Why 2 handed weapons don't have 2 slots?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Is it game breaking? Why not give 2 sigil slots to GS/Staff/Bow/ETC?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

It’s still only one weapon. Have said that I seem to remember in the last thread of this topic some talk of it was supposed to happen. Or something.

Though, considering how big some of them are they could probably take more than two!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Jon said that it is because of technical limitations.

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

In an effort to stay on topic, the only reason I can see why they haven’t made two upgrade slots for two-handed weapons is because all gear has only one upgrade slot period.

It will be interesting to see what they do with ascended weaponry and armor. Maybe they will finally alleviate this situation. Or at least give an equal stat bonus from two-handed weapons when compared to using two weapons.

You are correct. This was a technical drawback from the initial implementation of the system that we did not have the bandwidth undo. In order to do I now would require a significant rework of many other things. Not something I would rule out but something we would weigh considerably which means don’t expect it soon.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because it’s one weapon.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Please correct me if I’m wrong!
But I think that this is how it works:

Every weapons skill, one 1-hand or 2-hand weapons, has cooldown. Every weapon skill only uses the sigil of the weapon that was used. Every weapon skill uses one sigil. If there were two sigils on your two-handed weapon, you’d be using 2 sigils for each one of your 5 skills.

What does add up is the additional “+ stats” enchantments I think, which would give two-handed weapons an edge. But: two-handed weapons deal greater base damage than one-handed ones. Now you say, “yes, but if you have TWO of them, the damage adds up!” … but it doesn’t, as long as you can’t fire your two weapons at the same time.

Is this correct?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Every weapons skill, one 1-hand or 2-hand weapons, has cooldown. Every weapon skill only uses the sigil of the weapon that was used. Every weapon skill uses one sigil. If there were two sigils on your two-handed weapon, you’d be using 2 sigils for each one of your 5 skills.

What does add up is the additional “+ stats” enchantments I think, which would give two-handed weapons an edge. But: two-handed weapons deal greater base damage than one-handed ones. Now you say, “yes, but if you have TWO of them, the damage adds up!” … but it doesn’t, as long as you can’t fire your two weapons at the same time.

Is this correct?

Both your sigils apply to all skills, if you have two weapons.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

everything you hear from these devs lately is “limitation” of this thing and that thing. Having two sigils on two hand weapons makes perfect sense should have been this way since game launch.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Is this correct?

Both your sigils apply to all skills, if you have two weapons.

I did not know that! In that case… yeah. I’m with you, OP.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I’m not for or against, but if it’s something Anet cannot do due to some mechanical issues then no biggie. It’s not game breaking. Added, no one is forced to use staves or greatswords and hammers. I get along just fine using them though. Probably a non issue for me.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

everything you hear from these devs lately is “limitation” of this thing and that thing. Having two sigils on two hand weapons makes perfect sense should have been this way since game launch.

Everything we here from you lately is a complaint about something the devs should be doing differently. I don’t know about you, but I’ve heard lots of things from devs that aren’t this. Maybe you’re just not listening carefully enough.

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Jon said that it is because of technical limitations.

LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Limitations?

There should be a workaround here on their codes. I mean, it’s their codes… :|

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici