Why am I not surprised about the beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Papierkorb.2301

Papierkorb.2301

“Challenging group content”

Well played Anet, the most challenging part about it is to form a squad, since joining/leaving parties or squads is buggy af.

If that’s your version of challenging content then I have to admit that I’m impressed.

Not even the top players can deal with this level of difficulty.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a beta for reasons like this. Would you prefer to run into this problem on release day?

Papierkorb.2301

Nah, I just got the feeling that if the party/squad thingy would work properly, those 3 bosses would be dead within hours.

Maybe that was Anets plan to really make those raids challenging.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Gasp!! something not working in the beta :O stop the presses!

joking aside, it’s a beta, there will be bugs, it sucks but it’s kinda to be expected. Not being able to enter also says very little about the bosses inside

Papierkorb.2301

Ye the thing is those people who managed to get into the raid properly already succeeded in killing the bosses (according to reddit).

My point is NOT that there shouldn’t be bugs in beta.
My point IS that the only challenging part about the beta are the bugs.

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

Ye the thing is those people who managed to get into the raid properly already succeeded in killing the bosses (according to reddit).

It might have to do with the fact that GW2 is a PvE flawed game from the get go. People can complain about trinities all they want, but they allow structured fights to take place, and as a result, more unique scenarios for boss encounters can be made from it.

If Anet wanted GW2 to be a PvP focused game, they should have focused more on the PvP nature of it. The sad part is, they really wanted to push for the PvE aspect, and it wasn’t even as good as most F2P MMO’s out there, to be completely honest. If it wasn’t for the subscription less approach, I honestly don’t know if I would have even given GW2 half the time of day that I had.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well then, go find those bugs and report them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

If I were a developer, I would definitely err on the side of undertuning my fights in the beta weekend so I could get more feedback rather than overtuning so a bunch of people hit a wall and you get nothing meaningful from their experience. You might be able to argue that if they overtuned, if anyone did beat it you could examine it to see what are the most OP things in the game are…but I think you’d get a lot more out of examining data from a lot more groups anyway.

If you guys expect this to be an accurate representation of raid content, you’re probably not going to be happy. In fact, I imagine the first wing won’t be as challenging as most people will want, and that’s fine, this is their first foray into medium sized group content.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

“Challenging group content”

Well played Anet, the most challenging part about it is to form a squad, since joining/leaving parties or squads is buggy af.

If that’s your version of challenging content then I have to admit that I’m impressed.

Not even the top players can deal with this level of difficulty.

Three-headed wurm says Hello!

Well then, go find those bugs and report them.

well…
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Did-not-get-reward-chest-for-Triple-Trouble
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Triple-Trouble-No-The-Wurm-s-Golden-Chest
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-The-Wurm-s-Golden-Chest/first#post5498460
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Triple-Trouble-without-bonus-chest
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Triple-trouble-wurm-daily-chest-bugged
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Triple-trouble-bonus-chest-fix
and so on.
And look at the date: “about a year ago”/ ie the first day of Triple Trouble event, to be precise.
There is a history, players can legitimately be worried .
No offense.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

It might have to do with the fact that GW2 is a PvE flawed game from the get go. People can complain about trinities all they want, but they allow structured fights to take place, and as a result, more unique scenarios for boss encounters can be made from it.

I agree that GW2 PvE thus far has been flawed in design. They tried to take classic PvE content (that relies on trinity mechanics) and use it for a non-trinity system. It’s a bad idea.

I don’t agree that trinities provide more variety. More structure artificially limits encounters. The benefit is that encounters are relatively easy to design because you only have to account for 3 core elements (tank/dps/heal). So there is more ‘variety’ in the sense that there are more trinity based raids out there. The details and situations vary but it all boils down to tank, heal and dps. I don’t call that genuine variety.

GW2 has the potential to do much more, without relying on tired repetitions of the trinity, by giving each class unique mechanics and abilities. Problem is there’s no roadmap for that and it isn’t easy to design.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

There’s only 1 boss currently available. There’s 3 minibosses that have been killed. No one’s managed to kill the final boss that I’ve seen.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

It’s a beta for reasons like this. Would you prefer to run into this problem on release day?

Considering the game drops in 3 weeks, and how obviously rushed and broken it is, I’d say we are going to see that anyway. Peeps are facerolling and pugging the raid already – when they can get in of course. I’m very worried at the poor state of the xpac at this point. They are working hard I’m sure, but it’s not looking great right now.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Nah, I just got the feeling that if the party/squad thingy would work properly, those 3 bosses would be dead within hours.

There’s only one boss there. Maybe you had mistaken the trash for bosses?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Considering the game drops in 3 weeks, and how obviously rushed and broken it is, I’d say we are going to see that anyway. Peeps are facerolling and pugging the raid already – when they can get in of course. I’m very worried at the poor state of the xpac at this point. They are working hard I’m sure, but it’s not looking great right now.

It’s a beta, not a demo. You’re not see the map in its complete state. They also could adjust things when they want people to focus on a certain aspect. Not everything can be made bug free in a test environment. Sometimes you won’t find bugs until it’s in a live environment.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Maybe that was Anets plan to really make those raids challenging.

What did you think challenging meant? That it takes month until the raid is completed for the first time worldwide?

Of course the raid areas will be very soon have so much guides so a full squad can clear them in an hour. Luckly that’s what challenging group content is in gw2.

If it would be so hard that it would take a very long time to complete it, anet would lose 90% of their customers only to make 0.005% happy

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This is exact the reason i dont bother with beta. This Alpha we play last 3 years still full of bugs.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Yakubyogami.7586

Yakubyogami.7586

This is not Everquest 1. This will never be Everquest 1. ‘Challenging’ is subjective and what’s easy for one may be hard for another. MMOs as a whole have been watered down to bring in more players, so what did you expect, exactly?

Papierkorb.2301

Well noones managed to kill the final boss because his main mechanic is to DC people. Good argument bro.

And with those 3 bosses I meant what you call “trash”, my point is still valid tho no matter how you call them.