Why are people crying anet not listening?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FenceJumper.9106

FenceJumper.9106

Looking through alot of the boards on this forum alot of people are crying out about anet not listening to “us” about balance or what ever. Why are people doing this? The game is barely a month old, the meta game hasnt had time to establish and few people have actually figured out how to effectively and properly use each profession. Are there potential issues? yes, this game is massive in scope and execution, there will always be some type of issue somewhere, but just because anet doesn’t immediately make a change to every little issue (which might not even turn out to be an issue in the long run) and waits to see if the community finds an answer to the issue instead of potentially breaking something with a nerf/buff.

Very few if any games, let alone MMO’s, at release have this much polish balance and shine at release. GW1 wasnt this good at release of prophecies. Give the meta game time to establish, and give anet time to truely identify the things that need fixing.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Saying people are crying whenever they bring up an issue is frankly unproductive and immature. When 10 fanboys jump on a post that brings up a legitimate issue. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read “Leave if you don’t like it . We won’t miss you.”

Anything less than full unmitigated praise and worship on these boards is often met with attack. In fairness you didn’t do that. It’s kind of provocative to say people are crying, whiny, noobs, stupid, don’t know how to play, don’t know what they are talking about, etc. What ever happened to civil disagreement?

You mentioned this, there are a lot of problems with this game. (while I love a ton of stuff about it) They really took their time making this game. They tested the heck out of it. I think people have a right to expect a lot. Furthermore, There are problems that their patches seem to have actually worstened. Also communication about what’s going on is actually lacking.

(edited by SHM.7628)

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Why are people crying about people crying?
Because they paid for the game and its their entitlement to be expressed after all they paid.

And even if they didn’t pay because it was a FREE DL and FREE TO PLAY game a good development team would look at their concern if it was valid and deliberate on handling the issue.

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

Lol, polish at release? Good joke bro. The Trading post was down for maintenance for like a month. That COMPLETELY ruined the Gem prices because nobody had gold to spend on gems due to not being able to sell anything on the trade post. The Gem value is finally going up, albeit slowly. The damage has already been done. Seriously, don’t make me laugh, this game was absolutely broken at release…

Edit: and there is no excuse for it. People like me who had been saving up hundreds of dollars for gems to sell for gold completely got screwed because Anet dropped the ball with the trading post being broken for a month at launch.

SHM.7628

Why are people crying about people crying?
Because they paid for the game and its their entitlement to be expressed after all they paid.

And even if they didn’t pay because it was a FREE DL and FREE TO PLAY game a good development team would look at their concern if it was valid and deliberate on handling the issue.

Agree Rizzy. I find it offensive to say someone is crying when they express an opinion. if I disagree with something I say so and I state the reasons why respectfully. Crying/ whining implies that someone complains for no good reason. That there is something fundamentally wrong with them and their opinion is worthless. Rather than disagreeing and stating why, which is productive.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They whine about things because they can, and because it is cheap and easy to do so. It doesn’t cost anything, not even a stamp, and they get attention from it. A lot of the people aren’t even trying to improve the game, or to convince Arenanet to turn the game into WoW. They just like yelling because people yell back at them and they enjoy the attention.

SHM.7628

They whine about things because they can, and because it is cheap and easy to do so. It doesn’t cost anything, not even a stamp, and they get attention from it. A lot of the people aren’t even trying to improve the game, or to convince Arenanet to turn the game into WoW. They just like yelling because people yell back at them and they enjoy the attention.

You are 100% right. See how you are wining about people wining? Its free, its cheap and makes you feel better about yourself taking someone down a peg. Makes you feel superior doesn’t it?

I’ve found people who have to insult others to get a point across, have little worth and are miserable themselves. Which is a big difference from just disagreeing with someone.

tolunart.2095

You are 100% right. See how you are wining about people wining? Its free, its cheap and makes you feel better about yourself taking someone down a peg. Makes you feel superior doesn’t it?

I’ve found people who have to insult others to get a point across, have little worth and are miserable themselves. Which is a big difference from just disagreeing with someone.

Not particularly, I feel that clear and understandable communication is important, and towards that end I explained what I know about the situation. I don’t feel superior to anyone for it.

Posted by: Mastermind.3169

Mastermind.3169

I guess the posts seem to come up repetitively because they get no real answers, it was the exact same problem in swtor. When people do not get answers they either repeat the question or leave.

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

There is a difference between crying and having an issue. I personally feel they should delete the general discussion forum. It’s filled with rage and die hard fans who will defend the game for anything. Yes the game just recently came out, are there bugs? Absolutly! Are they game breaking? No.

People attack because having 20 people post the same topics over and over doesn’t reach the attention of Dev’s especially when they are written like a 4th grader.
Please Anet delete the general forums.

SHM.7628

Not particularly, I feel that clear and understandable communication is important, and towards that end I explained what I know about the situation. I don’t feel superior to anyone for it.

When you call someone a whiner, it’s a personal attack. You are demeaning and belittleing for having an opinion contrary to yours. My experience has been that people who do that sort of thing are intollerant of any opinion other than their own.

IE, they disagree with me = they are whining.

I guess its easier if on them if the other person is a whiner, rather than accepting that they may be an intollerant kittenhole.

tolunart.2095

Believe what you want. The whining is about seeking attention, not trying to communicate.

SHM.7628

Believe what you want. The whining is about seeking attention, not trying to communicate.

They need to leave, shut up, deal with it, or find another game. I know exactly where you are coming from. Sieg Heil my friend.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I don’t want anyone to leave…but I WOULD like people to adapt.

You can’t go play chess expecting it to play like checkers; you can’t play Scrabble expecting it to play like monopoly; so why do you expect to play GW2 like every other game?

THAT BEING SAID, there are issues with this game: bots, economy, tradepost, bugs. balance, risk vs. reward, etc. These are serious, valid concerns. What I don’t understand are posts that demand the removal of downscaling, DEs, or other fundamental mechanics. I could understand posts talking about IMPROVING those features, but simply removing them is like saying that you want to put sails on a new car because you are a fisherman.

ANet has been listening. Check how many blog posts they’ve had since launch. Check the twitter entries. The issue isn’t listening; it’s speed of implementation. People are expecting things to be fixed within hours rather than days. This is a huge freaking game in its first legs; give it a moment to stretch.

Basically…voice your opinions but BE RESPECTFUL; be critical but BE CONSTRUCTIVE.

…and USE CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS, lol

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

Why in the world would I want attention from you? Or from fanboys in these forums? Let me tell you something: I don’t. The reason why I keep expressing my genuine concerns about the game (which you call “whining”) is because I love the game and the promise that it showed and feel that it would be a real shame to let it be destroyed by terrible decision on ArenaNet’s behalf.

I know our “whining” affects your self-created idea that the game is perfect. Well, it’s not. If it were, there wouldn’t be so many people “whining” on the forums. However, there’s a simple solution to that: don’t read the threads whose title suggests a topic that might bother you.

I would never be here expressing the issues I have with the game if I downright hated it. Instead, I’d be off playing someone else. There’s no reason I’d waste my time trying to cope with the huge amount of fanboyism on these forums if I didn’t like the game.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

SHM

When 10 fanboys jump on a post that brings up a legitimate issue.

It’s not a legitimate issue if it completely changes a core aspect of the gameplay that a majority of the game’s players bought the game for and enjoy.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I don’t want anyone to leave…but I WOULD like people to adapt.

Do you want me to adapt to people teleporting in the game to farm materials and kill a multitude of beasts? Should we adapt to the flying hackers that stole the orbs for gate of madness in WvW with no possible resistance?

DusK.3849

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Rhanoa.3960

Rhanoa.3960

Some folks think there should be an “Instant Fix Button!”

MMORPG’s are not easy, you’re just too PRO!!!

Gauradan.8361

SHM

It’s not a legitimate issue if it completely changes a core aspect of the gameplay that a majority of the game’s players bought the game for and enjoy.

So asking for improved rewards for dungeons changes the core aspect of the game? How’s that? Oh, you would rather that dungeons feel unrewarding? Well, if getting rewarded for spending time in a dungeon is a problem for you, you could just destroy all the rewards that you feel you haven’t earned.

Also, asking for the removal of the anti-farm code is against the core philosophies of the game? How so? You have the cultural armor who costs ~120 gold, which means they meant for the money to be obtainable in some way. Loot is already scarce as it is (scarcer than in most MMOs), how is it better that it should diminish over time? No MMO I have ever played ever had such a mechanic and for good reason. If you want to stop botting you should permanently ban people who do it, not punish players with the genuine interest of making gold.

These are the concerns that I have seen most people here expressing, myself included. How is it that they are not legitimate? In truth, the fact that these issues exist goes against the core philosophy of the game which is innovation in the genre. Loot diminishing surely isn’t innovative. Unrewarding dungeons even moreso.

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

Why in the world would I want attention from you? Or from fanboys in these forums? Let me tell you something: I don’t. The reason why I keep expressing my genuine concerns about the game (which you call “whining”) is because I love the game and the promise that it showed and feel that it would be a real shame to let it be destroyed by terrible decision on ArenaNet’s behalf.

I know our “whining” affects your self-created idea that the game is perfect. Well, it’s not. If it were, there wouldn’t be so many people “whining” on the forums. However, there’s a simple solution to that: don’t read the threads whose title suggests a topic that might bother you.

I would never be here expressing the issues I have with the game if I downright hated it. Instead, I’d be off playing someone else. There’s no reason I’d waste my time trying to cope with the huge amount of fanboyism on these forums if I didn’t like the game.

This, despite all the mess-ups I’m passionate and hopeful that the game will improve to my liking. You guys call it whining, but it’s actually constructive criticism.

Rizzy.8293

SHM

So asking for improved rewards for dungeons changes the core aspect of the game? How’s that? Oh, you would rather that dungeons feel unrewarding? Well, if getting rewarded for spending time in a dungeon is a problem for you, you could just destroy all the rewards that you feel you haven’t earned.

Also, asking for the removal of the anti-farm code is against the core philosophies of the game? How so? You have the cultural armor who costs ~120 gold, which means they meant for the money to be obtainable in some way. Loot is already scarce as it is (scarcer than in most MMOs), how is it better that it should diminish over time? No MMO I have ever played ever had such a mechanic and for good reason. If you want to stop botting you should permanently ban people who do it, not punish players with the genuine interest of making gold.

These are the concerns that I have seen most people here expressing, myself included. How is it that they are not legitimate? In truth, the fact that these issues exist goes against the core philosophy of the game which is innovation in the genre. Loot diminishing surely isn’t innovative. Unrewarding dungeons even moreso.

Because some people aren’t 80 and don’t fully understand the issues level 80s have with the current ingame tax but because they’re self centered and enjoy pushing their opinion onto others, they continue to talk like they know what they’re talking about.

For example saying you can attain exotic factions armour for 8g, when factions armours are rare not exotic.

I know it’s asking for a lot but I really wish some people would educate themselves before spewing.

Gauradan.8361

Because some people aren’t 80 and don’t fully understand the issues level 80s have with the current ingame tax but because they’re self centered and enjoy pushing their opinion onto others, they continue to talk like they know what they’re talking about.

For example saying you can attain exotic factions armour for 8g, when factions armours are rare not exotic.

I know it’s asking for a lot but I really wish some people would educate themselves before spewing.

Yes, it’s quite sad that we get flamed and called names just because we express honest concerns about the game, concerns which anyone who has spent a decent amount of time at 80 should have. Perhaps ArenaNet responding to our claims is a matter of time, perhaps they will never fix the issues we have. But by no means will I accept being told to just shut up and leave the game if I have any issues with it.

(edited by Gauradan.8361)

Rizzy.8293

Yes, it’s quite sad that we get flamed and called names just because we express honest concerns about the game, concerns which anyone who has spent a decent amount of time at 80 should have. Perhaps ArenaNet responding to our claims is a matter of time, perhaps they will never fix the issues we have. But by no means will I accept being told to just shut up and leave the game if I have any issues with it.

Dont worry they already are responding, I dont have the link off the top of my head, but the devs also agree that their dungeons aren’t rewarding and on par with is expected with dungeons, so they’re reevaluating the issue but making no promises for now.

Posted by: Artorous.8573

Artorous.8573

Faction Armor: Meant to be a rare skin used for transmuting. If you want to represent your faction then save up for it and do just that! Don’t complain about the cost. It is there to give you something to strive after. If you don’t think the price is worth it then go after something else.

Anti-Farm Code: If you don’t just run around with a zerg group then you won’t notice any change. Every time I do an event I get the full amount of exp/karma/silver. I get a healthy supply of drops. If you want easy exotics then you can get a full set off of the Trade Center for 10-20 gold. It’s that simple. Don’t complain because you can’t just go run around with a zerg group for a day and get full exotics with little to no effort on your part.

Teleport Hacking: Report them that way ANet can work on ways to fix the problem. WoW has them still and it’s been around for years and years. If it was a simple fix it would be fixed already. There are always going to be players out there that try and exploit things whenever they can. Sad people are sad.

Dungeon Rewards: If you are running around with a PUG and doing explorable modes then you’re going to have a painful trip and you’re going to spend a lot on repairs. If you are chain speed running them, trying to skip as much of the content in each dungeon as possible, then don’t complain when they nerf it. They want the unique skins to take some time to get that way everyone isn’t wearing them in less than a month. Take your time and run with a coordinated group of players and you will have an enjoyable experience with little to no downside. If you just want to run them over and over again to get your set so you can then come QQ on the forums about nothing to do, then by all means go to another game. The amount of time it takes to get any unique set is absolutely nothing compared to the first Guild Wars. ANet said, multiple times if I may add, before the game was released that Explorable Modes were not meant for Pugs, so if you’re running with a pug and failing then don’t come and complain on the forums. Get better instead of asking everything to be brought down to your level.

Bugs: If you are experiencing any bugs, report them so ANet knows about them and can fix them. Yes, they are annoying, but considering almost every day I log on I have a new patch that proves that ANet is working to fix the bugs as fast as they possibly can. No game is perfect and expect a MMO, of all genres, to be perfect upon release is just crazy.

When you come to the forums asking for X to be nerfed because it’s too hard or for core mechanics of the game to change to suit your play style, then expect to get hounded by these so called “fanbois/ys”. If you want game A to be more like game B then why did you start game A in the first place when you obviously wanted game B still.

Gauradan.8361

Faction Armor: Meant to be a rare skin used for transmuting. If you want to represent your faction then save up for it and do just that! Don’t complain about the cost. It is there to give you something to strive after. If you don’t think the price is worth it then go after something else.

Anti-Farm Code: If you don’t just run around with a zerg group then you won’t notice any change. Every time I do an event I get the full amount of exp/karma/silver. I get a healthy supply of drops. If you want easy exotics then you can get a full set off of the Trade Center for 10-20 gold. It’s that simple. Don’t complain because you can’t just go run around with a zerg group for a day and get full exotics with little to no effort on your part.

Teleport Hacking: Report them that way ANet can work on ways to fix the problem. WoW has them still and it’s been around for years and years. If it was a simple fix it would be fixed already. There are always going to be players out there that try and exploit things whenever they can. Sad people are sad.

Dungeon Rewards: If you are running around with a PUG and doing explorable modes then you’re going to have a painful trip and you’re going to spend a lot on repairs. If you are chain speed running them, trying to skip as much of the content in each dungeon as possible, then don’t complain when they nerf it. They want the unique skins to take some time to get that way everyone isn’t wearing them in less than a month. Take your time and run with a coordinated group of players and you will have an enjoyable experience with little to no downside. If you just want to run them over and over again to get your set so you can then come QQ on the forums about nothing to do, then by all means go to another game. The amount of time it takes to get any unique set is absolutely nothing compared to the first Guild Wars. ANet said, multiple times if I may add, before the game was released that Explorable Modes were not meant for Pugs, so if you’re running with a pug and failing then don’t come and complain on the forums. Get better instead of asking everything to be brought down to your level.

Bugs: If you are experiencing any bugs, report them so ANet knows about them and can fix them. Yes, they are annoying, but considering almost every day I log on I have a new patch that proves that ANet is working to fix the bugs as fast as they possibly can. No game is perfect and expect a MMO, of all genres, to be perfect upon release is just crazy.

When you come to the forums asking for X to be nerfed because it’s too hard or for core mechanics of the game to change to suit your play style, then expect to get hounded by these so called “fanbois/ys”. If you want game A to be more like game B then why did you start game A in the first place when you obviously wanted game B still.

I don’t want Guild Wars 2 to be WoW. I want it to be what it promised to be: a game that is fun to play. Such mechanics impede my enjoyment the game. Sure it might not bother some, but I doubt there’s anyone out there who actually finds the anti-farm code fun.

(edited by Gauradan.8361)

DusK.3849

So asking for improved rewards for dungeons changes the core aspect of the game?

If it adds a gear treadmill, yes. If it doesn’t, no, and is one of the things I’m actually advocating for.

No, when I talk about people wanting to change core aspects of the gameplay, I’m talking about the people who think there should be progression raiding, tank/heal/dps combat, etc. Things that, if changed in GW2, would just not make it GW2 anymore.

Also, the anti-farm code won’t affect you if you -and this is gonna sound crazy, but it’s true- don’t farm! Woah, new concept, not farming in an MMO is more rewarding that some low-risk/low-effort/high-reward workaround. Ah mai gawd, sky is falling.

SHM.7628

SHM

You can’t say that with absolute certainty. This is your opinion and a point of conjecture. If something is broken it needs fixing or scrapping. I don’t care if its core to the game or not.

An example is (in my opinion) level scaling. It needs to either be seriously reworked or scrapped. The loot/XP/karma don’t scale to my actual level. So you punish people with a fight with no hope of a decent reward. It needs a serious fix like a toggle on/off, or adjusted rewards to level. It’s not working, its a system that simply keeps me out of the lower levels. That wa not what they had in mind when they made it. Another one, diminishing rewards. You don’t punish legit players for simply playing.

Not a minority of the players feel this way either. read the boards. Its flooded with this stuff. I guess its easy to dismiss everyone as a whiner, rather than admit there’s a problem.
my point, if its broke = fix it.

Artorous.8573

“I don’t want Guild Wars 2 to be WoW. I want it to be what it promised to be: a game that is fun to play. Such mechanics impede my enjoyment the game. Sure it might not bother some, but I doubt there’s anyone out there who actually find the anti-farm code fun.”

Again, if you’re not in a zerge group going around doing the same events over and over and over again then you’re not going to notice any change. You are getting exactly what ANet promised by doing multiple things within the game instead of 1 thing over and over again. By “farming” events time and time again you are doing exactly what ANet has stated they don’t want people doing. People who followed the game before it was released knew exactly that.

If you farmed the same instances/bosses, over and over again in GW1 they did the same thing they are doing in GW2. It is should be absolutely no surprise to anyone who played GW1 or followed the production of GW2 that they do this.

Rizzy.8293

So asking for improved rewards for dungeons changes the core aspect of the game?

If it adds a gear treadmill, yes. If it doesn’t, no, and is one of the things I’m actually advocating for.

No, when I talk about people wanting to change core aspects of the gameplay, I’m talking about the people who think there should be progression raiding, tank/heal/dps combat, etc. Things that, if changed in GW2, would just not make it GW2 anymore.

Also, the anti-farm code won’t affect you if you -and this is gonna sound crazy, but it’s true- don’t farm! Woah, new concept, not farming in an MMO is more rewarding that some low-risk/low-effort/high-reward workaround. Ah mai gawd, sky is falling.

You keep saying gear treadmill but you don’t know what it is.
A gear treadmill is a game that continuously increases the stats of gear like WOW.

Increasing game rewards is is allowing you get that basic end game armour easier, it is not a gear treadmill.

GW2 has STANDARDIZED stats.
The only treadmill you have to do is, well since you’re not 80 id assume you be upgrading your armour every 10 – 15 levels or so and not still be in your level 1 gear are you?

But anyways, stopping at a certain point where stats are no longer improved and that baseline is exotics.

I really wish you would educate yourself and stop spewing.

But hey you can just get “EXOTIC Faction” Armour for 8g right?
Even though theres no such thing.

DusK.3849

You can’t say that with absolute certainty. This is your opinion and a point of conjecture. If something is broken it needs fixing or scrapping. I don’t care if its core to the game or not.

1. Usually, I can say it with certainty. I read the ANet blog for three years. I kept tabs on the main site as they released information. I know what kind of game they were building, what the core philosophies of that game are, and I know that if they changed those things, it would be like bringing Street Fighter IV from a 2D fighter to a 3D fighter simply because some people don’t like 2D fighters, which brings me to my next point…

2. Just because you don’t like some feature doesn’t mean it’s broken. If you prefer tank/heal/dps combat, that’s fine, but that’s not what the game was built on, and most people are enjoying the combat as is, it’s working as intended, so therefore, it’s not broken. Same with the lack of a gear treadmill; it’s working. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s broken. There are a lot of ideas that make GW2 what it is. ANet made a game to defy existing conventions, not defy them for a month and then change them for everyone just because a few WoWites got culture shock.

Oh, and sorry Rizzy, but everything you say ceased to be relevant the moment you insisted that gear matters more than skill.

Artorous.8573

SHM

An example is (in my opinion) level scaling. It needs to either be seriously reworked or scrapped. The loot/XP/karma don’t scale to my actual level. So you punish people with a fight with no hope of a decent reward. It needs a serious fix like a toggle on/off, or adjusted rewards to level. It’s not working, its a system that simply keeps me out of the lower levels. That wa not what they had in mind when they made it. Another one, diminishing rewards. You don’t punish legit players for simply playing.

Not a minority of the players feel this way either. read the boards. Its flooded with this stuff. I guess its easy to dismiss everyone as a whiner, rather than admit there’s a problem.
my point, if its broke = fix it.

I do agree with you partly. If you’re 80 and scaled down to a level 10 event then you should get rewarded closer to your actual level. Now you shouldn’t be rewarded the exact same because even a downscaled 80 can completely annihilate level 10 mobs in no time flat. Maybe make them 50-75% of what you get for doing 80 events. I think that would be fair.

SHM.7628

1. Usually, I can say it with certainty. I read the ANet blog for three years. I kept tabs on the main site as they released information. I know what kind of game they were building, what the core philosophies of that game are, and I know that if they changed those things, it would be like bringing Street Fighter IV from a 2D fighter to a 3D fighter simply because some people don’t like 2D fighters, which brings me to my next point…

2. Just because you don’t like some feature doesn’t mean it’s broken. If you prefer tank/heal/dps combat, that’s fine, but that’s not what the game was built on, and most people are enjoying the combat as is, it’s working as intended, so therefore, it’s not broken. Same with the lack of a gear treadmill; it’s working. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s broken. There are a lot of ideas that make GW2 what it is. ANet made a game to defy existing conventions, not defy them for a month and then change them for everyone just because a few WoWites got culture shock.

Oh, and sorry Rizzy, but everything you say ceased to be relevant the moment you insisted that gear matters more than skill.

1) I don’t care what you read for 3 years prior to realease because if its broken now that the game is out = it needs ro be fixed. What they planned in the abstract may or may not work. If it doesn’t work it needs repair replacement. You might have a point if you take it to the extreme and someone says take all the combat out of the game. No one is talking those extremes.

2) Just because you like it, doesn’t mean its working either.

3) Rizzy’s opinion is not irrelevant. He’s entitled to an opinion. You are free to disagree. I see you telling people how to play/ enjoy the game. That’s bullkitten dude.

BTW, gear matters hugely. Some of my exotic armor outclassed what I was wearing by 150 points per piece. My lvl 80 exotic weapons are hugely more powerful too.

Rizzy.8293

1) I don’t care what you read for 3 years prior to realease because if its broken now that the game is out = it needs ro be fixed. What they planned in the abstract may or may not work. If it doesn’t work it needs repair replacement. You might have a point if you take it to the extreme and someone says take all the combat out of the game. No one is talking those extremes.

3) Rizzy’s opinion is not irrelevant. He’s entitled to an opinion. You are free to disagree. I see you telling people how to play/ enjoy the game. That’s bullkitten dude.

BTW, gear matters hugely. Some of my exotic armor outclassed what I was wearing by 150 points per piece. My lvl 80 exotic weapons are hugely more powerful too.

20 percent increase in damage or which stat your exotic is supposed to increase isnt much according to DusK.

But you know aslong as hes not in your dungeon exp runs dragging your team down, its cool.

Artorous.8573

Don’t know why it won’t let me quote but:

“BTW, gear matters hugely. Some of my exotic armor outclassed what I was wearing by 150 points per piece. My lvl 80 exotic weapons are hugely more powerful too.”

Level 80 exotics are slightly better than level 80 rares which are slightly better than level 80 masterworks and so on. If you have found a piece of level 80 gear that is 150 points higher than another piece of level 80 gear then please show it to me. Whenever I look at the TC and compare Exotics to Rare I see 2-4 point differences at best.

SHM.7628

20 percent increase in damage or which stat your exotic is supposed to increase isnt much according to DusK.

But you know aslong as hes not in your dungeon exp runs dragging your team down, its cool.

You’re so right. My main is a Warrior, I got at least 450 more defense when I upgraded to exotic armor. My hammer does a minumum of 300 more damage a swing. Same thing for my rifle. Yes, you need skill too, but those numbers are to high to ignore.

Rizzy.8293

“BTW, gear matters hugely. Some of my exotic armor outclassed what I was wearing by 150 points per piece. My lvl 80 exotic weapons are hugely more powerful too.”

Level 80 exotics are slightly better than level 80 rares which are slightly better than level 80 masterworks and so on. If you have found a piece of level 80 gear that is 150 points higher than another piece of level 80 gear then please show it to me. Whenever I look at the TC and compare Exotics to Rare I see 2-4 point differences at best.

Base Damage differential is in the 100s, not to mention adding up all +1% extra crit damage from exotic berserker set, the number differential is significant.

Don’t believe me? try it out for yourself.

Attachments:

DusK.3849

Base Damage differential is in the 100s, not to mention adding up all +1% extra crit damage from exotic berserker set, the number differential is significant.

That’s an 11% difference. Negligible in this game.

Rizzy.8293

You’re so right. My main is a Warrior, I got at least 450 more defense when I upgraded to exotic armor. My hammer does a minumum of 300 more damage a swing. Same thing for my rifle. Yes, you need skill too, but those numbers are to high to ignore.

Just wait till you get exotic jewelry and trinkets too

SHM.7628

I didn’t go from a full rare set to a full exotic set. It would be insane to do that, you outgrow the armor too fast becase of leveling. I believe rizzy is right when he said the difference comes out to roughly 20%

If I am 20% stronger than you and we arm wrestle. Your arm is going to go down real fast! He wasn’t wrong.

DusK.3849

I believe rizzy is right when he said the difference comes out to roughly 20%

Not a big fan of math? That’s fine, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s wrong and the actual difference is about half of what he says it is.

SHM.7628

that’s about what I was seeing too.

Rizzy.8293

That’s an 11% difference. Negligible in this game.

Of course it is, thats why vigil armour is exotic.

I really do wish you would educate yourself before you start spewing, but anyways you ceased to be relevant when you started being irrelevant.

But keep thinking to yourself that gear doesn’t matter, the reason why you’ll start losing wvwvw (which uses stats from your pve gear btw) is because the other person has more sill (assuming you wvwvw)

Or that the reason your dungeon explorable runs end up wiping (assuming you do dungeons) is because someone else in your group is horrible

Its cool bro, I wasnt that hardcore of a player to play Guildwars at level 20 with level 18 gear

DusK.3849

Its cool bro, I wasnt that hardcore of a player to play Guildwars at level 20 with level 18 gear

That’s a terrible analogy. Something more accurate would be along the lines of playing GW1 as a 20 with max-level gear that’s not inscripted.

The bottom line is that 11% won’t save you if you’re garbage at the game. It’s not some sort of “baseline” as you keep insisting. Give me a good player in whites, blues, or greens over some scrub deathrunner in exotics any day.

Artorous.8573

It’s been a while since I looked at anything other than gems. I believe that’s where i got the 2-4 stat increase. Crystal to Orb is incredibly small, but the price difference is 5x that.

But, as mentioned above, that’s roughly a 10% difference in stats. So you would go from 1k to 1.1k damage a swing. Considering how much HP level 80 mobs have, you’re only going to shave off a second or two at most over the course of the fight.

I’ve got plenty of gold on hand but I am in masterwork quality gear because, in this game, gear doesn’t matter nearly as much as your skill does. Hell, unless you’re increasing your damage by 50-100% you’re probably not going to notice things dying faster.

SHM.7628

Not a big fan of math? That’s fine, but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s wrong and the actual difference is about half of what he says it is.

I want squabble with you over the exact numbers.. When you add the amount of percision to a bow (or in my case a rifle) You better believe that you are going to hit for 20% more damage easilly.

I was doing 300 more damage with my hammer. I know beacause I had it equipped.

Rizzy.8293

yeah im sure its because my maths suck, also onto of the 11 percent stat increase you claim it is over 6 equip slot 1 weapon and 6 acessories.

Now add the stats the rune attached to each one of the 6 equip slots

Attachments:

Rizzy.8293

It’s been a while since I looked at anything other than gems. I believe that’s where i got the 2-4 stat increase. Crystal to Orb is incredibly small, but the price difference is 5x that.

But, as mentioned above, that’s roughly a 10% difference in stats. So you would go from 1k to 1.1k damage a swing. Considering how much HP level 80 mobs have, you’re only going to shave off a second or two at most over the course of the fight.

I’ve got plenty of gold on hand but I am in masterwork quality gear because, in this game, gear doesn’t matter nearly as much as your skill does. Hell, unless you’re increasing your damage by 50-100% you’re probably not going to notice things dying faster.

oh lol ignore the orb, thats just a lame upgrade the bow came with, Ive upgraded it with a ruby.

Anyways you’re just looking at a bow, dont forget to include 6 equipment slot and 6 trinket slots.

aaannd upgrades.

such as, and since you have gold, go ahead try it, use a full exotic set.

Attachments:

DusK.3849

Ah, I wasn’t aware that you couldn’t put runes in rare equi- wait a minute.

Artorous.8573

Yeah, you can put Superior Runes/Sigils in any gear as long as it is at least level 60. It doesn’t matter if it’s a common level 60 item or a legendary level 80.