Why is Double Daily Fractal still happening?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Pretty sure you need to earn badges in WvW to be able to spend them for the big spender daily.

You get some badges from AP chests anyway, then you can spend 25 to get back 10 and get some APs which eventually earn you even more badges. Glorious.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The logic that defends these dailies is bizarre. ‘You can’t finish your daily without doing something you don’t like, but some of those things are easy so that makes it OK’.

The idea is to pick which dailies you do. You CAN finish your dailies without going into fractals, so the logic you mentioned is flawed.

Both WvW and SPvP players can easily do their dailies always without dipping into PvE. Why PvE players should be encouraged to move to PvP for their dailies? There’s a double standard here at play.

There is no double-standard at play.
Just look at it from a PvP player’s point of view. They have 2 daily class wins, every day. They are forced to change to a class they might not want to play at all, just to grab the 10 APs.

You have a point. Class dailies should be fixed as well, i guess. You are still unlikely to not have both of those classes.

WvWers have it easier i suppose, yet i’m sure they also have dailies that they have to actively seek out. Maybe on the offensive all day long, no objective defender or running with a big zerg, so no ruin capper. Or a roamer not able to capture a keep.

WvW dailies, and sPvP ones (with the possible exception of class dailies) are made out of things that are being done by a significant majority of players of said game modes. Fractals aren’t such activity. In fact, i’m pretty sure that there are more PvP players that play a specific class than people that play fractals. Even when we consider the significant PvE-PvP population disparity.
We basically have days when not one, but two PvE dailies are dedicated to an activity that only a tiny minority of PvE players engage in. This doesn’t happen in WvW or sPvP daily categories.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Pretty sure you need to earn badges in WvW to be able to spend them for the big spender daily.

EoTM nets you way more badges than WvW.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

WvW dailies, and sPvP ones (with the possible exception of class dailies) are made out of things that are being done by a significant majority of players of said game modes. Fractals aren’t such activity. In fact, i’m pretty sure that there are more PvP players that play a specific class than people that play fractals. Even when we consider the significant PvE-PvP population disparity.
We basically have days when not one, but two PvE dailies are dedicated to an activity that only a tiny minority of PvE players engage in. This doesn’t happen in WvW or sPvP daily categories.

Excuse me but which part of the game do fractals belong to if not PvE? I was under the impression we were dealing with high-end pve content right there.

Astralporing.1957

Excuse me but which part of the game do fractals belong to if not PvE? I was under the impression we were dealing with high-end pve content right there.

Yes, but it is a pve content that only a minority of pve players play. And there’s a reason for that.
I’d rather see Anet address the real reasons why that part of the game is so unpopular, instead of trying to inflate participation numbers by pushing people with dailies.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

EoTM nets you way more badges than WvW.

EotM IS a WvW map, casual or not. Some people (for whatever reason of their own) will have a kitten-fit unless they can achieve EVERY daily for the 10 AP without going outside their comfort zone.

I for one don’t see any issue with hopping in to eotm for all of the 10 minutes it takes to earn daily credit for keep/tower/defender/spender/etc but it seems the OP is incapable of going to other modes of play to complete their dailies

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And I’m asking if they don’t do it, what’s the actual penalty? What are they really missing out on?

All I can see is that it will take them longer to reach the cap. They’ll still reach it if they keep playing. Once they reach it it truly becomes a non issue.

It’s simply a long term goal becoming a slightly longer long term goal.

You’re fixated on the cap. I don’t think they are looking at that at all. I know the cap never enters my calculations.

I’m going to say that the penalty is the knowledge that that person has, that the game is set up so that they can’t do the daily that day. If they are trying to get one of the achievement chests, then every 10 days they can’t make progress. If they want the small daily chests for doing each of the 3 dailies, then they can’t get the third one. If the way they play has the daily as part of it, then that means they can’t do it and have to change their routine. It’s the knowledge that the game, every 10 days is set up so they can’t reach their goals.

All small things, but small irritating things that wouldn’t be there is there wasn’t a double fractal.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

I for one don’t see any issue with hopping in to eotm for all of the 10 minutes it takes to earn daily credit for keep/tower/defender/spender/etc but it seems the OP is incapable of going to other modes of play to complete their dailies

I for one had no problems doing 100% map completion including WvW on 5 chars and 100% completion is solely optional. Still ANet decided to take WvW out. It’s not about capabilities. Its about stopping to “force” players into game modes they don’t like.

I can clearly see a reason to take out double daily fractal.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Class dailies in pvp should be focused on first because they actually have a lot of negative side effects. The fractal one is just annoying to people who don’t like fractals (why they don’t I will never understand)

I wouldn’t mind if they take out the overlap (even though I enjoy it at times) if they replaced the daily fractal level range with do whatever level range you want. I normally do 50s and 40s and sometimes go lower if its on the daily. I would rather just do the 50 and the 40 since the players at those levels are usually ok and runs are faster and smoother than lower level ones. The worst daily IMO that I have never done is fractal 1-10. Those runs are…. Painful

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

They should do away with the level specific fractals from the dailies and just have the daily fractal.

Posted by: Kedarrian.2905

Kedarrian.2905

And why aren’t Daily ‘regular’ dungeons rotated in there too? CM, COE etc. We jump from harvesting copper to running Fracatals and miss out the content in betweeen.

The Daily system is a bit of a fudge.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The point of the dailies is to get players doing the content that ArenaNet wants them to play.

The fact that there are two Fractal options indicates that they really want you to be doing Fractals.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Nah, they are too proud and stubborn to admit an obvious oversight and choose to ignore sugestions to change it rather than admit it was mistake.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I think they do things like this in hopes people will branch out to other parts of the game. I can’t really relate too much considering achievement points aren’t a big deal at all to me.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If they coded Double Daily harvesting, Or Vista Veiwer or Double anything we have now I would be okay with it, this is the only thing t hat ever doubles up, Its just poor design no matter how you cut it.

The dailies function on rotations of each slot by my understanding. They placed Daily Fractal in a different slot because it requires doing a single fractal (not a fractal set like the others) on any difficulty – that means that it is easier than a set of fractals at a specific difficulty.

Since they’re in different slots, that means that they may double up. Unintentional but happens.

Given that there’s usually at least 1 very easy daily in each game mode (PvE, PvP, WvW), the Daily Fractal landing on a Daily Fractal Set is not very important to remove.

It’s a matter of cost/time of fixing versus necessity of fixing, and the necessity is near zilch.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Kedarrian.2905

It’s a matter of cost/time of fixing versus necessity of fixing, and the necessity is near zilch.

I don’t agree regarding the zero neccessity on this topic. All this kinda stuff adds up to make up the experience and happiness levels. Players feeling miffed about something is important. It’s not like it will take a large design team months of work to change it.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If they coded Double Daily harvesting, Or Vista Veiwer or Double anything we have now I would be okay with it, this is the only thing t hat ever doubles up, Its just poor design no matter how you cut it.

The dailies function on rotations of each slot by my understanding. They placed Daily Fractal in a different slot because it requires doing a single fractal (not a fractal set like the others) on any difficulty – that means that it is easier than a set of fractals at a specific difficulty.

Since they’re in different slots, that means that they may double up. Unintentional but happens.

Given that there’s usually at least 1 very easy daily in each game mode (PvE, PvP, WvW), the Daily Fractal landing on a Daily Fractal Set is not very important to remove.

This is not a random rotation. The wiki has a schedule for the dailies, and double fractals happens something like every ten days. There’s no way it’s unintentional.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I really don’t understand what the problem is. It’s a two fer, or a skip. When it’s more than 1-9 I skip it, cause I don’t want to do that. But when it’s 1-9 I’m all about it.

What I don’t understand is why you would not do a full fractal run if you’re going to do fractals. They take a bit, but it’s not actually that bad.

Just like I love when there is a Vista Viewer or harvesting in the same region as a zone event run. Knock off two things at the same time.

If you can’t do two, well you only needed three things in the first place. Do the basic fractal, then do whatever the other two PvE things were. Done, quit complaining.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I really don’t understand what the problem is. It’s a two fer, or a skip. When it’s more than 1-9 I skip it, cause I don’t want to do that. But when it’s 1-9 I’m all about it.

What I don’t understand is why you would not do a full fractal run if you’re going to do fractals. They take a bit, but it’s not actually that bad.

Just like I love when there is a Vista Viewer or harvesting in the same region as a zone event run. Knock off two things at the same time.

If you can’t do two, well you only needed three things in the first place. Do the basic fractal, then do whatever the other two PvE things were. Done, quit complaining.

This guy…..

This guy gets it

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Some of us actually look forward to the Double Fractal days and wouldn’t mind if they came around even more often.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

This would be far far ;more of an issue if there weren’t a daily cap for achievement points. Let’s say in the course of three years you get this a dozen times. It means it’ll take a dozen extra dailies at some point to MAX OUT your dailies anyway.

There’s no real reason to assume you NEED to do dailies every day since at some point they’ll stop counting anyway.

There are also PvP rooms set up for people who don’t like to PvP to get dailies fast WITHOUT PVPING.

That is to say the players in those rooms cooperate instead of compete so everyone gets the daily. It’s faster to do that for a single daily or even two than to do even the simplest fractal on the lowest level.

You may not enjoy doing it, but if you’re that uptight about getting those ten achievement points immediately there is another option.

So I have to choose between making progress or having fun? Why should I have to make that choice?

This is a game. Having fun is literally the only thing that matters. If a system requires me to choose between progress or fun, that system is bad.

That is exactly the choice someone who primarily runs fractals/dungeons has to make if they want to get dailies done. Maybe we should have a 4th “gametype” for dungeons/fractals.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The point in question is: is it complicated to change it, so that only one fractal task appears per day and if this happened (no more double daily fractals) what do we loose?

I think we’d loose nothing and I think it shouldn’t be that complicated to change. That is all.

My 2 bonus chests on the days that would have been double fractal days… some of us enjoy that content and appreciate the bonus rewards.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This is not a random rotation. The wiki has a schedule for the dailies, and double fractals happens something like every ten days. There’s no way it’s unintentional.

I never said it was random.

If you played GW1, then you may be familiar with the Zaishen quests. Dailies are basically the next form of that. Both have a list of objectives (quests in GW1) that cycle through. The order is exactly the same, but the amount between Zaishen quests (Missions, Combat, Bounty, and Vanquish) are different; eventually you’ll get the same line up again, because it’s not random, but it’ll take a while to get that same line up due to the difference in numbers.

GW2 dailies differ slightly because of different amounts of numbers – there’s far fewer and they repeat a few times before the cycle resets. According to the wiki, the cycles are 29 days long (next time we’ll get the same set of dailies as we have today is in 30 days) – not the 10 days you claimed. And in that 29 days, daily fractal happens twice.

It probably wasn’t intentional. I never said it was random. And it could be fixed by simply switching those two days. But in all honesty, is there a need?

People will kitten and whine about anything, fixing this won’t end that, and it won’t make you happy, nor is it necessary – because it means you can get two dailies done in a single activity. I thought people liked doing that.

But seriously, this double-fractal-daily thing happens twice a month. That’s not all that common. That’s not every 10 or so days – that’s every 15 or so days – and that sure as hell isn’t going to both you getting three dailies when there’s usually 3-6 really easy ones.

My thoughts exactly, sans the “when it’s more than 1-9 I don’t do it” bit. :P

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Astralporing.1957

What I don’t understand is why you would not do a full fractal run if you’re going to do fractals.

If.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

What I don’t understand is why you would not do a full fractal run if you’re going to do fractals.

If.

If you are doing the fractal daily then you are doing fractals. Therefore, I do no see why you would not just do the whole thing.

It is a serious kitten move to say, “I got the daily, so long, have fun finishing the rest of it down a man.”

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you are doing the fractal daily then you are doing fractals. Therefore, I do no see why you would not just do the whole thing.

It is a serious kitten move to say, “I got the daily, so long, have fun finishing the rest of it down a man.”

When I do the Fractal Daily, I either start my own group saying “Doing just ONE fractal for Daily Fractal”, or I join a group with a similar description. Then we all do our one fractal, and we all leave.

I usually just don’t have the time to do a full run in one sitting.

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

I still not sure why OP complaining this ?

It is and its not a complaint, but its is the only Daily out of the 12 we get to choose from that doubles up, It should be fixed. There should be 4 diverse options in all categories present for dailies. But someone did suggest adding a category for dungeon, and fractals, I can get behind that idea it adds diversity to the way I get my daily 10 ap.

Posted by: StijnToch.5368

StijnToch.5368

This thread is pointless since there are 8 other dailies you can do in PvP and WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

They are really desperate for people to play fractals more.

In honesty, the decision to use dailies as a means to entice players into (possibly) underused content smacks of desperation across the board, not just with regard to fractals.

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Plus it takes a slot away from another non-fractal daily task for players who don’t do fractals, PvP or WvW. Unless I decide to jump into fractals today (unlikely), I won’t be completing my dailies.

Whats the problem? You won’t, and? What so? You are so greedy for this 10 achieve points?

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Plus it takes a slot away from another non-fractal daily task for players who don’t do fractals, PvP or WvW. Unless I decide to jump into fractals today (unlikely), I won’t be completing my dailies.

+1
For this reason mostly.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not sure why people are arguing about this.

• If you love fractals, how bad would it be to make fotm part of the daily an extra day each month in exchange for losing the double-fractal day?
  • If you refuse to fractal, how bad can it be if you miss on day (or two) each month?

Regardless, I think ANet should review the current schedule of dailies anyhow: it’s stale, it’s unimaginative, it creates a few imo minor issues (such as the OP’s complaint), and it favors some professions (pvp) or types of content over others for no apparent reason.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The logic that defends these dailies is bizarre. ‘You can’t finish your daily without doing something you don’t like, but some of those things are easy so that makes it OK’.

Comfort zones, learn to get out of them. That’s the point of dailies. Dont like fractals? Bone up and run one. Find a group that isnt total kitten.

Besides, is it any more bizarre than the logic of “I dun leik dis dilly, gif us nu 1z” from some people? It’s simple: Anet’s not changed it since they introduced it, which should be a big friggin neon sign to you people that they intended it to be this way. Ergo, working as intended, stop asking for it to be changed because you simply dont like what shows up as a daily.

edit: also, it’s not “cant complete the daily” it’s “wont complete the daily.” MASSIVE difference between being unable to do a fractal and refusing to want to do a fractal.

(edited by Aidan Savage.2078)

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Comfort zones, learn to get out of them. That’s the point of dailies. Dont like fractals? Bone up and run one. Find a group that isnt total kitten.

Besides, is it any more bizarre than the logic of “I dun leik dis dilly, gif us nu 1z” from some people? It’s simple: Anet’s not changed it since they introduced it, which should be a big friggin neon sign to you people that they intended it to be this way. Ergo, working as intended, stop asking for it to be changed because you simply dont like what shows up as a daily.

edit: also, it’s not “cant complete the daily” it’s “wont complete the daily.” MASSIVE difference between being unable to do a fractal and refusing to want to do a fractal.

For over two years, there were never two dailies of the exact same type. That’s why people assume this must be an oversight.

The point of playing a game is to have fun, not to have content shoved down your throat. If ANET wants people to leave their comfort zones, perhaps anet should examine why certain content is underperforming, before people choose to leave the comfort zone of GW2 for fun.

You don’t know what anybody else is working with. My system couldn’t handle fractals or WvW until I upgraded in February. And the idea that the game is making people choose between fun and rewards is just… this is pretty basic, straightforward stuff. But I guess you’d rather condescend to people.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Kedarrian.2905

The answer that grates me is when people say the idea of dailies is to push people to do things they don’t want to do.

To which i answer, then why is Vista viewing in starter zones in there?. What is the merit in that action. And don’t start with the ‘it helps populate lower maps’ garbage. Any new player will learn how to view a vista within an hour of play, with or without the daily system.

I believe the PVE Daily should work with the players, not against them. Like how it does in PVP. If certain content is unpopular, Anet need to look at and address why that is.

(edited by Kedarrian.2905)

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

One easy solution to this dilemma is to simply reintroduce the Ascalonian Killer type dailies. Expand them out to be a bit more focused, such as Ghost Killer, Drake Killer, Inquest Killer, etc. Possibly add in Veteran-only variants similar to the old daily.

This sort of daily has/had the benefit of allowing players of all levels (as long as the mob types possible exist across level zones, which a huge number do), of going to whichever zones they favor (of those possible), which further helps disperse players so mobs of high-level players aren’t pushing aside all the low level players. Plus, it disperses players to different regions of the same maps, further reducing the friction.

This can add dozens of options back into the pool and will still get players motivated to move around the game world a bit to get to the mob types of the day. If some of these dailies double up, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Everyone likes murdering mobs.

As an aside, I’d advocate changing such dailies (as well as the existing Event dailies) so that any players with one or more max-level character cannot get credit for them (EDIT: with those high-level character(s)) in starter zones (maybe even including the second tier of 15-25, or so, zones). Those with higher level characters have loads of maps to choose from, those newer players without high-level characters don’t.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

So, you advocate pushing players to do things they may have already decided they don’t like or don’t want to do for any one of a variety of reasons? No concern whatsoever what those reasons are? Easy to say when you don’t have any such issues.

Besides, is it any more bizarre than the logic of “I dun leik dis dilly, gif us nu 1z” from some people?

Ridiculing a group of people simply because they want more variety when more variety is hardly difficult and would have at least a few obvious benefits only serves to trivialize your opinion. Unsurprisingly, you’re not claiming that more variety would be bad (and providing reasons), you’re just saying “It’s for your own good, so suck it up!” The last time someone said that to you when you complained about something YOU didn’t like, did you just shrug and say, “Yeah, you’re totally right!” I doubt it.

It’s simple: Anet’s not changed it since they introduced it, which should be a big friggin neon sign to you people that they intended it to be this way.

ANet’s changed lots of things WELL after introduction. Further, the daily system ITSELF was changed long after the initial form. What does that neon sign tell you?

Ergo, working as intended, stop asking for it to be changed because you simply dont like what shows up as a daily.

So you think people should bend over and take whatever’s thrown at them without speaking their mind because doing so will never change anything for the better, if at all? Not all complaints or opinions that are counter (or irrelevant) to yours are a waste of time. Unless you’ve never complained about anything, and have always accepted exactly what was served up, you’re stance is hypocritical. It’s one thing to state your opinion, it’s another to suggest that counter opinions be stifled because they might bother your preferred status quo.

True. However, there ARE dozens of other things that could easily be made into dailies to allow those who want to stick with PvE and don’t want to do fractals for whatever reason, to do so.

Frankly, there should be a separate dungeons/fractals daily set, anyway. The AP cap’s there, so it doesn’t matter much outside the potential for some players who like all types of content to get a little bit more reward each day. More power to ‘em, if they have the time and interest to go for the extras. It’d also allow those who really like dungeon-running more than other pursuits to get their dailies done in their favorite environment. It won’t hurt my PvE-centric preferences, it won’t hurt someone else’s PvP- or WvW-centric preferences. Instead, it would just make more players enjoy the time spent. Looks like a win-win, to me.

IndigoSundown.5419

Comfort zones, learn to get out of them. That’s the point of dailies.

So it would seem, now. That changed as of December 16. For the 2.3 years prior, the point of dailies was to get players to log in and play regularly. I can certainly see why players who enjoyed the old system dislike the new.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So it would seem, now. That changed as of December 16. For the 2.3 years prior, the point of dailies was to get players to log in and play regularly. I can certainly see why players who enjoyed the old system dislike the new.

That is what log-in rewards are for. The problem is that people don’t see that the old daily has gotten easier and allows more freedom – by turning into the log-in rewards. The new dailies are a different thing entirely.

If they’d named the log-in rewards ‘dailies’ and called the new dailies ‘Zaishen quests’ (or whatever), we wouldn’t have nearly so many complaints about them.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Double fractal is nice for people trying to make Mawdrey or to get ascended rings. Can’t think of any other good reason for it. Not really bothered by it since I usually do at least one WvW daily anyway.

Posted by: Ark.6839

Ark.6839

The idea is to pick which dailies you do. You CAN finish your dailies without going into fractals, so the logic you mentioned is flawed.

Both WvW and SPvP players can easily do their dailies always without dipping into PvE. Why PvE players should be encouraged to move to PvP for their dailies? There’s a double standard here at play.

What if I only play PvP but none of the classes I play show up? “Easily” might not be the word you’re looking for there. ANet gave you plenty of options to finish your dailies, use them.

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

I’m gonna post my controversial opinion here…. but i love double daily fractals – i give an internal squeak every time i see “Daily Fractal” and “Daily 1-10 Fractal” pop up at the same time.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I know its a topic that keeps coming up, but there is no reason double daily fractal should be coded anymore. I don’t mind doing a fractal for my daily, but for Kitten sake we don’t need to be required to do both a fractal and level based fractal for a daily
(Especially a high level one) cut specific levels fractal and just leave the daily fractal please.

Because you have other dailies you can complete. You arent forced to do dailies, and you certainly arent forced to do fractals which you may or may not even be properly geared for.

It’s a non-issue for the majority, so it aint being changed. If you dont like it, just search custom arenas for open arenas advertising slackerpvp to finish your daily. Others do.

First to make things clear, i do my dailys in all groups, so i never have a problem with them, with that said, i can still understand that there is people in this game not wanting to do any sort of pvp/wvw because it simply is not their thing. Do i think they miss out on the game? Totally, but i can still respect the fact that they only want to do pve. And adding 2 fractals daily in to the pve dailys is actually pretty mean, and reduces the possibility to finish them for a big amount of people, such as people who level, people who don’t have gear enough, people who don’t manage fractal (regardless of how easy the rest of is think they are). There is only 5 to pick from and if two are fractals and one is completing 3, then that day is a no daily for many players.

What i don’t get here, is why they don’t add a dungeon group daily instead. Like do a story/explorer of your like so that a lot more people will get the chance to get their daily done. Still a-net get people to explore the game outside of the open world, and people from lvl 30 and higher regardless of gear are able to do that instead of a second fractal daily.
Why favor the fractals and forget about dungeons. So many people are scared to do them because they come from other mmos’ and think they will get their head ripped off if they are not gods inside. The dungeons are so easy that you get them done in 10 min with a decent group, and i laugh at the people demanding gear check since my group will be done before they even find the people wanting the gear check that is not needed. (and yeah i do run zerker in dungeons, but i don’t demand others to do so)

So remove the double fractals and add a story/explorer-dungeon daily instead. This way people can choose either fractals or dungeon and most will get the daily done.

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I agree it’s kind of silly to have 2 of them in the PvE category. Regardless people should just do WvW or PvP to finish it if they don’t like/can’t do fractals. And if you can’t handle any type of PvP you might want to work on your issues before trying to play an MMO where 2 out of the 3 gameplay categories are competitive.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Demonzu.4215

Demonzu.4215

As others have said… you will just have to deal with missing a daily if you can’t stand doing simple WvW tasks or one quick PvP match to top off your daily. You shouldn’t be able to get 10 AP for waypointing to a vista and harvesting a few nodes every day.

Posted by: Squishy.3694

Squishy.3694

There are 3 distinct game types in GW2. If you don’t like this that or the other which is plaguing your favourite, there are other dailies in other game modes. For those saying “Oh I can’t bear PvP or WvW i just want to finish my daily in PvE” or w/e, bottom line is, if you want the 10AP or rewards then you have to try out other parts of the game. There are even EZ mode servers in PvP for those that really can’t be bothered.
/Thread

Quaggan finds your post inaccurate, wrong, misinformed, smelly and not as
good as Quaggan. Quaggan for President!

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

I actually like these dailies. I kinda wish they’d give more rewards for them to offset the general badness of fractal rewards. For me and my friends we usually only do fractals when its a daily.

I wish there would be rewarding dailies from time to time for typically skipped dungeon paths.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Top 5 answers

1. Because they think the players here will somehow shame you into
doing content you don’t enjoy.
2. Because they think forcing you into fractals will make you want to play WvW and
PvP. (yeah, unbelievable)
3. Because they don’t know how many of us are not doing our dailies every time this
happens.
4. Because they don’t want our money spent in the gem shop.
5. Because they believe you can be forced, and you can. (but where?)

If nothing else, it’s so much easier than making fractals more enjoyable content and it gives us a chance every 10 days or so to check out other games.
(yeah, unbelievable)

It’s the ONLY daily PvE content REQUIRING a group. That is the issue they don’t want to deal with, and why the WvW and PvP players post here. Your fodder and they want more fodder in their favorite game area.

There should be 4 daily’s in each category; easy, medium, hard, and enhanced reward harder. Reward the people more for doing what you want instead of penalizing some for not doing it. That is incentive.

IndigoSundown.5419

That is what log-in rewards are for. The problem is that people don’t see that the old daily has gotten easier and allows more freedom – by turning into the log-in rewards. The new dailies are a different thing entirely.

If they’d named the log-in rewards ‘dailies’ and called the new dailies ‘Zaishen quests’ (or whatever), we wouldn’t have nearly so many complaints about them.

Not quite, the log in rewards encourage you to log in, then log out. Also, the AP are still on the dailies. It’s also a matter of fun. The old dailies required more time, but provided a little boost to the game’s poor reward systems. Shifting most of those rewards to login left the new daily with just AP and whatever is in the little chests.

Most of the new tasks, I don’t enjoy. Essentially, what the split is between supporters and detractors of the new dailies is whether the player enjoys them.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Of things to complain about this is extremely low on my list

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…