Why no /inspect ?

Why no /inspect ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I honestly don’t understand, why this discussion is even still going on.

/inspect does not ever allow you to judge, if someone belongs in your party or not. Period.

The best gear does not mean, the person will play right. Just forget about it. We are already at a point in game, where most people doing FotM have 25+ AR just from doing it a lot. Or dungeon people have full exotic sets just from doing it a lot. They could still not be good players. It happens to me every single day I use pugs. Which is why I barely do that anymore, unless I don’t care how fast and clean we get through something.

Just forget about this stupid /inspect. It won’t help you. It’ll only allow people to copy other peoples looks and builds. Thats the ONLY thing it will reliably do. And I say no thanks to that.

Why no /inspect ?

Firefly.5982

To the people who are against inspect : you are already getting kicked from my runs, why are you so vehement against a feature that would let me state it clearly before we enter the instance, rather than kick you mid run ? It’s not that difficult to spot terribad players during runs. It’s usually not for the stability active when you see a warrior with a Dolyak signet unless we’re doing lupicus. A warrior with axe offhand, a war with sword main hand, any of these will get kicked during the run, no need for a full gear check.
If I’m seeing these pathetic 1K heal appear on me I’ll know something is going wrong and someone is running shout heal. Booted.
If I see you do 100 blades and watch the mob bar go down by very little compared to my own autoattacking or even a whirlwind, I’ll know something is going wrong.

Inspect would just allow me to kick you sooner. Both of us will waste less time. Because trust me, if there is another likeminded person in the group, consider yourself booted mid run.

This is exactly the kind of thinking I am talking about. I can just shake my head. I am perfectly geared, I run a good build (the one everyone wants from me as a mesmer in FotM and dungeons lol), I don’t get kicked from groups and yes, I get annoyed plenty by bad players in my speedruns or high lvl FotM – yet I still don’t want /inspect.

Why? Because of what I just wrote above your post. If you want certain people in your group, put that into the LFG tool?! Or play with people you know.

/inspect will NOT tell you what you need to know, even though you still seem to believe that -shrugs-

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Everyone plays to have fun, everyone.

There are some folks that are mean, don’t play with them.

There are many folks who are not mean, play with them.

Some people at a different spot on the min/maxer spectrum then you have fun by playing a more “math based” build, and playing with others close to the same spot in that spectrum. If you don’t like to play that way then don’t.

Telling a min/maxer they can’t have a parser or inspect or other math tools is like telling a roleplayer they can’t make their character look different from everyone else.

Mean peoples will be mean without tools, all mean peoples need is to type, or better yet voicechat.

Min/maxer does not equal mean peoples. Anyone can be a mean peoples.

Hey! This is a very thoughtful and insightful post. I consider myself a min/maxer / math oriented player, and i hate being told “what tools shouldn’t be allowed because it would foster elitism.”

It is the nature of bad-mannered players that you will obviously hear from them. In fact, they will go out of their way to make themselves heard.

What you don’t hear from is respectable, kind players, like myself, who prefer a style of gameplay based around rigid numbers and actual in-game calculations, but also keep to themselves and don’t force it on to others. I enjoy seeing MY skill progress in the game. I will help others but i don’t care if your stat choices don’t make sense. It is the fundamental nature of this type of player, who keeps to themselves, that you don’t hear their side.

Bad mannered jerk players will always exist, and currently thrive in this game without tools you people argue against. To object to an inspect feature out of fear of “elitists” is futile, because “elitists” don’t need an inspect feature to deny you, they will come up with some subjective, unfounded reason, like “necros suck.”

and personally, if someone inspects me and criticizes my gearing decisions, i should either 1) second-guess my gearing choices—maybe something about my gear could be improved to my actual benefit, or 2) have the friggin self-confidence to stand up to bullies and defend my gearing choices.

Why no /inspect ?

Firefly.5982

I still disagree. Don’t get me wrong, I do plenty of runs, where I expect to be done as fast and clean as possible! Sometimes I feel like just playing for fun and don’t care, sometimes I go with guildies who have never done it and need help, that kind of stuff. But yeah, if you want to do fast and clean and can’t, because of people in your party, then it sucks. I get that.

But. Having people link their gear before the run is just as fast as looking through it with a /inspect. It’s the same thing. And if they don’t want to link, you already know, what’s going on. Make it a requirement in your LFG post “Link gear when invited to party or get insta kicked”. If you want certain builds, make it a requirement in your LFG post “LF 3 zerker warriors only” etc.

If you want to be elitist, you can do that right now just as well as you would with /inspect. Probably even faster, because for /inspect you’d have to stand next to them, whereas people can link their gear no matter what location, server, overflow etc.

I will say one thing: I have done many LFGs saying “Experienced lvl 80s with XXX class and build only.” and still got people with the right gear, that mid run turned out to be useless. Knowing what they were running didn’t save me from their utter incompetence at playing the content. Which is why I still stick with my judgement of /inspect being useless. Even though I know, you will stick with wanting it in game.

No matter if more people want or don’t want it – this game is mostly casual and /inspect is for elitists, so I do not think it will be implemented.

Why no /inspect ?

Firefly.5982

Actually. I just thought of something.
How about a /inspect, that allows you to stats only? I’d be down for that. I cherish my unique looks and don’t want a /inspect, that tells you the names of skins someone is wearing.

I wouldn’t mind a /inspect, that only shows the stats of the armor and the total stats that appear on the right side of the character window (total power etc.)

I still don’t think it would be of any use XD But I woudln’t care if they implemented it that way -shrugs-

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

We’re against /inspect because, while our build may be effective and our gear adequate (Exotic gear isn’t a ‘must’ for regular dungeons), you’ll get the elitists barring people from groups because builds don’t tie in with what they believe is the ‘right’ spec.

Then don’t roll with the “elitists” and get your own groups. Merciful Kormir, this isn’t rocket science.

Back atcha! If you want to check out other people’s gear so badly get your own groups that show you what you want to see beforehand, and don’t run with scrubs! Merciful Kormir, this isn’t rocket science!

Thankfully, Kormir has chosen to side with those who prefer /inspect not be in the game. Balthazar is another story.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

/inspect will NOT tell you what you need to know, even though you still seem to believe that -shrugs-

Inspect lets you know half of it. Not all players who run berserker are good at the game. But all players who run soldier gear suck. So you’re weeding a lot of these quickly. You can still kick the bad berserker build players mid run if they aren’t up to standards skill wise. But the fact is, being able to completely weed off anyone who cannot handle it is already a good starting point and time saver.
As for running with friends… I would only run with friends and guildies if I could help it. But it’s not like everyone in guild or friendlist are available for a particular dungeon at a particular time. If I can get one or two friends/guildies though, rest assured that the pugs taken will be selectively taken and I won’t allow the type of stuff I have to tolerate when I join fully pugged groups, like the people in this screenshot (I had the decency to censor the names but you’ll spot what is going wrong quickly on this screen) :
http://i.imgur.com/Th8hmkF.jpg

Banner regen, banner of defense and tactics rather than Discipline and Strength, condition warrior with sword, PVT or magic find leeches, dolyak signet, no one is using any food except for my mesmer and the other mesmer of the group. Not to mention some people are ranging alpha (what the screenshot doesn’t show is that they never used the expected line of sight.).

It took us 10 jump during the destroyer part in path 3 for us to take down the destroyer. Not because we fell into the lava (we actually didn’t, despite doing that 10 times) but because the whole group was running the worst builds you could imagine and the level of damage was so pathetic you could bore the boss to death.
My guild and friendlist runs will kill that destroyer in path 3 on the first jump.

I don’t want to have to tolerate that kind of terrible runs.

Simple fact, if you were any good you would be able to handle running berserker. So while there are plenty of terrible berserker players who’d join my groups and get booted mid run, inspect would allow me to weed half of the baddies before the run even starts.

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

If you want certain thing from the teammates, state it in LFG or ask that in chat before run. You have absolutely no right to boot anyone unless they didn’t meet what you stated. If you said zerker war in LFG and they were wearing those, even if they brought all sort of “wrong” banners, you have no right to kick them.

You expect a guardian to bring some reflect in fractal, ASK!
You think the run would be better if they bring other skills, ASK!
You think that player should be more careful to where they are stepping, ASK!

>You can still kick the bad berserker build players mid run if they aren’t up to standards skill wise.
There is no “skill standard”. Standard by whom? Why do you think you have the right of defining the “standard”?

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

There really is no such thing as a vastly superior build in GW2 – but people think there is.

Prove it.

Countless posts by idiots that think Orr was made harder recently.
A thread recently where the OP noted a faceplanted thief commenting that the still alive player who finished the fight had too much toughness…
- these are the trends we see from zerker idiots.

They think they have the one true build to rule them all, but end up dead and unable to solo normal content – so blame Anet and others for the failure of their foolishness.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Why no /inspect ?

Kichwas.7152

To the people who are against inspect : you are already getting kicked from my runs, why are you so vehement against a feature that would let me state it clearly before we enter the instance, rather than kick you mid run ? It’s not that difficult to spot terribad players during runs.

Pretty much anyone who uses the word “terribad” ends up on my ignore list. So thanks for letting me know of someone I need to add to that when I get online tonight.

Your attitude about the whole issue is pretty much why such a tool would be a bad idea.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Inspect lets you know half of it. Not all players who run berserker are good at the game. But all players who run soldier gear suck. So you’re weeding a lot of these quickly. You can still kick the bad berserker build players mid run if they aren’t up to standards skill wise. But the fact is, being able to completely weed off anyone who cannot handle it is already a good starting point and time saver.
As for running with friends… I would only run with friends and guildies if I could help it. But it’s not like everyone in guild or friendlist are available for a particular dungeon at a particular time. If I can get one or two friends/guildies though, rest assured that the pugs taken will be selectively taken and I won’t allow the type of stuff I have to tolerate when I join fully pugged groups, like the people in this screenshot (I had the decency to censor the names but you’ll spot what is going wrong quickly on this screen) :
http://i.imgur.com/Th8hmkF.jpg

Banner regen, banner of defense and tactics rather than Discipline and Strength, condition warrior with sword, PVT or magic find leeches, dolyak signet, no one is using any food except for my mesmer and the other mesmer of the group. Not to mention some people are ranging alpha (what the screenshot doesn’t show is that they never used the expected line of sight.).

It took us 10 jump during the destroyer part in path 3 for us to take down the destroyer. Not because we fell into the lava (we actually didn’t, despite doing that 10 times) but because the whole group was running the worst builds you could imagine and the level of damage was so pathetic you could bore the boss to death.
My guild and friendlist runs will kill that destroyer in path 3 on the first jump.

I don’t want to have to tolerate that kind of terrible runs.

Simple fact, if you were any good you would be able to handle running berserker. So while there are plenty of terrible berserker players who’d join my groups and get booted mid run, inspect would allow me to weed half of the baddies before the run even starts.

Horrible, absolutely horrible.

If you want certain thing from the teammates, state it in LFG or ask that in chat before run. You have absolutely no right to boot anyone unless they didn’t meet what you stated. If you said zerker war in LFG and they were wearing those, even if they brought all sort of “wrong” banners, you have no right to kick them.

You expect a guardian to bring some reflect in fractal, ASK!
You think the run would be better if they bring other skills, ASK!
You think that player should be more careful to where they are stepping, ASK!

>You can still kick the bad berserker build players mid run if they aren’t up to standards skill wise.
There is no “skill standard”. Standard by whom? Why do you think you have the right of defining the “standard”?

Like specifically asking for someone with good damage and then getting shout-heal Hammer Warrior with Vit/Prec/Heal gear?
If you are fine with “elitist” parties then what’s the issue with providing necessary tools?

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Like specifically asking for someone with good damage and then getting shout-heal Hammer Warrior with Vit/Prec/Heal gear?
If you are fine with “elitist” parties then what’s the issue with providing necessary tools?

There are a couple of reasons.

1) Generally, elitists aren’t as good or as smart as they think they are.

2) An inspect tool encourages elitist parties, which, while tolerated, should never be encouraged.

3) An inspect tool discourages build diversity. Everyone will gravitate toward a couple of builds that the elitist consider acceptable. (See 1)

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Why no /inspect ?

Wethospu.6437

2) An inspect tool encourages elitist parties, which, while tolerated, should never be encouraged.

3) An inspect tool discourages build diversity. Everyone will gravitate toward a couple of builds that the elitist consider acceptable. (See 1)

And why do you care? It’s their group.
Why must every group be exactly like you want?

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

2) An inspect tool encourages elitist parties, which while tolerated should never be encouraged.

Inspect tool doesn’t encourage “elitist” parties. It is just conventional wisdom that only “elitists” will use /inspect. God forbid i don’t have every armor/weapon skin in this game memorized, and i would like to see what someone is using without bothering them.

I’m going to open a PTSD clinic for people who have been abused by elitists. “Please, have a seat and tell me how the elitist usurped your keyboard and forced you to play his way.”

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What annoys me about requests for an inspect tool is the following.

I see lots of complaint on these forums by people annoyed by gear-based selection for runs, about speed runs, about any other selective criteria. Every time the people setting those criteria tell those people, “Join a guild, set up a friends’ list that thinks like you do.” In other words, don’t PuG.

However, the people setting the criteria want to be able to PuG. They want to be able to do so with as little inconvenience as possible. They even want the inspect feature added so they can kick faster. It’s all about their convenience, and the answer to complaints about their behavior devolve down to, “Put in extra effort to avoid us.”

I say, if you want the convenience of running with the like-minded, take the advice you offer those who complain about your behavior. Don’t PuG.

Why no /inspect ?

Wethospu.6437

Everyone can make their own group. It’s not rocket science.

Why no /inspect ?

TooBz.3065

Don’t turn this around. You are the ones saying that every group has to be they way you want it. And you want to impose an inspect function so that you can ensure that there is no variation from the “ideal.”

In my opinion, elitist are bad for the game and bad for the community. It’s antisocial. I feel sorry for any new player you encounters an elitist dungeon runner on their first run. I’m sure they don’t have a good time.

If you PUG then you roll the dice and take your chances. If you don’t want to PUG join / form a guild, set the criteria to require zerker warriors and zerker mesmers, kick anyone from the guild that doesn’t measure up to whatever arbitrary standard you set. Run with them.

But if you PUG, then realize you are selecting from a group of people who all want to run the dungeon but have a variety of skill levels, knowledge of the dungeon, and different builds.

Why no /inspect ?

Wethospu.6437

Don’t turn this around. You are the ones saying that every group has to be they way you want it. And you want to impose an inspect function so that you can ensure that there is no variation from the “ideal.”

In my opinion, elitist are bad for the game and bad for the community. It’s antisocial. I feel sorry for any new player you encounters an elitist dungeon runner on their first run. I’m sure they don’t have a good time.

If you PUG then you roll the dice and take your chances. If you don’t want to PUG join / form a guild, set the criteria to require zerker warriors and zerker mesmers, kick anyone from the guild that doesn’t measure up to whatever arbitrary standard you set. Run with them.

But if you PUG, then realize you are selecting from a group of people who all want to run the dungeon but have a variety of skill levels, knowledge of the dungeon, and different builds.

Umm, no. We only care about our own group.

Why no /inspect ?

Firefly.5982

How about a LFG feature, that only allows players to /join your group, when they have the stat combo on their gear, that you previously determined in the LFG tool setting? Now THAT would solve all problems, nobody could even join a group unless they fit the exact requirements.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Inspect tool doesn’t encourage “elitist” parties. It is just conventional wisdom that only “elitists” will use /inspect. God forbid i don’t have every armor/weapon skin in this game memorized, and i would like to see what someone is using without bothering them.

I’d had this thought as well; however if I know class and gender, I can easily go look up armors. There are numerous armor galleries on the webz for GW2 these days. Even in mix-and-match sets, you can generally determine what they are wearing (with the shoes or gloves possibly being an exception, depending on pants and coat hiding them)

I’m going to open a PTSD clinic for people who have been abused by elitists. “Please, have a seat and tell me how the elitist usurped your keyboard and forced you to play his way.”

Then:
“GLF 300+ T2, T3, E/Mo to go”
“GLF 100b only”
“GLF Panic Me, Imbagon, and 2 r8 Glaive, rits only”
“Sorry, you don’t have enough stones” -booted-
“Ping your skillbar…..” -booted-
“Ping your armor….” -booted-
“Why aren’t you running x?” -booted-

Now:
“GLF 100b only”
“GLF Me only”
“GLF G and W”
“Why aren’t you running x?” -booted-
“Ping your armor….” -booted-
“Why don’t you have x in y trait and z skill” -booted-

Some things never change….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Why no /inspect ?

TooBz.3065

So form a group and leave the rest of us alone.

Why no /inspect ?

TooBz.3065

How about a LFG feature, that only allows players to /join your group, when they have the stat combo on their gear, that you previously determined in the LFG tool setting? Now THAT would solve all problems, nobody could even join a group unless they fit the exact requirements.

This is a good idea.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

To the people who are against inspect : you are already getting kicked from my runs, why are you so vehement against a feature that would let me state it clearly before we enter the instance, rather than kick you mid run ? It’s not that difficult to spot terribad players during runs. It’s usually not for the stability active when you see a warrior with a Dolyak signet unless we’re doing lupicus. A warrior with axe offhand, a war with sword main hand, any of these will get kicked during the run, no need for a full gear check.
If I’m seeing these pathetic 1K heal appear on me I’ll know something is going wrong and someone is running shout heal. Booted.
If I see you do 100 blades and watch the mob bar go down by very little compared to my own autoattacking or even a whirlwind, I’ll know something is going wrong.

Inspect would just allow me to kick you sooner. Both of us will waste less time. Because trust me, if there is another likeminded person in the group, consider yourself booted mid run.

I have been trying to say this on topic like this before but they still don’t get it. You will be kicked from the group eventually if the group is not doing good (40+ fotm)
And yea, we can tell who is worse in party.
Also if that tropic bird spawns (ffs when going full MF at least be smart to put 5+1 runes) or superior sigil of luck = insta kick.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

LOL! This thread is almost as good as the other 3 about the same thing.
I have a suggestion, why don’t the devs simply make a “hard core” server?
They can put in /inspect, open world PvP, mounts, housing, and all the other things that “every MMO has”. After all, it’s so obvious that so many players just do not like this game and want it to be like “every other MMO” out there, they may as well give it to them. Of course, there should be a nice hefty fee to transfer to the new server, say something like $59.95 , and it should be a one time, one way transfer so that once the unhappy players are all there, they can simply spin it off in to a separate game, they can call it “World of Guild Wars”! ;-)

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Why do people feel the need to see everything?

I have no good words for those who require “berserker/exotic/ascended ping gear” when doing runs. It is a game not some kitten heart surgery where you need everything and everyone perfect.

I only read this far before I had a reply to say. Two counter arguments.

1. People are already doing that without the inspect option. There is no evidence that adding it will increase and/or decrease this.

2. I was trying to help a member of my guild improve his gear 2 days ago. He speaks a different language and english is his second language. It made working with him a bit more difficult, but I remained patient as I helped him gear up. However, it would have been much more convenient had I been able to inspect his gear throughout, so that I could provide advice about gear/sigils/runes/accessories etc without asking him to ping everything and wait forever due to the ESL.

Why no /inspect ?

Wethospu.6437

Hmm, are you even aware how teaming up works in this game?

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

They can put in /inspect, open world PvP, mounts, housing, and all the other things that “every MMO has”. After all, it’s so obvious that so many players just do not like this game and want it to be like “every other MMO” out there, they may as well give it to them. Of course, there should be a nice hefty fee to transfer to the new server, say something like $59.95 , and it should be a one time, one way transfer so that once the unhappy players are all there, they can simply spin it off in to a separate game, they can call it “World of Guild Wars”! ;-)

Cause that server would be full very fast (by all the guys that left game)
And this is turning to be just like another MMO minus some key features. (in wow you camp bosses just like players camp events now (didn’t play wow, what i heard), mini pets really? is that what makes this game so different, so perfect, some pink cat that goes mauauuauawuwua?, is not balancing PvE what makes this so different from others?)

Why no /inspect ?

Kichwas.7152

Isn’t it funny? Those againt /inspect are so offensive in their posts.

Well, to a great many the suggestion – adding a non-consensual inspect to the game, is an offensive change at the heart of reasons why they left other MMOs. So you should not be surprised to face such strongly voiced opposition.

Why no /inspect ?

TooBz.3065

Hmm, are you even aware how teaming up works in this game?

Hmmm. Yes, are you?

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Inspect lets you know half of it.

Aye, the useless half.

So the question is… why didn’t you run that with your guildies/friends? o.o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

Well, to a great many the suggestion – adding a non-consensual inspect to the game, is an offensive change at the heart of reasons why they left other MMOs. So you should not be surprised to face such strongly voiced opposition.

They will get used to it, just like they got used to gear treadmill, guild missions for big guilds and so.

Why no /inspect ?

Kichwas.7152

I’m a rebellious kitten and will not be dictated, I will wear what I want.. Enough said.. Have a good day.

Good luck finding groups, good sir. I know for sure you will not be welcome in mine.

Fine. He/she will be in my group

Mine as well. I seek people looking to tread off the path and be original. This is a game that excells in letting folks find their best path.

Why no /inspect ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

And this is turning to be just like another MMO minus some key features. (in wow you camp bosses just like players camp events now (didn’t play wow, what i heard), mini pets really? is that what makes this game so different, so perfect, some pink cat that goes mauauuauawuwua?, is not balancing PvE what makes this so different from others?)

Don’t believe everything you heard. I played WoW and even run my own WoW server, it’s several steps down from GW and there is really no comparing the 2. It’s like trying to compare Unreal Tournament to Call of Duty.
BTW, WoW also has mini pets, as do a very large number of other online games, both old and new. It’s one of the things players kept asking for because “every other MMO has them”. See how that works there? Players kept asking for them, the devs put them in, and then players complain about them. There is just no pleasing some players no matter what you do. It’s like the old song, “you can’t please everyone so you’ve got to please yourself” and the devs are doing just that.

Why no /inspect ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

They will get used to it, just like they got used to gear treadmill, guild missions for big guilds and so.

Players did not “get used to it”. They left, just like you pointed out yourself in your earlier post.

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

Don’t believe everything you heard. I played WoW and even run my own WoW server, it’s several steps down from GW and there is really no comparing the 2. It’s like trying to compare Unreal Tournament to Call of Duty.
BTW, WoW also has mini pets, as do a very large number of other online games, both old and new. It’s one of the things players kept asking for because “every other MMO has them”. See how that works there? Players kept asking for them, the devs put them in, and then players complain about them. There is just no pleasing some players no matter what you do. It’s like the old song, “you can’t please everyone so you’ve got to please yourself” and the devs are doing just that.

Unreal Tournament 2004 was one of the best FPS games i played, CoD after first Modern Warfare gets boring fast, i mean FPS games don’t need some stupid achievements and leveling.
Back to the topic, i don’t care what wow has or has not, i didn’t play it, but if so called “casuals” (that probably play twice as i) say things like raiding is for 1% of wow playerbase, there is nothing to do except gear grind and so, what is 99% of wow players doing? Just cause wow has something (inspect, class balancing) doesn’t mean it’s something evil.

Why no /inspect ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Unreal Tournament 2004 was one of the best FPS games i played, CoD after first Modern Warfare gets boring fast, i mean FPS games don’t need some stupid achievements and leveling.
Back to the topic, i don’t care what wow has or has not, i didn’t play it, but if so called “casuals” (that probably play twice as i) say things like raiding is for 1% of wow playerbase, there is nothing to do except gear grind and so, what is 99% of wow players doing? Just cause wow has something (inspect, class balancing) doesn’t mean it’s something evil.

No one said just because WoW had it that it was evil. But the players who want to bring every feature in WoW to GW don’t seem to get that they are 2 different games designed for 2 different player bases. It gets old pretty fast when every other day someone new makes a post and complains that since some other game has a feature, it needs to be in GW as well since all other games have it, it’s a standard, there are no REAL MMO games that do not have it, etc. If these “features” mean so much to them, there are plenty of games out there that they can get their fix from. There are many of us who play GW simply because it does NOT have those features that “all other MMOs have”. Why should we keep quit while the complainers attempt to turn the game we like to play, in to some twisted copy of everything else that is out there already? It boggles the mind, if these other games are so great and have such great features, why are they even here?

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

No one said just because WoW had it that it was evil. But the players who want to bring every feature in WoW to GW don’t seem to get that they are 2 different games designed for 2 different player bases. It gets old pretty fast when every other day someone new makes a post and complains that since some other game has a feature, it needs to be in GW as well since all other games have it, it’s a standard, there are no REAL MMO games that do not have it, etc. If these “features” mean so much to them, there are plenty of games out there that they can get their fix from. There are many of us who play GW simply because it does NOT have those features that “all other MMOs have”. Why should we keep quit while the complainers attempt to turn the game we like to play, in to some twisted copy of everything else that is out there already? It boggles the mind, if these other games are so great and have such great features, why are they even here?

That is why less and less people is here, so good luck not having features that every other MMO has and still having heavy grind, magic find gear, DR on farm, stealth loot nerfs, RNG cash shop, bugged/broken dungeons, no PvE class balance and most important real balancing.

Why no /inspect ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

So the question is… why didn’t you run that with your guildies/friends? o.o

They aren’t always available. Are you an idiot? you sure seems like it.

I think he asked an honest question, while you could only resort to a personal attack as an answer. You where the one bragging about how good your friends and guildmates are after all.

That question was inane. Why would someone chose to run with people they don’t know over the ones they already know ? the answer is so obvious that asking the question is offensive in itself.

This wasn’t an honest question, and if it was, that guy obviously has some issues with logic.

There was nothing wrong with the question at all, only your interpretation of it. There have been other players who have said they specifically like to play with new players they don’t know because they like meeting new people, and teaching newbies how to get through the different dungeons is “fun”. There have also been players who have said their friends no longer wanted to grind through the same areas as they did any longer and have moved on to bigger things. There could have been several reasons. Instead of calling names, you could have simply said they are not always on. Shorter more accurate answer on your part without making any assumptions about what others do or do not know about how you and your friends play.

Why no /inspect ?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

That is why less and less people is here, so good luck not having features that every other MMO has and still having heavy grind, magic find gear, DR on farm, stealth loot nerfs, RNG cash shop, bugged/broken dungeons, no PvE class balance and most important real balancing.

Your making assumptions as to why other players have stopped playing without having any real information to back it up.

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

Your making assumptions as to why other players have stopped playing without having any real information to back it up.

Allmost all my friends left cause of it, i can link you forums about MMO games from my and country in regions saying this over and over again, people get tired when they do things like stealth loot nerf + preventing to play something challenging, giving you only 2 options as endgame then – CoF grinding and even boring open world event that gives carrot grinding.
And not to start with pvp……..

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I wish I could inspect my guildies so I could help them with their builds more easily. Without one, whenever they ask for build help, they have to ping a dozen items and write a veritable couple paragraphs to communicate their traits and things.

Having an inspect feature in PvE would no more foster elitism than what we already have. Mean people require you to ping your stuff or you’re kicked, don’t play with them. Limiting players from being able to inspect just on account of the bad people that will be there anyway is terrible.

They should absolutely carry the inspect from PvP over to PvE.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Why no /inspect ?

Jemmi.6058

And you are generalizing that the majority of the playerbase is here because GW2 does not have these features.

Personally, I am playing GW2 for a few reasons.
1. I loved GW1 and wanted to continue to the story.
2. It is the best non-subscription MMO out there
3. I love the graphics!
4. I love the gameplay of action combat

That said I have these issues
1. No healer class (miss monk)
2. No LFG tool that transfers me to a random dungeon with a random party
3. Very little gear progression
4. No ability to inspect other peoples equipment (for the reasons of helping them, improving my own gear and finding the names of items I like the appearance of)
5. No henchmen to allow me to rock group content when I cannot find a group

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I wish I could inspect my guildies so I could help them with their builds more easily. Without one, whenever they ask for build help, they have to ping a dozen items and write a veritable couple paragraphs to communicate their traits and things.

Having an inspect feature in PvE would no more foster elitism than what we already have. Mean people require you to ping your stuff or you’re kicked, don’t play with them. Limiting players from being able to inspect just on account of the bad people that will be there anyway is terrible.

It’s not that we don’t like this on account of bad people. It’s just that the presence of a /inspect would FOSTER people to be critical of other people, whether or not they perceive them to be good builds or bad.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Why no /inspect ?

Kichwas.7152

What gear teadmill? And what do guild missions have to do with this – those are more varied content and thus a good change.

But this is not something to get used to. It, like a dungeon group auto-assembly tool, or an actual gear grind… those are things to object to vehemently and which many would leave over.

Once you start adding those, just rename the game WoW 2.0 …
GW2 succeeded where other new MMOs failed because it did NOT copy WoW on this stuff.

WoW already does it, if you want it, go there. This MO is for the rest of us.

Why no /inspect ?

Jemmi.6058

It’s not that we don’t like this on account of bad people. It’s just that the presence of a /inspect would FOSTER people to be critical of other people, whether or not they perceive them to be good builds or bad.

Except you have 0 evidence to prove that. This game is already more elitist than any other game I have played in. I played WoW too, and never felt the same sort of pressure to have one build or play-style forced upon me. Having inspect and damage meters allowed me to improve myself by watching other people and using these tools. Here, I have to resort to the forums to learn how to play the game.

It feels like we are punishing everyone, because some people previously had bad experiences with it. It’d be like saying no one is allowed to drive in this city, because a few people were in car accidents in that city a few states over.

Why no /inspect ?

Sovta.4719

What gear teadmill? And what do guild missions have to do with this – those are more varied content and thus a good change.

But this is not something to get used to. It, like a dungeon group auto-assembly tool, or an actual gear grind… those are things to object to vehemently and which many would leave over.

Once you start adding those, just rename the game WoW 2.0 …
GW2 succeeded where other new MMOs failed because it did NOT copy WoW on this stuff.

WoW already does it, if you want it, go there. This MO is for the rest of us.

What gear treadmill? Do this EVERY day to get laurels for ONE piece of new gear, ever 2-3 months new piece. I’m talking about small guilds not getting to play some guild missions or it takes them to much time to unlock, trust me a lot small guilds left cause of this, it’s a fact not assumption.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Personally, if someone can handle the additional pressure on them because they opted for an offensive/magic find build instead of berserker/form, I don’t give a flying kitten. Regardless of gear, you’re going to explode like cannon fodder if you don’t know your class, role or skills very well. That’s more important to me than whether or not this person is in full exotic berserker or not.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I disagree. It doesn’t encourage you to do anything, it just gives you more information. If people would use inspect as a means to prejudice against other players, then they are going to prejudice against players regardless. If people offer you build advice or whatever based on your being inspected, you can, like always, take the advice or tell them that you’re happy with what you have. If they are critical of other people, they would be critical of those people anyway without this feature.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Nobody will ever win this argument and everyone is as offensive as each other. There will always be a divide in every single thing that an mmo brings to the table, and always has been. Every single suggestion on here is met with both criticism and praise no matter what it is, but really it’s up to ANet to decide what direction they want the game to go in. Most mmo’s go downhill when they listen to the community so I actually would go so far as to say it’s better if they just did what they want. As has been said, can’t please everyone.

WoW is not an evil game and I really liked it when I played it. The issue came about when I stopped playing for 8 or so months and came back to the game. Now if I did that in GW2 there wouldn’t be such an issue, I wouldn’t be up to date in the living story and a lot would have changed but I should be able to just jump straight back into content and I think this is how they designed it to begin with.

When I “attempted” to get back into WoW I never got an invite to anything because I didn’t have the achievement or gear score necessary. The funny thing was, I never got any chance to obtain gear to enhance my gear score but still got criticised for it. WoW probably started off a lot like GW because these tools like recount and gear score were set up as mods and were not part of the game at all. I haven’t played WoW in a very long time but I would take a guess and say it’s exactly the same if not worse.

Every game I have heard of that has introduced a gear inspect system and a DPS measuring system has succumb to extreme elitism by a handful of players, which ultimately ruins any kind of casual gameplay in the majority of dungeon runs etc. This is why I feel, even if it might not lead to this, the risk is too big for a game a lot of people enjoy for it’s laid back nature. I don’t think GW2 would benefit at all from this only to satisfy the minority of players and make it convenient for them to judge others.

Given the direction the game seems to be taking and the whole direction it started off with I highly doubt an inspect feature will ever be implemented, and if it does, not for years yet. This whole thread is getting completely pointless and I’m surprised with the amount of arguments that it hasn’t been closed yet. I guess ANet are probably using it for entertainment! It’s impossible to tell what will happen but certain trends seem to scream out that it could be disastrous for them to follow in WoW’s footsteps with this game, and i personally am amazed at how many people want this game to be like WoW. You wouldn’t buy Halo and expect it to be CoD… well you might but that would be silly, as is the case here.

Why no /inspect ?

Kichwas.7152

Don’t believe everything you heard. I played WoW and even run my own WoW server,

As you say don’t believe everything you read…

But it is still unwise to claim you are breaking IP law on a game’s forum – even a competitor’s.

Why no /inspect ?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Even when you state it clearly, people will lie or won’t even understand the requirements (and I’ve personally known magic find leeches who had the same set of armor skin with both MF stats and another set with zerk). I’ve even seen it in CoF (which is the only dungeon with a good, solid, consistent ping gear attitude) with warriors thinking that bringing Valkyrie stuff is okay.

If they brought something other than what you stated then fine, kick all you want. But I can’t agree with kicking “bad” berserker war mid run.

Not at level 48. If I’m running a low level fractal I’m okay with teaching new players. At level 38 and 48 if you’re not doing things the right way you’re getting the boot rather quickly, because it shows that you spent 30+ levels without even trying to learn and this is exactly the type of player that has NO business running high level fractals. Being kicked during the run will teach them if it happens with a high frequency to them.

Sorry. I still don’t agree. If no one ever tell the player to bring reflects and simply just kick them, how will one ever learn that? They only know they got kicked by no reason, maybe they think you’re kicking and selling their seats, maybe it’s the weapon, maybe it’s some skills, but they’ll never learn from being kicked.

The entitlement is strong in this one. You’re talking about rights when it comes to being part of my group. It is my group, and I have the power to kick, you don’t have “rights”. If you keep being dead weight for the group you’ll be replaced by someone who is not dead weight.

There is no such thing as “your” group. There is no “leader” in GW2 party system.

I still stand there should be no /inspect. I don’t even want to mention the reason of kick. If people can just know who is holding the party back without /inspect, why is it even needed? If they can’t even tell the different of berzerker & soldier, /inspect won’t help the group neither.