Why not add Duel.

Why not add Duel.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Oh no! don’t add dueling because of the bad attitudes people MAY bring!

Exactly and that is one reason people don’t want open world dueling if you read over all these threads. You can’t even control yourself from throwing insults in a thread about dueling. Now imagine you and those with the same mindset as you in the open world if dueling were an option. No thanks.

If there were a dueling option I’d be fight people that would want to fight and wouldn’t give a kitten about anyone else. All of you just need to grow a pair tbh, bad attitude is gonna be everywhere, it’s already in PvE with people hating living story, whiners about the champ train, people who kick others mid-dungeon for their friends.

Sounds like the PvE community is already full of trolls.

Why not add Duel.

Kaizer.7135

All the reasons people are listing that oppose dueling being added are some of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

And your comment is supposed to support open world dueling how?

You are not doing much for your cause with statements such as that.

I’ve listed many reasons as to why it should be added in different threads regarding dueling, I don’t care to repeat them since all the anti-dueling people ignore them.

All the reasons people are listing that oppose dueling being added are some of the dumbest things I’ve ever read.

Yeah PvE needs people like you with that attitude trolling around. If you are going to support open world dueling perhaps you should not use insults to support your cause. It is that very attitude that people don’t want to see spill into PvE.

Perfect example of the kind of player we do not want to have to deal with. When I mentioned the “community” that would make dueling a bad idea, THIS is what I was talking about.

And you’re a perfect example as to why this game never improves, shooting down ideas before they’re even tested. Dueling is already being done and it’s a positive, fun experience. What does adding a convenient dueling mechanic take away from the game exactly?

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Neesam.1957

Neesam.1957

Anet haven’t figured out how to get it in the gemshop yet.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

And your comment is supposed to support open world dueling how?

You are not doing much for your cause with statements such as that.

I’ve listed many reasons as to why it should be added in different threads regarding dueling, I don’t care to repeat them since all the anti-dueling people ignore them.

Yeah PvE needs people like you with that attitude trolling around. If you are going to support open world dueling perhaps you should not use insults to support your cause. It is that very attitude that people don’t want to see spill into PvE.

Perfect example of the kind of player we do not want to have to deal with. When I mentioned the “community” that would make dueling a bad idea, THIS is what I was talking about.

And you’re a perfect example as to why this game never improves, shooting down ideas before they’re even tested. Dueling is already being done and it’s a positive, fun experience. What does adding a convenient dueling mechanic take away from the game exactly?

The “idea” has been tested in many games. It fails in almost all of them. There are very few where dueling works. Mechanics have been suggested so both sides could still enjoy the game, and rejected by the dueling players one after the other. The players who support dueling want what they want when and where they want it regardless of how it impacts other players. The pure definition of selfish. As to your other comments, read below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-not-add-Duel/3505906

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The pure definition of selfish.

I’m pretty sure that, “I don’t like X so you can’t have it even if I would not be forced to participate in it if it were implemented,” fits that definition as well.

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

The pure definition of selfish.

I’m pretty sure that, “I don’t like X so you can’t have it even if I would not be forced to participate in it if it were implemented,” fits that definition as well.

No one said you can’t have it and “not being forced to participate” has absolutely nothing to do with it, so you can stop trying to hide behind that excuse, it’s getting old and only shows that you have not even bothered to read any of the replies here or in the many other discussions. We have made suggestions on several different compromises which your lot have rejected. With the majority of the duelers, it’s their way or nothing. It’s time for them to make their own suggestions that would suit everyone instead of just themselves.

For a quick recap:
Duels in Guild Halls when added – rejected, they want open world.
Instances – rejected, they want open world.
Arenas – rejected, they want open world.
Separate areas set aside – rejected, they want open world.
WvW – rejected, they want open world.
sPvP – rejected, they want open world.

There are many other suggestions that have been made, all rejected. The players who do not want dueling in open world have tried to come up with a solution all could live with. Your lot have come up with nothing. Now who is being selfish?

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

No one said you can’t have it

“It,” in this case is open world dueling. You sure that no one is saying that those desiring, “it,” shouldn’t have it ?

and “not being forced to participate” has absolutely nothing to do with it, so you can stop trying to hide behind that excuse, it’s getting old and only shows that you have not even bothered to read any of the replies here or in the many other discussions.

Have read them all. To a large extent they are full of people saying that they don’t like X so others can’t have X.

We have made suggestions on several different compromises which your lot have rejected. With the majority of the duelers, it’s their way or nothing. It’s time for them to make their own suggestions that would suit everyone instead of just themselves.

For a quick recap:
Duels in Guild Halls when added – rejected, they want open world.
Instances – rejected, they want open world.
Arenas – rejected, they want open world.
Separate areas set aside – rejected, they want open world.
WvW – rejected, they want open world.
sPvP – rejected, they want open world.

There are many other suggestions that have been made, all rejected. The players who do not want dueling in open world have tried to come up with a solution all could live with.

You complain that duelists are saying their way or nothing when your list is your way or nothing. By the way, compromise does not mean that the other side of the dispute does not get anything of what they want (open world dueling) while you get your desire (no open world dueling). Your list includes not a single suggestion that would suit everyone instead of yourself and yet the duelists are expected to do what you have not ?

Your lot have come up with nothing.

This is false.

Now who is being selfish?

Well, I would say that those attempting to tell others that they should not be allowed to play as they desire in the open world are the ones being selfish. You are the one arguing for exclusion, not the duelists. Mandated segregation is far from selfless.

Why not add Duel.

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Snipped as irrelevant.

OK, then where is YOUR suggestion besides open world or nothing? It’s amazing how you seem to like to make arguments, that can just as easily point out how unreasonable you are as well. So you have said it yourself, you want open world dueling and that is all you want, nothing more will do. If that is your only option, then I vote no dueling at all and will fight tooth and nail to stop the devs from adding it in.
usually when someone says “give me what I want and nothing else will do”, they get nothing. I am done with this thread, everything that needs to be said has been said in this and all of the other threads as well. The majority do not want open world dueling.

End -Of – Story.

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

As I PvEer myself I can without any hesitation say that the most obnoxious, “leet-speaking,” trash talking, rude, chat spamming players I have ever encountered in an online game have been other PvEers.

I would not likely ever use a duel feature if it were implemented. I can count on one hand the number of open world duels in which I have participated in another game I have played for the last four and half years. But I hope that you duelists can get this feature added for your enjoyment. I hope that PvPers would not oppose the addition of new dungeons because so many participating in this sort of PvE content are obnoxious, elitist, jerks.

This post is probably one of the most unbiased and truthful one in this thread; I agree with you. I cannot begin to count how many times people trash talk, flame, and be a general kitten in dungeons, most notably Fractals and Arah. All my friends only run with each other or people they know instead of pugging, so you know there’s an issue here. That is the nature of players, regardless of any game be it PvE or PvP.

I’m not going to deny I’ve run into toxic players in WvW, usually inviting you to party after you stomped them to send you a flurry of insults. I’ve made many friends, even from other servers, from dueling alone where we come to respect each other, and share build commentaries and experiences. It’s a great feeling to roam around a BL, meet an enemy and engage in a duel that lasts forever, then invite each other to party and thank the other for a good fight.

Why not add Duel.

Kaizer.7135

Snipped as irrelevant.

OK, then where is YOUR suggestion besides open world or nothing? It’s amazing how you seem to like to make arguments, that can just as easily point out how unreasonable you are as well. So you have said it yourself, you want open world dueling and that is all you want, nothing more will do. If that is your only option, then I vote no dueling at all and will fight tooth and nail to stop the devs from adding it in.
usually when someone says “give me what I want and nothing else will do”, they get nothing. I am done with this thread, everything that needs to be said has been said in this and all of the other threads as well. The majority do not want open world dueling.

End -Of – Story.

We’re being unreasonable? Wow hahaha

You don’t want dueling because of “player attitude” when there’s already loads of forums on how terrible the PvE community already is. You say the inclusion of Dueling would impact other players but never explain how so.

We want a dueling mechanic for convenience, we don’t like going through loads of servers to find one where -hopefully- no one will join (and 1600gems for a private server? hell no), we want to fight our friends and guildies with the gear that we worked for, for fun and for boasting rights. TO HAVE FUN basically, yet we have people like you that say “NOPE screw your fun, you can’t have it because well……ummmm, well you just can’t have it!”

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Dueling? Ha, I’m not sure the devs want to spend several weeks trying to put that in and deal with all the future complaints it WILL bring.

Devona’s Rest

Why not add Duel.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The only reason why I would oppose duelling is because then we will never have seperate balance between pvp and pve (like gw1 used to have) I’m still hoping GW2 will have this someday (some skills/traits already have).

But if PvE balance would not be changed for the sake of duelling, I don’t mind.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors