Will open world PVP servers be considered?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Exactly!
Pvp on the Main Map, The World map is Open World Pvp!
WvW is not an Owpvp cause it IS an Instance Pvp similar to sPvp.
I’m really amazed that tons of GW2 players cant see the difference at all.

Because the only meaningful difference i see is that open world PvP has casuals in it – people that participate in PvP only as victims.
I understand that gankers want to have a herd of victims around, instead of only going at prepared targets. I understand it, but see no reason why GW2 should cater to that mentality.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

Well, I miss world pvp badly, lovely ganking and griefing, what can be better?

And that’s exactly the reason it will never, ever, be implemented.

Having guesting available, you are not required to go to an Open PvP server, so why can’t this be considered?

I seriously do not understand why a lot of players HATE the idea of dueling or open PvP, and don’t compare WvW to Open PvP because they are NOT the same.

you wanna know why people, including myself, hate it that much? because there will be ALWAYS kitten that go in low lvl areas and kill the low lvl twinks/mains. then these twinks have to log into their main character and kick the kitten of this motherkittener. and its pretty sure that he will lose to the main because if he would be good enough he wouldn’t kill low lvl chararacters.

thats the reason its hated. its a kittenign time-waste for the twinks that get killed and have to log onto the main character. open-pvp is not for duels or something. its for annoying other people. and people like you know that because everyone who shouts for the open-pvp will do exactly what i described before. the rest of the pvp’ers goes into the sPvP because they want challenge and not that kiddie kitten

(edited by Nanashi.6297)

in PvP

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

How can you be a victim if in the process of rolling your character in a PvP server, you where aware of the rule set in that server?
You know what we used to do to people that went in to the Barrens to gank low levels? We killed them and then camped them ourselves.
I’ve got very limited experience with MMO’s, I’ve only played GW1 / WoW / GW2, but in at least those 2 last ones there was this wonderful thing called Map Chat, where you could ask your fellow faction members for help if there was someone or a group of someones determined to harass you. Or maybe you could use that other wonderful function called Guild Chat to summon willing allies to help you with your fight.
If I go into a pit full of crocodiles I can’t reasonably complain afterwards that the crocodile bit me when my back was turned, entering that pit I am aware that crocodiles do bite.
As for the question of fairness… There is no fairness and there never will be… MMO’s aren’t balanced with 1vs1 in mind. As a mesmer in GW1 I was virtually unkillable if I knew before hand what class I was playing against.
Likewise in GW2 some classes fare a lot better against other classes…
If you roll on a PvP server you accept the fact that you are going to win some battles and are going to lose some as well. That’s what it makes it interesting!

in PvP

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Having guesting available, you are not required to go to an Open PvP server, so why can’t this be considered?

I seriously do not understand why a lot of players HATE the idea of dueling or open PvP, and don’t compare WvW to Open PvP because they are NOT the same.

1 guy speaks about how he loves to grief people and gank, and that is why people hate this. People hate it because its no PvP, its unequal cyber bullying and people are affraid you want to make servers into this awful system where you get received by an army of 80+ gankers when your just weak and new to the game.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Personally I love ganking and griefing, it kept me busy and happy for 7-8 years of WoW. Howver, as this game is designed it will not work or have any meaning. I miss it sure, but I also like the way this works. If I want to go gank and grief there is always the EB JP or WvW in general.

Create a character with either passive 25% speed or perma swiftness and roam your kitten off and kill stragglers.

This isnt WoW, its not designed with 2 factions and contested zones. DaoC had 3 factions, but you had no need for open w-pvp ther either, you had the frontier where you could roam.

The only solution imo is the following.

When they add an expansion, make some WvW based leveling zones, with hearts, events and pvp. However, make PvE zone counter parts to those zones aswell i.e 2 different zones of the same level range.

This would let people that wants to level in PvP zones able to do so and people that want to avoid it do so. Bonus with the PvP zone to make up for the risk would be to reward PvP tokens of whatever type they plan on sticking to.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How can you be a victim if in the process of rolling your character in a PvP server, you where aware of the rule set in that server?
You know what we used to do to people that went in to the Barrens to gank low levels? We killed them and then camped them ourselves.
I’ve got very limited experience with MMO’s, I’ve only played GW1 / WoW / GW2, but in at least those 2 last ones there was this wonderful thing called Map Chat, where you could ask your fellow faction members for help if there was someone or a group of someones determined to harass you. Or maybe you could use that other wonderful function called Guild Chat to summon willing allies to help you with your fight.
If I go into a pit full of crocodiles I can’t reasonably complain afterwards that the crocodile bit me when my back was turned, entering that pit I am aware that crocodiles do bite.
As for the question of fairness… There is no fairness and there never will be… MMO’s aren’t balanced with 1vs1 in mind. As a mesmer in GW1 I was virtually unkillable if I knew before hand what class I was playing against.
Likewise in GW2 some classes fare a lot better against other classes…
If you roll on a PvP server you accept the fact that you are going to win some battles and are going to lose some as well. That’s what it makes it interesting!

Since this is GW2 we are talking about, which factions are you referring to?

While I agree that if there were such a server, no one would be forced to roll on it. Obviously, though, some people not cut out for it would try it out, get gibbed and then complain on the forums.

This still doesn’t change that implementing this option would take dev time and effort away from other things. For that reason alone, do not want.

in PvP

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Anet said they consider WvW as GW2’s world pvp.
World ganking (wrongly referred as world “pvp”) is not present in GW2 and will not be.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

one neat thing they could do in my opinion, is create a special “pvp world” that you could guest on, but not transfer or start on

these worlds would have open pvp similar to the one found in wvw, however, you’d be able to attack everyone on the world, not just people from other servers

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: JZAB.2563

JZAB.2563

I could maybe see this in an expansion on another content like Cantha. Perhaps make all the playable races there hostile towards the tyrians, or you could another Kurzick/luxon thing for part of the map.

As long as PVE’ers are left alone then im cool with it

in PvP

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Okay! So in response to those claiming open world PvP is what the majority wants, heres some actual data. This is the WoW server populations as of right now and it does not look good in your favour…

Normal (PvE World + Instanced PvP)
New Players (Lowest): 1
Low: 0
Medium: 96
High: 9
Full: 2
TOTAL: 108

PvP (Open World PvP + Instanced Pvp)
New Players (Lowest): 1
Low: 47
Medium: 35
High: 8
Full: 4
TOTAL: 95

So not only are there more PvE servers than PvP servers, but a notable number of the PvE servers have a higher population than PvP; while there are obviously still a good number of PvP players, the PvE players very much outnumber them.

Just to assign a little metric to them, if you assume a new/low pop server is worth 1, medium 2, high 3 and full 4 points, you’d get:

PvE: 1 + 192 + 27 + 8 = 228
PvP: 48 + 70 + 24 + 16 = 158

So, do tell me about the majority wanting open world PvP again :>

How does this not look good in my favor? It looks fantastic, 40% is a substantial number thank you for backing me up. This means Arena net is losing out on 40% of the market. I’m also sure if you retest the #s at different times PVP is higher then PVE. I do not understand how you are justifying this because I’m asking for separate PVP servers to be opened not forcing all PVE players to convert.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

in PvP

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

To those who say the WvW is the PvP challenge: To the majority, It is running with a zerg, spamming 1 and hope an enemy zerg is not hidden in culling on top of you.

Don’t mean to be rude and single you out, I know alot of others say this stuff too. But as far as I am concerned, only a bad player would say that.

in PvP

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

I really, really wish they were.

They would instill a great sense of racial pride and make areas in the world more memorable.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in PvP

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

/sigh another one who never seem to understand the difference between Open World Pvp and WvW. Scroll up please or just read the cut & paste explanation below from my previous post…

To those who dont understand the difference between WvW & Open World Pvp.
Lemme explain…
WvW is an Instance Pvp. Similar to sPvP only on a Huge Scale.

Yes, that’ why you have PvE scaling on all of your abilities, and your racials, and your time spent in PvE provides you with rewards which can be used in WvW. Oh, and the WvW map is just as large as any other area in the game. If it isn’t open world PvP because the map is ‘instanced’, there can be no open world PvP because every single area in GW2 is instanced! Logic…

Anyone could pop out (out of combat) and hop back to the Main World anytime.
And live happily ever after.

Open World Pvp is in the Main World itself where Pvp (Player vs Player) could happen at any place, at any time. And there is no way you could pop out to another World.
So either Fight or Run Run RUN!!!
Just an example of an Open World Pvp.

And anyone will be able to pop out of GankPvP and guest on another server, or just log out and play a different game. And there is nothing you can do in the open world you can’t do in WvW except heart tasks, and you are ‘in danger’ the entire time, just like a GankPvP server.

Still cant see the picture? Play those mmos with Pvp Servers and you will see the difference.

I have, which brings up the point- you didn’t even address (or have the guts to acknowledge…) the largest issue I stated, that PKer PvP will damage the community as it always does. Nothing to add on that point?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in PvP

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I -STILL- don’t see why WvW isn’t open world PVP.

It’s basically flagging yourself in an open PVE world. Complete with “PVP Dungeons,” Bosses, Skill Points, Gathering Nodes, Crafting, ect. The ONLY difference between WvW and a “real” open world PVP is that everyone is about the same stat wise.

Stop complaining and que for WvW.

Remove Arrow Carts, Cannons, Ballistas, Trebuchets etc from WvW
Also, make it so we can bash doors/walls down with our Swords/Hammers or even Staves.
Then you’ll see the difference between Open World PvP and WvW.

Basically, if you dont have siege in WvW, even if you have a group of 100 people, you are not so much as taking down a tower(or it will take you a long long long long long time before you bash that door down with your swords instead of using rams).
Thus a solo player without siege is not doing “much”.

Open World PvP would be maybe similar to WvW without Siege and “easy to break” doors. Admittedly still having towers/keeps as “safe spots” for your teams that the enemy would need to break(by hitting it, not using “Toys”) to get to you.

1. Remove those broken Toys.
2. Make Towers/Keeps reasonably breakable by regular weapons
3. Points scored per kill, not by ownership of structures in the map
4. No armor repairs
5. Display enemy names

Note: I like the game the way it is, I like WvW the way it is too, I dont really care if there is or there isnt Open World PvP in this game, im just stating why you cant really “open world pvp” in WvW, the difference being “Toys” and questionable usefulness of killing players instead of capping, as well as not knowing who you just owned/who just owned you.

PS: I love Arrow Carts, Ballistas and Cannons.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

in PvP

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Exactly!
Pvp on the Main Map, The World map is Open World Pvp!
WvW is not an Owpvp cause it IS an Instance Pvp similar to sPvp.
I’m really amazed that tons of GW2 players cant see the difference at all.

Because the only meaningful difference i see is that open world PvP has casuals in it – people that participate in PvP only as victims.
I understand that gankers want to have a herd of victims around, instead of only going at prepared targets. I understand it, but see no reason why GW2 should cater to that mentality.

LOL well said.

in PvP

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I love this debate, seeing the pro-pvp folks come in, some true to form admitting they just want it for the griefing, others trying to make excuses and cover for it. WV s there, the only reason anyone else wants open-world, non consentual PVP, period, is to grief and gank other players. Pure and simple.

Lol. But that will never happen here in GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

Personally I love ganking and griefing, it kept me busy and happy for 7-8 years of WoW. Howver, as this game is designed it will not work or have any meaning. I miss it sure, but I also like the way this works. If I want to go gank and grief there is always the EB JP or WvW in general.

Create a character with either passive 25% speed or perma swiftness and roam your kitten off and kill stragglers.

This isnt WoW, its not designed with 2 factions and contested zones. DaoC had 3 factions, but you had no need for open w-pvp ther either, you had the frontier where you could roam.

The only solution imo is the following.

When they add an expansion, make some WvW based leveling zones, with hearts, events and pvp. However, make PvE zone counter parts to those zones aswell i.e 2 different zones of the same level range.

This would let people that wants to level in PvP zones able to do so and people that want to avoid it do so. Bonus with the PvP zone to make up for the risk would be to reward PvP tokens of whatever type they plan on sticking to.

Like you I too also love to gank and grief players. Sadly what I find is that some people who say they love FFA love world pvp and that ganking is part of that so sad day for you for rolling on a pvp server. I fine that those same person who beveled that after dealing with me they suddenly have a change of heart not always but sometime. Pretty sure some of them even report me saying that I’m harassing them, imagine that. Now all the suddenly world pvp has become a harassment in there point of view….. I guess any reasonable person would have a change of heart to after being grief for hours sometime even days. Just to be fair even though I was on a pvp server I don’t shoot first I let Han shoot first then its grief time. Am I not merciful.

in PvP

CrazyDuck.4610

I love this debate, seeing the pro-pvp folks come in, some true to form admitting they just want it for the griefing, others trying to make excuses and cover for it. WV s there, the only reason anyone else wants open-world, non consentual PVP, period, is to grief and gank other players. Pure and simple.

Lol. But that will never happen here in GW2.

Again, you wouldn’t have to join the PVP servers so you would be just fine and cozy in your PVE server.

YouWish – Guard

in PvP

CrazyDuck.4610

Kaizer you are welcome to join the non PVP servers, enough said.

YouWish – Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Every game that has open world PvP as its main feature has a absolutly HORRIBLE community, for that reason alone i never want it in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Aramyre.7083

Aramyre.7083

It would only be a bit different than WvW. Ganking and griefing? Not on the maps in guild wars where everybody scales(well it’s possible, but in a lesser extent than on other MMOs). You have an advantage when you are 80 for sure but with the scaling you just need to gather some other lower levels and you can defend yourself easily.

I do not think this has a place in guild wars, but if they would do it , it would still be the most ‘safe’ form of open world pvp for lower levels due to the scaling. Because of said scaling I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t really want it either. I rather have them work out WvW some more.

in PvP

Posted by: Mark.1753

Mark.1753

Three things to say about this.
Number one how would this even work when all playable races fight on same side were all allies.
Number two the only people that ever want this are people who like to sit in low level areas as top level character and just ruin the day of others trying to level.
Number three and the most important world vs world is exactly what you want its a big open world were you get to kill any one you want and they will be trying to do the same back.

in PvP

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Well, I miss world pvp badly, lovely ganking and griefing, what can be better? The truth is that WwW just doesn’t cut it. And chances are that one would encounter a zerg rather than a duel style one on one. Plus open world pvp has a totally different flavor from what we have in WwW. It is more like you do whatever you do in game but there is also that tension of encountering a hostile player which elevates it to a different dimension. To think of it it is exactly what makes this great game blunt and boring. There is no excitement. Dragon slaying is just so meh, give me players to grief and its totally different game.
And even if we don’t have hostile races so what? make them. That whole Orrian thing, just turn whoever wishes into Orrians and there you go, and I bet there will be a lot of ppl willing to race change or turn into risen something or the other.
We badly need world pvp as well as mounts and other good things that WoW has.

This is not the game you are looking for…
Seriously, go play WoW or many of it’s clones if they have more of what you want. Nor every game needs to have everything that WoW has.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Like you I too also love to gank and grief players. Sadly what I find is that some people who say they love FFA love world pvp and that ganking is part of that so sad day for you for rolling on a pvp server. I fine that those same person who beveled that after dealing with me they suddenly have a change of heart not always but sometime. Pretty sure some of them even report me saying that I’m harassing them, imagine that. Now all the suddenly world pvp has become a harassment in there point of view….. I guess any reasonable person would have a change of heart to after being grief for hours sometime even days. Just to be fair even though I was on a pvp server I don’t shoot first I let Han shoot first then its grief time. Am I not merciful.

It used to happen back in WoW on several occasions that people tried to report me or my brother for herassment after ganking their kittens for hours on end. Several times you got cross faction tells, calling us this and that, things that we could easily report them for as herassment, but didnt since it was too kitten hilarious.

We could spend days ganking, was fun when our gnome rogues were max level. Just camping Stromgarde Keep, TM or STV back in the day. Then with each coming expansion we found a new zone to “live” in.

Heck my brother even managed to gank one from his own faction back in classic. Some guy that was interrupting our crusader recipe grinding in the tower near Hearthglen. Guy rushed up pulled the elite, the elite MCs the poor fellow and my brother kills him during the MC. Most hilarious moment in WoW.

I would honestly love to see a full FFA server, only restriction would be guild affiliation i.e true guild wars. DaoC did it and it was a blast on Mordred.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

And that is why we have no Open PvP here. Thankfully.

Actions, not words.

in PvP

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Open world PvP promotes a different game atmosphere than what the Devs in this game want, and that’s why I think it’s unlikely that Guild Wars 2 will ever have it. The philosophy of this game is coordination and cooperation between players. Open world PvP fosters an us against them mentality. To put in open world PvP server, they would have to do a complete turn around of this game’s goals and what they promoted it as. Even WvW is designed to foster their goal of cooperation, as the opposing players there are nameless enemies who, except for having better skills, could be considered as NPCs.

Many people like the concept of open world PvP until it works against them. Then they come to the forums and post endless threads about their woes. Just read any other game forum, thread after thread complaining about ganking and griefing in open PvP.

As other people have said, there are numerous games out there with open PvP. If you need your ganking/griefing fix log into one of them. Why do you feel it’s necessary to turn this game into a clone of some other game? Let this one go its own path and let’s see where it takes us. I want to play Guild Wars 2 with cooperation ingame the game’s goal, not Guild Wars 2-clone of game X.

in PvP

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

No there won’t.

in PvP

Posted by: NoQ.8401

NoQ.8401

Some players, like myself, enjoy not just heading out questing againt A.I. npcs but out questing and keeping an eye on my surroundings just in case an enemy player comes by.

The thrill, danger and palm sweats is really desirable to some players. Nothing better than getting ganked while out questing then calling in your guild and friends to start a war. The pvp just adds a little more to the world content than events, poi and questing.

Who can’t remember flying into Tarren Mill only to find an all out war with the alliance at Southshore. kitten good times.

But I agree that there are games out there designed for this and GW2 isn’t one of them.

Proud Member of MOG Nation

in PvP

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

How would it make sense? There are no playable races or factions that want to kill each other at the moment. Nightmare Court, Sons of Svanir, Inquest, etc. have no interest in saving Tyria, not to mention you fight all these people in your personal story. So when you wonder if Anet is considering something like this I don’t know what heck you’re talking about.

I believe the Nightmare Court wants to save Tyria from the dragons. They just don’t want to do it under Ventari’s laws. Which still doesn’t change the fact that all the systems in the world right now support a cooperative game experience. Making the world PvP means rewriting and rebalancing all of those inter-related systems. That means it ain’t gonna happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

one neat thing they could do in my opinion, is create a special “pvp world” that you could guest on, but not transfer or start on

these worlds would have open pvp similar to the one found in wvw, however, you’d be able to attack everyone on the world, not just people from other servers

The mechanics of the world would have to be rewritten to change it from a cooperative game to a hostile game. Now when you realize that ANet wouldn’t even agree to an “official” RP server because they weren’t prepared to spend the resources to support it, exactly what are the odds they are going to actually redesign their game to allow for one, single official PvP server?

If the answer isn’t self-evident, I’ll give you a hint: ZZZZZZEROOOOOOO!!!!

Cooperative PvE. That’s this game. Other games do it differently and all power to them. No one is stopping anyone else from playing those games.

in PvP

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

I’d love an open world PVP server.

Why it’d be fun as hell :

• No pressure. No objectives, just relaxed good ol’ PVP.
  • Dueling!
  • Guild vs. Guild, even Guild’s on your own home server!
  • No zerging (atleast very minimal)
  • No zerging means no culling
  • No score keeping system
  • You can “guest” to the server, which means no strings attached. Just fun times.
  • You’re not separated by a barrier or a 3 server limiter. Sorry, but fighting the same servers week after week gets stale.
  • Larger maps, which means wondering fun!

But I doubt they would ever add it. WvW is full of zerging, I think an Open World PVP Server would take away from the WvW playerbase because let’s face it, Open World PVP would be more fun and relaxed. Meh, atleast in my opinion. I’d drop WvW like a hot box of rocks if they added an Open world PVP server.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

this would pretty much kill WvW’s population. and how will Guild vs Guild work when players can be in multiple guilds?

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

I’d love an open world PVP server.

Why it’d be fun as hell :

• No pressure. No objectives, just relaxed good ol’ PVP.

Yep. There’s nothing more calming than the knowledge that you can be ganked anytime.

• Guild vs. Guild, even Guild’s on your own home server!

What about people that belong to multiple guilds?

• No zerging (atleast very minimal)

…yeah, right. Because if you have a lot of friends, you will definitely NOT use the advantage that your numbers would give you.
And i can already see the zerg wars for the best farming spots and dungeon entrances ;P

Actions, not words.

in PvP

CrazyDuck.4610

Every game that has open world PvP as its main feature has a absolutly HORRIBLE community, for that reason alone i never want it in this game.

Yet WoW is the most successful still to this day, explain this. And knighthonor, I actually don’t agree with the multi guild thing not saying change it but it’s just my personal opinion, you can have everyone on server in every top guild makes no sense.

YouWish – Guard

in PvP

CrazyDuck.4610

The mechanics of the world would have to be rewritten to change it from a cooperative game to a hostile game. Now when you realize that ANet wouldn’t even agree to an “official” RP server because they weren’t prepared to spend the resources to support it, exactly what are the odds they are going to actually redesign their game to allow for one, single official PvP server?

If the answer isn’t self-evident, I’ll give you a hint: ZZZZZZEROOOOOOO!!!!

Cooperative PvE. That’s this game. Other games do it differently and all power to them. No one is stopping anyone else from playing those games.

Again, a single PVP server.. Really? Didn’t you read posts, PVP alone is 40% population on WoW and I have seen population over that at certain times, so by those standards we would need alot more than one. Why cut out half the customer base? That’s like telling mcdonalds, you should only sell in USA forget about the UK.

YouWish – Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I would like having a pvp server or two.

Neat thing is we have guesting, so you could just jump over and fiddle with it sometimes.

in PvP

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Again, a single PVP server.. Really? Didn’t you read posts,

Again…didn’t you read where they’d have to make another game to accomplish this?

PVP alone is 40% population on WoW and I have seen population over that at certain times, so by those standards we would need alot more than one. Why cut out half the customer base? That’s like telling mcdonalds, you should only sell in USA forget about the UK.

See above

If you like lame cheeseburgers, fine. If you went out to get a burger and entered KFC, you then could not ask for one…could you? Same thing here. No open world PvP here…sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Again, a single PVP server.. Really? Didn’t you read posts, PVP alone is 40% population on WoW and I have seen population over that at certain times, so by those standards we would need alot more than one. Why cut out half the customer base? That’s like telling mcdonalds, you should only sell in USA forget about the UK.

That’s a nice number, but in no way relevant to the demand for an open PvP server in this game.

Even if that were an accurate number, there’s no way of knowing how many of those people actually engage in open world PvP in a significant fashion. Hardly solid ground to warrant the inclusion of such a ruleset into this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I have to say, it would be REALLY awesome being able to PvP in the PvE world, or at least duel. I just find that the PvE maps are so much more beautiful, well-crafted and varied than the few WvW maps, that it really is a shame that we can’t do more in them. I really couldn’t care less about the roleplaying significance of the whole thing, but even so I’m sure they could come up with an at least a passable RP excuse for open world PvP.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in PvP

Gestankfaust.4216

No! to dueling. I don’t need another reason to block players. If they made an arena…fine. Stay away from my home city

in PvP

Posted by: Barzah.8019

Barzah.8019

I am avid pvpers, i do kill a lot of ppl in many open game MMORPG. After playing GW2 for a long time, i think i have an answer for this question

Do Open PvP can be applied on GW2
Hell no, you simply can’t, there’s no way Open PvP can be applied on Current pve map. The map already designed to be one sided, adding open pvp feature will screw the whole structure. Plus there is no “Alliance/Horde, Rep/Empire” faction in here so….na’ah.

Is there any solution to apply open PvP on GW2
In matter of fact there is, i spend a looong time meditating on WvWvW and i found the system are quite solid, need a lot of teamwork, enemy name are hidden to prevent personal issues. I think they able to put these concept on the new map and make it pve oriented .

Insert the same system as wvwvw, make it less competitive (no base rapping), make it pve oriented (like killing the giant dude, scavenging event, etc). There you go, a brand new open pve map.

in PvP

Gestankfaust.4216

I am avid pvpers, i do kill a lot of ppl in many open game MMORPG. After playing GW2 for a long time, i think i have an answer for this question

Do Open PvP can be applied on GW2
Hell no, you simply can’t, there’s no way Open PvP can be applied on Current pve map. The map already designed to be one sided, adding open pvp feature will screw the whole structure. Plus there is no “Alliance/Horde, Rep/Empire” faction in here so….na’ah.

Is there any solution to apply open PvP on GW2
In matter of fact there is, i spend a looong time meditating on WvWvW and i found the system are quite solid, need a lot of teamwork, enemy name are hidden to prevent personal issues. I think they able to put these concept on the new map and make it pve oriented .

Insert the same system as wvwvw, make it less competitive (no base rapping), make it pve oriented (like killing the giant dude, scavenging event, etc). There you go, a brand new open pve map.

agree…kinda….but not the same as what’s being asked. They really could make great maps/areas for more PvP. But they cannot take the world (PvE) as a whole and make an open world PvP server.

People should stop even asking

in PvP

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Basically, in order to have open world PvP at all you need to build your world around it – the designated safe zones, hostility flags, and virtually always dedicated faction alliances that make certain areas virtual safe zones even when not explicitly so.

A.Net has decided it is not worth the effort and design restrictions to put open world PvP in their game, and I agree with them – we’ve seen very clearly that in order for world PvP to be successful at all, it needs to be extremely limited in impact, and what’s the point of putting a ton of effort into a feature that has to be low impact?

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

• Place 3 rich ori nodes and 5 regular ones in Southsun cove
  • Turn it into a shared zone between all servers in each WvW tier
  • Watch the fun
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in PvP

Gestankfaust.4216

• Place 3 rich ori nodes and 5 regular ones in Southsun cove
  • Turn it into a shared zone between all servers in each WvW tier
  • Watch the fun

This could work…I mean, if it could work

:D

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

Lol, i guess moving the topic to sPvP is an answer. It is not considered an PvE option.

Actions, not words.

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

I would love to see this!!!!

I’d even love to see the mists become a PK zone outside of the main hub (with vendors and stuff) to be honest!!!

in PvP

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I dont see this being lore appropriate, since the races are supposed to be working together. Now if they allowed for “evil story lines” playing like the seperatists and svanir inquest etc, but that would take soo long to make a story line that fits them and just doesn’t seem necessary.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in PvP

Posted by: Herio.2043

Herio.2043

Yea, I know, I’m kinda necroing now, but this was the first link on google I found about gw2 and open world pvp.

Now I’m thinking about it I miss the old times my guild mates called for help because they’ve been killed. And the choice of being a good or a bad guy. And making friends at the opposing factions. And yes, the feeling of being in danger all the time ofc… It all makes the game a lot more ‘alive’ from my perspective.

So yeah.. Maybe there could be a sort of pvp-mode implemented with a dynamic event to kill the pk-er? Shouldn’t be a problem with our dynamic level adjustment. Or there could be pvp servers, I’m sure there will be ppl playing on them. And yeah, ppl choose where to play by themselves, so NO, it won’t even affect our pve guys then.

(edited by Herio.2043)

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I would prefer to see PvE maps integrated into Edge of the Mists instead

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]