Will we ever get content which rewards SKILL!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Op does not really wants self challenge.. he wants his rewards. his trophy. his titles. his materialistic items that he can show off to everyone else, that he can gain advantage off.. for completing content that is made challenging.. in other words,. prestige of the elite!!,.. for others to drools upon..

Those r all nice to have except the gain advantage off items part. but i really enjoy difficult content, its fun exciting and feels good when u complete it. unless it took hours! is it wrong to want a game to be challenging? clearly u just want too play a easy mode game and not have to work hard for anything, unless sitting there for 7 hours straight spamming one zerging around the map is challenging too u.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

I gotta say Liadri made me happy. Very, very happy

Beast Sos.1457

I gotta say Liadri made me happy. Very, very happy

Yeah she was fun. Id like to see more group based content like that. she didnt have too much hp but it was a challenging fight which made it fun

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’d like to see some more difficult content in the game, but I’d have to say, “no.” If you take a quick peek at the Super Adventure Box sub-forum right now you’ll see why. Before you go in there though role up your pant legs so they don’t get tear stained.

The Devs seem to weigh heavily on forum opinion. Even though Josh he has been around long enough to know that a general opinion of the game should not be derrived from the forum, in the same thread he as much as says the a single thread confirm for him that the content was too difficult.

The average gamer today plays video games with the same attitude they would watch a movie. Passively. It is limited control over a playable movie more or less for them. They want entertainment, but entertainment for them should not include any sort of frustration or negative feeling.

The ‘Everyone is a winner.’ view and those who think otherwise are elistest has crept into the video game genre as it went mainstream.

It is not secret that some people are better playing and winning at games then others. There are also those who like challenge and those who don’t. One of the great things about an MMO is that they can have such a large variety of content that they can cater to both kinds of players.

For some reason however it is frowned upon to ask for content that others may not be able to complete, and heaven forbid you ask for rewards for completing said content that others may not be able to obtain.

I want content that has a chance to beat me. I’d like to be able to lose for once. Going into a dungeon I’d like to be unsure as to my success or fail. Too many people are to afraid to lose these days.

“Everyone’s a winner, everybody gets a prize!”

So no. Difficult gaming content is a dying breed. And because it doesn’t please most people that means it isn’t profitable. Which is the other side to the coin.

Beast Sos.1457

I’d like to see some more difficult content in the game, but I’d have to say, “no.” If you take a quick peek at the Super Adventure Box sub-forum right now you’ll see why. Before you go in there though role up your pant legs so they don’t get tear stained.

The Devs seem to weigh heavily on forum opinion. Even though Josh he has been around long enough to know that a general opinion of the game should not be derrived from the forum, in the same thread he as much as says the a single thread confirm for him that the content was too difficult.

The average gamer today plays video games with the same attitude they would watch a movie. Passively. It is limited control over a playable movie more or less for them. They want entertainment, but entertainment for them should not include any sort of frustration or negative feeling.

The ‘Everyone is a winner.’ view and those who think otherwise are elistest has crept into the video game genre as it went mainstream.

It is not secret that some people are better playing and winning at games then others. There are also those who like challenge and those who don’t. One of the great things about an MMO is that they can have such a large variety of content that they can cater to both kinds of players.

For some reason however it is frowned upon to ask for content that others may not be able to complete, and heaven forbid you ask for rewards for completing said content that others may not be able to obtain.

I want content that has a chance to beat me. I’d like to be able to lose for once. Going into a dungeon I’d like to be unsure as to my success or fail. Too many people are to afraid to lose these days.

“Everyone’s a winner, everybody gets a prize!”

So no. Difficult gaming content is a dying breed. And because it doesn’t please most people that means it isn’t profitable. Which is the other side to the coin.

What im asking here is for Anet to add content that rewards skill not time spent. i dont want them to start changing the whole game bc of this. there r still a bunch of ppl who enjoy the challenge of a hard instance and like u said gw2 being a MMO can have a huge variety of content so adding hard content once every few months wont make the easy mode lovers leave the game and this will also attract those ppl who enjoy hard core content and help the game grow even more. the asian release is soon also and alot of asian players like difficult skill based content.

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

If only it worked that way. How ever the people who like easy content feel they are entitled to complete all content. They don’t want to hear content isn’t made for them. That is ‘elitist’.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

To those that are nay-saying challenging content:

The Queen’s Gauntlet was a success.

No one is asking to remove casual/easy/simple content, but to simply pay credence to the fact that there are those looking for a challenge in the game and to provide something.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Huh, ya know, thinking back to older mmos and messahe boards, the arguments were pve never required skilled, only pvp. I mean, pve is facing a scripted creature. Big attack coming, press dodge now. Red circle, move now. Press 1,2,3,4,5 for best dps.

Heck, people who pvp will have more skill than anyone who pves. Whats harder than facing an opponent that thinks for itself?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If you want skillful content, why do you ask for:

• The trinity – The LEAST skillful method of playing any game ever
  • Required buff management – Entirely build dependent, no skill whatsoever
  • Voice chat – Completely unrelated, if you and your teammates cannot communicate well over whatever venue you have that’s your problem, and has nothing to do with any players skill level.

I agree that we do not have a lot skill-based content in this game. But half the problem is that players seem to think skill-based content is nonsensical things like assigned roles and stair step completion paths, while the developers seem to think skillful content is that which you have to muddle through memorizing in rote by trial and error, like Liadri and the SAB.

Neither are examples of skill, one is merely the ability to follow basic directions and the other the ability to memorize.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Beast Sos.1457

If only it worked that way. How ever the people who like easy content feel they are entitled to complete all content. They don’t want to hear content isn’t made for them. That is ‘elitist’.

The sad thing is it seems Anet agrees with them so far. life isnt fair so y should the game be? if ur not good at something u cant do it simple and easy. the way the game is right now is just grind for the nicest skins not do something challenging for them. that is not playing a game, its working in a game.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Well, they’re are still coming out with the SAB levels that will award red and purple skins a some point, maybe that will be challenging enough?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I was hoping we can get a answer here from Anet. i was wondering if we will ever get content which is really difficult ( need regen/protection etc, up 75% of the time, need support/tank/dps, need to be orginized and using a chat program) which will rewarded those who complete it with a rare item set which can we sold or used. i for one dont have time to play everyday but id like to think im a skilled player. with that said, even if im skilled in gw2, doesnt mean im going to be able to show it off. if something like this was added to the game, i would, and many other ppl, be able to make gold and gear out without having to put so many hours in the game but at the same time, its not like any group can actually do the content, it wont be farmed by too many ppl. i was expecting this from the exp dungeon before the game released but was up for a huge let down. hopefully we get something like this added to the game. if u want content like this reply with ur ideas and or show ur support!

You want difficult content go play Dark Souls… Because of players like you they take fun content and turn it into a pain in the kitten and no longer fun.. I play games for fun I could care less about the how freakin hard it is or the stupid challenge. I’m tired of you “oh look at me I’m a special snowflake” syndrome, we could care less what you got to shine your ego. If you are the only one to name yourself skilled then you are obviously not.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

skills in MMO? ROFL. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Beast Sos.1457

• Voice chat – Frankly this is just stupid, if you and your teammates cannot communicate well over whatever venue you have that’s your problem, and has nothing to do with skill.

gw2 has its own type of trinity which was suppose to be used from the start of the game, which no one uses bc there is no need to with dps being all u need with this easy mode content. buff management allows the boss to attack faster more often and make the fight alot more fun. i wouldnt call voice chat a requirement i was basically suggesting good communication skills, my mistake for miss stating that.

Beast Sos.1457

Well, they’re are still coming out with the SAB levels that will award red and purple skins a some point, maybe that will be challenging enough?

SAB is not my type of content, i bought gw2 not bc i wanted to play super mario looking kitten but bc i like the skilled based action combat in GW2. SAB is boring imho.

Conncept.7638

• Voice chat – Frankly this is just stupid, if you and your teammates cannot communicate well over whatever venue you have that’s your problem, and has nothing to do with skill.

gw2 has its own type of trinity which was suppose to be used from the start of the game, which no one uses bc there is no need to with dps being all u need with this easy mode content. buff management allows the boss to attack faster more often and make the fight alot more fun. i wouldnt call voice chat a requirement i was basically suggesting good communication skills, my mistake for miss stating that.

I would disagree, I think the idea behind GW2’s trinity was that there would be roles which could be used but wouldn’t necessarily be required. I can play a controller, or a tank, or even a healer and contribute to my group even now. Unfortunately the way it turned out is more like they will never be wanted, as there is nothing they can do to help that more DPS won’t solve better. You don’t need to out-heal, control, or tank a dead enemy.

Beast Sos.1457

I would disagree, I think the idea behind GW2’s trinity was that there would be roles which could be used but wouldn’t necessarily be required. I can play a controller, or a tank, or even a healer and contribute to my group. Unfortunately the way it turned out is more like they will never be wanted because there is nothing they can do to help that more DPS won’t solve better. You don’t need to heal, control, or tank a dead enemy.

The thing alot of ppl dont know if that Anet made their exp dungeons “hard” they werent suppose to be so easy. with that said, they didnt know that dps was going to control the game in terms of dungeons and pve in general. the game was meant so u would need a support in a party but its not like they r just there to spam support skills, they can also contribute with dmg and agro. same with all other types of roles.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I don’t understand why people keep saying support and control aren’t needed in dungeons, without it you actually make things much harder for yourselves. Chaining blinds, reflects, LoSing, pushing mobs together, putting up aegis, boon removal, condition cleansing, might stacking, fury stacking, this is all support.

But just because you can’t camp at the back looking at HP bars and spamming heals means you think support isn’t needed when experienced dungeon groups make use of support traits and skills by the truckload.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t understand why people keep saying support and control aren’t needed in dungeons, without it you actually make things much harder for yourselves. Chaining blinds, reflects, LoSing, pushing mobs together, putting up aegis, boon removal, condition cleansing, might stacking, fury stacking, this is all support.

But just because you can’t camp at the back looking at HP bars and spamming heals means you think support isn’t needed when experienced dungeon groups make use of support traits and skills by the truckload.

Bingo. The dungeon content is fine, the rewards are not. Add new and desirable things to the token vendors, or have end bosses rarely drop weapon/armor skins that actually are appealing and desirable — but that aren’t gated by once-a-day, etc. And adjust the gold rewards to more accurately reflect path difficulty.

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Some games reward based on skill and some games reward on time spent. This game is a time spent one.

With the last few patches adding time-gated crafted gear progression that depends on farming/grinding rather than having skill / organized combat based rewards it’s pretty clear they prefer time-gated grindy content over rewarding organized game play. This is a direction right now that will probably remain prevalent for some time.

I do not think they need to out-right add full blown raids but extremely difficult small scale combat that is as rewarding as time-gated crafting based progression at least in terms of some guaranteed rewards of a certain level should be an alternative for people.

This exactly.

Rewarding content could content that “requires” you to do these on some level to get past certain areas and provide a level of progression that is competitive with time-gated options. Right now most mechanics can be ignored and you can get by not doing any of the above. Adding that level of difficulty should be trivial for ANet with current systems in place even with currently perceived class imbalances. There is some real imbalance in some places however where you would end up with profession/class stacking as it is all ready evident to a certain extent these things would need to be addressed at some point however even with them not addressed most players will still be playing with their guild members and friends that don’t give a #!%@ what profession you are.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

colesy.8490

What?

If you want to clear dungeons efficiently, you need to do everything I wrote in the post you quoted.

NeuroMuse.1763

What?

If you want to clear dungeons efficiently, you need to do everything I wrote in the post you quoted.

Efficiently but not required is the issue in my context. Having proper rewards competitive with time-gated options in content where these things are unquestionably “required” and done at the right times is I’m getting at. Such difficult content / game modes don’t really exist at the moment.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

You can create your own set of difficult content by using your imagination. You can force yourself to just use ‘blue’ gear or make a new character with the understanding that if you die, you have to delete the character and start over. You can also setup your own reward system so if you complete say Arah in all ‘blue’ gear, you unlock a ‘green’ piece of gear.

If you what you truly want is more difficult content and a better reward system than you can do that on your own, you don’t need ArenaNet to do that for you.

But we both know that’s not really what you want….

This is a terrible excuse. When people ask for a challenge, they don’t mean “oh, I get hit harder”. That’s artificial difficulty and not actually challenging. People asking for a challenge are asking for something that actually has them think and react, learn patterns and tells. They don’t want “oh that auto-attack will just kill me.”

You can’t force the bosses in this game to have mechanics that are fun and challenge. That’s up to the developers.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

People are reading whatever kitten they want to read and don’t get the full message, we’re not asking for challenging content, we’re asking to be rewarded for challenging content, when I bought this game to have fun, fun IMO is doing dungeons and spending all day farming is not my type of fun, that didn’t really matter since there was nothing that I wanted anyways, I got to full exotics pretty easily, but now they made ascended weapons, it costs 200g to get any crafting from 400-500, I have an ele and a warrior so I’m going to need 400g, I barely make 10g in 1 day.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

NeuroMuse.1763

we’re not asking for challenging content, we’re asking to be rewarded for challenging content

I think it’s commonly perceived that no challenging content exists currently (I agree with this “personally”) and none at least to the extent to have rewards competitive with the time-gated/grindy options. I do however think these things should be added.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

You want skill to happen in your dice-roll-damage game? LOL.

There are other genres if you want skill to matter. RPGs isn’t one of them.

colesy.8490

What dice roll?

Provided no factors change, if you attack something you’ll hit it for the same amount repeatedly.

Conncept.7638

What dice roll?

Provided no factors change, if you attack something you’ll hit it for the same amount repeatedly.

Umm… not true, weapons have a base damage which is ‘rolled’ between a high and a low whenever you use a weapon ability. However, a dice roll is not an accurate comparison, as the high and low of the weapon damage always falls within 5% of the higher end. It’s basically like rolling a 20-sided die and only being able to hit 19 or 20.

Honestly the bit of RNG there is is so meaningless they could just remove it, making no major changes to the game, and most people would probably never notice.

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

What dice roll?

Umm… not true, weapons have a base damage which is ‘rolled’ between a high and a low whenever you use a weapon ability. However, a dice roll is not an accurate comparison, as the high and low of the weapon damage roll varies by less than 5%.

Honestly the bit of RNG is so meaningless they could just remove, making no major changes to the game, and most people would probably never notice.

I think he meant crits.
Don’t people usually have 100% crit chance with fury now? That’s at least for PvE which is what this topic is about. Any dice roll result with a 100% chance isn’t really a dice roll.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Not until ascended equipment becomes the standard. Right now they’re going to have to design content to be completable by people in exotics and this effectively means that people in ascended will steamroll it.

The gear grind is having a huge impact on how content is being designed and it needs to be abolished.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Sigh. Another camouflaged “I am better from everyone” thread -_-

Beast Sos.1457

Clearly half u ppl who come to this thread r not reading everything. if u think this is a im better than u thread alt f4 right now, if u think this is a gw2 sucks thread do the same thing. this is a thread for those ppl who want hard content which is rewarding, to come out and speak about it, a thread where ppl can suggest ideas for making content more difficult/fun. i didnt post this thread so all u grind lovers come and rage or for ppl to come read the first line the start spamming the post. READ, USE UR EYES! if u want to comment some hateful kitten read before ur ignorance takes over.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmm you already got one last month.

its called beating liandri and getting a liandri mini.

Beast Sos.1457

hmm you already got one last month.

its called beating liandri and getting a liandri mini.

Okay we got one thing and it was not rewarding at all. dont get me wrong i like the mini but its not that i want to show off in the game i just want hard content to do which is rewarding bc if it isnt its just a waste of time bc at the end of the day this is a MMO and rewards r a big part in MMOs. that fight was really fun bc it was challenging! and it felt really good after beating her, y? BC IT WAS CHALLENGING! but would i sit there and keep killing her after the first time? no bc, it might be fun, but no rewards.

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

Skill involves and requires a number of the following:

• Tactics;
  • Muscle-memory;
  • Quick-thinking and reflexes;
  • Split-second situational awareness and observation;
  • Clear thinking/Clarify of purpose;
  • And/Or good leadership.

Guild Wars 2 requires passive situational awareness that a tranquilised, soporific tortoise could multitask through, and that’s it. Considering the content has been a continual case of copy & paste, I can’t see this game ever requiring skill, no.

Perhaps the upcoming Everquest Next will fare better. We can hope, I suppose. We can hope. I’m tired of time being a replacement for skill in MMOs.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

@ OP

Do you have the Liadri mini?

colesy.8490

• Tactics;
  • Muscle-memory;

Guild Wars 2 requires passive situational awareness that a tranquilised, soporific tortoise could multitask through, and that’s it. Considering the content has been a continual case of copy & paste, I can’t see this game ever requiring skill, no.

Perhaps the upcoming Everquest Next will fare better. We can hope, I suppose. We can hope. I’m tired of time being a replacement for skill in MMOs.

You’re wrong.

The top five are used in every speed clear, the sixth point isn’t because the people already know what they’re doing and don’t need to be led.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

@ OP

Lol, Liadri. What can you do with it? Wipe your kitten with it?

Beast Sos.1457

• Tactics;
  • Muscle-memory;

Gw2 is still a new game it can change a lot for good or bad. i can see Anet adding difficult content ( with rewards worth the effort), if ppl show they want it.

Beast Sos.1457

@ OP

If i didnt have one y would i ask for difficult content?! i re traited and just put my traits in anything and still beat her. she was tough, dont get me wrong but once u learn the fight its just dps from there

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

My answer to the question is that after a year you feel that nothing either requires skill or if it does require small limited skill it is not giving ‘good’ enough rewards the chances are next to zero that they will add it to your specifications.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Is there challenging content in the game? Yes, in a way there is. SAB TM, Mad King’s Clocktower, Liadri were challenging enough. However you can “challenge” yourself in many more ways: do a solo AC run at level 35, solo Lupicus in Arah, do a naked TA run etc What do all these “challenging” feats lack? Appropriate rewards of course.

The “Gambits” system from the Gauntlet was an excellent idea, if only they applied it to the rest of the game, so when you “artificially” increase the difficulty of content (soloing a dungeon for example) you would get far superior rewards. That way challenging content becomes rewarding and it’s funny because it doesn’t require making new content…

Beast Sos.1457

My answer to the question is that after a year you feel that nothing either requires skill or if it does require small limited skill it is not giving ‘good’ enough rewards the chances are next to zero that they will add it to your specifications.

After a year? a year is nothing the game still has so much time to grow. its not my “specifications” its what game should be, not a endless grind for items. sure have content that ppl can grind out if they dont want or cant do the challenging stuff but there should still be difficult content which r rewarding.

Beast Sos.1457

Is there challenging content in the game? Yes, in a way there is. SAB TM, Mad King’s Clocktower, Liadri were challenging enough. However you can “challenge” yourself in many more ways: do a solo AC run at level 35, solo Lupicus in Arah, do a naked TA run etc What do all these “challenging” feats lack? Appropriate rewards of course.

The “Gambits” system from the Gauntlet was an excellent idea, if only they applied it to the rest of the game, so when you “artificially” increase the difficulty of content (soloing a dungeon for example) you would get far superior rewards. That way challenging content becomes rewarding and it’s funny because it doesn’t require making new content…

I like that suggestion. i would try to solo a dungeon if it rewarded u like u mentioned. it would probably be fun and worth the time. a big part of enjoying part of a game which is a MMO is knowing that after completing the difficult content ur doing u get rewarded appropriately.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

People are reading whatever kitten they want to read and don’t get the full message, we’re not asking for challenging content, we’re asking to be rewarded for challenging content, when I bought this game to have fun, fun IMO is doing dungeons and spending all day farming is not my type of fun, that didn’t really matter since there was nothing that I wanted anyways, I got to full exotics pretty easily, but now they made ascended weapons, it costs 200g to get any crafting from 400-500, I have an ele and a warrior so I’m going to need 400g, I barely make 10g in 1 day.

It costs 200g if you buy everything. Right now everything is at an inflated price. A gathering run with a couple of alts will get you all the raw materials you need for 1 or even 2 exotic items. A couple of boss fights will give you enough rares for the ectos. Do that 3 times – 5 times and you’re at 450. Then you can refine the new mats + do that routine again and you’ll actually make a little money rather spent 200g. All it takes is a little patience because obviously it will take a bit longer then just spending 200g on a single day.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I like that suggestion. i would try to solo a dungeon if it rewarded u like u mentioned. it would probably be fun and worth the time. a big part of enjoying part of a game which is a MMO is knowing that after completing the difficult content ur doing u get rewarded appropriately.

Actually this is an interesting idea. What if this dungeons had the end reward multiplied by 5 and spread equally between the participants. So if you play with 5 people you get what you get today but if you solo it you get 5x the tokens and rewards. That would be interesting and close to what gw1 did.

Posted by: Remmenz.6325

Remmenz.6325

I am a bit impatient at this time of night so i have only read the OP and the answer that followed it so forgive if what i will say has been said before.

I would love to have some content that will require great team coordination, it will be a new goal for me to accomplish so i agree with what you want 100%.

There is something that bothered me about your suggestions in what requirements must be filled to make it a very skilled encounter. Needing a tank/healer/dps in the groups may be impossible. It is doable because there are classes that seemed to be geared for a tank or healer role, but it really isn’t maximized. There are not abilities that can help the tank control the agro or immense healing abilities that the designated healer can rely on.

These are the only problems i see if such content where to be released for guild wars 2

colesy.8490

The other problem is that the content would be terrible and would let everyone who wants to afk watching HP bars and then healing or spamming buffs and going afk for “support” get what they wanted, a nice, original trinity MMO.

The way we have it right now, every single class is capable of offering DPS, control and support, and doing this lets parties clear content efficiently. Just because randoms on here say support isn’t needed doesn’t make it so, just watch any speed clear video and you’ll see the amount of support, control and co-ordination is involved.

The only problem is that most people can’t handle this so ANet will never make “elite” content with appropriate rewards because their main audience who wants to tank 50k 1-hit boss attacks would get angry.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It costs 200g if you buy everything. Right now everything is at an inflated price. A gathering run with a couple of alts will get you all the raw materials you need for 1 or even 2 exotic items. A couple of boss fights will give you enough rares for the ectos. Do that 3 times – 5 times and you’re at 450. Then you can refine the new mats + do that routine again and you’ll actually make a little money rather spent 200g. All it takes is a little patience because obviously it will take a bit longer then just spending 200g on a single day.

You could also sell it for 200g.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Liadri….

SAB Tribulation mode…..

Tequatl (upcoming changes)…

All show that they are seeking ways to create counters that require skill from the players. Each has its own unique rewards for being able to do it – a mini, specific weapon skins, etc. They may not be what some people want as their rewards, but many were happy with them. For some, the content itself was enough. Just depends on the player. They won’t be able to make everyone happy though.

We’ve been told that we can look forward to more of these types of things, as they continue to revamp the world bosses and the dungeons. It’s not huge strides right now, but they are making the attempt, and things like this take time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.