Winterday Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Well, on the positive side, the Avatar of the Pale Tree mini does have a firefly/glitter aura that rivals Faren’s. Still, her unblinking, thousand-yard stare only gifts her with slightly more personality than Trahearne.

Poor Trahearne, this won’t end well

To arms!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well, on the positive side, the Avatar of the Pale Tree mini does have a firefly/glitter aura that rivals Faren’s. Still, her unblinking, thousand-yard stare only gifts her with slightly more personality than Trahearne.

Poor Trahearne, this won’t end well

To arms!

Commander, to me. I need your opinion.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Vas.7306

Vas.7306

Moving on

(15 chars)

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I was pretty creeped out by the mini already. I mean – she’s the Sylvari’s mom, who wants a creepy pet that looks exactly like their mom following them around? Wouldn’t it feel like a weird form of slavery or stalking?

And for other races, she’s the head of state for another nation. It would be like the PM of India walking around with a pet that looked exactly like the British PM. War could easily ensue, doing something like that.

All of the looks-like-NPC minis are bad, but this one is really creepy.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

better question, why is queen jennah shoeless, surely her majesty can afford a pair of flip flops or stylish sneakers?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

There is some quirkiness to the mini model for sure. Overall most of the animations seem to be ok. Her running animation is a bit odd too. Doesn’t look like all the other female Sylvari animations she has.

I have never really zoomed in on the Avatar of the Pale Tree in the Grove for any length of time to notice if that even blinks though. Wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t. (Not like now is a good time to judge on that front anyways T_T)

But I’m still pleased with it personally. Been something I’ve been wanting for a while.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Her face does look weird and non-elegant, though I don’t really care about blinking.

Her idle “arm swinging” animation looks too fast.

She also has “Miniature…” instead of “Mini…” in the name and has problems being linked (the code is empty in chat code, but the names appears when sent); I’m not sure but that might be the result of her not appearing in the wardrobe.

But I still like the mini and this is my (as a sylvari person) favourite one at the moment Been waiting for it since datamined and wasn’t hoping to see it during Wintersday.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Hirazaki.3601

Hirazaki.3601

I’m quite new to Guild Wars 2 and I was wondering if I will be able to complete “For the Children!” collection after Wintersday is over as long as I have it unlocked (by consuming the Holiday Display Case). The thing is that I have to go to the Orr to get the Gold Ball Ornament and since I’m low level that’s not really an option for me.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I don’t think anyone other than devs will be able to answer you; currently, the ornaments drop from correct racial chests with (almost?) 100% chance, but no one knows if:

1. it remains that way after Wintersday,
  2. the drop rate gets reduced but items are still obtainable,
  3. drops get removed until the next Wintersday.

I believe the 2nd option is most likely, but that’s only a guesstimate.

To be on the safe side, you can get a lvl 80 guildie/friend, preferably thief, to carry you to the JP without fighting mobs, when time comes closer to Jan 13 and if there are no news from the devs.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Hirazaki.3601

I don’t think anyone other than devs will be able to answer you; currently, the ornaments drop from correct racial chests with (almost?) 100% chance, but no one knows if:

To be on the safe side, you can get a lvl 80 guildie/friend, preferably thief, to carry you to the JP without fighting mobs, when time comes closer to Jan 13 and if there are no news from the devs.

Thanks for the answer. I hope a dev can provide some clarification about this.

Posted by: ShigsZ.3761

ShigsZ.3761

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foostivoo_the_Merry

Will this mini and/or the three that create it be released on the gemstore again?

Chocobo Knights [CK]

•` _ ´• /

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The didnt remove the halloween collections (or drops for it), so i would say you can complete it any time once unlocked.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

psst. I got the gold ball without jumping through Orr, and all I needed was a high-level friend to be my bodyguard as I ran. Didn’t take twenty minutes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Valley_of_Lyss#Objects

Hirazaki.3601

psst. I got the gold ball without jumping through Orr, and all I needed was a high-level friend to be my bodyguard as I ran. Didn’t take twenty minutes.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Valley_of_Lyss#Objects

Good for you, unfortunately I don’t have any high-level friends.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Great thing about the GW community is that you do have high level friends you just haven’t met them yet. I’m willing to bet if you go to DR or LA and ask in chat you’ll find someone willing to run you to Orr, maybe even a couple of someones

Hirazaki.3601

Great thing about the GW community is that you do have high level friends you just haven’t met them yet. I’m willing to bet if you go to DR or LA and ask in chat you’ll find someone willing to run you to Orr, maybe even a couple of someones

Already found someone (well, they found me). Indeed, gotta love this community, thanks everyone!

Posted by: gtg.7208

gtg.7208

I need help on Warming Grawnk’s Heart.

Received the letter with my Charr, went to the spot letter directed me to, can not find Seimur. Check dulfy’s guide, and looked for Grawnk/Orphan to tell me where Seimur is, can not find Grawnk/Orphan.

GW2 is too confusing.

Also, my Charr does not have many maps discovered, can I complete Warming Grawnk’s Heart with multiple characters?

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

His location changes each day. I believe he is in Divinity’s Reach today near the Commons Court waypoint.

Hopefully this can help track his whereabouts. It shows where he is on what days, though I have no idea if there are any other places he locates to other than what is listed on the wiki. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sous-Chef_Seimur_Oxbone#Locations

You can only complete Warming Grawnk’s Heart once per account. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Grawnk and Orphan are in your Home instance. Since you’re a Charr that home instance is in The Black Citadel. They’re marked by two candy icons.

Grawnk will give you a very easy clue on where Seimur is on that particular day.

Charrbeque.8729

Grawnk and Orphan are in your Home instance. Since you’re a Charr that home instance is in The Black Citadel. They’re marked by two candy icons.

Grawnk will give you a very easy clue on where Seimur is on that particular day.

Actually they show up in any home instance you enter so you don’t have to go to your race’s instance for it.

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

You can only complete Warming Grawnk’s Heart once per account. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart

You can, however, alternate between different characters if one character can not get the stuff Seimur’s wants without much hassle. The whole account shares one Grawnk.

Charrbeque.8729

You can, however, alternate between different characters if one character can not get the stuff Seimur’s wants without much hassle. The whole account shares one Grawnk.

It is a fact that you can only do the quest once per account. I never said you can only use 1 character to do the quest with. Edit: Yeah I misread the OP. He was asking if he can use multiple characters to complete it with and the answer is of course yes.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I remember last year we had a lots of sales in the gem store. This year seems quite sparse in comparison. Anyone know if there’s going to be sales this week? With such a long list of items player’s have asked to be reissued to the Gem store, surprised not more has been done.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

That_shaman had datamined something that looked like a 1 day sale when the Wintersday patch came out, nowhere to be seen as of yet though.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

So, here we go again: Wintersday #3 in the history of Guild Wars 2.

Please note that I don’t want to bash the event alltogether. I quite enjoy the moments when whole guilds participate in massive snowball fights or bell choirs. I also liked the inclusion of a whole year christmas tree where you can get gifts (Even though I think 1 per day is a bit low).

However, as it stands there are several issues that prevent me from having the most fun here…

First, I can see you worked on the jumping puzzle (Even though you just removed the midway extra present – While were at that topic: Why?), however you didn’t even bother to fix that longstanding slope/infinite fall damage bug while you were at it.

After the gusty snowman there’s a candy cane slope where you encounter that bug at a high frequency and since you loose massively hp there it’s usually impossible to finish the puzzle if you’re lucky enough to slip there… There’s nothing more frustrating than making the exploding presents 3 times just to die to that bug 3 times in a row (Yeah, that happened. I call bs on that one).

I’m pretty sure it has to do with latency between the client and the server (Which is why I, as a EU player encounter it rather often) and I think it could be fixed by a few lines of code that basically slow down the application of fall damage per second.

Another point is the bell choir ensemble. I still haven’t found out why it happens but, for some strange reason, platforms glitch out. That means that sometimes you enter one (Say for example playing the upper notes) and even though you hit every note correctly (Within the blue circle, without latency, no I’m not colorblind or misplaced my fingers) you get damaged for each note making it impossible to complete that piece of music. Usually that bug persists on the platform until the game ends. This usually happened to me on the Southeast platform btw.

Bugs aside (And the toypocalypse fiasco), there’s still so little content in this event it hurts. Doing all the achievements related to the Meta takes (Casual playtime of like 2h a day max since it’s xmas and so on) like 3 days. After that it’s basically do nothing or farm presents via the minigames. Why is there no Jack Frost worldboss thing or something else that actually keeps you busy? There are tons of ideas which are possible possible floating around – please ask your community and improve the next wintersday.

Oh and while we’re at the presents… Why did they get the Halloween pail treatment? You finally gave us an exotic aquabreather in the game and you can even choose your stats – But it’s hidden behind an abbyssmally low dropchance again…
I mean there’s no reason to make it that rare in PvE while PvP can have it 100% through the reward track. I’m all for trying out different gamemodes but I’m against forcing players into one because that’s basically the only way to get something.

That’s a trend you started with the reward tracks – I say it was the wrong decision: Content should be available in all gamemodes so you can choose whatever playstyle you want. PvP should have all the rewards like dragonite ore and items that PvE can farm but nothing exclusive. This is the whole PvE has everything, PvP get’s the short end of the stick thing reversed – That’s not how you fix that issue as you’ll have to reverse it again in the future when the other side complains until the end of days.

So please, stop with the super low RNG, give us something more to enjoy on wintersday and patch out those bugs for the next year so that everyone can actually enjoy all parts of the game.

P.S. The wintersday decoration is always fixed to 1 city, the rest of Tyria should decorate aswell (Like LA and whatnot). Also I’d be all in for more snow in the cities (Since we basically didn’t have snow on christmas for years now) which’d cover all the ground and not just some patches. I mean It could snow naturally, like in some Shiverpeak maps – That’d be rads.

So long,
cheers and happy holidays.

Akuni

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

The Wintersday reward track was one thing they did extremely right. Daily [Profession] win was the wrong way to get people to try PvP. Reward track was just what the game needed.

This game already has so much PvE-exclusive stuff that people are getting an expectation (even entitlement?) that everything should continue to be available in PvE, often without alternatives.

I also highly doubt that the exotic or stat-selectable nature of the underwater backpiece is why most players are seeking to get it.

PS: remember that the alternative to the reward track is more likely to be something like the mini holographic wolf, rather than some 100% guaranteed acquisition method for PvE.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

That’s a trend you started with the reward tracks – I say it was the wrong decision: Content should be available in all gamemodes so you can choose whatever playstyle you want. PvP should have all the rewards like dragonite ore and items that PvE can farm but nothing exclusive. This is the whole PvE has everything, PvP get’s the short end of the stick thing reversed.

PvP should be as rewarding as PVE (it is NOT, currently) and it should havesomething exclusive just like PVE has something exclusive (fractal, for example). I am not willing to exchange my glorious hero armor for your fractal skins, because, from my very personal pov, my glorious hero armor has an additional value attached to it.
If it was obtainable for pve players, it would lose all its attractiveness.
The same logic can be applied to fractal skins, of course.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

That’s a trend you started with the reward tracks – I say it was the wrong decision: Content should be available in all gamemodes so you can choose whatever playstyle you want. PvP should have all the rewards like dragonite ore and items that PvE can farm but nothing exclusive. This is the whole PvE has everything, PvP get’s the short end of the stick thing reversed.

PvP should be as rewarding as PVE (it is NOT, currently) and it should havesomething exclusive just like PVE has something exclusive (fractal, for example). I am not willing to exchange my glorious hero armor for your fractal skins, because, from my very personal pov, my glorious hero armor has an additional value attached to it.
If it was obtainable for pve players, it would lose all its attractiveness.
The same logic can be applied to fractal skins, of course.

I hope I don’t pull this off topic but I just started doing Fractals and the only skin I’ve seen is 1 backpiece. Am I missing something?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Already found someone (well, they found me). Indeed, gotta love this community, thanks everyone!

It’s great that you got the help you needed. And yes, I agree, this is an amazing community. : D

Happy Wintersday.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Read people, read. I stated that PvP should have access to everything that is currently PvE related aswell as PvE having access to everything currently PvP related. So all modes have the same chance or at least a way to get you something that you want.

PvE/PvP/WvW exclusive stuff just leads to people feeling left out and that’s generally not something you want in a game (Please note that some people simply can’t play PvP because they have horrible lagg because that’s the max bandwith they can get where they live. Same goes for WvW. And let alone people who are strangers to the MMO culture – they usually don’t have the reflexes nor the adaptability needed in player versus player scenarios).

That aside, please keep the topic mainly on wintersday and not mode comparison. I just picked up that point because it was part of why I don’t like current wintersday.

Thinking about it I didn’t even mention year 1 minis which were exclusive like with halloween… I guess China got them this year (as with halloween). Ugh. I thought GW2 was a game were “you can always take breaks and come back” – now, you can do that but you probably miss 2345234 items which are labeled exclusive afterwards…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The first two points sound like issues with latency, which may be related to your connection. I’m also an EU player (specifically based in the UK and playing on EU servers) and I haven’t encountered either.

There are numerous topics in the account issues section of the forum for finding and solving lag issues. But a simpler option for the jumping puzzle is to not jump down the candy cane. You don’t need to, you can just run onto it (and if necessary dodge through the wind) and then you don’t take any falling damage.

I have no idea what you mean by ‘the toypocalypse fiasco’. Admittedly I’ve only played it twice this year but both times I was able to finish it without any issues.

The lack of content is actually a plus point for me. I’m away from home and unable to play for 2 of the weeks this is available and just got 3 new games for Christmas – two of them RPGs which are going to take a lot of time to complete. So it’s the perfect time of year for GW2 to be releasing fairly minimal new content.

The aquabreather doesn’t actually bother me because I don’t want it that much, I only just got the one from the karma merchant in Orr for my main character after hitting level 80 over a year ago. But I do agree that RNG for account bound items is a bad combination. It would be much better if it was tradable.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I found Wintersday to be pretty, but boring overall. What’s the point of any of it when you can’t enjoy it with your friends? All the main events force you into arenas with people you don’t know. The result? Not the fantasy that Anet dreams of where people make long lasting friendships, that’s for sure. What I’ve seen is a bunch of events with absolute strangers resulting in absolutely no chat through the entire event.
Anet needs to get off this kick they are where they seem to believe that forcing people to do things will result in loyalty and money spent.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

personally I think this entire wintersday has been an unmitigated disaster. This is an event I look forward to all year every year every since starting gw1 5 years ago. There is little to nothing to do, and what there is to do I dont care for. Bell Choir Ive never understood. I hate JP’s. Toypacolyse and the infinarium is boring and I dont care enough about gold to farm the gifts to sell them, also I hate farming the same thing over and over for something useless. The gifts themselves got a tiny bit better after last weeks patch, but the original drop table was just insulting…useless runes and sigils, and now snowflakes with no value, nothing in those gifts of any value has a decent drop rate..aqua breather/tonic recipe etc. The frostbitten tools are nice, everything else is pretty much useless. But to me the worst part was the kitten setting. When I heard it was to be in Divinity’s I though YES perfect place, the best designed city to have the best holiday decorations. Then I find out its to crown pavilion and only a tiny sliver arc shape, a narrow section and thats it, havent even seen that dolyak do a run in days because nobody bothers anymore. Just dailies and out. And speaking of dailies I havent been able to get to the 5 dailies once yet because bell choir and the jp are there everyday, and Ive never done those successfully, so my meta bar has not been progressed. So yea very disappointed and really hope the next time they dont screw it up so badly.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I hope I don’t pull this off topic but I just started doing Fractals and the only skin I’ve seen is 1 backpiece. Am I missing something?

Fractal Weapon Skins.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

This is my opinion. For those who would answer “learn to play” or “I don’t have a problem”: good for you. I suppose that you think I should either play your way or shouldn’t get to do Festival Dailies. Nice.

This is my second day of Wintersday Dailies (been too busy to play). I usually fill a Festival achievement completion at least partly with Dailies because I can’t do the Jumping Puzzles and usually there is at least 1 or 2 other things I can’t do. For this festival it is Bell Choir. And what do you know, we get only 6 Daily options. We have to complete 5 but 2 are Bell Choir and JP.

Less and less options for “playing the way you want”. I may end up quitting this game at this rate.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Dave.2536

I don’t think it would be too much to ask to change the “complete” in both cases to “attempt”. I would hope OP and others would at least agree to put in that bit of effort if anything ever came out of this.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Why is the bell choir such a chore, that’s my question. You need to complete a single song a day. Just one.

I’m not saying that the jumping puzzle is easy, but the bell choir? Should take you about ten minutes. Everything else is relatively easy.

Why should there not be one semi-diffucult thing. It’s not like you have to complete the entire series of songs to get credit for the daily.

It really isn’t that hard.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I don’t think it would be too much to ask to change the “complete” in both cases to “attempt”. I would hope OP and others would at least agree to put in that bit of effort if anything ever came out of this.

How would you define “attempt”? Go into the activity and stand around for a minute? The game can’t tell the difference whether you’ve done that, or actually made some effort to succeed.

In any case, the Bell Choir daily only requires you to survive one song. Not be perfect, or even do well. Just survive to the end of one song. On the easy songs, that means hitting about 4 notes.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

That seems to be their mindset across the board, not just with the festival dailies. You can play the way you want, as long as it is within the limits they are putting on you (as in play how they think you should.

The same issue has happened with the regular dailies. They have limited them as well, I am guessing in an attempt in their minds to encourage (I am reading it as force) people into trying other parts of the game. They have done this by choking the available options down to bare nothing.

As far as the bell thing goes, if you have any lag at all, which seems to be rampant again, not sure the reason, but you cannot even survive to the end of one song. While it might be easy for you, it is not the same for everybody. And the easy songs work that way as well. Get enough notes wrong, easy or hard song, and you are done, 1 more failed attempt at the daily. Sorry, 1 more frustrating failed attempt.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Djinn.9245

Currently the Bell Choir daily says “participate” which is incorrect. I have “participated” in many Bell Choir events but never completed one song. I realize that people don’t understand how some people can fail to complete even the very first song but for some reason I have never done it. (Been playing since Beta.). Idk if it is my connection or what but I follow the instructions and it still never works for me.

Yes, I have tried this year like every year hoping that something has been changed so I can do it. And in previous years I had a different computer and a different ISP.

Suffice it to say that requiring either the Bell Choir or the JP means I will not complete any Festival dailies.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Olvendred.3027

Currently the Bell Choir daily says “participate” which is incorrect. I have “participated” in many Bell Choir events but never completed one song. I realize that people don’t understand how some people can fail to complete even the very first song but for some reason I have never done it. (Been playing since Beta.). Idk if it is my connection or what but I follow the instructions and it still never works for me.

Yes, I have tried this year like every year hoping that something has been changed so I can do it. And in previous years I had a different computer and a different ISP.

Suffice it to say that requiring either the Bell Choir or the JP means I will not complete any Festival dailies.

Try hitting the notes later. A lot of people who have problems are simple hitting too early. You want to hit them as they get to the very inside blue circle, just as they disappear.

Dave.2536

How would you define “attempt”? Go into the activity and stand around for a minute? The game can’t tell the difference whether you’ve done that, or actually made some effort to succeed.

Why does it need to? If hitting one single autoattack at one boss in the Silverwastes is enough to get 30+ bandit crests, an organ, 3 rares, and a Greater Nightmare Key, why does the game need to be an “enforcer” for Wintersday events?

Olvendred.3027

Why does it need to? If hitting one single autoattack at one boss in the Silverwastes is enough to get 30+ bandit crests, an organ, 3 rares, and a Greater Nightmare Key, why does the game need to be an “enforcer” for Wintersday events?

You need to do sufficient damage to the boss to get kill credit, and the boss needs to actually die. Not to mention that you have to get to the right place at the right time. And to get the organ, you need to have the organ gathering buff on. And to get the full 3 rares and the Key, you need to be on a map where all the bosses are killed.

While it is possible to ‘leech’ some rewards for little effort in that instance, you still have to be part of a group effort where a lot is actually achieved. It isn’t a valid comparison to ‘logging into a solo activity and doing absolutely nothing.’

Djinn.9245

Try hitting the notes later. A lot of people who have problems are simple hitting too early. You want to hit them as they get to the very inside blue circle, just as they disappear.

Yea, I’ve tried waiting until they are fully within the blue at my feet but it still doesn’t work. And I don’t want this to turn in to a tutorial on the Bell Choir – that isn’t the point. Thanks though.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

there is currently a bug were you dont get damage when failing notes only when playing wrong notes and if you have that bug you dont get credit for right notes either…. I had that earlier today seems to have fixed it self by me hitting wrong note untill I got kicked out and then could get credit for right notes the next song.

Dave.2536

You need to do sufficient damage to the boss to get kill credit, and the boss needs to actually die. Not to mention that you have to get to the right place at the right time. And to get the organ, you need to have the organ gathering buff on. And to get the full 3 rares and the Key, you need to be on a map where all the bosses are killed.

While it is possible to ‘leech’ some rewards for little effort in that instance, you still have to be part of a group effort where a lot is actually achieved. It isn’t a valid comparison to ‘logging into a solo activity and doing absolutely nothing.’

The standard for “sufficient damage” is not much at all. 1-2 autoattacks on any non-Nomad gear will get you over the threshold.

Organ gathering buff is a net gain, not loss, so I don’t see why you’d even list that as if it was some kind of effort.

Additionally, the boss does not need to die to give you an organ (although dead bosses do help with the multiple organ leech run).

While the rares and key depend on the group effort, the point is that individually the game does not require much personal contribution.

Quite honestly, with the standards ANet has set for individual contributions, there would be a reasonably strong argument that simply taking the portal into the Bell Choir/JP zone could count as “sufficient effort”.

PS: this opinion is brought to you by someone who has the JP on farm and gets 590+ in Bell Choir. I am not advocating this be easier because it would help me.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

there is currently a bug were you dont get damage when failing notes only when playing wrong notes and if you have that bug you dont get credit for right notes either…. I had that earlier today seems to have fixed it self by me hitting wrong note untill I got kicked out and then could get credit for right notes the next song.

I’ve had this bug. It’s annoying.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Wintersday was alright for the first few days now the gifts are just a pain in the backside. The odds of getting one of the recipes, which is about the only things of value from the Wintersday packages are just not worth filling up your inventory over and over again. Many of the items can no longer be sold to the TP as the price is at rock bottom, most cannot be sold to a vendor and end up being destroyed.

I have enough boxes of harvesting tools stored in my vault to last me 10 years. The potions just get in the way (and to use them in the toilet requires a mystic coin only to get another gift and, the insignia can only be learned once. The mini Ho-ho-tron is at least worth selling if you are lucky enough to find more then one but overall I would rather have had less trash even with the rng odds for the good stuff being so low.

Believe it or not after opening close to 2,000 giant gifts I got 2 Ho-ho-trons and 1 of the potion recipes. The rest was all vendor trash.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yea, I’ve tried waiting until they are fully within the blue at my feet but it still doesn’t work. And I don’t want this to turn in to a tutorial on the Bell Choir – that isn’t the point. Thanks though.

I just heard in map chat that when you stay within the area of the bell choir for all 6 songs (or until the end of the event) you get credited for participation, even without staying on one of the platforms.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Olvendred.3027

Are festivals really supposed to provide content to potentially take up the entire time they’re available? I think your expectations are too high there.

Obviously there’s the perennial problem that you can’t join activities with friends, and wintersday does have more activities than any other festival. That complaint is fair enough.