World bosses dying too fast [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alsyoni.5920

Alsyoni.5920

This is how a dragon boss fight should look like. Sorry A-net but OP is right. The world boss fight are very … meh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzDRiohYHhM
after fights like this, all players will say" Man I really “worked” for that reward chest" not like beating a world boss in 5 min.

Watching this and then fighting Teq just makes me sad. Everyone just ignores the tendrils and who even remembers there is a bonewall? The adds just get cleaved down from everyone spamming AoE since it is somehow more efficient than single target spells against single targets.

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

This is how a dragon boss fight should look like. Sorry A-net but OP is right. The world boss fight are very … meh.
after fights like this, all players will say" Man I really “worked” for that reward chest" not like beating a world boss in 5 min.

Watching this and then fighting Teq just makes me sad. Everyone just ignores the tendrils and who even remembers there is a bonewall? The adds just get cleaved down from everyone spamming AoE since it is somehow more efficient than single target spells against single targets.

I would love to see more boss fights like this. Though if they go on for 50 minutes, they’d have to have some pretty amazing mechanics and boss stages. :p

One issue I think is that some of Anet’s “bosses” are just human sized and as such when they’re being wailed on by 50 people it looks a bit silly. :p

Even if damage wise the boss in this vid is doing exactly what GW2 bosses do. It’s the dynamic nature of its movements which make the fight exciting. GW2 needs far more of these.

I think too that choosing to have the big dragons as stationary bosses was a mistake, and whist it may be too late to change those, I do hope future bosses will take a more dynamic approach.

(edited by Jareth.4813)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

for shatter and claw of jormag it would be as simple as expanding their regular attacks to the “safe” spots, the attacks themselves are already lethal enough if you actually get hit with them but with spots where anyone can attack them with no danger of being hit… well you get boring easy fights.

I just finished a Claw fight this morning. There were veterans and champions running around in the back killing a lot of people At least one other time, the “ledge” where people stack up was also gloriously smashed clean by a Champion Goliath.

The fight is not hard if people in the second section manage to get the golems to bomb the Claw. If they don’t, it can drag on into a war of just wearing it down. The first segment is actually really good, and if people aren’t cleaning up the back area it can spiral out of hand quickly (seen that happen with a large group of “bah, shut up and spam 1” being chased around for a bit by Veteran Elementals…). Please do not change this.

The Shatterer has a glaring safe spot near the right front leg. (IT’S right). Anywhere else is prone to being overwhelmed by adds and hit by its breath bombardments. Please readjust the attacks so that spot is not almost always risk free. As it is, the only time they need to take the weapon fire off the Shatterer is when a couple Veteran Branded come running up. Even then, not many people do.

The Shatterer could stand to be more like the Claw of Jormag or even the Tequatl fight. It’s probably the worst of the three.

Teqautl requires a bit more work but larger aoe’s that force people to the edges where the tentacles are now and then and the mobs coming off the beach near the siege weapons to where the players actually are would be a start.

Not much work. This morning I did it and the reinforcements overwhelmed all those turrets and started pushing people in towards Tequatl. Which meant lots of people standing in poison. It was a mess but a fun mess.

I’d give Tequatl a random-distribution poison well-rain which drops 2-5 second wells around inside the area the tentacles and bone wall protect, so people can’t stand and just auto-attack with corrections after the roar. Add a couple veteran mobs into the reinforcement phases, to beef them up a bit like the Claw’s reinforcements.

(They don’t need much more of a buff – the recent tweaks to Risen and Krait made them pretty tough.)

The lower level ones simply need scaling up a lot before any other changes can really be made, what makes them easy is that there done before they can actually fire anything off (or finish spawning in case of the wurm)

Quoted for accuracy. The Shadow Behemoth goes down fast, the Frozen Maw’s shaman dies about 30-45 seconds after he finishes his boasting. The Jungle Wurm goes down about as easily, but I only did it once recently so I don’t know if it’s a common thing.

I’m hesitant to say “all meta events need an investigation and overhaul”, but they definitely do need to be looked at.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

I played l2 n Aion so world boss’ fight these game so epic.
I alway feel we’re really like zombie when fighting world boss gw2.
1: Auto #1 range
2: Res
3: Repeat 1
So boringggg

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Completely agree.

Safe zones need to be removed. This would make jormag phase 1 waaaayyyy more interesting, for example.
They need more AI and more mobility. For example, if Tequatl had a brain he would just wind up and b—ch slap the zerg standing 45 degrees to his right. It doesn’t have to do a lot of damage, just a big knockback would make the fight more interesting.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Completely agree.

Safe zones need to be removed. This would make jormag phase 1 waaaayyyy more interesting, for example.
They need more AI and more mobility. For example, if Tequatl had a brain he would just wind up and b—ch slap the zerg standing 45 degrees to his right. It doesn’t have to do a lot of damage, just a big knockback would make the fight more interesting.

A wind whipped up by his wings dropping poison or vulnerable?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

the temples always seem to be contested, if you are looking for group content then why don’t people do them?

the dragons and other group events (besides Orr) are just zergy loot pinatas. hopefully the upcoming loot changes will alter that a bit

Posted by: DubzGTI.8170

DubzGTI.8170

…I did just want to throw this out there that “some” of the world bosses are kind of a challenge – when there’s only 5-10 people fighting it lol

But I agree with the general flavor of this thread, the difficulty needs to increase, especially with all the player contribution as of late

Barely Broken
Asura Mesmer – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

lol People’s answers to making the boss fights better isn’t improving the boss, it’s just “add more aoe”. The upcoming changes won’t affect the dragons being “loot pinatas” either. Easy, predictable fights on a timer will still draw the farmers. Make the bosses actual mob models that move and target individuals, instead of building models. Remove the predictability of the fights, make teamwork necessary regardless of group size, and for the love of god get rid of timers and introduce a meta chain to the event not unlike Balthazar to make people cooperate to get to the kitten event in the first place. And spread the meta event across the entire zone so the place isn’t just a lobby to get a free chest.

Posted by: DubzGTI.8170

DubzGTI.8170

lol People’s answers to making the boss fights better isn’t improving the boss, it’s just “add more aoe”. The upcoming changes won’t affect the dragons being “loot pinatas” either. Easy, predictable fights on a timer will still draw the farmers. Make the bosses actual mob models that move and target individuals, instead of building models. Remove the predictability of the fights, make teamwork necessary regardless of group size, and for the love of god get rid of timers and introduce a meta chain to the event not unlike Balthazar to make people cooperate to get to the kitten event in the first place. And spread the meta event across the entire zone so the place isn’t just a lobby to get a free chest.

Bravo – that’s actually a good idea

Barely Broken
Asura Mesmer – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I think the difficulty of the world bosses is as good as their loot. It’s an easy and uninteresting fight for some cheap and uninteresting loot.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

lol People’s answers to making the boss fights better isn’t improving the boss, it’s just “add more aoe”.

The thing is, the Dragon Champion fights aren’t bad if it weren’t for the blatant few spots you can stand and just wail away. Even Jormag is only easy when you get about 50-100 players beating on it. Anything under 25 and it’s a little bit more difficult. Under 15 and you have a serious fight.

The Shatterer, on the other hand, becomes easier with a lot less people because the safe spot near the front right leg is just . . . look, nothing lands there. Nothing except the crystal prisons, and those are broken almost immediately. (There was a thread about that.)

Tequatl, is in the middle. It’s easier to take down than the Claw, but with more active attacks it could be more dangerous. The Claw has a few attacks which actually can hit and be damaging, plus the constant damage-over-time if you are close enough to it. Tequatl has poison, which you can withstand with a Healing Spring

Make the bosses actual mob models that move and target individuals, instead of building models.

This does not help Frozen Maw, it wouldn’t help these few events all that much. Also, there are a few dungeon bosses which are mob models which are still . . . ah, “loot pinatas”.

Remove the predictability of the fights, make teamwork necessary regardless of group size, and for the love of god get rid of timers and introduce a meta chain to the event not unlike Balthazar to make people cooperate to get to the kitten event in the first place. And spread the meta event across the entire zone so the place isn’t just a lobby to get a free chest.

Interesting, but Balthazar has that thing where it gets bugged from time to time due to the meta chains being screwed up somewhere.

Also, I stand by the observation that if you get enough players in one spot, teamwork is irrelevant and victory becomes assured.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

the temples always seem to be contested, if you are looking for group content then why don’t people do them?

I’d guess some players think it’s too much effort for the reward. I don’t get the “big business” thinking gamers apply to playing. It seems like RoI is more important than fun. Taking 45 minutes to do Shatterer (40 sitting alt-tabbed + 5 to kill it) seems more attractive than taking 45 to do Dwayna from start – finish. I’ll confess that on occasion the time involved (when I have to be somewhere else soon) makes me not respond to those asking for help at them. But then, I don’t do all the dragon events all the time either.

That said, the temples do seem to be getting done more frequently (at least on my server).

Posted by: Kashrlyyk.5364

Kashrlyyk.5364

You can dodge more than twice in Vindictus before your stamina is empty. Stamina recharges much faster and one character can block attacks including some dragon attacks.

As long as GW2 limits the players to two dodges and has ridiculous recharge times on block skills, will fights like that be impossible to implement.

You can also repair armor in combat for almost no costs at all in Vindictus.

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

The world bosses are garbage from an encounter design standpoint. They almost seem like an afterthought, as if ArenaNet decided to release them unfinished in the interests of time.

It’s too bad that all of the amazing work on the artistic side of these encounters is undermined by shabby mechanics that present no real challenge or fun at all.

It’s not like ‘the world boss’ is some new and innovative construct that is being pioneered by ArenaNet either, this kind of thing has been in games for a long time now and there are well known successful examples to go by. Games I played 7 years ago or more had world boss encounters that absolutely put the GW2 ones to shame.

For starters, you can’t properly design an encounter for a highly variable number of players when you don’t put in mechanics that scale in difficulty with more players present. As long as more players = mooooaaaaarrrrrr damage and no downside other than ridiculous ability lag, these encounters will continue to be a joke as players simply bring more bodies to mash the boss with.

I’m talking about mechanics like boss heals for a crapton when somebody dies, boss makes players deal damage to players around them, boss makes players spawn nasty mobs when they die, boss pwns players with uber chain lightning of death if they stand on top of one another, stuff like that. You know, fun stuff!

The challenge here is that this requires ArenaNet to (at least in some cases) abandon their candyland notion of “more players should always = better”. This is a flawed mentality in the context of open-world encounter design, not just because servers can’t handle an open-ended number of players, but also because it makes it impossible to design anything other than a loot farm.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Posted by: Molonlabe.3761

Molonlabe.3761

fire elemental used to be like what you describe. zergs would wipe, piles of corpses, people getting angry at the noobs, etc. let me paint you a picture of what you faced:
1 ember every 1000 range, so you’re almost never out of range of one
fire balls landing everywhere. when they hit you, you get thrown, stunned, and delt half of your life in damage. likely to get hit again before you can get back up. something to note: the effect would happen just before the red circle appeared, making dodging impossible.
flame attack that travels along the ground is about the same as now…
people would be timid and huddle near the bridge, so that was where all these attacks were focused, so you likely got nailed while you were approaching.
don’t even consider going there unless you’re at least level 30 (even though it downlevels you to 15), as you couldn’t even survive one fire ball.
it would take 30-60 minutes of the best skills you could bring to bare, along with 5-20 wp runs, to defeat this beast. even with 50+ players present.

I would love to see all the world dragons becoming significantly more difficult.

However, can you imaging the number of “hate”, “anger”, “cry-baby” and/or “OMG” posts that will appear on this forum if ANet scales all dragons to that level?

In fact, have you looked at how many posts complaining about AC lately? laugh

killcannon.2576

The same mechanics are in play regardless of if there are 10 or 100 people there. It all breaks down to showing up, attacking a foot (why even make the bosses so large if all I ever attack or see 75 percent of the time is a foot) avoiding aoe, use heal ability, repeat. The dragon fights were boring, listless affairs after about the fifth time of completing them, and the main reason people completed them even before the enhanced loot chests was for a chance at an exotic or precursor. The loot is what has always drawn people to these fights after you have seen them a number of times.

The fact that Balth gets bugged doesn’t invalidate putting a meta chain in any event that is described as a world or area boss. That just speaks to the dev teams needing to polish their mechanics. The meta chains are really fun (when they work), and can bring a map populace together, which are good ideas in themselves. Frozen Maw is just a Shaman, why doesn’t he move? Why doesn’t he attack individuals? Because it’s easier just to throw aoe’s around and have the illusion of a fight than an actual combat mechanic that is challenging, but not overwhelming? It would help any fight to have mechanics to help keep players mobile and engaged rather than just as stationary auto attack and healing turrets that only move when they’re in a red circle.

As far as mechanics to break up large groups, you can have attacks that stack intensity when you are in proximity to other players. Or a debuff that hits other players that are around the affected player that does high damage, causing people to spread out and not bunch up. Targeting dead players with mines, or rezzers with a debuff to not be able to rez again in a certain period of time. These mechanics would control zergs naturally and effectively, without the need to just add in arbitrary zone denial.

Victory should be assured as long as it is challenging and fun, the goal shouldn’t be to punish players, but to challenge them and help them learn the mechanics of the game in general and certain encounters in particular. Learning to dodge, use fields and combos effectively, when to rez players and when not to, and the intricacies of builds other than full power and precision zerks.

There is much that can be done to preserve the wonder and fun of GW2 as long as it doesn’t just fall into a routine zone denial aoes, and punishing players.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

killcannon.2576

Each dragon moves up in difficulty, that’s a given from the zones they are in and who they were originally targeted for. Which is all fine and good when the game was young and there was a significantly larger amount of newer and level appropriate players. The game has aged and so has the player base. We now see a significant portion of the players who have been in game for more than a few months, and the things that were ohhh and ahhhh then are turning to blah and blech now. Not trying to say there isn’t fun and wonder to be had, but once you’ve blasted a building model with the same predictable mechanics for a couple months, you can start doing them by muscle memory without any real thought put into your actions. Just adding more area denial aoe to the mix doesn’t change the basics of the fight, and you need to give players a place to stand, otherwise you are greeted with the range>melee argument that seems to plague this game.

Edited because it wouldn’t fit in earlier post.

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

If you don’t like the dragons, go do something else.

Scripted fights are scripted…. once you’ve seen the movie, it stops being original.

If you want an extremely difficult challenge, that will leave you with a huge sense of accomplishment … go kill a thief, before they nerf stealth.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Try Grenth. Or Lyssa. Or Balthazar.

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

If you don’t like the dragons, go do something else.

Scripted fights are scripted…. once you’ve seen the movie, it stops being original.

If you want an extremely difficult challenge, that will leave you with a huge sense of accomplishment … go kill a thief, before they nerf stealth.

For an event like this, when you can stand in one spot, auto-attack, not take damage, and win, then there is a problem. You can only defend so many poorly thought out game systems with “then don’t do it” before people decide to just “not do” the game.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The same mechanics are in play regardless of if there are 10 or 100 people there. It all breaks down to showing up, attacking a foot (why even make the bosses so large if all I ever attack or see 75 percent of the time is a foot) avoiding aoe, use heal ability, repeat. The dragon fights were boring, listless affairs after about the fifth time of completing them, and the main reason people completed them even before the enhanced loot chests was for a chance at an exotic or precursor. The loot is what has always drawn people to these fights after you have seen them a number of times.

Don’t kid yourself, the loot is always what draws people to the events. That or they need something from it (Temple clears for the skill points, for instance).

Adding yet more area denying attacks doesn’t change the breakdown of the fight to anything more than just find a newer place to stand, and you have to give players a place to stand or then you get the ranged>melee conversation.

No, you don’t need to give players a place to stand. You need to give them windows in which to attack in melee but there should never be a place you can park and just wail away with a greatsword with no repercussions. Similarly, ranged players should always be on the move and evading attacks.

If we go back to what the root design concept was, it’s that combat was supposed to be more active. Not “find the spot to stand in”. I did that with Quarm, do I need to do it again? No thank you . . .

The fact that Balth gets bugged doesn’t invalidate putting a meta chain in any event that is described as a world or area boss. That just speaks to the dev teams needing to polish their mechanics. The meta chains are really fun (when they work), and can bring a map populace together, which are good ideas in themselves.

It’s the technical aspect I was commenting on. It’s something which needs polish and some effort to get to move smoothly. I was present for a time when a “zerg” did the whole Straits chain-chain (what a phrase) together and we got it timed so we all flowed into the next bit at the same time. It was gloriously grand, epic, and I almost forgot culling meant I couldn’t see enemies spawning to protect the Pact team from.

Or that the Risen Priest of Balthazar still went down just like any other major boss: “hit it til it dies, avoid the AoE”.

Frozen Maw is just a Shaman, why doesn’t he move? Why doesn’t he attack individuals? Because it’s easier just to throw aoe’s around and have the illusion of a fight than an actual combat mechanic that is challenging, but not overwhelming?

He does pick out individuals but there’s usually so many players it isn’t a problem. People drop healing turrets and such nearby, and then the only problem is getting caught with the AoE attacks.

It’s the same with the centaur leader in Harathi Hinterlands. He will focus sometimes, but it doesn’t matter as much because a lot of times there’s players enough that one or two getting focused means nothing.

It would help any fight mechanic to help keep players mobile and engaged rather than just as stationary auto attack and healing turrets that only move when they’re in a red circle.

The only thing to help that is if healing turrets were priority targets with one-hit-dismantles. And that wouldn’t fix it. You’re not curing the “zerg attack” tactic so long as there is no upper limit on players in the fight. Get rid of the healing? Whatever, someone will pick them up (someone almost always does).

As far as mechanics to break up large groups, you can have attacks that stack intensity when you are in proximity to other players. Or a debuff that hits other players that are around the affected player that does high damage, causing people to spread out and not bunch up.

Claw of Jormag puts down a debuff which increases frost damage (I think it says) which translates to "don’t get hit again’.

Risen Priest of Grenth has the Shades, which . . . are a terror if they’re not taken care of. That Corruption can really facilitate one-hit-kills. By the way, you want to talk about a fight which makes bunching up a bad idea? This one. Right here. Study the revamped Grenth.

(Note, it’s almost never done anymore casually.)

Targeting dead players with mines, or rezzers with a debuff to not be able to rez again in a certain period of time. These mechanics would control zergs naturally and effectively, without the need to just add in arbitrary zone denial.

This is a terrible idea and punishes players far too much for being glass cannons or just plain fragile, OR inept at dodging . . . or both. This solution will pretty much be “if you’re not elite enough, stay out” . . . worse than the current problem.

Also it clashes with your next bit.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Victory should be assured as long as it is challenging and fun, the goal shouldn’t be to punish players, but to challenge them and help them learn the mechanics of the game in general and certain encounters in particular. Learning to dodge, use fields and combos effectively, when to rez players and when not to, and the intricacies of builds other than full power and precision zerks.

As I understand it? Full power/precision Berserker’s builds are touted as the build to have, because it puts out raw damage which isn’t mitigated. Condition damage being capped by stacks means building for that isn’t as useful except in instances where you’re going to be able to control who’s putting the conditions on. And if you kill something quickly, you don’t need to worry about defense or health so Toughness/Vitality isn’t as of importance.

So by the above, only Power/Precision/Critical enhancements are of any use. Berserker gear is not going to be dropped until any of that changes, which isn’t going to happen due to it being a generalized “truth” about video games.

I do agree with one thing, the fights should be a learning experience but once you hit the high level areas you should be challenged to string it all together and make it work. Strangely, this is notable in the fights we have. The Wurm fight is about managing certain aspects of the battlefield (don’t let it eat the husks), the Frozen Maw fight is about recognizing where not to stand (no red rings of death), the Shadow Behemoth fight is about recognizing patterns and phases (portals > vulnerable > shadow drops > portals…) and as you get up in level they get more complex.

So . . . I don’t think making Jungle Wurm, Frozen Maw, or Shadow Behemoth more complex fights would be a good idea. I think working on reinforcing what they teach would be better.

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

The events do need better level scaling. Things in some whats have been improved. A good example of this is the Claw of Jormag dragon. “In the old days, i remember that people would want to farm kill the dragon at his first stage, where he fires those 2 dragon crystals out that spawn Icebroad Elementals. In a large group of people, they were too easy to kill, even when they were scale leveled up to level 82 to 84, and they had good loot. I remember being able to on my warrior go into the middle of the mob of Icebroad and use off-hand axe #5 skill Whirling wrath, mostly easily taking on the enemies along with my allies. On very rare occasions i would die (ok downed actually) from the Icebroad, but rarely.
Now the Icebroad from the Claw of Jormag dragon areallott stronger, and doallott more aoe damage. Can’t just run to them and go all Whirling wrath axespinningg on them anymore. And there loot levels were lowered, so people not farming them anymore and yelling at people who after the icebroad are killed go and attack the dragon’s ice wall. (”Why are you killing the dragon?!?!?!? We are farming here!!!") Same for the dragokittentage 2, the mobs are strongenought in a full map that has a queue that they aren’t just pushovers.
Minions aside, the dragons still need changes. Mainly, that 95% of all the players will stand at one spot off to the side and shoopracticallyly afk with little fear of dieing. If in stage 1 Claw of Jormag those big ice spikes that push you back also were at that place off the right side of the wall that everyone stands at, it would be different, and not afk’able. But as it is you just stand to the side and shoot.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The problem with making the events “dynamic” and punishing people who just stand and shoot is that the lag at times is so bad that there’s no way you’d actually be able to respond to anything dynamic happening. I’ve been there at certain points where there was 2-3 seconds worth of input lag between trying to use an ability and actually seeing the ability go off in the game world. If there was massive 1-hit death attacks raining from the sky to try and make people try to dodge in a situation like that, it would be ridiculous and basically just up to luck.

The lag isn’t always that bad (I’ve only had it that bad maybe 2-3 times out of maybe two dozen world boss fights) but its still something to consider.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Maybe should also adjust the down leveling in the starter zones and include stats on gear and weapons, too.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Everyone’s so focused on world bosses…hard/easy whatever… what about the rest of the game, open world, wvw, jump puzzles, dungeons need rewards too, and needs more reasons to do it..

If the rest of the game had similar reward buffs and fixes no one would hammer these world bosses 24/7

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The ONLY world boss that isn’t a joke is the Megadestroyer in Mount Maelstrom.

He actually moves around unlike all the rest of them. And he can 1 shot or 2 shot people. And I’ve seen him wipe out dozens of players with his aoe flame attack.

This is how dragons should have been.

Yeah, and that event needs some sort of coordination too for the pre-event with all those laser-thing-a-majigs and the lava that burns you when you stay on it. I loved that place. That was a nice event basically due to terrain limitation and such.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

the dragons and other group events (besides Orr) are just zergy loot pinatas. hopefully the upcoming loot changes will alter that a bit

The temples are fun once or twice…but I just don’t care to try and run through all the aggro to get to the event. Plus, they are pretty much the same as the dragons…I have only been downed (not dead) a few times in all of the temple events I have been to…I think there should be more actions on the bosses part that knocks people away, stuns them and confuses them…just more interesting period…

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

Kitedyou.1720

Honestly, the Champion Giant that spawns Nageling WP in Diessa Plateau is a very enjoyable fight…but even he could be made more entertaining.

Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

The temples are fun once or twice…but I just don’t care to try and run through all the aggro to get to the event. Plus, they are pretty much the same as the dragons…I have only been downed (not dead) a few times in all of the temple events I have been to…I think there should be more actions on the bosses part that knocks people away, stuns them and confuses them…just more interesting period…

Have you done the Orr bosses recently?

Grenth especially is quite different now.

Kitedyou.1720

These tools known as “forum moderators” keep harassing me because my posts are honest and accurate…they merged mine (discussing how ezmode bosses are) with this one discussing how quickly they die…

Waffling wafflers.

Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

He just dies too fast. In the time, from when he spawns to when he dies there’s barely enough time to teleport over and if your loading screen feels like taking it’s sweet time he’s probably gonna die before you can even properly load. People who get to know about it from guildes, like “Shatterer is up” should get at least a few minutes to get there. And correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the term “boss” imply a foe that puts everything you’ve learned up to that point to the test? So please, buff him up. The Jormag counterpart is a dangerous foe that will kill you if you’re not careful and takes a while to beat. Why can’t shatterer be the same?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Come earlier, the timer’s pretty accurate. Jumping in when others have already completed the pre-event is lame anyway.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Oxstar.7643

Lame? Wow, we got an elite here everyone, fact remains, he’s too easy.

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

What he means is that the boss wouldn’t even be spawning if someone hadn’t taken the the time and initiative to complete the pre-requisite events. Maybe you’re not aware, but these large area bosses all require events to be completed before they will trigger. So, by jumping in at the last minute you are benefitting from the time and hard work of others.

Oxstar.7643

What he means is that the boss wouldn’t even be spawning if someone hadn’t taken the the time and initiative to complete the pre-requisite events. Maybe you’re not aware, but these large area bosses all require events to be completed before they will trigger. So, by jumping in at the last minute you are benefitting from the time and hard work of others.

Of course I am aware, duh. Yeah, but what if I had no conceiveble way of knowing about it, such as, say, if I just got on or if I was busy doing an exp with guildes? Everyone who fights the world boss has a right to benefit as far as I’m concerned and world bosses are supposed to be the big baddies that kick so much kitten so that they need a shoe polish made to specifically deal with butt smell. Seems to me like you just want an easy conduit for a chance at exotics.

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Of course I am aware, duh. Yeah, but what if I had no conceiveble way of knowing about it, such as, say, if I just got on or if I was busy doing an exp with guildes? Everyone who fights the world boss has a right to benefit as far as I’m concerned and world bosses are supposed to be the big baddies that kick so much kitten so that they need a shoe polish made to specifically deal with butt smell. Seems to me like you just want an easy conduit for a chance at exotics.

You may want to tone down your inflamatory attitude. No one here has insulted you yet you have insulted every person who has responded.
But anyway, you DO have the right and the chance to fight the boss AND benefit, MULTIPLE times a day. If you are busy doing something else, than so be it. The boss isn’t going to wait for YOU or anyone else. If you would like to be notified earlier, then check the dragon timers, or hang out in appropriate areas and do pre events, or have someone from your guild hang out and notify you, or whatever else…
As for wanting an easy chance for rares or exotics. It seems like YOU are the one looking for an easy chest as you don’t want to be bothered with even opening a browser window to check timers, let alone participating in the pre events.

TLDR: it’s cool man, dragons spawn all day. catch one when you can and try to have fun.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Because they are not instances and so there is no limit to the amount of people. All bosses become a zerg fest

that and also boss mechanics still lacks. Its only based on dps ing

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

They die before you can get there lol??? I have to be there a half an hour early or I end up in the overflow. Thanks guesting;)

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

You may want to tone down your inflamatory attitude. No one here has insulted you yet you have insulted every person who has responded.
But anyway, you DO have the right and the chance to fight the boss AND benefit, MULTIPLE times a day. If you are busy doing something else, than so be it. The boss isn’t going to wait for YOU or anyone else. If you would like to be notified earlier, then check the dragon timers, or hang out in appropriate areas and do pre events, or have someone from your guild hang out and notify you, or whatever else…
As for wanting an easy chance for rares or exotics. It seems like YOU are the one looking for an easy chest as you don’t want to be bothered with even opening a browser window to check timers, let alone participating in the pre events.

TLDR: it’s cool man, dragons spawn all day. catch one when you can and try to have fun.

Thanks for that adequate and eloquent reply, I would have probably flamed him to the ground =) I totally agree, couldn’t have said it better.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

The events that the system is currently being applied to routinely result in failures and wipes.

Good. I did the Shadow Behemoth the other day for a daily and it dropped in less than 15 seconds.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

I just did wurm and we killed it so fast no one was rewarded anything.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq