Yes or No: Manifesto Represents the Game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Manifesto represents an idea.

Sometimes Ideas evolve.

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Guild Wars 2 is still very much like Guild Wars as far as gear goes.

You’re kidding right? Almost everything about Guild Wars 2 is different from Guild Wars.

Guild Wars has easily obtainable best in slot gear. Same thing applies to Guild Wars 2. Are YOU kidding?

Best in slot is legendary and you’re saying they are easy YOU are kidding. GW2 is not remotely related to GW1 or that manifesto anymore.

Best in slot is exotic. Minus the rings and back from these new ascended. You can get a max level armor piece from AC in 3 runs. That takes what, 90 minutes tops? How is that a grind.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Posted by: ChaosMatrix.1276

ChaosMatrix.1276

It is true what they say, people will find any small detail, any little dent, any small spec to complain about and rally on like its a holy war while making themselves look like they are the victims.

Lets analyze it logically.

Problem: Players requested something new because by then a large number of the population already had exotic gear, through dungeon runs or through other means.

Solution: Add new tier of gear.

Complain: new update completely destroys the manifesto of the game because now you have to hunt for ascendant gear which is better than exotic.

You can obviously see which of these statements is illogical. If I were to analyze it, I would have to say that people whom complain its because they do not wish to “Work” to get this new gear, they dont even know how you acquire it and are already complaining.

I really don’t see how this is somehow a conspiracy against the manifesto, if anything it injects new life into the game until a larger add on can be finished.

Heck I even saw someone complain about dungeon items being soulbound, what that person failed to realize is that the tokens are account bound, meaning, if you have an alt, you can use you main to get tokens and then the alt can use them for gear.

I’m an old timer, I’ve played almost every mmorpg there has been, and guild wars 2 its one of the most fun experiences I’ve had mainly because it does not feels like a chore in anything it does. It is not perfect, it is still new, but its one of the best experiences out there.

I’m sure the more reasonable players wont even bother to read this and will simply sigh and pass on, but I have some time on my hands and I found it somewhat interesting how people are foaming like rabid dogs and calling in a holy crusade against something they will just keep playing anyway, without any actual grounds in reality.

It is a psychological reality that people will always be afraid of change and things which are new, but some people take it to illogical extremes.

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Manifesto represents an idea.

Sometimes Ideas devolve .

ftfy

no, it was right the first time.

Posted by: Kriton.5402

Kriton.5402

No, not anymore.

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Chaos. most of us just see where this is heading. We have been down this road many many times.

“most fun experiences I’ve had mainly because it does not feels like a chore in anything it does.”

Well… you can give up on that in the future. Exotics will be vendor junk just like the greens are now. You will not be able to enjoy the ONLY dungeon anyone does because you do not have the right amount of gear already. New players will not be allowed into guilds because they would have to help the newbie gear up before they could help them in the future content.

So sorry, I do not believe you have played all the MMOs out there or you would see the effect the gear treadmill has. And I do not believe you want anything other then the normal treadmill or you would be just as worried about this as we are.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

So either Arenanet was:

-totally and completely inept and incompetent in their design.
-lying to maximize sales right from the beginning.
-bullied by corporate bottom lines into abandoning their morals.

I can’t figure out which answer is the worst possibility.

I’ve been racking my brain as to why they would make this move, drastically departing from their core ideologies, and I finally figured it out.

MONEY!

It’s really simple players that stop levelling and reach the maximum gear level stop spending large sums of gold.

When players no longer have a need for gold they stop buying gold from Arena Net, and you can bet a good portion of players just said “screw it” and spent 120$ bucks on gems converted it back to in game gold and there you have it instant best in Slot Gear. Oh, and then they came to the forums and complained they didn’t have anything to work for….LOL.

Now because the Legendary weapons are too far a gap for players to buy into and there was no power benefit many just said no thanks to them and were happy with their Exotic gear. This is not a good thing for Arena net they need players to have a need for items to keep the revenue stream lubricated.

Now, Arena Net doesn’t care how many of you are playing so much as you keep using the store and buying your way into better armor. So what do you do, we are 3 months post launch and revenue is dropping off.

I know….I know …..we put out a new gear type with greater stats then exotics and we bake in the set bonuses so we make it harder for players to complete sets. The set pieces will then get traded over the TP and players in a rush to get there set piece will buy gold from us to get it.

Then we’ll add a new slot in the gear for infusions and we’ll give them stats as well and mitigation for special dungeons we’ll put in. Each time we put in a new dungeon we’ll just add new infusions again.
Oh, and this time we’ll make sure crafters can’t craft it and we’ll release 1 or 2 pieces every month so we can keep a steady flow of revenue coming in.

It’s Genius …. if you’re not on the receiving end.

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

No, and I stopped giving a crap.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

Not anymore. It was a good dream, but like Icarus, we flew too close to the sun.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Before you shred them to pieces, consider this:
Since release, there was been rampant feedback that the game needs “more stuff to get”. “More stuff to do”. “More things to aspire to”.

In other words, thousands and thousands of posts have asked for exactly this Ascended gear.

ANet didn’t lie to us. They listened to player feedback. And this just goes to show why as a developer you really shouldn’t listen to your players, because unlike developers they might think they know what’s good for the game, but they (or me) probably have exactly 0 actual clue.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

“More stuff to do” doesn’t mean, “More grinding for a stat advantage”.

They could have just offered new weapon and armor skins instead which is what I hear the first game did.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

You’re kidding right? Almost everything about Guild Wars 2 is different from Guild Wars.

Guild Wars has easily obtainable best in slot gear. Same thing applies to Guild Wars 2. Are YOU kidding?

Best in slot is legendary and you’re saying they are easy YOU are kidding. GW2 is not remotely related to GW1 or that manifesto anymore.

Best in slot is exotic. Minus the rings and back from these new ascended. You can get a max level armor piece from AC in 3 runs. That takes what, 90 minutes tops? How is that a grind.

Legendaries had stats increased to (presumably) ascended. So that’s 4 slots. And when ascended armor gets released in X months, that’s almost the rest of them.

Link from another thread on the legendary: http://i.imgur.com/lZz53.png

Seriously dude, you are arguing in every thread but you are wrong about almost everything you post.

(edited by NaughtyProwler.8653)

Posted by: Helluin Estel.8495

Helluin Estel.8495

Atm sadly no more.

No need to go all the way for False Advertising (unless you really want to), you can hurt them on their bottom line by requesting a refund:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9053/kw/refund

I explain something that maybe can help all the ones interested to a refund, at least for EU customers.

If you bought GW2 from a retailer, you should ask it a refund.
If you bought GW2 directly from official site, you should ask to the support team your refund.

1) Bought GW2 with cash in a shop: the situation would be a problem, just in this case you should contact a lawyer or a consumers’ association, if you are a member.
2) Used a credit card to buy GW2 and retailer or support team say no to refund:
contact your credit card customer service, if you are still within the billing period or you used a specific kind of credit card.
If the operation is already processed and billed, the fastest way is go to your Bank and ask the refund explaining why. Doing so, your Bank will give you authomatically the full refund upon your request. The Bank directly will do what required and maybe you can be contacted to provide more info about reasons.

As you can see as EU customer is really easy what to do.

3) bought game with Paypal and support team say no to refund: contact Paypal customer service, you should solve the issue.
About Paypal, I can’t provide more info, so if anyone could add those, it would be a good service.

I hope that this can help the ones interested to do so.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I don’t ask a refund atm, I prefer wait some weeks, check the evolution of all this stuff, then maybe I’ll ask the refund.
We are still within the time granted by EU laws to evaluate a product, so there is no hurry.

Posted by: hale yeah.8309

hale yeah.8309

No, let the man speaks, we are obvious undoctrinated GW1 scrubs in comparison to his mighty words.

I agree with this reply….

Careful. I got an infraction the other day for leaving pretty much that exact post. I’ll probably get another one for warning you.

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Legendaries had stats increased to (presumably) ascended. So that’s 4 slots. And when ascended armor gets released in X months, that’s almost the rest of them.

Link from another thread on the legendary: http://i.imgur.com/lZz53.png

Seriously dude, you are arguing in every thread but you are wrong about almost everything you post.[/quote]

You might wind up reconsidering your tone here when you realize that was a bug that got fixed immediately.

Posted by: DootmasterX.3025

DootmasterX.3025

What we are experiencing is something my friends and I call the ’NCSoft Bait-and-switch." Thankfully this will be the last time I fall for this, just sad that it had to be my precious Guild Wars that it happened to.

The first time was Tabula Rasa, a fairly interesting Third Person action game meets MMO and created by Richard Garriott. NCSoft pressured him to release the game early, and thus it was lacking a lot of content which was advertized. Things like personal Mech suits, PvP (there was NO PvP at launch) etc. Within a month they fired a huge chunk of the staff. They kept promising with each update the content they promised in release would be added, never happened.

I think the most eerie moment for me was in that game was when I was in a level 50 zone and a dev showed up to talk to the players and there was only 3 of us that were even there.

Of course we all know the fate of Tabula Rasa, an interesting thing to note though is that Richard Garriott went to space to promote the game and ‘release the players genomes into space’ so that they would be remembered. It cost him a pretty big chunk of money and it did nothing to promote the game, since the problem was that the game (unlike this one) had virtually NOTHING to do in it at launch. Anyway, NCSoft refused to pay him like they said they would for the trip, fired him, he sued, and won. lawlz

The other debacle was AION. The fact that it was a broken, unbalanced, gear-grind aside, what drove me over the edge was the bait and switch again! The promo trailer for AION showed things like mounted combat on a dinosaur (sold me on it right there) huge underwater zones, Shugo constructed housing, factional assaults against each other’s housing districts complete with airship battles and Godzilla sized seige golems. Sounds awesome right?! Too bad that absolutely none of the stuff in the video was actually in the game. They simply made a rendered video using the game engine and rotfled all the way to the bank with that sweet sweet release revenue.

Now we know AION has some of those features, finally, but it took years and at the cost of the massive bulk of it’s initial playerbase.

… and here we go again it seems.

Jack of all trades, master of some.
NSP – [Zos]

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

The words “Bait” and “Switch” come to mind.

Arenanet, i dont know if you are reading this, but look what happened with SOE and SWG’s NGE.

Oh, guess what. Both of you released the patches that were very controversial and could kill the game on November 15th.

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

What manifesto? All I see now is just a well written PR sales talk, and apparently it worked very well.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

What manifesto? All I see now is just a well written PR sales talk, and apparently it worked very well.

Unfortunately it did work well…

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

Before you shred them to pieces, consider this:
Since release, there was been rampant feedback that the game needs “more stuff to get”. “More stuff to do”. “More things to aspire to”.

In other words, thousands and thousands of posts have asked for exactly this Ascended gear.

ANet didn’t lie to us. They listened to player feedback. And this just goes to show why as a developer you really shouldn’t listen to your players, because unlike developers they might think they know what’s good for the game, but they (or me) probably have exactly 0 actual clue.

none of that is true.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

They did not release all ascended items yet so it will not cost 700 skill points. If a new person comes to the game months down the road, they aren’t forced to get this gear. They have this option though if they want some kind of stat progression.

Wait until ANET adds new content. Then they have two choices:
– Scale the enemies numbers to match ascended gear, forcing you to acquire it.
– Scale the enemies numbers to match exotic gear. Watch people complain that the new content is ‘too easy’

I will continue to be on the same competitive level with others in WvW because the game allows me to be. Everyone else can continue to complain.

Not without ascended gear.

Even if they haven’t gone against their manifesto—- they haven’t fulfilled it either. Either it’s not possible, they just didn’t have the talent, they decided it wasn’t profitable, but the game described in the manifesto is not what we got. I’m not saying that GW2 isn’t fun, it’s just not the game that I thought it was going to be based on their description in the manifesto.

It might just be that the vision they had for the game didn’t quit translate into reality.

The grind for exotics was a bit annoying. Then again, I was after a non-craftable set of stats and I had sunk coin into leveling crafting when I should have been able to see that it would just lose me coin. Maybe that lived up to the manifesto, maybe it didn’t. At worst, it was an acceptable compromise.

But then they went and moved away from the manifesto by adding ascended items. Which means that they stopped trying.

its because they do not wish to “Work” to get this new gear, they dont even know how you acquire it and are already complaining.

Oh kitten off. I play games to enjoy myself when I am not working. I do not pay for a game just for more work.

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

Oh kitten off. I play games to enjoy myself when I am not working. I do not pay for a game just for more work.

You will have to forgive him. WoW-type games have conditioned an awful lot of people to view this as acceptable.

Posted by: Jeliel.8372

Jeliel.8372

What’s the point of this thread?
You are not getting any real answer from this liars.
You can only leave the game considering Anet changed their own rules.
Liars.

Jeliel Firestorm – VII Guild – Aurora Glade
http://www.youtube.com/user/VIIguild
http://www.seventhlegion.net

Posted by: Dzoni.1082

Dzoni.1082

Short answer would be Hell NO

(A bit) Longer answer should be: They did changed and i can understand why… They had a corporation sniffing behind their back, who noticed coming of another bigger MMORPG title (the one which name should not be mentioned) so they stood in front with attitude like “hey you, screw your philosophy, you got to be just like them, we need more of their playerbase”. Add to this all those “durr, what to do once we get level 80?” crowd. And, no, that article about 80 things to do at level 80 dont helps at all (it is not even serious as Manifesto was :P ).

On one side, yes it is business and i understand this. On other side, i should probably stick to single player RPGs from now on (at least mod-able ones i.e. Skyrim)…

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

Uh I see no difference with those quotes and what the game is today. Especially the last point. Guild Wars 2 is still very much like Guild Wars as far as gear goes.

I know this because I have a very very busy life. If this game was a gear grind I would NOT be playing it. Reason being I have played all other MMORPG’s that ARE gear grinds and I stopped playing all of those.

That is the truth.

This. The only “grind” I noticed is the grind for mats in making Legendary Weapons, and even that is painless when compared to more “mainstream” MMOGs.

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

You will have to forgive him. WoW-type games have conditioned an awful lot of people to view this as acceptable.

Hence the swearing.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Lol obviously not… typical PR bullcrap. At first sure, before giving into the “QQ there is no grind I come from WoW this game sucks no progression!” This could be seen coming though, ANet lied about much more in the manifesto than simply not creating gear treadmills. Most of us are just really surprised that it actually happened.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Lord Funk.1694

Lord Funk.1694

I’m sad to reply:
No
No
No
to Your questions. :/

This whole Fractal, Ascended, Agony, Infusion thing has really started GW2 on the slippery slope down the 1337 player WoW path.

Lord Funk of HOD/Holy Order of Dragons game Guild (since 1996/97)

http://hod-home.guildlaunch.com

Posted by: Space Cow.2431

Space Cow.2431

GW1:

Make a new character in Tyria, do a few missions, grab a run to droks and you have a full set of perfect armor in a day.

Make a new character in Cantha, play the game normally you’re max level and wearing perfect armor within 8 hours.

Make a new character in Elona, ferry to consulate docks you have perfect armor in a few minutes.

GW2:

???

In GW1 the fun was in finding interesting builds and synergies between skills that normally don’t seem too useful by themselves. In GW2 there isn’t enough breathing room to be that creative.

Posted by: Eandur.8109

Eandur.8109

GW1:

Make a new character in Tyria, do a few missions, grab a run to droks and you have a full set of perfect armor in a day.

Make a new character in Cantha, play the game normally you’re max level and wearing perfect armor within 8 hours.

Make a new character in Elona, ferry to consulate docks you have perfect armor in a few minutes.

GW2:

???

In GW1 the fun was in finding interesting builds and synergies between skills that normally don’t seem too useful by themselves. In GW2 there isn’t enough breathing room to be that creative.

In GW1, there also was a very deep and fluid storyline, which actually caused the world to change as you progressed though it.

Edit: No, by the way.

Posted by: Eder.9120

Eder.9120

Anet are not stupid, they know this is totally at odds with their manifesto. From the lack of response even after overwhelming negative feedback, I surmise that this decision was forced on them from NCSoft.

The questions are: do they realize how angry they have made a huge portion of their playerbase? Do they realize how quickly this can snowball into a PR nightmare and put off both current and future customers? And will they be able to salvage all these customer relationships even if they were to reverse the gear treadmill decision?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode…

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

will they be able to salvage all these customer relationships even if they were to reverse the gear treadmill decision?

The probably could salvage most of the players. They only need to convince players to redownload, not start paying a monthly fee again.

Posted by: Reidlos.5437

Reidlos.5437

No…..no……no

fail

Posted by: Eder.9120

Eder.9120

Let me quote what design director Chris Whiteside said:

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

You know what the worst part of this is? They are treating us like idiots. His very first sentence “Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill” is contradicted immediately by the rest of the paragraph.

“…without a massive jump in reward” any jump in reward involving stats means it’s a gear treadmill. That’s the very definition of it. In a competitive game, almost no one likes to fight with one hand tied behind their back. So any stat increase becomes a must-have. Shiny things like skins, coloring etc. are optional. Stats are not.

“…time to acquire them” Again, that means treadmill. We were sold the premise that we acquire top of the line gear once (as far as stats go) and that was it. This is totally the opposite of that.

“…will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months” They are already starting 10 weeks after release. Maybe they meant to say they will be adding new tier of gear LESS than every 3 months?

(edited by Eder.9120)

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

I have a very strong feeling that the following quote from Mike O’Brien from:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-31-guild-wars-2-interview-the-boss-obrien-on-launch-growing-pains-reviews-and-patches

will not be how Guild Wars 2 is remembered – unless a lot of work is done to the game (and that work is NOT new Ascended items).

“I’d like to read that Guild Wars 2 is the game that lived up to what it said it was going to do,” Mike O’Brien told me. "That Guild Wars 2 was the game that offers a really living world; that players can come together and accomplish great things together in the world; that it’s truly a cooperative game; that the things that push people apart in other online worlds don’t exist in Guild Wars 2; and that it has the strong storytelling and exciting combat.

“Basically, the things that have been in our manifesto forever; the things that we promised players that we would deliver then; the things that we didn’t release the game until it was ready because that’s what we wanted to get right – all the things that we’ve been promising.

“I hope players recognise that we said we would create a world like that, and that we did create a world like that,” O’Brien said. “People are going to come into the world and it’s not going to be their father’s MMO, so to speak, it’s not what players are used to, but it really is, I think, a fresh look at online worlds and a look that I think the industry needs in online worlds. We need to be trying new things, we need to be innovating. And that’s what I hope players recognise that Guild Wars 2 is doing.”

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

No, no and no.

Sad to say, can’t believe all the excitement was crushed in only one update…

Suggestion: remove stat increase, as said over 439875094759374573489574389579348 times already.

:)

Posted by: Lyru.9380

Lyru.9380

“Here’s what we believe: If someone wants to play for a thousand hours to get an item that is so rare that other players can’t realistically acquire it, that rare item should be differentiated by its visual appearance and rarity alone, not by being more powerful than everything else in the game. Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Destroyed by Ascended Gear.

“Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.”

Again, destroyed by Ascended Gear.

“Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it
doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun;”

Was already destroyed before Ascended Gear, but whatever, now it’s even further destroyed by Ascended Gear.

To whoever came up with the idea of Ascended Gear, congratulations on coming up with the most kittening kitten kittenhit idea that undermines the game’s entire basic philosophy.

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

i had never read the manifesto, and honestly didnt even know it existed. after reading it though i’d have to say: ehhh, No, and ehhh again. the ehhh’s are me not 100% sure.
It would take 6-7 days to get a full armor lvl 80 armor set, which isnt to bad if you consider how much time you’ve already spent playing the game. After that then you’d spend the rest of your time hunting, call it grinding if you want, to get the looks for the armor that you wanted. but it would also take 6-7 days to get weapons, assuming 4 total weapons main/OH. and again skins. It can get pretty grindy but really theres nothing else to do.
the 2nd one is just a flat out no. ignoring that legendary items are weapons only atm, exotics are stronger then rares. just like rares are stronger then w/e greens are called, and so on and so on. and to get them you do have to get on that treadmill. Every game where you lvl up a character has it, there’s no escaping it. putting that in there was a mistake IMO.
last one is an “ehhh” because everyone has their own opinions of fun. the PvE’er, the PvP’er, the guy who wants all the money, the guy who wants all the fat loots. I know i personally did not find dungeons fun when i was under geared at all. now that i’m more appropriately geared they’re not as bad, but still not my cup of tea. WvW isnt much different. going in at lower lvls and just getting rolled isnt what i would call fun. IMO WvW is much more fun when you’re lvl 80 and geared more appropriately. so saying "it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun;” is another poor wording choice because their idea of fun is not always our idea of fun.
All in all i’d say they’re right on the border of being all No’s though. clever wording and the fact that you can acquire your gear quickly and consistently prevents it from being a major grind fest, but not by much. They are on the brink of falling down the slope of grind-fests though..

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Not even. The grind in WoW I think is actually more enjoyable because you are getting more “upgrades” along the way that you need to face challenges that are just a tiny bit harder. In WoW the grind might be longer and higher, but there are more steps along the way. In GW2 the grind is like three gigantic and long steps.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: mordred.4610

mordred.4610

all lies
this company is now blacklisted,wont ever see another dime.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The quoted material in the top post — Where is it published?

Posted by: ohac.8720

ohac.8720

Yes, legendaries are skins only there are no stat changes, well not sense the new patch release yesturday, thou I have yet to see stat changes there was mention from devs they would be adjusted and in so Legendary would indeed be almost the worst grind in an MMO to date. However, prior to these “updates” , GW2 was very close to GW1 in gear progressions.

But on the main topic really, the issue many of us have with these “changes” is they left the stats in for WvWvW. Anyone thinking this was a mistake is kidding themselves, this is a money grab.

My guild had a meeting on this last night, the total concensus is, “If we find in the future after those people grind days and days for this new gear then come into WvWvW and there is a crazy differance, we are gone”.. basicly if it un-balances WvWvW to a point that it’s not worth playing , we are gone. This is my guilds main source of entertaiment beyond the socializing guilds bring, so if this gets un-balanced to a point one is “forced” to do a grind to make it playable, well there you go.

edit: BTW… Eder.9120, great post, you hit it perfectly. This is progressional grind period. There is no if, and’s or buts about it. The only thing we (my guild and myself) are waiting on is how bad the differances are. If the one item shown in the game is an indication, a full set will = a good advantage and now “leagendary skins” are “legendary stats” so yeah, this wait and see for myself and my guild might be for not.

Tracker Maximous, Guardious Maximous, Arcanious Maximous, [DH] DragonHorn Officer
http://www.dragonhorn.net

(edited by ohac.8720)

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

A lot has change in ANet after the manifesto was made.

Posted by: jero.2795

jero.2795

This thread is hilarious.

Posted by: Curlybaby.6258

Curlybaby.6258

Not even. The grind in WoW I think is actually more enjoyable because you are getting more “upgrades” along the way that you need to face challenges that are just a tiny bit harder. In WoW the grind might be longer and higher, but there are more steps along the way. In GW2 the grind is like three gigantic and long steps.

Why do I keep seeing words like “upgrades” and “harder” from “elitists” and pro-gear treadmill lovers. It is not an “upgrade” people. It is a cosmetic upgrade with higher stats. And those mobs you’re fighting are not really “harder,” they are just mobs with higher health pools and ready for this? … cosmetic upgrades!

Such a simple concept, so readily ignored by gear treadmill lovers.

We are not hamsters!

(edited by Curlybaby.6258)

Posted by: Godorn.2931

Godorn.2931

Didn’t know where to post to find an answer to this question. Can you get a refund if you did not purchase the Head Start? Also, does any refund include subsequent purchases of gems?

If you can, where do I need to go to start this process.

Posted by: mordred.4610

mordred.4610

Didn’t know where to post to find an answer to this question. Can you get a refund if you did not purchase the Head Start? Also, does any refund include subsequent purchases of gems?

If you can, where do I need to go to start this process.

yes you can,currently the window for refunds is 6 mnths,you start the request with the “support” tab at the very top of the screen.

takes about 5 min to do,did mine last night.

as far as gem refunds, pretty sure that would be a no though,just the initial game cost ($59.99)

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

It is a cosmetic upgrade with higher stats.

This by definition isn’t cosmetic upgrade.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Love the Manifesto—it’s why I bought GW2. However, it’s clear since patch that the game no longer evolves under the stated design philosophy. That is, the manifesto neither guides the development nor reflects the nature of Guild Wars the game. My preference would be for Anet to reverse their reversal of philosophy. The second best option would be to remove the manifesto from all sites over which they have control.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So someone on another thread was talking about a second bullet point, in this bullet point they claimed that one of the head devs addressed the armor being only from dungeons issue with this patch and said that it would be available from other means keeping in line with the horizontal progression (crafting karma etc.)

Can anyone confirm he said this? I have yet to see anything on it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!