Zommoros told me a secret

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malcheor.7645

Malcheor.7645

I currently have Mad Memoires parts I-III but I can’t seem to get any more of these :/
(got them all this morning)

How did you go about getting the first three?

Posted by: Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Aenia Shadowforce.9148

If merchants were chasing him it is undoubly item that is beaing sold somewhere in bay, regularly patroled b guards. The sold item is being considered a part of heritage of townsfolk, and is wulnerable to water, am I right?

Posted by: Bestefar.6427

Bestefar.6427

Can it be something from one of these merchants here?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hooligan%27s_Route

Or here? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Undermarket

heritage maybe has something to do with the HoM?

maybe not…

Posted by: Sarasv.8962

Sarasv.8962

I had just bought the hall of monuments stone from one of the skritt, I thought that was kinda strange that a skritt would be selling that. I dunno, we’ll see

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

I had just bought the hall of monuments stone from one of the skritt, I thought that was kinda strange that a skritt would be selling that. I dunno, we’ll see

is selling it there, because in that place there was a pirate before Lion’s Arch got destroyed, that also sold that stone. its just a location for the stone, I don’t think that the npc that sells it has anything to do with it

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Sarasv.8962

Maybe not but there were some ghosts and xunlai chests there that I had not seen there before. So I have no idea, plus new item creations have been created before with pre-existing items in the game. I don’t think anyone should dis-include recycling already implemented items in the game simply because of something new. Mawdrey was a good example

Posted by: Alcyone.8695

Alcyone.8695

I currently have Mad Memoires parts I-III but I can’t seem to get any more of these :/
(got them all this morning)

How did you go about getting the first three?

Thinking about it, I doubt these have anything to do with it—I think their presence is a bug. Candy-powered matter meters don’t work and these books don’t show up in the forge. At best they’re unrelated to this.

That being said, if you look up on the wiki where those first three NPCs are supposed to be, they show up there from time to time. I’m not sure what the trigger is anymore, but lurking and watching will get them to turn up.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Could be one of the jars, like twister in a jar?

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

Maybe not but there were some ghosts and xunlai chests there that I had not seen there before. So I have no idea, plus new item creations have been created before with pre-existing items in the game. I don’t think anyone should dis-include recycling already implemented items in the game simply because of something new. Mawdrey was a good example

I agree with you but, the xunlai and ghosts were always there since the beginning. and Mawdrey was build using new items that were introduced with the living story and it relates to it

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

(edited by Creativewild.6319)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I just must say, this is fascinating to read and watch people theory craft something.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is interesting that Samson has new dialogue. Not sure what we are supposed to find in the Durmand Priory, if anything.

The Mystery continues….it’s fantastic!

More of this in the future, dear Devs….please!

Posted by: Jodade.2794

Jodade.2794

legendary armor

Sarasv.8962

I agree with you but, the xunlai and ghosts were always there since the beginning. and Mawdrey was build using new items that were introduced with the living story and it relates to it

Oh I know but what I mean is also in tangent with the new items were using already preexisting resources in said recipes. So it may include new items & old ones. I think we will have to do a bit more thinking outside the box personally.

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Just some ideas…

John Smith.4610

edit 2 is referencing this thread existing.

Could simply be thread of some kind – Silk Weaving perhaps?

John Smith.4610

bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today

References to daily crafting?

Bloodstone Bricks/Blocks? people have abundance of them and its an every day thing.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

This is my bet on what it is.

Remove the spaces and post in game chat
[ &AgEqBwEAAA== ]
[ &AgEsBwEAAA== ]
[ &AgEvBwEAAA== ]
[ &AgEtBwEAAA== ]

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

(edited by RainbowSyrup.4130)

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Patch notes sais those trinkets dropped from tot bags…

Trick-or-treat bags have been updated with loads of new items, including:

New exotic amulets with unusual gems.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Is it a recipe that allows me to buy less than 400 gems with gold? Am I close?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Zammoros said “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”

Grab your wallet and hide the kids – you’re about to be taken for everything you own.

SBI

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

I got this Oontz’s necklace of the Cat from a ToT bag and it has a curious upgrade:
Poly-Liminescent Undulating Refractor (Black)
when equipped it makes your character much darker.
Might these upgrades be the new items? (Black) hints at other colors or even effects that we can have based on the upgrade.

Also you can salvage the Necklace probably giving you the upgrade but i’m too scared to salvage it :P

Attachments:

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

edit 3 (in story form): Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.

Couldn’t this be Ectoplasm? It is ghostly, and I’m sure holding a glob of it would feel weird.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a green one, as well. And 2 other colors. I don’t know what effect they have.

Edit: One other color…orange. Halloween colors – black, green, orange. The 4th item is Oont’z Necklace, whatever that is, exactly. Oh, it’s supposed to have some spectral luminescence, or something. Might be cool.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

Hmm..there’s a Mysterious Fog down in the sewers under LA. When you talk to it/him/her, you say (as an Asura, anyway) ‘What happened to you?’ It isn’t you that says this, but the Fog, as it turns out.

Then the Mysterious Fog disappears, and you can ‘Interact’, and do the picking up animation, but my character didn’t seem to pick anything up. Strange….

Edit: After Mysterious Fog passes a particular place, a ‘Suspicious Area’ (or Suspicious something) appears, and that is what you can interact with, and subsequently do the ‘picking up’ animation. Still picked up nothing that I can see…

More edits: The ‘Mysterious Fog’ says different things if you follow it/him/her…one of which is ‘Wanna play?’, giving the impression it is a child.

could it be … Polla? i remember there is this free items from gemstore during dragon bash, the description was “This well-worn doll belonged to Cobiah Marriner’s little sister, Biviane, who had her young life taken from her under the piers of Lion’s Arch” . maybe it’s that little girl ghost O_o?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polla

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I got this Oontz’s necklace of the Cat from a ToT bag and it has a curious upgrade:
Might these upgrades be the new items? (Black) hints at other colors or even effects that we can have based on the upgrade.

Also you can salvage the Necklace probably giving you the upgrade but i’m too scared to salvage it :P

Ah, I was wondering how to get those refractor items that that_shaman datamined.

[&AgEqBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Green)

[&AgEsBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Orange)

[&AgEvBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Black)

Hopefully more get put on the TP as the event goes on. I’ve been having ‘bad’ luck with getting anything good out of the ToT bags.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: mark.6045

mark.6045

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Something actually not from the gem store? Great! Zommoros for the win.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

obviously, these are weapons from Halloween 2012. And he will give them to random folks.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: LumpOfCole.4701

LumpOfCole.4701

If the Oontz Necklace makes you darker, and this secret recipe requires a Ghostly Doubloon and an Oontz Necklace, then maybe the secret item makes your character appear all ghostly instead of darker.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So…did anyone find anything/any clues in the Durmand Priory?

Sarasv.8962

So…did anyone find anything/any clues in the Durmand Priory?

I got nothing, I went to LA like Samson’s ghost says, no dice. I figure it’s bugged/disabled, just like the Relinquary Story mission

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok..thx for the info. =)

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

“an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable”

Could this be piles of putrid essence as they drop from undead (orr), and putrid essence seems to imply they are some type of refuse. Don’t look into this too much though as I have a vested interest in piles of putrid essence https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/A-goal-completed/first#post4048077

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried.

The only item I’m aware of that is cylindrical in shape is a dowel. We also had mention of this “thread” existing. My guess so far: Spool of silk weaving thread or Gossamer thread plus Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel or Orichalcum Plated Dowel. These items could easily turn into a necklace or earrings.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Very nice John, you’ve offically piqued my interested with the story bits.

To sum up of what I get out of these clues:
“Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.”

-Its an expensive NPC merchant item (John Smith: “the mentioning of copper isn’t intended as additional information”)
-It’s part of a guaranteed recipe, not RNG.
-It’s of a ghostly nature.

“Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.”

-He is in a city/town/village that is prosperous enough to have both merchants AND guards.
-The place is of a dubious cultural heritage, one that the locals feel VERY strongly about.
-The item is something mundane, yet has enough significance to cause problems, and closely guarded.
-He needs to travel at least some portion underwater to get to it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Skoomagott.6140

Skoomagott.6140

The only item I’m aware of that is cylindrical in shape is a dowel. We also had mention of this “thread” existing. My guess so far: Spool of silk weaving thread or Gossamer thread plus Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel or Orichalcum Plated Dowel. These items could easily turn into a necklace or earrings.

A dowel is neither sealed nor is it a case. I doubt there is a connection here.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

A dowel is neither sealed nor is it a case. I doubt there is a connection here.

My thought was that the dowel was inside the case, hence the case being dowel shaped.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I don’t believe that the “Edit 2” you are referring to is actually a hint. I think the first “hint” was very explicit in that the item has nothing to do with minis. The real hints are the clues in the story.

Of course, I could be wrong and I’m sure I will be corrected if it is a hint.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Broken Flute could be cylindrical and kept in a case. No bay in sight near ebonhawke though…

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Has anybody checked out the Ascalonian settlement? its close to water, and from the clues its a little far for guards to be chasing someone down for an item(to be close to water at least), and being Ascalonian they would be very touchy of how they came there and what items they brought with them.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Very nice John, you’ve offically piqued my interested with the story bits.

To sum up of what I get out of these clues:
“Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.”

-Its an expensive NPC merchant item (John Smith: “the mentioning of copper isn’t intended as additional information”)
-It’s part of a guaranteed recipe, not RNG.
-It’s of a ghostly nature.

“Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.”

-He is in a city/town/village that is prosperous enough to have both merchants AND guards.
-The place is of a dubious cultural heritage, one that the locals feel VERY strongly about.
-The item is something mundane, yet has enough significance to cause problems, and closely guarded.
-He needs to travel at least some portion underwater to get to it.

It sounds more like the first item is a recipe (written on paper and carefully rolled up so it doesn’t get damaged). The second item sounds like it’s nothing crazy special but that they are sensitive about it because it’s tied to the heritage of the NPCs selling it. Near a bay makes me think Hylek.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

edit 3 (in story form): Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.

Try this: the Ghostly Doubloon

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghostly_Doubloon

It’s ghostly and purchased from a merchant.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

pdavis.8031

My own thoughts concerning the second story bit.

I am leaning towards LA, however, I don’t see the locals being very sensitive about their heritage. I get the feeling that they are rather proud of it in fact. The only group of people I can think of off the top of my head that would be sensitive about their heritage would either be Charr renegades/separatists/gladiums or the Zephyrites. But I could be wrong on both aspects.

“Two more blocks”: I really don’t think that this refers to distance, but rather two more items that are needed to complete the second part of the recipe. I also feel that this paticular item is under heavy guard, and might be a reward drop from some sort of group event.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Divinity’s Reach is on the edge of three lakes (Lake Regent and Lake Doric we cannot access, and then the Lake in Queensdale made by a dam) and a riven (made by the eastern dam). Ascalonians care a LOT about their heritage – just talk to the NPCs throughout Rurikton and Ebonhawke.

Maybe the second item is sold by a Rurikton merchant. Anything unique being sold by them?

The item would be a sealed cylindrical case. Which could mean a bottled liquid, or a container for a scroll or the like.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Ah, I was wondering how to get those refractor items that that_shaman datamined.

[&AgEqBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Green)

[&AgEsBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Orange)

[&AgEvBwEAAA==] Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Black)

Hopefully more get put on the TP as the event goes on. I’ve been having ‘bad’ luck with getting anything good out of the ToT bags.

Wonder if you can use the mystic forge and upgrade that amulet to ascended, And also wonder if the Refractors can be combined to make something….totally not related to whatever this new item is I bet, but still something to think about.

pdavis.8031

Divinity’s Reach is on the edge of three lakes (Lake Regent and Lake Doric we cannot access, and then the Lake in Queensdale made by a dam) and a riven (made by the eastern dam). Ascalonians care a LOT about their heritage – just talk to the NPCs throughout Rurikton and Ebonhawke.

Maybe the second item is sold by a Rurikton merchant. Anything unique being sold by them?

The item would be a sealed cylindrical case. Which could mean a bottled liquid, or a container for a scroll or the like.

While I agree that Ascalonians care very much about their heritage, it seems its mostly a sense of pride, and not so much one of sensitivity, in that it’s not something they are ashamed of, which is how I read the text.
From the wiki: “The residents pride both their ancestry, especially their hero ancestors, as well as having immense pride for Ascalon.”

As far as the item in question being sold by a merchant, then why would it need to be stolen? Granted he is being chased by merchants and guards for a failed thievery attempt, but this leads me to believe that something mundane that holds such value wouldn’t be sold by them, but rather treasured and almost like a “holy” icon for them.
Is there any place where merchants are held in high regard and likely the center for power?

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

“the sealed, cylindrical case”
You know… this really feel like he is talking about a black lion chest. Well, for me every hint lead me to this item at least. (merchant, large city with water, sealed, and very common object)

Edit : I checked black lion chest can’t be used on the forge sorry for the bother
Edit 2 : On the other hand, basic salvage kit and crude salvage kit can now be used in the mystic forge

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

pdavis.8031

Also as a point of interest in Rurikton a converstation between 2 scholars:

Scholar: Find anything good?
Scholar (2): Yes! I found some rather remarkable scrolls about a group of adventurers some centuries ago.
Scholar (2): They escaped Ascalon right before the Searing, crossed the Kingdom of Kryta, joined and betrayed the White Mantle, and even faced a lich lord!
Scholar: Wow. Maybe someday, we’ll meet heroes like that.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

As far as the item in question being sold by a merchant, then why would it need to be stolen?

He spent all his money on the first item.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

“an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable”

Could this be piles of putrid essence as they drop from undead (orr), and putrid essence seems to imply they are some type of refuse. Don’t look into this too much though as I have a vested interest in piles of putrid essence https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/A-goal-completed/first#post4048077

Maybe something with the ettin refuse piles (Timberline I think?) also. Or do those only spawn during an event?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“the sealed, cylindrical case”
You know… this really feel like he is talking about a black lion chest. Well, for me every hint lead me to this item at least. (merchant, large city with water, sealed, and very common object)

Edit : I checked black lion chest can’t be used on the forge sorry for the bother
Edit 2 : On the other hand, basic salvage kit and crude salvage kit can now be used in the mystic forge

. . . the shape of a Black Lion Chest isn’t cylindrical.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Also, I think people are back to over-thinking it, or chasing red herrings from overly literal interpretations.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.