poss loot drop fix, check your clocks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Hey everyone, I’m here to help clear up some of the confusion on this issue!

First, our apologies for the inaccurate response: your system clock does not affect your loot drops (sorry, conspiracy theorists). We’ve corrected this information for future responses.

If you’re not receiving loot from a champ/vet, it’s most likely because you’re not getting kill credit. We’re currently working on some improvements to this so that it will be easier to get rewards when you kill a creature.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Nice joke!

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

If you’re not receiving loot from a champ/vet, it’s most likely because you’re not getting kill credit. We’re currently working on some improvements to this so that it will be easier to get rewards when you kill a creature.

Oh, I get it. So while I thought I was killing those vets on my own, it was my invisible friend taking kill cred and getting that loot.

Seems legit.(!)

I think you also may need to correct that inaccurate response to bad loot/no loot drops.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Edit: next monthly the WvWvW kills comes back yet again. I am not getting my monthly next month it seems unless they change this.

Very, very disappointing to hear. I’m getting my monthly this month for the first time and I’m rather excited I did it.

Sad they are going to go back to forcing those of us who do not like PvP into PvP.

Oh well, at least I got to do 1 monthly. Maybe this one will come back around on rotation again sometime.

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

Yikes, out of the frying pan and into the fire lol…

I’ve soloed numerous champions and vets and got nothing but a single blue item once or twice and usually nothing at all but some junk XP, so I’m not sure what you mean by kill credit.

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

If you are not getting loot, it’s most likely from a broken system, not the player

I think this is what Jason was trying to say, but in a corporate way.

“Working on improvements” could mean they don’t know why rewards aren’t always working, and are trying to find the bugs in their system which cause this problem.

Sometimes they can’t identify/fix the bugs and just push a workaround, like with just keeping the Arah Gates open most of the time because they can’t design stable events leading to it.

Mobs properly dropping loot should be an “MMO 101” core competency though >.>

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

First, our apologies for the inaccurate response: your system clock does not affect your loot drops (sorry, conspiracy theorists). We’ve corrected this information for future responses.

So…all those times I’ve SOLOED a champ/vet and 1/2 the time no loot i didn’t get kill credit?

Umm…wrong, nobody was around, fully solo a champ from 100% to dead for 8minutes and no loot is a obvious flaw in loot system, and nothing to do will kill credit.

Please i implore you to investigate loot issues and make it more…..rewarding, I don’t feel rewarded by playing this game at all.

Also, why am i getting level 11 drops at level 80 in a 50 zone?

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Jason, could it be that the “no kill credit” thing affects not only the champ/ vets?

Could it be the reason that some players do not enough dps to receive kill credit and so receive less loot, which causes the loot issue experienced by some players?

The system on getting kill credit seems to be a little messed up. So maybe people do damage on (any open world) foes (not just champs/ vets) and get xp, medals, …, but they do not enough damage (?) on them. This leads to “no kill credit” and that again influences the loot they receive (like you said about the loot from vet/ champs).

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I’m sorry Jason but this isn’t it. I have soloed many champions and did not get any loot. My most recent case was that champion separatist that escapes from a prison in ebonhawke. Killing veterans with no loot also happens all the time.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Navi.7142

Is speed (how fast you kill an enemy) a factor for kill credit or loot?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@Navi – I think I have heard this argument once postulated somewhere else. It does seem to tie in if we aren’t getting ‘kill credit’ when we solo a vet/champ. How far of a stretch is it to tie this into any kind of mob?
Grouping = better quantity + quality
solo in low lvl areas = better quantity + quality (excluding the random low lvl drop)
dps centric build = better quantity + quality
Maybe there is some validity. I don’t want to jump into the realm of tinfoil hats just yet but I would also like some clarification as to how we are not receiving kill credit by soloing a vet/champ.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

I remember one time karka event – i received 0. Exactly 0 loot from all event I never received loot from champion karkas. Never!

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

That’s an odd answer.

The troll in queensdale rarely if ever drops loot for anyone. We know we get kill credit because we get credit for the event.

Am I missing something?

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

I have a friend who used to work at a call center for and ISP in the early days when it was about 50/50 between dial up and DSL. He said when he got really frustrated with a collar he would tell them to unplug their modem directly from the wall jack, not the back of the modem, and plug it back in.

Not because it fixed anything, but because a good chunk of the time the phone they were talking on was split from that same jack, and someone else would get the call when they called back.

Sometimes people demand answers that can’t be given. You just have to tell them something.

Navi.7142

That’s an odd answer.

The troll in queensdale rarely if ever drops loot for anyone. We know we get kill credit because we get credit for the event.

Am I missing something?

Maybe kill credit is not event credit? Could be an internal check for dropping loot.

Or kill credit = event credit, but it is messed up?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Maybe if you solo and kill the champ what should have happened was the champ killing you. That way the champ gets kill credit and loot. When you go against fate you lose?

Posted by: Darkrai.3596

Darkrai.3596

Had to post this. I mean what is this with not getting “kill credit” when soloing?

Attachments:

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

This is exactly what I thought was happening. There were HUGE problems with kill credit for daily events at the start of GW2. Then we had big problems with getting experience from kills in a group. The loot drops issue is just another ‘credit’ issue. Somehow people are not getting credit for the kill or the assist so no loot.

It can be clearly seen when they have the kill 5 Veterans daily event. It usually takes me killing 15 to 20 veterans (many of the SOLO!) before I get credit for 5. Even on those 5 I only get a drop once or twice.

I know the idea is to keep people from leaching off of others but the way it is done now is punishing people that are playing. It is a hard line to balance but I am sure they will get it fixed eventually.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Not sure what Jason has been smoking, but most of the people that complain about not getting loot from champions and veterans DO infact get kill credit.

They are not getting kill credit on the drop tables. They might get it for experience or for a DE but the drop table is not recognizing the kill credit.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

pass the dutchie pan the left hand side

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

(edited by innocens.1582)

Posted by: Governor Toothpaste.1582

Governor Toothpaste.1582

Can we have the requirements for ‘kill credit’?

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

What’s kill credit?

It must not be XP cause if it is then I’m laying waste to vets and champions all over Tyria without any loot.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Pretty sure if I almost kill a veteran, then get downed and respawn, then someone else comes and kills the veteran, I get the loot, not you. I have seen this on many events.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

This is exactly what I thought was happening. There were HUGE problems with kill credit for daily events at the start of GW2. Then we had big problems with getting experience from kills in a group. The loot drops issue is just another ‘credit’ issue. Somehow people are not getting credit for the kill or the assist so no loot.

It can be clearly seen when they have the kill 5 Veterans daily event. It usually takes me killing 15 to 20 veterans (many of the SOLO!) before I get credit for 5. Even on those 5 I only get a drop once or twice.

I know the idea is to keep people from leaching off of others but the way it is done now is punishing people that are playing. It is a hard line to balance but I am sure they will get it fixed eventually.

I wish I shared your optimism. Remember this, from the “Share your data about perceived drop behavior” thread?:

Just wanted to give a quick update on this topic. We’ve completed verifying every update from the november release, and there were zero changes to anything what so ever that would have negatively affected loot in any way/shape/form. We can officially confirm this as an X-files level conspiracy at this point.

We’re in the midst of evaluating every loot table in the game and running massive random roll evaluations table by table, as well as evaluating every system game wide that causes a player to qualify for items to determine if any issues exist in those systems from launch.

Will update again when we have another round of concrete information.

Whenever there are loot or DR issues brought up in these forums, they are met wth either silence or dismissiveness.

I’m not sure the folks at ANet have any inkling of what happens in their game.

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

From what i’ve observed kill credit is the ratio of damage that you have done compared to everyone else;
i have already posted in the relevant forum sections about this. From what i have observed this is just ONE of many factors that determine loot (frequency and rarity)
But if i’ve solo’d a champ and not got loot then obviously the kill credit is ‘broken’.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Maybe, just maybe, this is what some people are seeing happening with loot in general. We can hope that this will give Anet a direction, a starting point to solving the issue for all including the Vets/Champs. (EDIT: clarification- solo kills)
Can you imagine if it is related to DPS? Tyria won’t be so diverse any longer.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

If you’re on the Internet, why aren’t you using a time server to set your time? Windows has been able to do that for at least a decade, and I’m pretty sures it’s the default setting on new machines.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Does this include vets in WvW? Cause I solo them all the time and usually get nothing.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Jason, this is blatantly false, and anyone who has been playing the game recently could tell you that. You may want to correct this information for future responses, too.

And it may help the company’s general PR standing to stop giving false information to us in public responses in the first place. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’re a good guy and that you honestly didn’t know about this. But….the only way you couldn’t have known about this is if you haven’t been playing the game much. Because this has been a problem since the game’s release, and long after the patch notes claimed it was “fixed”.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Scenerio:
I solo’d a champion spider and received no loot at all.
This reason for no loot is no kill credit?
If solo killing the champion/vet doesn’t provide kill credit what will?

You took so long to solo the champion spider that it simply died of old age. Since it died by natural causes, you get no kill credit.

/anet

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

You’re incorrect on the last part, I’m afraid. For example, the champ event after plinx. I seldom get a drop from it even when I get a medal for helping. I seriously spend five or so minutes killing it to get no loot. I don’t think it’s just kill credit that’s the issue.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

Loot = SNAFU.

Or am I heading back into tin-foil hat territory?

AS much as I hate to say it, maybe you guys at Anet should look at what Aion did as far as drop rates go. It was definitely a redeeming feature, though not enough to keep me playing beyond level 40, a few years ago. Or maybe rebrand to “ScroogeNet” if everything is working as you hoped, not that it’s (quite) that bad.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Posted by: QuartzMoped.2370

QuartzMoped.2370

Just for added clarification: Is there a bug that prevents one from getting kill credit, even if they were the only one killing the mob? Because I’ve soloed many vets recently and have received no drops more often than not.

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

it’s “pass the dutchie ’pon the left hand side” as in Upon, shortened

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

it’s “pass the dutchie ’pon the left hand side” as in Upon, shortened

Hilariously, this post contains the most accurate information in the entire thread. SMH.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

I spent yesterday killing Veteran and Champion mobs with the specific aim of doing it solo. I recorded 19 kills and disregarded the further 14 that were not solo as other player(s) ended up joining in even if just for a second. I can positively guarantee those 19 were completely solo.
I received absolutely no loot whatsoever on 7 occasions, 3 drops were grey vendor trash items worth a few copper and the remaining 9 were a mix of mostly blue items, crafting materials and some greens.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Previous

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

Hi everyone,

This thread is quickly descending into off-topic discussions so I’m going to close it. We’re continuing our investigation into players’ reports of potential issues with item drops. We will give an update about the results of these investigations as soon as we’ve gathered all the information.

Thanks.