we need 1000+ hours rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jco.6031

Jco.6031

For those players that play a lot and support the game, there should be exclusive rewards, like increased chance for precursors and some really cool prestigious armour and weapon skins. I’ve played heaps and never have i ever got a precursor and then there are these people with 200 hours that get precursors. oh and maybe even finishers, titles, armour repairs cost nothing and gold and gems.

Thanks for reading

Attachments:

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

disagree greatly, the time you played can just as much be 30% AFK.
also, someone that doesn’t have 5+ hours to play a game should never ever have something out of reach, time played doesn’t earn anyone a reward and never should.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

For those players that … support the game

You mean people who buy from gemstore? Yeah, they get rewards. People who have bought the product – the game – and don’t fund through the gemstore don’t deserve anything more, regardless of how many hours they’ve sunk in.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

As I am approaching the 2,000 hrs mark, I agree completely…

Never had a precursor drop.

Never had a ascended drop.

Had perhaps 10 exotics drop in all that time.

Most valuble drop a dye worth 40 gold.

2nd most valuble drop a exotic worth 3-4 gold.

RNG sucks big time in Guild Wars 2. GW2 is just plain unrewarding.

If you care about rewards why bother with GW2? Your just wasting your time…

Btw I never AFK. So the nearly 2,000 hrs is real active play time…

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

You mean people who buy from gemstore? Yeah, they get rewards. People who have bought the product – the game – and don’t fund through the gemstore don’t deserve anything more, regardless of how many hours they’ve sunk in.

I think more stuff should be earned through in-game achievements, not by paying for it.

Anyway, as another poster had said, people could just afk a LOT and get rewards for literally doing nothing. If you have that much time to play then use that time to get rewards you want.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

While it would be unfair to suggest that ANet share this attitude, given the abundance of extra content given free, it seems worryingly close to whoever is running the gem store itself.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMORPG. Without players, the game would die. The people who populate worlds, engage in chat, participate in world/guild events, run their own events, compete in WvW and PvP, stand around looking pretty, and tell their friends about it are the reason that the game isn’t just a story campaign about an NPC with a strangely non-linear map between chapters. Giving money to support the game is excellent, and I encourage it (though again, whoever is running the gemstore is working hard to discourage it lately), but that doesn’t make everyone else worthless.

That said, AFKers make 1,000 hours rewards a bad idea. Achievement rewards, do the job just fine. Though perhaps a little more variation in the “big” milestone rewards might be nice, after about 10k you pretty much just get everything you didn’t want the first time around.

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Hmm, what should I get then?

I’ve played nearly 3000 hours since head start, and spent 10 times more than the average person on gems, total of about £400+ ($800) and yeah still not a hint of a pre.

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Never had a ascended drop…

What do you mean? I got three ascended rings in five Lvl11 fractal runs from the daily chest.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Never had a ascended drop…

What do you mean? I got three ascended rings in five Lvl11 fractal runs from the daily chest.

I think he means Ascended weapons or armor. Rings drop by the trillion from FOTM, but these drop very rarely.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

You think you have it bad… After all this time I’ve had no precursors, 1 ascended weapon drop (can’t sell, can’t salvage, was useless stats). And the best drop I’ve ever gotten that I could sell was an Abyss dye.

Not right Anet…not right.

Attachments:

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

:) Seeing as if we’re playing Hours Played Top Trumps….

(p.s. I still have not legendary either!)

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So you have people with mini-bots standing around LA all day while at work or school irl in order to buff their logged hours numbers. Too easy to abuse sadly.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

pff 1.6k hours and complaining…. xD

there are thousands of players who have 3k+ hours and have no precursor drop yet

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

They made this already — it’s the achievement panel.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

People must be foolish to believe they need all these expensive drops to afford something worth a kitten . There is more to the game than a bloody precursor drop.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

GW2 isn’t about drop guys. Its about gold that you accumulate to buy what you want and frankly that’s a way better system than the usual MMORPG.

I never drop a precursor. I don’t care i don’t go for the mystic toilet even for some people that a awesome way to gain money and precursor.

I drop some nice exotic from time to time. Dropped the Entropy once and a couple exotic with expensive runes in it, but thats rare.

I never dropped a expensive dye. Well that’s on me i never use any unidentified dye since they reach 10silver and more about a year ago.

I never drop a ascended chest even if i’m playing in the high level since the beginning.

I played the TP for about 100 gold, but then stop because i found that boring.

I bought some gem from unlimited gathering tools and copper feed salvage machine, but never for gold.

But still after 1500 hours i have 7 toons in full exotic/ascended. 1 in full ascended. 2 Legendary and a commander tag. I repeat, GW2 is not about drop but about the gold you get rewarded and you use that gold to buy what you want. Hell, in my guild even some casual player started to craft their legendary, they are not that hard. If you complain about the reward in GW2, then its because you do it wrong.

Anyway, i know that some part of the game are not that rewarding compare to other. The TP, dungeon and champ farming are really rewarding while WvW, sPvP and open world event, not that much. Some balance could be work on, its true.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

This is what the AP rewards are for.

rewarding time-in-game is silly as it has no direct connection to effort or accomplishment, someone could’ve been afk for half that time.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

GW2 isn’t about drop guys. Its about gold that you accumulate to buy what you want and frankly that’s a way better system than the usual MMORPG.

in the meantime, it’s still more based on high end gear, just like any other MMORPG out there…..

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

For those players that play a lot and support the game, there should be exclusive rewards, like increased chance for precursors and some really cool prestigious armour and weapon skins. I’ve played heaps and never have i ever got a precursor and then there are these people with 200 hours that get precursors. oh and maybe even finishers, titles, armour repairs cost nothing and gold and gems.

Thanks for reading

While I agree there should be an achievement when reaching a play time milestone, what do you want to get? The only thing should be a title, no gear. The reason I say this is because of what was already posted, there’s no way to prove you were active. Now, if you created a combo where it said you’ve reached 1000 hours AND you have at least 5000 AP, that would suggest a lot of work but achievement points are already rewarded.

As far as never getting something that only drops once out of 100,000 drops, that reeks of entitlement and “deserving” that carrot. If you are playing for the carrot, you are playing for the wrong reason, IMO.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Isnt that the birthday present? As useless as it is, still a reward for hours.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

“We need a rewrd for [x]” where [x] = “a thing I just did”

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

also, someone that doesn’t have 5+ hours to play a game should never ever have something out of reach, time played doesn’t earn anyone a reward and never should.

This.

If they implemented something like the OP wants, then you’d have a ridiculous amount of AFKers standing around. Making sure they come back to move their character every 30 minutes or so. If anything, there could be a title involved, but no other rewards should be given just for time played.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

not really, it’s calendar based. you could have 5 minutes of time on one character and still get a bday present.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Nope, it is for days.
If you have played 3 hours in the last 375 days, you will get the present.

I have 1.6k hours, 0 precursors drop and all that complaining people are posting, but I don’t think rewards based on game hours would be a good idea. That would incentive people get afk.
The achievement chests and the small rewards you get sometimes from buying gems are good so far.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Jco.6031

ok i get the AFK thing but there are ways around it, if theres a will theres a way right?

Jco.6031

The thing is that alot of people dont wanna work for the precursor and think it should drop for them . Just work for it and you will have, thats what we all did instead if crying about RNG.

1000 hours is enough to get at least 10 precursor by playing the game . If you played 1000 hours and still have no precursor review your farming methods.

It took me 3 weeks to buy dusk for 850g , thats not even 100 hours.

I don’t like the asian mmo’s with lots of grind, thats why guild wars stood out. I like my wvw and pve but with gold so hard to obtain it forces you to farm dungeons and frost-gorge and thats not fun nor the picture the devs had for the game. why do they keep nerfing gold farming spots?

(edited by Jco.6031)

Jco.6031

thank you, someone that understands me

Jco.6031

pff 1.6k hours and complaining…. xD

there are thousands of players who have 3k+ hours and have no precursor drop yet

“there are thousands of players who have 3k+ hours and have no precursor drop yet” exactly

Posted by: Vrak.2193

Vrak.2193

Tbh I wouldn’t mind some extra rewards! I have just over 1007 hours played but it was all spent in spvp so all I have to show for it are 2.5k achiv points and a handful of armour sets for each armour type…few weapon skins…41 rank points that basically do nothing. Not even any skill points to unlock the new healing abilities

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’m wondering…did you guys really tried to get them ? I have over 2k of hours, but I’m not complaining. I didn’t even spend 2 hours trying to actively get a precursor. And I didn’t even spend half my time actively farming for anything.

You shouldn’t get a bonus simply based on the time you play (or sit afk, or RP in LA). Just like time gating shouldn’t exist.

Cassocaster.4576

Tbh I wouldn’t mind some extra rewards! I have just over 1007 hours played but it was all spent in spvp so all I have to show for it are 2.5k achiv points and a handful of armour sets for each armour type…few weapon skins…41 rank points that basically do nothing. Not even any skill points to unlock the new healing abilities

If you park yourself in an arena for all of your game time, you haven’t explored and more than half of the achievements are geared towards exploration, killing different creatures and completion of events and hearts.

I have 2250 hours in game, I’ve gotten one precursor (Zap), about 50 exotic drops and a handful of super rare dyes. But, drops come from fighting and if you don’t fight outside the arena, nothing will drop to you at all (for example I have every slayer achievement except Jotuns and Giants, that’s around 20K documented creature kills, each with the chance for a drop).

Your rewards are the fact that you don’t have to work for your gear, you go into PVP and have everything, it’s like God mode in Quake/Doom. This can lull a person into complacency outside that arena so rewards could seem pale in PvE in comparison.

No achievements in PvE means you haven’t earned those rewards…go fight the mobs!!!

Posted by: Vrak.2193

Vrak.2193

If you park yourself in an arena for all of your game time, you haven’t explored and more than half of the achievements are geared towards exploration, killing different creatures and completion of events and hearts.

I have 2250 hours in game, I’ve gotten one precursor (Zap), about 50 exotic drops and a handful of super rare dyes. But, drops come from fighting and if you don’t fight outside the arena, nothing will drop to you at all (for example I have every slayer achievement except Jotuns and Giants, that’s around 20K documented creature kills, each with the chance for a drop).

Your rewards are the fact that you don’t have to work for your gear, you go into PVP and have everything, it’s like God mode in Quake/Doom. This can lull a person into complacency outside that arena so rewards could seem pale in PvE in comparison.

No achievements in PvE means you haven’t earned those rewards…go fight the mobs!!!

I don’t care about drops, or pve for that matter. I am a pvp player You should be able to earn cool rewards regardless of what game mode you prefer to play. Thankfully spvp rewards have been improved slightly with more improvements to come.

Also your remarks about spvp are false; the system was designed the way it is to put people on an even level playing field for the sake of better balance. You’re still supposed to earn rewards hence rank points and Glory. Just saying

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

3k hours 6k achieves.

too much pvp/wvw :s

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No, we really don’t need rewards for a time sink. That’s just… well, stupid.

Reward people that can spend hours upon hours a day playing (and therefore getting more stuff by default) and penalizing those of us that have jobs, families, responsibilities (and probably are the ones actually funding this project)? I don’t think so.

What makes those people better than others? Absolutely nothing, that’s what. There is too much of this ‘reward me for sitting on my kitten and doing nothing all day’ mentality in the world today.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well, instead of hours spend in game, you get rewards for acquiring lots of achievement points, which is very similar, but not the same. Hours logged into the game is a bad counter to measure actual playtime, you might’ve been afk for 99% of it for all we know. APs do a much better job (not perfect though) at counting actual playtime. Of course there are those who actively seek them and will have more, and those who don’t care about them or do activities that don’t offer many (like WvW) but still it’s a better counter than hours played.

So, OP, go get some more APs

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

No, now stop being a spoiled little kid.
I’ve got loads of hours played.. I’ve rarely got anything… I’m not moaning.. I want something in game I’ll work for it.
Stop asking for freebies

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think there is some sort of code that those who support the gem store get better loot. Of course, everything is RNG and I might have my own tin foil hat on, but all 4 times I’ve gotten a precursor from a drop have been shortly after purchasing 20$+ in gems. However, I’ve bought A LOT of gems (so much so that I am too embarrassed to post my numbers) and I’ve certainly not gotten precursors every time.

But eh, maybe maybe.

I like the idea of the hours played, but I mean most of my hours have been spent socializing (because the whole game is a social thing for me) and not so much doing content.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Lucem Ferre.9205

Lucem Ferre.9205

Had perhaps 10 exotics drop in all that time. ..

I KNEW IT ! that I was Not ALoNe ! =D

Power To You !

Cassocaster.4576

Also your remarks about spvp are false; the system was designed the way it is to put people on an even level playing field for the sake of better balance. You’re still supposed to earn rewards hence rank points and Glory. Just saying

It was not meant in a derogatory manner though reading it back I can see how it could be interpreted in that fashion. What I meant was your exotic level gear is waiting for you there, in any combination, so a person can have their dream build without crafting, praying to RNG or buying it. As you know, the PvE or WvW environments don’t play by those same rules and the design of the game is meant to grind while exploring in order to get gold to upgrade in order to stay competitive.

Hence my comment on earning the achievements outside of PvP. I don’t expect anyone to restrict my comfort zone but I also don’t complain that people have 500+ AP from jumping puzzles and I am horrible at them so cannot earn those points without more work that I am used to.