would you like PVP in PVE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Polls are agasint the Forum rules (I believe).

But….NO.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

Honestly, I think a lot of the problem is that whenever any kind of PvP mode exists, Anet tries to incentivize people to play it. The surest way to guarantee that no incentives like POIs required for map completion, daily tasks, holiday events, etc. get tied to new PvP options is to not have any new PvP options added in the first place.

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

You make a mistake here, as I am not advocating the addition of something due to personal want, but more so due to the foreseeable benefits of the community as a whole ingame, upon which I have openly asked and been searching for a mechanical nonbiased reason as to why such an arena should not be included. So far every reply comes to “I don’t want it” or “Isn’t whats already in, enough?”

So where you bring personal opinion and pretend its okay to stifle what is a good chance would benefit the whole community and help PvP become far more accessible for those too intimidated, I bring facts and mechanical discussions on the possible pro’s and cons.

I hope this clarifies the inexplicable confusion you seem to be labouring under, that your personal opinion based arguments and my objectively measured ones are even near the same spectrum.

I wish you the best with your sensitivity to other’s perceived afflictions. o/

Gosh, its almost like some players believe PvP is good and a benefit that should be grown to improve the game for the majority, while other players believe PvP is bad and a toxic liability that should be kept isolated and quarantined to prevent it from further polluting the game for the majority.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Nope. There’s WvW for killing players in a PvE environment. Keep your competitive PvP stuff out of my PvE.

I know some people love that. I get it. You already got two game modes for it, so keep it out of my beloved, after work relaxation PvE.

Polka will never die

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

well PvP is structured,

Would be so nice to run around in your ascended wit full food and buffs and all infusions and just gank newbz and noobs 24/7 now would it? something with the beginning of a southpark episode…

If you’re running ful asc, you’d be about 1.05^6 (34%) times more powerfull then starters in rares and 1.05^3 (15.7%) times as powerfull as ppl in exotics. given same race, build and armor… not counting food and utility, infusions and stacks if you have ‘m, nor counting mights and other things others could stack for you, you could be 1500 power ahead and fighting people with 10% or less effective armor…Who do not care for PvP, are not prepared and couldn’t care… about pvp and wouldnot appreciate being chain ganked once people woud find out htey lack skill and/or equipment

It isn’t a challenge. It’s unwanted. It’s gamebreaking, It would be unfair and last of all It would destroy the concept of a cooperative and open PvE…

So I repeat my opinon: No if wouldn’t be fair, go wvw you can do so over there and people are prepared for you, most of the time. Or go PvP. Thats why it’s there.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Most MMO duelists that I have known are not hardcore PvP exclusive players. Those tend to, from what I have seen, focus their time/effort in more dedicated PvP content such as sPvP/tPvP.

Most of my experience of dueling/duelists has been players who spend their time playing PvE but desire either something to break up the sameness of PvE questing while they are out and about or something to do while waiting for an event/boss/whatever to be available. Instanced, separate, duel arenas not in the open world wont really do much for the two people wanting a duel while waiting for teq to spawn.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It adds nothing to either PvP or PvE.

Keep it in the mist where PvP belongs.

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

amazing how many people dont take the time to read the OP….smh

yes it absolutely does.
its thrilling to have to do your quests and always be looking over your shoulder waiting for someone to gank you. just one example.
i realize thats not everyones cup of tea but to say it adds nothing is asinine.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

And yet, it still isn’t PistolWhipSoft either. Irrespective of how vocal they’ve been about wanting this to be a competitive game, they seem to have made it quite cooperative. As much as they’re aspiring to make it an E-sport, that has no real relevance to whether or not naiasonod.9265 thinks open world pvp in any form is a good idea, wants it or has any use for it.

You make a mistake here, as I am not advocating the addition of something due to personal want, but more so due to the foreseeable benefits of the community as a whole ingame, upon which I have openly asked and been searching for a mechanical nonbiased reason as to why such an arena should not be included. So far every reply comes to “I don’t want it” or “Isn’t whats already in, enough?”

So where you bring personal opinion and pretend its okay to stifle what is a good chance would benefit the whole community and help PvP become far more accessible for those too intimidated, I bring facts and mechanical discussions on the possible pro’s and cons.

I hope this clarifies the inexplicable confusion you seem to be labouring under, that your personal opinion based arguments and my objectively measured ones are even near the same spectrum.

You have no facts to bring, however. Not a single one. You’re as grounded and flightless in the land of speculation and opinion as the rest of us, mate.

You might want to get used to it sooner rather than later. The conceit of believing your opinion to be objective fact is known by another name.

I’ll let you wrangle out what that’s called though. My concern for the infirmities of others only goes so far.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

No problem. It was unnecessarily contentious of me to do so and for that, I apologize.

It is big of you to apologize, and in kind I will apologize for my usage in retaliation.

As for the topic, I have been standoffish in my post towards you, but this isn’t due to a personal distaste for your character, it is more so due to a short fuse on the repetition of certain arguments against it that have been in my view answered in detail and coherently.

And yet, it still isn’t PistolWhipSoft either. Irrespective of how vocal they’ve been about wanting this to be a competitive game, they seem to have made it quite cooperative. As much as they’re aspiring to make it an E-sport, that has no real relevance to whether or not naiasonod.9265 thinks open world pvp in any form is a good idea, wants it or has any use for it.

You have no facts to bring, however. Not a single one. You’re as grounded and flightless in the land of speculation and opinion as the rest of us, mate.

You might want to get used to it sooner rather than later. The conceit of believing your opinion to be objective fact is known by another name.

I’ll let you wrangle out what that’s called though. My concern for the infirmities of others only goes so far.

Food buffs and gear is restricted in pvp = FACT
WvW makes it impossible to fight same server or servers outside your bracket with the exception of EoTM if they aren’t the same colour in their bracket = FACT

If you don’t realise these are facts, then you and whomever evidently aren’t too experienced with the game.

Despite your implications are my personality, none of this is my opinion. The only opinion I have given, is that PvE content is at large a colossal waste of time. That opinion holds as much weight as about anyone else’s, and is nothing special.

Eitherway, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on many of the issues, and I hope in the future other’s won’t feel as harsh a stereotype towards PvPers as a community. We have our bad apples, but enjoying competition doesn’t mean you’re a toxic individual.

Whether Anet does implement it or not (and I still believe they might at some point), I think as I said before, it will be in an inclusive and accessible fashion, which promotes growth and comradery through battle, rather than hostility.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

No problem. It was unnecessarily contentious of me to do so and for that, I apologize.

It is big of you to apologize, and in kind I will apologize for my usage in retaliation.

As for the topic, I have been standoffish in my post towards you, but this isn’t due to a personal distaste for your character, it is more so due to a short fuse on the repetition of certain arguments against it that have been in my view answered in detail and coherently.

Eitherway, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on many of the issues, and I hope in the future other’s won’t feel as harsh a stereotype towards PvPers as a community. We have our bad apples, but enjoying competition doesn’t mean you’re a toxic individual.

Whether Anet does implement it or not (and I still believe they might at some point), I think as I said before, it will be in an inclusive and accessible fashion, which promotes growth and comradery through battle, rather than hostility.

I’ve said elsewhere and I’ll say again that I’m of the opinion that every demographic has its bad apples, as you phrased it. The RP communities, the staunch PvE enthusiasts, the hardcore PvPers, achievement hunters, etcetera, so forth.

Being an insufferable jerk is a rather human thing to be, and wherever humanity is to be found, some will be insufferable jerks. Some will be insufferable jerks and not even realize it, firm in the belief that those other people over there are the insufferable jerks instead.

There’s an almost certain chance that I’m an insufferable jerk, depending merely on whom one asks. I really don’t mean to be. It occurs to me periodically that some of those I think to be insufferable jerks might not actually start their days with the thought warmly embraced in their heads that today, they’re going to be insufferable jerks.

In any event, if Anet can implement such things in a way that keep with the cooperative spirit I in particular enjoy about so many things here in GW2, I wouldn’t care.

I can only guess like a shot from the hip as to whether most or some or many or any at all would agree. All I got is what I feel and what I observe, and those aren’t necessarily worth much to Anet.

As it passes, its not the systems themselves I have an interest in kicking out windows. There are a lot of other things I’d much rather see them put time and money towards; curing existing conditions, if you will, before they go and till new soil for all new ones.

Food buffs and gear is restricted in pvp = FACT
WvW makes it impossible to fight same server or servers outside your bracket with the exception of EoTM if they aren’t the same colour in their bracket = FACT

If you don’t realise these are facts, then you and whomever evidently aren’t too experienced with the game.

Those are indeed facts, though I don’t agree that they’re important to any meaningful extremity where gear/food/etc are concerned, and I believe HoT has something by way of guild versus guild pvp of some sort coming down the pipe, do they not?

The inclusion of gear/good/etc in pvp as imbalancing factors would add what to anything? What is the necessary purpose of creating a new pvp mode in which such things factor?

I fail entirely to see why a pvp mode including those as imbalancing points would be good or useful to hardly anyone, let alone many.

Consider me sincerely asking in a snark-free way what benefit you specifically perceive there being in a new mode of PVP that specifically includes factors such as gear and food/wetstones/etc that would somehow make it distinctly valuable in comparison to the modes that already exist.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

(edited by naiasonod.9265)

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

yes it absolutely does.
its thrilling to have to do your quests and always be looking over your shoulder waiting for someone to gank you. just one example.

Thats not exciting. That’s stressful. Do we really need to go over the vast number of people that don’t even get map completion because it involves going onto a map where they could potentially be “ganked”? They literally don’t want that so they stay out of the game mode it can happen in. Its not fun for them. It would be less fun if they were trying to do a JP and some tool comes out of stealth and kills them right before they finish it or hammers them from the top before they could open the chest. That isn’t thrilling and that would probably lead to the single largest decline in players GW2 has if they ever implemented that. Now if servers meant anything anymore and they wanted to make a server a PvP server where that could happen, then by all means, have at it. I’d love to see its actual population as compared to the others.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

PistolWhip.2697

I’ve said elsewhere and I’ll say again that I’m of the opinion that every demographic has its bad apples, as you phrased it. The RP communities, the staunch PvE enthusiasts, the hardcore PvPers, achievement hunters, etcetera, so forth.

Being an insufferable jerk is a rather human thing to be, and wherever humanity is to be found, some will be insufferable jerks. Some will be insufferable jerks and not even realize it, firm in the belief that those other people over there are the insufferable jerks instead.

There’s an almost certain chance that I’m an insufferable jerk, depending merely on whom one asks. I really don’t mean to be. It occurs to me periodically that some of those I think to be insufferable jerks might not actually start their days with the thought warmly embraced in their heads that today, they’re going to be insufferable jerks.

In any event, if Anet can implement such things in a way that keep with the cooperative spirit I in particular enjoy about so many things here in GW2, I wouldn’t care.

I can only guess like a shot from the hip as to whether most or some or many or any at all would agree. All I got is what I feel and what I observe, and those aren’t necessarily worth much to Anet.

As it passes, its not the systems themselves I have an interest in kicking out windows. There are a lot of other things I’d much rather see them put time and money towards; curing existing conditions, if you will, before they go and till new soil for all new ones.

Fair enough. New opportunities for the game will always excite me, and thus, my response.

If they pigeonhole a group of people who don’t want to play PvP into it at any point, I will be here protesting all the same for the rights of PvErs. Its a game and people should be allowed to play how they want, and that goes both ways. Both ways.

I appreciate you civility in our exchange.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Despite your implications are my personality, none of this is my opinion. The only opinion I have given, is that PvE content is at large a colossal waste of time. That opinion holds as much weight as about anyone else’s, and is nothing special.

Yes that’s the main reason why gaming is a passtime…. Glad you noticed, PvE, WvW and PvP are part of this waste of time and that is why I love playing it in my free hours. Well at least the WvW and the PvE.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

yes it absolutely does.

Thats not exciting. That’s stressful. Do we really need to go over the vast number of people that don’t even get map completion because it involves going onto a map where they could potentially be “ganked”? They literally don’t want that so they stay out of the game mode it can happen in. Its not fun for them. It would be less fun if they were trying to do a JP and some tool comes out of stealth and kills them right before they finish it or hammers them from the top before they could open the chest. That isn’t thrilling and that would probably lead to the single largest decline in players GW2 has if they ever implemented that. Now if servers meant anything anymore and they wanted to make a server a PvP server where that could happen, then by all means, have at it. I’d love to see its actual population as compared to the others. [/quote]

And therefore adds nothing. And hes right, tons of players wont ever get map completion because of WvW.

However, if you read the OP he does not suggest Open world PVP he suggests dueling areas added to the world, or in their own zones that would serve as pvp zones if you entered them. Not full map PVP, not open world PVP, but small areas in zones that serve as PVP dueling zones.

*EDIT So i went through and counted each post for and against, disregarding arguments, and while my numbers may be off, by either a small amount..or quite a bit…i was adding them as i spotted them. i think its a good enough indicator of who is for against etc.

Against it period or did not offer any other option. 52 may be more or less
Against open world PKing but okay with dueling. 12 may be more or less
Against but dueling is okay in certain areas and or implemented in some way so as not to impose on players who dont want to duel. 21 may be more or less.
For Ops idea. at least 11
For Open World PKing. at least 6
Non specific answers. at least 3.*

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Kitten, kitten no.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So here we are again without a concrete reason. All the reasons given are anecdotal, can be mimicked by any community and are very self-centered. Is there an actual mechanical reason a PRIVATE section of a pve map shouldnt include pvp to allow those who can’t duel or FFA with friends in that specific way?

Anyone?

Yes. But you don’t want to hear it. I’ll come up with several, though, of varying strength.

1 – Because it counts against map limits. Having an arena where two, three, or fifteen people are just sitting about doing this highly limited PvP experience means there are that many less spots in the map for people who actually want to play on the map. If this were added to, say, Bloodtide Coast, how badly do you think it would be used to . . . troll Triple Trouble? Or Sparkfly Fen, to troll Tequatl? If you think it wouldn’t be used in such fashions I have some land to sell you.

2 – Because it requires development time spent on it. To make a place like this, and to manage to get it properly limited (i.e. the boundaries of what is PvP and what isn’t) seems like a challenge with a questionable payoff considering how many people do not want such a thing. Considering how mounts are probably also a “minor” technical challenge to implement and they haven’t actually been introduced yet either, I don’t think the developers want to spend their time on this.

3 – Because, as someone has noted, there already exists a place for duels with spectators to exist. There is no technical reason why that should be forcibly put into a PvE zone. Especially since, as noted, there are considerable amounts of people against this.

4 – Because this is not a game where such was designed to exist in, nor do the players seem to want this, nor do the developers seem to want it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

oneply.9586

Thats not exciting. That’s stressful. Do we really need to go over the vast number of people that don’t even get map completion because it involves going onto a map where they could potentially be “ganked”? They literally don’t want that so they stay out of the game mode it can happen in. Its not fun for them. It would be less fun if they were trying to do a JP and some tool comes out of stealth and kills them right before they finish it or hammers them from the top before they could open the chest. That isn’t thrilling and that would probably lead to the single largest decline in players GW2 has if they ever implemented that. Now if servers meant anything anymore and they wanted to make a server a PvP server where that could happen, then by all means, have at it. I’d love to see its actual population as compared to the others.

And therefore adds nothing. And hes right, tons of players wont ever get map completion because of WvW.

However, if you read the OP he does not suggest Open world PVP he suggests dueling areas added to the world, or in their own zones that would serve as pvp zones if you entered them. Not full map PVP, not open world PVP, but small areas in zones that serve as PVP dueling zones.

he just stated it does add something to pve, you may view it as stress, another exciting, but that still adds something to the experience.

and just because you have a whole bunch of pansies who are so afraid to get killed by another person while trying to get map completion doesnt mean you should cater to them. its not hard at all to get the wvw maps, it might take a few weeks of waiting for colors to switch. but really even at peak hours its not like everywhere you go is a zerg foaming at the mouth waiting for you.

i know full well what the OP stated, the convo has been going many ways. my comment about people who dont read the posts are aimed at people like Mojo Gris Gris above me.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

he just stated it does add something to pve, you may view it as stress, another exciting, but that still adds something to the experience.

and just because you have a whole bunch of pansies who are so afraid to get killed by another person while trying to get map completion doesnt mean you should cater to them. its not hard at all to get the wvw maps, it might take a few weeks of waiting for colors to switch. but really even at peak hours its not like everywhere you go is a zerg foaming at the mouth waiting for you.

i know full well what the OP stated, the convo has been going many ways. my comment about people who dont read the posts are aimed at people like Mojo Gris Gris above me.

Keep up the good work of showing why it is such a bad idea.

PistolWhip.2697

So here we are again without a concrete reason. All the reasons given are anecdotal, can be mimicked by any community and are very self-centered. Is there an actual mechanical reason a PRIVATE section of a pve map shouldnt include pvp to allow those who can’t duel or FFA with friends in that specific way?

Anyone?

Yes. But you don’t want to hear it. I’ll come up with several, though, of varying strength.

1 – Because it counts against map limits. Having an arena where two, three, or fifteen people are just sitting about doing this highly limited PvP experience means there are that many less spots in the map for people who actually want to play on the map. If this were added to, say, Bloodtide Coast, how badly do you think it would be used to . . . troll Triple Trouble? Or Sparkfly Fen, to troll Tequatl? If you think it wouldn’t be used in such fashions I have some land to sell you.

2 – Because it requires development time spent on it. To make a place like this, and to manage to get it properly limited (i.e. the boundaries of what is PvP and what isn’t) seems like a challenge with a questionable payoff considering how many people do not want such a thing. Considering how mounts are probably also a “minor” technical challenge to implement and they haven’t actually been introduced yet either, I don’t think the developers want to spend their time on this.

3 – Because, as someone has noted, there already exists a place for duels with spectators to exist. There is no technical reason why that should be forcibly put into a PvE zone. Especially since, as noted, there are considerable amounts of people against this.

4 – Because this is not a game where such was designed to exist in, nor do the players seem to want this, nor do the developers seem to want it.

Because they are in majority opinions and not concrete reasons. As for your post:

1. This is a very legitimate concern actually, and I see merit in this argument, they would need to find a way past this if they planned to add it to a popular map, and if they didn’t it is questionable on whether it should be implemented. Bravo.

2. I will refer you to my above post and a few before it for why this is wrong. Simply, because you think its a waste of time and resource, doesn’t mean others do, so its a weak opinion based hick up.

3. Like I said before, PvP lacks the mechanics, and WvW lacks the mechanics for a large part of duelist communities. So this is untrue, and no matter how many times you repeat it, it won’t be true. Plus, “We already have this and this” isn’t valid. I’d imagine people telling you that new pve content should not be added because we already have pve content available wouldn’t be accepted. Stop being biased.

4. A huge assumption on many parts here. No one here knows what the developers all think, no one here knows what the whole player base thinks, and Anet has many times said that this forum is a vocal minority, such as a WvW post some time ago where they replied to people asking why the forum ideas weren’t always taken into account. Because it goes against their in game data, which they expressed was their most important influence.

To think you know what was intended for this game is pretentious and self-serving in this topic. There are many things they wished to implement they couldn’t at launch that they add even today. Sure maybe it wasn’t intended, or maybe it was, I don’t know, and neither do you.

All in all, your first point is the only one with any weight, and is a fair argument against this. It should be addressed before going forward with any plan as such.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I know its not hard to complete wvw, but if people hate PVP then they wont do it, i dont like pvp, but i wanted a legendary bad enough that i did it. lucky for me though im in a guild thats very helpful to people like me, and its not hard to find guilds like that, and if you cant find one then it will take time. At least armor repairs are free now! so thats one less frustration about dying. But thats beside the point, my edit in the post you quoted has some more information that deals with the topic at hand, and may be interesting to you.

And true you are right it does add “Something” but that “Something” needs to benefit the Majority of people it impacts i think, and the vast majority of players in this game are here for the pve and to get away from games that have open world PKing, i know i am. But at the same time i have no problem with dueling if its implemented in some way that doesnt get in the way of other players.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Ashen.2907

Anyone?

Because they are in majority opinions and not concrete reasons. As for your post:

1. This is a very legitimate concern actually, and I see merit in this argument, they would need to find a way past this if they planned to add it to a popular map, and if they didn’t it is questionable on whether it should be implemented. Bravo.

2. I will refer you to my above post and a few before it for why this is wrong. Simply, because you think its a waste of time and resource, doesn’t mean others do, so its a weak opinion based hick up.

3. Like I said before, PvP lacks the mechanics, and WvW lacks the mechanics for a large part of duelist communities. So this is untrue, and no matter how many times you repeat it, it won’t be true. Plus, “We already have this and this” isn’t valid. I’d imagine people telling you that new pve content should not be added because we already have pve content available wouldn’t be accepted. Stop being biased.

4. A huge assumption on many parts here. No one here knows what the developers all think, no one here knows what the whole player base thinks, and Anet has many times said that this forum is a vocal minority, such as a WvW post some time ago where they replied to people asking why the forum ideas weren’t always taken into account. Because it goes against their in game data, which they expressed was their most important influence.

To think you know what was intended for this game is pretentious and self-serving in this topic. There are many things they wished to implement they couldn’t at launch that they add even today. Sure maybe it wasn’t intended, or maybe it was, I don’t know, and neither do you.

All in all, your first point is the only one with any weight, and is a fair argument against this. It should be addressed before going forward with any plan as such.

Actually all of his points have weight. What remains to be seen is whether or not they have sufficient weight to be convincing to the people who make the decisions.

PistolWhip.2697

Anyone?

Actually all of his points have weight. What remains to be seen is whether or not they have sufficient weight to be convincing to the people who make the decisions.

As do all the people asking for it for reasons as simple as “Because it will be fun.” That’s fair then, you’re right.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and THIS is what i am talking about ppl, players who already like PvP constantly talking as if everyone has to play PvP.
when do ppl stop talking like they know what other players want and start thinking of other’s wishes, is it so hard to think for someone else’s sake?

no PvP in PvE is a no, what part of no is so confusing, the N or the O?

Posted by: Gunga.9210

Gunga.9210

No, defiantly not. Not under any circumstances.

- I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Ashen.2907

Anyone?

As do all the people asking for it for reasons as simple as “Because it will be fun.” That’s fair then, you’re right.

Absolutely the best reason to request a feature addition. I completely agree. The game exists for us to have fun (and for the company to make money). Something that increases the fun factor, becomes more appealing to players who might then be more inclined to play and spend money, is a good thing…..

….so long as the potential revenue increase offsets production costs and potential revenue loss.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Absolutely the best reason to request a feature addition. I completely agree. The game exists for us to have fun (and for the company to make money). Something that increases the fun factor, becomes more appealing to players who might then be more inclined to play and spend money, is a good thing…..

….so long as the potential revenue increase offsets production costs and potential revenue loss.

Or, as well, you don’t wind up making your game into something you don’t even want to look at anymore because of the bad taste left in your mouth.

Let’s be clear here – the company does want to make money. But they also want to please their customers/players with what they do, and try to please a majority with a change rather than a minority. (I did say try.) If they fail, then there is a good chance they will lose customers/players who will not be coming back.

Therefore it is important, perhaps even imperative, to realize what topics are simply a losing choice in the long run due to the impact on the community. You only get so many before the community goes from a healthy pool of people who would happily give a little extra money for goodies . . . to the much shallower number of hardened core who are only interested in your game so far as what they want and are willing to threaten killing the game via boycott if they don’t get their way.

There’s a niche for games which have open-world PvP, or even arenas for such without an existing PvP mode. There’s a niche for incredibly casual MMOs which don’t put your elbow up behind your head and demand your lunch money so you can do anything interesting.

These two niches are not the same niche, and a game trying to straddle them? Is going to fall off and hurt something.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

yes it absolutely does.

I’m sorry, but what sort of meaningful content does it add again ?

12 year olds spewing profanity isn’t content, unless you’re company name is EA.

You want fun competitive PvP, there’s Heart of the Mists. You want Open World PvP, there’s WvW. Simple as that.

Adding it to the existing PvE area’s does nothing to promote or further a healthy game state. If you still cannot see that, then you have an issue. Please go check into another game that meets your quota since. Different stokes for different folks, clearly this isn’t your stroke.

oneply.9586

and THIS is what i am talking about ppl, players who already like PvP constantly talking as if everyone has to play PvP.
when do ppl stop talking like they know what other players want and start thinking of other’s wishes, is it so hard to think for someone else’s sake?

no PvP in PvE is a no, what part of no is so confusing, the N or the O?

when did i ever say everyone has to pvp? or even should?

@Dante
forums are a terrible place to sample public opinion from.
post this same thread in the pvp section, different results
post this thread in the wvw, different results
and i bet less than 1% of the people who play gw2 regularly come to the forums.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!