in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Logged in to say YES support.

AFK raiders ruining Verdant Brink meta

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

LOL, how can’t you get a single bladed coatbox? I got already 4 and salvage the rest. Just LFG and find a full map, it’s super easy. Gives a box every time you kill all 5 bosses which always happens when map is full, even with about 7mins left.

It doesn’t give a box when you kill all 5 bosses. It only gives a guaranteed box when you have T4 at night AND enough participation.

And it’s not “super easy” to get a full map or a full map that finishes to T4. I’ve been on plenty of full maps that didn’t even make it to T3. The LFG may help, but it’s not a guarantee of anything.

I’ve never seen a T4 VB and with the raids good luck with anything short of a guild run since it’s the LFG waiting room for raids. An entirely foreseeable outcome.

I got one the day before the raids, sadly now with VB being a dead map I’ll have to wait a long time to farm up the 2000 tokens to buy the other parts. VB is now jut a raid and story lobby, with mobs.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I can confirm too that the VB map I was in had the same situation: extremely low participation to the night events

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You have to get tier 4 day and night.

Minx.7521

You can’t get either to T4 with all the afk people + others crowding around the raid gate.

Posted by: Vadeil.3924

Vadeil.3924

Yes please!!

Yesterday I was trying to run the meta, I was trying to hold the point right next to the raid. could not do it alone. what killed me was the fact there were about 40 people just standing on the side.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

LOL, how can’t you get a single bladed coatbox? I got already 4 and salvage the rest. Just LFG and find a full map, it’s super easy. Gives a box every time you kill all 5 bosses which always happens when map is full, even with about 7mins left.

It doesn’t give a box when you kill all 5 bosses. It only gives a guaranteed box when you have T4 at night AND enough participation.

And it’s not “super easy” to get a full map or a full map that finishes to T4. I’ve been on plenty of full maps that didn’t even make it to T3. The LFG may help, but it’s not a guarantee of anything.

Not to mention that I’ve taken several T4 taxis recently that turned out to be T2/T3…

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Minx.7521

^Yea. I mean, there’s only so much you can try to organize, but then AFKs will pretty much always screw up a map. Unless this gets a fix SOMEHOW, gg VB.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Wow. A subject with almost 100% agreement. That’s got to be some kind of record for this forum.

I support it, too, although I don’t understand it. (I’m just getting to the story up to Vinetooth. It’s possible that my numerous other complaints are actually side-effects of having idle people waiting for raids.) Hopefully, this idea corrects it, because I’m very close to just giving up.

Posted by: rrusse.7058

rrusse.7058

Well I don’t know if moving the portal to LA only is that great either. Of course I would like there to be an area for setting up for raid groups, but I would also like for the locations in the game world to make sense as well.

The raid maps and the areas put aside for them are filling in the world map and they need to take place in reasonably lore friendly spaces. Perhaps a space that feeds into the Vale sort of how Twilight Arbor has a space that lets players enter either the Aetherpath or Twilight Arbor explorable.

It isn’t like fractals where they just take place in some arbitrary location floating in the Mists. Spirit Vale involves the bandit group that likely occupied Fort Vandal and the Silver Wastes. There might even be a Bloodstone in that area as well.

If they can, Arenanet needs to make a lobby area that is between Verdant Brink and the Vale.

I am no programmer or designer and I am not saying that there is an easy button for this issue, but I feel that the solution is somewhere in that realm.

Minx.7521

PLZ ANET don’t ruin VB just because of a portal issue.

Swift.1930

Well I don’t know if moving the portal to LA only is that great either. Of course I would like there to be an area for setting up for raid groups, but I would also like for the locations in the game world to make sense as well.

The raid maps and the areas put aside for them are filling in the world map and they need to take place in reasonably lore friendly spaces. Perhaps a space that feeds into the Vale sort of how Twilight Arbor has a space that lets players enter either the Aetherpath or Twilight Arbor explorable.

It isn’t like fractals where they just take place in some arbitrary location floating in the Mists. Spirit Vale involves the bandit group that likely occupied Fort Vandal and the Silver Wastes. There might even be a Bloodstone in that area as well.

If they can, Arenanet needs to make a lobby area that is between Verdant Brink and the Vale.

I am no programmer or designer and I am not saying that there is an easy button for this issue, but I feel that the solution is somewhere in that realm.

The thing is, there can still be a doorway in VB, just so long as there’s also a queuing lobby behind that door. That way people can enter VB and then leave its instance by entering the raid lobby (this could keep true to lore/world location and also stop meta-clogging/afks)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Agreed, show us a list of all the megaservers with a bar that shows the population in %.
In other games these are usually called channels, but it’s not exactly the same.

Guild Wars had a feature like this that, like many others, didn’t carry over. It was called “Districts” and it was a drop down menu and you could choose which map to join. They were very simple as well. North America – English – District 1 or something to that effect, as I remember.

Swift.1930

Agreed, show us a list of all the megaservers with a bar that shows the population in %.
In other games these are usually called channels, but it’s not exactly the same.

Guild Wars had a feature like this that, like many others, didn’t carry over. It was called “Districts” and it was a drop down menu and you could choose which map to join. They were very simple as well. North America – English – District 1 or something to that effect, as I remember.

Yeah, I remember that. You could even switch into different server zones within game.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Although I don’t really care much about the meta event(s) in VB now that I’ve got all the coat boxes, I can understand and agree with those stating it is more difficult to reach a T4 VB map when you have a select handful of players who are only interested in raiding & do not care for the progress of the map as a whole.

Thus, to fix this problem there should either be implemented;

• LFG tool for raiding
• Instanced VB section/lobby room where the portal is/leads to via in-game UI (similar to entering PvP lobby from the UI, could also be a raid lobby)
• Place a portal elsewhere similar to Fractals of the Mists in LA

However, there may actually be raiders waiting for more of their friends/guildies who could be running nearby doing the map meta event(s) though this so far has proved unlikely due to the numbers of players seemingly afk at the portal entrance.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Require T4 to open the raid, problem solved.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

It’s pretty dumb not to have a separate raid staging area. Anyone with half a brain should have realized how all the LFR people would affect the meta. Maps have population limits, events scale when lots of people are near it and it IS quite a nuisance when you’re trying to coordinate pugs (of necessity through chat) and constantly have ‘lfr’ in that chat.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Omg I love you man! This would solve everything.
Colin please make this happen! It would be similar to crucible of eternity and CoF

BrotherBelial.3094

Best Idea I have ever seen on these forums.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Only if it’s reaching the night T4, otherwise people will just run as soon as night arrives, and you still have a mess.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As someone who would love to see the people in VB actually doing events, I have to downvote the idea for making T4 night a compulsory criteria for opening the raid. That would just aggravate the raiders and create even more bad blood between players.

Instead, what ANet should do is create a separate map lobby that raiders can zone into, similar to what they did for SAB (how I miss you, SAB…) a few years ago. There, they can form groups, plan strategies etc. without taking up map spots from the people who genuinely do want to do the VB meta.

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

I am entitled to my VB Meta rewards but those raiders are not entitled to the entrance – they have the LFG tool. ANet, this is a real problem that needs to be addressed immediately.

Well, the thing is the lfg tool does not work for squads, that’s why you get people to the entrance too invite them. If this is fixed, the problem will probably go away as well.

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

….and while now every tag doing raids …….maps are completely empty !!!!
how do I level up ?

Posted by: SourGummy.8570

SourGummy.8570

I think for now if you want to do meta you will need to look out for taxi in LFG.

As a “mostly” solo player I got into a taxi last night while VB day cycle just started. Then I helped out with getting ppl in and we had a sizable number of ppl. Got to tier 3 with ease, then…. “A new build will be ready in 10 minutes.”…. kitten it… We did got to Tier 4 with about 10 mins left but had to log after reward since there wasn’t enough time to finish night cycle (I was at 180% participation). Had it not been a patch I have no doubt that we can finish night T4

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

And how would people do the raid during off-peak times, when they cannot get to T4?

I think the best solution would be as suggested before, a substation, like that from SAB. Players go through the portal to a separate waiting room instance, and from there they can make parties and then go to the raid.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

And how would people do the raid during off-peak times, when they cannot get to T4?

I think the best solution would be as suggested before, a substation, like that from SAB. Players go through the portal to a separate waiting room instance, and from there they can make parties and then go to the raid.

Don’t know, don’t care. I want people to be active in VB. I am selfish, you know

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

So I was raging for 3 weeks about inactivity and stupidity of players in VB who are the reason that I still didn’t get a single bladed coat box and instead of lowering the requirements or improving megaservers you actually made it even worse by turning VB into a staging area for raids? …I don’t have energy for this anymore. Good bye Verdant Brink. Never again.

I am usually all for the “developers know what they are doing” approach. But to be honest when I first entered VB zone today after patch and I looked at that entry portal with all those people in front of it, one of my first (if not THE first) thoughts was “wow, this is going to seriously mess with VB meta”. Makes me really wonder how such things get past the quality assurance.

As a guess, play testers work on one thing at at time. When they’re playing the zone they’re not raiding and vice versa.

And unless they have literally hundreds of people on the test server, and we don’t know that they do, what are the odds they can even beat the meta at all? And what are the odds people will be trying to when they’re testing raids? Just seems a lot less likely on the test server.

This is not failed play testing. This is corner cutting, this is “designed by committee”. I am beginning to think it is their hubris.

Yeah, I second this.

Minx.7521

Omg I love you man! This would solve everything.
Colin please make this happen! It would be similar to crucible of eternity and CoF

PA-RAISE RUSTY!!!! This WOULD actually solve problems LOLOLOLOL

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I think for now if you want to do meta you will need to look out for taxi in LFG.

It makes more sense to me to do it the other way around. Make a taxi for all the people looking to PUG the raid. That way they can all be in one map, and you don’t have 2 or 3 people in each map spamming map chat hoping to find a group on that one map, with the rest afk around the raid portal waiting for the slim chance that someone will be forming a group that requires their class and build.

All it takes is one person to turn one Verdant Brink instance into a LFR map via taxiing people in using the LFG tool, and then the rest can be used to actually do the events on the map as intended.

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

Great ideas everyone, but those are all giving the ArenaNet the feeling that “if they can create a solution, then we don’t need to act”.

Raids are not like Dungeons. You can enter, say on a specific LFG that you are doing the stuff and done, ppl only go to the map and enter the instance. The problem with raids is that you need to set up a squad before entering, and once inside, you can’t just put on LFG.

In case the others don’t know, a T4 is not only required for the bladed chest, but also to get items for other collections, like the Magister Pack (ascended Priory), that need you to participate from the begining to the end in a map that goes T4 Day and Night. It’s the last real stuff that I need to craft this back (I can even argue the need of a Godkitty metaevent of 2 hours against what other collections need, but that’s another thing) and search for a map with 5-8 min to starting the meta is really lame.

Verdant Brink is on the brink of becoming the Raid Lobby, stucking progress for all those that are gonna play the game only in 2016, for whatever reason. We, at least, still have some hope on getting one organized instance. They need to fix it.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

You obviously have a secret lair and a cat. Have you ever considered applying your skills for good?

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

This is a horrible idea. it forces players to play things and ways they dont want to play for the sake of selfish interests. No one should be forced to play a particular way just to access content they really want to play.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Let me just point out that it’s not the Raiders’ fault that Anet put the entrance to Raids in Verdant Brink. Both groups have a right to do their own thing – sadly Anet overlooked the fact that they can’t both do their thing without interfering with the other.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Verdant Brink doesn’t need raiders to ruin its meta. Verdant Brink is perfectly capable of having a ruinous meta without any help.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Let me just point out that it’s not the Raiders’ fault that Anet put the entrance to Raids in Verdant Brink. Both groups have a right to do their own thing – sadly Anet overlooked the fact that they can’t both do their thing without interfering with the other.

My thoughts exactly.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Only if it’s reaching the night T4, otherwise people will just run as soon as night arrives, and you still have a mess.

Yeah, it would have to be T4 night or the raid is locked out just like Adventures.

BrotherBelial.3094

This is a horrible idea. it forces players to play things and ways they dont want to play for the sake of selfish interests. No one should be forced to play a particular way just to access content they really want to play.

Yet afking in a map so people can’t. Play the content they want is fine? I’m being forced to not play VB because of raids. Yeah, you are right it’s completely fair……..

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

I logged in specifically to +1 this. Awesome idea.

Harper.4173

My thoughts exactly.

Another fun and sad things is that Anet went to the trouble of turning off adventures during the meta – because supposedly they want everyone focused and as such you can’t do your own thing with Adventures while the meta effort is going on.

And I understand that – it seems logical. There it is – good game design.

And then they do this Raids entrance in VB thing. It’s just incredibly odd and seems a bit amateur-ish to be honest.

Harper.4173

I disagree – why should I have to play Open world if I want to do Raids?

These are TWO different groups of people with different goals and different reasons to be in the map.
Forcing one group to do something the other group wishes before they can do their own thing does not help the problem of these groups interfering with each other.

How would you like to have to do raids in order to get to T4 in VB?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

And then they do this Raids entrance in VB thing. It’s just incredibly odd and seems a bit amateur-ish to be honest.

It seems more about rushing and cutting corners to me.

Otherwise, why wouldn’t you simply design a raid lobby people can go into so that they’re not sitting on a map with events specifically designed to scale to the number of people in the map?

Someone in another thread indicated that the devs just didn’t realize there would be a problem, but I have a hard time believing that one. Really? Such a basic consequence and they couldn’t see it coming when players walking into the map saw the set-up and immediately knew it would be a problem? That’s kind of insulting to the devs’ intelligence, right?

They’re professionals. It’s their job to know how one thing will affect another in their game overall. Will they miss stuff? Yeah, sure, but this one is kind of obvious, so I have a hard time believing they didn’t realize there would be a problem.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

So here’s another neat side effect:
I cannot progress my story because no one is doing the events. There is an NPC I have to talk to to move forward but he is dead and when I approach him I am swarmed by literally dozens of mobs with crossed swords above their heads.

Swift.1930

Hahaha – oh, wait, you’re serious? Half of HoT is about exactly that, lol. No… more than half. Randomly-tiered masteries, skill circles, specific zones that only level certain mastery XP; the list goes on….

It couldn’t hurt to duck into a couple of events just to start a raid that consists of elite players anyways.

That, or Anet needs to put your lobby in a little lobby map.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Swift.1930

So here’s another neat side effect:
I cannot progress my story because no one is doing the events. There is an NPC I have to talk to to move forward but he is dead and when I approach him I am swarmed by literally dozens of mobs with crossed swords above their heads.

Hah, population-affected events. I love those in low-level maps and when people are actually present in high-level maps. Must be painful in your situation though.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

A-Net should make a small “waiting map” for raids that is accessible from Verdant Brink where the entrance is now. But this “waiting map” should have its own waypoint, so that raiders can, after the first map visit, directly go to the raid-waiting-map without disturbing Verdant Brink.

BrotherBelial.3094

I disagree – why should I have to play Open world if I want to do Raids?

These are TWO different groups of people with different goals and different reasons to be in the map.
Forcing one group to do something the other group wishes before they can do their own thing does not help the problem of these groups interfering with each other.

How would you like to have to do raids in order to get to T4 in VB?

As it stands now, that would be a help to people wanting to get the blade chest. as it stands now, you have little to no hope of getting to T4 with raiders afking in VB, surly the polite thing to do would be to for your party in Rata sum(picked there to keep WP costs down) then travel to the raid. most MMO’s do there raid forming in City’s where them being on the map where the raid is won’t affect the people playing other game modes.

That is the difference with GW2 and other MMo’s GW2 was never meant to have raids in the first place, and ANet just did it with out thinking how to implement it, or how it would effect other people doing other things.

Minx.7521

By the way, my worlds have still been trying for T4. The chopper point almost next to the raid door is literally CRAZY right now and you’re SOL if you try to clear it solo/duo. Also, players that WANT to get in on T4 world cannot because of hard-cap because of people trying to “organize” their raids. Like “our group just needs 5 more condis”. Lol like NO, you need to LFG in Lion’s Arch.

I don’t know why pugs think it’s a good idea to stand in a map for 2 hours looking for 5+ people with specific builds. They waste their time and simultaneous ruin the map. I just literally cannot.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

+1

Wonderful idea.

Raids only open up if it’s a completely done T4 map.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Daddicus.6128

Verdant Brink is on the brink of becoming the Raid Lobby, stucking progress for all those that are gonna play the game only in 2016, for whatever reason. We, at least, still have some hope on getting one organized instance. They need to fix it.

It’s not on the brink. It’s already fallen into emptiness. I’ve been trying for 2 weeks, and it’s just not possible to advance in VB any more. Events almost never complete, and only events count for advancing the mastery track.

So, because I played Halloween content instead of HoT when they were released, I’m dead. The raiding isn’t what killed things; it just made sure they would stay dead.

It’s obvious that having a raiding lobby is required. ANet should patch this immediately, or turn raiding off until they can.

But, I’m afraid even that won’t cure the root problem. There simply aren’t enough people still playing HoT for late-bloomers, like myself, to advance. Unless they fix the events and make them able to be soloed, VB will die.

Daddicus.6128

My bigger concern is that ANet hasn’t bothered replying to this thread. The hole they created is so huge and so poorly planned that it’s simply unacceptable. But, it doesn’t appear they’re even considering a fix.