Are you going to buy HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

I want to buy it, it looks really good, but what worries me is the price..I’m from Russia and Dollar now is almost twice expensive than it was before, so yeah 60$ is like 120$ for us…not a cheap one expansion isn’t it

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

well if it is 20 euro or less
from what i’ve seen so far there isn’t that much new content added
what that guy failed to mention in his “no new tier of equipment” speech was that a new tier of equipment usually means a new tier of high difficulty – high reward content, which is interesting to play and provides a sense of achievement that cannot be attained in a mindless world boss zerg in which your actions literally do not matter
so the questions are (in terms of pve): how many new dungeons? how many new fractals? they haven’t said anything about that, which actually leaves the possibility that there will be none
you people against the comparison with wow (oh muh subscription fees) but fact is that for that subscription people get new raids with every major patch

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I want to buy it, it looks really good, but what worries me is the price..I’m from Russia and Dollar now is almost twice expensive than it was before, so yeah 60$ is like 120$ for us…not a cheap one expansion is not it

I’m with you man, here in Brazil the dollar has been reaching $2.5 – $3.0 for us, so we’re at the risk of paying 3x the price in our currency.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Hahaha where the heck are people getting the idea that’s it’s only 3 maps?

By the way, Anet has added a total of three maps (for free) to GW2 over the few years it’s been released. HoT will have more than three maps if it’s a paid for expansion, I can guarantee it.

The “three maps” rumor originated from the fact that each new map will have three different sections to them: top layer, middle layer, and bottom layer (canopy, ground, underground). So essentially however many maps they do end up having will be more like that number x3 as each new map will have basically three maps in it.

Posted by: Saiph.6948

Saiph.6948

O hell yes. Going to have to touch some of the monthly money I save for when kitten hits the fan. Though its kind of hit the fan for Tyria. Going to have to buy a new character slot for the new class. Going to make it my third Sylvari. What is everyone else going to make their race for the new class? Also who’s full of joy to see that the Sylvari are still playable.

Posted by: Groundkiller.1578

Groundkiller.1578

take my money, NOW!!!!

Being lazy takes pratice

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Yes, I’m so excited for HOT. Guild Halls, Gliders, Specializations. Why not buy it? It sounds great!

- Many things sound great on paper, because it’s your mind that’s creating the fantasy where boredom and bugs do not exist. That’s why I’d much rather wait and see how things are actually done to determine if the game brings me satisfaction worth my time.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Of course I will buy it. I don’t understand people who think 30$+ for an expansion is expensive. WoW:WoD is 44.95$ and that game has a freaking sub fee on top.

And EvE Online gives them away for absolutely free.

Whodathunk there were otehr MMO’s than WoW?

I’d not call anything free in frakkin subscription based game :P

aaand I’m gonna buy it

and consider buying another copies for guildmates that could not afford it just to make sure that they will be able to get into guild hall

and I’m gonna finally bring back from the mist one of my old gw1 chars – cause revenant :P

To be fair, last I checked it was totally possible to play without ever having to pay for a sub once you knew what you were doing.

deeetails :P

its stil lsubscription but payed with ingame currency though – and still someone have to buy item for cash for you to be able to utilise it :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

I’m in – screw the price! I don’t need two kidneys…..

<.<

>.>

Anyone in the market for a kidney?

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

I won’t, be buying it at least for quite some time maybe next christmas. everything they have in there, is exactly what they promised us for free.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I won’t, be buying it at least for quite some time maybe next christmas. everything they have in there, is exactly what they promised us for free.

When did they promise us anything at all for free?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I’ll buy three copies. All but my little two year old baby girl play the game in my house and we can’t wait to make the journey together.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I will probably buy it but first i want to know how much it will cost. Also, I would like to know if from now on the LS will be expansion only and if all major content will start to come like this, bcs one thing is buy one expansion and another one is to buy one expansion per year.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I’ll be buying 2 copies… 3 if the Ranger gets a Specialization that allows me to perma-stow or get rid of the pet.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Defora.3694

Defora.3694

Ofc I will buy it. I really want to see the story and all new areas/skills.

Necromancer | Elementalist | Mesmer | Thief || Gandara

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ll be waiting for more information before I make up my mind.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Lenny.2053

Lenny.2053

One of my characters is engineer so:

Take my money and give me hammer !

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Definitely; I’m already tossing money at the screen…

And face it; GW2 is B2P and expansions will always be paid; just like GW1 and other B2P games with substantial DLCs.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

90% chance I’ll get it, enjoying GW2 so unless they change things for the worse drastically in some way I’ll stick around.

Posted by: Alaya.2015

Alaya.2015

Probably, will see the reviews.

Posted by: Rivehn.2584

Rivehn.2584

You guys got me back for sure! Played the game so much the first few months and loved it. Glad I can just buy the expansion and come back and play!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

“Are you going to buy HoT?”

Are you joking?

Clearly I am going to buy it, I would not be on the official forums reading and posting if I was not a diehard fan.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Arya.9273

Arya.9273

I’ll gladly pay for an expansion

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Duh.

/15 characters

| Lithia |

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I’m in – screw the price! I don’t need two kidneys…..

<.<

>.>

Anyone in the market for a kidney?

There are a kitten tonne of people sitting in Silverwastes right now that you may want to rip off…no one knows what Mordrem kidneys look like after all….

Posted by: Raesin.2908

Raesin.2908

It always makes me laugh when someone tries to compare Guild Wars 2 to WoW.

First, WoW is a subscription based game. Pay for the base game, then pay for the expansion, and then pay to access the expansion. One year of WoW + 1 expansion is $240. Three years of Guild Wars 2 permanent access for $20-$60. In fact, most reasonable people would think that for a B2P game, getting 100-200 hours of gameplay out of it is fantastic value.

Second of all, you can’t really compare map and dungeon design from 2004 to today. I’d much rather have a few new GW2 dungeons and a raid than 15 TBC WoW Raids/Dungeons. Also, just look at the skills of classes in GW2 compared to WoW class/racial skills and take a gander at which would take longer to make.

Thirdly, I like WoW. I have an active WoW subscription. But I don’t for a minute think that WoW gives more content per dollar than Guild Wars 2.

Fourthly, have you personally experienced the new content yet? Have you seen how big the maps are, or what “masteries” include? Do you know the price of the expansion? If not, I don’t think you can comment on whether it’s ‘good content’ or not.

What? You don’t think GW2 makes a ton from their RNG boxes? You don’t think some people pour hundreds into buying gems? Don’t forget that it’s not only in the EU and NA anymore, it has income from China also.
If you have an active WoW sub then you should know that the TBC dungeons aren’t exactly small, sure you can bum-rush them now because everyone’s over-geared even at-level but at the time you had to take it slower. Not even mentioning the ‘heroic’ modes.

Sure I can compare 2004-05 dungeon and map sizes to those of today, those of 2005 were bigger and more interesting.

Looking at the skills/classes I’m not sure which would take longer to make. Probably about equal, since a lot of GW2’s skills are just AoE circles. The animation rigging would be somewhat equal certainly.

Trouble is that WoW does give content, Anet gives content and then removes it. Because… uh… um… …. huh… reasons… I guess?
WoW’s bugs are acknowledged and fixed ASAP, Anet was like ‘’Bug? What bug? There’s no bug, you just got unlucky.’’ More transparent I guess, but at least they pay attention to what is going on in their game.

‘Lastly’ did I ever claim I had played it? Have you played it? Do you know how big (or small) the maps will be? Masteries sound suspiciously similar to reputation grinds imo. Any price is too much for LS 3 and a feature pack that they claim to have been working on for 2 years. You really think over those 2 years, with everything they’ve made from gem sales this is acceptable as an ‘expansion’?

I know I must sound like a right WoW fanboy but there’s a reason it’s stayed so successful and GW2 is just leaking players.

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

Definitely! I hope getting it adds an extra character slot for the new profession, but if not I’ll delete one of my lower levels I don’t really play. Probably my Asura, I never play her;

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

What? You don’t think GW2 makes a ton from their RNG boxes? You don’t think some people pour hundreds into buying gems? Don’t forget that it’s not only in the EU and NA anymore, it has income from China also.

There’s quite a big different between forced payments and optional payments. You can play GW2 just fine without buying a single gem with $.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

You bet! With Real World Cash on the first day of Pre.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ll be buying two copies at least, maybe more.

Posted by: Sime.3681

Sime.3681

They day it is available in Czech Republic I’m immediately heading for my boxed copy no matter the price.

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

And yes, I will purchase HoT even if it costs $50.00.

What if it costs $50.01? Well, with tax, it’ll cost over $50.00 anyways.

OP: Hell yes, I’ll buy it. Hopefully it comes out no later than July.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

as long as its not over $70 for some reason, im def going to buy this expansion, the lure of heading into maguuma and new maps and stuff seems so appealing

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Probably not. I bought all GW1 expansions.

But in GW2 I hate the PvE. The PvP is too limited. And WvW was ignored.

The only thing that could make me think about buying it is the new PvP mode, Stronghold. But I’ll have to wait to see what it actually is before I decide.

No way I’m paying even close to the price of a full game for it though.

Posted by: Will Lucky.8703

Will Lucky.8703

Definitely, waited a long time for this to be released.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I suppose it will cost between 20-30 euro’s. Than yes, I’ll buy…

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

All they had to say was Hammer Engi, and they had me by my wallet. Good game, well played!

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

Buying the instant I learn that it is buyable. Digital collectors of course, unless physical offers something really mind blowing like… something personalized for every copy.

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I will be pre ordering ASAP.

Surprised at the number of people saying they aren’t sure or won’t get it.

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Tbh you can’t just claim that you’re not going to buy the expension pack, the current information about the Xpac is very little. All we know is the fact that we’re gonna get ATLEAST 1 pve map and a new class, stronghold+new wvw map probably accessable for evry1. If 1 map+1 class is already worth it in your opinion, yes you can claim that you’re gonna buy the Xpac. For the rest i’d say just wait till the dev’s give more information.

For myself i can say that i’m definitely gonna buy the xpac :p

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Tbh you can’t just claim that you’re not going to buy the expension pack, the current information about the Xpac is very little. All we know is the fact that we’re gonna get ATLEAST 1 pve map and a new class, stronghold+new wvw map probably accessable for evry1. If 1 map+1 class is already worth it in your opinion, yes you can claim that you’re gonna buy the Xpac. For the rest i’d say just wait till the dev’s give more information.

For myself i can say that i’m definitely gonna buy the xpac :p

I understand your point. However, it is not so much the xpac but the existence of the current trait system which turns me off. For me, the trait system is simply not fun, and I play for fun.

I have no desire to make a new character under this system, and I also expect that specializations (which intrigue me) will have a similar system tied to them. If they revert the trait system I might get the xpac ( I dislike the NPE as well, but it is the trait system I find truly abhorrent).

I simply have serious doubts that they will revert this and thus have no real desire to get the xpac despite my interest in specializations.

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

I will be pre ordering ASAP.

Surprised at the number of people saying they aren’t sure or won’t get it.

So far the only interesting thing for me from the info we got is the Revenant class nothing more, have no idea of how many maps there will be or what else pve related there is, I couldn’t care less about pvp and wvw, that makes me think that I wont buy it unless there is more to it that we don’t know, if there isn’t anything else ill probable stop playing GW2 entirely I’m afraid.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Yes, as long as the Warrior and Guardian specializations doesn’t have a stupid name.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Does a bear Shhhh….. umm…. yes I will buy it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: condetrip.6275

condetrip.6275

I buy 13€ of cigarettes a week that will probably kill me a day so sure, i will buy HoT. Arena’s developpers need money to do a great game, nothing is free. I prefer paid for quality, put money for a real add on, not for stupid items and minions in virtual store. The leaving world has reached its limits. It was the good choice

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Yes, as long as the Warrior and Guardian specializations doesn’t have a stupid name.

Shortbow Warrior specialization: Shorties
Polearm Guardian specialization: Spearits

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

I am buying it because of precurser scavenger hunt.

and new specialization of classes intrigues me.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

yes! collector (if possible!)

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Probably not. I bought all GW1 expansions.

and that meaaaansss…..

You bought EotN

1 expansion out of 1 available ^^

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Icy Death.3214

Icy Death.3214

yes! collector (if possible!)

same here (as long as I get a temp key until my box copy gets here) where I live it normally takes 5-7 days shipping (and that’s paying $20 for 2nd day air…)