Auric Basin Loot "Exploit" [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

I don’t understand why anyone is complaining about it?

Because it’s killing the rest of the game. Don’t you get it? GW2 is completely dead now except for this one lone map. Dead I tell you. Dead.

Joke all you want, but it’s actually going to ruin the economy and kill off other areas of the game if let alone too long. Humans take the path of least resistance, and right now auric basin is by far that path.

You can’t just let an easy exploit go unfixed for months.

Please fix this before it’s too late anet.

They already let this easy exploit go unfixed for months. About 7 months, to be more specific. If keys aren’t a problem because the highest chests give you the currency to buy more keys, then this has been a problem since HoT was launched, not since the spring update. Which is weird, because I didn’t see anyone doing this (or complaining about this) before the spring update. Then we were given bucketloads of keys for doing the pre-events and started looking for the best way to use them all. As far as I know, the rewards in the chests weren’t increased, so could you let us know why the entire economy isn’t ruined already?

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Gem prices going from 80 gold per 400 to 100+ gold per 400 has really been a drag on my economic moves.

Posted by: Incarnadine.1652

Incarnadine.1652

The AB meta hero’s choice chest gives you 50 aurillium and 12 exalted keys, I found that out today (one of the choices). Everyone complained about AB being too difficult, loot too stingy, OMG TWO HOURS!!11!1!11!!!! when the average gamer attention span is like 2 minutes tops.

But now, of course, people get what was asked for and OMG THE ECONOMY IS DYING TOO MUCH LOOT IS BEING DROPPED ACK AIEEE FLEEE. Nobody’s ever happy.

People will get tired of doing AB instance hopping. It’s the same reason the mystic forge will never have an easy repeat button. People’s willingness to do repetitive stuff will wane after a while, and thus be self-limiting.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Just remember, this complaint is coming from the same community that complained about a free character slot.

The only game I ever played where people complain about free stuff

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Joke all you want, but it’s actually going to ruin the economy and kill off other areas of the game if let alone too long.

Chill… seriously. Unless you have a degree in Economics as well as a lot of experience working on MMOs, you’re just crying that the sky is falling. Accept the fact that people working at ANet have access to more information than we do. And, they have a vested interest in keeping the economy healthy… The ANet employees play this game for recreation, too. So stop worrying and play the game to the best of your enjoyment. Try to have a little trust that the people who’ve kept the economy largely functional these last 3.5 years know how to keep it alive.

Hakuna matata.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Levi M.7428

Levi M.7428

I bet this person got screwed over and joined a squad doing it and their map failed and the other map that succeeded was full or they crashed and missed everything so now they are bitter. Hahaha. Gotta love bitter Betty’s always worried about everyone else but themselves.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Because it’s killing the rest of the game. Don’t you get it? GW2 is completely dead now except for this one lone map. Dead I tell you. Dead.

Joke all you want, but it’s actually going to ruin the economy and kill off other areas of the game if let alone too long. Humans take the path of least resistance, and right now auric basin is by far that path.

You can’t just let an easy exploit go unfixed for months.

Please fix this before it’s too late anet.

People are joking because it’s not all that serious. There’s still a time limit on how many chests you can open and there’s a currency limit on the number of keys people can get. One way or another, people have to play in order to open chests.

ANet will probably throttle the number of chests you can open somehow, but it’s hardly urgent.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I bet this person got screwed over and joined a squad doing it and their map failed and the other map that succeeded was full or they crashed and missed everything so now they are bitter. Hahaha. Gotta love bitter Betty’s always worried about everyone else but themselves.

Yes, clearly this is what happened.

I’m being selfish and only thinking of me! Not the overall health of the game.

Please. I can see past 2 feet in front of me, this is bad for the game.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Please. I can see past 2 feet in front of me, this is bad for the game in my opinion.

Fixed it for you.

As posters above have pointed out, anet has the figures and the economist to gauge whether this is game breaking, and a huge vested interest in making sure it isn’t. If the economy fails in this game, you can go on to another game, but they lose income and possibly their jobs. You’re only causing yourself unneccessary stress by worrying about something that seems to be not having any great impact.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with the comment from the OP. It’s late and I’m to tired and cranky to debate the issue. I just really like your comment. It made me really laugh out loud. I’m not being sarcastic I genuinely enjoyed it.

“Dead I tell you. Dead”

And yes I know my comment contributes absolutely nothing to this thread.

I disagree – I think your comment improves the morale of the forums and that’s something we should support. I also liked skittish’s comment. We need humour to form a friendly community.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m being selfish and only thinking of me!

Yeah, pretty much.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

Would be nice to see a dev response.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

On the one hand you have anet’s design team, the balance team, the testing team.
On the other hand you have a couple of people on the forums who think it can’t possibly be meant to work like this.

Yes because Anet have never unintentionally introduced farms into the game and then nerfed them. No, never.

And Anet certainly didn’t make the noxious pods in Dragon Stand unable to be looted by multiple characters across multiple maps, nope.

I’m sorry to say that the AB Farm is not an exploit. It’s been 3 weeks since ArenaNet mods start to monitor the meta event in ab and often they join the squads and participate the event. One of our friend in our squad invite the arenanet guy and explain the whole process of the farm and ask if it’s an exploit. And the answer he got from that person is that the whole farming process itself is not an exploit. And ArenaNet is already monitoring this particular farm and probably it will be nerfed so don’t worry.

Yeah people are really lazy/hysterical when labelling these things. It’s hardly an exploit, it’s more like unintended gameplay (no, I highly doubt it was Anet’s intention to make AB meta worth 30g+) arising from the changes in the major April patch.

I suggest everyone to ignore this thread.

Haha oh the irony of this response. Just ignore this thread everyone because I don’t like it.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Amurond.4590

They already let this easy exploit go unfixed for months. About 7 months, to be more specific. If keys aren’t a problem because the highest chests give you the currency to buy more keys, then this has been a problem since HoT was launched, not since the spring update. Which is weird, because I didn’t see anyone doing this (or complaining about this) before the spring update. Then we were given bucketloads of keys for doing the pre-events and started looking for the best way to use them all. As far as I know, the rewards in the chests weren’t increased, so could you let us know why the entire economy isn’t ruined already?

After reading your opening line I was about to comment and say that the Spring update is what clicked this into gear, but then I read the rest and see you kind of said that … but now I’m actually not really sure what your point is. But yeah this became a ‘problem’ (depending on your perspective) when keys and currency went from a bit of a grind to an Oprah style “you have a key, you have 100s of currency, we’ll all have 1000s of currency and 10s of keys!” in the April update.

People are joking because it’s not all that serious. There’s still a time limit on how many chests you can open and there’s a currency limit on the number of keys people can get. One way or another, people have to play in order to open chests.

ANet will probably throttle the number of chests you can open somehow, but it’s hardly urgent.

There is a time limit however the currency limit really isn’t very limiting at all given how much currency and how many keys you get from simply doing the Octo event alone. Saying ‘people have to play’ is no different to saying that people still had to buy maize balm for the maize balm farm and well that eventually got nerfed into the ground too. In fairness, the maize balm farm was more toxic in the open world than the AB chest farm.

Anyway there’s a very simple fix and that is to make the AB meta chests like the noxious pods in Dragon Stand where you can’t loot them unless you participated in the event. I’d be happy for them to improve the number of Grand chests below (revamping the ratio between grand, great etc) as a compromise.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

without this farm, ecto will be 1g by now, well, i dont mind, i have many stacks of ecto in my personal bank waiting to be unleashed to the world at the right moment.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I have 500+ ectos easily without this farm. I really doubt disallowing it would make ectos 1 gold.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

SkyShroud.2865

You have to look at the trend. Ecto has been going up in price over the years. Even with this farm, the price continues to go up, at one point reaching 55s. The amount of ectos produced from this one event is large and despite that the price continues to climb. You really think ecto won’t reach 1g with this trend that did not change over the 3 years? Disallowing it simply allow the price to climb even faster.

Aside from that, this farm is not pumping raw golds into market but raw mats into the market. It has nothing to do with the gold inflation the market is experiencing.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

You have to look at the trend. Ecto has been going up in price over the years. Even with this farm, the price continues to go up, at one point reaching 55s. The amount of ectos produced from this one event is large and despite that the price continues to climb. You really think ecto won’t reach 1g with this trend that did not change over the 3 years? Disallowing it simply allow the price to climb even faster.

Aside from that, this farm is not pumping raw golds into market but raw mats into the market. It has nothing to do with the gold inflation the market is experiencing.

True, I don’t really pay that much market attention. Maybe it will be 1 gold.

Then again, I wonder if it really matters. Ectos are fairly reliable to get for yourself without any form of “exploit” "farm"or whatever you call it. I’ve been at times where I was thinking, “Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t salvage rares because they give me worthless ectos, and put them in the forge. I have over a 1000 anyway.”
Them being worth more isn’t the big bad wolf you claim it to be. In fact it would give pretty much everyone an opportunity to farm these.

Unlike some other materials that you cannot farm at all or as easy. (in my opinion at least), that have been rising in price again because of that. Those bother me as players need to depend on the market in order to acquire those materials. (mystic coins for once).

But that’s mostly my experience as a trying to self sufficient player. I just hoard materials, and then get my own goals. Not that I completely avoid the TP but I do try to as much as possible to not be reliant on it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Amurond.4590

without this farm, ecto will be 1g by now, well, i dont mind, i have many stacks of ecto in my personal bank waiting to be unleashed to the world at the right moment.

Lol the ectos generated by this farm are a drop in the ocean.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

After reading your opening line I was about to comment and say that the Spring update is what clicked this into gear, but then I read the rest and see you kind of said that … but now I’m actually not really sure what your point is. But yeah this became a ‘problem’ (depending on your perspective) when keys and currency went from a bit of a grind to an Oprah style “you have a key, you have 100s of currency, we’ll all have 1000s of currency and 10s of keys!” in the April update.

There is a time limit however the currency limit really isn’t very limiting at all given how much currency and how many keys you get from simply doing the Octo event alone. Saying ‘people have to play’ is no different to saying that people still had to buy maize balm for the maize balm farm and well that eventually got nerfed into the ground too. In fairness, the maize balm farm was more toxic in the open world than the AB chest farm.

Anyway there’s a very simple fix and that is to make the AB meta chests like the noxious pods in Dragon Stand where you can’t loot them unless you participated in the event. I’d be happy for them to improve the number of Grand chests below (revamping the ratio between grand, great etc) as a compromise.

My point was that the key quantities were changed and the chests weren’t. Stop blaming the chests. They’re the victims of circumstance.

My first couple sentences there were only a semi-serious response to the allegation that the chests giving five aurillium each was the reason for the squad-run multiple-instance gatheringness. It’s not. Anyone buying keys is a crazy person.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

My point is that it’s not urgent. I’m sure they’ll change it, but they don’t have to do it today.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SithFire.6193

SithFire.6193

Would be nice to see a dev response.

I agree.

Posted by: SithFire.6193

SithFire.6193

And Anet certainly didn’t make the noxious pods in Dragon Stand unable to be looted by multiple characters across multiple maps, nope.

You are able to loot noxious pods across multiple maps. You forgot, a lot of pods spawn around the camps. So, you can jump across different IPs to loot these pods.

Yeah people are really lazy/hysterical when labelling these things. It’s hardly an exploit, it’s more like unintended gameplay (no, I highly doubt it was Anet’s intention to make AB meta worth 30g+) arising from the changes in the major April patch.

You write about intention. So, was it Anet’s intention to
* sell Dungeons?
* sell SAB?
* do chest farms in SW?
* farm lvl 40 boss in fractals?
* have farm-maps in PvP?
* and so on…

No? Maybe you are right. But this is far away from being an exploit. And you also forgot: You have a timeframe to loot all these chests in AB.

Btw.: It’s a design decision that every player on the map will have access to the chests when AB-Meta succeed. It is not an instance as in DS. You may like it or not but multiloot is legitimate.

SkullProX.7083

Let’s not change topics, I never said it’s an exploit just that it’s unfair…
You do the meta ONCE, why would you have the right to loot 5-6 meta maps?

Selling dungeons and SAB etc. while I dislike that as well, untill people pay why not? If someone is willing to pay others for a completed dungeon etc let them be.
SW chest farm is not locked behind meta, and also it results in a way less gold/hour…

@Endless Soul It’s not a troll thread, you could’ve kept that really constructing comment to yourself Same goes for SkyShroud.

@Draknar It does affect the market prices of ectos and many other things…

EDIT: Really would be great if a team member would response to topics involved in gameplay/balance etc. and not only in discussions which involve gem store suggestions, gilder skins and other stuff which is for $$$ …..

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

@Endless Soul It’s not a troll thread…

Ok, so it’s a “I’m mad that other people are making money/mats/other stuff so I want to put an end to it” thread then?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Lodestone Draconis.7684

Lodestone Draconis.7684

This thread makes me giggle. “I have the only valid opinion because I do things my way and my way is best, everyone else can kitten on a biscuit.”

Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary.

SkullProX.7083

This thread makes me giggle. “I have the only valid opinion because I do things my way and my way is best, everyone else can kitten on a biscuit.”

The reason you are wrong, is that no one who is supporting the multi loot brought up any reasonable points . Not to mention very probably all of them are AB multilooters…

Shiyo.3578

I would really like Anet to be aware of this. Please.

Posted by: Qasa.7293

Qasa.7293

Well this is not as ridiculous sounding as the other thread but still makes me giggle.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The reason you are wrong, is that no one who is supporting the multi loot brought up any reasonable points . Not to mention very probably all of them are AB multilooters…

No one on the other side brought up any reasonably points, huh? Okay. No bias there. Happy face.

Let’s not change topics, I never said it’s an exploit just that it’s unfair…

Unfair to whom? You’re able to multi-loot as much as anybody. For it to be unfair, it would have to deprive someone of something. If it doesn’t and anet themselves are okay with it, where is the unfairness?

I haven’t tried this yet but the more you talk about it, the more I want to.

Shiyo.3578

It’s unfair because it means that if you aren’t doing it you’re making less gold/hour than someone doing it.

It means the items from the chest are going to drop in price, while the cost of everything else is going to up in price.

It ruins the economy. It’s bad for the game.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s unfair because it means that if you aren’t doing it you’re making less gold/hour than someone doing it.

I also don’t WvW or PvP, so I’m making less gold/hour than someone doing it. I haven’t done SW in a while, so I’m making less gold/hour than someone doing it. I’m not farming mats for hours a day, so I’m making less …etc.
The list goes on.. and on.. and this line of thinking is absurd. Should I be asking anet to nerf any part of the game I don’t take advantage of?

Also, there’s no competition about who makes the most gold per hour. No-one is depriving me of anything by doing more than I’m doing. I can’t believe you think this way. In your own mind, you’ve put yourself in a race against other people and demand that they be hampered because you can’t be bothered doing what it takes to win the race that you invented for yourself. It may be time to admit there is no spoon.

It means the items from the chest are going to drop in price, while the cost of everything else is going to up in price.
It ruins the economy. It’s bad for the game.

You seem to keep forgetting to put “in my opinion” on the end there. Apparently, anet are aware of this and even take part in it. As the makers of the game and having a huge vested interest in the stability of the economy, I’m leaning towards their view on it which seems to be that it’s okay.

At some point, you have to admit that the sky isn’t falling. No matter how much you want it to.

Shiyo.3578

You’re comparing doing things that isn’t making gold to people making gold.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

You’re comparing doing things that isn’t making gold to people making gold.

I don’t think that sentence means what you think it means.

EDIT: Look, let’s try a simple example. I take part in the AB meta. I loot the chests in the first room, but I don’t want to go any further and loot the other rooms. Other people do go further and loot the other rooms. They’ve made more out of the meta than I have. Should I ask anet to block off those rooms so other people can’t use them, or should i just go and do more looting? What do you think?

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

SkyShroud.2865

You need to work on your maths.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

SkyShroud.2865

Haha oh the irony of this response. Just ignore this thread everyone because I don’t like it.

Right back at you dude. Just because you dislike the farm personally, you are complaining about it even when the farm is keeping ecto from raising even higher. Like others mentioned, you seems to get a lot of things wrong too. You really just complaining it out of personal reason.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Amurond.4590

You are able to loot noxious pods across multiple maps. You forgot, a lot of pods spawn around the camps. So, you can jump across different IPs to loot these pods.

I’m sorry but this is just completely false. You cannot loot noxious pods unless you were on the map that completed the meta and participated.

You write about intention. So, was it Anet’s intention to
* sell Dungeons?
* sell SAB?
* do chest farms in SW?
* farm lvl 40 boss in fractals?
* have farm-maps in PvP?
* and so on…

Sell Dungeons/SAB – no, I don’t think it was ever their intention; they even said as much for the SAB one; which was an actual bug, so definitely not intentional. Selling dungeons/raids is probably not ideal but it’s also something much, much more difficult to fix I am sure.

Chest farm/FOTM 40 – both are considerably less gold than the AB meta farm. The old chest farm was nerfed. Note that these also require full participation; AB meta farm relies on looting chests from completed maps you had nothing to do with. That is probably my single biggest issue with it.

PVP farm map – not even in the same hemisphere as any of the aforementioned, but yes, they did try to nerf that too (changes to skyhammer, spirit watch, removal of certain dailies etc)

No? Maybe you are right. But this is far away from being an exploit. And you also forgot: You have a timeframe to loot all these chests in AB.

I never once said this was an exploit and even in the post you quoted I said it wasn’t. I didn’t forget there is a time-frame to loot these chests, it’s hardly even relevant tbqh, the time-frame is long enough to get 30+gold worth.

Btw.: It’s a design decision that every player on the map will have access to the chests when AB-Meta succeed. It is not an instance as in DS. You may like it or not but multiloot is legitimate.

It was a design decision originally, yes. But like others have said and like I have said (and am getting tired of repeating myself about it honestly), things when the April patch was released and made keys and currency awarded in abundance.

I don’t think instance is the right word. They’re both map instances. One is just timed, which I suppose does make it easier to code such designs as not being able to loot across DS maps.

Right back at you dude. Just because you dislike the farm personally, you are complaining about it even when the farm is keeping ecto from raising even higher. Like others mentioned, you seems to get a lot of things wrong too. You really just complaining it out of personal reason.

I did the courtesy of actually reading your post, you could at least give me the same by reading mine.

It’s not that I dislike the farm it’s that the precedent has been set for nerfing these kind of farms. The sticking point for me though is being able to loot the chests on maps you did not participate in.

And I’m sorry but what ‘lot of things’ have I got wrong? One error was pointed out but unfortunately that person is 100% incorrect so I’m sorry but you’re wrong too.

As for getting things wrong, I highly doubt this farm is having any great impact on the ecto prices (lol at the person saying they’d be 1g without this farm), people underestimate how many ectos are traded and brought into the game on a daily basis by other means. Is it having an impact? Sure. Is it having a huge impact (let’s define huge as ectos rising 20+s if this farm was removed)? No. No, no, no.

There is a certain irony about people who are clearly cashing in off this farm (and I don’t blame you for doing so) denouncing this thread for having a different opinion then complaining themselves that people disagree with them. Even funnier when they’re factually incorrect about certain things like DS pods…

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Amurond.4590

Oh right you were actually the person saying they’d be worth 1g with this farm. A moderator really needs to merge these two threads together as debating with multiple people (who turn out to be the same people) is a bit confusing.

Anyway if you think ectos would be 1g without this farm there is really no point in discussing any of this with you any further. Have a nice day.

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Ehh…AB multiloot creates no new gold, so the AH fees from shifting all your salvage loot around probably acts as an overall sink.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Ehh…AB multiloot creates no new gold, so the AH fees from shifting all your salvage loot around probably acts as an overall sink.

Exactly, different from Silverwastes where in a train with 50 people each chest will pump approximately 60 silver into the economy together with the mats, Auric Basin will only give things that can be sold for money but won’t generate more money, only gear, materials or recipes that can be traded and some account bound stuff.

If anything it’s reducing inflation while still giving players a shot at get some good gear out of it. You’re making lots of money because of this using the TP? That’s great because TP taxation is removing even more gold from the economy.

Posted by: Saudi.5320

Saudi.5320

Is this okay or no? Can we get a dev response?

Amurond.4590

My point is that it’s not urgent. I’m sure they’ll change it, but they don’t have to do it today.

Right. I agree with you then.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Feel free to share yours first.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t imagine it would be a problem. At the end of the day, you still have to gather all of the keys to open all those chests.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

SkyShroud.2865

I did the courtesy of actually reading your post, you could at least give me the same by reading mine.

It’s not that I dislike the farm it’s that the precedent has been set for nerfing these kind of farms. The sticking point for me though is being able to loot the chests on maps you did not participate in.

And I’m sorry but what ‘lot of things’ have I got wrong? One error was pointed out but unfortunately that person is 100% incorrect so I’m sorry but you’re wrong too.

As for getting things wrong, I highly doubt this farm is having any great impact on the ecto prices (lol at the person saying they’d be 1g without this farm), people underestimate how many ectos are traded and brought into the game on a daily basis by other means. Is it having an impact? Sure. Is it having a huge impact (let’s define huge as ectos rising 20+s if this farm was removed)? No. No, no, no.

There is a certain irony about people who are clearly cashing in off this farm (and I don’t blame you for doing so) denouncing this thread for having a different opinion then complaining themselves that people disagree with them. Even funnier when they’re factually incorrect about certain things like DS pods…

Precedent. Can you name me some that has multi instance looting and was nerfed?

Also, you seems to be rather oblivion about the ecto trend. Do you know that ecto supply was halved from 100k to 50k within a week and even drop to as low as 15k at some point before the wide publicity of this farm? You’ve totally overestimated how much ectos were pumped into the market before this farm. One can even argue that this amount of rares were intentionally allowed to prevent ecto from skyrocketing.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

SkyShroud.2865

Feel free to share yours first.

Ectos supply was halved and then continue to drop to as low as 15k, at some point even lower. I remember seeing ecto price skyrocketed by 10s within an hour. If you are that native to think that ectos has a lot of of supplies, maybe try going around doing your world bosses, dungeons or whatever and see how many you get, figure out how many you use yourselves and how many require to craft certain things. If you have any bigger sense of awareness, you will realize that the demand for ecto was going excessive high at one point and if the farm did not exist, I will assume it will be 70s by now.

For me is a plus if the farm never existed to start with, since I flip golds but I am not totally sure if you people want high ecto pricing.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Amurond.4590

Precedent. Can you name me some that has multi instance looting and was nerfed?

I was talking about the precedent of nerfing farms in general that Anet deem too much, toxic, or as a result of unintended gameplay. I’ve said previously that in fairness to the AB farm, it hardly creates any toxicity like embers, Queensdale champ train, or Maize Balm farms did. So it has that going for it. We can only speculate on the real reasons these farms were nerfed though. It could be a mixture of the reasons I suggested.

Also, you seems to be rather oblivion about the ecto trend. Do you know that ecto supply was halved from 100k to 50k within a week and even drop to as low as 15k at some point before the wide publicity of this farm? You’ve totally overestimated how much ectos were pumped into the market before this farm. One can even argue that this amount of rares were intentionally allowed to prevent ecto from skyrocketing.

Okay, and now for some facts rather than approximating, guessing and going off vague memory.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19721-glob-of-ectoplasm
Take the month graph and move the slider down the bottom to include all of April. I think gw2tp takes into account your current timezone so i’ll refer to days only and not specific times.

April 6th 2016
Ecto supply is 27,345
39.94s bid.
47.57s sell.

April 11th 2016
Ecto supply is 100,024. (increased of 72,679 – 8 days prior to the April patch)
40.57s bid.
45.79s sell.

April 18th 2016
Ecto supply is 31,861. (decrease of 68,163 – 1 day prior to the April patch)
43.29s bid.
48.62s sell.

Note that despite there being an extra 4500 supply on April 18th, the bid price is up ~4s and the sell price up ~1s from April 6th. Mostly due to the upcoming April patch, players returning, speculation etc.

April 27th 2016
Ecto supply is 128,633. (supply is now 96,722 higher! over a week after the April patch)
44.16s bid.
48.87s sell.

So look, the supply is 96,722 higher than my last time point, yet the bid has increased by 1s and the sell is a little bit higher. Now obviously what this says is a huge, huge increase in demand as well as suppy, that the price could be still rising. But the next points are the kicker.

May 4th 2016
Ecto supply is 14,692 (the supply is a staggering 113,941 less – two weeks after the April patch)
45.80s bid.
50s sell.

So the ecto supply has dropped by ~114k, yet the bid price has only gone up 1.64s and sell 1.13s. And herein lies the point. The ecto supply is at its lowest it has been for a long time, less than 15k. It’s fluctuating like crazy at this point yet even with this super low supply… the price hasn’t gone nuts, it’s slowly increasing like every mat. To ram this point home..

May 16th 2016
Ecto supply is a whopping 170,149 (the supply is a staggering 155,457 more, rougly 1 month after the patch)
47.01s bid.
49.94s sell.

So a massive 155.46k increase in supply sees… the bid rise by 1.2s and the sell drop by… 6 copper.

The ectos being generated by this farm really are a drop in the ocean. The demand vs supply for such a highly traded item will not be greatly impacted by a niche farm done by a ridiculously small % of the community. The supply is much, much higher than it was prior to the April update yet the prices have still increased. The amount of ectos traded per day (https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19721-Glob-of-Ectoplasm) is massive and is not impacted on a significant level by this farm. The other thing to remember is, say this farm is nerfed into the ground: people will just return to their old farms which generate ectos too, albeit at a slower rate. The enormous supply coming into the game will not simply disappear. It will decrease slightly, yes, but not anywhere near enough to rise the ecto price by any significant amount.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I don’t do the multi loot thing. I was just wondering why you think it’s unfair? I could care less if people do it. It doesn’t affect me in anyway. I agree it most likely isn’t what Anet intended. I just don’t understand why you’re upset with people making a little more gold. Jealousy? Investments going south?

Probably because it’s an obvious case of reward unbalance. There’s no reason for AB meta to have such a big reward.
For those who like it, it’s awesome. For those who don’t, it means either to spend a good amount of time on something you don’t like or getting behind economy wise.

I don’t have feelings one way or the other about this, but this is just some crap logic right here. Because it’s profitable, you must do it? Really?

Who’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do this?

But maybe I’m exaggerating. I mean after all there are just absolutely no other possible ways to make money in the game… right? None!

We must AB chest farm or by the gods we won’t be able to so much as eat, let alone clothe ourselves in the latest Black Lion apparel and accessories!

Lol…

SkyShroud.2865

Now, you extract the data out and highlight the area that interest only you. However, here’s the thing. Since you are looking at the trend itself, can you tell me exactly which point in the trend has a noticeable price increase, from there tell me what is the correlation between pricing and supplies.

The next Question is
Did you account for the timeline when AB farming becoming widespread? If AB farming were so well-known right from the patch, this post and similar should be there since then but surely, it isn’t.

Another question.
How many gw2 players do you think there are? If I say that because of the large gw2 population, supplies and demands can easily fluctuate in ten of thousands easily, do you agree?

Yet another question
Once you figure out the timeline of the AB widespread popularity, can you look at the trend again and tell me if you see any similar fluctuation like the past? Then, can you tell if it is really a drop in the ocean.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

There’s at least two other threads on this.
The dev response will be when they release a patch to fix it, in the meantime allegedly anet staffers are joining in on the farm and like all farms it will be showing up on the economic reports.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!