Death to the one we all hate >:D

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

So… in the cinematic at the end of living story (Spoiler alert) we saw that all sylvari who were on the pact ships turned against everybody else. Their eyes started glowing red and they were possesed by Mordremoth’s will. Some say it was because they were not protected by the pale tree’s influence since she was wounded and weak.
Now connect those facts:
1.All sylvari on pact ships are corrupted.
2.After that there is no return- you cannot go back to normal, you are a mordrem now forever.
3.Traeherne was also on one of these ships

I really hope we will have the opportunity to fight and maybe even kill him

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

That would be cliched and lame.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Actually the “hero” somehow being immune to the madness would be more cliché. But then again, i guess our Sylvari-chars are also immune (there is NO way they wouldn’t be X) )

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

1.All sylvari on pact ships are corrupted.

Not all. We know that in the first zone of HoT we will help Laranthir (a Sylvari) regroup the pact forces.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

“Fact” 1 is far from proven, yes the trailer showed some sylvari turning on the pact but we don’t know if it was all of them, they might just have been some sylvari from the nightmare court.

Posted by: xXLuggXx.4018

xXLuggXx.4018

In the Zaithan story we had to talk to the pale tree about our future. After this story we were asked what we are afraid of…
one of the answers was “have to kill someone I love” or something like that (could have been “hurt” and “like” )

I don’t remember something like this happend…but maybe now?

Personally I have no problems with Trahearn BUT wouldn’t be surprising (for anet) to turn an Allie to a new foe :-P

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You’ll find weak minds everywhere… Maybe they were nightmare court sympathizers.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

@xXLuggXx
That happened, it was part of “the greatest fear” storyline.

Anyway I think it’s quite likely that Mordremoth is the nightmare and those sylvari who are loyal to the dream and the pale tree are immune to Mordremoth (so all PC sylvari).

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In the Zaithan story we had to talk to the pale tree about our future. After this story we were asked what we are afraid of…
one of the answers was “have to kill someone I love” or something like that (could have been “hurt” and “like” )

I don’t remember something like this happend…but maybe now?

Personally I have no problems with Trahearn BUT wouldn’t be surprising (for anet) to turn an Allie to a new foe :-P

That question (all three greatest fears) was answered in a now-removed part of the personal story. The devs said they will bring it back though.

my duties will cause me to condemn someone to agony → Apatia’s story
responsible for the death of an innocent. → Tonn’s story
lose the respect of my comrades → The mesmer spy story

Posted by: xXLuggXx.4018

xXLuggXx.4018

Ohhh OK thanks

It has been a while playing the story xD

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I think all the silver were corrupted that gave in, like they made a choice to give in
to the power and the calling, like Vader did to the dark side of the force.

Posted by: Arachnaas.2093

Arachnaas.2093

I just want to finally finish killing Faolain. It pains me that Caithe’s abusive relationship has gone on for so long, but after finishing the living story it is apparent that her words at the end of Twilight Arbor are less than firm.

The player needs to end this sad little dance, too many people have suffered because Caithe isn’t strong enough to kill Faolain herself.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I do not hate Trahearne. I feel sorry for him.

Faolain, however, is a monster and has always been one. Yeah, I agree with the poster above, let us rid the world of that weed.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I do not hate Trahearne. I feel sorry for him.

Faolain, however, is a monster and has always been one. Yeah, I agree with the poster above, let us rid the world of that weed.

Yeah I agree with this – I like Trahearne and would not want to have to fight him.

Faolain on the other hand is a twisted kitten and deserves to finally be put down.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

It’s funny how everyone knows who this thread is about just by reading the title.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I hope he he becomes our sidekick and follows around everywhere outside of the story.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The hero always surviving no matter what is cliché. If Trahearne dying is clichéd then Game of Thrones is the most Clichéd show/book ever concieved.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You mean we finally get to kill Kormir? Count me in.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

“death to the one we all hate”

pewpew rangers?

oh wait…

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I like Traeherne.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey, now. A lot of us are not on the “I hate Traeherne” team!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I’d rather enjoy the death of Marjory and her barbie doll with no personality.

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

Spare Treherene….

Can we finally kill Caudecus? The guy is essentially a mustache twirling villain that Jena keeps over looking. Its about time we finally gave him Justice— Charr style

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well the other side feels cheated out of his\her glory by him. Same like kormir back then…but lets not go there…
He got the prophecy, the epic sword, the blessing of the pale tree and the leader role in the pact. What do i got? A bodyguard position for a group of destiny edge wannabes that call me boss to make me feel less lame… :\ I should be where thraherne is. I atleast dont need to get rezzed after every darn (story related) fight. Also he takes credit for MY work. While i bandage my bruised rear he struts arround giving orders and he wasnt even a military man before he took over the pact….ugh…

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

Ardenwolfe.8590

So . . . we’re actually jealous of Traeherne? He can have that job! Look where it got him. Snack food for his daddy Mordy. Well . . . at least it looks like it.

Besides, being a hero isn’t about the glory . . . it’s about the loot!

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Kasmeer is the WORST character in the entire game. Poorly written and just dull.

Sorry for derailing.

Basaltface.2786

So . . . we’re actually jealous of Traeherne? He can have that job! Look where it got him. Snack food for his daddy Mordy. Well . . . at least it looks like it.

Besides, being a hero isn’t about the glory . . . it’s about the loot!

still he does MY job while dont doing anything at the same time if that makes sence and takes MY credit for MY work and he got the sword I should own cause I AM the kittening guy who does ALL the work and saves the day ALL the time. He wouldnt even have made it through his own kittening prophecy if i wouldnt be there to protect his scrawny leaf kitten from getting kicked into the stoneage. So yea.. you could say i am jealous… and i cant even kittening use greatswords but thats besides the point here

Ardenwolfe.8590

Kasmeer is the WORST character in the entire game. Poorly written and just dull.

Sorry for derailing.

Really? Worse than Kiel?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I really really hope I can finally thrust my blade into Traehearnes’s chest and get rid of him for good. As an added bonus, we can finally have Kalebarg as our weapon :P

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Well the other side feels cheated out of his\her glory by him. Same like kormir back then…but lets not go there…
He got the prophecy, the epic sword, the blessing of the pale tree and the leader role in the pact. What do i got? A bodyguard position for a group of destiny edge wannabes that call me boss to make me feel less lame… :\ I should be where thraherne is. I atleast dont need to get rezzed after every darn (story related) fight. Also he takes credit for MY work. While i bandage my bruised rear he struts arround giving orders and he wasnt even a military man before he took over the pact….ugh…

And again :
http://breonnick.tumblr.com/post/110228431745/serpentwined-greekceltic-kisskicker

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

I don’t want to kill that dull vegetable. If I have to do it, his death won’t be slow and painful. I’d prefer it if there is a campfire in the new map where the thing is being roasted, and when you come near it you can interact with the creature to stab it with a glowing blade and it will scream in agony.

Basaltface.2786

And again :
http://breonnick.tumblr.com/post/110228431745/serpentwined-greekceltic-kisskicker

Dont care. I should be the pact leader. Without me none of this would be even possible. Sure… 20 years in orr helped him a lot to basically learn almost everything i did over the undead while fighting them 10 meters besides his downed body. Without me the stupid airships wouldnt even be in the air to shoot the darn dragon down… or did you see any npc or traherne defending the darn things from the weaves of undead that got thrown onto it in a way that was effective? Did he even discover the spring of orr without me talking to the former kings of orr to even know where he needs to do his kittening life mission? Oh yea and do tell me how he or the pact defeated the mouth of zhaitan to cut down the dragons way to eat… well after i defeated the now to risen turned ones. Oh yea and who protected everybody while they did experiments on the darn dead eye of zhaitan? Me.. without me they would be dead…well risen and they had taken their secrets to the grave and their knowledge to zhaitan. Also tell me who caught the undead who wanted to steal the krait orb that protects the fort…oh yea and tell me who even got the darn thing in the first place just to state a few examples why i should have his darn job. What did he do for 20 years in orr? In that time i would be strong enough to kittening solo zhaitan (what i eventually did to the dungeon to prove a point with some help to open the door who needs 2 people standing on buttons to open it, couldnt help it) and map out the entire land mass to the detail to KNOW where i find the place to do my job. He is a godforsaken bookman.. im sure he could have drawn a map with points of interrest SOMETIME in 20 years or anything like that. But whatever… he should be at my my side as advisor and nothing else.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Not gonna happen. Yknow why? Because she will most likely be the one to go for for Necros that want to learn how to (ab)use Great Swords, since she already is a Necro that uses a GS.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Agile Sound.7516

Agile Sound.7516

And again :

Dont care. I should be the pact leader. Without me none of this would be even possible. Sure… 20 years in orr helped him a lot to basically learn almost everything i did over the undead while fighting them 10 meters besides his downed body. Without me the stupid airships wouldnt even be in the air to shoot the darn dragon down… or did you see any npc or traherne defending the darn things from the weaves of undead that got thrown onto it in a way that was effective? Did he even discover the spring of orr without me talking to the former kings of orr to even know where he needs to do his kittening life mission? Oh yea and do tell me how he or the pact defeated the mouth of zhaitan to cut down the dragons way to eat… well after i defeated the now to risen turned ones. Oh yea and who protected everybody while they did experiments on the darn dead eye of zhaitan? Me.. without me they would be dead…well risen and they had taken their secrets to the grave and their knowledge to zhaitan. Also tell me who caught the undead who wanted to steal the krait orb that protects the fort…oh yea and tell me who even got the darn thing in the first place just to state a few examples why i should have his darn job. What did he do for 20 years in orr? In that time i would be strong enough to kittening solo zhaitan (what i eventually did to the dungeon to prove a point with some help to open the door who needs 2 people standing on buttons to open it, couldnt help it) and map out the entire land mass to the detail to KNOW where i find the place to do my job. He is a godforsaken bookman.. im sure he could have drawn a map with points of interrest SOMETIME in 20 years or anything like that. But whatever… he should be at my my side as advisor and nothing else.

I Rofl so hard at this lol!

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

-Mentions Traeherne becoming ‘Scarlet 2’ before running away to hide behind a table-

(edited by Tyrannical.9348)

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Honestly, Trehearne’s death could really add to the story. There’s the potential for a corruption plot, even with us taking him down. There’s the fallout of the Commander being potentially corrupted, even causing fractures in the Pact itself. There’s the idea of succession, who would replace him if he was gone. That alone could fuel a whole Living Story Season.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I dislike Trehearne, but not for the generic reason of “He stole my glory”, because quite frankly, I prefer playing as just a regular soldier among the forces against the dragons. Makes me feel like less of a mary sue character in the game.

I dislike Trehearne just because of his character. He annoys me. I also think hes a terrible leader. Quite often, he makes decisions, and I think “Bad idea, doing something like /this/ would be better.”, and just because, he talks too much. When those airships go down, I hope he gets crushed under the debris.

Posted by: FancyMrB.1498

FancyMrB.1498

I love Trahearne but I think it would be interesting/ fun to fight him if he were to be corrupted
http://thenornonthego.tumblr.com/post/110353575985/corrupted-trahearne-x

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Expected the thread to be about Queen Jennah…

oh well.

Attachments:

(edited by Prophet.6257)

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I don’t know how anyone feels like Trehearne stole their glory. He credits a lot of success to you, and by the end he gives you command over the pact to take down Zhaitan. In the personal story, your player character is the hero that defeats Zhaitan with the help of Destiny’s Edge.

Trehearne is probably the best written character in the original personal story. He actually has a story arc and some kind of development that is very apparent to anyone paying attention. Anyone who played a Sylvari probably knows this better than anybody else as he appears in their story before any other race’s story.

Mind you, all of the characters are written poorly in the personal story. The personal story suffered from lack of character development; it was detached throughout, and Trehearne was so “good” because he was present through most of it, especially if you were a Sylvari.

I remember during the beta when I played a Sylvari and chose the “Green Knight” story path, I was so intrigued by having a rival in the Green Knight. I thought the Green Knight was going to be reoccurring for me. How cool would have that been? A rival that was unique to my choice that would appear throughout the story… nope… just a throwaway arc.

Destiny’s Edge 2.0 is pretty well developed now though when compared to Trehearne.

TL;DR: Trehearne may be hated, but he is the most developed character in the personal story by a large margin, and that makes him the best character in my opinion. In fact, if he wasn’t so developed people wouldn’t have this strong opinion about him.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I don’t know how anyone feels like Trehearne stole their glory. He credits a lot of success to you, and by the end he gives you command over the pact to take down Zhaitan. In the personal story, your player character is the hero that defeats Zhaitan with the help of Destiny’s Edge.

Trehearne is probably the best written character in the original personal story. He actually has a story arc and some kind of development that is very apparent to anyone paying attention. Anyone who played a Sylvari probably knows this better than anybody else as he appears in their story before any other race’s story.

Mind you, all of the characters are written poorly in the personal story. The personal story suffered from lack of character development; it was detached throughout, and Trehearne was so “good” because he was present through most of it, especially if you were a Sylvari.

I remember during the beta when I played a Sylvari and chose the “Green Knight” story path, I was so intrigued by having a rival in the Green Knight. I thought the Green Knight was going to be reoccurring for me. How cool would have that been? A rival that was unique to my choice that would appear throughout the story… nope… just a throwaway arc.

Destiny’s Edge 2.0 is pretty well developed now though when compared to Trehearne.

TL;DR: Trehearne may be hated, but he is the most developed character in the personal story by a large margin, and that makes him the best character in my opinion. In fact, if he wasn’t so developed people wouldn’t have this strong opinion about him.

I played through every race, and almost see all the racial related story (all 3 sylvaris lines, all 3 asura lines, all 3 human lines, 1 Charr line, 1 Norn line), as well as going through all 3 organization’s story.

The best developed character, by far, is Tybalt..
He’s unique, he’s humorous, he’s interesting, he’s very spotlight-ish
He also has a really good story background.
I think he’s a much more successfully developted character than Treaherne by miles.

In addition, if you play an Asura, Zojja has really strong presence and personality in the racial exclusive story-line. She also is one of the dynamic characters that changed and grow throughout the story (including story dungeon) all the way to fighting Zhaitan.

If you play sylvari story, you can find out Caithe is one of the most cunning and unforgiving Sylvari aside from nightmare court, and I was always wondering why. Now we understand her past in LS2, these story build ups all make sense, and she turns out to be one of the most unique characters in the story.

To me, those characters are all much more well-developed than Treaherne ever could have been.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Calling every story hook a cliche is cliched.

If you look hard enough, there is no plot twist, story hook, setting, or character that hasn’t been used ten thousand times in every medium available in recorded history. Especially with the media boom that has happened since the industrial age. ‘Uniqueness’ is just not a fair measure nor has ever been, it is entirely dependent on personal perspective. With the amount of media in the world a ‘unique’ work to one person has been read, watched, and listened a thousand times over by another. Quality is a much better standard, though admittedly, ANet has had their share of both good and bad quality work.

Personally, I liked Trahearne fine in the early days of the story. He’s an introverted character (something even the best artists lack the balls to make a story around) called to adventure at first by a means he is comfortable with, studying by himself to find a way to cleanse Orr. But then he is thrust out of his solitary ways in to a more clear and direct path to cleanse Orr, that of leadership over the Pact. And it is from this point on in the story that his character becomes written in decreasing quality. His most closely held character traits just melt away with no apparent conflict, and we are left with a character that is just ‘doing stuff’ because it is necessary for the plot to proceed.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Killing Trahearne could be an easy excuse why Orr hasn’t been cleansed yet.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

angry rant against Trahearne

So you want the title, but do you want to manage the nitty-gritty details like troop numbers, maneuvers and other responsibilities? I’m more than happy to leave that up to Trahearne. Plus, if I’m just second-in-command, it’s much easier for me to slip away to do other things. And while it might be more of a convenience, the fact that he isn’t one of the three Orders is a pretty good reason.

You may want the glory, but remember all the responsibilities leadership has. (Plus, that means he leads the troops off to die, and might die himself.)

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

My characters certainly don’t want to sit at a desk (or wherever Trahearne does paperwork) half the time, so I was quite happy with how somebody else did that boring stuff.

Of course it’d have been nice with an option, etc. But just saying that it’s quite subjective a thing.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

It’s funny how everyone knows who this thread is about just by reading the title.

I thought it was about Logan. I’m greatly disappointed.

Posted by: Lurker.3609

Lurker.3609

I’ve already made a topic about it a while ago.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Objective-Kill-Trahearne
Just saying.

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I don’t think the player always needs to be the “prophesied hero/center of attention”. It’s kind of cliched and boring really. I’m glad that Trahearne took on that role.