Do you regret pre-purchasing HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think until raids are in and until fractal rewards are changed, and the new raid/commander UI is in, it’s still premature.

What an absurd thing to say. “You can’t judge the item for which you’ve already paid full price because there is a promise that more is to come.”

That stuff is coming in 4 days. It’s like saying you can judge a meal based on the appetizer alone. It’s all part of the meal even if it doesn’t come at once.

We were told raids would be coming after launch well before launch, because they wanted to give people time to level their masteries. And the raid UI is being worked on because of stuff the community asked for.

So it’s not absurd at all. It’s like judging the original Guild Wars 2 before guesting came out. It came out delayed and when it was put it it did what they said it was going to do.

MMOs aren’t racing games. It’s not just what you get in the box, but what it becomes.

I once bought a coral reef salt water tank. I paid a huge amount of money for it, and it was nothing but living rock in salt water for quite some time. But it grew and become worth the money.

I’m pretty sure that most MMOs and even most expansions at launch need improvement before they get to where they’re going.

Only the least experienced MMO players would say other wise, or people who are just generally disenfranchised and want to vent. Which are you?

Nice false dichotomy.

Perhaps other options exist? Anet sold the expansion as including Raids, new legendaries, etc and only announced that said would not be included at launcha fter collecting customers’ money. So perhaps people who want what they paid for are an option?

Adding raids weeks after HoT launch does not give people more time to level their masteries.

And, per your analogy, If your meal comes weeks after the appetizer you might have cause for complaint.

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I don’t regret it but I think the content is not accessible to many players especially solo players and I think they need to fix the nerfs they did to the elite specs. Some are atrocious.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No.

I actually fully enjoy the group play the game re-introduced. It’s nice to have whole maps of players actually banding together as opposed to the loot pinata fest that is the rest of the core game.

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Yes I do regret it

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Nice false dichotomy.

Perhaps other options exist? Anet sold the expansion as including Raids, new legendaries, etc and only announced that said would not be included at launcha fter collecting customers’ money. So perhaps people who want what they paid for are an option?

Adding raids weeks after HoT launch does not give people more time to level their masteries.

And, per your analogy, If your meal comes weeks after the appetizer you might have cause for complaint.

It’s not necessary to include raids on launch day. You wouldn’t be able to raid anyway due to lack of masteries. Waiting 3-4 weeks so people can properly prepare for the raids is totally Ok. Other MMO’s are doing it in the same fashion and no one is complaining there.

Besides there’s enough other stuff in HoT to keep you busy for the few weeks it takes until raids arrive. Do those things instead. Good luck.

Posted by: Zabiyaka.2567

Zabiyaka.2567

After Eir Stegalkin being killed I regret that this expantion even exists and I am unable to enjoy GW2 anymore.

But before that I had a lot of fun and faith in ANET and despite some smaller or bigger issues I would buy it even as a token of appreciation for wonderfull over 2 years of fun and passionate content.

(edited by Zabiyaka.2567)

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Nice false dichotomy.

It’s not necessary to include raids on launch day.

Oh? Just like it’s not necessary for people to buy HoT or to buy gems. I guess we should all just stick to what’s necessary and ignore those frivolous activities, right?

You wouldn’t be able to raid anyway due to lack of masteries. Waiting 3-4 weeks so people can properly prepare for the raids is totally Ok. Other MMO’s are doing it in the same fashion and no one is complaining there.

Weren’t you saying how people could get masteries in a couple days?

And are you sure no one is compaining about the delay for the release in raids in the other MMOs? Have you even bothered to look at the forums over there?

Besides there’s enough other stuff in HoT to keep you busy for the few weeks it takes until raids arrive. Do those things instead.

Do you mean grinding mastery points, grinding hero points or doing any of the other new grinds introduced with HoT? Because the real content has been exhausted for quite some time now, it appears. Which isn’t surprising, considering how little of it there was in the first place.

Good luck.

Better luck next time.

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

Paid $32.19 for my copy. Even at full price, I’ve sunk so many hours into this game. So no.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Do not regret vanilla purchase, it was a great buy.

But for HoT I totally regret paying 140 bucks after taxes for what is essentially a larger than usual DLC that recycles old content and calls it ‘new’. Also not a fan of this new F2P model that has crept in. GW2 is now just another f2p cash shop game to me.

I guess other MMO expansions that bring in entire new landmasses that can’t be almost fully explored after 2 days, dungeons, and other content that does not force me go back to old world I been farming for 3 years has spoiled me. Doh.

(edited by fixit.7189)

Posted by: Pezz.4758

Pezz.4758

Ive gone back and forth on this a few times but… Im honestly not sure yet.

I picked up Gw2 in january BECAUSE it was the most casual MMO on the market.
My hardcore days are years behind me.
i fell in LOVE with the idea that everything gives xp, play as you want, pursue cosmetics not power i LOVED it.

now HoT comes, and its just a throw back to the mmos i left. group content everywhere, gating whether it be grinds or time gating, raids, gear treadmill.

at this point i basically paid 50 bucks for elite specs and rev, which i do love by the way.
but im not going back into hot maps until it changes, and if it doesnt i guess ill move on.

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

Well. It did not live up to my expectations and the price I paid for it.

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Yes, It’s now even worth the £21 I paid for it!

Sure I got it less than the retail price of £35, but WvW sucks even more now as everyone wants to stay away from the new maps and get on EB. 50+ queues ftw.

You called us all neighsayers when we demanded more content details from HoT, well there you go, it was just as we expected, they didnt give us more details because there was nothing else to talk about!

They sold us DLC instead of an expansion!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I try HoT map again today. Get mad giant empty of player jump puzzle full with to many trash mob try to ruin my day. Can not even find good place to rest. I think we can see person that made SAB make part of these map. Just not fun more work than fun and interesting.

I do feel like way HoT is now it is between what story season 3 release at one time and expansion. Feel like some more than living story and some less than expansion.

Next expansion I will wait for release and then a few more week.

I will guess in 4-5 month HoT have sale for 20% less than now.

;)

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

My dollar to entertainment hours ratio has already made the ultimate edition purchase worth it; however, that being said, I’m still greatly disappointed in the product that we received.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Nope. even after that last story boss fight.
I have only completed the story and most of VB/AB. So far it has offered what I was hoping for – good open world pve, fun new elite specs, good story and variety (music, environment, events, mobs). I even fell in love with my alt thief. I love daredevil and finally enjoy playing that alt.

I have so much left to do and have not even tried WvW. May only personal complaint is that I am not done but Fallout 4 is coming in a few days. I wish the expansion had come out earlier so I could have finished more before Fallout. Oh well. first world problem lol.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I do regret it. It’s not $50 worth of content to me, and while there are some things I like, there’s a long list of of things I don’t.

Just some key points:
Some things like gliding and some of the new elite skills are a lot of fun. Kudos on that.

The new content is challenging, mostly in a good way, however they went too far by covering the roads with mobs and putting champs on hero points. There’s a point where “challenging” content just becomes annoying content. (Remember how annoying it was to get yanked around in Orr when the game first released?)

Mastery tracks in HoT make sense (Though I think everyone should get updraft to start.). In Tyria they make almost no sense. They’re kind of an afterthought in Tyria. I believe there was a lot more they could have done with the Tyria tracks, but their focus was on HoT.

But here’s where I really start detaching from GW2 after being here since beta: PvE appears to becoming the focus of GW2. I like doing everything in GW2. I PvE, sure, I love chasing the world bosses or just running events in Orr or Dry Top or SW.

But I also love WvW and PvP. And both those areas seem to have been shunted aside, now. The new WvW maps are a bust (read the WvW forums for details) and the new PvP map is okay, but PvP has been begging for new maps for years, so one map doesn’t quite cut it, imo.

Also, right now, you can only earn mastery credit through PvE. That’s a problem, one easily fixed by giving mastery credit to XP earned in PvP and WvW. But ANet could have easily done that by now, if they wanted. I suspect they don’t want to, because they want people to PvE in HoT.

I also have a huge problem with the story. The story was good in HoT, though a bit short and I hated, hated the death of you know who. But I haven’t been able to complete the final chapter. I don’t mind dying and having to do it, again, what I mind is it’s a huge time investment with no checkpoint back to the boss if you need to quit for a rl problem.

HoT also seems to be more buggy than I’d expect from ANet. Sure, all huge MMOs have bugs, but this doesn’t feel like an ANet caliber product.

All of this and more, actually makes me less inclined to play the game, in general. For the first time in three years, I’m looking at other MMO options. I honestly wasn’t feeling that way before HoT.

As others have pointed out, it feels more and more like ANet is investing in a F2P formula and that may be great for them, but it doesn’t feel at all like the awesome fun game I was playing 3 years ago.

Not gone, yet, but the thought is in my head, now.

PS. Did we really need aliens (exalted) in GW?? Did the storytellers learn nothing from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? : )

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I’m still greatly disappointed in the product that we received.

Me to

;)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think until raids are in and until fractal rewards are changed, and the new raid/commander UI is in, it’s still premature.

What an absurd thing to say. “You can’t judge the item for which you’ve already paid full price because there is a promise that more is to come.”

That stuff is coming in 4 days. It’s like saying you can judge a meal based on the appetizer alone. It’s all part of the meal even if it doesn’t come at once.

We were told raids would be coming after launch well before launch, because they wanted to give people time to level their masteries. And the raid UI is being worked on because of stuff the community asked for.

So it’s not absurd at all. It’s like judging the original Guild Wars 2 before guesting came out. It came out delayed and when it was put it it did what they said it was going to do.

MMOs aren’t racing games. It’s not just what you get in the box, but what it becomes.

I once bought a coral reef salt water tank. I paid a huge amount of money for it, and it was nothing but living rock in salt water for quite some time. But it grew and become worth the money.

I’m pretty sure that most MMOs and even most expansions at launch need improvement before they get to where they’re going.

Only the least experienced MMO players would say other wise, or people who are just generally disenfranchised and want to vent. Which are you?

Nice false dichotomy.

Yes but a game isn’t a meal. Not all analogies can be stretched.

When raids are introduced in 4 days they’re there for the duration. Yes it took a bit longer. This is like every MMO I’ve ever played. Really. They add things because they don’t have time to finish them. And if that wait is a month and we new the wait would exist before launch then people who are claiming to judge it without those things are pretty much just looking to complain. And I’m okay with that.

Because everyone can see that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

I don’t regret buying it, but I do wish Anet would be more proactive in addressing and fixing the numerous bugs still in HoT.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I am content.

I expect to see more adjustments as the population bleeds out ‘Tragedy of Orr’ style, but we’ll see how that goes.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nice false dichotomy.

When raids are introduced in 4 days they’re there for the duration. Yes it took a bit longer. This is like every MMO I’ve ever played. Really. They add things because they don’t have time to finish them. And if that wait is a month and we new the wait would exist before launch then people who are claiming to judge it without those things are pretty much just looking to complain. And I’m okay with that.

If the analogy doesn’t fit, you might want to consider not using it.

The wait was not announced until after Anet had players’ money. Anet stated that attempting to get a refund for HoT would result in the termination of a player’s full account.

Personally I don’t think that the delay is inappropriate, but you said that you get to decide why other people might or might not be unhappy with waiting for something they have already paid for. You are mistaken.

As to judging something…

You can only judge something in accordance with what it is, not what it might or might not someday be. You have spoken highly of HoT. Is your positive judgement of it invalid because you have not seen it in a more complete form? Or is it only people who do not have a positive opinion that are supposedly incapable of accurately or fairly judging it in an incomplete state?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

i am happy i pre purchased.

The expansion did increased my desire to keep on playing. Though i was not happy about new guild mission and the way to claim guild hall for tiny guild.

I did enjoy the new personal story and where it is heading. I like elite spec and the new map new enemies.

Overall i am impressed.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Divide your $50 by how many hours you have / will put into the new content and let the math speak for you.

I doubt anyone put less than 10 hours into the new content considering everything they added. That would be $5 per hour of entertainment for you. Many are probably already closer to 100 hours on the new content bringing your cost closer to $0.50 per hour.

I don’t know anywhere else we’d find interactive content for such value.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

No Regret, except it’s sad to see how few players and how long it takes to find others to do Dungeons now.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nice false dichotomy.

If the analogy doesn’t fit, you might want to consider not using it.

The wait was not announced until after Anet had players’ money. Anet stated that attempting to get a refund for HoT would result in the termination of a player’s full account.

Personally I don’t think that the delay is inappropriate, but you said that you get to decide why other people might or might not be unhappy with waiting for something they have already paid for. You are mistaken.

As to judging something…

You can only judge something in accordance with what it is, not what it might or might not someday be. You have spoken highly of HoT. Is your positive judgement of it invalid because you have not seen it in a more complete form? Or is it only people who do not have a positive opinion that are supposedly incapable of accurately or fairly judging it in an incomplete state?

The analogy can’t be STRETCHED. How I used it fit fine. An analogy is supposed to provide some idea of what you mean through another context. Anyone can find a flaw in any analogy by stretching it in ways it was never meant to be stretched. Bragging about it only shows a lack of the understanding of how analogies work. The analogy itself is fine.

Put simply I don’t judge a meal before it’s complete and I don’t judge a product before it’s complete.

Since we know that Raids and the new UII are part of this project and just delayed, it’s premature to judge the value of the package until they’re in.

At best you could say based on what was in the box at launch even though we’re getting more stuff, but what’s the point of that, unless you have an agenda?

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

I regret it. They introduced things in HoT they said they never will. We have some kind of holy trinity now with professions that can main heal, they introduced the grind to the game with events like in dragon stands where you have 10 minutes after a successful ~1,5 hour event to farm your mats, this is simply obscene. Profession Balance was already bad before but now they made it even worse with clear winners and loosers of the specialications in pvp. And last but not least they destroyed WvW which bothers me the most. The only thing that let´s me play at the moment is my guild, if they weren´t there i would be gone.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Nope I don’t regret buying it at all.

It was inevitable anyway; I love this game.

However yes, there are some things I will place my discontent with in regards to the way the new content was rolled out – particularly massive XP grind, gold sink guild halls, achievements being locked behind heavy group work OR time gated stuff/difficult events and the seemingly short story (I swear there’s more to it, come on ANet, I got a funny feeling here…) and the new WvW map being unfavorable but MOSTLY content that was changed/implemented “indirectly” near/post HoT – nerfs to certain game modes etc.

Despite all the bumps in the road I am thoroughly pleased with the x-pac and the contents within. Gliding is very fun and new for me – the verticalness in the new maps and how beautiful they are is outstanding and it really wows me how different they are compared to the core maps.

Loving all the shiny new skins, albeit there could’ve been a tad bit more armors added… The mastery system is interesting and I’m glad we actually have a reason for XP now beyond level 80, also partly related, those XP infusions made no sense prior to this change.

I hope for more awesome things and bug fixes/tweaks as there are still some problems I would like to see addressed in the new maps… Mainly the difficulty of TD meta events nd Chak Gerent is off putting in terms of it actually succeeding… Of which I’ve never seen it succeed. I also hope to see auto loot added to wvw, including raids to be challenging & rewarding.

TLDR: I’m having fun although there are some problems but no regrets!

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

i dont “regret it” but i m dissapointed in a few ways.

I like a lot of the new content and i think they will take some time to get fully into aswell. raids, fractal reworks, all the new achievments and collections for new legendarys and team pvp gvg..

BUT

all this basicly takes place in tyria mainly. you want to farm stuff? you still go to tyria.. and so on. beside the story..wich was a joke ( i think i spend more time with a living story than i did with this story aswell) the new maps are just unimportant at all.

like the map design is good but there is basicly no reason to be there. you do pvp in tyria, you farm in tyria, you go dungeons in tyria, you go to tyrias big cities.
while the maps are well done and fun to be in.. there is almost no reason to be in after you finished the story. like look at SW. its an old map and people still be in there just because there have a reason to do so. what about maguuma? i have my elite spec and had it with the 400 points. story completed. like now what? there are no dungeons, no new cool armor or weapon sets around. basicly nothing. i m done here because i dont need to do anything in here anymore and that sucks hard.

Posted by: Turbotef.9203

Turbotef.9203

@Tigaseye, and that is your opinion. I have mine, and like anyone else here I’m entitled to it. If you don’t like what I have to say next time you see my name skip past the post. Just like I will never know nor care what your response to this post will be. Here is snap judgement for you….. Your comment about the game being arduous, to me means you want Anet to hand everything to you on a silver platter and if you don’t get it, then well its just not good enough.

There is a vast difference between stuff being handed to you and working your kitten off for peanuts. The latter is usually the case for grinding and crafting your rewards in a horizontal progression game. Like this and Warframe (this game does it much better still though, more skill based and fun too). I shouldn’t even have to worry about gear in an MMO designed like this.

So glad I didn’t buy HoT and instead slapped $125 on the Blade and Soul master pack and $70 on the WoW:Legion LE. At least in those MMOs I don’t have to grind my kitten off for cool looking stuff not even half as long as I did in GW2.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Divide your $50 by how many hours you have / will put into the new content and let the math speak for you.

I doubt anyone put less than 10 hours into the new content considering everything they added. That would be $5 per hour of entertainment for you. Many are probably already closer to 100 hours on the new content bringing your cost closer to $0.50 per hour.

I don’t know anywhere else we’d find interactive content for such value.

Actually played a few F2P games for years. I’ve also spent money on experiences lasting 100-200 hours at the same cost of this expansion. They just so happen to be the pinnacle of my gaming life (The Witcher 3).

Time spent is not a good indicator of quality, lots of things here take longer just for the sake of it.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Given that I ‘pre-purchased’ a day or so before release, nope. But, to be honest, I knew I was going to play no matter what. Not exactly other choice MMOs out right now . . . plus I wanted to know what happens.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I have my regrets, some lingering, some dissipated.

Blocking off elite specs the way they did.. I was meh on it, but I look forward to building up my characters (and stealing sweet, sweet mastery experience in the process).

Revitalizing some of the rewards in old Tyria actually felt good. I can’t remember the last time I’d seen Orr so busy.

I could do with less Metroidvania in my exploration, but I’ll dig in until I get 100%, anyway. Gliding really is just too fun, sometimes.

Story is much improved. Or at least a little. Spoiler free, the ending of the current chapter is a bit whathefuh, but I genuinely enjoyed a fair portion of it.

So why the regrets?

Enemy design is a repetitive cluster-bomb. Does it say something that the chak are the most tolerable? Mordrem guard are fairly decent, though I have my arguments about the snipers (just a bit :P).
A good 80% of HoT can be summed up in two bullet points:

• Thief-type enemies that insist on range/evade and spam skills with low/no cooldowns. (Snipers, frog, the triple-deathblossom mordrem)
  • Dinosaur-related enemies that charge-knockdown with low/no cooldowns. (Arrowhead, mushroom charger, Mordrem cavalier, some other dinosaur I can’t recall the name of)

Noting the above, I don’t even regret playing HoT for that, but the combination of playing HoT with poorly designed, one-note mobs and my poor over-nerfed warrior.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Not at all. Its a lot of content all at one time so only thing that is off it trying to find activities that everyone wants to do at the same time, therefore it is fragmenting some play since people are going in various directions. That by itself should be an indicator that there is a lot to do.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Anet stated that attempting to get a refund for HoT would result in the termination of a player’s full account.

Only if you bought the core game and HoT together. I bought the core game years ago, I got a refund for HoT and I still play on my core account.

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

yes, I regret supporting them with pre-purchase. Had I known that the one (WvW) of the 3 modes will be completely missing of enhancement I would never had pre-purchase it.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

No regrets at all. I enjoyed leveling Revenant normally. I love playing Herald, with how it feels like Guild Wars, using Energy, Upkeeps and Pips, absolutely love it—became my new main and splurged thousands of Gold on it. But I also like all the other Elite Specializations.

The new zones are fun once you’ve done some event chains and gotten your bearings (PSA; It’s one of the best ways to learn them, start from a Waypoint and follow the chains). I enjoy unlocking my Mastery progression without grinding or (imo.) exploiting endless spawns in some remote location/dungeon (and I think it’s a shame they didn’t do anything about it, as it made Masteries trivial). There’s a good amount of new skins, one of which I really hope to get my hands on, Ebb. I like the Tarir meta, Tangled Depths meta (even if it fails a whole lot), and especially the Dragon’s Stand meta—that one’s amazing. New stuff to do in Fractals are nice. The Ascended tier Aqua Breather recipes (they’re on TP too), at last. So many achievements to hunt. There’s an overload of things to do, and I’ve played more in the weeks since HoT than I have in the past year.. almost combined. I was so burned out on content drought, that this was just what I needed to get hooked again.

Nope, I don’t regret pre-purchasing Heart of Thorns, not even a tiny bit. There are things that bugs me though. Alpine Borderlands being straight up taken away is not cool, no pun intended. They could have had one of the Borderlands be Alpine at the very least. Who cares what corner you are in.. that’s not how we win in World vs. World. It doesn’t matter if you got the central location or not, it’s not going to magically make you win that matchup. We can easily have 3 different maps without that being “unbalanced”. Anyone saying otherwise are short sighted and can’t see the bigger picture. Coverage is what wins. I really dislike that they took out Influence from Guilds, as it was a great way for the individual person to contribute in a Guild, doing what they want to do. Influence could have been used to purchase materials for upgrades in the Guild Halls, lessened the need to beg/guilt members to donate x and y. I also am wholly against the Commemorative statues from the old system. I think it’s unfair to those who were close to maxing their Guilds, and to any Guild created after HoT released. But overall, I do love the expansion.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

As said by a couple people now, you cannot measure worth by the amount of time you have played this dlc.

Yes you may have spent 100 hours on it already, but what if 80 hours of that was grinding xp for your masteries. It’s not exactly fun, or real content, it’s a grind.

Guild Hall upgrades: more grinding for mats. HoT is nothing more than a big old grinding dlc.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

As said by a couple people now, you cannot measure worth by the amount of time you have played this dlc.

Yes you may have spent 100 hours on it already, but what if 80 hours of that was grinding xp for your masteries. It’s not exactly fun, or real content, it’s a grind.

Guild Hall upgrades: more grinding for mats. HoT is nothing more than a big old grinding dlc.

Well it’s time to get cracking on that content, November is not a month you don’t want to mess with this year, the releases in this month alone are incredible.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Regret buying hot? No… But I have been incredibly sadden to find my favorite content, Fractals, have been rekt. Rewards are bad. Bad bad. BAD. As long as my wife plays though, so will I.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Nope. It’s actually a challenge now to wander through the world.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Starknight.3759

Starknight.3759

I don’t regret.
Alltho im pretty sure i will level up my maguuma masteries only untill i have items for my specialization skin and then never go to maguuma maps again,since they are not rewarding at all.Especially the Mouht of Mordremoth event is so long and yet rewards are on pair with Tequatl but time required for Teq is 15 mins.

Fight for what you believe in!!!!

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

I regret that i bought HoT – maps are empty, soloing most events isnt an option, really hate new maps design, nerfing and gating all around, nerfed fractals and butchered dungeons, lots of unfun grind as usual, story is terrible, bad writing, abysmal cut scenes, mediocre soundtrack.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

If what was released on launch day is all the new content other than raids? Yes.

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

I do, for many obvious reasons, most notably the price of the expansion, the current game model (F2P, overpriced gem store that supports gambling), in-game design decisions (character design, gating of stuff, horrible map difficulty for casual players)…

Worse than worst.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I regret it. It offers nothing I care to play. I find myself playing the old content just for the joy of auto-pickup.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Hmm feeling slightly burned out I have to admit.

Then again I still find the time to sink about 2-4 hours into the game when ever I find time.

That and the fact that since HoT launch I’ve sunk probably 200-300 hours into the game I’d have to go with: No.

Had I taken things a little bit slower instead of no-lifing as much as I could I’d feel even better.

That being said, i do hope we see some attention to bugs and map population. Maybe even at some point in the future experience from any area towards masteries. It’s very depressing when playing Tyria and having everything maxed that the experience doesn’t spillover into HoT masteries. I do understand why that is though so not that big of an issue yet.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Considering the product isn’t even finished, it’s hard to say.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I do regret pre-purchasing. The only value to that is in being able to play the new content RIGHT NOW when it releases. In the future, I will probably wait until the new expansion is out, see how it looks and wait for it to go on sale if I like what I see. I am mildly disappointed with HoT – so many things I like weighed against a lot of things I really don’t that I can’t imagine I’ll be fooled by the hype train again.

I know that we haven’t seen the full value of HoT yet – it will expand as the story continues, but I didn’t need to pre-purchase the game to experience content that won’t be released for several months.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t know that I can say I regret it yet.

If, however, a month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. down the road, I can’t get my alts through the content enough to even finish their maps, then yeah, I’m really going to regret this purchase.

To me, content is really only fully worth its money value if I can play all of my characters in it.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Do you regret pre-purchasing HoT? YES