GW2 is No Longer a Refuge :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

‘Building hype with little to no pertinent information with which to make an informed decision? That is sort of the point… when you’re trying to con someone.’

THIS. - I read pretty much everything – I did NOT watch the hours and hours of twitch streams because frankly I should be able to get enough info without it becoming a second job.

I feel like ive been professionally Grifted – and lets be honest design decisions are PURELY being made by the economist at this point – this world is actually less forgiving on time/reward than many places in the REAL WORLD – and that’s after a worldwide economic breakdown that almost killed the banking system.

- and creating a map wide system that relies on large populations to even be able to play on that Map is the most gargantuan kitten up of project management ive ever seen in gaming.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Informed with what? What blog posts?

Anet issued a pre-purchase campaign base on…. Right – little to nothing to go on but innuendo.

We had several beta weekends through which they willingly omitted salient facts about how certain aspects of coming contents were meant to be attained -waiting til nearly the eleventh hour to be open about any of it.

If we’re being honest, Anet went out of their way to make it nigh impossible to make anything even remotely resembling an informed purchase for Hot.

Building hype with little to no pertinent information with which to make an informed decision? That is sort of the point… when you’re trying to con someone.

Yea they said nothing about it.
On feb 4 6 months prior to expansion
Challenging Content

One of our focuses in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is to provide truly challenging content for our players to overcome. Within the jungle, you’ll encounter entirely new species, creatures, and bosses that are more advanced than the encounters we’ve introduced in the past. These encounters will require greater skills and tactics to overcome, whether you’re adventuring through our jungle on your own or with a party. Not only are we presenting these new challenges throughout the outposts and adventures you’ll find in the jungle, but they’ll also be layered across other types of content experiences. As we get closer to the release of the expansion, we’ll come back and give specific details on the new types of challenging group encounters we’ll be introducing to Guild Wars 2 and explain how these new types of challenges work within the Guild Wars 2 content experience.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/journey-into-the-heart-of-maguuma-in-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/

That was all the way back in page 26 in the news section maybe you should skim through the other 25 pages and see how little information they did put out mate

I’ll give you a link since you clearly havent seen this page before.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/page/25/

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The raid was designed for organized groups of highly experienced and geared players to have a challenge. Anyone who complains about the raid being inaccessible is missing the point.

Oh. That so? Then let that sort of content be developed in future(assuming there is one)with the funds coming only from that percent of the player base. Then see how good it is.

That’s a rather disingenuous statement … for 3 years the people that wanted harder content have been funding content for scrubs … I don’t suppose you think they should get their money back now do you?

The fact is that people that can’t do raids aren’t being left out. There is tons of easy content for them to do. .. or they have the option to step up their game.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Dejavu.2349

Dejavu.2349

Once again, This thread isn’t about raids. Nobody here gives a rat’s kitten about raids.

This thread is about Anet completely disregarding an entire player class. If you are not of that player class, I see not how your opinion even matters in this thread. The relevant opinions are of those feeling disenchanted and Anets. We are here to let Anet know how we feel and I, for one, plan to make sure they hear me. So far, I have no indication they’re even paying attention – they’re too busy tuning things to their smaller, but obviously more important player strata. They basically built an expansion for big guilds on the backs of small guilds then told the small guilds to F off.

I did read the blog posts and watch the streams before the expansion and there was NOTHING – not one single moment – indicating the requirements to build a guild hall would take super small guilds the rest of their natural-born life to farm (not all of us are young tykes with no experience or solid foundation for our beliefs).

The real take-home message was that if I build my guild up to level 24 (across all areas), I’d get cool stuff. So I did. They then took away everything I had build and put it behind a wall along with all the new guild stuff.

I asked for reimbursement of all the gold I put into my guild (I was willing to forget about all the time and banners, etc…), so I could feel better about joining another guild. They refused, so here I am. I will be here until I either get properly compensated or until they make guild hall’s reasonably achievable by smaller guilds.

I’m also tired of the this is an MMO… of course guilds matter argument. This game came out in 2012. I’ve been playing for 3 1/2 years and didn’t need to be in a bigger guild until HOT. They set my expectations over 3 years. I didn’t set my own expectations… you can’t completely change the very focus of a game and expect nobody to notice or care. There are also many reasons to play an MMO solo… as I and many others have mentioned before. With very few exceptions (I can only think of one – Skyrim), you get around 40 hours of enjoyment out of a solo game. I put upwards of 3 years (not counting sleep) of my life into another MMO and am at 2424 hours into GW2 with every intention (up until recently) of surpassing my logged hours for that other game. I love the non-linear model Gw2 chose, but they may be moving away from that given their recent decisions.

Bloodstealer is right and it’s something I have said in other forums… Playing an MMO means you’re playing online alongside massively multiple other players. It does not mean that play has to be cooperative or that I have to put up with other’s bullkitten. I loved that I could play GW2 however I felt like at each moment I logged on.

Obtena.7952

Once again, This thread isn’t about raids. Nobody here gives a rat’s kitten about raids.

This thread is about Anet completely disregarding an entire player class.

But no class of player is being disregarded.

1. Anet made it very clear HoT was a step up in challenge. Not sure what that means to most people but for me it means ‘if your a scrub, don’t buy this’.
2. The player class you claim is disregarded has been catered to for the last 3 years.
3. Even if someone isn’t a pro gamer, there is still much that can be accomplished in HoT.

Linken.6345

This thread is about Anet completely disregarding an entire player class. If you are not of that player class, I see not how your opinion even matters in this thread. The relevant opinions are of those feeling disenchanted and Anets. We are here to let Anet know how we feel and I, for one, plan to make sure they hear me. So far, I have no indication they’re even paying attention – they’re too busy tuning things to their smaller, but obviously more important player strata. They basically built an expansion for big guilds on the backs of small guilds then told the small guilds to F off.

I did read the blog posts and watch the streams before the expansion and there was NOTHING – not one single moment – indicating the requirements to build a guild hall would take super small guilds the rest of their natural-born life to farm (not all of us are young tykes with no experience or solid foundation for our beliefs).

The real take-home message was that if I build my guild up to level 24 (across all areas), I’d get cool stuff. So I did. They then took away everything I had build and put it behind a wall along with all the new guild stuff.

I asked for reimbursement of all the gold I put into my guild (I was willing to forget about all the time and banners, etc…), so I could feel better about joining another guild. They refused, so here I am. I will be here until I either get properly compensated or until they make guild hall’s reasonably achievable by smaller guilds.

I’m also tired of the this is an MMO… of course guilds matter argument. This game came out in 2012. I’ve been playing for 3 1/2 years and didn’t need to be in a bigger guild until HOT. They set my expectations over 3 years. I didn’t set my own expectations… you can’t completely change the very focus of a game and expect nobody to notice or care. There are also many reasons to play an MMO solo… as I and many others have mentioned before. With very few exceptions (I can only think of one – Skyrim), you get around 40 hours of enjoyment out of a solo game. I put upwards of 3 years (not counting sleep) of my life into another MMO and am at 2424 hours into GW2 with every intention (up until recently) of surpassing my logged hours for that other game. I love the non-linear model Gw2 chose, but they may be moving away from that given their recent decisions.

Bloodstealer is right and it’s something I have said in other forums… Playing an MMO means you’re playing online alongside massively multiple other players. It does not mean that play has to be cooperative or that I have to put up with other’s bullkitten. I loved that I could play GW2 however I felt like at each moment I logged on.

And you still dont need to be in a big guild, you can pop in for awhile later down the line and get all the skins you desire and then leave.

What you cant do is have everything Now.

You still can play how ever you want, guild halls arent in the way of that.
Said it before in this thread what you want is personal housing anet never promised that.
Just becor 9 persons so sign myuse they made it easier for you to start a guild instead of standing in LA Paying 20 gold for guild charter spam ( that we all love so much) so you could start your guild they made it 1 done and expected people to grow from there.

About the 24 levels before are you saying you dident get your guild hall decoration? becouse thats all that was promised for that.

We also want to celebrate your progress through the disciplines. It takes a lot of time and effort to unlock research levels, and if your guild managed to research all 24, that is seriously impressive! When Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns goes live and the Guild Initiative opens its doors in Lion’s Arch, we’ll have a welcoming NPC just outside the building. Upon one of your guild leaders speaking with that NPC, your guild will receive an exclusive guild hall decoration

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/rethinking-guilds/

Edit
For people talking about banners there must be a bug as you can clearly read here it should be granfathered

In the case of other upgrades that are moving to the new system relatively unchanged, such as the guild banners and the guild vault, we’ll be grandfathering access to those upgrades for any guild that unlocked them in the current system. If your guild had obtained the necessary research level and prerequisites to have consumables like banners or Vault Transport unlocked under the current system, you will have them unlocked to craft in the new system.

Edit
All the time stuff is gone was clearly advertised it would be instead replaced with the buff you get from tavern (as we know now) it wasent said were it came from but it would come from a building.

This whole topic reminds me of this https://youtu.be/emqPjCOkwFw?t=85

(edited by Linken.6345)

Dejavu.2349

1. Anet made it very clear HoT was a step up in challenge. Not sure what that means to most people but for me it means ‘if your a scrub, don’t buy this’.
2. The player class you claim is disregarded has been catered to for the last 3 years.
3. Even if someone isn’t a pro gamer, there is still much that can be accomplished in HoT.

1. I’m okay with challenge. Again… not talking about raids. If I want to raid, I’ll ditch my awesome toughness gear and raid. My point is I like to be able to play however I want. My point is valid because that’s how it’s been for 3 1/2 years. Again…
2. They can’t completely change the focus of a game and expect nobody to notice or care. Many of us played this game because it was casual friendly.
3. Casual != Scrub. I bet I’ve put more time and money into this game than 90% of it’s player base. I have been playing MMO’s (most through their available content, including all raids) for well over a decade. This game WAS my refuge and I want it back. I am no scrub.

You don’t have to agree.

Obtena.7952

I wasn’t talking about raids either. Anet said the whole of HoT was a step up in challenge. Focus of the game hasn’t changed, it’s still Barbie and Ken Dress up MMO and still allows for non-pros to play 99% of the game and feel good about how awesome they killed that mob while watching Netflix and pressing 1. Game is still casual friendly; they haven’t removed any of the content that all the casual people love to do.

I get it .. even though Anet warned you about the difficult content, you were hoping for something different and bought HoT anyways. It’s got some surprises you don’t like that offend your ‘want to solo an MMO’ playstyle and now you’re unhappy and trying to think of ways to show how the wool was pulled over your eyes.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A guild hall is for a guild, not for 3 players. Also, the guild hall is not much content, it’s just a huge area with nothing in it (well with fluff in it if it’s filled with… fluff like a chair you can’t even sit on).

Besides the +% food the tavern guy gives me, and cheap transportation to the Magus Falls, I don’t need it.

The skins. The entire purpose of this game behind a wall of friends I don’t have. If it was all just a place to run around, I wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten . It’s not about buffs (though 10% xp, karma, etc is nice when you’re leveling or farming… It’s about the skins we won’t have. It’s about the principle of the thing…

Content gating can suck my butt.

Not every game and game’s content can satisfy everyone’s need, deal with it. This is an MMO and it follows mostly the guidlines of an MMO. Why can’t people accept this? I don’t like those skins actually, but yes, this is an argument.

The reason I play this game is because it wasn’t just another MMO… until now. It was different, a beautiful refuge.

Why can’t you accept that not everyone loves the guidelines of other MMO’s? I’ve played them all and am SO freaking tired of their linear progression models and requisite guilds and reputation grinds, etc… blah blah…

There are many reasons to play an MMO even when you’re a solitary soul. Just think about the total amount of time you can put into a non-MMO. Skyrim gets the most hours of any non-MMO, but most others… what? 40 hours? If you’re lucky. I put 3 years of hours (not even kidding) into Wow before I quite after Cata. I am 2406 hours into GW2. That’s over 100 full days. Clearly, I have staying power… when I have viable reasons to stay.

You are playing a game called Guild Wars 2.. and complaining about requisite guild stuff. like.. the clue is literally in the name. I’m sorry, I understand it must be frustrating – but quite simply 3 people is not what I’d call a small guild – as already stated it’s not even a party. You can’t do dungeons or raids with that few people – and those both have skins associated, and dungeons have been in since release. By your logic, that itself is wrong – and I’m sorry, but an MMO is designed around large groups of people working together (that’s why it’s Massively Multiplayer, not Miniscule). To do most things in this game, you are going to have to deal with more than 2 or 3 people at once, and to complain about this in such a manner is, quite frankly, more than a little narrow minded. As someone else suggested, you should increase the size of your guild. Even just to say, 20 people. It’d take a while, but you’d still be able to get some of the content you feel you have been so unjustly locked out of.

When was the ability to do dungeons with only two or three people (or solo for that matter) removed from the game?

As it stands, according to the game, one person can be a guild.

Dejavu.2349

I’ll pretend I didn’t see this part at all because you can’t be this stupid.

Just becor 9 persons so sign myuse …

You’re just regurgitating information we already know.

I will get my guild decoration – when I get my guild hall. We can’t open it up with the actives we have (2-3). Sure I could ask for help from random people I don’t care about, but… no. I shouldn’t HAVE to. If they don’t want 2-3 person guilds, they should make the requirement higher. IF they let you be a guild, they should let you have a guild hall without having to pander to others. Regardless, claiming the guild hall isn’t my concern in this thread. Scroll up to the top of page 1 and review. We will claim it soonish… on my husband’s terms (not mine)… He has a plan that is totally outside Anet’s expectations of this xpac…. as usual.

Yes I’m fully aware of tavern buffs… That are behind a mat wall. a HUGE mat wall to get to 10% – They took them away and are making us work for the same kitten again. It’s just inconsiderate. My opinion stands as valid.

I have to go roller skating, so enjoy your day!

Dejavu.2349

I wasn’t talking about raids either. Anet said the whole of HoT was a step up in challenge. Focus of the game hasn’t changed, it’s still Barbie and Ken Dress up MMO and still allows for non-pros to play 99% of the game and feel good about how awesome they killed that mob while watching Netflix and pressing 1. Game is still casual friendly; they haven’t removed any of the content that all the casual people love to do.

I get it .. even though Anet warned you about the difficult content, you were hoping for something different and bought HoT anyways. It’s got some surprises you don’t like that offend your ‘want to solo an MMO’ playstyle and now you’re unhappy and trying to think of ways to show how the wool was pulled over your eyes.

You said nothing of value after clearly not reading or comprehending my replies in this thread… again. Run along now…

Obtena.7952

My problem with your complain about GH’s is that it’s based on the number of people in your guild. See, that’s not actually your problem because we all know the barrier to doing GH isn’t people in the guild, it’s gold.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

You said nothing of value after clearly not reading or comprehending my replies in this thread… again. Run along now…

The guild halls IMO were a QoL update, Not Content

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Dejavu.2349

My problem with your complain about GH’s is that it’s based on the number of people in your guild. See, that’s not actually your problem because we all know the barrier to doing GH isn’t people in the guild, it’s gold.

It’s Mats… That some people will buy with Gold, Sure. I prefer to pay them for Black Lion Market things… not for gold to get a basic quality of life back. Maybe when I’m bored enough, I’ll go through the mat list and assign current gold values to everything, so we can see just how much it would take…

But no, inherently, it’s not Gold.

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I am a huge GW2 fan – I’ve brought many people to the game and have been playing since beta, but the reasons I’ve had to come back to this game between every other MMO are pretty much gone.

I’ve played every major MMO from it’s launch through it’s content at launch. Some games (SWTOR, for instance) I get done with all available content before they’ve even finished the intended starting content, so I leave… and I don’t come back. Ever. Other games take a while longer (like WoW expansions, which I stopped buying after Cataclysm or Rift), but when I left, I left. It was done. Finished. Over. GW2 has been my mainstay since it’s launch and, sadly, it won’t be for much longer due to the fact that I can no longer experience all it’s content without being in a guild. A big guild, at that.

The primary reason I kept coming back to GW2 was that I could see all of it’s content without having to deal with people (I’m always a guild/raid leader in other games and that just wears me down) and still be as relevant as I was when I started a break – sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months; I knew the same great game would be waiting for me when I came back. And I put a lot of hard-earned cash into this game because I loved it so much and it earned it.

That has changed and this is why:
https://goo.gl/ZXBiva
I made a little spreadsheet of the required materials just for Resotration 1-affiliated builds in the Guild Hall. This isn’t nearly a quarter of the materials needed to get to the actual content like Weaponsmith 2’s, which require completion of nearly all builds in restoration 2 and a guild level of 40.

So, basically, not only can my small guild not even claim it’s own Guild Hall with it’s 2 or 3 people (family – pretty much the only people I can stand any more), but we have to get to guild level 40 and get an insane amount of materials – like completely impossible within the expected lifetime of this game (my kids will be through college before I was able to grind out all materials)- in order to fully experience the game.

I’m done.
I’ll play until I leave (again) for another game, but this time, I’ll have a WHOLE LOT LESS reason to come back. Right now, the MMO field is pretty sparse and dry, so I’m good for a while…. But I’m extremely disappointed that my refuge game is now just another game in a pile of grindy games that require I pretend to like other people. I just won’t do it. Unlike some people, I’m not a pretender… I really am incapable of feigning interest any more.

If you wanted a Refuge game, try playing more single player games, or much simpler games. This IS an MMO, ya know?

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Reading through the discussion, it seems GW2 is indeed a refuge.

But what is it a refuge for?

I think that’s becoming increasingly obvious.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am a huge GW2 fan – I’ve brought many people to the game and have been playing since beta, but the reasons I’ve had to come back to this game between every other MMO are pretty much gone.

I’ve played every major MMO from it’s launch through it’s content at launch. Some games (SWTOR, for instance) I get done with all available content before they’ve even finished the intended starting content, so I leave… and I don’t come back. Ever. Other games take a while longer (like WoW expansions, which I stopped buying after Cataclysm or Rift), but when I left, I left. It was done. Finished. Over. GW2 has been my mainstay since it’s launch and, sadly, it won’t be for much longer due to the fact that I can no longer experience all it’s content without being in a guild. A big guild, at that.

The primary reason I kept coming back to GW2 was that I could see all of it’s content without having to deal with people (I’m always a guild/raid leader in other games and that just wears me down) and still be as relevant as I was when I started a break – sometimes a couple of weeks, sometimes a couple of months; I knew the same great game would be waiting for me when I came back. And I put a lot of hard-earned cash into this game because I loved it so much and it earned it.

I made a little spreadsheet of the required materials just for Resotration 1-affiliated builds in the Guild Hall. This isn’t nearly a quarter of the materials needed to get to the actual content like Weaponsmith 2’s, which require completion of nearly all builds in restoration 2 and a guild level of 40.

So, basically, not only can my small guild not even claim it’s own Guild Hall with it’s 2 or 3 people (family – pretty much the only people I can stand any more), but we have to get to guild level 40 and get an insane amount of materials – like completely impossible within the expected lifetime of this game (my kids will be through college before I was able to grind out all materials)- in order to fully experience the game.

I’m done.
I’ll play until I leave (again) for another game, but this time, I’ll have a WHOLE LOT LESS reason to come back. Right now, the MMO field is pretty sparse and dry, so I’m good for a while…. But I’m extremely disappointed that my refuge game is now just another game in a pile of grindy games that require I pretend to like other people. I just won’t do it. Unlike some people, I’m not a pretender… I really am incapable of feigning interest any more.

If you wanted a Refuge game, try playing more single player games, or much simpler games. This IS an MMO, ya know?

This game was advertised as being something for those who don’t like other MMOs.

Dejavu.2349

Try reading… I’ve already responded to your totally unoriginal “this is an MMO” response… 3 times in this thread alone.

Oh… but I do play SP games… occasionally. They don’t offer me as much bang for my buck and aren’t nearly as entertaining.

(edited by Dejavu.2349)

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I’m done.

This game was advertised as being something for those who don’t like other MMOs.

Because its slightly different from other MMOs. The game shares some similarities, even small ones, with other ones out there. You can’t expect every game of the same genre to not have similarities with other games.

Obtena.7952

It’s Mats… That some people will buy with Gold, Sure. I prefer to pay them for Black Lion Market things… not for gold to get a basic quality of life back. Maybe when I’m bored enough, I’ll go through the mat list and assign current gold values to everything, so we can see just how much it would take…

That’s a convenient argument for you. Mats is equivalent to gold in this game as we know. Besides, if you’’re going the mat route, the expectation is that it already takes you longer, so complaining about it makes no sense. You can’t complain about how hard it is if you’re just going to be stubborn and take the hard way to do things. I mean, you can, but you don’t look very good doing it; since day one collecting your own mats for whatever has always been the hardest and slowest way to go about crafting; I see no reason that GH is any different.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Linken.6345

I will get my guild decoration – when I get my guild hall. We can’t open it up with the actives we have (2-3). Sure I could ask for help from random people I don’t care about, but… no. I shouldn’t HAVE to. If they don’t want 2-3 person guilds, they should make the requirement higher. IF they let you be a guild, they should let you have a guild hall without having to pander to others. Regardless, claiming the guild hall isn’t my concern in this thread. Scroll up to the top of page 1 and review. We will claim it soonish… on my husband’s terms (not mine)… He has a plan that is totally outside Anet’s expectations of this xpac…. as usual.

Yes I’m fully aware of tavern buffs… That are behind a mat wall. a HUGE mat wall to get to 10% – They took them away and are making us work for the same kitten again. It’s just inconsiderate. My opinion stands as valid.

Nice I made a huge edit typo, I’ll rebuild the line for you.

Just becouse they made it easier for you to start a guild instead of standing in LA Paying 20 gold 9 persons to sign my for guild charter spam.

Its real easy to do this on a tablet.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

That’s a convenient argument for you. Mats is equivalent to gold in this game as we know. Besides, if you’’re going the mat route, the expectation is that it already takes you longer, so complaining about it makes no sense. You can’t complain about how hard it is if you’re just going to be stubborn and take the hard way to do things. I mean, you can, but you don’t look very good doing it; since day one collecting your own mats for whatever has always been the hardest and slowest way to go about crafting; I see no reason that GH is any different.

either way: materials or gold requires game time. converting materials/drops into gold takes time and needs to be gathered etc etc. it really isnt about the leght it takes (for me anyway) it is the implementation of how all was done. YES we get to keep certain things and are given BUT if we want to continue with it as before we have to REDO everything. sort off not fair but meh, keep calm and grind on i guess

Linken.6345

You did say this.

This cool stuff you talk about is what? 1 guild decoration, that you clearly have to unlock a guild hall to use.

Stuff to me is pile of things not that 1 thing in the corner.

Edit

Will be really careful here dont want to be thrown the stupid comment again.

What is the basic q&l that have been taken away from you?

(edited by Linken.6345)

Obtena.7952

either way: materials or gold requires game time. converting materials/drops into gold takes time and needs to be gathered etc etc. it really isnt about the leght it takes (for me anyway) it is the implementation of how all was done. YES we get to keep certain things and are given BUT if we want to continue with it as before we have to REDO everything. sort off not fair but meh, keep calm and grind on i guess

Exactly, so it’s not about how many people are in Guild, it’s about gold or mats you have.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

TLDR;
Op asked for a MSORPG : Massively Soloplayer Online RolePlay Game.

laughing too much

MMO simply means a lot of people are all playing the game online simultaneously and usually includes a certain amount of content that is designed to be done in groups.

It doesn’t mean everyone all does the exact same things at the exact same times in the exact same ways.

Although, now that I think about it, if it DID mean that and everyone WAS all doing the same things I am at the same time and the way I like to do them, this game would be a LOT easier and I’d have a LOT higher AP score.

So, if you’re volunteering for this…see me in-game.

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

You did say this.

This cool stuff you talk about is what? 1 guild decoration, that you clearly have to unlock a guild hall to use.

Edit

Will be really carefully here dont want to be thrown the stupid comment again.

Here’s a good example for you from my PoV. We played WvW 90% of our time. We upgraded that line in the old system for the buffs. Now BAM in one fell swoop that is all gone. Now take a look at the requirements to get that back. Should have been grandfathered in and we should only have to work for the additional items like the Airship and Stealth Pool.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

mcwurth.2081

Exactly, so it’s not about how many people are in Guild, it’s about gold or mats you have.

it is also about people sort off, cant move on with 2 players in it. also for claiming the hall a guild needs a minimum of 5 players ( I hear the best is like 7 or while before hot ALL was reachable with even people having their private storage guild. which i can understand some people get flipped off about. as do I. my “private” guild consists off me and my best friend, we used to have more people but they left because we play irregular times. now she left GW2 because of HoT difficulty (she is fairly new to the game but already did all core things and cant go on HoT) So now I am alone…. I do not want to invite random people into it, scared for abuse of systems and such ( i know i know settings). so for my private thingy I am stuck now. I wasnt before. now i am. I wasnt before, with HoT Iam.

Linken.6345

You did say this.

Edit

Will be really carefully here dont want to be thrown the stupid comment again.

Here’s a good example for you from my PoV. We played WvW 90% of our time. We upgraded that line in the old system for the buffs. Now BAM in one fell swoop that is all gone. Now take a look at the requirements to get that back. Should have been grandfathered in and we should only have to work for the additional items like the Airship and Stealth Pool.

Dident they take away most of them and make stuff auto upgrade instead?

Obtena.7952

it is also about people sort off, cant move on with 2 players in it. also for claiming the hall a guild needs a minimum of 5 players ( I hear the best is like 7 or while before hot ALL was reachable with even people having their private storage guild. which i can understand some people get flipped off about. as do I. my “private” guild consists off me and my best friend, we used to have more people but they left because we play irregular times. now she left GW2 because of HoT difficulty (she is fairly new to the game but already did all core things and cant go on HoT) So now I am alone…. I do not want to invite random people into it, scared for abuse of systems and such ( i know i know settings). so for my private thingy I am stuck now. I wasnt before. now i am. I wasnt before, with HoT Iam.

True, but that’s a vast minority of guilds. Some might say it’s reasonable that Anet doesn’t cater to EVERY single scenario, especially those that may not be inline with their ideas of how the game works. It doesn’t even make sense to me a 3 man org would want to make a GH and I doubt it does to mostly everyone else in this game.

mcwurth.2081

True, but that’s a vast minority of guilds. Some might say it’s reasonable that Anet doesn’t cater to EVERY single scenario, especially those that may not be inline with their ideas of how the game works. It doesn’t even make sense to me a 3 man org would want to make a GH and I doubt it does to mostly everyone else in this game.

please do not speak for “mostly everyone else in this game”. As I see it there is MANY duo player guilds out there. more then you might realize. which is okay by me, and understandable due to the nature GW2 started: for casual (very casual) players that can pretty much solo the whole base game without having to party up but are allowed so if they feel like it. And that is where it lays that there are so many small guilds. I really do not like seeing this bashing on small guilds tbh. the tools where there for it to be allowed for many years, and off a sudden they got “removed” (it is still possible but we need to go through some loopholes which is unneccaserry tbh) by arenanet and gotten the finger basically. I am a very casual player. sometimes i play a few weeks (when time permits me) every day several hours, but most of the time it is about 1 hour per day or not at all. This does not mean I am totally without skill, no I can not manage in any for of PvP (it is why I do not play it and not like it) but I can solo pretty much any aspect of the game that is soloable, and I am decent enough in teamplay things like dungeons or something, sometimes even the last one standing and rezzing everyone (I am really not that good, just a fast button smasher).

Obtena.7952

I don’t speak for mostly everyone else. It’s obvious what kind of guilds GH’s are for. Same thing for Guild missions … Ignore it all you want but there IS content in this game that’s inline with traditional MMO’s. Crying that a duo guild can’t afford a GH is silly.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

mcwurth.2081

I don’t speak for mostly everyone else. It’s obvious what kind of guilds GH’s are for. Same thing for Guild missions … Ignore it all you want but there IS content in this game that’s inline with traditional MMO’s. Crying that a duo guild can’t afford a GH is silly.

You sort off did on your previous post, last sentence.
It is obvious that guild halls are for ALL guilds except for smaller guilds, which are guilds aswell.
I am not ignoring anything about GW2 having traditional elements of any other MMORPG, it is however standing out to be VERY different from the vast majority of other MMORPG’s.
Nobody here is crying about not being able to AFFORD a guild hall. that is just a matter of game play or pulling out a credit card.
In my eyes it is a matter of barring things behind a wall that was previous pretty much free. EVEN if you got the stuff “back” to regenerate that stuff after usage, one must again “unlock” EVERYTHING! for me personally that is pretty nonsensical. as a customer point of view that was a very bad move from arenanet. are we as costumers not allowed to give this point of view?
That people who are totally okay with it see this as: whining, crying, complaining or any other form of negative behaviour is not our fault. so many people so many ideas/complaints/etc etc.

Linken.6345

please do not speak for “mostly everyone else in this game”. As I see it there is MANY duo player guilds out there. more then you might realize. which is okay by me, and understandable due to the nature GW2 started: for casual (very casual) players that can pretty much solo the whole base game without having to party up but are allowed so if they feel like it. And that is where it lays that there are so many small guilds. I really do not like seeing this bashing on small guilds tbh. the tools where there for it to be allowed for many years, and off a sudden they got “removed” (it is still possible but we need to go through some loopholes which is unneccaserry tbh) by arenanet and gotten the finger basically. I am a very casual player. sometimes i play a few weeks (when time permits me) every day several hours, but most of the time it is about 1 hour per day or not at all. This does not mean I am totally without skill, no I can not manage in any for of PvP (it is why I do not play it and not like it) but I can solo pretty much any aspect of the game that is soloable, and I am decent enough in teamplay things like dungeons or something, sometimes even the last one standing and rezzing everyone (I am really not that good, just a fast button smasher).

Yes and most duo and single player guild are out there for bank spaces and not have to get whispered with -Hey wanna join my guild?

Yes they used something called common sence.

You can make a fotball team with 3 players and call it a team but good luck getting to play any other team, with that nr of people same with guilds here.

(edited by Linken.6345)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If GW2 doesn’t consider 1, 2, 4, 10, or whatever number to be a real guild, then they probably shouldn’t allow groups of this size to form a guild at all.

It kind of sends the wrong message that guilds of any size can participate in all the guild-oriented activities.

mcwurth.2081

Yes and most duo and single player guild are out there for bank spaces and not have to get whispered with -Hey wanna join my guild?

You can make a fotball team with 3 players and call it a team but good luck getting to play any other team, with that nr of people same with guilds here.

football “teams” of 3 players do no exist because a football team only get to play with a minimum of 7… that is a rule… nowhere in GW2 was it ever a rule a guild MUST have any higher number then 1… so your carefully picked example does not fit.. sorry.

and your “so called common sense” does not include lets say small family guilds…. small friend guilds… or what ever more reasons there are for having a small guild. even if a group of ten players have a guild, it can be very hard to get all on at the same time due to having an actual life besides guildwars 2 …. all these people payed the for the guild halls also. they payed to having the ability to make a guild. they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

Do you even know what logic is? Because you didn’t use any of it in that statement. Paying for the game does not instantly give you access to everything, there are requirements you have to meet for some of the content, and if you refuse to meet those requirements, as OP does (and I don’t blame them, I have a similar distaste for random online gamers), you do not deserve access to that content.

Where the lines should be is a matter of debate, but frankly, if you don’t have a guild big enough to claim a guild hall, you don’t really need any of the features that come with it.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I feel like the ability to join multiple guilds makes the OP irrelevant…

Lots of criticism I can understand, but this simply isn’t one.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I always see the “make the Guild Hall Upgrades scale with the number of members the guild has” FIX. What can stop me from kicking all my guild members,get the mats i need from them,get the upgrade and then invite them again…?!

It might be hard for small guilds to do stuff…but as many people said if you create a guild and you are 2-3 members…let’s be honest,how can you expect to do any content with that guild?
I am a guild leader since 14 november 2013 we had many members now we don’t …let’s say 10-15 daily online members,that is a small guild,yet we don’t complain about the upgrades and we work hard to get our amazing guild hall in a nice shape.
We got all the buildings (tents for now) available and many of the upgrades.
And we are working constantly on it.

Why do we always focus on the extremes? 300? 2-3? What about the normal guild of 50-100ish on roster with 20-30 active players(active as being defined as logging in more than a couple time a week)?

It would’ve been easy enough to make separate sizes of guild halls, each with separate mat cost. Don’t get me wrong I love the big halls, but I would’ve been content with a smaller hall as well that allowed the guild I am in to upgrade sometime in the next 5 years. The mat cost may not be excessive for a guild of 500, or even 300 for that matter, but for a mid-sized guild of 40-50 it is extreme, especially if that guild is WvW focused.

mcwurth.2081

they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

Do you even know what logic is? Because you didn’t use any of it in that statement. Paying for the game does not instantly give you access to everything, there are requirements you have to meet for some of the content, and if you refuse to meet those requirements, as OP does (and I don’t blame them, I have a similar distaste for random online gamers), you do not deserve access to that content.

Where the lines should be is a matter of debate, but frankly, if you don’t have a guild big enough to claim a guild hall, you don’t really need any of the features that come with it.

where did i state i wanted everything at once? I did not.

Dejavu.2349

I feel like the ability to join multiple guilds makes the OP irrelevant…

Lots of criticism I can understand, but this simply isn’t one.

I didn’t put all my money and effort into other people’s guilds… I put it into mine and now have to re-farm for the buffs the banners gave, for example, … things I already earned were taken away. I’m not sure why it’s so complicated for people to understand… If they’d reimburse me for my effort, I’d totally be okay with joining another guild and would likely pour all my current resources (I do have a TON for one person) and the reimbursement gold into that guild. But they won’t, so I want what I earned without having to fork out all the mats by myself again. This is about the principle of the thing. Most people aren’t very principled or are too apt to just go with the flow and I wish I was one of those people, so I could just go on with my happy little blissful existence. But I’m not. This crap bugs me!

I was in 4 other guilds before HOT… I left 2 of them because I don’t care about their progress or the people in them. But one of the other guilds is run by a RL friend with a level 19 guild. I’ve helped them with missions and gave them some shovels, etc…. The reason I won’t pump all my mats into his guild is because IT’S NOT MY GUILD that I’ve already put so much gold and time into and I know he can’t stick with a game (except EVE) long enough for me to throw my support behind him. It’s pretty simple. I support myself and my family.

Obviously this isn’t a problem for people in bigger guilds or who didn’t pump a ton of gold and time into their own personal guilds during the first 3 1/2 years of this game, so those people shouldn’t post here… but rather in threads that pertain to them.

There’s got to be a reasonable solution somewhere is someone’s head. Not mine, obviously, as I can’t imagine how difficult it is to balance a game and all it’s facets over large numbers of people, but I really feel like they needed to offer bonuses to their target audience without taking away from everyone else and I’m having a hard time believing the turn they’ve taken towards being like Blizzard. The primary reason I loved this game was because they were NOTHING like Blizzard.

Obtena.7952

You will never be reimbursed for your ‘effort’ playing a game … I can’t even believe I read that. It’s not a job, your RL necessities are not a results of time ingame. Are you even aware that through the EULA, you don’t even OWN your account? This stuff isn’t even yours.

Dejavu.2349

You will never be reimbursed for your ‘effort’ playing a game … I can’t even believe I read that. It’s not a job, your RL necessities are not a results of time ingame. Are you even aware that through the EULA, you don’t even OWN your account? This stuff isn’t even yours.

Which is why I’m here. HI!
I have lots of time. YOU, Obtena, are not my target audience, I’m so glad to have attracted your attention, though, as you’ve made several interesting and thought-provoking contributions to this thread. Might I point you to another thread that’s in need of your guidance?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Delete-7

Since you’re so good at saying nothing.

(edited by Dejavu.2349)

Posted by: Velarian.6290

Velarian.6290

Hey Dejavu, correct me if im wrong, but as far as i understood you liked this game for it’s easy accessability and that it didn’t need a coordination and/or communication between players in a scale that other mmo’s require to progress.

That is a valid point.

But i think it is also a valid point to expect something like that out of a mmo game and a lot of people i know have quit gw2 because it lacked content requiring good coordination and team effort.

When i started gw like a year ago i was very surprised that you didn’t need a guild at all to progress even in the most diffcult contents provided in the game. the only reason to look for a guild was to socialize. In every other mmo i knew it was a requirement, if you enjoyed the game and wanted to progress you had to look for a guild and socialized because of that after some time.

I think it is a good and healthy discussion to be had here. but what it comes down to are pure numbers and cash. we cant know how many people have quit because they didnt have to invest anything in this game to get somewhere. before the expansion was announced i recognized a drop of players over time. almost every guild i knew was getting emptier and emptier because there was “nothing to do”.

sure it may be nice to come back once a month and see what is going on, checking a dungeon or two. but i think for a company its much healthier to keep their players invested, and for that a guild is a good starting point. to give players a reason to join a guild besides their own decision of wanting so is a good idea to keep peple playing regularly.

sure, you may have spent a lot of money on this game even if u didnt play that much. but what is your guess, how many people dont spend anything, because they think its not worth their money when they dont spend so much time playing the game?

i think that the difficulty we experience is an economic decision, maybe not purely but mainly. and i think its the correct one. Maybe its impossible to change a game on that big of a scale so late in its running time, only time will tell.

And one more point. I think you are a little bit harsh in your conclusion. this game is still very casual friendly. you dont have a gear teadmill where your old gear is useless after some month. the gear you have worked for will still be at the same quality even month after you come back after a break.

you still can play most of the content alone or in small groups or in larger PuG groups. All of the personal story is completely solo-able. you can get over all maps alone. you only have to team up with 2 or 3 people for the hardest hero challenges.

and now besides gold you have something else to farm for on maps, something people always asked after, with all the specialiastion acchievemtn weapons and armor sets.

your elite specs can be unlocked in a matter of some hours if you know the maps.

all in all i think its still a big gap to games like swtor, wow, conan etc.

again, dont take this as an offense please, but i think you are disappointed because this game is not anymore what you grew up liking. but may i suggest asking youurself that maybe what you liked in the game is not healthy for a game as a whole but only suited ur needs of a relaxing game after taking a break from more serious games where you invested more? is it so wrong that people would LIKE to invest into gw2 what you invest into other games because they like its style, its lore, its combat but never got a reason to get invested?
EDIT: Im just now realizing that a lot of your anger and disappointment comes from guild halls. as i can see that taking away bonuses you have worked for is not a nice thing i have to say the bonuses guilds give are so small that they are hardly noticeable and only there to give people at least SOMETHING to work for. same with ascended armor for example. +10% mf, some minor random buffs etc…. is that REALLY the reason why you are so upset? thats why ive addressed other points in my post since i cant see why that could be more than a minor side point.

if you were engaged into wvw i could see that as a much more valid point, because a lot of functionality has been gated behind a gild hall grind. THATS something to be kittened about. also i feel the arena should be much cheaper, but its not that expensive as it is. that all these small things, decorations, minor buffs, qol improvements and skins are expensive as hell dont bother me at all. i dont need em and when i have them after some month or years with my guild yeah its nice… we have accomplished something together. but are they… neccesary? surely not.

(edited by Velarian.6290)

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Hey Dejavu, correct me if im wrong, but as far as i understood you liked this game for it’s easy accessability and that it didn’t need a coordination and/or communication between players in a scale that other mmo’s require to progress.

That is a valid point.

But i think it is also a valid point to expect something like that out of a mmo game and a lot of people i know have quit gw2 because it lacked content requiring good coordination and team effort.

When i started gw like a year ago i was very surprised that you didn’t need a guild at all to progress even in the most diffcult contents provided in the game. the only reason to look for a guild was to socialize. In every other mmo i knew it was a requirement, if you enjoyed the game and wanted to progress you had to look for a guild and socialized because of that after some time.

I think it is a good and healthy discussion to be had here. but what it comes down to are pure numbers and cash. we cant know how many people have quit because they didnt have to invest anything in this game to get somewhere. before the expansion was announced i recognized a drop of players over time. almost every guild i knew was getting emptier and emptier because there was “nothing to do”.

sure it may be nice to come back once a month and see what is going on, checking a dungeon or two. but i think for a company its much healthier to keep their players invested, and for that a guild is a good starting point. to give players a reason to join a guild besides their own decision of wanting so is a good idea to keep peple playing regularly.

sure, you may have spent a lot of money on this game even if u didnt play that much. but what is your guess, how many people dont spend anything, because they think its not worth their money when they dont spend so much time playing the game?

i think that the difficulty we experience is an economic decision, maybe not purely but mainly. and i think its the correct one. Maybe its impossible to change a game on that big of a scale so late in its running time, only time will tell.

And one more point. I think you are a little bit harsh in your conclusion. this game is still very casual friendly. you dont have a gear teadmill where your old gear is useless after some month. the gear you have worked for will still be at the same quality even month after you come back after a break.

you still can play most of the content alone or in small groups or in larger PuG groups. All of the personal story is completely solo-able. you can get over all maps alone. you only have to team up with 2 or 3 people for the hardest hero challenges.

and now besides gold you have something else to farm for on maps, something people always asked after, with all the specialiastion acchievemtn weapons and armor sets.

your elite specs can be unlocked in a matter of some hours if you know the maps.

all in all i think its still a big gap to games like swtor, wow, conan etc.

again, dont take this as an offense please, but i think you are disappointed because this game is not anymore what you grew up liking. but may i suggest asking youurself that maybe what you liked in the game is not healthy for a game as a whole but only suited ur needs of a relaxing game after taking a break from more serious games where you invested more? is it so wrong that people would LIKE to invest into gw2 what you invest into other games because they like its style, its lore, its combat but never got a reason to get invested?
EDIT: Im just now realizing that a lot of your anger and disappointment comes from guild halls. as i can see that taking away bonuses you have worked for is not a nice thing i have to say the bonuses guilds give are so small that they are hardly noticeable and only there to give people at least SOMETHING to work for. same with ascended armor for example. +10% mf, some minor random buffs etc…. is that REALLY the reason why you are so upset? thats why ive addressed other points in my post since i cant see why that could be more than a minor side point.

if you were engaged into wvw i could see that as a much more valid point, because a lot of functionality has been gated behind a gild hall grind. THATS something to be kittened about. also i feel the arena should be much cheaper, but its not that expensive as it is. that all these small things, decorations, minor buffs, qol improvements and skins are expensive as hell dont bother me at all. i dont need em and when i have them after some month or years with my guild yeah its nice… we have accomplished something together. but are they… neccesary? surely not.

Are you saying that H.O.T was good for gw2 ?
look at WvW
look at Dungeons
Look at fractals
Look At Dead H.O.T zones ..

Yep def was good for gw2 to go from casual to hardcore who do you think was playing and paying the bills the last 3 years sure as hell was not Raiders

Very interested to see this games H.O.T player count in the next few months

Dejavu.2349

I’m not sure what’s better for their bottom line. In most games, there are more casuals than non-casuals. I refer to myself as casual not because I don’t spend much time here. I’ve posted my logged hours before and they’re pretty competitive. I’m also a relatively skilled player, as in, between my husband and I, we can usually carry a couple of people.

I’m casual because the reason I played GW2 is that it was a game I could be casual in and still see all the content. I’m tired of raid leading and guild leading and having to deal with people in general. A decade of that BS is enough for anyone! Here, I could wear sweats and a t-shirt and let my hair down, per se.

My argument is that they’ve taken away my primary reason for coming here by gating content behind having to dress up – for other people. I’ve phrased this so many ways and it never really seems to get through to the people who haven’t had to work for anything… they’re just in a big guild and pat themselves on the back for donating 20 shovels. I don’t mind working hard. I just don’t appreciate having that work end up meaning nothing.

I’m hungry and probably not making sense… again.

Dejavu.2349

But Valerian, you’re right about some things, including that there is a lot to do. Right now, I’m trying to get my husband to go back through all the old story quests to get those Mastery points because I’ve come up short. That will take a little while

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I’m not sure what’s better for their bottom line. In most games, there are more casuals than non-casuals. I refer to myself as casual not because I don’t spend much time here. I’ve posted my logged hours before and they’re pretty competitive. I’m also a relatively skilled player, as in, between my husband and I, we can usually carry a couple of people.

I’m casual because the reason I played GW2 is that it was a game I could be casual in and still see all the content. I’m tired of raid leading and guild leading and having to deal with people in general. A decade of that BS is enough for anyone! Here, I could wear sweats and a t-shirt and let my hair down, per se.

My argument is that they’ve taken away my primary reason for coming here by gating content behind having to dress up – for other people. I’ve phrased this so many ways and it never really seems to get through to the people who haven’t had to work for anything… they’re just in a big guild and pat themselves on the back for donating 20 shovels. I don’t mind working hard. I just don’t appreciate having that work end up meaning nothing.

I’m hungry and probably not making sense… again.

You’d fit right in with my small guild :P.

I am honestly bitter about the removal of the +5 supply buff for my guild. That is something we used pretty much every single night and it made our lives much easier. But if I want it back we have to grind the guild up to level 37 and I’m lucky if we have 3 on a night – most of the guild missions cant be completed by us, were lucky to get 2 done in a week.

Integrating new people in my guild is a hard task, as a small guild we know each other very well and picking up someone new that doesn’t have our history easily can make them feel like an outsider. I don’t want to just recruit people into my guild, I want to make friends.

They should not have removed things we worked for and used and stuck it behind a paywall.

Arenas? Cool, Guild halls and decorations, cool. Taking away stuff so I have to earn it again, not cool.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

So before HoT you had no guild hall and you were happy…… now you have a chance of having a guild hall, but can’t get it …. so having no guild hall now makes you unhappy?
why do you suddenly feel the need for a GH if you don’t like people… just find a cool area to meet and call it a hideout!

This. As expensive as guild halls are, saying you need to buy all the upgrades to experience all the game’s content is like saying you need every legendary weapon skin unlocked on your account to see all the content. That doesn’t make much sense.

Dejavu.2349

Not even the same thing at all, Mal.
You can’t buy Legendaries from vendors. There are vendors, one of which only level 40 guilds who have put in the maximum amount of mats (it’s the last thing in Restoration2) will have access to. They even put the vendors behind huge paywalls or an entire lifetime of gathering, depending on who you talk to – I like to do all my own gathering and spend real cash on gem store stuff – Anet can check this… I like to buy things. I will be doing my own gathering… I’ve started! I have 101 shovels so far (yes, I am a chest-run moocher – I only give 1 shovel per however many people are there) and haven’t been selling my incidentals – just sigils. I fully expect to be grinding mats far into gray hair if they don’t make some changes to help smaller guilds out.

Again… I don’t expect people who aren’t in super small guilds to understand. There’s just too huge of a disconnect in realities between me and people like me and you and people like you. Big guild people have practically no responsibility at all – they carry sooo little weight on their shoulders… of course this all seems trivial to them.

Linken.6345

football “teams” of 3 players do no exist because a football team only get to play with a minimum of 7… that is a rule… nowhere in GW2 was it ever a rule a guild MUST have any higher number then 1… so your carefully picked example does not fit.. sorry.

and your “so called common sense” does not include lets say small family guilds…. small friend guilds… or what ever more reasons there are for having a small guild. even if a group of ten players have a guild, it can be very hard to get all on at the same time due to having an actual life besides guildwars 2 …. all these people payed the for the guild halls also. they payed to having the ability to make a guild. they are not allowed to have this? why are these paying costumers not allowed to have what other paying costumers have? I do not see your logic. open your mind a little more.

Yes but that wasent what I said.

You can get 3 people and start a football team, there is no rule against starting one.
But you wont be able to play any other team since your 3 players, still your a football team and you were allowed to start it.

So yes you can start a guild with as low as 1 person but you would be able to do everything with that 1 person as it should be.

Its a guild hall not my personal house. Ask for anet to put in a house you and friend can call a club or you and family can call a home.