HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: xBrownZ.7360

xBrownZ.7360

But it’s not $50 for the bundle, you’re buying the expansion for $50 and they’re throwing in the core game as a bonus. :/

Go google guild wars 2 buy, and look up the cached page you’ll see what I talked about in another post. Those new players will have to deal this this. Because, two hours ago Guild Wars 2 “DIGITAL HEROIC EDITION” was sold for $40. Then they added the expansion for $50 including the $40 game without the 3 extra meh items… that no one cared much for anyway. So yeah.. we gotta buy the game again for $40 it seems, and then pay $10. Great job.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

You’re not buying it again. It’s just free for those who don’t have it.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

There’s no sub, 50$ is fair for a AAA expansion with as much as HoT is giving us. If you want a better deal, buy the Ultimate edition for 50$ more that comes with some free stuff, a character slot, and… 50$ worth of gems.

If getting those things cost more money, they are no longer “free”.
Just sayin’.

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

lol this is bf hardline all over again. its like watching a trainwreck in slow motion

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I just hope there’s an expansion price for people who already OWN the game, why they had a popup in-game for players who already have the game is beyond me, that one should have shown the expansion price (without the price for the full game since I already own it). This is just an expansion, like Eye of the North, EoTN didn’t include the base game, Factions did but it also had 2 character slots and 2 new professions. HoT is not that type of expansion, it’s a simple content expansion that simply adds the areas and a lot of features we had in gw1 maguuma area… I would have prepurchased at $30 but at $50 I’d rather get a full game and wait on HoT until it was on sale.

At this price I’ll be getting Fallout4 instead of an expansion.

$49.99 is the Price of just the Expansion. The Core Game is an extra bonus for new players and they get it for free. This was already verified by Anets Twitter.

It’s $50 for the game+expansion, or just the expansion of you paid for the game, no matter how you try to spin it. Basically, you get less for more if you’re a loyal customer. It’s a ripoff based on that alone.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Getting the same amount of content as the original GW2 would be a stretch to say the least. That is a LOT of content.

Another thing to note is that it is difficult to quantify the expansion exclusive content because it is extremely likely that there will be expansion-exclusive living world content, which would effectively increase the value of the expansion post-launch.

So, in your opinion, using Living World as free add-on content and the level 80 zones makes the price justifiable. So its like, quality over quantity. Potentially, less content than the main game but content that is more focus on the GW2 Endgame (for the core game’s price). That is a different perspective, thank you.

Posted by: Ferever.7014

Ferever.7014

I thought WoW was more expensive with expansion and on top of that a monthly sub to?

Yeah, WoW is also designed to be addictive over enjoyable. Let’s try not to follow their example please.

Yea for what its worth that game was addicting when I played XP.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

pls mail me your stuff!!

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

gw2 is a great value but they should have been able to understand that people do not like feeling like someone else is getting a better deal no matter how good the deal they are getting is or that they aren’t getting something they are paying for. Its a human behavior problem more then the value proposition that I think most are upset about. It was just careless packaging on their part. Logicaly gw2 is a great value being subscriptionless.

There is also the assumption, generated by both GW1 precedent and other MMOs, that an expansion with new classes should come with a character slot to put that new class into. Veteran players need to shell out an extra $10 or delete one of their existing toons. Since toons get gifts as they age, this is a painful thing to do and most will avoid it. So the veterans will end up paying $60 for an expansion and one slot while new players will pay $50 for an expansion and five slots.

or you know, pay ~150 gold for a new character slot? Gold that you can earn in game. You’ve had more than 2 years to earn that gold and gold farming has been made easier than ever with the SilverWastes

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

I really hope they take note of everything we are saying here tonight, and lower the price.

I will laugh my ash off at the people who bought it for more expensive.

and to all those people who are buying the $100 version to spite the people who can afford the $50 version

Is it lonely up there on that cloud of yours?

Sincerely
~The 99%

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I hope I didn’t come off aggressive to you either, Zappix. I’m just hoping Anet looks at what their play base are saying and maybe do something like during the games release and ongoing living story. I’d hate to see this game fall.

No you didn’t, I too hope they read through the numerous complaint threads about this and fix it because I do genuinely love this game as I’m sure you do and many others that are on here complaining about this do and yes I share you fear that this move will drive more players away. Sure some new blood will come in but they’ll drip away fast.

It’s the old blood that keeps this game going, I’ll say it again. Short term gains have long term consequences. It’s a bad, bad move and I really don’t want this game to fall either.

Unfortunately our dedicated fanboys (all 3 of them) can’t see it from this perspective.

:/

reapex.8546

Let see …
$60 for GW2 with 5 character slots
$50 for HoT with 0 character slots

Even if the content is equal(very unlikely) you are still getting short changed from that alone.

I agree with the character slot differences, at the very least, one character slot should be included with kitten pricetag.

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

If you’re buying the thing you would have been buying, that costs 50$, plus 50$ worth of something else, for 100$, the other things you’re getting might as well be considered free.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

DId i say he is wrong? I just don’t agree and vocal my opinion. -.-’

Well if you are telling me that he is not wrong, I guess that makes you wrong.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Amlodhi Ilmarinen.4083

Amlodhi Ilmarinen.4083

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

“Q: Do I have to own Guild Wars 2 to play the expansion?
A: Yes. Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is an expansion to Guild Wars 2 and not a stand-alone campaign, and therefore it requires the base game to play.”

I’ll admit that there is nothing in the hard, 100% strict interpretation of these words that explicitly refutes the idea that HoT and the base game could be bought together, but when stuff like this is posted and all your HoT announcements are timed with a sale of the base game?

I’m not even going to get into whether $50 is “worth it” or whatever, but any way you look at it this is pretty dirty marketing ANet.

Honestly, this is my chief complaint. I bought this game back in February, having interpreted that exact statement from ANet to mean that the core game wouldn’t be included in HoT. I figured, great, I’ll have some time to learn the game, level a guy up, then pay a nominal fee (I was expecting like $30ish) for the expansion.

Had the FAQ read “Yes, but Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns includes the Guild Wars 2 core game”, as it does now, I simply would have waited for HoT’s release.

I don’t like presuming motive, but it does feel…cheap, at least…and it certainly doesn’t make me happy I bought it a few months ago.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

So if you buy a t-shirt today at Target for $20, then 2 years later, random person A buys the same T-shirt that is on sale for $10, then Target is being unfair? They are not getting more value than you, you’ve been playing this game sans subscription fee for x number of years. In that time you have managed to accumulate more in-game resource than they have. Experienced content that have now been permanently removed that they can’t experience as a new player. Given the chance to obtain skins that are now no longer obtainable. Received the LS2 updates for free, while they would have to pay around $20 to unlock all of that.

Your arguments don’t even make any sense anymore, that T-Shirt at Target would never be ‘free’ 2 years later, it would still cost something, the core game now evidently does not cost anything for new players if they buy the expansion, and yes they do get more value then me, they will ALSO get to play the game subscription free for years to come, seriously your entire argument is “You got to play for longer, that is your reward” which makes NO sense whatsoever, if -you- are happy with that as your reward for being a loyal customer and supporter of the game then fine? Good for you?

One look over the forums suggests that the majority of said customers are not, so we being the majority and you being the minority, please explain how ‘everyone’ is wrong and only you and a few select individuals are ‘correct’.

If you don’t actually enjoy playing the game, then why are you even here?

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

Worst case, you have something free, but useless

Uhm, no, you will NOT have anything for free, unless you plan to play on a new account starting from level 1, you wont be able to make use of the free account, the ‘core’ game and the expansion come bundled together, as one account, so you either add it to your existing account which upgrades it to Heart of Thorns and you lose that free ‘core’ game, or you start a brand new account all together.

At least get it right if you are just going to blindly lash out everyone in such an immature way.

Did you fail to read his post? He said free but useless. It matches his example, he got Bioshock for free, but already owns it, so it’s useless.

Now if the core game came as a separate key, then you got something for free that isn’t useless. There’s a difference there.

I’m personally fine with the pricing. Would I like it cheaper or with one character slot? Of course I would, that would be better value for money. But the pricing is fine as it is too.

And to those comparing this to Heavensward, do remember that FFXIV is a subscription game. So you are paying the price of Heavensward and then you’re still paying a subscription.

This pricing is still a better deal than all other MMOs that I’m personally aware of.

No I think you simply do not understand the concept of “You are not getting anything for free if you want to upgrade an existing account” He can give that second bioshock game to a friend, I cannot give that ‘free core game’ part of the bundle to anyone because it will be -gone- the moment I upgrade my account to Heart of Thorns.

So -No- you do -NOT- get anything, not even something useless.

I think you seriously fail at logic. I don’t know the specific of the Bioshock deal, but IF he gave that to a friend, then that automatically becomes non-useless. His Bioshock game is useless because he either cannot or does not want to give it to another person. Maybe the game is on the same disc as the newer Bioshock so he can’t give it to anyone, or maybe for some other reason, like it’s a digital copy that is linked to his account. The free copy of the base game you receive with a purchase of HoT is useless because at this point all signs say that we cannot give it away to another person.

I don’t know how this concept is so hard for you to grasp, but I’ll try and repeat it again; The problem is not that we cannot give the core game away to another person, the problem is that the ‘core’ game will not be able to be used by us, in -any- way whatsoever, we wont even be able to make a second account for ourselves if we upgrade our existing ones.

So yet again, we do not get -anything-, for us to get something ‘useless’ it has to EXIST, do you understand that? How can something EXIST if it is NOT there? It wont be there, you wont have an extra copy of the core game, useless or not.

Posted by: Sushihammer.4813

Sushihammer.4813

Well, I expressed severe dissatisfaction with GW2 when it came out, disappointment with the direction I saw the game heading. I was attacked by all brands of defensive fanboy-ism (humorously, mostly from people whose GW introduction was GW2. Myself, I’ve been around since the first few days of GW1).

Seeing all the various disrespect the company seems to have for its fanbase, the cashing in…nickle and dime-ing (and quartering and dollaring), etc etc.
Well, sucks to see an IP I loved go down the tubes as a mediocre, microtransaction piggy bank for the company.

I feel vindicated at least.

(….guild halls finally. Hmm, wonder how many hundreds of gems they will cost.)

I’m pretty sure it’s been all but confirmed that you will earn Guild Halls through events or something of the sort. I highly, highly doubt they will involve gems.

Honestly, boo hoo. Even if ANet slips up here and there and messes up prices, they’re still doing better than some other companies and compared to how some devs are acting, they’re saintly. Be thankful that they chose to support the game with microtransactions for purely cosmetic or utility-based things that don’t effect actual gameplay at all rather than making it P2W or giving it a sub fee. Microtransactions are not the root of all evil in the world.

Before you whine about gold buying: People would do that through black market gold traders anyway, having a conversion method wards that off. Besides, gems to gold isn’t that super effective anyway.

Hmm, I don’t think I said anything about gold buying.

And of course, this is a video game, so all things are cosmetic, frivolous, whatever. So I suppose my point is less directed at the idea of “transactions” for content (I will gladly pay fair prices for adequate content) and more at the “micro” portion. The nickle and dime model they have adopted. Much of the content added as LS content feels a lot like it should have just been in the game to begin with. Likewise, a lot of the gem content feels the same way. Sure, some are pretty legit purchases (extra character slots for example). Well, in any event, what is in the store rarely piques my interest anyway…but their attitude seems to carry over to how the base/expansions are handled as well. The game so far has been hard pressed to keep my interest over sustained periods of time…mostly just holidays…that, and when I get anet emails (like what brought me here today). LS content is also completely banal as far as I’m concerned. Story was underdeveloped, lost my interest, and the rest of the game feels like a scavenger hunt….fill up your wardrobe with skins and versions and such.

I don’t know, It’s just not enticed me to want to buy an expansion…especially one that appears as if it is going to be relatively pricy.

Posted by: lithiumwing.5493

lithiumwing.5493

But it’s not $50 for the bundle, you’re buying the expansion for $50 and they’re throwing in the core game as a bonus. :/

Go google guild wars 2 buy, and look up the cached page you’ll see what I talked about in another post. Those new players will have to deal this this. Because, two hours ago Guild Wars 2 “DIGITAL HEROIC EDITION” was sold for $40. Then they added the expansion for $50 including the $40 game without the 3 extra meh items… that no one cared much for anyway. So yeah.. we gotta buy the game again for $40 it seems, and then pay $10. Great job.

Yo I was just responding to Clarissa. They just stated on Facebook in a replay that $50 is for the expansion and the core is a freebie. Scroll down from what you quoted or look on the prior page because I’m not happy with the price either for what’s being released.

Posted by: JNetRocks.3652

JNetRocks.3652

I have to say I really agree. Existing players who don’t want Ultimate are getting shafted. Really "new account’ and “ultimate” are the only good values.

Standard HoT with New Account: $50 for 2 games, 5 char slots
Standard Hot with Old Account: $50 for 1 game, 0 char slots

Makes no sense to me.

I plan on buying the Ultimate since it comes with the gems but that’s also weird. the $50 value in gems essentially makes Deluxe a bad deal in a way… Anyway. I feel for the people who want to upgrade. You should get 2 or 3 character slots for $50.

Hope they give you something. :\

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

60$ is what I paid for GW2 at launch. It included 5 character slots, 5 different races, 8 professions, a huge world which includes dozens of maps in 5 different area types to explore, a bunch of dungeons, PvP, WvW, and hundreds of skins, complete crafting system and I think I’m forgetting a lot. 1000+ hours worth of content not including LS episodes.

Now, for 50$ I get, no character slot, 1 extra profession, 1 new area to explore(size and number of maps unkown), guild halls. new legendary crafting. Maybe 100 hours worth of extra content. Unless they have tons of stuff they haven’t told us about how can anyone not think it isn’t a bad deal?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

I see like it’s the other way around: $50 is the price of the game, and you included the expansion as a free bonus. It’s a great deal for new players, but only for them.

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

LOL they absolutely just edited the FAQ. This is what it said before:

“Q: Do I have to own Guild Wars 2 to play the expansion?
A: Yes. Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is an expansion to Guild Wars 2 and not a stand-alone campaign, and therefore it requires the base game to play.”

How long until we start talking about a bait-and-switch?

Screenshots

Waybackmachine

Attachments:

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I thought WoW was more expensive with expansion and on top of that a monthly sub to?

Not anymore. You purchase it once, then grind for gold to buy a token in game to continue your subscription. It’s really no different than grinding for gold in GW2, then converting it to gems. It’s actually starting to sound a lot cheaper now, where you will get the core game plus 5 expansions worth of content.

reapex.8546

I think the bigger issue is it appears the amount of content doesn’t justify the price tag. That’s more of a marketing and promotion problem than anything. If the public saw a huge amount of content, I would bet you wouldn’t hear these complaints.

I agree, being able to see at one screenshot of accessible map areas may help.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

Let me clarify 50$ for an expansion pack is totally fine for me. I will gladly pay that or even the $100 for the ultimate edition.

The problem comes when you are offering the base game for “free” for all those new players.

Now I’m not saying new players don’t deserve this kind of special (and awesome) treatment, but what about the older players?

What about the people that already own the game? What about the people that stayed with you guys for all this time? Don’t they deserve some kind of bonus too?

Here’s my suggestion, since the basic expansions already includes the base game, people that already own the game gains instead those characters slots on their account. *

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

So if you buy a t-shirt today at Target for $20, then 2 years later, random person A buys the same T-shirt that is on sale for $10, then Target is being unfair? They are not getting more value than you, you’ve been playing this game sans subscription fee for x number of years. In that time you have managed to accumulate more in-game resource than they have. Experienced content that have now been permanently removed that they can’t experience as a new player. Given the chance to obtain skins that are now no longer obtainable. Received the LS2 updates for free, while they would have to pay around $20 to unlock all of that.

Your arguments don’t even make any sense anymore, that T-Shirt at Target would never be ‘free’ 2 years later, it would still cost something, the core game now evidently does not cost anything for new players if they buy the expansion, and yes they do get more value then me, they will ALSO get to play the game subscription free for years to come, seriously your entire argument is “You got to play for longer, that is your reward” which makes NO sense whatsoever, if -you- are happy with that as your reward for being a loyal customer and supporter of the game then fine? Good for you?

One look over the forums suggests that the majority of said customers are not, so we being the majority and you being the minority, please explain how ‘everyone’ is wrong and only you and a few select individuals are ‘correct’.

If you don’t actually enjoy playing the game, then why are you even here?

Wow…really, I mean it really is not that often I find someone either this horrendous at logic or just lacking the ability to read before posting.

Not once did I say I do not enjoy playing the game, not once did I mention anything in relation to my enjoyment of the actual game, only about this whole expansion, free core game and price situation…seriously, I’m starting to think you are just trying troll now.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

Nice PR. Wonder if anyone will believe it…

Even if it was somehow true, $50 is a rip-off for how little we are getting in this expansion.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’ll buy it in any store!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

DId i say he is wrong? I just don’t agree and vocal my opinion. -.-’

Well if you are telling me that he is not wrong, I guess that makes you wrong.

You are right, he is wrong.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

You pay $50 for a small dlc and a game you cant use if you already own it.

The logic oozes from that statement

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Ferever.7014

Ferever.7014

Not anymore. You purchase it once, then grind for gold to buy a token in game to continue your subscription. It’s really no different than grinding for gold in GW2, then converting it to gems. It’s actually starting to sound a lot cheaper now, where you will get the core game plus 5 expansions worth of content.

Ohh like WS did to as well thanks for the information.

Posted by: Sober Oni.8290

Sober Oni.8290

Let’s look at WoW for a moment shall we? Keeping things as cheap as possible the core game costs $19.99, and the lowest price for a subscription is $11.50, so if you play for a year that’s $157.99. This is ignoring expansions, the higher priced subscription plans, and so on.

GW2 is a one time purchase of $40, $20, or $10 depending on when you got it. $157.99 for a year versus a flat $40. The $50 price tag is fine.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

All of this rage would be so much less if they would’ve just included a character slot. WHY ANET DO YOU KEEP SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT? WHY?

Posted by: xBrownZ.7360

xBrownZ.7360

If you google “gw2 buy” and cache the page. You’ll see the “DIGITAL HERO EDITION” was $40 two hours ago. Now the expansion includes that core game for $50, without the 3 extras that no one really cared much for. These were: Suit of Legacy Armor, Mithril Box, and 10 Experience Boosters. So if you’re a veteran, the idea is you pay $40 for the core game and $10 for the expansion. The idea is the expansion price is being inflamed, it’s actual price is around $20-$30. We would have agreed to $35, but not anymore. They just make the game more expensive than it is, and make it sound good. But veteran players get screwed, and new people basically pay $40 for the game, and $10 for the expansion. If they bought it after they release the pre-purchase. The point is that, veteran players get screwed. And new players get a great deal. When it should be at best equal on both ends, because both veteran and new players should matter. More so the veterans, who sunk their money into the GemStore like most of us have.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

How is it fair when they haven’t even released all the info for HoT? If anything, it’s unethical to charge people for something that hasn’t been revealed, or have a release date.

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

Is there any way this wasn’t a bait-and-switch? The HoT FAW made it clear that you needed to purchase the expansion separately from the base game.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The content shown so far does not quite justify the price tag.

I could do with seeing more so I have a more informed opinion.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I really hope they take note of everything we are saying here tonight, and lower the price.

I will laugh my ash off at the people who bought it for more expensive.

and to all those people who are buying the $100 version to spite the people who can afford the $50 version

Is it lonely up there on that cloud of yours?

Sincerely
~The 99%

Actually the 100 dollar version is the only one that approaches a decent value because the 4000 gems are 50 dollars worth and it also comes with a character slot which is worth 10 dollars so you end up paying 40 for the expansion if you actually need the gems.

Deluxe Edition is the worst value because a character slot is worth 10 bucks and the minis and stuff are completely worthless so you end up paying 25 extra for a character slot.

That’s another thing that really upsets me about ANet. Their special editions come with literal garbage. A mini, a glider skin, and a finisher? Are you for real?

If they at least included weapon and armor skins it would seem a lot less scummy. New players probably don’t realize that those extras will sit forgotten in their wardrobe. Scummy as hell.

Posted by: Creativity.3816

Creativity.3816

This is unbelievably scummy. Pretty unethical and unfair if you ask me.

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Can someone explain to me why the standard edition of HoT isn’t coming with a character slot if we are getting a new class?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I’m sure the response will be …no response …but if there is a response, it will be along the lines of “you are paying for the expansion and getting the core game for free”.

Marketing 101.

Ding!
We have a winner!

Just saw that thread but cannot be bothered to post link, need my morning coffee now, trying to forget this morning happened.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Raven.3957

Raven.3957

Guys, keep this in mind. There not gonna change it for one simple fact.

People have already been paying for it at this price.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Let me clarify 50$ for an expansion pack is totally fine for me. I will gladly pay that or even the $100 for the ultimate edition.

The problem comes when you are offering the base game for “free” for all those new players.

Now I’m not saying new players don’t deserve this kind of special (and awesome) treatment, but what about the older players?

What about the people that already own the game? What about the people that stayed with you guys for all this time? Don’t they deserve some kind of bonus too?

Here’s my suggestion, since the basic expansions already includes the base game, people that already own the game gains instead those characters slots on their account. *

This sounds reasonable, but after the sarcasm ANet gave us in response to the many complaint threads, I feel really stupid for ever playing the game in the first place. The way John Smith responded, I get the feeling that they must believe their core fans are a bunch of teenagers living on mommy and daddy’s dime. And when I realize this, I feel like an idiot. It’s a child’s toy. I’m an adult. This would be such a stupid purchase.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

this should probably be a sticky with a much fleshed out notification about what it is.
it would’ve saved you and the community a lot of grief.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I don’t want a second account. I want just HoT.

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

I’m sorry but .. I can’t kittening offer to pay 50 euros and not having even a single character slot … how do you want people to seriously not taking anet for … fools?
what if I only want the expansion and a character slot? I don’t mind the rest … I kittening don’t mind a finisher or anything else …. just the expansion and … a character slot .. and I hope for 30 euros (or even 50) and not 75 euros …
seems like I’m not rich enough to play your game

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Let’s look at WoW for a moment shall we? Keeping things as cheap as possible the core game costs $19.99, and the lowest price for a subscription is $11.50, so if you play for a year that’s $157.99. This is ignoring expansions, the higher priced subscription plans, and so on.

GW2 is a one time purchase of $40, $20, or $10 depending on when you got it. $157.99 for a year versus a flat $40. The $50 price tag is fine.

What an asinine comparison. Just because it’ll cost more to play WoW for a year doesn’t magically make this expansion worth $50.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: manticorevault.5431

manticorevault.5431

WHERE THE kitten THE PRICE IS FINE?

I mean, $50 for some maps (being fair, the beta map is fine). But c’mon? Not even a character slot? It is impossible to stand by your side like this.

Also, it’s a kittenty move to give the game for free like this. They should’ve announce it before. There are friends of mine that bought the core game two weeks ago, and now ANet is just giving the game?

It is, AT LEAST, disrespectful.

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

All of this rage would be so much less if they would’ve just included a character slot. WHY ANET DO YOU KEEP SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT? WHY?

Honestly adding an Extra Character Slot and maybe some extra fluff like just the Rytlock mini to the Standard Edition would have soften the blow of the price for some people.