HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

Is it 2 separate codes or it’s 1-in-2?
Can I add HoT to my “old”-account while using the “free” as a separate?
Or I’ll lose the extra account if I don’t want a fresh-start?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Okay. Let’s talk. AAA games like Order: 1884, and others have less than 20 hours of content, yet cost 60 dollars. But, I hear you screaming, ‘I can return it to gamestop for money when I’m done!" Fine, total cost 30 dollars. So, HoT has to have more than 40 hours of content to be a good deal, right? 40 hours=20 times 2. 30 times 2=60. HoT=50. But HoT has to have more than 40 hours of content. So 50 dollars doesn’t seem like that bad a deal, if you put it into perspective. I’ve played this game A LOT. I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I think anet would be wise to add a free character slot to the 50 dollar option, tho.

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

When you pre order HoT you are NOT buying the core game as well. You are paying for all of the content that come with the expansion. The core game itself is absolutely FREE with this purchase and is just a added bonus for those who don’t already have the game. If you already own the game then you now have a spare account that you can use for alts(which is a good deal if you don’t want to pay for more character slots), give it to a friend or try out the EU servers if you NA only(reverse if your EU only). The expansion is not in any way over priced for the amount of content that is being supplied with it along with all of the living story updates that will come with it in time. The cost of the Original Guild Wars game $50. Every expansion after that was also $50. Granted those games were stand alone, Guild Wars 2 is not. It is a unique game that is still building is world and story which is why the core game itself is coming with the expansion. The amount of content that is being supplied in the expansion is well worth $50 especially on a game that DOESN’T require a monthly sub.

tl;dr Buy the expansion.

EDIT: Apparently you code that you are supplied with acts as either a HoT upgrade or a new account with HoT. You don’t get a second account but this is still a good deal.

This is not the case…
currently buying gw2 as a whole is unavailable and replaced by this joint purchase of gw2 and HoT, meaning that you pay for BOTH game at once, even vets do.
BESIDE
as someone stated in another forum, if you buy a sandwich for 6$, you don’t simply get the cheese worth 6$ and bread for free, you pay for the WHOLE sandwich, and get the WHOLE sandwich
Here I’m paying for the Xpac AND GW2, which is awesome for new players, but as a vet, I only get the xpac?
But I still paid for the core game, so, tell me, where is that particular feature in my purchase?
I’m telling you, this is not “marketing” because, if it was, you’d still be able to buy gw2 stand-alone, as it is, they are tying gw2 to HoT… it’s illegal…

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

“jacked up price” bundle is not really free…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

You are asking for people to have a deep and intricate perspective on something that was unveiled hours ago, with emotions running high, zero response or feed back from ANet and with things such as the FAQ suddenly being updated.

My opinions about the fact they are going about getting New Players in a very unfair way aside, you are basically asking people to have perspective the worst possible ever time you ever could.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I’d be okay with 40 honestly, at least if the expansion is big enough.

Fifty bucks on the other hand is the price of a full game, and if they want to charge that, it should be because HoT adds as much content to the game as it launched with, something we all know isn’t going to happen.

This is incorrect. New copies of games are currently priced at $60.00. If you’re getting them for $50 then you must know someone in the black market or have a coupon.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-Wild-Hunt-Digital/dp/B00WV7Q1ZI

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/batman-arkham-knight/113909

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end/116405

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/dead-island-2/115526

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

you want a logic reason from GW2? my sweet summer child.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

I don’t understand all the negativity in this thread.

Let me start off by saying that it is perfectly within your right to think that the expansion is overpriced. Anyone criticizing anyone else for that belief is being a jerk. It is a perfectly reasonable plan to either not buy HoT due to the price or to wait for a price drop before buying it.

However, what is not reasonable is to assume you are entitled to anything that is not on the tin. The expansion is $50. Period. You are not entitled to any kind of discount, bonus, or second GW2 key just because the expansion comes with the core game for new members. You are not entitled to anything from HoT just because you’re an established GW2 player. The only thing you are entitled to are the things that are listed for the price they are listed. If you don’t think they’re a good value, then don’t buy them. Or wait until the price is lowered to the point where you feel it’s a good value. I personally will be playing HoT day one.

Also, consider World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor costs $49.99 too, and that has subscription fees ontop of that. WoW also grants you all the previous expansions if you buy the latest. But it used to not always be that way. So anytime a new player would come along, they’d have to buy the core game and several expansions just to get caught up. It was ridiculous.

Anet including the core game with the expansion is a kindness and convenience to new players, and it makes smart business sense. It is not an excuse to try and wheel and deal a lower price for yourself. People getting the core game for free now does not detract from the joy and value you’ve gotten out of playing GW2 up to this point. So please stop acting like Anet has kitten in your cereal.

Only unlike GW2, WoW actually had huge amounts of content in their expansions so you COULD buy them slowly.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Give discount tho those that already has Core game (discount of 10EUR to 20EUR) and we will be even.

The very problem of this whole deal is…that Veteran players (or anyone that already has Core game),
are pure and simply screwed over by aNet…

Posted by: Captain Guthix.8320

Captain Guthix.8320

I’d still be pretty upset, but not nearly as mad. Maybe if they threw in some stuff, like character slots or gems.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Gw2 game costs $20, if you bought it within 30 days of the expansion you can get a full refund of your $20

If you are just a vet complaining about core game included, show some support for the guys making this game that you play

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Are people really screaming and shouting because the game is $50 as opposed to $40? Really?

Rylen.2147

Nope

/15chars

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I wouldn’t.
However, knowing that new players are getting the core game for free now makes the $50 price to vets a little high. It definitely feels like less of a value for existing players and not a good incentive for returning players.

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

You and your partner in crime that I responded to previously are missing the point.

You really applaud paying twice for the core game? Sure $50 or £50 for the xpac with a character slot is fine. No character slot and the core game for $50? I already own the core game, all of us already own the core game, what use is that to us?

Remove the core freebie for vets and add 2 character slots or 1 character slot for the Revenant profession.

Blindly defending such a foolish move by Anet is bad and you should feel bad because you encourage this sort of marketing ploy which if you read through this thread and the many threads created, many people are angry with. You are by proxy hurting this game, a game I love.

Or, for that matter – if you already have the base game and link this bundle into it, it might make sense to merge the character slots from both base games you bought together. I think something similar to that went on with GW1 campaigns, though I can’t remember exactly. It’s been a while.

Either way like I noted on another post – I don’t really have any use for more character slots, I have plenty of them already.

Well, it’s true what’s been pointed out before – that the true extent of content in this expansion hasn’t been published, and there’s no real need to pre-purchase it. Right now I feel disappointed with the pricing policy, so I’ll just wait and see how things will go.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

Wow all this salt.

$50 is fine for an expansion at release, all you cheaper people can wait two years till it goes on sale.

I’m wondering if any of the naysayers have ever played an MMO before, or dealt with DLC.

Calm down.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

The FAQ states that we’ll be able to upgrade in the gem store at some point from HoT standard to HoT deluxe, but it doesn’t tell us what the payment options will be then.

Will we be able to upgrade from HoT Standard to HoT Deluxe with gems or just $ (USD predominantly )?

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

Gw2 game costs $20, if you bought it within 30 days of the expansion you can get a full refund of your $20

If you are just a vet complaining about core game included, show some support for the guys making this game that you play

so that support should worth 30$ because we already support this game for almost 3 years by playing it and buy gems and keeping the game alive.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

In case no one got the joke… I was pointing out that there are bugs in the core game (included for free in HoT!) that have never really been fixed, that have been present since launch (in one guise or another) and do not seem to be getting a fix very soon. Bugs that impact achievements and the economy (Sam, I’m looking at you).

Before you pay $50-$100 for new content, ask yourself: is ArenaNet going to deliver a fully functional product later, if I pay them today?

In deciding the answer to that question, it might help you to consider the related question, “Has ArenaNet delivered a fully functional product in the core game I paid for 3 years ago?” (Sure, bugs happen and it takes time to fix them. But three years for delivery is a bit sloppy.)

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

Okay. Let’s talk. AAA games like Order: 1884, and others have less than 20 hours of content, yet cost 60 dollars. But, I hear you screaming, ‘I can return it to gamestop for money when I’m done!" Fine, total cost 30 dollars. So, HoT has to have more than 40 hours of content to be a good deal, right? 40 hours=20 times 2. 30 times 2=60. HoT=50. But HoT has to have more than 40 hours of content. So 50 dollars doesn’t seem like that bad a deal, if you put it into perspective. I’ve played this game A LOT. I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I think anet would be wise to add a free character slot to the 50 dollar option, tho.

1-8-8-4= 3
costs $30
30 times 2

mother of god
the number 3 shows up 3 times in that statement

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Rylen.2147

I don’t mind new players getting a free copy of the game. However, the content that ANet has shown to us simply does not justify $50. When we bought GW2, the promise was that we were buying a complete game to play, and what they have shown us simply does not look like a complete game, or at least that much worth of content. We’ve shown, as a community, that we’re willing to spend money on continuous updates and new skins and conveniences, and have done our job supporting our devs.

I’ll be happy to pay $50 for the XPac, as long as ANet proves I’m getting $50 in value. Tell me how much story I’m getting. Tell me how much new world I’ll get to explore. Tell me SOMETHING more than “You get way less than GW2, for the same price.”

We got to kill 1/6 elder dragons and are given 2/3 of the 2nd, then oh would you look at that we need to pay to finish the game.

Would you like it more if you payed $75 base for all the features in the last few months and all of S2?

you dont seem to get that HoT is essentially season 3 of living world. So Id like them to finish a kitten story before charging money for another!!!

No, HoT is the expansion continued off of the ending of S2. S3 will come after HoT

Based on your logic we should get the story for free, a good example of a real world problem is a book ending its series. Do you want the book for free? Sure everyone would like that but you would be just as happy to pay for the book to learn the ending of the series.

From what they show us HoT will be the end of Mordremoth…

No a real problem is
an author releases a free book series that is amazing and 20 books long. then they charge you for the 20th book saying if you want to find out how it ends empty your wallets and walk the plank the gabens need there feeding!

Reading about the content does not replace the joy of playing the content with your friends irl or in a guild!
Thats like saying hey you are never allowed to see another movie but you can read the online reviews about it.

It’s your choice to buy the game or not. Reading the reviews is a price to pay for not buying it

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

I think that’s good marketing for new players, but bad marketing for existing players. It’s going to provide existing players a reason to look for alternatives.

-S o S-

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I’m actually really picky about games because as you pointed out, most of the so-called AAA titles have very little content so I don’t buy those games.

ANet used to offer way better value than that, and that was why I played their games. I think HoT is the opposite of that value I expected from ANet in the past so I won’t be buying it at this price point. I don’t think it’s going to improve GW2 enough to justify that price. I’ll just keep playing without HoT and get it later when the price goes down.

Rylen.2147

1-8-8-4= 3
costs $30
30 times 2

mother of god
the number 3 shows up 3 times in that statement

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

/cough illuminati confirmed

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

It’s also probably the most important time to have perspective.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

It kind of is a scam, because how do we know they are ever going to release an upgrade version.

Right. They already charged NEW players an extra 10 then late said they still have to pay that 50 when they thought they were getting a deal but find out tonite they didnt. Might as well say it to be false advertisement

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Guys, keep this in mind. There not gonna change it for one simple fact.

People have already been paying for it at this price.

Yes, as a Pre-Purchase, with Beta access and Exclusive Title. They could lower the price at launch.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Yeah I’d still be mad cuz it’s only going to add like 3 new areas.

Source please? If you don’t have any reliable source then please do not make any foolish comments like this.

The reliable source? Oh idk, the beta? You know, that thing where a lot of people had to pray they got a drop [the most idiotic way to get into a beta ever] so they could access?

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

I for one will be definitely be taking this into account when I make purchasing decisions in the future, and I would feel pretty negligent in not calling attention to it when I just happened to luck into finding out about it from a random forum post.

And whether or not this affects my purchasing decision in the future, logically, would depend on how ArenaNet handles upgrading people to HoT pre-purchase, which they will be: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a46s4/preorders_for_heart_of_thorns_are_now_live/cs96lfu

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

also, i’m fine with the “make it easier for new players to get into it” . but what about the existing players ? why not just make another option of “xpac only edition” for the existing players ? it wouldn’t be so hard to add just one more pre-purchase option would it ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

two year for sale. i rather drop the game. i already planning for my new MMORPG

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s kind of like buying a LEGO bat-mobile set and the batman legoman being sold separately. lol.

So basically if you want to really play the expansion then it’s 60$. Well at least it’s less than 74$. I play it enough to be worth the price, there is not many good MMO on Mac.

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Just want to let everyone reading this that this is completely all my personal opinions and decisions. IDGAF if you disagree with me.

Now to the point : I don’t know why you, ANET, priced the base expansion at $50. I don’t need to have played it to know that it does not have $50 worth contents. You had plenty of videos, beta tests to prove it’s worth and impress me enough but it didn’t. ‘Maybe you should try it before making that judgement’ isn’t going to fly.
In my humble opinion I would only pay at most, $30. But that’s just me personally so no biggie, I know others who don’t have issues paying $50 for it.

Maybe you’re low on cash? If you are, let us know. Prove your worth. Otherwise it’s jut simple greed. How can it not? Most seems to agree with this point. This game isn’t 100% B2P as we all know, your obliviously expensive gem store rakes in cash after cash, so I doubt you’re low on cash. Compared to other MMORPG’s out there you’re doing pretty good actually.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Base-game-included-with-the-49-99-expansion/first#post5156129

The above statement I know has struck most of the players heart with absolute discontent. Words like displeased, upset, disappointed, blatantly ignored, a big kitten you to our faces probably doesn’t nearly enough describe what most are feeling right now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/I-m-not-buying-HoT-at-50-dollars/first#post5155683

What the kitten is with the above reply? You should be making cases trying to justify why everyone who’s raging that $50 isn’t worth it, is indeed worth it.

You know what? I might have, with difficulty, at least have purchased the $50 expansion if it was just expansion and another set of core + expansion was priced at $70 or something.

But no, by saying it has ‘free’ core game to entice new players, you have ended up shoving your filthy middle finger up my nostrils and not give a kitten whether or not I as an existing customer get anything as an incentive. Hmm yep paints the exact picture of what I felt when I saw the pricing.

Maybe you felt greedy and decided to rake in just a bit more cash. Funny thing is, by doing that you ended up not getting any money from me at all.
At least by either selling the expansion alone for $30+- for us existing players you would actually have made that much more certain income. There’s literally nothing for us for being loyal customers.

YOU tell me why I should buy the expansion for $50. Try. Convince me. Seriously. What the kitten kind of decision making went through at Anet HQ that came up with this pricing? I want to know.

Until then, good luck. I know that I may be but just a few number of people who will not purchasing HoT out of disgust and that might not affect anything end game for you, since I know there’s still a lot of players who will purchase HoT at the current pricing.

By not buying I’m certainly going to be left out of the HoT experience while others who ate the bullet and just bought it will. So in the end I might not be making any difference at all, in fact I am pretty sure this post will be glossed over. Only my loss, who cares if you lose one person’s $50 right?

But hey I’m content and glad with my money in my pocket and not yours. Maybe more players than anticipated will decide not to purchase the HoT. So I got that going for me.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

All of this rage would be so much less if they would’ve just included a character slot. WHY ANET DO YOU KEEP SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT? WHY?

Even then, I don’t bloody want a character slot, I have no use for one, I already have eight, and if they give me another if anything I’ll want a refund for one of the ones I already have. What I want is to buy the expansion and the expansion alone, without getting less for my money as compared to a new player.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

Economist and buisnesses look at the world with a cold cynical gaze seeing all life as numbers and values and never assigning true worth based on aspects of the soul, they see what you can do and how you can do it and assign ways to make the strongest better and leave the weaker behind.

enjoy your game because i want you to know that for ever minute you enjoy it someone some where is debating whether they should feed there family or spend an unreasonable amount of money on this over priced dlc.

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

This isn’t a question of being cheap. I drop 50s like theyre going out of fashion. I’m an impulsive guy. The thing that people aren’t happy about is value not price. I’m going to buy it anyway, but its my prerogative as a consumer to complain about my worries of value.

The REASON why there are so many salty people is because Anet has yet to convince a large amount of people of their exapnsion’s value or worth.

It is not your prerogative to tell us all to calm down and go away, or to shut up and just don’t buy the game.

(edited by fluxit.8247)

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I don’t understand all the negativity in this thread.

Let me start off by saying that it is perfectly within your right to think that the expansion is overpriced. Anyone criticizing anyone else for that belief is being a jerk. It is a perfectly reasonable plan to either not buy HoT due to the price or to wait for a price drop before buying it.

However, what is not reasonable is to assume you are entitled to anything that is not on the tin. The expansion is $50. Period. You are not entitled to any kind of discount, bonus, or second GW2 key just because the expansion comes with the core game for new members. You are not entitled to anything from HoT just because you’re an established GW2 player. The only thing you are entitled to are the things that are listed for the price currently listed. If you don’t think they’re a good value, then don’t buy them. Or wait until the price is lowered to the point where you feel it’s a good value. I personally will be playing HoT day one.

Also, consider World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor costs $49.99 too, and that has subscription fees ontop of that. WoW also grants you all the previous expansions if you buy the latest. But it used to not always be that way. So anytime a new player would come along, they’d have to buy the core game and several expansions just to get caught up. It was ridiculous. Anet including the core game with the expansion is a kindness and convenience to new players, and it makes smart business sense. It is not an excuse to try and wheel and deal a lower price for yourself.

Let me sum up 100% of all negativity in every thread for you.

It’d be super nice if you thought of your current loyal fans (assuming they still are) as nicely as you do new players.

Not a single person here is kittened because it’s 50$ or because they don’t get some shiny item. (Well okay im sure some people are)

Everyone is kittened because ANET literally just admitted to caring substantially more for new players than any current or former players.

Yes, every company in the world feels this way, attract as many people as you can. That’s the goal. But you also don’t shaft the people who have been with you from the start just to get new people invested in you. It’s disgusting and every single person has a legitimate right to be infuriated about it.

You want to do this properly?
Expansion 50$
Expansion&Game&Shiny Things 70$
Expansion&Game&SuperShinyThings 100$.

YOU NEVER tell a customer “Thanks for shopping here, I’m going to ignore you though because I see we already have your business and instead I’m going over there to talk to that person because it looks like we might get theirs too.” You’d be fired on the spot.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No. Everyone is buying just the expansion. But for new players, they will get the basic game to play now while we all wait for the expansion. This is a clever way to get players to pony up the money this quarter than waiting for just before the release.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

I realize a lot of you are upset because you also recently bought the core game and it is a lot of money. But, consider this as well, most of the content ANET has been giving us over the past 3 years has been free (outside of the gem store). ANET isn’t a subscription based MMO they make all their money off buying the game and the gem store. Yet, they still gave us all of living world season 1-2 for free as it launched. Sure you had to buy for it later if you missed the updates, but it is still a lot of content they could have been having us pay for along the way.

Incorrect. Anyone who bought the game recently will only have LS Season 2 if they pay gems for it. You only got it for free if you logged in during the 2-week window of the episode’s release.

Posted by: Captain Guthix.8320

Captain Guthix.8320

also, i’m fine with the “make it easier for new players to get into it” . but what about the existing players ? why not just make another option of “xpac only edition” for the existing players ? it wouldn’t be so hard to add just one more pre-purchase option would it ?

I second this. ANet would get even more money by doing this because all the players who have the game but don’t even have enough money to consider buying the $50 expansion would buy an “xpac only edition”, which would hopefully be cheaper.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Yea I’m not buying it for $50 either. I bought it for $99 and got 4000 gems and other goodies. After playing for over 2 years, play for many many hours per day and still having fun, I’m looking forward to the future of this game!!

You won’t buy it for $50 but you will for $100… As Shakespeare once wrote, “false logic!”

LOL That first part was sarcasm and yes I didn’t spend 50 bucks I payed 99 for it for all the extras. That was my choice.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

You probably did not know this… But every expansion from the original Guild Wars provides added character slots for existing players. Guild Wars 2 is when that tradition break…

Now to be totally off topic. Can I buy this game for $50 RMB? I think I won’t be upset after that.

-S o S-

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

I am willing to pay $19.99 for an account upgrade that has the HoT content and includes a character slot. I am not interested in your products if you’re trying to scam me.

My thoughts exactly. Not buying at that pricepoint especially kitten off no character slot. LOL!

How is it a scam? Have you ever bought an expansion for an MMO before? News flash, they’re all $50+.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward is $40. Shut up.

Guild Wars: Factions, $50, Guild Wars: Nightfall, $50. No. Look at EVERY expansion for World of Warcraft then come back.

Factions and Nightfall weren’t expansions. They were separate games that could be linked to each other and Prophesies.

All the more reason why their prices are justified, and HoT’s isn’t.
Not to mention the fact they included 2 professions and a Tyria-sized continent. And character slots.

Already bought deluxe

Stop complaining about $50, it’s not greedy, you don’t have sub fees, and you should be able to pay it

And it’s enablers like you who cave in to corporate greed who are making this sort of behavior baseline.
This is why standards have fallen so far in the gaming industry.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

(edited by Blackworm.2167)

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

I think in truth you are just trying to create another really unneeded topic in the hopes that might hide the other ones.

Lets face it, the people who create topics and complain? Well they have something to complain about, they are angry, they have a purpose you know?

But people like you? Who create a topic specifically to defend/aim at those people who are complaining? Why do you it?

I’m genuinely curious as to why it is important to you, so important to make sure all those ‘entitled’ (in your opinion) people be quiet and stop posting?

I swear I sometimes wonder if MMO companies actually pay certain players to come on and do this because I genuinely do not understand the logic, I have never in my life actively come out and gone “Hey you! Stop complaining about something that I don’t really care about but you obviously care about!”

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

For those that missed the E3 stream on guild halls, just the guild hall content alone I would have payed $50 this is going to be amazing. Stop complaining about the price and whether new players get the core game free and watch this.

http://youtu.be/0nKnkySDrvU

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Yeah I’d still be mad cuz it’s only going to add like 3 new areas.

Source please? If you don’t have any reliable source then please do not make any foolish comments like this.

It is speculation. They’ve been very vague about how much content it will add. The HoT page only talks about adding areas in the Maguuma jungle, which is a pretty small area. Also notice that it doesn’t mention new dungeons or towns.

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

I realize a lot of you are upset because you also recently bought the core game and it is a lot of money. But, consider this as well, most of the content ANET has been giving us over the past 3 years has been free (outside of the gem store). ANET isn’t a subscription based MMO they make all their money off buying the game and the gem store. Yet, they still gave us all of living world season 1-2 for free as it launched. Sure you had to buy for it later if you missed the updates, but it is still a lot of content they could have been having us pay for along the way.

Incorrect. Anyone who bought the game recently will only have LS Season 2 if they pay gems for it. You only got it for free if you logged in during the 2-week window of the episode’s release.

I realize that and stated it. in what I said with “if you missed it you have buy it” statement.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

All of this rage would be so much less if they would’ve just included a character slot. WHY ANET DO YOU KEEP SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT? WHY?

Even then, I don’t bloody want a character slot, I have no use for one, I already have eight, and if they give me another if anything I’ll want a refund for one of the ones I already have. What I want is to buy the expansion and the expansion alone, without getting less for my money as compared to a new player.

I would be fine with being able to buy the expansion only, for a reasonable price, since I am going to have to shell out the $10 anyways for a slot to play the new profession. Sorry but it just doesn’t make sense. That’s why the whole first page of the forum is about this issue.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You can’t buy LS 1 at all. New players are just out that content.

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

You probably did not know this… But every expansion from the original Guild Wars provides added character slots for existing players. Guild Wars 2 is when that tradition break…

Now to be totally off topic. Can I buy this game for $50 RMB? I think I won’t be upset after that.

Every expansion in gw1 also added another tab to your bank, don’t forget that~