HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

While I fully understand that I have to pay VAT in the UK.
I have done some calculations on the Deluxe and Ultimate versions and found that if you take the US dollar price, add VAT and then convert it to UK pounds then it is about 5% more expensive than the UK pound price listed on the official website.

Why is there an additional 5% fee on top of VAT for purchasers in the UK?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Yup, that’ll do it. I can’t try out the new revenant without canning one of my existing characters.

So to try out one of the major features of the expansion, I need to spend ANOTHER $10, making it $60.

Also, to add on to your math, it’s a more economically sound decision to simply NOT upgrade my account, and get a second one for HoT, giving us FIVE more character slots and keeping our old account as alts for playing base content.

That’s a good point.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

To put it into perspective, the cost of HoT is equivalent to 3 unlimited harvesting tools, 1 outfit, and 1 hairstyle kit.

Think about that.

HoT is going to have less story, less maps, no dungeons, and about 1/3 of the original games total content.

Yet, costs the same amount of money as the original game at launch.

Think about that.

Which means you can’t place things in vacuum and compare them on a 1:1 ratio.

Standard pricing for expansions TODAY is around $40-60 (See Heavensward and WoD), both of which have less content than the base game. I mean, kitten , Diablo 3 expac was $40 for what was basically 1/4 of the original game. Don’t forget SC2 expansions that go FULL price as well for what’s basically new missions and few new units.

Heavensward is 40 bucks.
WoD was 50 bucks, that came with a free 60 dollar cash shop item upon purchase. You know, an item that helped out both new and loyal players.

And it’s still 80% of the price for far less than 80% of the content of the original game. Plus you have to pay a monthly fee on TOP of that.

there was still a FREE 60 dollar cash shop item which lightened the blow of the 50.00 price tag….you also didn’t have everyone getting WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and more for free, which didn’t divide the playerbase as people buying just HoT Content vs new players buying HoT + Base game content.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

So if I want a character slot I’m going to have to pay extra for one if I don’t want to delete ANY of my 15 chars? ( doing map completion on all so do not want to delete any).

This means the price goes up to £43.49 for me.

Not good at all, we shouldn’t be forced to delete chars to be able to play the new profession NOR should we have to pay EXTRA to buy a slot to play new profession either.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

If you’re just gonna trash your account you might as well give your stuff away. We didn’t do anything to make you mad.

Plus…

Well, bye.

Evil is done when good men do nothing. If you support this then you encourage the game industry to continue being awful. So yes, you did do something to us.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

You have to buy more character slots to play every profession as is. If you haven’t bought more character slots well then you have deleted one to try another one. Just because they make a new profession doesn’t mean they have to give you a new character slot for it. If you had a character slot for every profession then yes it should be included but you get five character slots when you buy this game yet have eight professions to choose from. So now its nine profession to choose from. You’ll still need character slots if you plan to play every profession.

everyone was fine with 5 slots for 8 professions….most players expected to have professions they didn’t really enjoy, which I also weeded out as I made new professions for each slot….I can’t stand playing Mesmers, Necros, or Engineers.

The problem is now I have 5 level 80’s and unless I put out 10 bucks to play the Revenant, I have to delete a chr that I have hours upon hours on, over the last 3 years.

Essentially, I have to buy the expac for 50, and then buy the class/chr for 10 bucks, like this is some type of MOBA.

Or you can convert gold into gems and get a character slot for 100gold. You don’t have to spend any real money.. Start farming since you now know you will not be getting a character slot.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Jordo.5913

When pre-purchasing the game through the official website or through select retailers, there are four available tiers.

Heroic Edition ($49.99 USD)

Heroic Edition did not exist at launch, the pricing changed when they introduced that… the pricing at launch was as below:

The Guild Wars 2 Collector’s Edition retails at $149.99 MSRP, the Digital Deluxe at $79.99 MSRP and the Standard/Digital Edition at $59.99 MSRP.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/press-releases/guild-wars-2-pre-purchase-now-live.php

touché, I stand corrected on pricing

Posted by: flatline.3716

flatline.3716

to me it is about value. a new player will receive much greater value for this game than an existing one. especially if they want to buy gems and an extra character slot because the $100 version nets them the core game, the expansion pack, $50 worth of gems, a character expansion slot, and a few other things. An existing player only gets the base game if they sacrifice any character or item they have acquired on their old account. It doesn’t make sense that a new player should get more value out of the expansion pack than the existing player.

Kind of stinks because I had bought a second account and was going to buy the expansion for both accounts. probably won’t buy it for either account now, at least until their is some sort of sale on it or something, unless it really blows my socks off reading reviews and we find out there is way more content than it appeared. Watch a friend play the new class and it really doesn’t seem that cool to me. Wish it would of been 2 new classes with new character slots like in the good old days with the original Guild Wars.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think I see the tracks waaaaay over there —-—→

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

new account : Pay $50. get 5 empty slot. get to try Revenant.
old account with no empty character slot : Pay$50. kitten, no empty slot. Have to spend gems to buy slot try Revenant.

EDIT : to clarify what i meant

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Shouldn’t the prepurchase be cheaper then the retail version? I mean you discard the safety of knowing the game’s quality via reviews, and take a leap of faith with it…

Pre-orders in nearly all cases are essentially a cash grab from over-hyped fans. People will justify the actually bad decision to pay more for something they don’t even get before others with their “support” for the game, but in the end, they just are not patient enough to wait.

I bought a physical copy of GW2 at realease in a store for € 37.99.
I am almost certain that I will get an offer even cheaper for GW2:HoT, probably € 34.99 at release (store price for a physical copy). Maybe I will just buy a key online, which will be even less than that.

So people should calm down. You only have to pay $ 50 / € 45 now, if you for – whatever reason – feel like you have to do so. Otherwise, safe your bucks and get the same for way less coin.

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

Yup, that’ll do it. I can’t try out the new revenant without canning one of my existing characters.

So to try out one of the major features of the expansion, I need to spend ANOTHER $10, making it $60. (The ability to buy gems is a moot point. That’s just someone ELSE subsidizing that cost for me, that extra $10 is getting spent)

Also, to add on to your math, it’s a more economically sound decision to simply NOT upgrade my account, and get a second one for HoT, giving us FIVE more character slots and keeping our old account as alts for playing base content.

^^^^^^^^
Proof that ANet have kittened up royally.
Jesus christ, how did it get this bad? Do they not sit down and think about what they do before they do it?

I mean, of course not, it’s kittening ANet, but WHY DON’T THEY?

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

First of all, this is not about whether or not the price for an expansion is too much. I’m also not going to focus on conversion rates, because that’s probably not how this all works.

However, I would like to know why we Europeans have to pay you extra for the same fluff you add in the Deluxe and Ultimate editions.

In dollar the pricing is 49,99$ – 74,99$ and 99,99$. In euro you correctly price the base expansion at 44,99€, but then price both the Deluxe and Ultimate editions at 74,99€ and 99,99€ euro.

Please tell my why we have to pay an additional 5 euro for this content?

actually for once we’re paying less $99.99 currenly exchanges to 88.82 Euro assuming an average vat rate of 18% then that adds another 16 Euro to 104.82 euro. We’re saving 5 Euro if you buy the ultimate that is.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

To put it into perspective, the cost of HoT is equivalent to 3 unlimited harvesting tools, 1 outfit, and 1 hairstyle kit.

Think about that.

HoT is going to have less story, less maps, no dungeons, and about 1/3 of the original games total content.

Think about that.

Which means you can’t place things in vacuum and compare them on a 1:1 ratio.

Standard pricing for expansions TODAY is around $40-60 (See Heavensward and WoD), both of which have less content than the base game. I mean, kitten , Diablo 3 expac was $40 for what was basically 1/4 of the original game. Don’t forget SC2 expansions that go FULL price as well for what’s basically new missions and few new units.

Heavensward is 40 bucks.
WoD was 50 bucks, that came with a free 60 dollar cash shop item upon purchase. You know, an item that helped out both new and loyal players.

And it’s still 80% of the price for far less than 80% of the content of the original game. Plus you have to pay a monthly fee on TOP of that.

there was still a FREE 60 dollar cash shop item which lightened the blow of the 50.00 price tag….you also didn’t have everyone getting WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and more for free, which didn’t divide the playerbase as people buying just HoT Content vs new players buying HoT + Base game content.

Oh man, they better release the super duper 4k gem mini soon then, definitely get my money’s worth with that!

Posted by: Lea.6194

Lea.6194

Please Anet, read carefyully what is explained above, english is not my native language and a lot of people explain right hoow veterans are mistreated with this announce. Veterans have been supporting you since April 2012
We already have the game, no need for us to buy it again!The is the most awfull commercial offer i’ve ever read .

new player account : pay $50. get 5 free slot. get to try Revenant.
old players with no free slot : pay $50. no free slot.well, too bad for you, kitten off, go buy a slot to try Revenant.

… existing players would be happy if the “free” core game converted to free character slot.

That would be fair.

Posted by: Arthur Panther.4915

Arthur Panther.4915

Just So We’re Clear Between Us
for the players Many countries have laws on the books regarding these deceptive business practices. There are legal remedies that may be available to players in those countries. Those legal remedies may (or may not, admittedly) change the way anet deals with this particular issue – see Steam’s recent changes after being sued in Australia .

That the business practices we’ve seen are deceptive there can be no doubt. whether your country has laws to protect you from this type of deceptive practice is up to you to find out.

I don’t recommend suing anet, but I do heartily encourage every consumer to be aware of their rights as individuals.

Finally, to anet: I really wish it hadn’t come to a time when I was warning other players to check their local laws about what you’re doing. You’ve gone and done what I swore to my friends was not a possible thing, and flipped my opinion about you 180 degrees over a stupid expansion. I’m sure others feel as poleaxed as I do. To keep them, and to keep me, I suggest you fix it, fix it now, and make a hearty apology to boot.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I think you’re missing it entirely. My point is that when people like me, who have paid thousands of dollars to these guys HAPPILY and would continue to do so happily start getting up and getting jacked, it says something.
When your most loyal fans start saying “Too much!” then you have a problem.
Also, I call BS on your blast statement. :P

So you spent thousands of dollars and can’t cough up another 50? LOL should have maybe spend hundreds instead.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

The funniest thing. I remember when D3 exp was announced. Everyone was happy. When they announced pricing, they were still happy. When it was released once again, they were mostly still happy. Oh, they also didn’t have to have an imaginary copy of D3 taken from them that they could have kept if they’d started a new account, and they didn’t have to pay for a character slot to use the new class either.

You know it’s going hell west and crooked when Blizzard give better value and look after their customers better than aNet, a company started by disgruntled Blizz employees, who among other things were peeved at Blizz’s treatment of loyal customers.

It is to laugh, haha.

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The game came with one slot per race, not per profession.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

MashMash.1645

Think about that.

Think about that.

Original game was 59,99 at launch as far as I recall… and where is your source on that estimation of content in HoT we know next to nothing about the extent of PvE content at this point.

we know next to nothing about the extent of PvE content at this point

And that in itself is a HUGE problem. They want us to buy into this not great deal, yet have told us barely anything about it. It’s basically gambling.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think I see the tracks waaaaay over there —-—->

Oh, are we talking about trains now? On a tangential note, what do you think about the hyperloop thing?

Posted by: ArrogantHero.4965

ArrogantHero.4965

People on these forums are complaining about the value of the GW2 expansion. I believe that everyone is titled to there opinion, fair enough. BUT if you have ever went to go see a movie when it first came out YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!! You say GW2 expansion cost too much but you will spend $10-$20 to see a 2 hour movie.

By your argument, you’re also a hypocryte if you ever eat out, buy beer, or smoke narcotic substances.

i don’t drink, smoke, or do drugs. And food and water I need for my survival so there is a lot of value in that. I’m also not a hypocrite because I’m not the one complaining about the value of a video game.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They could have least had the courtesy to include a character slot and some bag slot expansions for veteran players.

It’s pretty outrageous they introduce a class and don’t introduce a character slot to go with it, so you pay 50 bucks for an expansion plus the 800 gems it takes to try out the new class if you got all other classes at 80.

Posted by: Gravox the Terrible.2157

Gravox the Terrible.2157

“And the forums begin to blossom with threads of those that whine about other peoples whine threads, and so the circle of life continues.”-David Attenborough voice.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Is this a thread that really should stay on the original track?

I dont really have a problem with MCU movies deviating from the comic book so long as they are reasonably consistent themselves and are a fun time to watch.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Poor kitty. Being able to buy it in your own currency so you needn’t worry about conversions and fees. How terrible!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

The game came with one slot per race, not per profession.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nope, the train has left Earth and is headed for the stars.

See You Space Conductor…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

^ it has already been said

Jordo.5913

I despise playing Mesmers, Necros, nor Engineers. I had no reason to buy a chr slot.

If I had to buy a chr slot after recieving 5 chr slots to pick and choose from the 8 professions, I’m fine with that.

I like the look of the Revenant.

I have to pay 50 bucks for a game just to get the Revenant, and then 10 dollars more to make a Revenant. I am not okay with that.

GW1, added 2 classes, gave two chr slots. They added another 2 classes, they gave another 2 chr slots. They added no classes in EOTN, yet they still gave away, 2 more chr slots. I sometimes question if it’s the same Arenanet that is making GW2.

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Holy kitten. Entitled egocentric irrational whiners.

No let’s do some logical thinking
New players receive – the base game, 5 character slots, and HoT
Old players receive – HoT

New players receive 50 dollars of content ( base game ) + HoT for 50 dollars

Old players receive 50 less dollars In content.

Old players have had a varying amount of time from 3.X to 0 years of gameplay.

This means some players who just bought an account get absolutely nothing and were just highway robbed. Old players just payed 50 dollars for 3-.6 years of gameplay.

Does 3.x – .6 years of gameplay justify complete loss of 50 dollars – no.

Therefore, because character slots are so incredibly easy to store in servers ( all it has to be is a value table) old players should gain equal character slots. They already highway Rob you for character slots because buying the base game is more efficient.

Regardless, Anet’s old policy of having each expansion completely separate from the base game ( gw1 ) where cantha and elona were $20 expansions that did not include the base game and did not force you to rebuy the base game worked fine for them and this way is just an attempt to squeeze money out of us veteran players or a failure of language, grammar, syntax and communication.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

Posted by: Omocha.4931

Omocha.4931

Pretty sure all of us got at least 20 stacks of Confusion seeing the core HoT offer naked. Using the “Purchase” skill surely promised to lead to a downed state. Mentally, at least.

On a side note, to all of them people comparing the costs here with WoW. This isn’t WoW. Everything else costs though, just like in a f2p game which IS f2p, whereas GW2 is not. It’s a lot better and wiser to compare GW with GW, not with f2ps or with subbed games. Although there are sturdy examples of both other types who have a more swift bug-fixing behavior and respectful and customer friendly approach than what GW2 currently has.

What ANet can offer on its own will does. Everything else is probably constrained by a “Shut up, lie or get fired” warning from the higher ups. Bug fixing, game balancing, content tunning all require time which the bosses don’t want to support and pay for. So they have to make more [Mini Rock]s.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Yeah, think i’ll do just that. When HoT is priced at around 40$ (given i’m in europe that will likely mean buying a key), that’s when i’ll jump the ship.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Can anyone make me a list of what this expansion will add and how much of it? (exclude things like professions because we know they are not part of the expansion).

After you make that list, please tell me how is it worth the same amount of money as the CORE game (in your own opinion)? Take in consideration all the maps, all the events, all the dungeons, all the races, all the classes, all the weapons, all the skins the core game gives us..pvpmode, wvwmode………because judging by the price tag of the expansion, the game should literally DOUBLE in everything over night.

So yes..please make a list of stuff HoT gives us for 50$. How many maps, how big are the maps, how many classes, how many races, how many dungeons, how many events, how many armor/weapon skins and types. How many new game modes. Does it have game-wide performance increase? Does it have newer DirectX? Does it support more then 2 cores? (64bit) or is it still as old as Pentium 3? Does it have solid visual improvements? …and anything else that comes to mind strictly HoT related.

I want to judge HoT (expansion) vs GW2 (core game) based on price….and i want to see your view on this subject. Maybe i am somehow blind and i don’t see the “gem” in the pile of “rubble”. I am honestly open minded.

I even go as far as inviting the ANet marketing team to not only convince me but also themselves why HoT (expansion) offers the same level of value for price as the main game (on release day). I imagine they have a speech ready if they want to convince ppl to throw as much money on an expansion as they did on the core game…it’s in their interest IMO.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Can you 2 please explain what the 5th race is for us all lol

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

While I agree with everything, this part is sort of flawed. If you do this, you loose everything you worked for on the main account. (Achievement points, legendaries, skins, so on.)

I do agree this is a big middle finger to existing players. I expect to pay for the expansions, but not at the same cost as a new player since I already purchased the game. ($150 for the CE when it came out). The ultimate version is kind of a joke too. Basically a $25 increase for just gems and the ability to say you have the ultimate edition. Really? At least with the CE, I have special (and awesome) real world items that nobody else can have unless you got the CE. I am basically just giving you another $25 for an extra that you did not have to put any effort into. Its like saying, here buy this game and we will include this paper with the game code. It just makes no sense to get the ultimate version except to give you more money.

(edited by Mistress Elemental.3750)

MashMash.1645

you are not buying the game twice……the expension price is 50$ but for someone who dont have the core game aleady they get it for free as a bonus.its a way to attract new comer.this game have no sub fee and have been out for what,2-3 year already?a sub fee game would have cost you like 5-6 time more then this game so far. this expension is a bit more expensive then other game like ff14 or wow because those game have a sub fee….expension is the way to make $ for buy to play game and it still end up dirt cheap compared to most hight quality mmorpg (sub fee)

oh, sweet, then I can buy this, and use the free copy of the base game as an alt.

oh wait. if the base game was an additional item, then it’d come as a separate key which could be passed on or used as an alt. this doesn’t.

Yeah, they really should stop trying to sell this as a “bonus” – it’s basically nothing.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

The character slot isn’t the problem at all. Adding a character slot to the cost wouldn’t change my mind. I could easily just buy more slots with gold. The problem here is $50 isn’t worth it and new players are being rewarded with way more for the price than veteran players. That is what is unacceptable.

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

ArenaNet Headquarters atm:

Attachments:

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

I think you’re missing it entirely. My point is that when people like me, who have paid thousands of dollars to these guys HAPPILY and would continue to do so happily start getting up and getting jacked, it says something.
When your most loyal fans start saying “Too much!” then you have a problem.
Also, I call BS on your blast statement. :P

So you spent thousands of dollars and can’t cough up another 50? LOL should have maybe spend hundreds instead.

Did you miss all the “x3”
$150. And then 800 gems x3 for the slots.

It all adds up. I didn’t need to give them an extra 30 bucks so we could play EoTN without having to delete a character to make a new one, nor should I have to now. I’m a dedicated and loyal customer as are the many others who are in a similar boat. But you know how it goes, they have our money, they will do as they please. Once upon a time though, it pleased them to please us. Fancy a world like that eh..

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

No, the price is a fixed $50,- as stated by RB in the Anet twitter feed. If you already have an account you pay the full price for the expansion.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

And that in itself is a HUGE problem. They want us to buy into this not great deal, yet have told us barely anything about it. It’s basically gambling.

Which is why pre-orders or in this case pre-purchases are a really bad idea and you shouldn’t partake in the practice if you have any reservations such as those.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

And food and water I need for my survival so there is a lot of value in that.

Yeah, but you don’t need it to come from a restaurant, which was the point.

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

And can i use the bonus core game as a 3rd account and setting the expansion on my first?

Piken Square

Posted by: ashjustash.4302

ashjustash.4302

I’m just going to jump in feet first even though my tendency is to just lurk and make snarky comments to my hubby about what I read here.

Circle around, kiddos, it’s time for a little old fogey story time.

See, way back when your grandpapi played this game called WoW. I made quippy disparaging comments as any tried and true FPS’er does every time he tried to me to play. It was about the time this Crusade was popular when he finally convinced me to join him and like any proper masochist I rolled out a Holy Priest. For those of you to young to understand my pain, take a badger and shovel it into your pants and then run the Boston Marathon without losing that badger. Its the same thing…actually that would probably be easier. Anyways, where was I?

Oh yeah, WoW Burning crusade…well about the time the Lich King was completed I finally finished leveling that Holy Priest. Heck, by this time I actually had multiple characters (though none at 80), on multiple accounts. Multiple accounts that were opened for 100 plus dollars (depending on sales) for all the expansions. By the time Cata came about we were spending about 75 dollars a month after spending around 300 dollars upgrading all our accounts with the expansion. We didn’t get any perks. We didn’t get any benefits for basically paying a months worth of rent for most people. We got nadda and those pour souls who didn’t even own the core game? And had to buy ALL the previous expansions? The mind boggles…Of course, about the time Panda rolls around they started cutting newbies some slack, but way back when…It was nothing but highway robbery.

Then this silly Brit came along all chuffed about GW2. Ha! We mocked him as serious MMO neckbeards are required. That gw2 wasn’t no goshdurned MMO it was just for filthy casuals…then the facts about it started coming out. No monthly fee? Buy more character slots? “Expansions” called living story for free? Wuuuuuuuuu- Okay, maybe…yeah, its just 60 er, 120 dollars for us to play. No monthly fees, we can just not tell anyone we’re tossing about with casuals.

After six months we had abandoned our WoW accounts (It was Cata kitten , who wouldn’t have?) And spent all of our time in GW2. In the years since we have played like crackheads looking for a fix and then not logged in for weeks at a time. We have, without a doubt, paid one of their developers full year salaries all by ourselves because of that dange Gem Store and we’ll do it again for some pretty simple reasons.

The game is good. The developers are good. The business practices of Anet are good. Have they made mistakes? Sure, but then again so have I (I’ll tell you about the time I signed a business deal because of a bottle of Wild Turkey, two angry possums, and a wrestling match which ended on the count of gator….er, later, ask me for it in another post.) And sometimes they’ve been some stupid decisions made, but on the whole and in general Anet has put the players and their concerns first when there was a unified voice.

Now, me and grandpa already spent our two hundred dollars without even discussing it. There was no question in our minds, but some people aren’t as lucky as us. And, understandably, you may feel jipped about the benefits if you can only do the standard edition.

But, please consider how you’re conducting yourselves when discussing your displeasure and consider all the options available to you before you go on a “kitten” filled rant.

Your first option is to just nicely and respectfully lay out your qualms and a suitable compromise Anet could do with you. Variations of this include campaigning with your mates for Veteran Perks to be added to the standard package just as Newbe Perk includes the core game.

The second is…wait. There are sales all the time. Fume to yourself and take a break until a sale comes along.

What are some more?

The reason I put this in the terms of what You can do is because there isn’t a person or business on this planet which owes you squat. You bought GW2. They gave you the game. Transaction completed. Anything else they have provided you since then is a perk which you’re receiving for no reason other than they’re being nice.

I’m grateful to Anet because in the history of my transactions with them, my expectations of what I would receive, Anet as given us a butt load of perks for no bloody reason. Compared to the monthly kitten we experienced at the hands of Bliztard and the complete mockery they did to us after taking our money? Anet is a goshdurned angel of heaven. Frack, the Mafia can be accurately labeled as Saints compared to Blizz.

Work together to solve your issues with HoT pricing and benefits…because if it was anyone else, in my experience, they would have prison showered us and laughed on their way to the commissary about it.

This is opinion based and completely without worth or value. I owe you nothing if you wasted time reading it. Have a great evening!

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

they dont care.

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

Factions and Nightfall added new classes and new char slots with them at no extra cost and bank tabs too to people already owning Prophecies. That was a nice gesture towards the loyal player base.

Funny thing is HoT turned from an expansion to a standalone version with the twist in the plot Anet threw out. Meaning that while the new players get the base game ‘for free’, the existing player base should get something tossed in for free too (char slot, bank expansion, inventory expansion, gems… Not the middle finger waved in front of their eyes. That’s bad marketing from my point of view.

It’s also bad marketing when fixing bugs and balance in the game for the players is being a secondary goal to stacking up more trash in the gemstore. Because that means for me the bugs in the orginal game will be buried under the new ones which, in turn, will be covered up with more [Mini Rock] clones. So I’m understanding that I’ll be paying for something that has a 50-50 chance of functioning as intended and there’s a really high chance of Anet just revising their statements (like they did with HoT being expansion) if the pressure will become too big on adressing confusing mechanics or other unpleasant aspects.

All companies, under the loving eyes of the big publishers (like EA, hm?) are shifting their strategies towards milking their customers dry. ME3 was a very good example of such a policy. Current marketing strategies applied in GW2 are also good example. So while pricing-wise, the $50 is not uncommon, the attitude towards the loyal community is disastrous.

All of the GW1 releases were a good value. EotN was also a good value. This does not seem like the same Anet. It seems like something EA would do. Wait! They’re giving away expansions over at SWTOR to loyal customers? Say it ain’t so!

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

I try to mimic some whiners here : rant GIMME MOARR, GIMME EVERYTHING FOR 9 DOLLARS WITH EXPANSION, I played this game for 3 years without paying a monthly fee or anything but I want all for free

We want a reduction, not a free product. People have literally said “Guys, if you lower the price by ten bucks, we’ll totally buy it.”

Idiot.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: dookleeto.3647

dookleeto.3647

But what am I getting for “Free” – NOTHING.

What makes you think you you are entitled to anything for “Free”?

And Zoul, you can get an extra account, just make a new account and you get the base game for free. You will have one new account with HOT, and your old account without. If that is what you really want, you can have it.

Posted by: DoorNail.6741

DoorNail.6741

I’m not gonna buy, honestly (maybe in the future at a lowered price). Kinda pricey for content that isn’t even the half amount compared to the core game. Have to agree with how some are saying veteran players are pooped on with this decision.

I was really hoping for at least a free character slot, but doesn’t look like it.