HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

This is the equivalent to the cable company flicking a switch and us getting four more channels for $30 a month. Thanks cable company!
I bought the $100 version with no qualms, but I am with the OP fully.
Just include a character slot already. With every version.
It’s simple gratitude Anet.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: brialex.8520

brialex.8520

lets face it we bought the game and ewas told all new content etc is all yours fora one off fee,now we are told about new expansion and it will cost us, lets face it we was lied about it.
gw2 is now like other mmos like wow you want new expansion you buy it,grats gw2 you just turned out to be like any other mmo,oh well time to start looking elsewhere i guess,greed tutut.

Posted by: Changeling Dash.4782

Changeling Dash.4782

By this offer they just saying out loud “We don’t care about our players, that played our game all this years and donated. We care much more about new players. You may step away.”
Because as i see it now – new player gets much more for the same price. Annet, i was always grateful to you about this game, donated money, played, tested, reported gold sellers, etc. I don’t want to feel left behind. I don’t want all the comunity to feel like that.
Please, make a few new offers:
- Cheaper “Upgrade” of base game to HotT
- Character slot to anyone, who already has a base game and buys 50$ version of the game

This kitten is totaly kittened up and that kittens me.

(edited by Changeling Dash.4782)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Old players got years of free updates and open world content that new players will never get to play.

You see it as old players got nothing. I see it as old players got way more content out of this game then anyone new coming into this game.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Standard edition: $50/£35/€45
Google says:
$50 = £31.77
$50 = €44.38

Deluxe edition: $75/£60/€75
Google says:
$75 = £47.67
$75 = €66.58

Ultimate edition: $100/£80/€100
Google says:
$100 = £63.55
$100 = €88.78

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

well i guss op is right, we can see the marketing in order to invole new players but what about the marketing on the older ones? Anet seems sure they wil stay no matters what…

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I noticed someone mentioning the euro pricing of HoT, and decided to do some maths. turns out Anet is not being fair to foreign players.
some of the numbers:

Package Price in $ Price in £ Price in €
Standard $50 £35($55) €50($50)
Deluxe $75 £60($94) €75($84)
Ultimate $100 £80($125) €100($112)

all converted currencies are rounded down to the nearest Pound or Euro, so the actual numbers are slightly worse.

What the hell Arenanet? I can understand a little discrepancy to make the numbers neat, but us Brits are paying nearly as much for Deluxe as americans are for the Ultimate. even if we ignore all the other issues this pre-purchase scheme brings up, this right here is a major issue, and pretty much unacceptable.

I really, really, hope this is either an error or has a good explanation, ‘cos as much as I love Guild Wars 2, I’ve felt nothing but disappointment since the end of the E3 announcement.

Posted by: Miri Fala.5813

Miri Fala.5813

I pre-ordered the base game the first day it was available. I waited eagerly for the BWE events, and started playing at midnight on the head start day. And though I’ve had some doubts about the amount of content we’ll be getting in HoT, I still had every intention of buying it. When I saw that HoT was available for pre-order, I rushed over to the page, credit card in hand… then blinked and wandered over to reddit and the forums to see if anyone else was disappointed.

As it stands, I’m not sure I’ll be buying the expansion. I don’t buy that the core game is a freebie. As far as I can tell, Anet isn’t selling it on its own anymore, but only bundled with HoT. This means the no-frills HoT version is the new core game, effectively. You want GW2, you buy the base GW2 + HoT package.

This is fine when it comes to new players, and helps keep the playerbase from fracturing. However, I’ve already bought the core game. I resent being forced to buy something I already own in order to see the new content – and then asked for $10 on top of that for a revenant slot!

Disappointing.

Posted by: Psnacky.7936

Psnacky.7936

I was fully expecting $39.99 SRP for HoT as that’s historically been the standard for MMO expansions. I also think it’s great that their lowering the barrier for new players by not forcing them to buy the base and expansion to get into the game.

That being said; the price is a little steep, especially once you factor in an additional $10 for a new character slot for the new class. It feels like ArenaNet is justifying the higher-than-average SRP with the fact that it includes the base game for new players (similar to how Blizzard justified the price of WoD by saying it came with a free level 90 boost). That does nothing for us veteran players.

An extra 2 character slots for those who already own the base game would be a completely fair and reasonable thing for ArenaNet to offer. If I’m not mistaken, this is what you got for adding additional campaigns to your account in GW1.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

If I’m a returning player, which I am. What am I getting for free?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This is next level greedy

Anet was doing good until this crap..

What justification is possible for $50 xpac ?? Theres HARDLY any known content announced outside one new class….Will there be new fracs/dungs? new DEs/World Bosses?

As it stand, this is a huge rip off, and its not even debatable. $30-40 I could see as reasonable (just look at other xpac pricing, like D3).

Give me a reason why this is worth $50 bucks…cause it most definetly is NOT… a lot of the stuff being added is coming to the base game alone (all the big systematic changes).. why bother dropping $50 on a fruitless xpac.. this is a pathetic way to treat the veterans who have been playing this game for years.. I don’t even think blizzard is this greedy.

Until full content information of the xpac is released, there is no justification for putting kitten price tag other than just trying to pull a fast one on overly attached customers that live and breath gw2 through their wallets

What you know every thing in the “xpac” as you put it? What game out there do you not play 50$+ for that is new?

The only lesson ANet should learn from this is the same lesson my grandmother taught me: “Goed doen is gif”, which doesn’t translate very well but basically comes down to “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”. ANet shouldn’t have included the core game, it’s was a nice idea, definitely not something you’d see other MMO developers doing, but in the end of the day “goed doen is gif”.

Nice quote, but i’d like to chime in with this “good intention” motive. I’d say it’s very subjective and open to abuse and misused like so many things in this world (politic, religion, patriotic etc). Imagine out of good intention i’d lock you up in a basement to prevent you from getting into accident in the real world or trying to convert you to another religion because i feel that thats the path to salvation and i’m saving you from eternal kitten ation. All those could be carried out in the name of “good intention”.

So i would say nice quote “Goed doen is gif”, kinda off topic but food for thought ^^
For me personally i’d rather not people shoved their “good intention” down my throat against my will but rather have the option to make my own inform decision base on the data at hand.

This is a great example why we cant have nice things done for us.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Core game for new players.
~2400 gems for vets. (Whatever 3 characters slots is)
I could go for that.

As it stands now though, also a bit strange, the core game is no longer for sale… So we can’t even compare price points.

Why do vets have to pay twice?

The the thing your not paying twice your just getting something free. If the base game was not there would this still be an issue? Just ask your self that.

This is precisely what I’ve been saying. If ArenaNet could have kept the “free core game” clause under wraps, how would the community have reacted to the news? It couldn’t have been kept quiet of course.

I have only one complaint about the packages & pricing. My complaint is that there is no character slot bundled into the standard pack. Feels off to introduce a new profession and not give out a character slot at standard.

I understand the thought process behind those complaining that “veterans should not have to buy the core game again”, but it sounds an awful lot like “I only want to pay £5 for the expansion instead of £35.” – and that’s not really fair. The price of the standard expansion is pretty reasonable (very reasonable if it actually came with a new character slot).

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Wow the entitlement and selfishness on this thread is strong. Think people need a little bit of perspective.

Oh so you spent 60 bucks when it came out and feel cheated because new players get the core game for free? Plz. Your 60 bucks purchased way more for you than what new players will get from the core game. You got content that new players will never experiance. You got the entiery living story 1 that was over a year of regular updates. New players will never see that. In edition to that you got living story 2 for free. Something that new players will have to purchase. If you took advantage of what you paid for was totally up to you, but your 50 bucks paid for way more than what new players are getting for free.

Offering the core game with the expansion make since. If you want to sell as many copies as you can, which Anet does, you don’t want sales restricted or discounted to people that already have the game. One product for all people. Majority of people will pay the 50 bucks for the expansion reguardless. This is anet targeting a broader market.

The price of the expansion is just that for the expansion. Its like people here want new players to be charged more or bring down the price of the expansion just because. That makes no since. You want to be inclusive to a wider market not just current players. I have never seen such an entitled and one sided community. We seem to want it all right now for insanely cheap.

Only this community can rage so hard over something being given away for free.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They are so crazy to not include the base game as a separate serial code and one character slot with the expansion. It literally costs them nothing and it would have kept all the current players happy.

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

I’m pretty sure americans pay an unpublished sales tax.

They need to get their currency conversions proper, especially for the gems as well.

Btw 50 euros is $56.

Though UK prices also include VAT @ 20% which US and Europe do not pay (Europe has it’s own taxes depending on country).

Posted by: Tamora.4603

Tamora.4603

To be honest, that’s nothing new. Was the same story when the main game was launched.

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

There are at least 10 other suggestion threads below…. That’s good though…. the more criticism they see the higher the odds to they do something

Posted by: gregor lightbringer.7143

gregor lightbringer.7143

Considering NCSoft’s financial woes and potential restructuring, this is probably what they told Anet to do in order to boost profits.

Posted by: Arconon.4857

Arconon.4857

In which world does it make sense to treat new customers better than existing ones?!?!?

Sorry but this is just wrong!

There is no new character slot for the new profession?!?!??!
This is just beyond me.
I completely fail to understand this.

Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t care less about the price but I will never support a game company that is seriously lacking some common sense…….

[/hype]

Posted by: FalconsFlight.4825

FalconsFlight.4825

I wont say anything about why current gw2 players are angry, just look in any other thread. I just wanted to say that I will not be buying the expansion until something changes (I do not believe 1 free character slot is enough), so until then ANet you have lost one previously loyal customer, and hopefully that means something to you.

(edited by FalconsFlight.4825)

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Note, just ran the maths on tax difference.

assuming that HoT is sold with the average US sales tax of 5.45%, then we can calculate the base price of the game before taxes
Standard: $47.41
Deluxe: $71.12
Ultimate: $94.82
adding the 5.45% brings them up to their listed totals
if we instead use other tax rates, the prices go up. I don’t know the Value Added Tax rates for all euro countries, but it’s somewhere between 15 and 27%.
I’m going to use the UK value, 20%, to do some calculations
with the 20% tax, we get the following values:
Standard: $56
Deluxe: $85
Ultimate: $113
so if we assume an average 20% VAT rate, the european prices are about right.
the british values are a bit off though, but less than it would appear.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Does it suck for people who recently bought the game that the core version comes as standard for free? Yeah, but if it’s a stand alone disc that means you can create a new account for inventory mules, that’s what I’ll be doing if it’s the case since my 8 chars and fully upgraded personal guild bank is fulled to the brim.

Except that’s not what we’re getting. If I got a third account from the purchase, I’d be fine.

As it sits, I just feel like there needs to be one more desirable feature, such as a character slot (seriously ANet, how do you up the profession count and not make that a basic feature….) and I’d have absolutely no complaints. Or a $10 discounted version that’s just an “upgrade” for existing accounts.

I’m not going to fuss because I know I’m going to buy it anyway, but I will say I feel like they handled this badly. I know the fact this deal kind of sucks is going to be old news sooner than later. It’s just that they could have made this more palatable with very minor changes.

They won’t change it this time but maybe in the future.

If I was ANet PR I’d take the free core version out and tweet “There, are you happy now?”

Yes new players are getting for free what we already payed for, but they’re also starting from scratch.

The problem in here is that ANet is giving away for free the core game, but hey, people have always complained with all the free stuff they got so far so hearing them complain other people are getting free stuff is no surprise.

What everyone needs to realize is the expansion is (hopefully) worth the price they’re asking for, don’t worry if ANet is giving away for free a game that’s 3 years old now.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

The funny thing is that it’s now impossible to buy GW2 without also getting HoT.

You can’t even get the base game as a free standalone. Know why?

Because the base game will still get most of the content advertised as part of HoT.
All you get for buying HoT is a new area, a new class and maybe a boss fight at some point.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

Posted by: Witte.3160

Witte.3160

My heart has turned to stone, like the dwarves of old.

ArenaNet, if you don’t change this anytime soon, you will feel the backlash of the great destroyer summoned by angry customers pretty soon.

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

bye bye, have a safe trip.

Jski.6180

An added copy of the base game that you can do as you see fit with it. Your not paying +10$ for the added free copy your getting it for free the expansion it self IS 50$.

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

ANet are not being greedy or doing anything immoral or shady, and the price they’re proposing to charge should be reasonable by comparison to what other games offer (my estimate is that Heavensward will be about the same size as or smaller than Heart of Thorns).

The problem here is that they don’t have the standing or the track record necessary to be merely reasonable. There are a lot of people who require them to be awesome with this expansion. Maybe those people have a point.

(edited by evilunderling.9265)

Posted by: Jehuty.1938

Jehuty.1938

I’m going to be honest : for 50 buck I expect HoT to have AT LEAST 80% of the amount of content the core game already has.
If the core game was valued 60 bucks 2.5 years ago then we SHOULD get a lot of content in this expansion.

As far as we know, the expansion contains:

- Guild halls (shouldn’t even count that as content to be honest)
- New zones that we absolutly don’t know anything about nor the amount of content they contain
- Specializations
- New WvW map
- New PvP map/mode

What else?
Not sure I listed everything but 50 buck seem to be a really high price for that, can’t really believe Anet when they say the 50 don’t include the core game. I feel like it is a sad excuse but I could be wrong.

Anyway that’s just my opinion. Die hard fans, calm down go buy the expansion for yourself, that’s great. And YES we are spoiled kids, you are TOTALLY right.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Here’s another site explaining EU’s taxes for digital gaming services:

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/europes-new-tax-rules-bad-games/

So, even if the company is from Korea and the Studio from the US, the taxes must be paid in EU, and so you get crazy these price hikes.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This is next level greedy

Anet was doing good until this crap..

What justification is possible for $50 xpac ?? Theres HARDLY any known content announced outside one new class….Will there be new fracs/dungs? new DEs/World Bosses?

As it stand, this is a huge rip off, and its not even debatable. $30-40 I could see as reasonable (just look at other xpac pricing, like D3).

Give me a reason why this is worth $50 bucks…cause it most definetly is NOT… a lot of the stuff being added is coming to the base game alone (all the big systematic changes).. why bother dropping $50 on a fruitless xpac.. this is a pathetic way to treat the veterans who have been playing this game for years.. I don’t even think blizzard is this greedy.

Until full content information of the xpac is released, there is no justification for putting kitten price tag other than just trying to pull a fast one on overly attached customers that live and breath gw2 through their wallets

What you know every thing in the “xpac” as you put it? What game out there do you not play 50$+ for that is new?

this is an EXPANSION, not a new game…. most new games cost $60bucks.. HoT is NOT a NEW game.. its adding 1 class , guild hall with probably a couple new maps (living story 3 basically)at most.

God knows if they are actually adding any NEW content (like new dungs/fracs/bosses/DEs…)

Standard xpac pricing has usually been 30-40 bucks…as it stands, I don’t see enough content to justify kitten price tag YET..maybe it will be justified down the road when they actual be more transparent about what all is going to be in HoT.. but right now, In my eyes, this is a ripoff

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

EU countries usually have higher taxes , amng other things because we usually have real health care and social security systems, and they must be paid.

And so prices are usually a bit higher around here, and you often see the same value in € and US$, the extra cost compensates for extra taxes.

True, but that doesn’t explain why that applies to the special editions but not to the standard one.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They’ve sold multiple million copies, 1 person wont mean anything to them. They lose/gain customers daily for all sorts of reasons. I doubt they will even notice this thread tbh

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

EU countries usually have higher taxes , amng other things because we usually have real health care and social security systems, and they must be paid.

And so prices are usually a bit higher around here, and you often see the same value in € and US$, the extra cost compensates for extra taxes.

Wrong. The digital version is sold by Digital River Ireland Ltd. in Europe. So they are actually evading other EU countries taxation. Ireland is usually the country of choice, for USA companies selling in EU markets, to do fiscal dumping at the expense of other EU countries.

Posted by: Nima.3417

Nima.3417

That’s not fair for old players
why we cant buy only expansion or why u included the core game as a free !!
What a good reason :
[to make it easier for new players to get into it]
like a f…..ing joke

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I don’t want a second account of the base game, but if that’s what I’m paying for (says so right in the description: core game included), then they should give 2 codes (base+expansion).

No matter how people spin this, ANET messed up big time for existing players.

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

So if the core game is just a bonus, then give existing players the option to add the expansion to their existing accounts and create another “bonus” core game account.
These negative responses were to be expected with a system like this. What gaming company does this?! I’ve never experienced this sort of crap in any other games that I play. I used to be a fan of ANet and how they handled their business, especially during GW1. Guess the company has changed for the worse over the years.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Core game for new players.
~2400 gems for vets. (Whatever 3 characters slots is)
I could go for that.

As it stands now though, also a bit strange, the core game is no longer for sale… So we can’t even compare price points.

Why do vets have to pay twice?

The the thing your not paying twice your just getting something free. If the base game was not there would this still be an issue? Just ask your self that.

If the base game was not there I would find it ridiculous that the expansion costs the same as the original game. But I’d probably accept it.
BUT that’s not the case; as it stands:
New players get the expansion and core (assuming heroic edition, as sku doesn’t exist for ‘normal’ edition anymore)) for $50.
A vet player gets expansion and ‘normal edition’ core for $110.
Or sticks with just the ‘normal’ core for $60. (Unless they got a HoT beta which upgraded people to heroic).

Long story short; “Pay once, Play forever”, is more like “Pay more or Play less” (which eerily sounds almost subscribery)

Posted by: Kirk Seeker.6497

Kirk Seeker.6497

To clarify: 80$ Fallout 4 and Battlefront 3. Should I buy GW2 for the second time (in addition to my old Deluxe)?

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

From reddit:

If you think the complaints are nonsense, please consider that:
- Arena Net does not need you defending them.
- You are the consumer, not the developer or publisher.
- This is a matter of economics, not entitlement. Look past the hype and rage.
Exercise your consumer discretion.

Posted by: Channel.9402

Channel.9402

Vet pay 50usd and get
-HoT

New player pay 50usd and get
-HoT
-Base game

Unless they provide the “free” base game as a separate code i would consider it not an even deal for new player vs veteran player.

Even if they provide a separate code for another free copy of the base game i’m not sure i’m digging it cos i normally don’t purchase stuff i don’t need as a policy cos thats just dumb.

It’s not the issue of price as stated in the opening post but more of the perception of fairness in the deal ur getting. Lets be honest it’s all virtual stuff so don’t get into the “but u need to pay 13euro sub for WoW” argument cos if anet feel the need for it then they should use that business model instead and i’d have no problem if everyone is paying 13euro sub to get that gw2 experience.

And as to why anet don’t go sub in the first place, i’d say it’s a bold marketing strategy, they want a bigger share than WoW by giving the customer a better choice compare to it’s competitor. Imagine 15-20mil player potentially while it does not pan out to be that way but it’ll be an interesting market study. I’d blame the lack of branding power compare to blizzard with lots of genre defining title, anet have just started to carved out the mmo landscape and setting quite a high standard as well i might add. But it still have a way to go before able to sit on even sitting with the likes of blizzard.

For me personally, from time to time i periodically splash cash into the gem shop even if i don’t even need to just to show support for the dev. Happens quite a lot when living story is going strong. This happens usually in games i feel the dev deserved it like warframe, LoL, Path of exile etc etc.

Posted by: Noelm.3091

Noelm.3091

I don’t have anything new to say really just wanted to add my voice to the comments.
Calling GW2 a free bonus is nice for new players but shows no regard to your Many veterans. I have multiple accounts, buying those was definitely a mistake. Because I’m never going to buy an overpriced(not way overpriced but still overpriced) expansion for my accounts as I want the expansion on all of them.

Jski.6180

I’m going to be honest : for 50 buck I expect HoT to have AT LEAST 80% of the amount of content the core game already has.
If the core game was valued 60 bucks 2.5 years ago then we SHOULD get a lot of content in this expansion.

- New zones that we absolutly don’t know anything about nor the amount of content they contain
- Specializations
- New WvW map
- New PvP map/mode

What else?
Not sure I listed everything but 50 buck seem to be a really high price for that, can’t really believe Anet when they say the 50 don’t include the core game. I feel like it is a sad excuse but I could be wrong.

Anyway that’s just my opinion. Die hard fans, calm down go buy the expansion for yourself, that’s great. And YES we are spoiled kids, you are TOTALLY right.

Then do not get it but i have a feeling ppl who post over and over saying it is to much are likely to get it becuse it IS worth 50$ to them they are just trying to cut a deal.

We all do calculation of what a $ is worth to use and how we should use it but when we complain about something being too much this means we want it and feel that the cost is worth the amount pay but we are trying to get that price cut to make it better. Its simple haggling.

That and you simply do not know every thing in it yet so… ya hold off on buying it.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I just had an idea, if the included copy is a stand alone disk that can be made into a new account, why not give it to a friend?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

I wanna point out that Arena Net keeps saying they are giving us the core game for

free, when almost the entire community is looking at it as we are buying the game a

second time with very little bonus content. someones logic is flawed here i think its

arena nets. they are devaluing the core game buy saying HoT is worth more….. and i just

wanna add one last thing…. they say this is for new players….. “new players” implies that

they already bought the game, people who do not own the game are not new players

they are future players.

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Note, just ran the maths on tax difference.

assuming that HoT is sold with the average US sales tax of 5.45%, then we can calculate the base price of the game before taxes
Standard: $47.41
Deluxe: $71.12
Ultimate: $94.82
adding the 5.45% brings them up to their listed totals
if we instead use other tax rates, the prices go up. I don’t know the Value Added Tax rates for all euro countries, but it’s somewhere between 15 and 27%.
I’m going to use the UK value, 20%, to do some calculations
with the 20% tax, we get the following values:
Standard: $56
Deluxe: $85
Ultimate: $113
so if we assume an average 20% VAT rate, the european prices are about right.
the british values are a bit off though, but less than it would appear.

I think in general the pricing just being as high as it is considering how much we don’t know and how much we do know, that seems to be more of a problem.

What would be more accurate to what we are actually paying for the product would be to take the original US prices as they typically aren’t published with tax added to them, and put them next to UK prices converted to $ and take off the 20% vat.

That would make them;

UK: $44 for the standard, $75 for the deluxe, $100 for the Ultimate.

I made the same mistake in an earlier post before remembering tax comes into the UK’s high prices in general.

(edited by Pyriel.4370)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

kitten USD expansion is $65 aussie dollars and I don’t get a character slot for a Revenant? I’ve gotta shell out another $14 AUD to get that, so its almost an $80 expansion now. Absurd.

Crazy that they did not just make a Veteran upgrade option that has one character slot too.

$80 frickking dollars.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Wow the entitlement and selfishness on this thread is strong. Think people need a little bit of perspective.

I wouldn’t call it entitlement. It’s expecting exactly what is market.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)

Yet if I buy this, I don’t get the core game. I do already own a copy of it, but if it’s being offered free to new players, it should also be offered to existing players. Or offer something else to existing players in place of that “free gift”.

I can think of three ways this could have been done without causing any issues
1 – Bundle the core game in a different package for $60
2 – Give existing players gems/gemstore items or upgrades
3 – Give existing players the core game as a separate key

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

An added copy of the base game that you can do as you see fit with it. Your not paying +10$ for the added free copy your getting it for free the expansion it self IS 50$.

Nope.
When you buy the HoT you get 1 access code, if you have the core game then the extra one you would get just vanishes, you only get the core game if you don’t have it.

So the right answer is, you get nothing for free if you have the game already.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Agreed. EVERY customer matters. Even if they can’t realize yet, or no longer care to.

A tidal wave starts with a ripple.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Jehuty.1938

Jehuty.1938

- Specializations
- New WvW map
- New PvP map/mode

What else?

Then do not get it but i have a feeling ppl who post over and over saying it is to much are likely to get it becuse it IS worth 50$ to them they are just trying to cut a deal.

We all do calculation of what a $ is worth to use and how we should use it but when we complain about something being too much this means we want it and feel that the cost is worth the amount pay but we are trying to get that price cut to make it better. Its simple haggling.

That and you simply do not know every thing in it yet so… ya hold off on buying it.

You’re right about 2 things:

- I was planning on pre-purchasing HoT before this “offer”
- I am not going to pre-purchase it for this price unless we have more informations about the expansions.

That’s all, I’m not trying to cut a deal. Just because you’re excited for something as much as I was for HoT doesn’t mean you have to pay whatever price it is. I don’t get money from my parents, I earn it. And I spend it responsibly.

Never said it isn’t worth the 50 bucks, I just said with the current informations we have, it is SURELY not!

Got my point? ^^