HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: xDjust.3129

xDjust.3129

I don’t care about the items in the deluxe or ultimate edition of the game. But now I’m forced to pay 45 euro for the core game (which I already have) and an upgrade for heart of thorns. Can i play revenant? No, I can’t. I need to pay another 10 euro or delete one of my characters. I play since day one, I bought outfits, armor, minis etc with gems. (real money). I even bought that stupid broom which I used two times. And now Anet is telling me I need to pay 55 euro (expansion upgrade and character slot) to play as a revenant? I hope this is a big joke, or else I won’t play guild wars anymore. I know they are telling us the core game is free for New players, but it don’t feel this way. I know the have five character slots just like us, the veteran players, but they can play the revenant, which is part of the expansion, from the beginning, without paying 10 euro extra for a character slot.
I read about that veteran players don’t get the code for the core game. Which we should get if we are paying for it, then we can give to a friend.
So Anet, you’ll need to change your promotion. (and I hope you do) I don’t mind paying 45 euro for an expansion upgrade with character slot.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So i am going to link this its fun to play with but when you use it ask your self how much is it to make a game or expatiation now becuse this is just inflation only. I like to bring up the ideal of if needed goods and services go up in price then non-needed goods and services should go up too. Its nice to live in a dream world where prices never changes but they do and entertainment tends to changes much faster then needed items. I would not be shocked at one point we will see games nearing the 100$ ranges as they are now (system games).

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

It still wouldn’t be worth $50

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

If I recall, I remember Anet mentioning that ALL it’s content would ACTUALLY be free for GW2 a couple years back. I’m not sure why people even have to pay for this content to begin with.

While very true and I live for the point this brings up, I think it also brings up another for Anet; why is the company incapable of keeping and following it’s own, apparently unyielding policies, as the track record has shown? Is there something preventing them from communicating with NCSoft, in much the same way they don’t communicate with their consumers?

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

And for those that are saying they just recently bought the game and feel shafted now… If you already knew an expansion was coming out, surely you knew you were going to be paying for it? The game is still months away, and the fact that they mention ahead of time that it’s including the base game is beneficial to players coming in from here on out. Sucks that your timing was bad, but that is not Anet’s fault. You are just in the same boat as ever veteran that adopted the game long ago, and were also ready to pay for an expansion.

Before you start white knighting inform yourself.
The people who bought it recently are being shafted because ever since HoT was announced Arenanet advertised that they had to have the original to play the game and you had to buy it. They bought the game recently because Arenanet said they had to if they wanted to play HoT, and now all of a sudden after a lot of sales they change that. These people got shafted by Arenanet hard. It is beneficial for players from here on out, yet they already shafted all the players that have bought it since the original HoT announcement. It is Arenanets faults and thye are not in the same boat as the vets because they got the game under the pretence they had to to play HoT LIKE ARENANET HAD ADVERTISED. So next time if you come and white knight make sure you know what you are talking about.

Posted by: DarkReign.4503

DarkReign.4503

I don’t care about the items in the deluxe or ultimate edition of the game. But now I’m forced to pay 45 euro for the core game (which I already have) and an upgrade for heart of thorns. Can i play revenant? No, I can’t. I need to pay another 10 euro or delete one of my characters. I play since day one, I bought outfits, armor, minis etc with gems. (real money). I even bought that stupid broom which I used two times. And now Anet is telling me I need to pay 55 euro (expansion upgrade and character slot) to play as a revenant? I hope this is a big joke, or else I won’t play guild wars anymore. I know they are telling us the core game is free for New players, but it don’t feel this way. I know the have five character slots just like us, the veteran players, but they can play the revenant, which is part of the expansion, from the beginning, without paying 10 euro extra for a character slot.
I read about that veteran players don’t get the code for the core game. Which we should get if we are paying for it, then we can give to a friend.
So Anet, you’ll need to change your promotion. (and I hope you do) I don’t mind paying 45 euro for an expansion upgrade with character slot.

I don’t even have the character slot issue but it is what they needed to do it makes it worth 50 if that’s what they are solid on. To not include it and make 75 look like the right choice for Vets it makes no sense. I don’t want fancy gems and such just for being a player since launch like some want. I am just looking at the value and making a character slot is what they should have done to make it work and there would be way less complaints, they can fix it easily in-game delivering it to people though they just aren’t giving answers.

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Let’s see 2 cases below:
CASE 1:
I go to burger shop to buy a burger.
The price of a burger at 15:00-19:00 is $20.
I still want French Fries and coke ($20) which are only available after 19:00.
At 19:01, waitress says we’re offering big discount now, buying French fries and coke get free burger!

CASE 2:
The price of a burger at 15:00-19:00 is still $20.
French Fries and coke ($20) only available after 19:00.
At 19:01, the waitress says: we’re offering discount now, burger costs $10 only. So if you want a burger, French fries and coke, the total price is $30. (No more burger, thanks!)
Anyway, Thanks for waiting for French fries and coke, we’ll offer discount and coupon to customers who bought burger before 19:00.

Which case you think is more reasonable?

TL;DR
we dont need allegories, we have precedent.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/False+Advertising

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

So i am going to link this its fun to play with but when you use it ask your self how much is it to make a game or expatiation now becuse this is just inflation only. I like to bring up the ideal of if needed goods and services go up in price then non-needed goods and services should go up too. Its nice to live in a dream world where prices never changes but they do and entertainment tends to changes much faster then needed items. I would not be shocked at one point we will see games nearing the 100$ ranges as they are now (system games).

One more reason to stop condoning bad commercial practice.

Posted by: Nemizar.6152

Nemizar.6152

every expansion in GW1 that had new proffession had one or two character slots added and still their price tag was better.Every expansion had new setting and huge world to dive in.
So why should i pay 50 dollars -50 euros for expansion that has new proffession which i cant play becouse i dont have free char. slot,that almost certainly has less then half maps of GW 2 vanilla?Only one elite specialization per proffession?Bunch of features that should be added for free(and they were until now)?
Did you look at forum poll dear developers about how much are players willing to pay for expansion?I think 40 dollars was max. I am disappointed how Anet is managing this

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I think most of the rage could’ve be been prevented when they included an additional character slot in the standard edition for veterans/people who own the original game.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

I remember when they announced the pre-order for Eye of the North, and gave anyone who bought it free copies of the first 3 games…

Oops. That never happened.

Do you know what else never happened? The forums were never full of dozens of threads that were continually merged into one giant thread, the essence of which was the majority of a veteran community begging to be given just one character slot. Just one.

It’s galling, and it is pathetic. It is pathetic to see a community reduced to grovelling to a company they funded for half of the slots that they happily gave us with GW1’s expansion.

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

OP you crazy. Anybody whose been following Heavensward knows SE has been sharing just about everything about the expansion that does not involve story spoilers.
They are adding
New race
3 New jobs
Flying mounts for aerial expansion area
plethora of new dungeons
New raids
A bulk of new story
level cap increase (new skills and traits for all classes)
New primal encounter
etc etc
And the price tag on Heavensward isnt even as high as HoT but players know what they’re getting and certainly not throwing a fit about the $40 price tag.

Folks havent seen much of HoT compared to HW. So its completely logical that everybody isnt just throwing their money at the screen.

And how much sub fee you spent on FF14? Also those doesn’t sound like more than hot at all.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Changeling Dash.4782

Changeling Dash.4782

What, just tell me what exactly preventing Anet from somehow rewarding existing community by something ingame?
Like if:
- New players get GW2 + HotT
- Old players get HotT + 1000 gems + character slot

Both groups are happy. Everyone celebrating.
But instead, they just ignored old community. I can understand opinion “It costs 50$, i agree”, even if i don’t think so, but i can’t approve ignoring old players at all.

This kitten is totaly kittened up and that kittens me.

Posted by: Reia.5270

Reia.5270

Veteran players feel unappreciated, players that just bought recently have to pay twice for a base game. Somehow I can’t help but to think that it’s a publicity stunt to gain attention, and they probably already have a plan to “fix or compensate” later. It’s just impossible that Anet didn’t see these bad responses coming.

(edited by Reia.5270)

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Really don’t need to play your game because you seem to be missing the point that most (not all) are making. It is not the $50 price tag, it is the lack of character slot for vets to play a Revenant, it is the void value of the core game, it is that we are essentially paying twice, and the fact that we are paying for content we have already played.

My beef is with the dishonesty regarding the FAQ’s more then anything, but the other points that other players are concerned about are also just as valid. What exactly are we getting ? the more I think about it it really doesn’t seem like all that much in comparison to other MMO xpacs, or even GW1 xpacs for that matter.

Then trying to throw in a hidden $10 value fee to buy a character slot so you can play part of the content your already paying for ? That is pretty slimy no matter how you try and cut it.

smitske.4912

Arenanet takes their loyal player for granted and only invest in getting new players.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

One more reason to stop condoning bad commercial practice.

So no more incense of standers of living? You do realize you get what you pay for at all levels right? As far as i can tell the price is spot on compared to GW1 expansion. It would be more of a bad commercial practice for ppl to ask to pay less then inflation calls for let alone added cost of production. I mean there workers got to eat too and are part of the economy as much as the buyers of there goods. Should we make producers suffer a lost as the buyers gain a short turn boon?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: lorryt.7285

lorryt.7285

actually, i do not care about the price itself, but you could, for example, give someone who owns GW2 already, and pre-purchases, like a single character slot… that would be, for me, recompensation for the bundling of the core game … buy it anew, get it as it is, if you already have the old game, throw in one character slot.

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

And for those that are saying they just recently bought the game and feel shafted now… If you already knew an expansion was coming out, surely you knew you were going to be paying for it? The game is still months away, and the fact that they mention ahead of time that it’s including the base game is beneficial to players coming in from here on out. Sucks that your timing was bad, but that is not Anet’s fault. You are just in the same boat as ever veteran that adopted the game long ago, and were also ready to pay for an expansion.

Before you start white knighting inform yourself.
The people who bought it recently are being shafted because ever since HoT was announced Arenanet advertised that they had to have the original to play the game and you had to buy it. They bought the game recently because Arenanet said they had to if they wanted to play HoT, and now all of a sudden after a lot of sales they change that. These people got shafted by Arenanet hard. It is beneficial for players from here on out, yet they already shafted all the players that have bought it since the original HoT announcement. It is Arenanets faults and thye are not in the same boat as the vets because they got the game under the pretence they had to to play HoT LIKE ARENANET HAD ADVERTISED. So next time if you come and white knight make sure you know what you are talking about.

To be fair, I mentioned in a reply to someone else above that I was, in fact, unaware of the FAQ issue and Anet saying you need to get the base game ahead of time. I changed my stance on that portion of the issue. So that was not needed.

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Listen at the end of the day this is what will drive me.

Guild Wars 2 Preorder regular box edition – $60
Guild Wars 2 Expansion HoT- 50

What is included in HoT vs What was included in base game at launch – $10

Compared with GW1 expansions. e.g Factions.

The following features were released with Guild Wars Factions:

New Continent: Cantha – featuring an Asia themed world.
4 New Regions
Shing Jea Island
Kaineng City
The Echovald Forest
The Jade Sea
New towns and areas
For a list of Factions locations see: Locations (Factions)
4 new mission types:
Challenge Missions
Elite Missions
Competitive Missions
Alliance Battles
13 new missions which have a three-tier ranking system rather than the two-tier (normal/bonus) system in the Prophecies Campaign.
220 quests
For a list of Factions quests see: Quests (Factions)
New tutorial area Shing Jea Monastery
Two new Factions that play into both PvE and PvP elements of the game:
The Luxon
The Kurzick
2 new professions:
Assassin
Ritualist
New henchmen with the new professions
More character slots
Four slots total for a stand-alone Factions Campaign account.
Six slots total if a Factions account is combined with a Prophecies account
More purchasable character slots
300 new Skills, incl. 90 new Elite Skills:
75 skills for each new profession
25 skills for each core profession
New equipment:
84 armor types, 10 (7 Factions-exclusive, 3 shared with Prophecies) for each of the core professions and 12 for each of the Factions professions
New weapons and items
New green items
New creatures:
100+ new monsters
New NPCs
New pets for Rangers
Tigers, Crabs, Cranes, a Black Moa Bird, and Phoenixes.
New PvP and GvG features:
4 New Guild Halls
Guild Hall Services
Guild Alliances (max 10 guilds per alliance)
New rating system
New guild emblems

And most importantly. More dungeons. If it doesnt exist. I stop playing. Im tired of running the same kitten different day. Same bugs same, no communication. Heck to be honest even if they gave me new dungeons I would still be supporting their kitten poor way of dealing with the dungeon/ challenging content community.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: funkyazn.9062

funkyazn.9062

What, just tell me what exactly preventing Anet from somehow rewarding existing community by something ingame?
Like if:

But instead, they just ignored old community. I can understand opinion “It costs 50$, i agree”, even if i don’t think so, but i can’t approve ignoring old players at all.

Hell, I would be content if we just get a release date. Doing things like awarding with gems or character slot or wtv the hell vets or new players want is probably too hard for Anet to think about. Ever since this whole debacle started, the community have been posting all kinds of solutions which some sounds a bit too much and some actually solves the problem IMO. But for some reason, the power that be at Anet cannot figure out a solution is beyond me. Are they too far up their own hype train to even comprehend of the damage they collect by not saying anything of substance? Poor Gaile must be tossing back and forth to keep things calm.

Guess we’ll see how this plays out in a couple of days. They can’t ignore this for too long.

Posted by: PuddingNL.7603

PuddingNL.7603

Played this game since the first public beta.. fully support Arenanet since Guild Wars 1 en bought every expansion since.. (CE if possible).

But now they do this.. Why do I have to buy the core game again? I want to play HoT and the Revenant.

Ok, you get more than only access to HoT. You get the new Revenant class (which I can’t play since I have no slots left), a new area to cover, gliders and more.

But I get the feeling Arenanet supports new players more than veterans that play since the beginning of GW1..

Please Arenanet, make a HoT version only with a character slot and maybe something else like the glider skin for players who already have GW1.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

“So, new players are more important to you than the fan base that’s been funding you with gem store purchases for the last few years? Nice to know. Don’t get me wrong, im glad you’re throwing them a bone. Nothing irks me quite like buying something only for that something to be discontinued and re added with a bazillion perks/additions for the same cost (In this case, an expansion). But uhm, your current fan base, and the ones who’ve stuck around.. They should matter too.”
Found this comment in the wall-o-texts there. This guy deserves medal of honor.

So you and that poster are suggesting we outlaw promotions now? And if we do excatly who will benefit? all you’re saying here is if I dont get nice things, no one should get nice things!

Suggesting that Anet isnt fair with the price. The price may be fair for newcomers, but what about vets? What about ppl who bought the game 3 weeks ago for example? 50$ for an expansion AND the core game we already have, and not even some gems in that absurd price.

Its a promotion, the core game is free. So even if you’re a new comer you’re paying $50 for the expansion alone. If the price isnt fair for you, its not fair for them either. It cannot be both at once. The mistake you’re doing here is you’re seeing this as a bundle when its not. This is no different then someone who bought the core game for $10 during a sale and then later bought the expansion for $50. You’re arguing that for such a person the price of the expansion is right while for us who paid full at launch its overpriced. I am sure you can see how it would be incorrect to evaluate the value of the expansion based on how much you paid for the core game. Its the same thing with the only difference being instead of 75% discount Anet are now giving 100% discount as an insentive to sell the expansion.

As for those who bought the games 3 weeks ago, they should contact support and have it changed to a pre-purchase. But seriously people this is starting to look more like a lets use the save the “children” excuse politicians like to us to get more stuff for us.

papry.8096

Hey, remember the reddit post with the help for recent buyer of GW2.
Guess what ?
Here; their answer to people asking for help.

http://i.imgur.com/T0lpOQO.jpg

Attachments:

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Yes u can go without it and not bother to purchase it, but if the balance is Whacko, and u just get slaughtered in pvp and Just do no DPS in comparison to the Elite Speccs the games Entertainment will fade for you. but u wont know those terms til its released.

If I found problems of balance due not having the expansion I can either to accept playing in disadvantage (no big deal anyway because some classes already have relevant handicaps in some areas of the game) or just stop playing (which also isn’t a big deal due I currently do play other games along GW2).

Really, there’s not big drama here: ArenaNet did they choice with the price of HoT, and now is our call about if the expansion about the value of the content. I’m WvW/PvP centric; I’m not interested in the PvE parts, I didn’t like Stronghold and have not much interest in the specilaizations or the new WvW map. What appeals me the most is the new class, but I have no intention to delete one of my TEN characters to free a slot for the Revenant, and I find the lack of that extra slot for free laughlable (Diablo III RoS gave me 2 free new character slots because the game assumed that I’m interested into play a Crusader without deleting previous characters).

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hey all,

We understand that there are many opinions and suggestions about the game versions and the pre-purchase program. We will continue to read your thoughts and thank you for sharing them.

u need to treat your loyal fans well!!!!

Jun Yang speaks the truth of it; whereas we welcome initiatives to make it easier for new players to join the community, please also pay at least a little attention to the veteran player base who have been with you since Guild Wars 1, all the years of developing GW2, betas, headstart and now playing for 3 years.

Here – I fixed the whole issue with Photoshop for you, make this change and everyone will calm down. Oh, a little apology of an oversight goes a long way in addition.

Attachments:

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hey, remember the reddit post with the reimboursement.
Guess what ?
Here their answer to people asking for help.

“Abandon ship! There’s no-one at the wheel!!”

They can’t even give the same answer across departments now? This is gold. Pure gold. Pay for guild wars, stay for the forums..

funkyazn.9062

/gets more fuel for the fire

smitske.4912

Like if:

Hell, I would be content if we just get a release date. Doing things like awarding with gems or character slot or wtv the hell vets or new players want is probably too hard for Anet to think about. Ever since this whole debacle started, the community have been posting all kinds of solutions which some sounds a bit too much and some actually solves the problem IMO. But for some reason, the power that be at Anet cannot figure out a solution is beyond me. Are they too far up their own hype train to even comprehend of the damage they collect by not saying anything of substance? Poor Gaile must be tossing back and forth to keep things calm.

Guess we’ll see how this plays out in a couple of days. They can’t ignore this for too long. *

They are trying too.
In all fairness they should have known because from the release onward people have been saying give a character slot with it. Its just typical Anet they ‘listen’ to what the community says (they added the slot on a more expensive pack) but ignore most of it and just remember 2/3 words, then interpret it the way they want and completely miss the point the community was making (another example the big trait changes they did in the past, they took part of what the communtiy said and then did it completely wrong in their own interpretation).

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You guys should compare WoW expansion reveal to HoT, or even ff14 heavensward. Most of MMORPG are vague about their expansion too, there are no weekly live stream about the content neither weekly detailed blog post. Just check wow MoP reveal page, all they did are listed features and a very short portion of the reveal video and that’s pretty much it. How much more do you guys want? Anet won’t tell you every detail neither but that’s the same with every game expansion ever. People are having ridiculous expectations and it bothers me.

Except WoW announces their expansion almost a year before it’s released, they usually included a lot of new content, a lot of which they point out with the announcement. A lot of players get into the alpha/beta phases which are not even under NDA and you even get to see player streams of gameplay months before the expansion is released.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Guess what ?

They can’t even give the same answer across departments now? This is gold. Pure gold. Pay for guild wars, stay for the forums..

Pay attention it’s an answer from a GM going out in parallel to the entire kittenstorm that occurred, and in that time Anet surely were collecting all the feedback and trying to make sense of it all.
Yes, they’re issueing refunds. But this guy also asks for a way to retain progression, and if you get the refund of the core game, I doubt you get to keep your account – or do you?

Anyway – things are being taken out of context – too much for the community’s own good too.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

WoW always had long closed betas and A LOT of footage from participants, including streams and utube videos. General exploration, questing, dungeons etc. So you could get a pretty good picture about what you’re paying for. With HoT it’s all words. What challenging content? World bosses? Dungeons? Raids? How many new zones? No facts, just words and Anet have a terrible record over past 3 years with those. Probably everyone remembers “big changes coming to WvW”. If anything, the fact that they seem to be so secretive about numbers and facts probably telling us that most of our current concerns most likely, unfortunately, are true. So, no thank you to the pre-purchase, i suggest we wait and see.

funkyazn.9062

Like if:

Guess we’ll see how this plays out in a couple of days. *They can’t ignore this for too long. *

They are trying too.
In all fairness they should have known because from the release onward people have been saying give a character slot with it. Its just typical Anet they ‘listen’ to what the community says (they added the slot on a more expensive pack) but ignore most of it and just remember 2/3 words, then interpret it the way they want and completely miss the point the community was making (another example the big trait changes they did in the past, they took part of what the communtiy said and then did it completely wrong in their own interpretation).

Yes, they are very innovative like that lol.

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Like if:

Guess we’ll see how this plays out in a couple of days. *They can’t ignore this for too long. *

They are trying too.

aNet already has the broader community exactly here they want them. This is pure sharking here. Instead of scratching their heads and wond’ring aloud about why we don’t get 2 slots with standard like we did with EoTN, the community seems to be almost unanimously begging for just one slot. Anything’s better than nothing right?

Right where they want us.

It’s almost certain that any compromise on their behalf will be to the approximate value of one measly slot. Mission complete for the anet marketers. Sell us less for more and make us forever breathe a sigh of relief that they met us half way.

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

My 2 cents: Why not make the core game to give a base of 6 character slots after expansion goes live?

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You know those movies where all the best parts are in the trailer? That’s what people are suspecting in this case. Particularly since Anet is usually not shy about (over) hyping the amount of content they put out. What they decide to show compared to other companies is just a function of their style of promotion.

In the end, buy it if you think it’s worth $50, and wait for the inevitable sale if you don’t. There’s no need to get angry about the asking price. (The “bait-and-swith” thing is a different issue altogether.)

I have only seen the same thing over and over again for hot. Same setting, same figths. Would be time to give some more info perhaps

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

Like if:

They are trying too.

aNet already has the broader community exactly here they want them. This is pure sharking here. Instead of scratching their heads and wond’ring aloud about why we don’t get 2 slots with standard like we did with EoTN, the community seems to be almost unanimously begging for just one slot. Anything’s better than nothing right?

It’s almost certain that any compromise on their behalf will be to the approximate value of one measly slot. Mission complete for the anet marketers. Sell us less for more and make us forever breathe a sigh of relief that they met us half way.

Your theory (tin-foil hats on) sounds good but its a double edge sword don’t you think? I don’t think kittening off your customers then giving the bare minimum to placate them works every time…

Posted by: Ensio.8172

Ensio.8172

If you own the core game already, get a character slot (or gems equal to the cost of one)
If you are a newbie, get the core game instead

Boom, everyone’s happy?

I think someone simply kittened up royally somewhere along the line, a company with just a single product can’t possibly afford to be this foolish with it.

Then again, gamers in general are truly all bark without any bite, companies tend to screw them over and over and they just end up taking it.

funkyazn.9062

And hey! if they continue with this model, I am calling it now, as soon as close beta events comes out, they will start charging $1 per hour you play during the event. As absurd as that sounds……still calling it. Come on Anet, dont let me down now!

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Like if:

They are trying too.

Your theory (tin-foil hats on) sounds good but its a double edge sword don’t you think? I don’t think kittening off your customers then giving the bare minimum to placate them works every time…

They didn’t learn the first time around. (Gemgate)

For some people it takes more than a couple spins of the wheel to realise that the customer is not as stupid or gullible as they think.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hey all,

We understand that there are many opinions and suggestions about the game versions and the pre-purchase program. We will continue to read your thoughts and thank you for sharing them.

u need to treat your loyal fans well!!!!

Jun Yang speaks the truth of it; whereas we welcome initiatives to make it easier for new players to join the community, please also pay at least a little attention to the veteran player base who have been with you since Guild Wars 1, all the years of developing GW2, betas, headstart and now playing for 3 years.

Here – I fixed the whole issue with Photoshop for you, make this change and everyone will calm down. Oh, a little apology of an oversight goes a long way in addition.

This simple change would however make the €75 package – which already has horrible value – even worse. You’d need to balance everything up.

A simple and much more fair way, if we go by the value of 1 character slot, would be to say that if you own GW2 you get 800 gems, period. I would prefer 1600 (more the value of GW2), but lets say 1 character slot value. Which means that all packages get 800 gems.

So basic package get 800 gems for 1 slot (if you so choose). Deluxe package get 1 slot and 800 gems. Ultimate gets 1 slot, 4000 gems and 800 gems extra.

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

Exactly. It’s not a question of cost so much as a question of what exactly are we buying. Again, it’s such a simple fix: just show us the updated map.

We’ll pretty much know what we’re getting then, I think.

Is that all its gonna take? A map?

What do you suppose the reaction will be if the map is indeed unveiled to use the entire grid of uncharted land on the map, the rest of Maguma, Cantha, and Elona?

Do you think the debate would rest, and the community unanimously agree that it was surely worth a 50 sheet?

What if they threw 2 new character slots?

This is a community that decided it was appropriate to get up in arms about an april fools day joke that had our characters making airplane noises, and this was somehow bad because a single plane somewhere on the planet just happened to crash ‘recently’.

There is no pleasing people, and no matter what you give them, they will find something to complain about. Me? I complain about people complaining.

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Guess what ?

Pay attention it’s an answer from a GM going out in parallel to the entire kittenstorm that occurred, and in that time Anet surely were collecting all the feedback and trying to make sense of it all.
Yes, they’re issueing refunds. But this guy also asks for a way to retain progression, and if you get the refund of the core game, I doubt you get to keep your account – or do you?

Anyway – things are being taken out of context – too much for the community’s own good too.

I don’t think it’s necessarily bad for the target market of the more expensive bundles to be asking for, at minimum, the ability to play all of the content they are paying full price for, before any real information about the game has been released, for the same as a new player. For me, the price of the Revenant will be at minimum $60 because I do not have a free slot (all max characters and alts I should not be forced to part with). New players will only have to pay $50 for the same content. I’m being punished for having played the game longer.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I had historically decided to buy HoT as soon as it was available.

When the pre-purchase rolled around I was super excited and immediately went to the appropriate web page. Then when I got there I hesitated….
In essence as a veteran player I came away feeling that non of the pre-purchase deals suited me and as a result I went away with a collective ‘hmmmph’ and still haven’t pre-purchased it.

I guess I just find it amusing that I went from a 100% yes I’ll pre-purchase to feeling indifferent and thinking I’ll probably buy it ‘when I get around to it’.

Is Anet aware of these kind of responses from people? I’m just struggling with how I’ve almost done a 180 on this.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Exactly. It’s not a question of cost so much as a question of what exactly are we buying. Again, it’s such a simple fix: just show us the updated map.

We’ll pretty much know what we’re getting then, I think.

What do you suppose the reaction will be if the map is indeed unveiled to use the entire grid of uncharted land on the map, the rest of Maguma, Cantha, and Elona?

What I am affraid for that it’s just that little small part of the map right next to rata sum. What Anet can do to take away that is show what part of the world we are getting.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Do you think the debate would rest, and the community unanimously agree that it was surely worth a 50 sheet?

What if they threw 2 new character slots?

This is a community that decided it was appropriate to get up in arms about an april fools day joke that had our characters making airplane noises, and this was somehow bad because a single plane somewhere on the planet just happened to crash ‘recently’.

There is no pleasing people, and no matter what you give them, they will find something to complain about. Me? I complain about people complaining.

I think something is better than nothing. Whether it would quiet them or not is moot. The point is they have no idea what they’re getting, overall, in PvE content. Asking to know what that content is, and how much of it there is, isn’t asking for the moon.

Saying people are whiners and complainers isn’t exactly helpful to the community nor this thread. And pointing out you complain about the complainer is telling in itself.

In fact, it’s downright ironic.

Gone to Reddit.

papry.8096

Is Anet aware of these kind of responses from people? I’m just struggling with how I’ve almost done a 180 on this.

You are far from being the only one.

funkyazn.9062

I had historically decided to buy HoT as soon as it was available.

When the pre-purchase rolled around I was super excited and immediately went to the appropriate web page. Then when I got there I hesitated….
In essence as a veteran player I came away feeling that non of the pre-purchase deals suited me and as a result I went away with a collective ‘hmmmph’ and still haven’t pre-purchased it.

I guess I just find it amusing that I went from a 100% yes I’ll pre-purchase to feeling indifferent and thinking I’ll probably buy it ‘when I get around to it’.

You know, for a little bit, I assumed that any major issues such as these is relayed to the a certain tier of management that handles these kinds of fire. But with the recent posting (i think a page back from this) about the issue with upgrading to HoT, I’m not sure anymore if any of the departments within Anet actually talk to each other lol

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

As a veteran, I can honestly say that years ago when we were standing on the steps of the Great Temple of Balthazar having large and active discussions on how micro transactions would ruin anet, and ultimately see Guild Wars sold to us piecemeal…

Let’s just say I don’t think I’m alone (I didn’t hear voices) when I say I never really thought it’d go this far..I didn’t foresee the aNet we have now..

funkyazn.9062

As a veteran, I can honestly say that years ago when we were standing on the steps of the Great Temple of Balthazar having large and active discussions on how micro transactions would ruin anet, and ultimately see Guild Wars sold to us piecemeal…

Let’s just say I don’t think I’m alone (I didn’t hear voices) when I say I never really thought it’d go this far..I didn’t foresee the aNet we have now..

Thats because they were replaced by employees from EA!