HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Posted by: funkyazn.9062

funkyazn.9062

sighs all this for a game for the love of the gods above you all are taking this way too far

Well it had to go somewhere, the initial anger has somehow slowed down. Its starting to get interesting now lol

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Allow all players who currently own the game and buy a copy of HoT to receive a free 800 gems as a thank you for their dedication to the game. This offer does not apply to people who get the game with HoT.

800 gems = 1 character slot = $10 = copy of GW2 during latest sales.

Posted by: Wolfeng.3784

Wolfeng.3784

sighs all this for a game for the love of the gods above you all are taking this way too far

It doesn’t matter what it’s for. It’s a company offering a “deal” that (with no notice) does not apply to all customers, and lying about perquisites in order to sell more copies.

but legal action its a bit extreme for a bloody game your lifes are in no way affected by their shady tactics

It’s not a bloody game. It’s a product that we are paying (or not) for.

Posted by: DieselFueled.3257

DieselFueled.3257

Basic package cost: $30
Includes character slot
Includes 800 gems to existing players
Includes base GW2 content for new accounts

You guys see how ridiculous this is right? I’m joking about this thread but that’s what many, most, dare I say – all, of the complainers have asked for.

I get it. GW2 hooked us all by being fun and very inexpensive to play for nearly 3 years. Now you’re being forced to pay if you want the new content and money is tough to come by in this economy.

That being said, NC SOFT and Anet have families to feed to and the way they do that is through the sales of their products. $50 may seem like a lot to you but spread that over 3 years and it’s less than $20 per year. Compared to the only mmo more popular than GW2 you are saving $160 per year by having no monthly fees.

Whatever you’re saving they are losing in income compared to that other competing mmo.

You may not feel like the content currently announced for HoT is worth $50. You may feel like $50 should get you an expansion character slot. Or you may feel that if new players get the base game included you should be compensated. All of these are actually valid arguments but that’s not the point.

The point is its the first time since GW2 launched that Anet has asked you to buy content to support continued development of this wonderful game that most of us love, some of us enjoy, and others only play because it’s the best option or only option for them.

For $50 you are buying what will hopefully be a content and feature ridden expansion pack that will support Colin and the other Anet employees in their mission to provide us the most enjoyable mmo experience ever.

If you are not interested or cannot afford to support that cause, I understand and sympathize. Eventually more information will be released on HoT which may appease the “it’s not worth it” crowd and in the future I’m sure there will be a sale for the “it’s too expensive” crowd.

We are a strong community with tremendous support and a very high level of standards. Let’s do what we can as the best mmo community in the world to support our digital world.

Diesel

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

It doesn’t matter what it’s for. It’s a company offering a “deal” that (with no notice) does not apply to all customers, and lying about perquisites in order to sell more copies.

but legal action its a bit extreme for a bloody game your lifes are in no way affected by their shady tactics

its a video game either you buy or dont simple. as. that all this forum nonsense is uncalled for and your physical lifes are not affected by it in any shape or form if it is then thats a you problem no reason to drag the rest of us along with you on your pity fest for your own mistake

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

While I’m unhappy about the marketing surrounding HoT, I think peeps saying a lack of response from ANet for 3 days equates to ANet doesn’t care is, I think, a bit unrealistic.

Given Anet’s continuing inability to address issues from two years ago, are you really that surprised?

Yep. As I said, it took them 7 years to give us what they said would take 1-2. I’d say, check back in about, oh, a month, 3 perhaps.. A year? It certainly pays not to count with aNets clock…

When did they ever say it would be 1-2 years?

And GW2 didn’t take 7 years, it was 5. They announced it in spring 2007, which was the same time they began work on it. It was released just over 5 years later. And 5 years is a pretty normal time for MMO developement.

As unhappy as I am with the current situation, I’m not going to start spouting off totally inaccurate information to bash them. Use facts for that.

Ok you got me. I was mostly right. You were right about the announcement date, however, GW1 was released in 2005. We waited 7 years for GW2. There was, as I remember plenty of talk about a sequel before the official announcement.
My point still stands that you can’t expect miracles 3 years after release when it took 7 years from GW1 release to release GW2, on almost the exact same engine..

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

(edited by Hammersmash Ureface.2650)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Why does everyone all of a sudden think they have the “solution” to the pricing? Isn’t this kind of arrogant?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Why does everyone all of a sudden think they have the “solution” to the pricing? Isn’t this kind of arrogant?

Asked and answered. Oh and +1.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: DieselFueled.3257

DieselFueled.3257

I completely agree which is why mine is a sarcastic suggestion.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

They are taking (or at least asking for) money for this product. That makes it matter.

Imagine you’re shopping for a new mobile phone. You get a nice discount on an upgrade/contract re-sign for under $100. The saleperson tells you that you will also need to buy a $25 SIM card for the device, as they don’t include one. It’s still a good price, so you take it. The phone is ordered to be shipped to your home, but you leave the store with the SIM card for it. When the phone arrives, you find that it already has a SIM card ready to be activated.

You contact the phone provider and are informed that you cannot get a refund on your extra SIM card, but also have no ability to use it. They do offer to refund the full purchase of the phone/card bundle, but tell you that you need to buy a new phone a full retail value to make use of the service contract you just signed.

You’d likely be angry, and be willing to take some action against the company if they did not offer a more reasonable solution…right?

It’s no different with a game. It’s still our money, and they are still being dishonest in a shady/illegal attempt to get more of it.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I don’t see it as a legal issue, as much as an ethical one.

I have always held Arenanet in a higher regard then most other game companies as I believed they had a brilliant business model and held themselves, and their game, to higher standards then many other online game companies.

86 pages of outrage here on the official forums, multitudes of online articles reporting on the backlash that began after the pre-purchase packages were announced… the old saying, “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” comes to mind.

In an earlier post someone from Arenanet is quoted saying that there will never be a version of the expansion available that does not include the original game, which is truly disappointing to me, and smacks of a hardball “all or nothing” stance towards existing players and their frustration at the lack of an upgrade only option.

Again, only time will tell….

(edited by XYLUM.7286)

Wolfeng.3784

its a video game either you buy or dont simple. as. that all this forum nonsense is uncalled for and your physical lifes are not affected by it in any shape or form if it is then thats a you problem no reason to drag the rest of us along with you on your pity fest for your own mistake

So just because a product doesn’t affect my personal life it holds no value against the law? The company that represents that product can just do whatever it wants?

Are you saying that as long companies don’t affect your life directly they are free to get away with anything illegal they want?

DUDE, if you feel like that’s the way to live, go ahead. But don’t try to stop people from defending their rights as consumers.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Even still. What like 8 million core copies already purchased?
if they truly planned for 2 million HoT copies… That’s only a 25 customer retention rate. Even less since they’re targeting new customers as well…
A company doesn’t even need good customer service to hit 25
retention… Oh, wait…

Once again, Daewoo Securities has the answer for you: http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/193934.pdf?attachmentId=193934

GW2 has so far sold 4.6 million copies worldwide. The number they gave NCSoft earlier this year (2 million in sales for HoT) was based on previous sales of GW1 expansions in comparison to GW1 core game sales; basically, in GW1, about 50% of core game accounts bought each of the expansions at the time of release. So Daewoo Securities just said, " Well, based on GW1 sales figures, we expect that your 4 million GW2 core accounts should translate to 2 million in sales for the expansion by the end of the year."

So yeah, 50%.

Wow. Thanks again for the info! I wish there was more transparency with information like this.

Based on this theory, a reverse Moore’s law of sorts, and assuming a paid release per dragon and that more dragons aren’t added beyond 6:
GW2 CORE 4 million accounts
HoT 2 million
xpac2 – 1 million
Xpac3 – 500,000
Xpac4 – 250,000
Xpac5 – 125,000
@$50/ea Total $393.75 million spent by players over the course of roughly 12-13 years. +gems +"non-release purchases"

Man… 125,000 people spread across… Idk, like 64ish maps… ~2000 per… Thank god for that mega server system!

I’d be pleased as peaches if this game made it 13 years!!! And I’d love to be a part of the driving force that which is a highly dedicated player base. I just wish Anet would recognize and appreciate that without us, they won’t make it to yr 13.

I’ve given it some thought, if I get a hand written “thank you for playing” note mailed (irl) to me. I will buy ultimate twice, immediately upon receipt, as well as send back a “thank you for giving me something to play” note.

I really do appreciate and love this game, even with its many issues, but I can’t stand that “they” (whoever made the bundle decision) didn’t realize that this, like any business, is a two way street. I feel like “they’re” trying to take advantage of me, and have gotten away with it with others.

It’s kind of like when you tell someone they can borrow your car whenever they need it; and they just grab the keys one day without even asking.

Honestly, if they posted a “Hey guys, what do you think of we have away core to newbies with HoT?” thread prior to just springing on us, I think there would’ve been a primarily positive and supportive response. A few tweaks made to compensate pre-pre-release newcomers (within 30 days) with some gems or fancy ring or somethin.

But they missed that chance… So…

I think the current best solutions are (highest value to lowest):
1. provide everything a core account would get to existing players’ accounts (bank slot, 5 character slots, 250 collectables add-on) or gem equivalent
2. separate out the core key
3. 3 character slots or gem equivalent
4. 1 character slot or gem equivalent
5. Hand written thank you letters from staff (or new players?!!) To existing players.

What course of action do I expect arenanet to take (unfortunately)?
1. Silence, unexpected present to pre orders on release day/last beta. Perhaps specific to existing customers
2. Silence, an actually useful/good birthday present.
3. Silence, no additional measures taken; on release price drop to $40 , deluxe $65, no ultimate package.
4. Silence, hope it just goes away.

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

So just because a product doesn’t affect my personal life it holds no value against the law? The company that represents that product can just do whatever it wants?

Are you saying that as long companies don’t affect your life directly they are free to get away with anything illegal they want?

DUDE, if you feel like that’s the way to live, go ahead. But don’t try to stop people from defending their rights as consumers.

i’m simply saying if it doesn’t affect you then don’t bother i’m not heck i’m still buying the kitten thing regardless of them and their shady tactics cause i want it and that’s all that matters

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Oh man am I getting rambly… You’re making me feel all the feels arenanet! Stahp!

mrstealth.6701

While I’m unhappy about the marketing surrounding HoT, I think peeps saying a lack of response from ANet for 3 days equates to ANet doesn’t care is, I think, a bit unrealistic.

Given Anet’s continuing inability to address issues from two years ago, are you really that surprised?

Yep. As I said, it took them 7 years to give us what they said would take 1-2. I’d say, check back in about, oh, a month, 3 perhaps.. A year? It certainly pays not to count with aNets clock…

And GW2 didn’t take 7 years, it was 5. They announced it in spring 2007, which was the same time they began work on it. It was released just over 5 years later. And 5 years is a pretty normal time for MMO developement.

As unhappy as I am with the current situation, I’m not going to start spouting off totally inaccurate information to bash them. Use facts for that.

Ok you got me. I was mostly right. You were right about the announcement date, however, GW1 was released in 2005. We waited 7 years for GW2. There was, as I remember plenty of talk about a sequel before the official announcement.
My point still stand that you can’t expect miracles 3 years after release when it took 7 years from GW1 release to release GW2, on almost the exact same engine..

I think it’s obvious that GW2 is a pretty thorough overhaul of that old engine. There are a lot of things possible in it, that were not in GW1’s engine. Looking at other game engines, there is a lot of iteration of the same bases as they shift from v1 to v2, etc.

I think a good example would be Oblivion and Morrowind from the Elder Scrolls series. The games have quite different engines, even though both are the Gamebryo engine. They are just different iterations/versions of the same engine, with very different technical capabilities.

Back to Guild Wars 2.

HoT is still GW2, and isn’t bringing a new engine. There are, as Anet has pointed out already, some technical advancements made in the expansion’s content. But it is still running on the same game client. These are the same types of new tech that we’ve already seen added to to the core game since release. I’m sure anyone that played wvw back in 2012 remembers culling.

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

My point still stand that you can’t expect miracles 3 years after release when it took 7 years from GW1 release to release GW2, on almost the exact same engine..

I think it’s obvious that GW2 is a pretty thorough overhaul of that old engine. There are a lot of things possible in it, that were not in GW1’s engine. Looking at other game engines, there is a lot of iteration of the same bases as they shift from v1 to v2, etc.

I think a good example would be Oblivion and Morrowind from the Elder Scrolls series. The games have quite different engines, even though both are the Gamebryo engine. They are just different iterations/versions of the same engine, with very different technical capabilities.

Back to Guild Wars 2.

HoT is still GW2, and isn’t bringing a new engine. There are, as Anet has pointed out already, some technical advancements made in the expansion’s content. But it is still running on the same game client. These are the same types of new tech that we’ve already seen added to to the core game since release. I’m sure anyone that played wvw back in 2012 remembers culling.

And doesn’t it suck the very most, that it’s all going to go largely to waste or be received sourly by many of us who stuck by them for this ten years If they can’t just start talking to us and find resolution in a manner befitting.. Businesslike, where all parties, us and them, come away feeling slightly stung, but mostly not.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a4ktf/dont_prepurchase_heart_of_thorns/

Breezed right past 3,000 upvotes almost 12 hours ago… is this seriously going to finish as the most upvoted GW2 subreddit of all time?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a4ktf/dont_prepurchase_heart_of_thorns/

Breezed right past 3,000 upvotes almost 12 hours ago… is this seriously going to finish as the most upvoted GW2 subreddit of all time?

It was already the most upvoted in the sub at about this time yesterday. It’s going to take something pretty astounding for it to get topped in a hurry. They made boo-boo big time. Fumble of the year.

mrstealth.6701

And doesn’t it suck the very most, that it’s all going to go largely to waste or be received sourly by many of us who stuck by them for this ten years If they can’t just start talking to us and find resolution in a manner befitting.. Businesslike, where all parties, us and them, come away feeling slightly stung, but mostly not.

Yeah, this situation is flat out crap. What they’ve done is inexcusable.

I’ve supported Anet for a decade, and this is the first time I’ve actually decided that “No, you can’t have my money for what you’ve done, and you’re not ever getting any more of it unless you fix it.”

I haven’t agreed with every decision they’ve made. I’ve been extremely outspoken against some of them, and unhappy that they stuck to some of those. But overall, I’ve been satisfied. The things I’ve taken issue with, are aspects of the game I can simply avoid with little to no impact on my gameplay or enjoyment of the game.

But what has happened this week, I cannot get over and live with. They need to make up for their mistakes and deception before I consider them deserving of my support, and my money.

Otokomae.9356

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Guys the base game cost $10 not much to be mad about… a character slot cost $10 they could make it even… I don’t know it’s true but the expansion looks so good. I wont pre purchase until more information comes out for HoT and that’s the only reason. I do agree Anet could make it fair for veteran players but it’s up to their business team not us.

$10? Hah, you’re kidding, right? I paid $50(5 times), and sure it was on sale for $10 for a time, but it’s current value is $30. That aside arguing that it’s okay because ‘$50 is the price of the expansion alone, and the core game is just a bonus’ rather than ‘the core game and heart of thorns are a bundle, and we want to pay for only the expansion and not the core sonce we al ready have it’ is irelivent semantics, the simple fact of the mater is that senior/vetran players are paying twice as much for the same amount of content and not getting anything extra for it.

Now I don’t think $50 is too much for an expansion and I’m more than willing to pay it. And I don’t believe vets should have special incentives or are entitled to anything, but that doesn’t mean they should treat new players to special benifets and forsake us, not to mention screw us over by making us pay twice as much.

I would be more than willing to pay $50 for the expansion… but not after this…

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

The part I have a problem with is, we know next to nothing about the expansion.
ArenaNet has already proven untrustworthy by forcing people to re-purchase the base game in addition to HoT…. and we hardly know what we’re buying with HoT anyway. From what people have said… 3 new maps? A few fancy bells and whistles? That’s no expansion.
If I am asked to pay $50 for an expansion, I expect to receive the equivalent of Factions, Nightfall, or Eye of the North in terms of content. Not 3 maps.

Wolfeng.3784

Its not even about “veterans” deserving some thing nice.
They are treating one group players better than the other. Its as simple as that.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I’m guessing they are hoping to get enough pre-order money to finish the content that they have already described. I’d bet there isn’t much content that hasn’t been shown that is ready for even an alpha test. But, hey, if you enjoy helping a developer find their bugs, by all means pre-order and help them out by playing the betas. That way, when the rest of us buy HoT on sale after the poor post-release reviews there will be fewer annoying bugs for us to deal with.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: KaizerGr.4815

KaizerGr.4815

Dear Anet
Please do not run silent, this issue is not like megaservers, ascended gear, mass events, dungeon bugs, WvW trolls etc
You need to come out and clean it either by explaining or apologizing.

As a company you always advertise how great GW2 community is (true), well all these people here complaining are part of this community. All these people spend time, real money/gems, debates on forum etc to make GW2 a shinny place for everyone.
They deserve a better treatment….not another mess.

Just for the record.
I do not mind your price tag, for me 50$ is fine. But your methods to sell HoT are not.
I would like more info for HoT content to decide if I will buy it full price or not.
Selling Core Game + HoT is a nice deal for new players.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Wow this thread is huge in such a short time. Did the Trait thread get this huge?

Posted by: MonoSodiumGlutamate.4217

MonoSodiumGlutamate.4217

Sweet Mother of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce this is becoming a mountain of merged Fourms

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

until anet publicly apologizes for their shady practices I have ceased buying gems and will not log in. I have found other things to do it with my money and time until/ if they ever want me back

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Regardless of whether this is a game or not, people have sunk time and money into it. It doesn’t matter how much, but people are feeling disrespected and deceived. Just because you may not value your money in that way, doesn’t mean you can judge other people’s reactions.
They have a right to be displeased in a product that they have paid money for and intend to pay more money for. If this was a F2P game, then who cares. But this is a B2P, with real money involved. You wouldn’t want to be ripped off in a real store with your own money, this is no different.
Even though this is a game, it is also a business. It is the consumers that keep a business afloat.
Yes, some people have been a little extreme and overreacted. But overall, I have found most people have expressed a reasonable displeasure in a mature and well constructed way.

The main issues here are either:
1) People think they are paying $50 and are having to pay to get the base game again, which they have already bought. This is an expansion, not a new game or a sequel. Or;
2) People do not believe that an expansion, which is offering limited content (guild halls, one new area, one new class are the only main features) is worth $50.

People are not expecting it to be free or expecting it to be given to them or anything like that. We aren’t after freebies or anything like that. We just want value for our money and a reasonable price, or at the very least, some explanation and acknowledgement. I mean, they have released a price and pre-purchase before they have even announced a release date.
It is also not just about it being a fair price for what it involves and it is also outrage at the lack of communication, the sly act of changing the FAQs and that they seem to be ignoring their loyal community. It’s poor management overall.

Please, Anet, offer this game as an upgrade for those who have already purchased the base game. If this is what you are planning to do already, then say so. Say anything. It’s about time you did.

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

Dear Anet,

So far i haven’t seen much more but a new character in that extension, compared to any regular update. A character we might not even like to play with? flying , at some places? guild halls, that is so been bragged about for a long time that it feels it been around allready? Still no wanted guild vs guild wars?

I just don’t see anything worth a new game price. I dont see anything i would want over a brand new game..

Beside thanks for giving us a new game price tag for a such simple extension, rewarding new players and not giving poo about veterans… shows a lot

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

Posted by: Elward.2176

Elward.2176

Take a look around
Mmmh… Still no reaction my dears ?

Tick, Tock… Goes the Clock…

(edited by Elward.2176)

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

For me 50$ is simply too much for the amount of content I perceive to be coming(judging from Anets released info), especially not including a character slot is a punch in the face.

As an example of the amount of content I expect for a 50$ expasion- BF4 premium was 50$, it came with all future Bf4 content releases of which there is four, each of which have a ton of content.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

Well Anet… Thing is, we gonna get our moneys worth so dont be surprised if those Bundle deal buyers get to pay 10 silver for their Silk and Mithril. They figure after grinding for their first Ascended for 2 months this game just isnt worth it… and leave.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Why are you defending a company that just scammed a lot of its customers? Isn’t this forum the only place where such grievances should be vented? People paid real money for this, and so it does affect their lives. Anet should be held accountable. I’d be furious if there wasn’t this huge kittenstorm about it.

In other news, it seems that Anet has finally decided to respond to… oh… no wait…. they are doing something else…

Attachments:

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

some thoughts on this……

Attachments:

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Hype train crashed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lord Crevax.7412

Lord Crevax.7412

Guys, simple as that, you don’t like the pricing model / content as it is now ? so don’t pre-purchase, just action the money lever, since this is all about money…

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-19-guild-wars-2-community-reacts-angrily-to-heart-of-thorns-expansion-pricing

http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-players-rightly-upset-by-heart-of-thorns-pre-purchase-scheme/

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/18/why-guild-wars-2s-prepurchase-deal-has-the-internet-raging/

http://kotaku.com/players-are-kittened-over-guild-wars-2-expansion-pricing-1712551999

Made the news in some places, and as the articles are saying it’s not all about the money, rather the issues with the base game/expansion being packaged together, and lack of definitive content. Even PC gamer have covered this so Arenanet needs to say something!

(edited by John.8507)

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

so.. lets make it easier for the new players

Attachments:

Otokomae.9356

I should be a bit more clear: Please don’t take a comment like “we’re reading your thoughts” lightly. That’s truly not a dismissive comment, but one that is intended to let you know that feedback from our forum members and players will be shared with the team as a whole.

In fact, I’ll edit my previous post to make that a bit more visible.

Yay! I think just knowing that we’ve been considered, whether it results in anything or not, helps put our minds at ease about the whole ordeal.

Also when you say that you’re “reading our thoughts” are you SURE you weren’t suggesting telepathy?

Oh gad! You’re right. That really should simply be “reading and sharing your input.” I hesitate to go back and edit that post, especially since it was quoted a time or two. But I hope you’ll forgive the poor wording by looking at the good intentions it symbolizes.

Wow… since this post was made a couple of days ago, there have been 22 more Dev posts on the forums. None of them were in this thread. I don’t think any of them were even in this subforum lol.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

If you feel like this, you can take a break….

Or otherwise, if new comers is in this condition, move on, don’t rez…

Attachments:

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

Oh well. I been throwing money at Steam non-stop for days now anyway. After the Steam sale will see if they’ve changed the pricing or not. Worst case I go without GW2 (as a completionist I won’t play a game if I don’t have all the content, and at the current scheme I won’t get HoT); but I got enough games on my backlog now to settle for.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

until anet publicly apologizes for their shady practices I have ceased buying gems and will not log in. I have found other things to do it with my money and time until/ if they ever want me back

In my opinion, nothing A-net has done to this point is “shady.” There are a lot of missconceptions flying around for sure, but very few of them are something A-net is at fault for. It’s sad to see another good player such as yourself exodus as a result of over-inflated drama. I hope you find what you are looking for. :\

NSPride <3

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Why are you defending a company that just scammed a lot of its customers? Isn’t this forum the only place where such grievances should be vented? People paid real money for this, and so it does affect their lives. Anet should be held accountable. I’d be furious if there wasn’t this huge kittenstorm about it.

In other news, it seems that Anet has finally decided to respond to… oh… no wait…. they are doing something else…

How has A-net scammed anyone? They were not allowed to sell a price lower than $50; they decided it was best to give new players a break who have not had the 3+ years we had to progress; and no one is being forced to buy HoT right now. Feel free to purchase it later after they release more information.

This isn’t scamming, this is just an over-inflation result of some poor communication choices and unfortunate standards.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Haiki.9178

Haiki.9178

At this point I decided not to buy HoT.

The main problem is Arena gives free bonus to new players and nothing to their current player base. So, I see loyalty is not important these days.
There are two solutions – give current players option with free bonuses equal value to core game. I heard core game cost was lowered to 10$. Ok, 800 gems could be an option. But much more better solution is a discount. I think that 10$ as a discount would please anyone. Who wants empty slot could buy it for that price, who doesn’t need slot could buy gems or not buy anything and get the HoT for 40$.

Second problem, that cost itself is high enough. One class, couple of maps and new guild system is not equal to full game in my eyes. It’s expansion as it is and never should cost as a whole game.
Funny thing, that giving discount to those who have the core game will partially solve this problem too, because in this case price is more or less closer to what expected from expansion.

(edited by Haiki.9178)

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

How has A-net scammed anyone? They were not allowed to sell a price lower than $50; they decided it was best to give new players a break who have not had the 3+ years we had to progress; and no one is being forced to buy HoT right now. Feel free to purchase it later after they release more information.

This isn’t scamming, this is just an over-inflation result of some poor communication choices and unfortunate standards.

Have you taken a look at the before and after FAQ on HoT? And the fact that the people that already own the game and have owned the game cannot purchase just the expansion, they don’t even give you the option. It’s similar to going to buy tires for your car and they will only sell you a car and throw some tires in for free. We don’t want to pay the price of a brand new car just to get a new set of tires, we just want to buy the tires. I don’t think people believe it is a scam, but it is definitely the opposite of the vision that Arena-net has portrayed in the past and if this is the new vision, I think a lot of players would like to know that up front so that they may find another game that is worth their time and money. It’s apparently never occurred to the person(s) in charge of this pricing & marketing scheme, that if you simply give people what they are asking for they will be content. We just don’t want to pay the new car price for a set of tires & we want the option to buy just the tires, I don’t see what is so difficult about that, and it isn’t asking for anything different than what 100% of other companies provide, Anet seems to be the only ones who don’t get it.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I am waiting for fanboys to comment when expansion goes out , when they start to rage “where is my 50$ content you promised”

I read somewhere that expansion will go out on 31.12.2015 so this waiting is gonna be looong one.