HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

If anyone thinks it’s just about money and that that is something that drives people’s passion and creativity then they are sorely mistaken.

Try be creative and pasionate when ur hungry.

You can see the passion and creative power of hungry people in finding ways of not being hungry. Also the persistence is amazing.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The expansion for FFXIV is $40 not 50$ and its 60$ if you wanna buy the entire game. Why do we not have that option if we already have the game?
Really why?
I must add that FFXIV expansion has more features unlike ours and we know that because we saw with out own eyes what it had.

Yes! Yes! You’re right. I admit it! You have won the argument.

You have marely paid $100 for all the content in FFXIV and you played for years. Those $15 that you pay each and every month, they don’t count for anything. I bet you any amount of money that FFXIV uses that JUST to keep all the servers open. They’re actually not a business at all, but a charity, who provides you all of this great content completely free of charge. /s

If you’re comparing a subscription game to a game without a sub, and you’re going to say the only price you’re paying for content is the price of the box, you’re either deluding yourself, or you’re not paying attention.

FFXIV launched with the game is such an abyssmal state, they had to pretty much say sorry and make a NEW game. And yeah, the new game is better. But they took your money for the old crappy game, which you played for how long, before they finally released the new version, for which they charge the $60 box price and 15 dollars a month, for a traditional MMO that breaks very few boundaries, that I tried and didn’t like anyway. Because you know, killing those five cactus and going back to cash in my quest is very 90s.

Yes, if you love the Final Fantasy series, you might be able to stomach that kind of antiquity, but a lot of people tried and and couldn’t stomach it. I wouldn’t play it if it were free to play.

But it’s not. It’s the base game, and the expansion and $15 each and every month. If they have a million subscribers, they take in roughly twice what Guild Wars 2 takes in in cash every single month.

Sounds to me like it’s not cheaper at all.

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Wait is the game with subscription I thought that it was like GW 2 where you pay for the game and that is all. The devs gain money trough ingame shops that are usually cosmetics or small boons.
Is there any other MMO like GW 2?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can buy the expansion. It’s $50. The core game is a free bonus for new accounts to help new players to the game.

Help new players eh? Exactly how does lvl 80 targeted content help new players?

You’re right there’s so much lack of content in the base game for a new player that he MUST have both.

This is only Anet helping themselves, hell even a blind could see that.

It’s helping new players get into the game without there being a huge paywall for them. Read the blog post that clarifies this.

Oh really? A paywall and concern about new players. Well in case you’ve been living in a cave you’d notice that even the oldest players get to pay the same amount. This is a paywall for everyone not just new players.

Put it this way:

The expansion + “free game” costs 45e as a bundle.

If they offer the base game at 25e and the expansion for 20e separately that’s still 45e to new customers and without screwing your loyal fans. But this is all negated since they want to force 45e price upon everyone for more filthy profit.

Also in case you forgot. There may still be a few retail copies of the core only game on sale, I only feel sorry for the innocent souls falling into this trap. They would be forced to pay an additional 45e for the expansion since they bought it from a retailer. Now THAT is a massive paywall.

The truth lies here, they want to sell the expansion for 45e and no amount of word play will hide that. This is the best for their profits not the new players or old ones for the matter.

And what you don’t realized is that they priced the expansion at $50. Selling it for less causes them to lose money. The paywall was new players having to pay $50 for the expansion and the ~$25 for the core game. They had incentives to provide the core game for free to new players as this would increase the likelihood of new players purchasing GW2 and possibly buying items from the gem store in the future.

Help new players this, help new players that. It’s all a nice coverage to help them sell the expansion at a high price.

It’s a 2 sided problem. The first being the high price and the second is the 2 in 1 bundle new players are getting over the old ones.

Do you truly believe this is an act of generosity on Anet’s behalf, please don’t be so simple. Maybe you forgot they’re a business and maximizing profit is their aim.

I once thought Anet was different, probably it was true until a few years ago. Now its a different company, gone are the days they treat the game with love over profit.

Don’t be so cynical. It was going to be $50 regardless.

I would pay that much without question only if it didnt come with the core game included.

It would only be fair since all old players had to buy the core game before it.

It only comes with the core game if you’re creating a new account. Notice how everyone else who pre-purchased did not get the core game?

Posted by: Haiki.9178

Haiki.9178

The paywall was new players having to pay $50 for the expansion and the ~$25 for the core game.

Core game was on sale for 10$ only. Is this paywall you are talking about? Really?

Posted by: Acroyer.6438

Acroyer.6438

I am fairly new to GW2 and recently bought the game for full price ($40) from the official site. Now I feel like I’ve wasted my money. I should have just waited to get the base game with the expansion for another $10. I feel like I will be left behind if I don’t get HoT. I reached lvl 80 with one character (RNG) in the base game so far and it was fun if a bit repetitive feeling.

I don’t think I am going to continue to play the game anymore because of the expansion price. They should have made the expansion a lot less expensive for those who already purchased the game. Especially someone like me who had just paid full price a few months ago.

Oh well I guess I had some fun while it lasted. I’m just really disappointed because one of the reasons I got GW2 in the first place is because I thought I wouldn’t have to pay more money to play the game aside from shop items. For all of you who get the expansion and the new players who get the base + HoT for $50, enjoy the new game content but my adventure has come to an end……Thanks ArenaNet…/sigh

(edited by Acroyer.6438)

Ayrilana.1396

The paywall was new players having to pay $50 for the expansion and the ~$25 for the core game.

Core game was on sale for 10$ only. Is this paywall you are talking about? Really?

That was for a single weekend. What was the base price outside of those few werkend sales?

Posted by: Haiki.9178

Haiki.9178

That was for a single weekend. What was the base price outside of those few werkend sales?

Well, I’m not so aware of price changes, just read it costs 10 before going to free bonus. Arena could make those 10-15$ as constant final offer. Don’t see problems here. They lowered price to zero anyway.

Ayrilana.1396

Well, I’m not so aware of price changes, just read it costs 10 before going to free bonus. Arena could make those 10-15$ as constant final offer. Don’t see problems here. They lowered price to zero anyway.

For new accounts only if they purchase the expansion which goes for $50. It was only $10 for a single werkend back in March I think. The other promotions have been 50% which is where I think a lot of retailers settled on although i have see some places still charging $40.

Posted by: Acroyer.6438

Acroyer.6438

just found out from an article that Anet will give you the money you paid for the base game back if you purchased it from their site after January 23 of this year. You can get it deducted from the new expansion price ($50) or get a full refund. I submitted a ticket and will see how they respond.

from the article:

“For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact.”

“If you purchased the core Guild Wars 2 game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015, and you no longer want to play Guild Wars 2, we will refund your core game purchase price and close your account provided you make the request by July 31, 2015. Please contact our Customer Support team to make this request."

(edited by Acroyer.6438)

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

OP should be honest in his original post about WHERE he purchased his copy of GW2.

Anet cannot refund you a game you purchased at AMAZON. Your support ticket should be with Amazon; Anet are already offering refunds to those player who purchased the game through them, according to their pre-purchase community address.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015. If you take advantage of this refund and pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, all of your current account progress will be kept intact. We’ll provide further details on when refunds will be processed in the next couple weeks as we set up this process.

I bought the game directly from amazon, yes. I don’t want a refund I want the option of paying the difference in cost. If Area Net is incapable of servicing customers who buy their game from licensed seller then they are viewed even more poorly in my eyes.

Again this is a fun game but their new pricing model is clearly a cash grab and an exploitation of those who have invested significant time and money into the game.

The cash shop should provide the money needed for content like similar games.

People who bought the game on release got the most out of it, it’s clearly on its way out now as ANET has decided they don’t have the money sustain their previous plan.

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I don’t know much about Heart of Thorns, or how much content it will deliver… or when it will deliver any of it.

I do know that they are pushing for people to pay 49.95 for something yet won’t tell us how much we’ll get for that money or when we can expect to get it.

I know that from what has been shown and discussed it doesn’t look like it is going to be worth 49.95 in terms of content, and seems more like a pay wall they are going to lock all future content updates behind

I also know that Fallout 4 is shipping on November 10th of this year, has a price of 60.00 and will be a massive cutting edge game.

Unless Heart of Thorns turns out to be tremendous update, consisting of a AAA title worth of content I will most certainly be spending the extra 10 bucks on the sure thing, and waiting for the 9.95 sale on Heart of Thorns.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t know much about Heart of Thorns, or how much content it will deliver… or when it will deliver any of it.

I do know that they are pushing for people to pay 49.95 for something yet won’t tell us how much we’ll get for that money or when we can expect to get it.

I know that from what has been shown and discussed it doesn’t look like it is going to be worth 49.95 in terms of content, and seems more like a pay wall they are going to lock all future content updates behind

I also know that Fallout 4 is shipping on November 10th of this year, has a price of 60.00 and will be a massive cutting edge game.

Unless Heart of Thorns turns out to be tremendous update, consisting of a AAA title worth of content I will most certainly be spending the extra 10 bucks on the sure thing, and waiting for the 9.95 sale on Heart of Thorns.

How much of Fallout 4 do you know compared to HoT? And did you preorder it? I remember seeing someone else comment about having no issue preordering Fallout 4, which has relatively minimal information released compared to HoT, but refused to pre-purchase HoT due to lack of information. A little shocking after how small New Vegas was.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Elementfury.4632

Elementfury.4632

How much of Fallout 4 do you know compared to HoT? And did you preorder it? I remember seeing someone else comment about having no issue preordering Fallout 4, which has relatively minimal information released compared to HoT, but refused to pre-purchase HoT due to lack of information. A little shocking after how small New Vegas was.

5$ on a pre-order for fallout 4 which will reduce the overall game in the end, to a 50$ for a game many people already bought doesn’t seem right. I don’t think the majority will spend 100$ on a game and its expac when they already show they do not listen to us.(they say they do but actions speak louder than words)

Ayrilana.1396

5$ on a pre-order for fallout 4 which will reduce the overall game in the end, to a 50$ for a game many people already bought doesn’t seem right. I don’t think the majority will spend 100$ on a game and its expac when they already show they do not listen to us.(they say they do but actions speak louder than words)

People already bought HoT and are purchasing it again? Huh?

Posted by: Elementfury.4632

Elementfury.4632

People have bought GW2. I as many had bought it when it came out. Now we have no choice but to buy the 50$ expansion. I’m guessing but its pretty simple to understand that it would cost less if it were just and expansion. Like many people have said its a great deal for those new players. And a nice slap in the face for the vets. The majority of people would not complain so bad with a 30$ expansion. Its the norm for expansions. 50$ is not and they haven’t in my own opinion shown enough content and have not been “hearing us” as they try to say.

Ayrilana.1396

People have bought GW2. I as many had bought it when it came out. Now we have no choice but to buy the 50$ expansion. I’m guessing but its pretty simple to understand that it would cost less if it were just and expansion. Like many people have said its a great deal for those new players. And a nice slap in the face for the vets. The majority of people would not complain so bad with a 30$ expansion. Its the norm for expansions. 50$ is not and they haven’t in my own opinion shown enough content and have not been “hearing us” as they try to say.

Like I said in this thread or another; how many people had issues when new players bought the game for $10 when it was on sale one weekend? If people had no issues with new players getting the game for $50 discount from what they paid for, what’s another $10?

Posted by: Kharlus.3612

Kharlus.3612

Being a long time player, i bought two accounts of GW2 since the very release of the game.

Now why do us have to pay the whole game again + expansion, if we already got the base game? This is totally unfair!

Veteran’s additinal slot is not a solution, because I don’t want nor need another character slot. I just want to but the expansion.

So, is going to be a fair option for us to buy it with a proper cost?

I mean, if standard pack is $ 49,99 (gw2 core + HoT), how much will cost the expansion alone?

Thx!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

$50 is the price. I’d advise waiting for a sale sometime after launch.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The devs have said that the $50 price tag IS the price of HoT. Just HoT alone.

They’re just throwing in the base game in as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to come in, rather than requiring them to buy the base game and the expansion separate.

Now, whether you agree with that or not is up to you, and I’m sure a lot of people don’t. But considering that is Anet’s official stance on the matter, the chance of them changing it is pretty slim.

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

Because this hasn’t been answered five thousand times over the last week-odd.

Forum search is your buddy. That said…

All right. Fifty bucks is the expansion price. The base game was included as a freebie so as to help attract new players. The expansion would’ve run fifty bucks, with or without the addition of the base GW2. There is no ‘just the expansion’ price. There was never going to be a ‘just the expansion’ price lower than fifty bucks.

If you don’t like it, close your wallet. Trust me, you would not be the first one. This place still smells like a salt mine after the unholy stink folks around here raised.

Kharlus.3612

I’m aware that people who bought GW2 during the first quarter will be refunded… and what about the veteran’s – the playerbase who is supporting the game since the very beginning?

Only a character slot isn’t enough…

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

You’re a bit late to this party my friend.

Anet has made it very clear they expect at least $50 from everyone playing HoT at launch. The slot is the most concessions they’re offering.

Only other choice is to wait. Either until HoT goes on sale (and it WILL go on sale sooner or later, especially if it’s not meeting their sales goals) or if you’re REALLY patient, buy expansion #2 which will include HoT for free.

Kharlus.3612

Hi guys,

Anet should give two options then.. easy to solve it: a package to new players with the freebie GW2 core, and another focused to long time players – the ones who have been supporting the game through gem store for instance.

Why someone who never spent a dime on it has more advantages the veterans ones?

I also know that many threads have been posted about it, but possibly, the more complains about, the more Anet will gather feedback about it.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Its enough for me. I gave them money they gave me a fun game. I gave them more money they gave me gems to buy pretty things.

Been here since headstart, i dont feel owed in any way nor would i expect to

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I’m aware that people who bought GW2 during the first quarter will be refunded… and what about the veteran’s – the playerbase who is supporting the game since the very beginning?

The people who supported the game from the beginning got to take part in everything. They got to do the Mad King’s Clocktower with every other player’s body getting in the way, they got precursors from the Ancient Karka, they got to delve into the Molten Facility to try to get jet packs, they met the new set of heroes that are going to be carrying us into Heart of Thorns as they were introduced, they got to experience Tequatl back when it didn’t matter if he summoned bone walls because everyone stood inside them anyway, they got to experience the tension and camaraderie of fighting Scarlet’s Marionette in Lornar’s Pass, they participated in the epic Battle of Lion’s Arch, and they got every episode of the Living Story Season Two for free on top of all that just for logging in.

You’ve supported the game from the very beginning, and you’ve been amply rewarded for it with what I assume has been close to three years of enjoyable gameplay, seeing as you’re still here. That is what you get as a veteran player. That is your advantage. If all of that is meaningless to you, if that’s something that you’re going to brush off because you’re upset that a new player might get a deal now, then perhaps this expansion isn’t for you. Your interests might be better served elsewhere.

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

The core game is free, not part of the price. So $50.

Guess what’s going to happen if there is an expansion after HoT? You’ll get core game + HoT for free along with the new expansion.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There is not going to be a HoT only option. Anyway, you’re paying $50 for HoT not the base game.

Posted by: neonis.3974

neonis.3974

Guess the 3 years you been playing was torture? Isn’t playing GW2 itself a reward that no new player can ever experience? Was the base cost of GW2 back 3 years ago too high for you… that you think you are entitled to some added reward for being a vet.

The reasoning behind the refund for newer players who were under the impression that they needed the core game to play HoT. Also how about the players who just happen to buy game and 2 weeks later it’s offered for free with HoT,

Think of those players who had to pay double the price for the same game who felt ripped off and cheated. I know Anet didn’t mean it to come out that way, and it seems like some miscommunication between NCsoft and Anet. But they are repairing that with the good will of refunds for recent buyers of the core game. Those new players who don’t have years of benefits of playing GW2. Those vets who have 1000s of gold, and other hoard items.

Posted by: Midnight.7526

Midnight.7526

I fail to see a problem here, since those who bought the game at launch have had approx. 3 years of gameplay (with no monthly charge). I have enjoyed my time playing the game and don’t have a problem with Anet doing this.

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

They’ve also stated from here on out, that ALL buyable expansions will include the previous base game + HoT for free with the newest version of the game.

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So, is going to be a fair option for us to buy it with a proper cost?

$50 is the price. I’d advise waiting for a sale sometime after launch.

There are no costs for ANet with regard to linking the core game to HoT. Thus, allowing access to the core game, which has been priced as low as $10 a couple of times in the last few months, is roughly comparable to offering vets a free slot (800 gems, $10 value).

You’re thinking that the core game has value that you’re having to pay for. Think of it as a version of F2P which is tied to kitten HoT purchase, and thus without the endless free accounts for abusers.

The more important issue is whether HoT is worth $50 to you. If not, then take Guhracie’s suggestion and wait for a sale.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Vayne.8563

The refund is because people who bought it recently might have gotten information from the Anet site that misled them. Refunding them isn’t a perk. It’s Anet doing the right thing in regards to something that some had claimed was false advertising. It wasn’t. It was just ambiguous. But it was misunderstood.

Some of the people being refunded bought the game because they thought they had to. This has nothing to do with new players old players. This has to do with Anet doing the right thing.

Vayne.8563

Hi guys,

Anet should give two options then.. easy to solve it: a package to new players with the freebie GW2 core, and another focused to long time players – the ones who have been supporting the game through gem store for instance.

Why someone who never spent a dime on it has more advantages the veterans ones?

I also know that many threads have been posted about it, but possibly, the more complains about, the more Anet will gather feedback about it.

What about all the people who play for free and never spent a dime in the gem store?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Not saying you are wrong for wanting it, but they basically decided they arent selling expansions, just new game versions. Like windows 8 or 10 or xp. They expect everyone to buy the new software.

And thats currently their plan for the forseeable future. Your only options are buy the new game or wait for a sale and buy the new game

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I feel the same way as you OP, but it is what it is. You’re only option is to just wait until there’s a sale. That’s my plan. I’ll still have access to WvW and PVP so it doesn’t really bother me if I don’t get the expansion right away. I’ve already poured in at least $1500 worth of Gems into this game already, so I have no qualms about waiting a year or two for a price drop.

Posted by: Rai.1084

Rai.1084

Just to throw in an other point:
The expansion will have something around the size of 10 maps.
So like half the original game.
-> The original game costs 40 euros currently on most internet pages
-> we are in fact FORCED to purchase it again
-> The expansion + normal game is 50 euros.
So us old players have to pay MORE for the expansion which is HALF the size of the normal game?
Oh yes, that is totally fair!

Im considering this my last post as Im rather going to buy witcher 3 which is a COMPLETE game for the exact same price instead of letting them rip me off like that,
so let me add a few more to this point of view.
Ive had numerous cases in which I had to contact the support.
I was either ignored,
sent away with a standart answer that didnt even cover my problem
or told that they cant do anything about it.
So do you think, one of us would believe when they say, they would care for their playerbase?
They dont even give the standart edition a characterslot. Or us a way to upgrade it.
Do you honestly think, we would CARE if you consider your old game to be free to the expansion?
What gives you the right to make an expansion more expensive than the original game?
It is a god d*mn-ed ripp-off no matter HOW you look at it.
And that is why I will not buy the expansion unless we get a chance to upgrade it from our already OWEND game that we PAYED for.
And a lot of people will do the same. Look at those 105 pages of complaints.
If you really give a s**t about your playerbase then HEAR us this time and make a new justyfied price for those millions of players that already have the game.
Its too obvious that you hope for tons of money by ripping off true fans. Its a crime against everyone who loves guildwars and against yourself. I praised this game for having no pay to win system. Now dont ruin this by starting such bulls**t.

Have a nice day kitties and community.
Im out till theres any change.

(edited by Rai.1084)

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Where did you get that information of 10 maps? We’ve only seen 1 and there’s been no firm announcements.

Posted by: Rai.1084

Rai.1084

Its more of a “about the size of 9-11 maps” quote that dropped in some stream during the beta days. They cant give us precise information tho.
But hey, if its less than that size its even worse to make us pay more than the full game itself, right?

Posted by: Squeesidhe.4761

Squeesidhe.4761

$50 is WAY overpriced for the features I’ve seen listed so far. And the special editions ($99??) are just insulting.

I feel like I’ve stuck with you through a lot of fumbling, sloppiness and amateur-hour design decisions, and my reward it to get nickle-and-dimed on the first major new content release?

The pre-order bonus is a title and the opportunity to help you beta test? Wow, generous!

You know, there’s a LOT of competition out there these days. Just sayin’.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Well, look at this: http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/25/destiny-sells-dlc-extras-separately-prepares-promotion-with-red-bull/

Destiny lowered the price to $20 because their fans didn’t like the bundled packaged.

“Creative Director Luke Smith also apologized for his previous interview on the DLC, saying, “I’m sorry. My words made it sound as if Bungie doesn’t care about their most loyal fans. We do care. We are listening. And we will make it right.” "

Ayrilana.1396

Well, look at this: http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/25/destiny-sells-dlc-extras-separately-prepares-promotion-with-red-bull/

Destiny lowered the price to $20 because their fans didn’t like the bundled packaged.

“Creative Director Luke Smith also apologized for his previous interview on the DLC, saying, “I’m sorry. My words made it sound as if Bungie doesn’t care about their most loyal fans. We do care. We are listening. And we will make it right.” "

Different scenario though. The base game is free and not part of the price unlike the two editions beyond standard for Destiny. What I have been seeing is that players were upset about the collector’s edition because it contained exclusive items that weren’t available elsewhere and players were forced to buy the core game plus existing DLC that they had already bought.

Posted by: Tracking.6287

Tracking.6287

If the original game is to be included it should come with a separate key so you can give it to your friends and encourage new players to join the game, instead of just upsetting your current loyal players.

Ayrilana.1396

If the original game is to be included it should come with a separate key so you can give it to your friends and encourage new players to join the game, instead of just upsetting your current loyal players.

Getting the core game for free with the expansion is strictly for new accounts/players only so there’s no need for separate keys.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

I saw the veteran rewards blog… not much of a reward. A character slot doesn’t make up for the excessive price tag. I am not paying $50. I’ll wait until the next expansion or a major discount before I even consider this. See you in a few years anet.

Posted by: BlazingZero.9702

BlazingZero.9702

just posted this in another thread, but still wanna post it here one more time here to really voice out my opinion

The problem is still like
for veteran players:
I pay 100USD for old content(five character slots) + new content (1 character slot only if you pre-purchase)
for new players:
I pay 50 USD for old content(five character slots) + new content

Now come on, even if us veteran players pre-purchase HoT, what are we getting? An extra character slot. A freaking extra character slot. How much does that cost? 800 gems or 10 USD. Does this 800 gems mean anything to a veteran player who started playing since 2012 or even 2014? I don’t think so.

What kind of appreciation is this? Even worse is players that started playing this game 6 months ago can get a full-price refund. That means they don’t need to pay more to enjoy new content. A player who played a game for 6 months can be counted as a veteran and why on earth are players that are even more “veteran” who support this game longer, maybe even pay more for gems get treated like kitten?

I understand you want to attract more new players into this game, to keep this game “lively”, but that doesn’t mean you can treat old players like kitten.

Posted by: Liraela.3601

Liraela.3601

I won’t buy game where is price 50$ for Core Game + new content. I don’t need copy core game. In mine opinion this is quite stupidy offer (and too expensive) for veteran players.

Posted by: WSG Delen.9203

WSG Delen.9203

Now come on, even if us veteran players pre-purchase HoT, what are we getting? An extra character slot. A freaking extra character slot. How much does that cost? 800 gems or 10 USD. Does this 800 gems mean anything to a veteran player who started playing since 2012 or even 2014? I don’t think so.

The base GW2 has been selling in the sales for about that kind of value, and an extra character slot means you would not have to throw away any pre-existing characters you may have invested ALOT of time into so you can create a new character with the new Revenant class they are introducing.

Providing the free character slot is offered to existing account holders for atleast a period of time (say 1-3months) beyond the release of HoT (assuming core game is always going to be included) then I think they are being pretty fair and reasonable.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

“I’ve payed for expansion to X, Y, Z-game 50$ and its normal price”

No its not, there are games better then 95% of those expansions in similar or lover price (like KF2 which will be fawesome)
It’s normal price because morons buy stuff that is only a percentage of a game for a price of full game.

Anyway…

That char slot doesnt even matter because that specialisation crud f-ed up builds which means that at least 3 toons are now useless to me…

Why fixing things that work?
Personal story – pretty good – now f-ed because of reasons and rewards from it are NONE
Specialisations – weren’t bad, but now are screwed – again, because of reasons…

Still waiting to see what HoT will f up next – there still plenty of things to go…

Posted by: Fluffy.6058

Fluffy.6058

Hej well i love this game got all them myself so far, when the news came out for the pre order i was hyped to hell but only to see i have to pay an high price for getting the new exp for the game and also having to buy the core game. Wouldn’t an option for an stand alone be better for everyone that allready own the core game insted of having to pay such an price for the new exp, however i do understand the package deal with the core game into sens its not like GW1 but still alot of players kinda feels screwed over that they have to buy the core game aswell just an idea here