HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why didn’t you get a refund that was offered to everyone that purchased the core game ‘right before we knew it would include the base game’?

Perhaps, you can still get a refund, and have your current account closed permanently, and then you can play for free with any restrictions imposed. Support link above/below.

Good luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you aren’t planning to do the Heart of Thorns, then why did you come back and buy the expansion? You could have bought the base game at Walmart if you didn’t want the expansion. The free accounts won’t have it and there is no guarantee that it won’t cost them $50 to upgrade.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

What are you even talking about?

He means he feels like an idiot shelling out money for a game that is about to be free-to-play. Not saying I agree or disagree. Just giving the synopsis in one sentence.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

According to some strings dug up by that_shaman, here are the possible restrictions for free to play accounts.

Only one or two character slots
Limit of level 15
Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or possibly PvP related)
Only able to send mail to friends.
Can’t send items or gold through mail
Can’t speak in map chat
Can’t access Team Arenas
Can’t access main WvW maps (EB and Borderlands)
Can’t sell items on TP.

from dulfy’s site, great F2P game yo

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

F2P accounts will surely have restrictions. Restrictions YOU won’t have because you have a paid account. You will also have access to HoT content while F2P players won’t.

If that’s not enough for you, you could’ve gotten a refund.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

According to some strings dug up by that_shaman, here are the possible restrictions for free to play accounts.

Only one or two character slots
Limit of level 15
Seems like a limit on how high a “rank” you can get (specific to trial or possibly PvP related)
Only able to send mail to friends.
Can’t send items or gold through mail
Can’t speak in map chat
Can’t access Team Arenas
Can’t access main WvW maps (EB and Borderlands)
Can’t sell items on TP.

from dulfy’s site, great F2P game yo

Apparently that info is from 2014 trial weekend.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Ardenwolfe.8590

You know, this explains that whole ‘core game included for free’ with the expansion nonsense now. Wait two more years and you’ll get the expansion for free too if history is any indication.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

It’s probably not going F2P, it will most likely be a trial.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

You know, this explains that whole ‘core game included for free’ with the expansion nonsense now. Wait two more years and you’ll get the expansion for free too if history is any indication.

You wouldn’t be able to play whatever the current expansion is 2 years from now.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

No one has any idea what F2P even means. But let’s make assumptions and useless posts on the forums about it.

Ardenwolfe.8590

You wouldn’t be able to play whatever the current expansion is 2 years from now.

Whoosh.

No one has any idea what F2P even means. But let’s make assumptions and useless posts on the forums about it.

Actually quite the opposite, but that discussion is not for this thread.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OP, what are you talking about? The F2P announcement is for a limited trial as far as anyone can tell, and if you like the game you can purchase it to no longer be a limited trial account.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Heylel.2109

Heylel.2109

To be honest, I agree with Galen when it comes to characters slots.

To be more precise, the part where he says that including the new Class doesn’t makes mandatory for ANet to give us a free slot. The Core Game comes with 8 Professions and 5 Races, for a grand total of 40 possible combinations. We’re given 5 slots, so yeah, it has already made clear that people needs to make choices. If people has already filled these slots, it’s because they so choose to do, they’re not entitled to it.

ANet is giving us a free slot, I’d grant them that’s a nice thing to do, but really they aren’t really forced.

Personally I still think they have failed at interesting me into returning to the game, I have either 3 or 4 free Slots (Depends if I deleted my human Ranger or forgot to do so.), so the extra Slot doesn’t hold any interest to me. The price for the expansion is too big for a game that didn’t managed to hold my interest for a period that was shorter than a month, but for sure I’m not going to ask ANet for more than what they’re willing to give feeling entitled to it.

Posted by: jackthestreamer.3097

jackthestreamer.3097

Im still confused here, please help, if i buy the standard Heart of Thorns expansion will I have TWO copies of the game, can i have one with HoT and one without?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Im still confused here, please help, if i buy the standard Heart of Thorns expansion will I have TWO copies of the game, can i have one with HoT and one without?

If you buy HoT and apply it to your existing account, you’ll have your existing core game with access to HoT on Oct 23rd.

If you buy HoT but apply it to a new account rather than your existing, you’ll have your existing core game (without HoT access) plus another core game that has HoT access included in it.

To put it simpler, you’re purchasing HoT. If you apply it towards a new account, only then will you get a free core game.

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

I’m getting really sick of this. Is my Volvo v40 from 01 worth the same amount of money today 2015? I hope so, but it isn’t.

So the best thing you and everybody who somehow feels like the value of something always stays the same, should wait until the very last expansion of Gw2 and come back then, just a tip.

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

OP, what are you talking about? The F2P announcement is for a limited trial as far as anyone can tell, and if you like the game you can purchase it to no longer be a limited trial account.

Actually, you can easily buy the game for ten dollars or less at a sale already, so a full F2P isn’t that unrealistic. ANet would loose some money on those sales, yes, but at the same time, they would draw in a lot more people who spend money on the gem store, and there would be a lot of people who get to lvl 80 and want to try the expansion. So even if the core game is 100% free, no restriction, ANet can easily end up making even more money than before. It’s a simple, rather common business strategy.

Think about SW: Old Republic, for instance. It was subscription-only, then went F2P. But instead of the game being doomed, it was more profitable than before. At least, the last I heard they were very happy with the profits after going F2P. It’s all about the big picture. You often have to spend money to make money. It’s called investing. How many of you have paid a lot of money to get to school, college, universities etc? Just about everyone I know did, and it’s all to get a better job and make more money. It cost a lot a couple of years, but they more than make it up for it with better jobs and better income.

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

If this game goes f2p its gonna be terrible… I already get whispers from gold sellers from time to time… now they will just sit and spam freely without worrying that the account will get banned cause they always make a new one for free… Then there are hackers and bots and whatnot.. oh god..
Free accounts will have to have heavy restrictions on them to prevent such abuse…

I quit games that got overrun by hackers and bots in the past.. I hope Anet thinks twice before killing this game..

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

To be more precise, the part where he says that including the new Class doesn’t makes mandatory for ANet to give us a free slot. The Core Game comes with 8 Professions and 5 Races, for a grand total of 40 possible combinations. We’re given 5 slots, so yeah, it has already made clear that people needs to make choices. If people has already filled these slots, it’s because they so choose to do, they’re not entitled to it.

Well they aren’t getting my money without giving me a character slot, so what backwards way do you define “entitled.” I’m absolutely entitled.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

In general I consider it poor service to sell a package and then charge extra for access to elements of that package. Of course Anet is not required, or forced, or whatever term you choose, to provide a free* character slot. Then again no one is forced to spend money beyond the purchase price of the game either. Anet seems to think, upon reflection, that providing a free* character slot, at least to pre-purchasers, is a good idea.

As to the idea that the free* character slot with pre-purchase is costing Anet hundreds of thousands, or millions, of dollars…preposterous. Anet has the numbers. If giving out a free* character slot was going to cost them more revenue than it generated, they would not do it. They are in business to make money.

*It should be noted that they are not doing so. If you must give a service provider money in order to gain access to an aspect of the service, then it is not, by definition, free.

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

You know that were was a refund option for those who bought the core game after the HoT announcement?

no – there was only a refund option if you bought it in a certain time frame from anet (or i think certain other retailers)
i didnt get the refund option because it seems i didnt buy it from one of the enlisted retailers…for whatever reason so yeah…

besides, my issue is not that full pirce → sale → expansion includes core game → free to play happens, it is the normal evolution of such a game i guess

MY issue is it has happend within 6 months – and that does feel like a cash grab – if i anyone knew this in advance do you REALLY think anyone would have bought the core game at full price in spring? right…

(edited by Nemesis.6938)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve purchased something that went on sale at a marked discount right after the refund period expired. It’s chance we always take.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

In general I consider it poor service to sell a package and then charge extra for access to elements of that package. Of course Anet is not required, or forced, or whatever term you choose, to provide a free* character slot. Then again no one is forced to spend money beyond the purchase price of the game either. Anet seems to think, upon reflection, that providing a free* character slot, at least to pre-purchasers, is a good idea.

As to the idea that the free* character slot with pre-purchase is costing Anet hundreds of thousands, or millions, of dollars…preposterous. Anet has the numbers. If giving out a free* character slot was going to cost them more revenue than it generated, they would not do it. They are in business to make money.

*It should be noted that they are not doing so. If you must give a service provider money in order to gain access to an aspect of the service, then it is not, by definition, free.

I think the problem is just finding some way that paying 50 dollars is appealing to older players. When newer players get more of an advantage out of it. Keep in mind that some players could have just as easily bought the game before pre-orders went up, thus causing them to pay an additional fifty to what they got.

I get that it takes money to do things. I get it that they are interested in making money (though not as badly as a lot of other companies.), but you have to find some way to have players buy more. And really… expansions don’t really cut it. Look at destiny. It backfired horribly for Bungie and Activision. And for good reasons. Nearly the same here.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i will probably buy the expansion but it leaves a very bitter and bad taste in my mouth from the way they handled the sales of the expansion.

offering absurd packages to force more money out of their loyal fanbase is definitely not a good business practice.

Would have willingly supported them more if they didn’t come out with such money grabbing options.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

For the last freaking time GW2 is NOT going free to play!

All it is doing is allowing for permanent trial accounts up to a certain level, the exact same thing WoW has had available for five years now. Do you consider WoW to be free to play? Because as someone who regrettably once held a subscription, I can assure it is not.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

the white knighting is real.

defending shady sales tactics is pretty repulsive.

i agree with the OP, this entire sales fiasco leaves much to be desired and i am inclined to hold out for a better deal instead of readily splurging the ka-kitten to support gw2.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Given the recent events with the ‘you must purchase Guild Wars 2’ in order to enjoy the expansion fiasco, I’m inclined to agree. This isn’t ancient history, but something that occurred a handful of months ago.

If this free-to-play rumor is true . . . well . . . the pieces all seem to fit now, don’t they?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

i will probably buy the expansion but it leaves a very bitter and bad taste in my mouth from the way they handled the sales of the expansion.

offering absurd packages to force more money out of their loyal fanbase is definitely not a good business practice.

Would have willingly supported them more if they didn’t come out with such money grabbing options.

Again no one is forcing you to pay anything and buy anything if that will leave such a bitter taste in you mouth. The packages are more orientated to get new players into the game, and this is something any MMO needs to keep running.

No one from the old players, should feel entitled to anything from Anet, just because they call themselves “loyal” for purchasing something 3 years ago, and getting their money worth 10 times over for that period of time in the form of content. I bet you theres a lot of people out there calling themselves ‘veterans’ and ‘loyal player, who supported this game’, who havent put any money towards the game, beside the initial purchase. If Anet decide to show their appreciation of their old player base in some way, that would be a nice gesture, but they are in NO WAY obligated to do so, because they already provided the service you all were told you’ll get for your money.

I cant believe this topic has dragged for so long, and there are still people without clear grasp of the situation. Money grabbing? You clearly never played another MMO, since you’re throwing such phrases here. Anet didnt asked any money from you in the last 3 years, since you made the initial purchase, and now when they charge their expansion a bit more, because of the lack of monthly fees and any other paid content, you call this money grabbing? Sure there is the existance of ingame gem store, where you can spend real money, but in no way people are forced to do so, so they can keep playing the game. If you want to see what real money grabbing is go play SWTOR for example where you’re FORCED, yes forced to pay real money so you can unlock items for your account, that you’ve already spend hours trying to get ingame. All this on top of monthly fees and additional prices on their expansions. So go ahead and see what that term really looks like in action.

Honestly i think many people have been spoiled by the lack of monthly fees and any other paid content in this game to the point they truly believe, they’re entitled to anything on this game for free. Wake up, already and realise how things function in the real world.

Before anyone jump and call me ‘fanboy’ or ‘Anet knight in shiny armor’ or whatnot.. Im not saying the game is perfect. No such things exist.Im simply laying out the facts, which many have failed to grasp.

No bad feeling towards anyone. Cheers!

(edited by Rain.7543)

Heylel.2109

Well they aren’t getting my money without giving me a character slot, so what backwards way do you define “entitled.” I’m absolutely entitled.

Definition of Entitled

also From Oxford Dictionaries

Not sure what you mean with ‘backwards’ but, while you definetely fit the Oxford one, I was referring to the #2 Definition in the Merriam-Webster. Sure you’re free to not purchase the expansion pack if ANet is not going to give you a free slot, really I’m not purchasing it either way, free slot or not. But, accordly to the selling conditions that ANet has posed us, pre-purchasing the package will ‘entitle’ you to have one as long you have purchased the core game before the 16th of June.

Any other way does NOT entitles you to receive a free slot, because the conditions sets by ANet don’t involve it. As long you don’t want to use the Oxford definition where it’s all about you believing to deserve it. In such case, yeah nothing anyone else can say since that’s your belief.

On a side note I feel ANet policy being completely disagreeable, no real benefits (Sorry but one slot isn’t really worth much to me.) for the Veterans compared to how Newcomers will get the Core Game for free is a really unpleasant choice to make, something that made me decide to steer clear from HoT. But all I can, and will do, is just providing this feedback and hoping that for future releases they’ll do better.

I do not want Free slots or discounts, saying “They will have not my money as long they dont…” is a mixture of begging and blackmailing that feels really unpleasant when it comes to playing videogames, I just hope that in the future ANet will make choices more considerate toward the ones who had choose to support them from the start.

Edit

@MirrorOfNature:

Is SWTOR still living? I thought it epically died when people got sick of the devs blatantly ignoring any feedback and entering the FreeToPay mode.

(edited by Heylel.2109)

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

So, given that the level cap is 15, the whispers are only allowed to people who have added the accounts, and no map chat.

You still feel like an idiot for not waiting for the gimpy free to play version?

Why complain people? The measures in place to curb the spam and gold sellers is great.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So, given that the level cap is 15, the whispers are only allowed to people who have added the accounts, and no map chat.

You still feel like an idiot for not waiting for the gimpy free to play version?

Why complain people? The measures in place to curb the spam and gold sellers is great.

That stuff (level cap, no map chat, etc.) was trial info datamined a year ago. No one knows the conditions of this possible “free to play” thing that came about this week.

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

On a side note I feel ANet policy being completely disagreeable, no real benefits (Sorry but one slot isn’t really worth much to me.) for the Veterans compared to how Newcomers will get the Core Game for free is a really unpleasant choice to make, something that made me decide to steer clear from HoT. But all I can, and will do, is just providing this feedback and hoping that for future releases they’ll do better.

I do not want Free slots or discounts, saying “They will have not my money as long they dont…” is a mixture of begging and blackmailing that feels really unpleasant when it comes to playing videogames, I just hope that in the future ANet will make choices more considerate toward the ones who had choose to support them from the start.

Not sure I understand your point, as you seem to be contradicting yourself.

On the one hand, you seem to be saying that if someone says they will not support ANet financially as long as they engage in certain behaviors, that’s begging, blackmail, and entitlement.

Then you proceed to tell us how you refuse to purchase HoT because of certain behaviors being demonstrated by ANet.

What, exactly, is the difference? In both cases, one is providing feedback and withholding financial support. Have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Heylel.2109

Not sure I understand your point, as you seem to be contradicting yourself.

On the one hand, you seem to be saying that if someone says they will not support ANet financially as long as they engage in certain behaviors, that’s begging, blackmail, and entitlement.

Then you proceed to tell us how you refuse to purchase HoT because of certain behaviors being demonstrated by ANet.

What, exactly, is the difference? In both cases, one is providing feedback and withholding financial support. Have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Probably I expressed myself bad, was posting in a hurry…

But the difference, to answer your question, is how one pose himself\herself toward the problem…

I’m not asking ANet to change its policy, I’m providing a feedback about how I believe their offer didn’t reached my expectations, if others will join me saying this then there’s hope that ANet may reconsider their policies in the future. Sadly, since the mod merged the thread, voices like mine gets harder to be noticed.

As a customer, I think that the best way to express my disappointment into a product is to not purchase it, this is the most clear signal you can send to the industry. But it becomes a threat when people goes like “give us the extra slot or you’ll lose a client”. Because it would set a precedent and, in the very worst case, would open a path to very bad scenarios.

As of now I’m not going to pre-purchase HoT, will not purchase it after launch and most likely won’t have thoughts about purchase until next expansion. The game failed to appeal me to the point that I want invest more on it, if I will be still able to play without purchasing it, then I’m considering loggin in every now and then. Otherwise peace, I’ll wait for the next big upgrade and time will tell.

For sure my support to GW2 isn’t tied to just getting an extra character slot or now.

Posted by: FalconDance.1637

FalconDance.1637

The game is now free-to-play (don’t have to purchase the “core game” and it has no value). So the price tag is solely for the expansion.

BirchFlower [RBW] – Sylvari ranger, Isle of Janthir
Lili BirchFlower, Adjutant, Royal Black Watch
http://www.royalblackwatch.net/

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Wait, wait…

The expansion will come with TWO armor sets? ONLY two?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

This is officially a DLC now. And ArenaNet is asking us to pay the price of a full game for this? Two armor sets and five weapon sets? This is less than the art they release in the Gem Store during the time they were working on HoT. It’s nice to see ArenaNet making clear what their priorities are.

So we will have:

• A laughable amount of new skins
  • One third of a raid (with the rest coming “soon”, which in ArenaNet’s universe can take more than 2 years)
  • Three legendary weapons, with more coming “soon” (see above)
  • Less than one handful of new maps
  • A half new profession (because the revenant has less skills than everyone else, and is less versatile than everyone else)
  • A few new skills for the old professions
  • A new PvP mode… With only a single map
  • A couple of guild halls… With more to come “soon” (see above again)

This deserves $10 at most.

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

So can people get refunds for paying for the base game and XPAC, or did Anet entrap us?

Heylel.2109

So can people get refunds for paying for the base game and XPAC, or did Anet entrap us?

Depends on how long since you purchased.

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

My first inclination was to tell all the existing players complaining about having to pay the same as new customers that you’re all a bunch of whiners, as some others have done, but on second thought I actually kind of agree that it is unfair. The simple math is that brand new players are getting ALL the content for forty-something bucks, whereas older players who already own the base game and buy the expansion will have ended up paying double that amount to get all the content. It’s not unreasonable to find that a bit unfair. I think at the very least they should offer the expansion to existing players for half the price that will be charged new players. I’m not militant about it and will probably buy the expansion anyway, but it’s not really the non-issue that many people want to make it out to be.

Ayrilana.1396

My first inclination was to tell all the existing players complaining about having to pay the same as new customers that you’re all a bunch of whiners, as some others have done, but on second thought I actually kind of agree that it is unfair. The simple math is that brand new players are getting ALL the content for forty-something bucks, whereas older players who already own the base game and buy the expansion will have ended up paying double that amount to get all the content. It’s not unreasonable to find that a bit unfair. I think at the very least they should offer the expansion to existing players for half the price that will be charged new players. I’m not militant about it and will probably buy the expansion anyway, but it’s not really the non-issue that many people want to make it out to be.

What existing players already paid is irrelevant. This issue doesn’t matter anymore since the entire core game is free to play.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This issue doesn’t matter anymore since the entire core game is free to play.

Not retroactively.
So yes, veterans will have paid for the core game + the expansion, whereas new players will only pay for the expansion. Veterans paid for all the development during those 3 years by buying the core game + buying gems. But somehow, only new players get a preferential treatment.

Ayrilana.1396

Not retroactively.
So yes, veterans will have paid for the core game + the expansion, whereas new players will only pay for the expansion. Veterans paid for all the development during those 3 years by buying the core game + buying gems. But somehow, only new players get a preferential treatment.

Please quote my entire post next time. What veterans paid for the core game doesn’t matter. Development was likely paid within the first few months of release.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Not retroactively.

Veterans also got to experience those three years of game play. They experienced it so much that there have been long threads complaining about nothing new. Veterans bought a product. They’ve (presumably) used that product for various numbers of hours. I’m not a hardcore (time) player, but I’ve played close to 3k hours. That’s a lot of entertainment for $60.

Did people or did they not get their money’s worth? If not, I am unsure why the price of HoT would matter to them. If so, then they’ll have to decide if $50 will be worth the price of admission to development going forward.

Do people complain in WoW when new players get the latest battle chest for $40 and then buy the latest XPac, where the long-timer paid full price for vanilla and all the previous XPacs? I’ve seen all kinds of complaints in WoW. However, I’ll confess to never having seen one about that.

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

Uhh thats because Wow has never been dumb enough to give everything away for free. I mean seriously. I paid money for this game at release, and I never regretted doing that till today. I did think the free core game with pre-order was a little irritating, but whatever. I don’t care about the F2P. What I care about is that I have to pay the same $50 to get the upgrades for HoT that someone else pays when they never bought the game to start. Yeah WoW has battle chests, but guess what. They pay for the game. I think none of us would have an issue with it if either we paid an upgrade fee, or if the new players were paying some core price, even 20 bucks. But to have a situation where I have to pay $120 for GW2+HoT simply because I have supported GW2 from day one is Bs. And they walk in, never having given a cent to Anet and they get the same thing for $50. If they add in the LS content they pay about $75. I still paid out $120 for the base game and the expansion. I, for the first time, regret doing that.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

except they walk in with nothing, where your 60$ most likely gave you over 1,000 hours since you say you did it at day 1, and everything you earned up till then. Now an expansion is coming, we all have to pay for it, but what you still get is more hours, and more fun out of it, and all though new things, and on top of that, what ever content comes out like it id for the three year of core. so you payed like 20$ a year for the fun, more or less depending if 60$ the correct price tag.

(edited by TJgalon.5012)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

looks like Most major info is out now.
Is hot a good price to value?

lets run down the information objectively;

• 1) 4 new PVE maps
    • some have 3 levels, some dont
  • 2) 8 new specializations
    • specialisations represent a new traitline/skills/utilities/weapon they offer a new playstyle for each class
  • 3) one new class, the revenant, and 1 specialization for it
  • 4) new items
    • 2 new armor sets
    • 5 new weapon sets
    • 3 new legendary weapons
    • 60 new skins/minis etc
  • 5)New progression: Masteries
    • gain experience to unlock Area specific abilities and buffs/debuffs
  • 6) Guild halls
    • large gathering places for your guild to gather
    • can set up battles
    • can invite others
    • add decorations, 175 decorations will exist
  • 7) living story continues
    • the next season in the ongoing story of GW2.
  • 8)Raids
    • 3 raid wings released over the course of first month or so
    • 1st raid wing has 3 bosses

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

looks like Most major info is out now.
Is hot a good price to value?

lets run down the information objectively;

• 1) 4 new PVE maps
    • some have 3 levels, some dont
  • 2) 8 new specializations
    • specialisations represent a new traitline/skills/utilities/weapon they offer a new playstyle for each class
  • 3) one new class, the revenant, and 1 specialization for it
  • 4) new items
    • 2 new armor sets
    • 5 new weapon sets
    • 3 new legendary weapons
    • 60 new skins/minis etc
  • 5)New progression: Masteries
    • gain experience to unlock Area specific abilities and buffs/debuffs
  • 6) Guild halls
    • large gathering places for your guild to gather
    • can set up battles
    • can invite others
    • add decorations, 175 decorations will exist
  • 7) living story continues
    • the next season in the ongoing story of GW2.
  • 8)Raids
    • 3 raid wings released over the course of first month or so
    • 1st raid wing has 3 bosses

my editorial opinion?
the content is a bit light for a full 50 dollar purchase.
looks to have a value of around 25-40 dollars to me.

If you consider it as a subscription price until next expansion, it may be a good deal, but we dont really have any strong suggestions of what that entails within the scope of heart of thorns.
could be a ton of content people want or it could be mostly the living story.

is ir worth it for me?
im unsure, i may get it, but it doesnt feel like the right price.

Im not excited about the price in comparison to content, but i may purchase it warily, A sort of, ok, ill give it a shot, but if i dont like what i see, I’m done.
I may just chill, and keep my game core, playing it whenever the mood strikes me.

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

If the base game is “free” then why did you remove it from the Shop area? It should be available to download for “free.”

Now it all makes sense Thank you ANet!

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

Posted by: mafioyo.2458

mafioyo.2458

Where I buy only GW2 core game without Heart of Thorns ?
This means, that its not HoT + free core, but core + some expansion. And that veterans must pay twice.

(edited by mafioyo.2458)

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Bookah?

/15 humans

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

I am pay for go when we do the twice been have got a