HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kityn.8247

Kityn.8247

Something turning things upside down gives one a whole new perspective. While chilling and reading HoT reactions i noticed just how entitled the ones accusing others of entitlement are.

Many a comment about HoT from it’s defenders were about how we had 3 years of great gameplay and free updates and now we complain about 50$.

Now that’s entitlement. Even if we had 15 years worth of free playtime, that doesn’t mean jack smack kitten to the deal that is the x-pac. A-net doesn’t owe vets anything, true. But they also don’t owe anything to a-net. HoT standard edition costs 50$ and that’s a fact.

That’s the price for expansion. Not “overly long free time fee”, “over the top LS season 1 & 2 costs” or some such. It’s the price for xpac. And therefore it’s the xpac’s size and content that’s being subject of justified scrutiny and no melodramatic “u.o.us” are gonna work. If the xpac is not worth 50$ in players’ eyes they’re not gonna buy it nor are they obliged to.

You can be an awesome baker and make amazing cakes. But just because i ate 50 times at your place already, doesn’t mean i’ll pay full cake’s price for few brownies on my plate which you advertise as “house’s new special”.

Problem is that to play content in HoT it will cost more than just $50. New profession requires 1 character slot. To play with the new weapons for current professions will be more additional character slots. No one will want to change skills and traits all the time. This expansion was made for people to get additional character slots. So on average, if you are a Vet player, this game will cost more like $70 to $80 if you want to play with the new profession content.

Brand new players will be able to play with the new HoT stuff without spending extra. Vet players will have to pay out additional cash to play with the new HoT stuff.

(edited by Kityn.8247)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Something turning things upside down gives one a whole new perspective. While chilling and reading HoT reactions i noticed just how entitled the ones accusing others of entitlement are.

Many a comment about HoT from it’s defenders were about how we had 3 years of great gameplay and free updates and now we complain about 50$.

Now that’s entitlement. Even if we had 15 years worth of free playtime, that doesn’t mean jack smack kitten to the deal that is the x-pac. A-net doesn’t owe vets anything, true. But they also don’t owe anything to a-net. HoT standard edition costs 50$ and that’s a fact.

That’s the price for expansion. Not “overly long free time fee”, “over the top LS season 1 & 2 costs” or some such. It’s the price for xpac. And therefore it’s the xpac’s size and content that’s being subject of justified scrutiny and no melodramatic “u.o.us” are gonna work. If the xpac is not worth 50$ in players’ eyes they’re not gonna buy it nor are they obliged to.

You can be an awesome baker and make amazing cakes. But just because i ate 50 times at your place already, doesn’t mean i’ll pay full cake’s price for few brownies on my plate which you advertise as “house’s new special”.

Problem is that to play content in HoT it will cost more than just $50. New profession requires 1 character slot. To play with the new weapons for current professions will be more additional character slots. No one will want to change skills and traits all the time. This expansion was made for people to get additional character slots. So on average, if you are a Vet player, this game will cost more like $70 to $80 if you want to play with the new profession content.

Brand new players will be able to play with the new HoT stuff without spending extra. Vet players will have to pay out additional cash to play with the new HoT stuff.

It’s $60 at most if they do not pre-purchase, are out of character slots, and do not buy the slot with gold. The bolded part doesn’t apply as it’s as ridiculous as Anet needing to provide X number of character slots if they add a new playable race.

Kityn.8247

It’s $60 at most if they do not pre-purchase, are out of character slots, and do not buy the slot with gold. The bolded part doesn’t apply as it’s as ridiculous as Anet needing to provide X number of character slots if they add a new playable race.

Each new profession and/or playable race should have a character slot for each new expansion otherwise they are just milking their Vet players. $60 will be the minimum for those that do not have spare character slots and do not have the spare gold to exchange for gems.

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

So theres still people talking about this… i hope devs were more open and read these post plenty of feeback here, from people that are willing to pay the price to people that are really upset about it, i hope this dont shatter even more the community

Posted by: Malitias.8453

Malitias.8453

So those of us who have been supporting the game all the time, bought the game right at launch, are basically being ripped off. That’s just awesome ANet. Thx, I boycott.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

To play with the new weapons for current professions will be more additional character slots. No one will want to change skills and traits all the time.

Wow. Judge the value of HoT however you want, but the above is bloody ridiculous.

Kityn.8247

To play with the new weapons for current professions will be more additional character slots. No one will want to change skills and traits all the time.

Wow. Judge the value of HoT however you want, but the above is bloody ridiculous.

How do you figure? Who would want to keep switching out traits and skills on their character all the time? For instance changing between a dual sword warrior and changing it into a hammer warrior. Two completely different builds and traits and possibly armor. With the new weapons being added and it changing the professions drastically, switching out skills and traits between two different builds became that much more tedious.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

How do you figure? Who would want to keep switching out traits and skills on their character all the time? For instance changing between a dual sword warrior and changing it into a hammer warrior. Two completely different builds and traits and possibly armor. With the new weapons being added and it changing the professions drastically, switching out skills and traits between two different builds became that much more tedious.

in GW1 you have builds with 5 different armor sets and 5 different weapon sets, not to mention the amount of work to change hero armors and weapons.
it’s a cake walk in GW2, really.

IndigoSundown.5419

Your post that I reacted to said skills and traits. Not gear. Changing all gear is a major pain in the kitten. However, changing weapons, traits and skills is not that hard. It would of course, be even easier with build templates.

Many players already carry multiple weapons. Many already change traits and utilities all the time depending on anything from game mode to individual fights. My warrior has somewhere around 8 weapons in addition to those carried. Most of my characters have extra weapons. Generally, all those weapons have the same stat prefix. The warrior also carries a set of Soldier’s Armor for WvW.

So, I change weapons, utilities and traits all the time. I am by no means unique. Who would want to switch traits and skills? Anyone who wants to adapt to different situations in the game. Running the exact same build regardless of what one is doing is needlessly handicapping a character.

In light of that, what I found ridiculous was that the Elite specs would require a new slot per profession. While I bet a lot of players would happily accept extra free slots, you may be unique in thinking you need them for existing professions.

Ayrilana.1396

That’s a limitation set by you and not the game. You decided that you don’t want to change out traits/gear. Since those limitations were set by you, you cannot include them in the costs that a player would pay to experience the expansion.

Kityn.8247

Even still. A new profession from HoT should include a character slot so you can play said profession without needing to prepurchase. I seriously doubt HoT will have near as much content as the core game. The core game came with tons of content and plenty of character slots and had cost about the same as HoT.

I will not pay extra to be able to play with new professions and/or playable races. Nor should I have to prepurchase so I can. If I buy an expansion and it comes with professions/races then let me be able to play them without having to buy extra crap!

Ayrilana.1396

Even still. A new profession from HoT should include a character slot so you can play said profession without needing to prepurchase. I seriously doubt HoT will have near as much content as the core game. The core game came with tons of content and plenty of character slots and had cost about the same as HoT.

I will not pay extra to be able to play with new professions and/or playable races. Nor should I have to prepurchase so I can. If I buy an expansion and it comes with professions/races then let me be able to play them without having to buy extra crap!

No expansion has ever had more content than its core game as far as I know. The core game did come with plenty of character slots but not enough to have one of each class. Unlike a new game, an expansion is just adding onto the existing game so there’s no obligation to include free character slots.

I have yet to see anyone present an argument with strong evidence that it required to be included. Many have brought up GW1 except those were standalone campaigns.

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I don’t see myself buying an expansion (any expansion) for $50. Im certainly not going to pre-order it. I don’t see $50 worth of content.

and packaging it with gw2 core just seems wrong. Throughout my years of buying mmos, expansions are normally 30-40, and combo packs are 50. Your just forcing a combo pack on us.

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

From someone who had being playing since early betas, n used the cash shop frequently. good luck with this x pac but I’ll rather support a different company who deserves it more

Posted by: Abdulmaelik.8964

Abdulmaelik.8964

Patience guys. Anet will adjust the price for the vets. Just dont pre order this overpriced and unfair expansion. Some vets will waste their money on the pre ordered expansion but on release day there will be an expansion only price, cheaper than this nonsense, because Anet now wants to milk the pre order gw2 fanatics. The intelligent gw2 players are too many for Anet to throw away.

(edited by Abdulmaelik.8964)

Ayrilana.1396

Patience guys. Anet will adjust the price for the vets. Just dont pre order this overpriced and unfair expansion. Some vets will waste their money on the pre ordered expansion but on release day there will be an expansion only price, cheaper than this nonsense, because Anet now wants to milk the pre order gw2 fanatics. The intelligent gw2 players are too many for Anet to throw away.

Source?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Sooo……. I haven’t kept up with this and it’s probably been asked, but I’m curious now.

On the purchase page it says “Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)”. It doesn’t say the core game is only for new players, it just says that the core game is included.

Sooo…… where is my second account with a free copy of the core game? I paid for HoT and am supposed to get a free copy of GW2 as well. But all I got was HoT. I didn’t get my free copy of GW2.

So is this considered false advertising? Rather confused about this now.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Kityn.8247

No expansion has ever had more content than its core game as far as I know. The core game did come with plenty of character slots but not enough to have one of each class. Unlike a new game, an expansion is just adding onto the existing game so there’s no obligation to include free character slots.

I have yet to see anyone present an argument with strong evidence that it required to be included. Many have brought up GW1 except those were standalone campaigns.

Any expansion you buy that has a new profession/race you should not have to pay extra to play that content. That should be included in the original price of $50. Vets who do not prepurchase will have to fork over $60 minimum to play content that originally cost $50. That is wrong wrong wrong. It’s like having to pay a $10 entrance fee to a dungeon/story that came with the expansion but you can’t play it unless you pay that $10.

(edited by Kityn.8247)

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

can i just not get a crappy expansion…because after this last patch i don’t know if thats possible

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

The price is precisely why I’m not getting Heart of Thorns. Period. In fact, I’ve gone back to Guild Wars 1 because of it.

Factions and Nightfall weren’t $50 bucks back then, they were $30, and EOTN was $25. You guys built a successful game off of the back of that business model, I don’t know why you didn’t stand your ground against NCSoft with this game.

Its not even Rose-tinted Nostalgia Goggles anymore, I quite seriously believe Guild Wars 1 was a better game, even now that its essentially on life support.

It took 3 years to reach this point and now that its here, I don’t want it; paying 50 bucks for less than what I’m about to get for free from BWA is ludicrous, and worse — its EA that’s giving me the bigger bang for my buck, Electronic Arts of all companies.

At this rate, it’ll take 15 years to get through all of the Elder Dragons and get to the content I’m looking forward to, Cantha and Elona. I’ll be 40 by then, I don’t have that kind of time ArenaNet.

That’s even assuming I can stay invested in the game. The Meta is stagnant in my favorite part of the game. “Zerker or Assassin, if you’re neither you can keep on walking.” There’s been 1 new addition to Dungeoning in that time, in the form of the single most elitist and toxic playerbase I’ve seen to this date. Fractals.

The Strategies in PVE currently are even more boring than the Trinity that the game claimed to get away from, but you can’t get away from it. Even Guild Wars 1 had a Tank, Healer, and DPS role (Puller, Damage, Support/Prot/Healer)

I spent $130 this month on one of your products ArenaNet, and it was buying Guild Wars 1 for a friend of mine and how it is currently rather proves that some attention can revive that game — because certainly 3 years of a stagnant sequel has.

Every single person I speak to in Guild Wars 1 is there because they felt it was the superior title. 15 New people have joined the Alliance I’m in this week. While its not massive its indicative of this, and I really don’t enjoy it.

Guild Wars 2 is a slow dying failure, and philandering with the Preorder of its first Xpack isn’t helping it. You know the acceptable price of the Expansion Pack, and its what you should be charging.

IndigoSundown.5419

FYI, Factions and Nightfall were $49.99 when first released. EotN was $39.99. If you got them for $30 and $25, respectively, you got them later, on sale. Doubtless, HoT will go on sale at some later point also.

Malitias.8453

Source?

Common sense

Malitias.8453

FYI, Factions and Nightfall were $49.99 when first released. EotN was $39.99. If you got them for $30 and $25, respectively, you got them later, on sale. Doubtless, HoT will go on sale at some later point also.

Those included additional character slots and essentially were a game of their own.
You still got something if you already had another one of these games.

Ayrilana.1396

Any expansion you buy that has a new profession/race you should not have to pay extra to play that content. That should be included in the original price of $50. Vets who do not prepurchase will have to fork over $60 minimum to play content that originally cost $50. That is wrong wrong wrong. It’s like having to pay a $10 entrance fee to a dungeon/story that came with the expansion but you can’t play it unless you pay that $10.

I disagree with you adding the extra $10 for almost the same reasons as you trying to tack on another $20+ earlier. The $10 extra charge is by player choice so you cannot include it.

It also will not affect all veteran players so including it would be misleading. Players have from now until the day of the expansion’s release to pre-purchase the expansion and get the bonus character slot. You can be certain the majority of veterans will have bought the expansion during that window as is the case with other expansions. There may also be some that have not used up all of their slots. Those that choose to forgo the bonus, and wait until after the release of the expansion, have themselves to blame for needing to spend extra money to get an additional character slot.

Source?

Common sense

No. You’re only saying it;s common sense because you made up all of that without any proof and thus are unable to provide sources.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

You might be right, but I think I’m now to the point where it doesn’t matter any more. They had a chance to make things right when the first wave of pitchforks and torches arose, and they chose to simply leverage it as an opportunity to pressure people to pre-purchase.

I think my loyalty to this company has suffered from what can best be described as the “death by a thousand cuts” syndrome. It feels to me that I can nearly always rely on them to either:

A) Ignore an issue entirely
B) Communicate, but only in the vaguest possible way while admitting no mistakes; OR
C) Choose a course of action that offers the least possible benefit to players in order to drive up gem store sales.

To the eyes/ears at ANet:

I played GW1 for years (including Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North). I enthusiastically pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 (because I wanted to, not because I was being manipulated by the threat of losing out on basic game features like character slots), and I have made gem store purchases. And I would have spent many, many more dollars if I had been treated as a valued customer.

But now I’m tired. I’m tired of only getting communication and/or action when the community is in an uproar. We shouldn’t have to rely on such aggressive tactics to receive even the most basic customer service. I honestly resent that you seem to expect us to fight for your scraps. It’s exhausting, and I’m over it.

So you know what, guys? Keep that precious ten dollar character slot, the sale of which is obviously so important to the very survival of your company. And I’ll just keep the fifty dollars that I had planned to spend on HoT, as well as any money I would have spent on gem store purchases and any future expansions. I don’t really see how that works out better for you, mathematically speaking, but I’m sure you know best.

(edited by minbariguy.7504)

Kityn.8247

I disagree with you adding the extra $10 for almost the same reasons as you trying to tack on another $20+ earlier. The $10 extra charge is by player choice so you cannot include it.

It also will not affect all veteran players so including it would be misleading. Players have from now until the day of the expansion’s release to pre-purchase the expansion and get the bonus character slot. You can be certain the majority of veterans will have bought the expansion during that window as is the case with other expansions. There may also be some that have not used up all of their slots. Those that choose to forgo the bonus, and wait until after the release of the expansion, have themselves to blame for needing to spend extra money to get an additional character slot.

Source?

Common sense

No. You’re only saying it;s common sense because you made up all of that without any proof and thus are unable to provide sources.

Well we can agree about disagreeing on this matter. I for one feel that without at least 1 additional character slot that paying $50 is not a decent deal for me to shell out.

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

Still not buying. Refunded my second account. Would refund 1st account if they allowed it. Doing like 2-3 spvp matches a day. GG

Posted by: AsyilionV.3681

AsyilionV.3681

What.The.Dope. Seriously , why do owners of guild wars 2 have to buy guild wars 2 again just to get HoT? I already gave 50$ , the game is STILL sold separately ( Anet should know that , they MAKE it ) , and the current money-leeching policy is a real stain on their reputation , not to mention devastating for us , consumers , who actually trusted them. Why can’t it be like every other sane expansion pack for a sane price of 15-20$?

Posted by: Titus.7256

Titus.7256

I tend to play GW2 every so often but at this price tag and with it including the game I’ve already paid for I won’t be getting the expansion unless the price drops considerably. I don’t expect to have to buy a game again in order to play the expansion.

Posted by: BanitO.4361

BanitO.4361

Have to disagree that the inclusion of the base game as a “free bonus” is going to benefit new players. How does a new player know they want HoT if they haven’t even played GW2 before? It makes more sense to discount GW2 permanently to about $20 to make it cheap for someone to get into the game. Then they can decide for themselves if they want to keep playing and upgrade to the expansion. Also lets not forget that if someone were to jump straight into HoT content without doing the personal story and the living story they would have no idea what is going on.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Still not buying. Refunded my second account. Would refund 1st account if they allowed it. Doing like 2-3 spvp matches a day. GG

The removed the hotjoin option this weekend… not sure if permanently so, but if it is, that’s the last straw really.

Posted by: Pastafarian.1642

Pastafarian.1642

They kittened up wvw they kittened up pvp what is left for a veteran? nothing. Patch ruined the game gl anet you will need it. Expansion wont save this.

Moving on…

Not a HoT copy owner

(edited by Pastafarian.1642)

Ayrilana.1396

Have to disagree that the inclusion of the base game as a “free bonus” is going to benefit new players. How does a new player know they want HoT if they haven’t even played GW2 before? It makes more sense to discount GW2 permanently to about $20 to make it cheap for someone to get into the game. Then they can decide for themselves if they want to keep playing and upgrade to the expansion. Also lets not forget that if someone were to jump straight into HoT content without doing the personal story and the living story they would have no idea what is going on.

You’re thinking like a current player than a new one.

Posted by: GFRikku.2983

GFRikku.2983

just to clarify, the $49.99 / €44.99 / £34.99 is the price of the expansion only, thats right you pay big money for an expansion, almost as much as the core game itself, the price wont drop once the deal is over, they will exclude the free core game deal and the price will stay at $49.99 / €44.99 / £34.99. it is way too high in my opinion for a expansion, the price would have made more sense if it was a game standing on its own like factions did with the nightfall and prophecies. They were all 3 core games and didnt need the other to be present, now the HoT expansion needs GW2 core in order to play. This is just looking like a poor attempt to milk all the cash out of the loyal players. A person who doesnt care about his money will buy it, but a person who wants to make sure his money will be well spend will have second thoughts and he’s more than right. We are no brainless people, sadly we are being ignored from all sides trying to ask for explanation and to request if they could drop the prices for loyal players or for the whole expansion. They will gain less per purchase if they drop prices, yes. But the amount of purchases will increase and i’m sure you will make more money at the end that way.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

just to clarify, the $49.99 / €44.99 / £34.99 is the price of the expansion only, thats right you pay big money for an expansion, almost as much as the core game itself, the price wont drop once the deal is over, they will exclude the free core game deal and the price will stay at $49.99 / €44.99 / £34.99. it is way too high in my opinion for a expansion, the price would have made more sense if it was a game standing on its own like factions did with the nightfall and prophecies. They were all 3 core games and didnt need the other to be present, now the HoT expansion needs GW2 core in order to play. This is just looking like a poor attempt to milk all the cash out of the loyal players. A person who doesnt care about his money will buy it, but a person who wants to make sure his money will be well spend will have second thoughts and he’s more than right. We are no brainless people, sadly we are being ignored from all sides trying to ask for explanation and to request if they could drop the prices for loyal players or for the whole expansion. They will gain less per purchase if they drop prices, yes. But the amount of purchases will increase and i’m sure you will make more money at the end that way.

I would be inclined to agree with you but for the pesky fact that GW2 has no subscription fees. When you consider how much money people pay monthly to this very day to play WoW, I don’t find Anet’s business model to be unreasonable at all. I recognize that this is a difference of opinion between us, and I’m okay with that. But as surely as GW2 is in it to make money, players are going to want as much as they can get for as little as they have to pay. Economics cuts both ways.

Posted by: DarkSouled.3854

DarkSouled.3854

The removed the hotjoin option this weekend… not sure if permanently so, but if it is, that’s the last straw really.

Erm the option to hotjoin is still there the buttons just deactivated for the moment… can join thru the list menu on the pvp tab as usual

Dark Souled Mes [TSR]
lvl 80 Mesmer, Ele, Guardian and Engi
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol regardless. The only reason I bought Gw2 was because of it having no subscription fees. Otherwise, they wouldn’t get any money from me or players like me because some subscription games are much better than Gw2. I guarantee allot of people won’t buy the expansion. Instead, they will wait till the price goes down or better content is released worth buying.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Lol regardless. The only reason I bought Gw2 was because of it having no subscription fees. Otherwise, they wouldn’t get any money from me or players like me because some subscription games are much better than Gw2. I guarantee allot of people won’t buy the expansion. Instead, they will wait till the price goes down or better content is released worth buying.

I don’t know what you expected from a game that you haven’t even given a chance. There are a lot of good single player games out there, maybe try some of them?

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I haven’t said anything about this before. At first I raised my eyebrow about bundling the core game into this expansion. But, as time has been going by, it’s becoming more and more troublesome for me. I should not have had to pay so much for the ultimate expansion. I should not have had to pay for the core game to be included in it.

I think that veteran players should receive gems from anet to compensate us for the unnecessarily high cost of the expansion.

New players are getting both the game and the expansion for the price of the expansion. I remember paying $60 for the game when it was first released. Why do I have the cost of the core game bundled into the expansion?

It’s so unfair and I’m so disappointed about this. They seriously take their veteran players for granted.

IndigoSundown.5419

Complain all you want about HoT lacking value-for-cost for you. However, stop betraying your ignorance about how business works by insisting that the price has been jacked up by the inclusion of the core game. All this does is focus attention on the wrong thing.

ANet has set a price for HoT. In order to stimulate HoT sales, they’ve made core GW2 FREE TO PLAY as part of the package. However, they’re doing this in a way that denies gold sellers and other abusers an infinite supply of accounts. ANet won’t admit this, because going F2P is often presented as a sign that a game has failed. Economically, though, that’s exactly what they’re doing.

So, let’s say that focusing on core game inclusion prompts action by ANet. What is that action likely to be? It’s more likely that core game would be un-bundled and HoT price would still be $50 than that core would be un-bundled and HoT price would drop. Why? Because ANet as much as said so.

So, at that point we’d still be left with the question of whether HoT is worth $50.

I recommend focusing on that, rather than the red herring.

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I’ll wait until HoT expansion is fully released and wait for further decisions on this issue. Seems things are being taken into consideration.

I’ll wait and see what will ultimately be the full outcome.

(edited by Electra.7530)

Posted by: Delphyne.8091

Delphyne.8091

Looks like I’m not playing GW2 anymore.
Bought the game at launch, and this is just crazy that we’re being forced to pay this much for an expac.

Posted by: Ansatsuken.8627

Ansatsuken.8627

So, me, as a veteran player that bought the game for $60USD just got the Vanilla version of the game, right?, but now a new player is getting the core+exp for $50 USD?

…ain’t that a kick in the head?

Posted by: Duleshna.7430

Duleshna.7430

So, me, as a veteran player that bought the game for $60USD just got the Vanilla version of the game, right?, but now a new player is getting the core+exp for $50 USD?

…ain’t that a kick in the head?

Pretty much my annoyance with the Expansion as well. They really are focusing on new players and IGNORING RETURNING CUSTOMERS. A good company knows how to keep both new and old customers happy. This is not good business practise in my mind. The fairest way (in my mind) would be to offer old players something extra, if no discount. Btw, a free character slot alone sounds almost an insult. “Here. Have a bone”. Why should I want to buy something I already have? For 45€ for an expansion, that’s a lot. I am ignoring the core game bundling, because it does not matter wheter the expansion comes with it or not. The core game has no value to me. To me, it’s like I am paying EXTRA for the content that should feel like I am adding extra to the core game, right? It’s all backwards.

I am gladly going to just wait and see if ANet is going to release an expansion only pack. If not, then so what? I still have the core game to enjoy. To me, the core game still has value. Even if Anet seems to think the core game is worthless by their logic.

Current build – MM/Condition Necro: http://goo.gl/XSQmhj
Theoretical build – MM/Reaper (WIP): http://goo.gl/0Drlka

Ayrilana.1396

Price and value are not the same. Because something is priced at zero cost within a bundle marketed towards new players does not mean at has no value.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Let me get this straight as veteran player: if I pre-purchase the expansion I will get a free character slot; but if I purchase the expansion after release will I still get that free character slot?

Ayrilana.1396

Let me get this straight as veteran player: if I pre-purchase the expansion I will get a free character slot; but if I purchase the expansion after release will I still get that free character slot?

No. It’s only available between now and the release of the expansion.

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

No. We do not know what ANet will offer us for the normal edition(it might be something like the heroic edition right now or like the standard edition at the begining), but the char slot is probably a pre-purchase bonus so it probably won’t transfer after release.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Is it because World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor is $50? There aren’t that many expansions for games that sell for $50. Usual pricing for expansions are around $20-$30 usd. I thought Arenanet strives to innovate????

Considering what HoT is going to give us as far as content $50 is too much. Sounds like Anet is giving in to power creep. Players who buy HoT will be given an extra weapon set for each profession and 1 extra specialization to choose from…. That seems like a barrier there for players who do not get HoT.

Anet plans to sell each future expansions probably at this absurd price with the inclusion of previous expansions and core game….. Hell that is a great deal if you buy the game when the last expansion for GW2 is being sold.

Why not go the EA route like the Battlefield series…..? The premium pack. $50 for all current DLC and any future DLC.

Anet should have never made an expansion because its just going to separate the player base. The price tag is so ridiculous and it will turn down customers, I have already heard many say do not buy this. It pretty much screws all players who bought the game at launch, since all veteran players get is an extra player slot. Goodbye veteran player loyalty.

Yes I can afford spending $50. No HoT is not worth $50, because I know a little something about value.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)