HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s 40 hero challenges within HoT. Even less if you currently have excess hero points. Not a big deal…

No it’s not a big deal to you, it’s a rather large deal to everyone who disagrees, which is the majority. (at least in the forum world)

Hey look, Random is making up random stats. That’s not actually random at all, and is to be entirely expected.

Is it, I’ll invite you to go count the negative posts vs the positive posts over in that angry thread. Good Luck have fun, consider it practice for farming those HP.

Wow, post counts, meaningful… wait, no it’s not.

Also, I don’t farm HPs, I just do them, or I don’t.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Would you prefer they lock being able to use the specialization at all behind masteries and other content? That’s how it was supposed to be, in their original plans you would need to be level 80 and have done all the hero challenges in Tyria to be able to fully unlock the core class. People complained that it was too much work so they made so that you could unlock everything by being level 80. Then people complained that they were forced to play PvE to unlock elite specs so we got a method of doing so through WvW. Now we are complaining that we only get access to half the elite specializations within seconds after launch? Quite frankly Anet should stick to their guns on this one because if they just hand over everything then what’s the point? I completely expected I would have to make some progress through HoT before I could even start unlocking the elite specializations so this is a bonus as far as I’m concerned.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

It’s 40 hero challenges within HoT. Even less if you currently have excess hero points. Not a big deal…

No it’s not a big deal to you, it’s a rather large deal to everyone who disagrees, which is the majority. (at least in the forum world)

Hey look, Random is making up random stats. That’s not actually random at all, and is to be entirely expected.

Is it, I’ll invite you to go count the negative posts vs the positive posts over in that angry thread. Good Luck have fun, consider it practice for farming those HP.

Actually, as the person who claims the statistic, the onus is on you to prove it. So, YOU have fun doing YOUR homework.

Or don’t. Whatever. I ain’t your parole officer. -Sid

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Would you prefer they lock being able to use the specialization at all behind masteries and other content? That’s how it was supposed to be, in their original plans you would need to be level 80 and have done all the hero challenges in Tyria to be able to fully unlock the core class. People complained that it was too much work so they made so that you could unlock everything by being level 80. Then people complained that they were forced to play PvE to unlock elite specs so we got a method of doing so through WvW. Now we are complaining that we only get access to half the elite specializations within seconds after launch? Quite frankly Anet should stick to their guns on this one because if they just hand over everything then what’s the point? I completely expected I would have to make some progress through HoT before I could even start unlocking the elite specializations so this is a bonus as far as I’m concerned.

I for one would like elites to be locked behind masteries, because masteries are account bound. But that’s me.

I won’t have any of this on day one anyway since I’ll be doing halloween.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Here is my take on it… for all intents and purposes originally Anet made it sound as if we would get to use elites day 1. Then they said unlock via HP… then silence. NO ONE could have imagined the staggering 400 HP number that got bomb shelled on us today. Counterpoints have been it’s just 40 HP in Maguuma… How many of those you think are locked behind masteries? It could ve a couple of weeks if not more before some people get to play the elites they thought they paid for.

ANet did no such thing. They said Elites are a thing. -how do we get them? We’re changing skill points into hero points, but you won’t be able to fully spec out with HP from leveling, you’ll need to earn the rest by doing the ones in the world. Then you need to do HPs in HoT to get the stuff for elites. -we don’t want to. Ok fine, you can have a full spec from just leveling, but you’ll still have to do HoT stuff to get elites. -COOL, we get to be fully decked out and elite just by leveling to 80! crickets

That’s pretty much how that went. I know it can be hard to remember conversations from half a year ago, but that was the information we actually got.

1) source

2) god forbid anyone would want to play through the new content on their new elite first… that would be totally illogical…

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Contact support. Threads like this will just stir up feuds.

GW2 is making people work within the expansion to get their Specializations? Oh, the horror!

The expansion is supposed to help out with the lacking-end-game-content that many people feel GW2 has currently. If specializations need to be unlocked, it is just one more thing end-gamers have to work towards in end-game content. I would hate to be given the Specialization right off the bat, to be honest.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Sidenti.6035

Ever wonder if that’s the intent behind some of these complaints? Or am I the only one that cynical? XD

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Because 40 HoT hero challenges requires too much effort?

It does if most of them will require masteries already.

The first tier of gliding and mushroom jumping.

I wont be surprised if next maps are locked behind masteries. That might means more than first tier.

I’d take a look at what the other tiers do. It’s highly unlikely maps will be locked out by masteries above the first tier. I wouldn’t be surprised if sections of a map were blocked off though.

“Learn to enter ley-line energy flows while gliding to be moved along with the flow, gaining access to otherwise inaccessible places.”

We will see in 2 days

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Actually, as the person who claims the statistic, the onus is on you to prove it. So, YOU have fun doing YOUR homework.

It’s not on me at all, I’m aware of the answer, you have the option to believe or not believe, but if you want to disprove then I’m afraid that onus is on you.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wont be surprised if next maps are locked behind masteries. That might means more than first tier.

I’d take a look at what the other tiers do. It’s highly unlikely maps will be locked out by masteries above the first tier. I wouldn’t be surprised if sections of a map were blocked off though.

“Learn to enter ley-line energy flows while gliding to be moved along with the flow, gaining access to otherwise inaccessible places.”

We will see in 2 days

Yes but those high tiered masteries seem more like hidden areas and such. Not something preventing access to maps.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ever wonder if that’s the intent behind some of these complaints? Or am I the only one that cynical? XD

No, it’s pretty clear the intent of the OP is to stir up feuds.

It’s called baiting. It’s a classic technique for trolling.

I’m doubtful that the OP actually wants that refund. If the OP did, they would have gone directly to support.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Sidenti.6035

It’s not on me at all, I’m aware of the answer, you have the option to believe or not believe, but if you want to disprove then I’m afraid that onus is on you.

What? XD In what reality does that make any sense? YOU spouted the statistic, YOU got challenged, YOU have nothing to back it up.

So, disbelieve. What do you think this is? Church? Unless you can turn water into wine, you need something backing up your claims. Otherwise, they’re just empty air. -Sid

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

As far as I know, we don’t know if that is true. How ‘bad’ this is really depends largely on how much is required to actually access the hero challenges.

I do think that 40 isn’t a bad number, but it’s certainly rather tedious when you look at the bigger picture and consider multiple characters. What I don’t care for is the the inflated numbers of 400 points and having HoT’s challenges being worth 10x what a core game challenge is. It’s a really cheap way of trying to make HoT’s content seem “more rewarding”, while at the same devaluing core game content.

What I see as a real grind that isn’t acceptable is obtaining this in wvw. It’s not clearly stated, but I’m guessing a Proof of Heroics is given at the rate of 1 per rank. Which would mean unlocking a spec for a single character needs 200 ranks/proofs, as well as 6000 badges per character. That’s not what I would call a viable alternative to 40 pve hero challenges.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Just so people know, you only need 60 points to get into elite specs. while it unknown how much to unlock just using elite skill, each Jungle HP is worth 10. I wish if people complain about one thing, they at least put in the other info to not make it seem worst then it is.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Just so people know, you only need 60 points to get into elite specs. while it unknown how much to unlock just using elite skill, each Jungle HP is worth 10. I wish if people complain about one thing, they at least put in the other info to not make it seem worst then it is.

If the unlocks are setup like the other specs (which they most likely are), that 60 points isn’t going to get you much. You’ll have a new weapon, your first minor trait, and maybe a major adept trait. I don’t think the elites will be worth using until you have at least one useful grandmaster trait unlocked. You’re really gimping yourself by rushing to use it while most of the traits are still locked.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

For all you who complain about the price of heart of thorn! Here is what I have to say! The game is not expensive, and to be honest I have no problem paying 100 dollars for it!
Think about it once u buy the game you are going to spend at least 1000 hours playing through all the content, and if you calculate it in terms of movie ticket, an 50 dollar worth of movie ticket will only give you an enjoyment of at most 10 hours of film.
Inclusion to all those who complain about it being too expensive I say go get a job and work!

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

People are just entitled here because there’s an overabundance of casuals.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Maybe people should speak for their own financial circumstances rather than attempting to comment, in ignorance of relevant facts, on others’?

The one to Rule.2593

He did speak for his own circumstances. I mean people here just seem to want everything for free. That’s not how the world works. You don’t get to have no subscription fees and get cheaper content at the same time. If you had been paying fee’s it’d cost far more than the xpac.

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

It’s content light, and shipping feature incomplete. $50 is too much for that, period. No matter how you try to justify it.

The one to Rule.2593

I guess the last 3 years of free play which no other MMO on this scale does, means nothing then. I disagree it’s content light, feels pretty content heavy to me. Either way, that’s just subjective.

Ashen.2907

He did speak for his own circumstances.

She also spoke of other people’s circumstances. If she had spoken only of how it was not expensive for her that would be one thing. Telling others to get a job is something else.

Personally I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a game that I feel is worth it. I spent in the neighborhood of a thousand dollars in the months following GW2’s launch.

I would consider HoT to be too expensive if priced at anything above $0. This is not because I am unwilling to spend money. It is purely because what has been announced as included in the price of the expansion is without worth to me.

I guess the last 3 years of free play

I paid for every minute of that, “free,” play. Until very recently so did everyone else.

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I feel 50 is a bit too much. 40 would have been the sweet spot.

The one to Rule.2593

She also spoke of other people’s circumstances. If she had spoken only of how it was not expensive for her that would be one thing. Telling others to get a job is something else.

Personally I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a game that I feel is worth it. I spent in the neighborhood of a thousand dollars in the months following GW2’s launch.

I would consider HoT to be too expensive if priced at anything above $0. This is not because I am unwilling to spend money. It is purely because what has been announced as included in the price of the expansion is without worth to me.

I paid for every minute of that, “free,” play. Until very recently so did everyone else.

Except that you really didn’t you paid 50-60$ for the base game. The no subscription fee is what allowed you to enjoy all that time for no extra cost. Every other major MMO on the market has a subscription fee. Had this been WOW, you’d have paid that for the base game, 15 dollars a month as well as 20-40 dollars for each new expansion. Add up 10-15$ a month for this game over 3 years n get back to me. Even at 10$ the cost is far more.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

How did you manage to spend $1000 on outfits but think $50 is too much for extra story, pve maps, raids and specs? (plus all the extra bits)

Ashen.2907

Except that you really didn’t you paid 50-60$ for the base game.

I paid more than $50-60.

I paid to access the game for as long as it existed. Great deal. Phenomenal entertainment value. Every minute paid for. None of it was free.

Now there were no mandatory additional costs beyond that initial purchase. Didn’t stop me from spending a grand in the first few months post launch. But until P4F was launched none of it was free. It was all paid for in advance, at the time of the initial purchase.

A real easy way to tell is a little imagination exercise:

Pretend it is 2012.
Try to imagine what would happen if you tried to play GW2 without paying for it.

Pretend it is 2013.
Try to imagine what would happen if you tried to play GW2 without paying for it.

Pretend it is 2014.

Pretend it is 2015 (pre P4F launch).

The one to Rule.2593

K you spent a grand on things you didn’t have to spend a grand on, that’s your own choice and is completely irrelevant to the cost of the expansion.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Except that you really didn’t you paid 50-60$ for the base game. The no subscription fee is what allowed you to enjoy all that time for no extra cost. Every other major MMO on the market has a subscription fee. Had this been WOW, you’d have paid that for the base game, 15 dollars a month as well as 20-40 dollars for each new expansion. Add up 10-15$ a month for this game over 3 years n get back to me. Even at 10$ the cost is far more.

Actually, if this game had a subscription, I never would’ve paid the $40 for the base game, or the $15 for my second account. I never would’ve spent money in the gem store.

This argument that content updates are somehow special and should be treated as extra value is the worst kind of straw man argument. The base game was sold with the expectation (based on actual statements from the company) that it would be regularly updated in order to, you know, keep the players playing. ANET didn’t do us some random charity with their updates- it was part of a business plan.

Just stop acting like the updates to an MMO should be factored into the cost of an expansion. The way I see it? It’s the cost of keeping players interested and engaged.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Ashen.2907

How did you manage to spend $1000 on outfits but think $50 is too much for extra story, pve maps, raids and specs? (plus all the extra bits)

I liked what I bought but do not find the announced HoT elements to be of interest.

I disliked the LS story. As much as I love the core gameplay of GW2 LS2 almost convinced me to uninstall. Who knows perhaps HoT’s story won’t be complete garbage.

Anet have announced that the HoT maps will focus on verticality. Not my cup of tea. Add in commentary about navigation difficulties for the colorblind and my interest in the jungle maps is further reduced. Other elements such as the mushrooms and gliders are also off-putting for me.

Never have raided. Closest I’ve come is things like the Deep or Urgoz in GW1. Most of my friends have quit GW2. Buying an expansion for group content when the people you like playing with won’t be there would be silly IMO.

I tend to focus on a single main character. Play him for thousands of hours. Experiment with builds, kill untold thousands of mobs, generally just have fun with the combat system. Specifically a main Ranger. Druid has no appeal for me. I do have several 80’s but no real interest in developing them into a new spec.

I must admit to being surprised by the quoted question. It is comparable, to me, to asking, “how can you be willing to spend $1000 on your favorite foods but not $50 on foods you actively dislike.”

Paying $50 for something that you find uninteresting or actively distasteful seems more off than anything else IMO.

For what it is worth, I have never bought an outfit.

The one to Rule.2593

Actually, if this game had a subscription, I never would’ve paid the $40 for the base game, or the $15 for my second account. I never would’ve spent money in the gem store.

This argument that content updates are somehow special and should be treated as extra value is the worst kind of straw man argument. The base game was sold with the expectation (based on actual statements from the company) that it would be regularly updated in order to, you know, keep the players playing. ANET didn’t do us some random charity with their updates- it was part of a business plan.

Just stop acting like the updates to an MMO should be factored into the cost of an expansion. The way I see it? It’s the cost of keeping players interested and engaged.

Acting? It’s called reality buddy, Anet is a business, businesses are in it for money. The fact that you personally wouldn’t have bought the base game and are using that as an example is a strawman in and of itself. Many still would have.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Acting? It’s called reality buddy, Anet is a business, businesses are in it for money. The fact that you personally wouldn’t have bought the base game and are using that as an example is a strawman in and of itself. Many still would have.

Do you even hear yourself? I literally just said that ANET is a business. What you’re ignoring is that the content updates and the decision not to have a subscription fee were both business decisions. The expansion should stand on its own merit, not on what ANET did to retain their players in the first place. Here, read this if you think you can handle some logic. It has a quote from ANET in it that supports my position, including the words: “You don’t just launch a box and be done with it.”

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I liked what I bought but do not find the announced HoT elements to be of interest.

I disliked the LS story. As much as I love the core gameplay of GW2 LS2 almost convinced me to uninstall. Who knows perhaps HoT’s story won’t be complete garbage.

Anet have announced that the HoT maps will focus on verticality. Not my cup of tea. Add in commentary about navigation difficulties for the colorblind and my interest in the jungle maps is further reduced. Other elements such as the mushrooms and gliders are also off-putting for me.

Never have raided. Closest I’ve come is things like the Deep or Urgoz in GW1. Most of my friends have quit GW2. Buying an expansion for group content when the people you like playing with won’t be there would be silly IMO.

I tend to focus on a single main character. Play him for thousands of hours. Experiment with builds, kill untold thousands of mobs, generally just have fun with the combat system. Specifically a main Ranger. Druid has no appeal for me. I do have several 80’s but no real interest in developing them into a new spec.

I must admit to being surprised by the quoted question. It is comparable, to me, to asking, “how can you be willing to spend $1000 on your favorite foods but not $50 on foods you actively dislike.”

Paying $50 for something that you find uninteresting or actively distasteful seems more off than anything else IMO.

For what it is worth, I have never bought an outfit.

Its your money, just you have a very different way of measuring to me – especially since gemstore items could all have been bought with in game gold and they didn’t improve the game in anyway (besides cosmetics), while the expansion would give you whole new things to do and see (plus new skins if thats what you like).

If the expansion only provided 5% of the enjoyment you got out of your gemstore purchases in the first few months it would still be on par with your purchases and worth it. I think you’re missing out – still time to get that free char slot too

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

Complainers complain, then complainers about complainers complain, then complainers about complainers about complainers complain. Never ending.

The one to Rule.2593

Do you even hear yourself? I literally just said that ANET is a business. What you’re ignoring is that the content updates and the decision not to have a subscription fee were both business decisions. The expansion should stand on its own merit, not on what ANET did to retain their players in the first place. Here, read this if you think you can handle some logic. It has a quote from ANET in it that supports my position, including the words: “You don’t just launch a box and be done with it.”

the expansion should count on its own merit? it’s like you have never played games that offer expansions before. they are a suppliment to an existing game. not a standalone game. Quotes from Anet really mean nothing at this point, how many times have they gone back on their word now?

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

There’s one thing I don’t understand.
Same price for newcomers and GW2 owners? Really?
Why do you call that UPGRADE if it’s the same as buying a new game?

Either give us an option of real upgrading with discount or put your kitten “upgrade” into your kitten kitten kitten. Simple as that.

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

This debate AGAIN? We’ve been through this a few months before, when the pre-purchase prices first came out.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

I really really doubt it has enough content for 1000 hours.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

So someone sells me a jewel for $60 that usually goes for $300.

A while later, the seller offers to sell me a nice chain to wear the jewel on for $50. I respond that it looks like it’s really only a $25 chain.

And some people here would come and argue that because the jewel was such a good deal, I should just plunk down my $50.

What kind of free-love utopia are you all living in?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

I really really doubt it has enough content for 1000 hours.

It doesn’t have to. It only costs $50 afterall.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Just don’t buy it if you don’t value it at it’s current price, not to mention you can already get it cheaper than £35 by at least £10 already.

Wait for it to drop then re-evalute the price to your needs, this is your power as a consumer. They have no claim to your money and don’t go throwing away that power just because you can pre-order, they’re not running out of copies any time soon.

My personal valuation of the content I would use during HoT is £15, so I will wait until I can get it for that, at this rate I’m £7 off that mark.

Ashen.2907

Its your money, just you have a very different way of measuring to me – especially since gemstore items could all have been bought with in game gold and they didn’t improve the game in anyway (besides cosmetics), while the expansion would give you whole new things to do and see (plus new skins if thats what you like).

If the expansion only provided 5% of the enjoyment you got out of your gemstore purchases in the first few months it would still be on par with your purchases and worth it. I think you’re missing out – still time to get that free char slot too

Its pretty straight forward to me. I spend my money on things I want and like. I avoid spending money on things I don’t want, don’t like, or actively dislike.

I find the logic of, “you spent $1000 on things you want and like so you are missing out by not spending $50 on something you do not want or like,” to be odd.

Spending $50 on something that I do not want, that I do not like, that I would not use, would be a very expensive, “free,” character slot. Plus I have not used all of my existing character slots.

I am, however, glad that others find value in the expansion. It increases the likelihood that Anet will develop another, eventually.

Posted by: geekgirlonezeroone.1793

geekgirlonezeroone.1793

After what I saw in the beta I don’t know what to think. I didn’t get to try it for long as I left it very late due to finances. I didn’t get to see the raids as they were broken when I tried it. Is it worth the price tag? I’m not sure if £35 is a justifiable price tag. Perhaps £25, I honestly don’t know. I wish I gave myself more time to decide.

But I definitely believe bundling it with the base game for the same price was not a cool decision, very suspicious, and screams “scam” to all those who owned the game from the beginning. That’s how I feel about the ordeal of bundling the expansion with the base game.

Being a mesmer at a jumping puzzle has a lot of oops and downs.

Posted by: Mad Dog Fargo.7543

Mad Dog Fargo.7543

Contacted support and now I am even more confused and also a little irritated.

GM Daystar was kind enough to reply. But he made it that there are no freebies or anything for those who already own the existing game.

“…If you purchase a Deluxe or Ultimate Edition of Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns you will get an additional character slot, if you don’t want the additional character slot you can purchase the Standard Edition. Please be informed that we don’t give any discounts or special offers to those players that already have the Guild Wars 2 Core game. Please make sure to visit our website for the latest news and other information….”

Basically, if I understand things correctly…

They are giving away the complete core game for free with the HoT expansion.
If you already have the core game, you pay the same price, but get only the expansion.
You can’t defend your homeland in WvW anymore unless you pay for HoT to play on the new BL maps.

Is this true, or am I misunderstanding what’s being given away for free and the restrictions on WvW BLs?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Contacted support and now I am even more confused and also a little irritated.

GM Daystar was kind enough to reply. But he made it that there are no freebies or anything for those who already own the existing game.

“…If you purchase a Deluxe or Ultimate Edition of Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns you will get an additional character slot, if you don’t want the additional character slot you can purchase the Standard Edition. Please be informed that we don’t give any discounts or special offers to those players that already have the Guild Wars 2 Core game. Please make sure to visit our website for the latest news and other information….”

Basically, if I understand things correctly…

They are giving away the complete core game for free with the HoT expansion.
If you already have the core game, you pay the same price, but get only the expansion.
You can’t defend your homeland in WvW anymore unless you pay for HoT to play on the new BL maps.

Is this true, or am I misunderstanding what’s being given away for free and the restrictions on WvW BLs?

You are misunderstanding. Everyone can play on the new Borderland maps, as long as they meet the requirements (Play4Free must be L60).

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Based on everything I have read – frustrations with the vertical design, empty zones, players asking for a refund and so on and so on…

…Looks like HoT wouldn’t be worth even the $10 that DLCs like it usually are sold for, much less the somewhat ridiculous $50,00.

Posted by: Dano.3219

Dano.3219

Well i only skimmed thru this tread, 145 pages is way to long to read all of it.

So…It really bugs me that as someone who purchased the og GW2 that i get no perks for buy HoT. No new character slots, no discount no nothin. I understand all the arguments, but frankly i think theyre pretty much bunk.

Now for my question; if i purchase HoT, i can make that an entirely new account right? So i’ll have one full account without the expansion and one with it (10 character slots in total), so i’ll just use the non expansion account basically as a massive bank, and start fresh.

I can do that right? Since i’ll be buying the whole og GW2 all over again in my expansion purchase

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well i only skimmed thru this tread, 145 pages is way to long to read all of it.

So…It really bugs me that as someone who purchased the og GW2 that i get no perks for buy HoT. No new character slots, no discount no nothin. I understand all the arguments, but frankly i think theyre pretty much bunk.

Now for my question; if i purchase HoT, i can make that an entirely new account right? So i’ll have one full account without the expansion and one with it (10 character slots in total), so i’ll just use the non expansion account basically as a massive bank, and start fresh.

I can do that right? Since i’ll be buying the whole og GW2 all over again in my expansion purchase

Yes, if you want to turn your original account into a storage account and start over on a brand new account, you can. You’ll have a new account and it will have 5 char slots, vanilla Tyria and the expansion.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dano.3219

Dano.3219

Yes, if you want to turn your original account into a storage account and start over on a brand new account, you can. You’ll have a new account and it will have 5 char slots, vanilla Tyria and the expansion.

Can i apply the expansion to my current account and use the base game i got with it as a separate account? That would definitely be more advantageous..

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Can i apply the expansion to my current account and use the base game i got with it as a separate account? That would definitely be more advantageous..

No

Posted by: ChaoticKyubi.1067

ChaoticKyubi.1067

Been playing Gw2 for 3 years on and off again months at a time and that’s what made guild wars great for casual players, I was really looking forward to playing HoT and being able to run around the new areas and explore but charging $50 US ($68.96 AU since I’m Australian) for an expansion when the base game cost I’m assuming $70-80 US (again more in AU) when it was first released. Seems to be a bit greedy and a punch in the kitten to existing players who have been around for 3 years, and a very steep price to people who only want to explore the game casually. It would be nice to have the option of just buying the expansion itself without the base game for a cheaper price since Gw has gone F2P with limitations on it for that reason until you purchase the expansion. I was hoping to overlook other people running around as the new specializations with new gear but after a certain point that just becomes too much to tolerate especially since if you go to a zone you get a message popup saying you have a new mastery point or w/e but can’t do anything with it and so just sits there taunting you until you buy the expansion, and after a certain point even just logging in for the daily reward becomes an obligation. So i guess it’s time to say good bye to Gw until a sale or price drop.

Bye-Bye.