HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Baltov.9608

Baltov.9608

I totally agree I never come on the forums and Q.Q but this is just simply stupid I will NOT pay for the core game again

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

$49.99 is the standard price for a full expansion. For comparison, GW2’s original price was $59.99 and the deluxe was $79.99.

Heavensward is $40.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

It’s not worth it at all!

A lot of people have said now and in the past they are only willing to pay $20 for the expansion with a character slot.

Just look at the forum here now, Anet have just kittened off everyone!

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

$49.99 is the standard price for a full expansion. For comparison, GW2’s original price was $59.99 and the deluxe was $79.99.

You are not reading that they are charging for the Exp and the core game…there is no exp only option. That is what people are upset about and rightfully so.

Posted by: Phat Stackage.5329

Phat Stackage.5329

This is nothing short of an insult to every single one of those who have been loyally playing for so long. They’re giving new players the expansion practically for free in comparison!
And it’s not as if they’re offering a full game’s worth of content, either.

AGREED

Posted by: Johnnyboi.8240

Johnnyboi.8240

For those who think it only costs US $50 because it includes the core game, you should read the tooltip more closely.

It clearly states that it’s also the upgrade. New players are getting a pretty solid deal while old players who already own the core game are getting bent over.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

It kind of is a scam, because how do we know they are ever going to release an upgrade version.

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They could have an expansion-only price…’

Every other MMO in the world does this…

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

This is nothing short of an insult to every single one of those who have been loyally playing for so long. They’re giving new players the expansion practically for free in comparison!
And it’s not as if they’re offering a full game’s worth of content, either.

Get off your high horse.

Given the amount of free content they have given us since launch, this is nothing. Certainly far less than what we would have paid in total subscription costs since launch

(edited by CrimsonDX.4821)

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

$49.99 is the standard price for a full expansion. For comparison, GW2’s original price was $59.99 and the deluxe was $79.99. Whether HoT is actually worth the price of a full expansion is another question.

I’m pretty sure GW: Eye of the North was a lot cheaper than $50. HoT being this price if you already own the base game is just silly.

Plus it had the same amount of content, you got one entire new world on every expansion and a couple of char slots pluss the new classes. Here we get what a couple of maps at most?.

Nah, Eye of the North was a legit expansion and didn’t add an entire new world or character slots. Factions and Nightfall were stand-alone campaigns that were about $50. But they were not expansions like HoT or Eye of the North. HoT should still be cheaper though.

from what i understand people were willing to pay $50 for it based off how big gw1 dlcs were

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Supply and demand?

Well the demand is lower prices, so they’ll have amble supply when noone buys it at these inflated and delusional prices!!!

Posted by: Seishinkuma.3210

Seishinkuma.3210

Im hoping they do that

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I will buy it for 50 dollars, if you don’t want to that’s fine. K BYE.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Yeah I wont be buying this till they have it on sale or offer exp only price

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

I think it just allows for beta access. I think later on the Expansion will be purchaseable stand alone for cheaper, without a core copy along with it.

You didn’t have to pay for beta access in the core version of the game in 2012.

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

50$ is your expansion price. The core game being included is for new players so they don’t have to buy both.

Grow up, or get the Ultimate edition that’s a steal for all it has.

if you look at the world through the cold cynical eyes of economics we are all numbers and have no soul or voice. it is what separates us from machines

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

Semantically, Beorn is right. For all practical purposes, I’m with OP. There is no way I will pay full-game price for an expansion. I said long ago, 20, maybe as high as 30. But not 50.
This is downright insulting.

Posted by: ZenithTeam.2743

ZenithTeam.2743

+1 need Upgrade only

Posted by: Seishinkuma.3210

Seishinkuma.3210

I got my friend to get into GW 2 just recently, and to find out we both need to buy the core game again because it is included with the actual expansion? it is kitten!

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

I mean their selling you a kitten digital rock and now Tying the price with a game you already own.

the game has been on a dry spell of content since jan. with only fixes/changes to condi and traits.

Don’t you see folks your basically the new Wow drones they wanted they want you blindly eating out their hands every month hey buy our gemstore item(i know some people farm for gold for the exchange but that is not fun and why I stopped playing and sort of moved on to ffxiv) I was hoping they would turn a new leaf with hots i mean hell they finally STarted opening up to the public with what they are doing for the most parts but this is down right greedy what they have been doing.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think it just allows for beta access. I think later on the Expansion will be purchaseable stand alone for cheaper, without a core copy along with it.

That’s the ridiculous thing, why would anyone but a current GW2 player preorder the expansion?

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Since the character slot only comes at the $75 level (Sory, the .99c thing is marketing fluff. It’s $50 and $75), they’re essentially charging us an extra $25 just to get a new character slot, and some fluff.

Yes, the $50 is a good deal for people who haven’t got the base game- for people who’re already here, and playing, it is awful.

(Someone elsenet suggested that it means we can all take our original purchace of GW2 and give it and the serial number to a friend so they can play… Noble, but still not the best solution.)

ETA: We have 3 people in our physical household who play- another $150 to keep playing is not small change.

(edited by Eleri Tezhme.3048)

Posted by: MCBGamer.9214

MCBGamer.9214

Basically, if this isn’t corrected in 24 hours I am gonna go ahead and stick to the games I was already playing and forget about ever picking this back up again. I said to myself back in January that I thought 30 Dollars was a good price, I will pay that for this expansion. I said to myself 40 Dollars was bad, but doable, and I said anything above 45 was off the tables for me.

You want customers to buy your product, which from what I have seen costs the same as WoD with less content than WoD (which is saying ALOT,) you should probably make it a reasonable price.

Posted by: FinnFerral.1374

FinnFerral.1374

The core game is almost 3 years old and has been on sale for dirt cheap for some time, it has depreciated and is hardly worth much to worry about now. I for sure got my moneys worth when I bought it brand new back then

Posted by: anAngryEnt.9852

anAngryEnt.9852

How are they scamming you? You might consider the price too high, and that is OK you are entitled to your opinion. But this is how markets work, supply and demand. As suppliers they are free to set any price that they feel like and you as consumer are free to decide if it is too low or too high. But it is certainly not a scam, that involves deceit and here there is none.

At this time we are unsure that they will release an upgrade only variant although this is likely, given the general public outcry over this. Currently their options force players who want the expansion to purchase a brand new account(keep in mind that only one GW1-GW2 link can be made in addition to all the hassle of moving things not to mention legendaries.).

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

from what i understand people were willing to pay $50 for it based off how big gw1 dlcs were

Yes but they came with an entire new world each(except eotn), 2 new extra clases and 2 character slots, you were litterally getting the same value of the original pluss change. Here you get a couple of zones, 1 class and that is it.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

we dont need them. THEY NEED US!

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Semantically, Beorn is right. For all practical purposes, I’m with OP. There is no way I will pay full-game price for an expansion. I said long ago, 20, maybe as high as 30. But not 50.
This is downright insulting.

This sums up most of my feelings.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Seriously? They want you to basically buy the game twice? I thought they were going to be fair about this. This is seriously changing my mind. Supporting the game is fine, but they basically want to gouge you for more money. If i give up beta access can I just have a price for a normal upgrade on my current ‘core game’?

How are they scamming you? You might consider the price too high, and that is OK you are entitled to your opinion. But this is how markets work, supply and demand. As suppliers they are free to set any price that they feel like and you as consumer are free to decide if it is too low or too high. But it is certainly not a scam, that involves deceit and here there is none.

At this time we are unsure that they will release an upgrade only variant although this is likely, given the general public outcry over this. Currently their options force players who want the expansion to purchase a brand new account(keep in mind that only one GW1-GW2 link can be made in addition to all the hassle of moving things not to mention legendaries.).

i already said that!

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

Well see ya GW2… I might as well get elder scrolls online and play with my friends on the Ps4… Why would I pay so much for a x-pac… I was waiting, but this has def done it for me on GW2.

Too much grinding in this game anyway, and for no monthly subs you are always aiming for my pockets a lot…

GW2 Wish I could say I will miss you, but I really won’t.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

You’re going to buy it, and you know it.

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

wait what… so this EXPANSION costs almost the same as i paid for the full game, is this supposed to be some kind of joke, well unless this expansion has about the same amount of content the full game had at launch there is no freaking way i’m gonna pay that.
I was expecting to come back to the game for this but forget it i already paid for the main game.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

we dont need them. THEY NEED US!

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

So if an existing player buys the ‘core game’ again then shouldn’t we get 5 character slots for buying it again?

they have been corrupted buy high prices, VALVE SHOULD BUY ANET
Gaben would change that F’d up price!

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Nothing to add except ..
+1

Polish > hype

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

I promise you I am not… Not even joking

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

People forget that we pay no sub fee and receive whole expansions worth of content for free on a regular basis.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Really, i thank you on behalf of everyone in this community because now we understand how greedy you can be. You’ve actually passed Blizzard in term of greed when it comes to this. After seeing some of the horrible nerfs you all gave the Necromancer, i really thought this wouldn’t get worse, but it seems like it did.

Even WoW’s collector’s edition for Warlords of Draenor blows this crappy excuse for a “ultimate” edition you guys have made out of the water.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

Maybe it’s a bug? I’m sure they don’t intend for us to buy the base game a second time.

they probably got stoned and came up with those plans

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Murke.7193

Murke.7193

I was entirely prepared to get the shiniest version of the expansion, but honestly I just don’t see it being worth it. Especially not when the price of Hot includes the core game. When I bought the collector’s edition of the base game for what was it 120? 140? I had the gorgeous Rytlock statue, hardcover book, soundtrack and art prints along with all of the digital items.

Now for the expansion they’re wanting $100 for some gems and digital items? woohoo? As it stands now I’ll be getting the standard edition(and buying the character slot I rather thought would be included with the base expansion with gold.)

I do wish I could just buy the expansion rather than buying the base game again, although as I have to buy the base game again do I get 5 character more slots?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It is amazing how many people seem to feel they have rights to decide what should and should not be included and how much it should cost. The truth here is, you have nothing to say about this what so ever, and if you feel it is to much then don’t buy the game. Expansions do cost money, mostly just as much as the game once did. This is nothing new. A-Net is a company that want to earn money, that is how the real world works.

Up to now GW2 have been amazingly free from extra charges, to be able to go on playing. Now they made a expansion and if we want them to keep up with what they done in the past, then we will have to pay for the expansion so they can keep on working on the game. Expecting anything else is a bit naive.

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

So if an existing player buys the ‘core game’ again then shouldn’t we get 5 character slots for buying it again?

+1 mil.

Such a kitten shady move

Posted by: Ms asian.2451

Ms asian.2451

First of all, $50 dollars is not a reasonable price for the expansion especially if there is no character slot with it.

Secondly. Most of us don’t want to re-buy GW along with the expansion. Making just the HoT expansion buyable separate from the game would save you many customers.

Basically, us as a Guild Wars 2 community are upset about the price and things included with the HoT expansion.

Help me out here, guys.

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

if you look at the world through the cold cynical eyes of economics

You rang?

watch thats there next announcment, and they will act like triumphant gods, like they did us a favor

~Infinity Warden