Legenday Backpiece Worry

Legenday Backpiece Worry

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rodane.1062

Rodane.1062

My problem with this whole… omg i don’t want to do fractals to get new legendaries is crazy. What are people going to say if awesome skins come out only from raid boss drops are people going to be like… omg i dont raid but i want that its not fair.. Anyway i’ll share a little story with the people that are too afraid they are not good enough to do fractals… I think you guys should read the whole post because it states 1-10 will prob be streamlined so you know how to fight and do the fractals before agony kicks in…. then by the time you are lvl 10 you should have enough fractal relics to buy a few agony resist infusions from the fractal relic…. I’m not trying to put down any of my guild members but im going to say it they are not the best players… hell when we first started playing we took hours to get through a dungeon. Not to mention that one of them was playing a necro for a year and didn’t know that the f1 ability was a thing or a way to stay alive in a fight… and most of them didn’t what to even to do fractals but i gave them a goal to get to lvl 20 before HoT came out and get Infused gear ( rings and back) and they said fine ok ( we are also going through all the dungeons story and paths which is making them better players and they are understanding the game)… now granted they did get better playing the game before the fractal runs but there’s still a lot to go. But they are getting better and what is crazy they love the fact things are not going to be easy and they are excited for lvl 20+ fractals and raid if we get them now which caught me off guard…. sorry for the wall of text but i think it’s needed to show people that think i’ll never do them because a group will kick me… find people that don’t want to play that way if you can’t look me up ill get you started… put on your big boy pants and kick some fractal butt

(edited by Rodane.1062)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Pastry.4915

Pastry.4915

I’m fine with them putting certain things behind certain walls.

For quite awhile after the fractal capacitor was introduced, I thought about getting one, but I always felt intimidated by fractals. One day I decided to just do it, and start working towards one.

And guess what, it’s not that bad. There’s a learning curve, but once you know what to do, it’s pretty simple. Whether you become highly proficient at it, or you fumble your way through it, just do it. I got my fractal capacitor because I just decided to do it.

Having items only be available through certain parts of the game are what make them unique. It shows your mastery of a certain aspect of the game, and I hope they introduce more items (and titles) that we can earn in this manner, not necessarily with fractals, but other parts of the game as well.

Level 80 – One of Everything

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Moosebee.5601

Moosebee.5601

I was very much looking forward to play HoT, but after this news I´m sad and frustrated.

I dont like dungeons or fraktals! And I can explain why…. this gamemode makes it neccesary to learn a pattern and then execute the pattern. E.g. use a certain skill here and then run to that corner and stack. The pro dungeon groups execute the pattern fast and effectively. There are so many videos out there showing off what exactly to do at what point of the run.

Now, is that fun? Not for me! I deeply detest learning the dungeon pattern and then grinding this over and over again. Then you could reply, “just dont do it!” and you are right…. I didn´t do it and very, very much enjoyed the rest of the game.

I also think, that legendary stuff, should only be avalable for those, who master big difficulties! But PLEASE!? Why is difficult content = repeating a pattern over and over??? Aren´t there other ways to make challenging content?

I dont get it! I´m just sad atm. Maybe I just need a break. :-(

(edited by Moosebee.5601)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

it’s legendary, reread the article and you’ll find a spot where he says that like all legendaries, the legendary back piece will require components from all over Tyria. the fractal component is just one tiny small part of the crafting process. the article also mentions collections as part of the process, and something new to finish it off, that they will discuss in a future blog post.

basically, to make the legendary back piece, you’ll have to do MORE than what you need to do to make Sunrise!

– The Baconnaire

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Hard core players that did fractal for last 3 years don’t agree as well that some casuals like you should have acess to legendary backpack ….

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Moosebee.5601

Moosebee.5601

@Tristan, your post demonstrates exacly what I am talking about!

In this game “Hard core players” are the ones who are just flawlessly executing a pattern over and over. Those guys have a great skill in playing the game!!! What I am trying to say, is… this isnt fun to me. I feel alive in the game, when I am confronted with a new situation I have to addapt on the fly, when I´m always on the brink of failing, but can narrowly succeed in the end.

Now you can decide… should the highest rewards only be for those very skilled players, grinding over and over or also for those, people like me, who like a challenging but not so repetative gamestyle ?

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

lol forced…

I love these threads where people make it sound like someone has a gun pointed to their face to do content. When will they learn?

So, is their some other way to get the Legendary backpiece then? No. So, yeah, many will be forced to do content they hate in order to get an item. Or never get a new Legendary.

What’s next? Start QQing about how you’re forced to log in to the game to get the legendary? Because clearly there is no other way. You have to log in first before anything else. Oh the horror! the oppression! Why would ANET inflict such cruelty?

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

lol forced…

I love these threads where people make it sound like someone has a gun pointed to their face to do content. When will they learn?

^This. If you want a legendary back piece then do what is required. No one is “forcing” you to do anything.

If I want a new car, I have to earn money to get one. No one is forcing me to do anything. I am doing what I have to in order to get what I want.

Yes, but in the real world we don’t have silly MMO constraints. You literally buy the car you want. You don’t take a particular job, because it’s required to buy a particular car.

Unfortunately ANet are going more that way because the “I want shinies that represent my achievements” crowd have been so very vocal. Force might be the wrong word, but this approach does make games quite tiresome, in my opinion. Everything gets reduced to a checklist of chores.

As I said before, in the real world, just like the MMO, there is a cost to get a car. That cost is money. You have to provide money to get the car. You don’t have the “option” of paying in gum wrappers or pine cones. Similarly, you have to do fractals to get the legendary back piece. That is part of the back piece’s cost.

This is about cost of an item, not options of where to get the item.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you are going to be forced to do fractals to get the backpiece, then you will have to decide whether or not it is worth doing. Anet is already catering to everybody by making almost everything available from several different sources.

This policy is bad on several levels. It does not encourage people to do certain content. It does not reward more effort (fractals 50 is generally worse loot than chest farming).

I have no problem with this exclusivity, as long as they also provide a Legendary Back piece unique to WvW, PvE and PvP play modes – it can look different of course.

Fractals should not be the only place to get one. That particular back piece, yes, but not every / the only one, and no where else. Why have they designated Fractals the special petal that gets Legendary items?

So why exactly the fractal legendary annoys you so much, if it’s not the skin you are after. Since you can get same stats with ascended gear, what is the reason to want that particular backpiece? Or is it the fact anet won’t mail it to you as a gratitude for your awesome existence?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Nemesis.3025

Nemesis.3025

My favorite part of the game is afk’ing in LA. Why can’t I get the back piece if I afk for say 1,000 hours in LA?

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

My favorite part of the game is afk’ing in LA. Why can’t I get the back piece if I afk for say 1,000 hours in LA?

Not likely. You have to demonstrate your afk skills in all regions of the game. 1,000 hours in each major city should do it. ;P

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

Ascended was made for fractal to begin with, no point to have ascended if you don’t want to have AR.
But a lot of wvw player cryed because this ascended stuff was clairly unfair if a bus of player was ascended and the enemy not, resulting of a defait in combat.
So they made wvw infusion, and decide to kill the fractal, because seriously, you can have your ascended stuff without going in, it’s just dumb.

Nobody complain they can’t get the shiny backpack we can have for 1850 relic or more and like 500 ecto, so don’t complain now…

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

the fact that fractals will provide a legendary backpiece in no way means legendary back pieces will not be available elsewhere. In fact, I expect other sources of stat swappable backpieces to show up. If not, then that is an issue.

if its just the skin you want but dont want to participate in fractals to get, well, its a skin based on completion of content. I think that is a good thing.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

MAN, SUCK IT UP BABIES…this is a game… there are always gonna be aspects of EVERY game that you will like or dislike… Just do the content and get over it. Its not that bad. are you really that weak that you cant take a margin of time to do something thats not “your cup of tea” to get an awesome reward you really want??? moderate away…. IDC anymore, tired of the whining. You people are gonna get this game nerfed into the ground and ruined for the sake of your laziness… period.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Vesuvius.9874

MAN, SUCK IT UP BABIES…this is a game… there are always gonna be aspects of EVERY game that you will like or dislike… Just do the content and get over it. Its not that bad. are you really that weak that you cant take a margin of time to do something thats not “your cup of tea” to get an awesome reward you really want??? moderate away…. IDC anymore, tired of the whining. You people are gonna get this game nerfed into the ground and ruined for the sake of your laziness… period.

+1. Well put. Then after the nerf, it’ll the very same people who’ll be complaining about a lack of challenging content.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

I really don’t understand. They didn’t even say that this would be the only legendary backpiece released, nor did they even say it came exclusively from fractals. If there is some fractal element required and presumably it will just be relics then you can do low level fractals and still complete the task.

Don’t want to pug it? Join a guild, get some friends together and bumble along through it having some fun.

Not only that but legendary items are completely optional, it’s not like you need them to complete content. If you want one then you go through the effort to get it, if you don’t want to put in the effort then you don’t get it. Simple.

The only merit to this argument that I could see is if they gated it behind extremely high level fractals. Even then, you might as well complain that you can’t get the new fractal skins without doing high level fractals.

Frankly, I’d be absolutely shocked if when the mastery tracks launched for the new legendary items there wasn’t a qq storm about having some pieces of the collection being part of activities that you don’t like to do. So what? Are you suggesting that they design a way that every single new legendary can be attained by each and every style of play? Why even bother calling it a legendary at that point? It’s a symbol of achievement that everyone can see, people look at you and know what you had to go to get that item.

They should be encouraging people to experience new content. These collections are a fantastic idea, if you want the item it forces you to experience different areas of the game that you might have otherwise ignored and perhaps you really enjoy that area and wonder why you never got involved in it before.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I think people prefer the mystical dragon style. Do something for 5 mins without bothering to log in, BAM, reward mailed to you.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

It’s a reward. It’s a fractal skin for people that do fractals. There’s always been exclusive fractal skins, why are you crying now that they made one legendary

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

from what it states to be able to fully complete it you have to do fractals :/ i know alot of people don’t do them and still not above level 10, so does this mean we are forced to do them ?

First: A legendary brings NO POWERSPIKE whatsoever. So you lose nothing if you don’t have it.

Second: It will be a skin that is not in the gemstore! That fact alone should be enough to convince you.

Third: There are already skins that are tied to one gamemode specificly. Just because you don’t feel like doing fractals, doesn’t mean noone does. That is your problem.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“Waaaaaah we have to do different kinds of content to get everything we want how terrible waaaaaah”
God forbid if there’s anything you can’t gain easily/by throwing money at it or the game introduces any form of variety. It’s fine as is, every gametype has some items you can only get that, there’s fine. Why should you get everything thrown after you in every gamemode, that defeat the purpose of a MMO.

Suck it up, really. Do it and find out if you really don’t enjoy fractals; if you don’t, you get the backpiece and nope out as fast as you can, if you do, you found new content for you to play. There’s things I want but can’t get too (mainly the PvP armors) but I think PvP is boring and whatnot, so I just don’t it because I don’t want it >that< much. If I really were to want it, I’d just do some PvP because hey, I might change my mindset since I didn’t play PvP in a very long time.

Also as has been said, legendary items give no statbonuses whatsoever, so it’s only the skin you’re going after (and, well, the ability to change stats on the fly)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: SoDeep.1739

SoDeep.1739

We should make gift of exploration a daily achievement for us fractal players since we don’t like running around a map for hours.

Hexevine- Sylvari Elementalist
Devonas Rest
“I’m rough and I’m tough and I’m king of the Maguuma Jungle”

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

I only wvw when i log on so i understand the worry although i am quite advanced in fractals since i had to do them for rings when it first came out when there was only 1 way to get it easily. was forced into doing it, at least fractals arent as boring as the other dungeon instances but considering the fact that fractal levels will now cap at 100 in hot update i wonder how much grind one will have to do.
I think anet is willfully wanting to believe people do all game modes all the time so locking certain armor pieces behind 1 specific game mode wont be a problem. but lets face it a few months from now maybe 6 living story or something i don’t play since i only wvw will probably give a legendary piece like they did with ascended.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

the fractals community is awful, no chance anyone who is a necro will never get one lol, i have a necro (not my main) but i still love it, its bad enough getting into a dungeon group without being kicked, i know alot of people who only wvw/pvp, what about those players ? there gave pvp players a chance at crafting legendarys with reward tracks and so on, so why cant there with the back piece ? it may of took longer to get all the parts only doing pvp but the choice was still there

My main is a necro, and was my only level 80 for about 8 months after the launch of Fractals. I have been running regular “do how you like” fractal groups with close friends who are casual-friendly and willing to teach one another how to efficiently run their class since we learned after fractals launched- and also run pugs occasionally. We run up to level 50. The times I have been kicked from a party for being a necro are the exception rather than the rule, and almost always this happens the moment I join a group, no one has ever been rude to me for my class or accused me of dragging the party down once the fractal was en route.

The group I run with has another person who is a necro main also, so we frequently do runs in reasonable time-frames with 2 necro groups. Yes our runs with 2 guardians, 2 warriors and mesmer or thief or engineer are faster but a group that knows what they’re doing and has at least exotic gear (to start) exo & ascended for higher lvl, reasonable builds, stats and synergy it isn’t so much faster that its worth not having the enjoyment of playing our favorite class in a group of friends. So take this from someone who got their “Fractal Frequenter,” personal reward level to 50 and first fractal backpack exclusively on the necro: it can be done.

You CAN start out fractals with all exotic gear and work your way upward. I did. I still have no ascended armor or weapons on a couple of my characters that I run up to 50 level with. The funny thing is, a friend and I only started out running fractals to get ascended backpack and rings for WvW, now we enjoy doing this as much.

Well, I’ve always thought that WvW should be the same as sPvP, as in the scaling should include gear as well, so I agree with you in that regard, but legendary is the same stat-level as ascended and if I’m not mistaken a person would still have to venture out of PvP to get an ascended back piece.

(edited by Dovienya.6597)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

Unless I missed something…. Ascended Stats = Legendary Stats….
You are not at an unfair advantage for using Ascended Stats….

With the current system of changing Ascended Stats via Mystic Forge, I’d imagine it would be cheaper and faster to stay with Ascended then going with Legendary.

I also, don’t see any where of Anet stating that will be the only Legendary Back Piece ever. I’m sure more will be added as time goes on and they will be for unique aspects as well.

Let’s not Turn Guild Wars 2 into Government Handout 2…..

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

As i wanted the balth backpiece for my ele i needed to do pvp to get it… and i hate pvp as much as i hate brussel sprouts (these things are mordem that are specialised to taste gross and smell gross.. i know it and nobody is telling me otherwise).
Was i forced to do it? No i knew if i wanted the backpack skin i got to do it. Same for the new backpack thingy… if you want it you gonna need to do fractals, if you dont want to do fractals then you aint getting it.. simple as that.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

from what it states to be able to fully complete it you have to do fractals :/ i know alot of people don’t do them and still not above level 10, so does this mean we are forced to do them ?

You’re not forced to do them because you’re not forced to get a legendary backpiece.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

The beauty of GW2 has always been to earn rewards the way you want.

Yeah, because everything outside of kittening zerging in the Silverwastes is just SO active.

No.

The reason every other aspect of the game suffers is because you can get the rewards by logging in and playing follow the leader.

It’s complete, and utter kitten. Arena Net kittened-up making the game casual, and I for one am happy that they’re starting to gate rewards in HoT.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Wuselknusel.4082

I don’t understand why there is a notion that it is crazy to lock certain rewards behind certain content. I don’t think there has ever been a game that hasn’t done this. It’s not like GW2 doesn’t offer similar rewards.

This isn’t how GW2 works. The whole notion of the game is that you should be able to get the rewards you want by playing the way you want. They actually locked ascended trinkets behind fractals when it first game out and later admitted that was a mistake.

The beauty of earning the gold the way you want to buy it from the TP?
Yeah. No.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

I’d personally like to see wvw and spvp exclusive legendary items.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: mower.3740

mower.3740

The replies defending the fractals requirement in this thread are hilarious after people whined so hard to get WvW out of world completion and badges in achievement chests.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

lol forced…

^This. If you want a legendary back piece then do what is required. No one is “forcing” you to do anything.

If I want a new car, I have to earn money to get one. No one is forcing me to do anything. I am doing what I have to in order to get what I want.

Yes, but in the real world we don’t have silly MMO constraints. You literally buy the car you want. You don’t take a particular job, because it’s required to buy a particular car.

Unfortunately ANet are going more that way because the “I want shinies that represent my achievements” crowd have been so very vocal. Force might be the wrong word, but this approach does make games quite tiresome, in my opinion. Everything gets reduced to a checklist of chores.

As I said before, in the real world, just like the MMO, there is a cost to get a car. That cost is money. You have to provide money to get the car. You don’t have the “option” of paying in gum wrappers or pine cones. Similarly, you have to do fractals to get the legendary back piece. That is part of the back piece’s cost.

No, your analogy is completely incorrect. A better analogy would be saying I have the money to buy a car but only a lawyer is allowed to buy this particular car that costs £XXX. In order to buy the car I must earn £XXX as a lawyer and pay with that money even though I have earned the required amount of money as an engineer already.

People are saying hard-core fractal runners would say only they deserve a legendary backpiece, sure but what about hard-core pvpers or hard-core wvwers?

About being forced to do dungeons and wvw map completion for legendary weapons, again the thinking is completely wrong. You were forced to do ALL game modes content, what would be unfair is if for twilight you ONLY had to do wvw map completion and for incinerator you ONLY had to do dungeons etc.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

lol forced…

No, your analogy is completely incorrect. A better analogy would be saying I have the money to buy a car but only a lawyer is allowed to buy this particular car that costs £XXX. In order to buy the car I must earn £XXX as a lawyer and pay with that money even though I have earned the required amount of money as an engineer already.

People are saying hard-core fractal runners would say only they deserve a legendary backpiece, sure but what about hard-core pvpers or hard-core wvwers?

About being forced to do dungeons and wvw map completion for legendary weapons, again the thinking is completely wrong. You were forced to do ALL game modes content, what would be unfair is if for twilight you ONLY had to do wvw map completion and for incinerator you ONLY had to do dungeons etc.

Where exactly is it stated that you ONLY have to do fractals to get the legendary backpack, and ONLY that? Care to quote it for me?

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

lol forced…

The comparison should be ‘if you want this new car, you’ll have to earn the money by washing cars, no matter what other job you might have or enjoy doing’.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Wuselknusel.4082

The replies defending the fractals requirement in this thread are hilarious after people whined so hard to get WvW out of world completion and badges in achievement chests.

So you compare two entirely different things and make an argument about that? Well played, exept, it has no relevance whatsoever.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Zetsumei.4975

lol forced…

Where exactly is it stated that you ONLY have to do fractals to get the legendary backpack, and ONLY that? Care to quote it for me?

Yep can’t say until we have the exact recipe, as long as it takes a relatively equal effort across all game modes or you have to option of crafting it with different approaches depending on your preferred game modes it will be fine. Hence the ‘worry’ and the fact that anet isn’t known for its game mode equality.

Ruins of Surmia

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

lol forced…

Both of you are missing the mark badly. Nobody should have to do Fractals to earn the mats for the backpack if we don’t want to. Thankfully Anet can see beyond the attitudes of some who say “nutt up and do it”.

And to continue your analogy Vesuvius, you want to buy a new car so you’ll need to earn money. Congratulations on your new goal. Only caveat is – to get the car you want you have to flip burgers at Wendy’s. Still excited about that car? Don’t you wish there was another way to earn the money?

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Wuselknusel.4082

Why does everyone expect that you should get the full rewards the game offers if you don’t want to play all gametypes the game offers? We have seen them trying to do that and it failed. Instead of forcing players to do specific parts of the game for specific rewards, ANet incentivized the players to farm the same, most rewarding part of the game. I would rather have to play specific parts to get the reward I want than to grind the same stuff over and over again.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Probably. Legendary weapons require WvW badges, but edge of the mist gave us a viable alternative to obtaining them on uncompetitive WvW servers.

Kind of like of all their scavenger hunt ideas, initially they’ll try to shuffle us around to under utilized game modes, eventually stop upkeep on them, and introduce an alternative so they don’t have to fix the underlying problem of the primary method. This won’t stop the intrepid players, but they will pay a higher cost as a result.

^ A microcosm of the GW2 design philosophy.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

what im saying is yeah some things are gated behind things but there not, to a degree that its ridiculous , badges and tokens don’t require anything to get, but when it comes to fractals , you need infusions after level 10

You buy them from the fractal vendor for 75 relics. They are basically free…. the ones you are thinking of are optional for like +4 extra stat and extra AR for infused pieces which you do not at all need to do. I sell those….

You can get 14 (6 armor 6 jewel +2 weap) +5s = 70 AR from the fractal vendor and then putting it in asc armor/jewelry/weaps. That is all you need to do all fractals currently.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

If you are going to be forced to do fractals to get the backpiece, then you will have to decide whether or not it is worth doing. Anet is already catering to everybody by making almost everything available from several different sources.

This policy is bad on several levels. It does not encourage people to do certain content. It does not reward more effort (fractals 50 is generally worse loot than chest farming).

I have no problem with this exclusivity, as long as they also provide a Legendary Back piece unique to WvW, PvE and PvP play modes – it can look different of course.

Fractals should not be the only place to get one. That particular back piece, yes, but not every / the only one, and no where else. Why have they designated Fractals the special petal that gets Legendary items?

So why exactly the fractal legendary annoys you so much, if it’s not the skin you are after. Since you can get same stats with ascended gear, what is the reason to want that particular backpiece? Or is it the fact anet won’t mail it to you as a gratitude for your awesome existence?

What annoys me is that their is a single avenue to getting a Legendary Backpiece. Why not WvW, or PvP or PvE? Why just Fractals?

Like I said, if this is the way they are going to set things up, I hope we get separate Legendary Backpieces and skins for PvP and WvW, etc and other game modes. The Fractal Backpiece looks awful – I could care less about the skin. It’s the item I want.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Yes. That would be awesome.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Yes. That would be awesome.

But…how will those that just want to mindlessly run around following someone around in circles get it?!

QQQ

qq

q

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Dev 1: There’s not enough content in HoT to carry this game.
Dev 2: Make them do fractals.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

This isn’t how GW2 works. The whole notion of the game is that you should be able to get the rewards you want by playing the way you want. They actually locked ascended trinkets behind fractals when it first game out and later admitted that was a mistake.

I want Arah weapons and armor. I only want to run CoF and never PvP. WAT DO?

The beauty of GW2 is that it has never been overtly difficult to do and complete any of the content. All the people moaning about the “toxic” Fractals community are babies. I’ve casual’d my way up Fractals to difficulty 40, and have been in 20s and 30s with people possessing no AR, and still finish the Fractal. I’m as casual as they come and still find myself /headdesking in road rage at how bad some players are, but I and others have never kicked anyone unless they’re AFK.

While it may take more time than GW1 to get top level gear via Exotics and Ascended, you can be just as effective throughout PvE and WvW in crafted Exotics, and no one is going to notice your 5% DPS difference.

So it boils down to people wanting easy Legendaries, which is kind of silly. And the new Legendary acquisition system is MUCH easier than the old one. People complaining about having to do a couple Fractals have apparently not spent thousands of gold tossing Krait Staves into the Mystic Forge for a shot at The Legend.

So please, STOP THE WAAAAMBULANCE!

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

please please please please let this come true.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

lol forced…

Both of you are missing the mark badly. Nobody should have to do Fractals to earn the mats for the backpack if we don’t want to. Thankfully Anet can see beyond the attitudes of some who say “nutt up and do it”.

And to continue your analogy Vesuvius, you want to buy a new car so you’ll need to earn money. Congratulations on your new goal. Only caveat is – to get the car you want you have to flip burgers at Wendy’s. Still excited about that car? Don’t you wish there was another way to earn the money?

actually, you do need specific jobs for specific cars, for example, if the car you want costs $300,000.00 then you need to be a tad above the average and need a job that will let you afford it. hence specific.

also, why should all of us who hate silverwastes style farming be forced to do that for our legendaries ? where are the legendaries earned via pure wvw ? where are the legendaries earned via pure spvp ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You are “forced” to do WvW for badges.

Or you can get them from achievement chests.

You are “forced” to do dungeons for tokens.

Or you can PvP

You are “forced” to play the game to get gold for mats.

Or you can TP flip.

I want Arah weapons and armor. I only want to run CoF and never PvP. WAT DO?

You do the dailies by afking in the “red wins” custom arenas.

There are multiple options for most things in the game. And that is good.

If my opinion is of any value, it’s totally fine that some rewards are gated behind specific content (and we are talking about a legendary after all).

Personally, i don’t think that it’s fine, but if we look at the previous Legendaries (and hints about the future ones), then most likely the backpack won’t be locked behind fractals specifically, but rather will require playing many different parts of the game. With fractals being merely one of them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

lol forced…

No, my analogy is perfectly fine. If you want the skin you have to pay for it by doing fractals. Period.

Before the change, I had to map all the WvW to make my 3 legendaries. I couldn’t stand WvW at the time, but had to do it anyway. I did it because it was part of what it took to get what I wanted. No complaining.

You can twist it any way you like, but doing a fractal is a cost for obtaining the piece. There is a set of armor you can only get in PvP and if I want it, then I will have to go there and get it. I don’t want to, but I will some day just because I want it. I will do it without whining and crying about it because that is the cost of getting it.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Vesuvius.9874

No, my analogy is perfectly fine. If you want the skin you have to pay for it by doing fractals. Period.

Before the change, I had to map all the WvW to make my 3 legendaries. I couldn’t stand WvW at the time, but had to do it anyway. I did it because it was part of what it took to get what I wanted. No complaining.

You can twist it any way you like, but doing a fractal is a cost for obtaining the piece. There is a set of armor you can only get in PvP and if I want it, then I will have to go there and get it. I don’t want to, but I will some day just because I want it. I will do it without whining and crying about it because that is the cost of getting it.

Agreed. This approach also lets people try out new modes of the game that they otherwise would not consider. Once they try the new modes, perhaps they will start enjoying it. This in turn results in less QQing on the forums about the perceived “lack of content”.

As an example, I’d almost completely written off getting the Luminescent collection when I first looked at what it would take to get them. Now instead of QQing about how there aren’t enough options available to get them, I decided heck, let’s give it a shot and see how bad it really is. I actually ended up enjoying the journey and am actually looking forward to working on the next item in the collection.

Some things demand that work be put into it. If it was available so easily and freely, it devalues the item. If every John Doe was carrying a legendary because it was so easy to obtain, then what would be the difference between that legendary and a regular green item? Legendaries demand that a substantial amount of effort be put into creating it and that’s how only the most deserving get them.

Legenday Backpiece Worry

Zetsumei.4975

Sorry I need to take a moment.. I cant handle the high level of logic here.

Always fascinating to meet someone incapable of logic thought, can you not read? In order to make those legendaries you had to do content from ALL gamemodes not just wvw. Are you so self-centered that you didnt notice that in order for a wvwer to get a legendary he has to grind out the remaining what was it 98% worth of map completion in pve maps. I know you have difficulties with putting yourself in others’ shoes but many wvwers enjoy grinding out pve maps about as much as you enjoyed wvw map completion.

We’re not complaining about the event where certain skins are only available in certain game modes. We’re complaining about the event where a legendary backpiece is only available through a significantly large amount of fractals. It would be something to complain about if ascended gear was only obtainable through pvp and every other game mode only provided you with exotic.

Anyway its quite meaningless talking to you any further, youre clearer simply content with being catered for rather than discussing the lack of equality across the three gamemodes.

Ruins of Surmia