Not a fan of Revenant...

Not a fan of Revenant...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

First of all people the Revenant is not meant to be a major damage dealer. It’s a tank and therefore does low damage like a tank does. That’s why they are full celestial. Get your heads out of the stupid meta crap and think.

Everyone was full celestial in the beta. Everyone.

This is a thread about the Revenant not other classes.

Yeah, but you’re saying they’re Full Celestial because they’re tank. But that’s justnonsense because EVERYONE was full celestial. The issues here have less to do with meta-anything and more to do with the skill options you had on hand. You’ve got a Legend whose skills deal in transferring conditions and applying Resistance in a map where you aren’t really taking any much conditions on. Deals Torment and Confustion but a good amount of your enemies don’t even move and attack slowly. Almost everyone stayed in Jalis Stance since it was more useful. Lightning Field, Area Swiftness, Stability, Weakness, SPINNING HAMMERS etc.

There’s a trait that said gain 50% Crit Chance while in Fury. I wanted to try out, but there was no way to actually gain Fury with the skills I had.

Read a bit more, the trait doesn’t give you 50% crit chance, fury is 50% more beneficial (meaning you gain an extra 10% crit chance from fury, totalling at 30% from fury, instead of the base 20%).

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: PizzaTheHut.2058

PizzaTheHut.2058

There were times when it felt cool to be a Revenant but some things did bother me.

Hammer felt underwhelming so I switched to mace and axe. I preferred those skills, but most of them had a wait time before they went off. I’m not used to waiting for a second after using most of my skills. They do have shorter cooldowns, but having to wait after casting most skills feels weird.

Having the 6-0 skills change is interesting and allows for more support options, but I find it slower/harder to get the right skills off with that setup. An elementalist can do just about everything they need with their left hand, and they don’t have to look at the keyboard. Revenant users would best be served moving their mouse to a skill and then back to where the fight is. It just doesn’t flow as smooth, which is unfortunate.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I have to disagree. For a ranged weapon the hammer has some very sizable damage. Its also handy for control and combos. Its a very fine weapon. Its a bit unwieldy at first but once you get used to it its great.

Dwarf Stance and Demon stance are actually perfect for each other. Both of them are heavily melee focused and favor each other very well. Demon stance is allot more powerful but also much riskier to use. Once I got the hang of it in the beta though I spent more time in demon then dwarf. Its gap closer and ability to ignore conditions made it ideal for both escaping as well as pressuring foes. I like’d dwarf stance but I felt that I wasn’t using all the abilities because of how lacking some of them where. Mainly the elite and the taunt chain. The Taunt chain was way too expensive with too short of a duration.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Shick.1684

Shick.1684

https://youtu.be/4Go6tpPA2G0 (Rev Hummer. No audio.)
https://youtu.be/NOBwAshYMNc (Rev axe+mace. No audio)
Sorry if I play as noob. First time play revenant. Think it will be better with bers.

(edited by Shick.1684)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I found the Revenant profession disappointing. It’s slow (mobility and animation-wise), it feels clunky, and both lengends don’t compensate for the use of a single weapon. Most of the utilities are mostly situational.
The play-style doesn’t really change when you swap legends, seriously, it really doesn’t, the utilities change it very little, if at all. What defines your play-style is the weapon you’re currently wielding. That’s why Chronomancers and their puny shield still play like Mesmers, and Reapers with a greatsword play nothing like your tipical Necromancer.

All in all, this one’s not going to be my main from what I’ve played so far, definetly.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I join the folk, it’s ok we miss 3 trees and many weapons but the profession appears really slow.

It’s not only a matter of animations but basically every skill hasn’t a short cast time.

But i don’t really think is revenant issue but more a general feeling we had using the old classes with a TON of instant skills/short CD.

In general i think the other classes have a too cheesy design, it’s not really The Revenant to be slow, in an absolute sense.

For Example if i think to Thief, it’s like day and night.

But in general i found the design really interesting, there are different legends with a specific role, condis management and tanky situation, many skills are not brainless, there are thresholds where skills are more effective, so you can’t spam skill without any sense if you want to have a good gameplay.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

First of all people the Revenant is not meant to be a major damage dealer. It’s a tank and therefore does low damage like a tank does. That’s why they are full celestial. Get your heads out of the stupid meta crap and think.

Yeah, but you’re saying they’re Full Celestial because they’re tank. But that’s justnonsense because EVERYONE was full celestial. The issues here have less to do with meta-anything and more to do with the skill options you had on hand. You’ve got a Legend whose skills deal in transferring conditions and applying Resistance in a map where you aren’t really taking any much conditions on. Deals Torment and Confustion but a good amount of your enemies don’t even move and attack slowly. Almost everyone stayed in Jalis Stance since it was more useful. Lightning Field, Area Swiftness, Stability, Weakness, SPINNING HAMMERS etc.

There’s a trait that said gain 50% Crit Chance while in Fury. I wanted to try out, but there was no way to actually gain Fury with the skills I had.

Read a bit more, the trait doesn’t give you 50% crit chance, fury is 50% more beneficial (meaning you gain an extra 10% crit chance from fury, totalling at 30% from fury, instead of the base 20%).

Ah yeah, it said “Effective”. That makes more sense. I couldn’t really try it out to see that for myself anyway but that’s okay.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Not a fan of Revenant...

Lily.1935

I found the Revenant profession disappointing. It’s slow (mobility and animation-wise), it feels clunky, and both lengends don’t compensate for the use of a single weapon. Most of the utilities are mostly situational.
The play-style doesn’t really change when you swap legends, seriously, it really doesn’t, the utilities change it very little, if at all. What defines your play-style is the weapon you’re currently wielding. That’s why Chronomancers and their puny shield still play like Mesmers, and Reapers with a greatsword play nothing like your tipical Necromancer.

All in all, this one’s not going to be my main from what I’ve played so far, definetly.

someone has never played a necromancer before.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Exact same comments about Revenant as was in the last Beta …

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Exact same comments about Revenant as was in the last Beta …

To be absolutely truthful, there isn’t much difference between last beta and this beta.

It’s little testing and mostly hype generation at this point.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

That is true, but I figured that people who weren’t fortunate enough to get into the BETA would want to hear our first impressions of the new features.

What new features are you talking about that haven’t already been shown? We’ve already been shown the Rev. Did you have more than two Legends to choose from? Did you have more than three trait trees to choose from? Did you get to use weapons that were not shown in the Rev reveal?

And “weren’t fortunate enough…” lolwut? Fortunate enough to be an unpaid game tester? To be a dot on a map for testing purposes? Heh… Chuckled pretty good when I read that.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

This is a BETA where you’re given specific gear to test everything out. Those numbers will likely change.

“Would you kindly?”

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I understand that this is beta, but I’m finding the revenant almost impossible to keep alive.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Unless the revamp was part of the beta.

Condi revamp was not part of the beta the trait updates and new trait system are also not included in the current beta phase unfortunately. What we’re seeing now is more akin to stress & event testing than actual expansion game-play testing.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Well it’s not like you have 8 other Professions to pick from or anything…

7 actually, the ranger has 1 pet and no pet swap so severe handicap when played correctly.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

So the Beta entails no new released information on the Revenant? Thought the full set of weapons skills would be released at least. What a let down. ANET really needs lessons in info teasing. Guess I’ll just obsessively follow something else until the expansion actually drops.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Unless the revamp was part of the beta.

Condi revamp was not part of the beta the trait updates and new trait system are also not included in the current beta phase unfortunately. What we’re seeing now is more akin to stress & event testing than actual expansion game-play testing.

That makes sense. I didn’t think everything was going to be involved.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Automaton.4926

Automaton.4926

As it stands now – I’m not a huge fan of the Revenant and ANet hasn’t stepped in to clarify some of the most obvious flaws in their design.

My primary issue is their lack of flexibility. When it comes to your skills you currently have 3-4 decision points. Two Legends then either a a single 2h weapon or a MH & OH. That makes them extremely restricted. Most professions get more flexibility in just their weapons – never mind being able to customize their utilities fully.

Having each Legend linked to a set 5 skills is a flaw I hope they address. All they have to do is give each legend about 5 utilities so that there is a greater degree of customization in that regard and they’ll probably be fine.

We haven’t been shown all the revenant’s weapons and skills yet… You can’t be this dumb can you?

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Revenant feels really slow and clunky. Tried it in the first beta. I hope it is improved.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

This is my 2nd time getting my hands on the Rev in terms of beta experiences.

Rev feels like it will shine for Spvp but be the new necro of PvE unwanted/un-needed unless something we haven’t seen is god tier op.

I also feel there’s a-lot of down time and some of the casts are just way too long. Some of this could be eliminated by having weapon swapping.

I am sure people will continue to bring up the moronic Oh but eles Oh but engineers do it just fine, but we’re not talking about those classes.(Rev doesn’t and wont have kits or conjure weapons obviously things that fill that gap of weapon swapping).

It’s oh so fun having melee only options and having to leave the battle to exit combat if i want a ranged option. I have to leave combat even though half of my skills will self condition me which will keep me in combat with no way to remove them. This in itself feels like a short-sighted design choice.

Another Gripe was moving skills in their slots also moves the skills for other legend this is very frustrating for people with unique bind setups.

TL:DR More impressed with the core class overhauls than Revenant currently and i think it’s a shame.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

I like how people complain about the Revenant when:

1. This is a BETA, things WILL change and people talk like the thing is finalized.

2. We still don’t know the full power of the Revenant because it hasn’t been added and shown yet, same with the profession specs.

“Would you kindly?”

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

This is incorrect it is 50% crit chance from the fury boon in total not 30% the wording is just poorly done.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

(edited by Stinja.9612)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Shoosh you.
Way to nickpick and miss the point.

Reaper with greatsword and its respective death shroud plays nothing like a Necromancer with lets say, Axe or dagger. Staff is a backup set.
The difference from a Mesmer to Chronomancer is going to be abysmal.
Also, I play every profession.

And my point still stands.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

There are a few points to note to why the Revenant in its current form isn’t as appealing as it can be:

1) It currently only has 2 legends out of apperantly 5(maybe more), and therefore less diversity.(add to the fact that none of the 2 given legends are direct damage based)
2) It only has 2 weapon sets(again, less diversity): Hammer(long range), and Mace/Axe(close range), the former is more direct damage oriented, but being a ranged weapon, it has lower DPS capabilites than melee range weapons. The latter being more condi damage oriented gives it less direct damage than other melee weapons.
3) Many of the traits aren’t final. Heck it got only 3 trait lines out of 5(6 if including the elite). Also don’t forget that the traits will change to the Specialization soon and therefore many traits are subject to change.
4) During the beta the gear is pure celestial and therefore doesn’t bring the max potential damage(or any other form of potential).

As you can see most of the reasons are because the Revenant isn’t in its final form(at least what was shown to us), and therefore you should still give it a chance once more options for the revenant become available, such as more weapon sets or the other legends.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Ewon.5903

Ewon.5903

Sorry if some of this is posted here I didn’t go through reading.

When I first started playing with a hammer on rev, I twas pretty bored with the class. It really feels like trying to dps with a staff guard, which you aren’t going to do.

After switching the mace/axe I really started to enjoy the rev. You can quickly see you have a fire field and a blast, and then start to string together a simple damage rotation.

Damage Rotation:
1) Axe 5, range torment
2) Axe 4, range attack that shadowsteps you in
3) Mace 2, fire field and burning
4) Mace 3, blast for might
5) Vengeful Hammer, more melee dps (can use earlier)
6) Auto
7) Repeat

The condi damage will actually make use of the terrible cele gear for the beta too.

PermaSwiftness:
1) Inspiring Reinforcement
2) Mace 3, Blast

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Bowhuntr.7014

Bowhuntr.7014

Rolled revanant, followed the pact bull. Umm, nope. Deleted character.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I understand anet likes to be “different” , but ya know, different isn’t always good. I personally feel it’s extremely short sighted and silly to design a profession that will be stuck with 1 weapon during combat and have access to multiple heal skills. I understand they want to make professions all “cool” and “neeto”, but the revenant is poorly designed and way off the base profession blueprint.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I’m not looking forward to tons of random Revanants displacing piles of monsters out of AoE using Unyielding Anguish. It’s very miserable.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: superherovillain.3618

superherovillain.3618

revenant is kinda cool with all it’s skills and that legends thing but well , it seems a bit hard to play solo with this class especially when using hammer . so slow . am i right?

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Hopefully some of the other Legends are a bit more impressive.

So far the Revenant looks okay, but I’m not super excited about it.

I do want to know however, why in this topic there are a lot of very insulting and antagonizing posts from certain people aimed at players who mention they don’t really like the Revenant. There is no need for it.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, Revenant seems like a solid class, but I really didn’t enjoy it either.

Mace/Axe was nice for the leap and blast that allows for 100% swiftness, but there are two major points that kept me from enjoying it:

1) Ability animations/sounds were just way too over-the-top. Kinda feels like being stuck in an action scene from a Michael Bay movie.

2) The class feels very slow and reliant on cast times. I guess I’m just spoiled on my thief with this one, lol.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

ITT: Lots of people that have never played engie or ele

Not a fan of Revenant...

TheFantasticGman.9451

I understand anet likes to be “different” , but ya know, different isn’t always good. I personally feel it’s extremely short sighted and silly to design a profession that will be stuck with 1 weapon during combat …

So, you haven’t played an Elementalist before… Gotcha.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I feel at the moment that the revenant is very weak.
One reason is because it’s missing some weapons:
Take the dwarf stance it is suitable for a close range power spec but we only got a condi weapon and a ranged weapon, put on a dps melee weapon on this stance and it would be a lot better.
The second is because it’s missing some synergy: ok I got 50% crit on fury, I got 8 seconds on heal, wait an icd of 20 seconds noooooooooooooooooooo! (same story for might on retaliation)
Third but not least malyx stance can not have a place in PvE: At the moment malyx simply can not sustain 3 conditions on himself for any meaningfull duration without help of an enemy. Since getting hit is a death sentnce in most cases in PvE, it will result in the the malyx revenenant reducing his condition application through utilities by 50%, the mace/axe combo gives burrning torment and poison as damaging conditions, which are really bad pve conditions but potent pvp conditions.

EverythingOP

Not a fan of Revenant...

Lily.1935

Shoosh you.
Way to nickpick and miss the point.

Reaper with greatsword and its respective death shroud plays nothing like a Necromancer with lets say, Axe or dagger. Staff is a backup set.
The difference from a Mesmer to Chronomancer is going to be abysmal.
Also, I play every profession.

And my point still stands.

You said Revenant felt too slow. And then you compared it to the “Superior” necromancer’s reaper design. Which I have to say.. no.. The Greatsword is another slow weapon. The necromancer’s weapons are all rather slow. The Dagger only feels fast because of its auto. Its other two skills are rather slow. Yeah, the GS looks superior but its nothing out of the ordinary for the necromancer. Honestly, its execution style game play is already a part of the necromancer’s style. The only unique aspect about the greatsword is it has 2 life force generating skills without traits. Which is something that no other weapon in the necromancer’s kitten nal can claim. Though I personally wish the off hand dagger had a LF generator and the staff had a second LF generator as well, but that’s beside the point.

The revenant is much faster then the Necromancer. They also hit allot harder. But that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. As a necromancer main I’d rank them as faster then the necromancer in combat but slower then something like, say, mesmer.

Now if we are going to talk about Reaper’s Shroud, that is unusual for the necromancer. Its much faster then what the necromancer is used to. At a comparable speed to the revenant.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Bowhuntr.7014

I understand anet likes to be “different” , but ya know, different isn’t always good. I personally feel it’s extremely short sighted and silly to design a profession that will be stuck with 1 weapon during combat …

So, you haven’t played an Elementalist before… Gotcha.

Other classes sucking, too, doesn’t make the mehvenant any more fun to play.

Not a fan of Revenant...

TheFantasticGman.9451

Elementalist sucks? LOLOLOLWUT???

I’ll just go ahead and assume you’re talking out of your backside because that just doesn’t make any sense what so ever.

And uneducated comments like “doesn’t make the rev any more fun to play” … well, it’s obvious you’ve already made your choice not to play it and what you think of it even though at least half of the Rev (and it’s Elite Spec) hasn’t been shown or available to use yet… So, that’s cool to have an immature opinion on something, but it’s just plain silly to call the Elementalist a “sucky” class.

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Bowhuntr.7014

Elementalist sucks? LOLOLOLWUT???

I’ll just go ahead and assume you’re talking out of your backside because that just doesn’t make any sense what so ever.

And uneducated comments like “doesn’t make the rev any more fun to play” … well, it’s obvious you’ve already made your choice not to play it and what you think of it even though at least half of the Rev (and it’s Elite Spec) hasn’t been shown or available to use yet… So, that’s cool to have an immature opinion on something, but it’s just plain silly to call the Elementalist a “sucky” class.

My point being that w/e negative criticism there is about the rev class is not mitigated by negative criticism of other classes.

Or were you trying to make some other point obtusely?

I don’t mind being accused of having an immature opinion by anyone with Anet stars in their eyes. Played rev, it wasn’t fun, end of story.

Not a fan of Revenant...

TheFantasticGman.9451

Oh, I thought you were referring to my comment… I see, don’t think you should’ve quoted me but just Swagger because we, Mr. Bowhuntr, are in agreement then if that was your point (because my comment was obviously not negative towards the Elementalist or Rev). The Elementalist is far from the term “sucking” in terms of DPS and utility… but we know everything about that class unlike the Rev. For Swagger to say that simply it’s bad/silly design not to allow weapon swapping it’s painfully obvious he either hasn’t played an Elementalist, doesn’t know how to play Elementalist, or is denying the Elementalist profession exist in the game because it is NOT hindered in any form or fashion by not being able to swap weapons. So, until we see/know everything about the Rev class can we really determine if it was silly or not for the Rev not to have the ability to swap weapons.

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Here are some of my biased impressions.

• Revenant is pretty lackluster in PvE like others have stated. It has flashy animations that seem cool but fails to hold up after a while. Damage is moderate-low, even on the mace/axe combo. It’s basically giving us a lv11 Elementalist and telling us to go test things with only fire/water attunement.
  • I don’t find the class particularly fun. It’s not the damage that worries me, it is lacking in impact overall. I started gw2 on mesmer and their dps was abysmal yet I had fun on mesmer. Reason could be the limited legends or maybe the limited weapons.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Secretwep.2054

Secretwep.2054

I think we can all agree that the most fundamentally broken aspect of the revenant is the lack of an underwater weapon.
In all seriousness though the fact that we only had access to 3 trait lines and that the weapon skills are obviously not finished (as there was no underwater weapon skills) shows that there’s still some work to be done on this class. At first I wasn’t too fond of it, but then I focused on stacking up torment and constantly blasting might (mace 2 then 3 combo) and it proved pretty good. As for all of you saying just wait till you can use zerker gear, I don’t think that’s really the issue. The weapons themselves are not suited for zerker, they’re mostly about conditions (and the hammer which is less so seems not very practical for zerker as well).
tl;dr – Revenant needs more weapons to be able to be played more diversely, though ANET is probably still working on this, along with finishing traits.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: GaryC.4897

GaryC.4897

Here is my take on revenant, It is hard to tell how to play a toon when you start at max,with no input on armor or weapons. Even though my main is a guardian I still had some problems with the learning curve for the skills, and only a 2 hour limit. Hard to make a good evaluation.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Their traits are AMAZING synergy from what we have seen so far.
Here are my thoughts on them.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Revenant-Trait-Discussion-with-screenies/first#post5102071

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Not a fan of Revenant...

heartless.6803

ITT: Lots of people that have never played engie or ele

Last time I checked both engi and ele got to choose what their utility slots were and last time I checked elementalists had 4 sets of weapon slot skills active plus conjured and engi with kits could have upwards to 4 sets as well. All of those being weapon set skills, i.e. the buttons you press a lot.

Where as Rev has just one set of weapon skills and 2 sets of utility both sets they have 0 control over which ones go in it, and those buttons being ones that are rarely used as they seem to be very situational.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I like the Revenant. I must admit, when I first started out with that hammer I wasn’t a fan. But once I switched to mace/axe it really grew on me. I think it has loads of potential and can’t wait to see what the other core specs and elite spec will be like. I am hoping for a bit more synergy with the specs though. That’s definitely something that can be worked on.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Lily.1935

• Revenant is pretty lackluster in PvE like others have stated. It has flashy animations that seem cool but fails to hold up after a while. Damage is moderate-low, even on the mace/axe combo. It’s basically giving us a lv11 Elementalist and telling us to go test things with only fire/water attunement.
  • I don’t find the class particularly fun. It’s not the damage that worries me, it is lacking in impact overall. I started gw2 on mesmer and their dps was abysmal yet I had fun on mesmer. Reason could be the limited legends or maybe the limited weapons.

You do know that in the beta you’re running Celestial gear with runes of the Dolyak. You’re basically super defensive with moderate damage.. Its hardly a good example of how high the damage out put is. Because on full zerker with might and cons that hammer will hit seriously hard. Basically the armor set up is bad for both a condi and power build. Its designed for people to get used to the profession, not to show off its power.

Not a fan of Revenant...

heartless.6803

You do know that in the beta you’re running Celestial gear with runes of the Dolyak. You’re basically super defensive with moderate damage.. Its hardly a good example of how high the damage out put is. Because on full zerker with might and cons that hammer will hit seriously hard. Basically the armor set up is bad for both a condi and power build. Its designed for people to get used to the profession, not to show off its power.

The base damage is low, and the fact that hammer doesn’t fit particularly well with either stance. Dwarf stance plays to a melee power or melee tank based gear build. Demon stance is the pvp stance for condi based builds like that mace/axe build.

Neither one does even remotely well in solo pve. There is a reason like 90% of all revs on beta was mace/axe dwarf stance. It’s the highest damage, now I got pretty used to the class pretty quickly. It’s more straight forward then I thought it would be honestly. What kills the fun for the entire class is the lack of choice. There isn’t any other stances but demon and dwarf. There isn’t any real weapon choices, but worst of all. There isn’t any choice in the utilities or heals or elites.

It’s a nifty idea to get double those instead of double weapons, but reality of it is. Every stance is just too niche with it’s selection. There is predominately at least 1 ability that just isn’t that good. The overall anti-condition turns out to be more like “I’m sucky against anyone but those that deal conditions” Even dwarfs heal isn’t that good unless you’re removing a condition.

overall the class design is better on paper then reality.

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I’m certain their lackluster damage isn’t solely because of gears. I’m going to make an existing profession in the next round to confirm it. Didn’t get time in the previous round.

Edit:
Also it doesn’t take that long to get used to a new profession. I got used to the 8 professions in a maxed-out setting (HotM) with an hour each just playing with traits/skills. Atm, it’s hard to pinpoint Revenant based on what we’re given, “fun” certainly isn’t word to describe it.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

revenant is kinda cool with all it’s skills and that legends thing but well , it seems a bit hard to play solo with this class especially when using hammer . so slow . am i right?

Agreed. I think the absolute minimum that needs to change is:

1) Increase hammer attack speed
2) Give Revenants weapon swap

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Not a fan of Revenant...

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I haven’t spotted a complaint about it, so maybe it’s just me, but the displacement effect on Mallyx’s Leap + Torment + Blind Field skill felt kind of bad. I had no idea where to expect those enemies to show up, and they would sometimes flicker back and forth across the border so I couldn’t really attack them properly either. It’s an interesting skill, but it felt really off.

Also, it made for an even more troll skill than Point Blank Shot, since you could easily and repeatedly teleport around entire groups of enemies.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.