Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ArchieD.6972

ArchieD.6972

Anet handing out freebies left and right, and still you complain.

All Professions at 80 | http://tinyurl.com/oj4e9hr
1500+ Hrs Played | http://tinyurl.com/ppq4ksz
No Precursor | http://tinyurl.com/6lwv48m

The irony continues…

Ha! I really need to update my signature… No irony there btw.

http://tinyurl.com/9mtktpf

Not sure if you followed the links, was meant to be more funny than anything. I’m still waiting on my first to drop, and never would I ask them to give me one for free. I know it’s something that’s very rare and takes time!

10 Level 80s | http://tinyurl.com/oj4e9hr
1900+ Hrs Played | http://tinyurl.com/ppq4ksz
No Precursor | http://tinyurl.com/njgsg3l

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Im sure someone has pointed it out, but the BASE game densest have enough character slots to play one of every class. This seems the norm for most mmo’s. So I don’t see why adding another class you should expect them to give a free slot. I mean, you did choose to fill up on bread before the main course, so the onus is on you to find a way to get room for another character.

The norm is actually giving players a free character slot with a ‘for pay’ expansion that introduces a new character. Even games made by ANet.

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Whatever makes you think that the expansion post launch will not have an extra character slot? Just because it’s not mentioned now doesn’t mean that when it comes out it won’t have it. It’s not for sale yet so they aren’t talking about what’s in it or not. They are only talking about what is currently for sale.

They specifically mention that the conditions for a free character slot is a pre-purchase before July 30th.
Do you really think they’d do that if they are planning to include it afterwards as well?

Yes. Possibly that’s an indication that the expansion will be out on August 1st. The terms of sale are for this set. They are preorders so they will end by the time the expansion starts. After that a new sale for a non preorder will start with its own term and a different set of items it will sell. I would expect it to have an extra character slot.

Just because it refers to these set of preorders doesn’t exclude it from post orders.

Not sure the game will be released immediately after the end of the pre-purchase (not preorder, BTW – no way to cancel the transaction if you have second thoughts) period.
But if they want to offer the character slot as a permanent feature they should (and probably would have) said so in the announcement.
Else they would repeat the FAQ mistake of creating misleading impressions among their customers, who’d rightfully assume that the character slot is a pre-purchase bonus.

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Thank you ArenaNet! Ignore the Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers! All in all, GW2 and HoT is the best bang for your buck MMO any way you slice it! Not only that, but it is THE BEST MMO on the market. You all put a lot of love in your game and it is obvious! Thank you!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Whatever makes you think that the expansion post launch will not have an extra character slot? Just because it’s not mentioned now doesn’t mean that when it comes out it won’t have it. It’s not for sale yet so they aren’t talking about what’s in it or not. They are only talking about what is currently for sale.

They specifically mention that the conditions for a free character slot is a pre-purchase before July 30th.
Do you really think they’d do that if they are planning to include it afterwards as well?

Yes. Possibly that’s an indication that the expansion will be out on August 1st. The terms of sale are for this set. They are preorders so they will end by the time the expansion starts. After that a new sale for a non preorder will start with its own term and a different set of items it will sell. I would expect it to have an extra character slot.

Just because it refers to these set of preorders doesn’t exclude it from post orders.

Not sure the game will be released immediately after the end of the pre-purchase (not preorder, BTW – no way to cancel the transaction if you have second thoughts) period.
But if they want to offer the character slot as a permanent feature they should (and probably would have) said so in the announcement.
Else they would repeat the FAQ mistake of creating misleading impressions among their customers, who’d rightfully assume that the character slot is a pre-purchase bonus.

ANet frequently says things in a clumsy manner that gets people fired up or leads to misunderstandings. I’m thinking this is just one more.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

…but we still made our voices heard! Good job, community!

And a big “thank you” to ArenaNet as well, for listening, not burying their heads in the sand, and quickly addressing the vast majority of concerns. This is why I’m still an ardent supporter after 3 years (not including the time in GW1).

Will be purchasing the Ultimate later today…

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Posted by: Wrobelmen.5408

Wrobelmen.5408

I would only suggest one option that, when added to the Ultimate version significantly improve its sales, namely unlimited access to the Super Adventure Box *

• Forgive me for my English.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Stop mixing things up please and use the correct dates.

Extra character slot read bolded part

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

What you mixed it up with and got wrong date is the refund on base game for people.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

So, if they gave the people that bought the game after release all the same stuff that people who pre-ordered received, why then would people pre-order? FYI: All games do this, or do you not have a Gamestop where you live? Even if you do not have a Gamestop, have you seen a commercial for any major game advertised that didn’t have pre-order only items attached? Dragon Age, God of War, Halo, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, etc, etc, etc. All games do this to entice players to “buy now”. Anet is not a pioneer in this regard, even among MMO’s. (please see SW:ToR, WoW, Rift, etc).

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Please wake up. Please wake up. Please wake up.

This is 2015.

Pretty much every new game has a thing called ‘pre-order’ or ‘pre-purchase’ and when you do that there is generally SOME form of ‘bonus content’ you get for pre-purchase/ordering that others who DON’T pre-purchase/order get when the game is actually released.

End of story.

Get used to it.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

So, if they gave the people that bought the game after release all the same stuff that people who pre-ordered received, why then would people pre-order? FYI: All games do this, or do you not have a Gamestop where you live? Even if you do not have a Gamestop, have you seen a commercial for any major game advertised that didn’t have pre-order only items attached? Dragon Age, God of War, Halo, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, etc, etc, etc. All games do this to entice players to “buy now”. Anet is not a pioneer in this regard, even among MMO’s. (please see SW:ToR, WoW, Rift, etc).

Except it’s not a pre-order, rather a pre-purchase. You have to pay for it before you even know what you’re buying.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Anet is also not giving a free copy of GW2 until HoT comes out. Then the game+HoT will be $60 and HoT+Character slot also $60 this sounds good no? why do you need more? There’s already a built in function in the game for you to start saving gold to save $10 not a lot of games allow you to spend in game money to save real money be thankful.

Maybe you should read what they say in their blogposts

Every edition of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns includes access to the core Guild Wars 2 game, so you can start your journey right away

Source

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-is-available-for-pre-purchase/

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

Stop mixing things up please and use the correct dates.

Extra character slot read bolded part

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

What you mixed it up with and got wrong date is the refund on base game for people.

For all players who purchased the Guild Wars 2 core game from our website and registered it between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 in anticipation of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, we will automatically refund what you paid for the core game should you decide to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our website or in-game store any time through July 31, 2015.

Ok, my mistake, but the main point stands: that it only applies if you pre-purchase (and it’s still possible that the pre-purchase period ends on July 31st but it’s up to you when you register that update – provided you do it before the game releases).

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I don’t even need the character slot. I jus’ needa discount. ;3

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Ain’t nobody got time for multiple alts...

/15chars

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

Another question: what about people who in anticipation of HoT went to their local retailer to purchase base GW2 after Jan 23rd, 2015 instead of this website? Are they just out of luck?

I think it is a very good idea that ANet does sell through retailers, but if they want the advantages that comes with in terms of distribution, they need to support it properly. Especially in this case, in light of confusing and poor choice of wording on the HoT FAQ.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

First I want to know what I get. Simple, isnt it?
Yeah, its that simple

don’t buy a pig in a poke

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

(edited by Lyp Sao.1375)

Posted by: Binxy.7658

Binxy.7658

My feedback has always been that I think the expansion is overpriced by about $20 I think it should be $30 and come with a char slot. I would pay $40 though because I really love the game, but the fact of the matter is that the expansion doesnt offer enough content for $50 compared to what I can buy else where. For $10 more I can buy Fallout 4. The news hasnt convinced me that for $50 I will get even half of the content of Fallout 4 so why should I pay that.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Woo! I still don’t know if it’s $50 worth of content, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it ISN’T $50 worth of content! But I’m glad they listened. It’s a comprehensive enough solution that I’m actually pretty sure I’m going to end up getting the expac. Thanks Anet!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Thank you ArenaNet! Ignore the Negative Nancys and Debbie Downers! All in all, GW2 and HoT is the best bang for your buck MMO any way you slice it! Not only that, but it is THE BEST MMO on the market. You all put a lot of love in your game and it is obvious! Thank you!

As they’re expected to sell 2 million copies of what in my opinion is an overpriced upgrade to existing software, ignoring current customers is only feasible if they’re selling targets are being met. Many “Veterans” of the game have begun looking at HoT as consumers which isn’t a good sign for sales as this software update is thin in substance.

Call me a Sceptical Stan

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

If they had partnered with retailers that did International shipping for the boxed copy, I would have pre-purchased it.

But after realizing there won’t be any boxed copies until the release date, I still won’t be bothering with the pre-purchase.

Posted by: Binxy.7658

Binxy.7658

If you want me to pre buy an expansion then show me why it is worth $50. I love this game but I sincerely doubt that this expansion is going to be worth the money, sorry.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I agree; it definitely shows class on ANet’s part.

But, I also agree that you should add this to the other set of forums.

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

I have over 700 hours into the game and missed the cut-off for refund by 5 days. I guess I’m not veteran enough. I’m not mad, but it does kind of suck. $50 is still too much, but I don’t mind paying it as much because the game is enjoyable.

I will NOT pre-order however.

Posted by: olTThreelo.6710

olTThreelo.6710

You really want to get people to pre-purchase instead of waiting for the release to make an informed decision whether to buy or not, don’t you?

Exactly.

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

So, I just got home, just saw the blog post, and…I’m still not buying HoT. I don’t need an extra character slot, I need to know what makes this worth buying at $50 – nothing so far adds up to that amount. Drop the price to $35, maybe even $40, for an expansion-only variant, and then I’ll buy it.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

This community can never be pleased.

It is standard MMO practice for any expansion that adds new character classes to also include at least one additional character slot by default. See: WoW, Guild Wars 1, etc.

The problem with this “clarification” is that you ONLY get this benefit if you pre-purchase.

In other words, you are expected to pre-purchase for a “bonus” that is seen as normal in almost every other comparable game out there. It’s like buying a plane ticket at the gate, and finding out the seat is not included, since you didn’t order your ticket well in advance.

Pre-purchasing as a practice is inherently anti-consumer. We are literally paying for a promise. We have no guarantee as to the quality of the product, or if we’ll even get the product (if ArenaNet goes under before release, for example). This move strongarms people into pre-purchasing if they want that slot

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Just pre-ordered delux, and I am happy to do it, and happy to support Anet now that they fixed grandfathering for traits, and the free char slot.

Its funny, when I was angry about the char slot thing, I wanted to buy the 50$ version, but because of these recent customer support actions I am proud to throw them a little more money. maybe make some new raids with it . Although tbh, I have no need for a 10th char slot. I guess I can use it for key farming? Or finally taking on the challenge of running straight to arah from starter zone lol.

I admit the preorder thing kinda stinks, but I also understand that preorder sales numbers are probably big for the corporate side of things. I think this is a solid middle ground compromise. Neither side got 100% of what they wanted, but both sides got a bit.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

So, now that it’s obvious this isn’t going to go away any time soon, and it’s not conveniently confined to just the official forums, if we’ll go ahead and give them our money in advance even though we don’t still know exactly what we’re getting (if, that is, there’s more to it than we’ve been shown) or when we’re going to get it, they’ll be so kind as to give us the free character slot they should have given us in the first place.

Um.

Nope.

What’s in HoT that we haven’t got? Is it for real, or something it’s not? It’s almost the same we paid for the game when it was new. When is it due?

If anet won’t say, I won’t pay. I’ll tell you what’s true, neither should you.

TRUTH!!!

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I still won’t be pre-purchasing it or purchasing it. While the extra character slot is a nice incentive, it is also a band-aid response. What do we need 2 extra character slots for? Wouldn’t some gems have sufficed, how about dropping the prices of expansion by $10 on each version. The reason being is that they want your money via pre-purchase, they do not care once they have it. It is all a numbers game for them, HoT has already failed with its greedy and flawed business model. These goodwill bonuses of free character slots and gems will be gone upon release because they want you to feel that you ‘need’ these items and must pre-purchase but that is not true. If they cared about the playerbase they would have been standard given out to all current players now instead. They have showed us nothing about the expac that is worthy of 50, 75 or 100 dollars. Any trait/skill changes are happening to the game anyway so you don’t miss out, what are we paying for then? Does anyone actually know? A new class and a few maps is all I can see, is that worth it?

Well they have ruined what GW was for me, between lazy writing in the personal story, lackluster content with living story and the only content updates we ever see being gem store items upon gem store items…. GW is ruined.

I won’t be ever buying HoT, I am done with gems, screw every future expansion and giant middle finger to the greed of the company.
(That finger only half the size of the one they gave this community time and again)

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I’m fine with the price with the character slot for existing players added in. GJ on not ignoring this issue.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Hate to quote myself, but since my question got ignored for several pages, I’m gonna repeat it:

Just for clarification- did I get the blog post right, that pre-purchase continues until July 31st?

Gaile? Regina? Anyone?

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

I still won’t be pre-purchasing it or purchasing it. While the extra character slot is a nice incentive, it is also a band-aid response. What do we need 2 extra character slots for? Wouldn’t some gems have sufficed, how about dropping the prices of expansion by $10 on each version. The reason being is that they want your money via pre-purchase, they do not care once they have it. It is all a numbers game for them, HoT has already failed with its greedy and flawed business model. These goodwill bonuses of free character slots and gems will be gone upon release because they want you to feel that you ‘need’ these items and must pre-purchase but that is not true. If they cared about the playerbase they would have been standard given out to all current players now instead. They have showed us nothing about the expac that is worthy of 50, 75 or 100 dollars. Any trait/skill changes are happening to the game anyway so you don’t miss out, what are we paying for then? Does anyone actually know? A new class and a few maps is all I can see, is that worth it?

Well they have ruined what GW was for me, between lazy writing in the personal story, lackluster content with living story and the only content updates we ever see being gem store items upon gem store items…. GW is ruined.

I won’t be ever buying HoT, I am done with gems, screw every future expansion and giant middle finger to the greed of the company.
(That finger only half the size of the one they gave this community time and again)

Dude. It’s 50 bucks. I don’t know what world you live in but that’s not an insane price point. Sure it’s a tad high for what we’ve seen but every game and expansion a net has made has been awesome. They’re also giving out a toN of refunds. You’re being way to crazy

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

The OP’s point is quite valid. Any veteran player that buys and links HoT to his old account should get something.

It’s simple matter of fairness. New players get core game + HoT rolled into one for price of x-pac alone. Old players who do not choose to make new account (taking up server space and other resources), but instead link HoT to their old account, should get something too. Like that extra character slot.

Still at least A-net moved a bit torwards us veterans (and it’s own interest along the way). For me personally now it’s more of an “50$ is ten bucks too much for me”, rather then “I won’t support this sleeze”.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The OP’s point is quite valid. Any veteran player that buys and links HoT to his old account should get something.

It’s simple matter of fairness. New players get core game + HoT rolled into one for price of x-pac alone. Old players who do not choose to make new account (taking up server space and other resources), but instead link HoT to their old account, should get something too. Like that extra character slot.

Still at least A-net moved a bit torwards us veterans (and it’s own interest along the way). For me personally now it’s more of an “50$ is ten bucks too much for me”, rather then “I won’t support this sleeze”.

You mean playing the game for as long as you did, got you nothing? You mean you weren’t around to unlock every episode of the Living Story Season 2 for free. Maybe you played none of season 1.

You get something. You get to play the game which you bought. Since we now know that all the prior games will be included in each expansion, I suggest you wait 10 years till the last expansion, but it and get all the expansions free, except for that last one.

The rest of us will be here, playing the game and having a good time.

Posted by: mmiminoo.4319

mmiminoo.4319

Hi Anet and community manager Gaile Gray
Sorry for my bad english :/

I play this game two days after launch.
Last year you have BIG update to MEGA server -> that was first nail in to the grave…
Second nail was announced price for HoT expansion…
Third nail was YOURs apologized to community…

Thats all is your reward for LOYAL players ?

“between January 23, 2015 and June 16, 2015 " why you ONLY prefer this players ????

What with players which play from game start ?

Players buy loot of Gems for real money… -> what you do with that ?

I am not satisfied with you politics.

I am big Fun GW2 i called 3 frends to play GW2I did not expect any small reward for that (other games have “call your frend” program)

But what i see now " i WAS " big fan…

This expansion HoT is to small for that big price..
Have only ONE new played profesion (after 3years ?? )
Two times i muss change my traits and unclok again !!!! now third time ?
(fourth nail in to the grave)

Day when you launch HoT i END with this game….

(edited by mmiminoo.4319)

Posted by: Yuri Kwon.1069

Yuri Kwon.1069

My feedback has always been that I think the expansion is overpriced by about $20 I think it should be $30 and come with a char slot. I would pay $40 though because I really love the game, but the fact of the matter is that the expansion doesnt offer enough content for $50 compared to what I can buy else where. For $10 more I can buy Fallout 4. The news hasnt convinced me that for $50 I will get even half of the content of Fallout 4 so why should I pay that.

Just don’t buy xpac and pay for Fallout 4. You might play for 100 hrs max i guess. I would rather buy xpac and play hundreds or thousands hrs. Good-Bye

Ms Jeanne / 80 Theif / [Kiwi] Gamers World
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

A character slot should be included with HoT even if people buy it after it comes out.
The character slot is required to make HoT fully functional.

Oh my freaking God !!!

This community is going down the rabbit hole so fast……….

You don’t like it don’t prepurchase ! but you know you’re gonna prepurchase anyway, so you’re being sarcastic !!!!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I tend to think of the free patch completely revamping how traits work as a part of the expansion. The only reason it is not directly a part of the expansion is to insure fairness, which really is a point in ANet’s favor.

Really, you shouldn’t think about it like that. The trait system was something Anet messed up over a year ago, stayed silent about even though the playerbase was vocal about not liking it, and has only recently given us any indication they were looking into changing it. So no. This is a long overdue fix for a problem they created and definitely not a point in Anet’s favor.

Posted by: neonis.3974

neonis.3974

A character slot should be included with HoT even if people buy it after it comes out. Only including it in the preorder is messed up.

The character slot is required to make HoT fully functional. The core game doesn’t even have enough slots for all core professions. At the very least you should add one with HoT for the new profession.

To me this feels like I’m being bullied into preordering. I would much prefer to wait until the game comes out and decide if it’s worth the price.

Pushing the preorder this hard makes it seem like you don’t have confidence in the quality of the product. If it’s a good product people will end up buying it after it comes out.

Simple fix… pre order it or forever hold your peace.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Yes. And after these 2 years of playing, i can still go full sleeze and get 5 slots for free by choosing to set up new account with HoT i purchased rather then 0 by linking it to old account (given i buy HoT after official realease that is).

50$ worth in extra slots + both games, or 0$ worth in extra slots + xpac alone.

Ofc there is a small matter of starting from scratch, but the incentive to go against the natural order of “vets stay with their accounts, new guys make new” is pretty kitten strong with that one.

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Actually, it makes more sense to offer the extra slot only on pre-purchases.
They benefit from us pre-purchasing. We have almost no benefit. So it’s only fair to reward people for pre-purchasing.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I have over 700 hours into the game and missed the cut-off for refund by 5 days. I guess I’m not veteran enough. I’m not mad, but it does kind of suck. $50 is still too much, but I don’t mind paying it as much because the game is enjoyable.

I will NOT pre-order however.

So you purchased the game 5 days after Jan 23rd? So Jan 28th? That means if you buy the HoT pre-purchase, you get refunded the price you paid for the base game. So if you bought the game at full price, you’ll be getting the expansion free. If you bought it on sale ($10) you’ll only be paying $40 for the expansion. Aren’t you kind of lucky? Instead of a free character slot, you’ll be getting either a free expansion or discounted expansion.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

I tend to think of the free patch completely revamping how traits work as a part of the expansion. The only reason it is not directly a part of the expansion is to insure fairness, which really is a point in ANet’s favor.

Really, you shouldn’t think about it like that. The trait system was something Anet messed up over a year ago, stayed silent about even though the playerbase was vocal about not liking it, and has only recently given us any indication they were looking into changing it. So no. This is a long overdue fix for a problem they created and definitely not a point in Anet’s favor.

Thats the trait adquisition system, we are getting the fix via the hero points. The revamp in traits its a different thing, they are changing how they work, etc.

Personally i think its proper they do it before HoT, but its also a balance beta -.- . Cant say its about fairness, just a better timing so we are used to it before the expansion comes.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Thank you a lot Arenanet!
I myself belong (or I did just a few minutes ago) to the group of upset veteran players. Even though I am not super rich, money was never my concern. I always knew I am gonna purchase your game no matter the price. I just wanted you to show some respect to your loyal players and let us know you appreciate loyalty and give us a little sign of that, even just a word of thanks.
I received that and you proved you listen to the feedback from your customers, so now I am super happy. Gonna make my purchase soon, looking forward to see you all guys in HoT once it’s out!

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

Actually, it makes more sense to offer the extra slot only on pre-purchases.
They benefit from us pre-purchasing. We have almost no benefit. So it’s only fair to reward people for pre-purchasing.

They could have gone a better route. Exclusive titles, exclusive finishers, exclusive armor pieces.

Namely things that are cosmetic.

I was already pretty kittened that you were already kitten in the past when you had to pay money to actually have usable bank storage but I let it slide. When EotN was released as an expansion for GW1 with no extra slots, people let it slide because at least it wasn’t priced like the other standalone campaigns.

But this is different, character slots are supposed to be standard and part of a game packaged and sold in the same price tag as a full blown standalone, whether or not if it is just an expansion.

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I think you should just throw in some gems for the vets that match the gem cost of a character slot. After the announcement that we were not getting a slot with the standard; I went and used gems to get an additional slot and I am sure many others have as well. That being said some that are buying the deluxe or more already get a character slot and probably will not need another and if they do then the gem idea would fit better as it leaves the decision up to them.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

Thank you Anet, just saw the new post, Thank you for listening to your community, I look forward to gliding for many more years

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Thank you for listening to the players.

Posted by: Ticket.9486

Ticket.9486

Dammmit! Bought a physical edition last month :/ Now I can’t refund, would’ve been awesome to refund it then get the ultimate edition SMH

But still kudos to Anet for the awesome response and patience with the community. Big ups to all of you! Now I might have to settle for the expansion plus the extra character slot