Pre-Purchase Community Address

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

Can any one tell me , if the HoT xpac is a choise for the customers (they said core game works without it) then why there isnt any core game sale at the market? I was planing to buy 2 account for my nices before HoT, now ANET forcing me to buy the HoT to play the core game. I am not going to buy HoT for myself (playing since 2012) and i will not buy HoT for my nices.

While the core game will still have the FUTURES coming with the hot, so i am not going to pay 3 small map the 150$. If they realy call this an xpac make the other parts of the maps aka Desolated Sands , Orr , northern shiverpeaks, rest of the maguma ect ect. Shortly make the whole map that is shown when you push the M button.

ANET has waited 3 years for to make the first xpac of the Guild wars 2 and in that they have made a 3 small map which covers the 1/3 of maguma jungle.

You are trying to sell us some futures not an expansion. So stop calling this thing an expansion. I dont know what you did to your old Guild Wars 1 development team but if you fired them, call them back and let them teach your inexperienced develepment team how to make an expansion

Exp: Factions + Nightfall + Eye of the North

These are expansions , not this mutant you are forcing us to buy.

You will actually be receiving both for the price of one, because Anet is generous to new players! Your point about the time-frame they have had to produce this expansion though is SPOT ON. 3 years, 3 maps. Are they working on Windows 95?

Also, LOL at the GW1 developer content, I fully agree. Get the original lore writers and the original team to have more creative control

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Many people that seem so happy about the char slot are also forgetting 1 thing: char slots can be bought with in game gold in a matter of days.

People have been easily blinded by the char slot that arenow hailing Anet as gods. I find it pathetic as it doesnt address the main issue.

For those that had an issue with the price they still have it (while for some, that issue by itself is something they can settle with, while the combination of issues isn’t). I have said that from my first post here, Anet will still have to proof to them that the GW2 expansion is worth a price above what the market does. For a B2P game that price makes sense but as GW2 has behaved last a cash-shop games the last 2,5 year many look at other cash-shop games to decide a price and so find it to expensive.

That said, I still praised Anet for what they did. The way they handled the people who did buy the game during the last year, and that they indeed do give one out one character-slot is just very good. You are right, it does not solve the issue a lot of people have with the price itself but it did fix the other issues people had.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

How will this be of effect towards vets that has been playing since day one but arn’t altoholics. The extra slot doesn’t do anything for me.I mean yeah,youve listend to feedback for once which is very nice and decided to do someting about it,but this doesn’t apply for me.Now ill still spend 50 bucks and have an extra slot i will never use.I know,you can’t please everyone,in this case im still not pleased and will still not be buying the expansion.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

This community can never be pleased.

you wouldn’t want to be part of a pvp game where players refuse to fight.

something must always be wrong so we have a reason to fight, it’s for our own good!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The problem with what was revealed to be in HoT so far is that nearly everything is like an expanded Feature Pack. We still have no clue what HoT will bring to the table as true content, like maps, dungeons, challenging group content, storyline, adventures etc

The only actual content they released so far is the acquisition of Guild Halls. Everything else is pure mechanics, an expansion doesn’t need only mechanics.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Can any one tell me , if the HoT xpac is a choise for the customers (they said core game works without it) then why there isnt any core game sale at the market? I was planing to buy 2 account for my nices before HoT, now ANET forcing me to buy the HoT to play the core game. I am not going to buy HoT for myself (playing since 2012) and i will not buy HoT for my nices.

While the core game will still have the FUTURES coming with the hot, so i am not going to pay 3 small map the 150$. If they realy call this an xpac make the other parts of the maps aka Desolated Sands , Orr , northern shiverpeaks, rest of the maguma ect ect. Shortly make the whole map that is shown when you push the M button.

ANET has waited 3 years for to make the first xpac of the Guild wars 2 and in that they have made a 3 small map which covers the 1/3 of maguma jungle.

You are trying to sell us some futures not an expansion. So stop calling this thing an expansion. I dont know what you did to your old Guild Wars 1 development team but if you fired them, call them back and let them teach your inexperienced develepment team how to make an expansion

Factions and Nightfall is no expansion… Eye of the North is so compair what you got from EotN to what we will get from HoT After the release of HoT

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Animism.9803

This feels like a lot of loyal fans are incredibly displeased still, and the aim of a game expansion should be great news for all veteran players, whilst giving a hefty amount of interest for new players to join. I don’t think this is happening though. I’m skeptical, whilst feeling a bit bad for Anet. Maybe the fault lies with creative control, maybe Arenanet lost it to those who funded the game. Maybe they ran out of money initially and had to cut things short, changing what they had planned for the game and forcing constant small and pointless gem purchases that barely anyone is interested it.

You know what, if GW2 was subscription based, and the quality was relative, i’d subscribe to the bloody thing… But i’m sick of seeing so much emphasis on gem sales.

Animism.9803

Factions and Nightfall is no expansion… Eye of the North is so compair what you got from EotN to what we will get from HoT After the release of HoT

Actually we got tons of stuff with EotN. Mucho maps, Mucho story! Much feature.

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Pd5: This is a simple and fast analysis, not gonna spend much time in something semiaceptable -.-

Oooooor… one could just argue that if you where going to buy gems anyway, you get HoT for about the same cost as basic anyway if you dont value the fluff very highly. No mathematical analysis required. I got ultimate edition because I really need to expand my bank tabs/inventory space so I have some QoL and that’s about that (So. Much. Gearsets. Argh!).

Aye!, but the point was to disable him lol (Yeah i bought 3 bank spaces with the gems that i got from ultimate).

Plus was kinda different -.- , was more to stating the difference of this debate between new an old players in math.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: meryp.9574

meryp.9574

Some pages on the internet as MMOGA and XTRALIFE offered pre-purchase. Are we going to receive the character slot although we have not purchased the update from the game?

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

As for Gw1, they released Cantha and Elona After 1 and 2 years respectively, price was fair everyone got a free char slot or 2 and there was none of this crap going on.

Forward to present day, as of a year ago Anet didnt know in what form they wanted to present new content, Living story or expansion?

Games get cheaper over time and Gw2 is no different but it is not so bloody hard to offer a separate expansion upgrade to previous owners and the standard bundle to newcomers, they just do not want to do it. Greed and lazyness took over Anet. Like some people have mentioned earlier, the old team was much better.

Gw1 was made with much love, Gw2 is a cash cow loaded with greed and glowing dollar sign eyeballs.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It’s almost like they desperately need a massive influx of cash.

The table is a fable.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Yea yea, again lets compair again after the release of HoT.
In my opinion so only from the information we have got now HoT will bring us mucho map size, mucho story! and grande features.

Animism.9803

In my opinion so only from the information we have got now HoT will bring us mucho map size, mucho story! and grande features.

Mucho 3 maps. Judging from previous efforts for story and their interest in presenting and using the story as a selling device, I’d put my bets that it will again be sub-par. And grande features, we’ve had nothing of real substance since the release of the game, though from what has been announced, will likely be pretty decent.

Ricky.4706

can you imagine trying to keep a staff of 280 paid weekly, paying server / operational costs, offering health insurance and overtime for an art team, a developer coding team, an IT team on call 24/7, a marketing team, a pr / forum team, all while keeping corporate investors happy with a gem store selling kites and skins ?

try to understand their side when negotiating so you know what can be reasonably negotiated. I couldn’t begin to imagine the amount of stress they have to endure just to keep up with lifes demands, let alone this forum ….and me …heck, I can be a handful all by myself !! lol

my thoughts, they waited a looong time to put out an expansion. Hopefully now they will keep them coming out on a regular schedule so they don’t have to play catch up with prices next time :p

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Nimarrna.5924

Nimarrna.5924

Thank you very much for listening.The issue i had was ‘’feeling left out’‘.I didn’t want to spend more money on a character slot so i could play the new class i already payed for.

That was my only issue.

The specializations,new class,pvp, the new wvw map,the skill system and trait revamp (even if we get it for free you guys worked a lot on it),the guild halls and mastery systems are worth the 45€ in my eyes.Me and my boyfriend will be pre-purchasing for sure.

(edited by Nimarrna.5924)

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Mucho 3 maps. Judging from previous efforts for story and their interest in presenting and using the story as a selling device, I’d put my bets that it will again be sub-par. And grande features, we’ve had nothing of real substance since the release of the game, though from what has been announced, will likely be pretty decent.

Read again pls… I said SIZE not numbers. As for the story what you are saying is just an opinion on what you like or not and has nothing to do with it’s content. And for the rest of it you are just guessing. I am not gonna try to convince anyone to anything. If you don’t think it is enough then it isn’t enough for you. I on the other hand think it will be awesome as the rest of the game has been and I beleave that the Expansion is an expansion worth the title of an expansion.

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

^Not your’s or any of the costumers fault that they got in this financial issue they should not get a pat on their back and our money because of that. We all have to pay for our mistakes they should also.

Ricky.4706

and the other option is let the game fall ?

sorry, I’m a fan, and I really meant it. I’m buying the next version, not because i’m bored, not because i can’t wait to see whats next ….but because i’m a fan that believes they need my support too.

although, i won’t lie, i’m waiting to see what else yall can bargain, I’m still a bargain hunter too lol – but in this case, their well being comes first for me.

my only hope, they stop and take back all the times they infracted me on the forum…..sure sure…yall had this forum under control lol – i know my pvp people, we fight….that’s what we do! asking for peace in a war game is not logical :p

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Animism.9803

Read again pls… I said SIZE not numbers. As for the story what you are saying is just an opinion on what you like or not and has nothing to do with it’s content. And for the rest of it you are just guessing. I am not gonna try to convince anyone to anything. If you don’t think it is enough then it isn’t enough for you. I on the other hand think it will be awesome as the rest of the game has been and I beleave that the Expansion is an expansion worth the title of an expansion.

Sorry if you thought i misread, i didn’t, essence still the same. And yes it is opinion, the point being, a pretty widespread opinion.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

@starlinvf.1358:]

This is a well written passage that has nothing to do with what I said, Whether you liked every reward, didn’t like every reward, liked every chapter, didn’t like every chapter, liked some chapters, didn’t like some chapters, there was stuff given to Vets that new players don’t get. Some of my favorite experiences were in Living World Season 1, which I got to play…the Marionette, the Nightmare Tower, Escape from Lion’s Arch. Even stuff like the Bazaar of the Four Winds, which lots of people did like, is not likely to return.

So while much of what you say is true, it still changes nothing I’ve said.

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Yes let them fall or else they are gonna keep thinking that they can make less content and of less quality for the same price of the base game. They will reach a point where they will sell us a expansion 1/3 the size of HOT at same price with even less features.

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Best possible fix for the situation, good job

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was very happy to see this announcement.

Whilst it’s not the major reason I was holding off on pre-purchasing (combination of wanting to see offers from 3rd parties and wanting to book my holiday 1st) it has made me feel like HoT is more worth the purchase price.

Although it doesn’t affect me personally I was especially happy for the confirmation that anyone who’s bought the game recently can get a refund and then buy HoT without losing their progress. That to me was the bigger concern than ‘veteran’ players being upset that they didn’t get something extra.

I have to admit I still feel like we haven’t seen enough of what’s included to make an informed decision. But in my case I was 99% sure I was going to buy it from when it was first announced, so that doesn’t bother me too much. They’d have to announce something really terrible to put me off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Vayne.8563

Yes let them fall or else they are gonna keep thinking that they can make less content and of less quality for the same price of the base game. They will reach a point where they will sell us a expansion 1/3 the size of HOT at same price with even less features.

Depends on how much content they give us included in that price after the fact though.

Ricky.4706

nah vayne, i’m not buying it, i’m still upset that legendaries glow prettier than the hall of monuments stuff from gw1 – how many years and how many hidden areas did i have to grind to get it ????!

I’m a fan , but i aint rolling like that ….i should have been glowing with particle effects coming out my ears from beta….

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

I thought pre-purchase was for beta entry and title. Where does it say that the same bundle offers and price will change at release?

Vayne.8563

nah vayne, i’m not buying it, i’m still upset that legendaries glow prettier than the hall of monuments stuff from gw1 – how many years and how many hidden areas did i have to grind to get it ????!

I’m a fan , but i aint rolling like that ….i should have been glowing with particle effects coming out my ears from beta….

It would have been the absolute wrong thing to do. Hall of Monuments weapons were never meant to be better than any other skin in the game. They were meant to be souvenirs.

Because if you make them better, then everyone who’s new to the game will feel obligated to get and play a different game in order to get those skins, and that was never the intention of HoM rewards. I have them all and I’m happy with them. They weren’t meant to be end game weapons that we’d have forever. If that were the case, we’d never have to go for a weapon skin again. We were done before the game launched. That would have been bad planning.

I submit that your expectations for what HoM weapons were supposed to be is probably off kilter.

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

Meh… I have no use for a character slot… I can tolerate the one in Ultimate Edition, but not a 2nd one. 800 gems would have been more enticing.

New patch also made the only character/class I enjoyed to be boring and kitten…

Enjoy the Expansion to whoever gets it, my Hype Train came to a full stop and going backwards now.

Posted by: Smokeypancake.9267

Smokeypancake.9267

Am I the only who refuses to pre-order (and especially pre-purchase) because I consider it to be awful for the gaming industry in general? This announcement doesn’t really change anything for me, so I still won’t be getting it until I know it is worth it. That means I’ll be missing out on the character slot for not pre-purchasing, so I won’t be bothering at all. This ‘deal’ still screws people who wait to find out what they are buying before dumping money on things. As well as all the people who get told the expansion is good and that they should buy it. But I guess you don’t have any faith in your product itself so are trying to get as many pre-purchases as possible before the reviews hit. Call me cynical, but I’m sick of awful games being ‘released’ in half completed states. Even if I have faith in the company I still won’t do it (see: recent controversy over Batman: Arkham Knight). Ya’ll need to listen to TotalBiscuit more.

Oh well. Been a good 10 years Anet.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Am I the only who refuses to pre-order (and especially pre-purchase) because I consider it to be awful for the gaming industry in general? This announcement doesn’t really change anything for me, so I still won’t be getting it until I know it is worth it. That means I’ll be missing out on the character slot for not pre-purchasing, so I won’t be bothering at all. This ‘deal’ still screws people who wait to find out what they are buying before dumping money on things. As well as all the people who get told the expansion is good and that they should buy it. But I guess you don’t have any faith in your product itself so are trying to get as many pre-purchases as possible before the reviews hit. Call me cynical, but I’m sick of awful games being ‘released’ in half completed states. Even if I have faith in the company I still won’t do it (see: recent controversy over Batman: Arkham Knight). Ya’ll need to listen to TotalBiscuit more.

Not the only one.
My comment on page 8: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Pre-Purchase-Community-Address/5192345

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Well you can still prepurchase only when more info is available. For example, you wait until the last moment before HoT releases, or you wait until after the first few beta events to see the feedback?

Yes prepurchasing blindly isn’t a good thing but there might be a point where enough info is available at all where you’ll feel confident in what you’ll get? Until then, just wait and see.

But pre-purchase relies on marketing hype. You want to start the sale at the peak of interest AFTER you’ve convinced a customer they want in. But there has been a shift in marketing following the Early Access wave, where essentially the peak the interest is BEFORE showing something. This works pre-development or Pre-launch games, but doesn’t work the same way for established games which people have already bought and been playing. The disparity if even greater for AAA games and sequels, as there are a LOT of preconceptions that have to be addressed in order to generate the right hype.

Being a AAA game, you want to hype it up as much as possible, then release the pre-order at the height before game release so it over rides the hype of other games.

Since the game is coming out at the same time Fallout 4 is, my guess is they want to lock in as many sales as possible before that game takes the user base with it. But its the way they are going about it that not only insults the existing customer base, it may drive people away from the Pre-purchase, which in turn reduces the chance that they’ll come back. GW2 is one of those game’s not designed around a reward schedule, but has reward schedules built into it……. the end result is that it keeps a person playing until they inevitably get frustrated with it, and then drops it for several months. Getting players to come back after this is difficult on that merit alone; and the only reason people have been coming back is because the combat mechanics are in fact better then other MMOs out there.

Posted by: Truska.2064

Truska.2064

Nope, you’r not alone my friend.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Best possible fix for the situation, good job

No it kittening isn’t,you people all forget that not everyone is an altoholic.People playing for 3 years on 1 or 2 chars still won’t get kitten.

Ricky.4706

i disagree,

The right thing to do would have been to make those hall of monuments prerequisites for special legendaries.

1 – legendaries and titles should mean something, not just bought

2 – these new players are green behind the gills because they have NO idea how the real gw tactics work….now we just have a bunch of people running around in circles, healing and screaming for more loot. Honor should be more valuable than loot!

Vayne.8563

I didn’t realize that the conspiracy theorist’s convention was still in town.

Veterans haven’t been misled. Make no mistake. People who like the game are likely going to buy the expansion to get, not only the new content in the box, but everything they follow it up with. They’re going to want to continue the story. They’re going to want to get guild halls. They’re going to want to play the new profession. They’re going to want to glide.

Those that aren’t really fans of the game and maybe they will and maybe they won’t and Anet should bribe me with more stuff, frankly I’m not so sure why those guys should be rewarded. For sitting on the fence?

There are enough people who enjoy the game who are going to buy the expansion with or without you guys. Anet has fixed the problem for most people. The small percentage of you that still feel hard done by…if you like the game, you’re still going to by HoT.

And if you don’t…shrugs.

Do you realize how many times people have said they were leaving this game for other games. Do you remember all the ESO people who said that this game would die. Or all the Wildstar people. Or funniest of all, all the Archeage people.

Not to mention the EQ Next fans who said it’ll be the next big thing, and then Sony sold Sony Online Entertainment to an investment bank.

Anet handled the issue for most people. There’s a huge update coming today that I didn’t pay for. I’ll be online enjoying it, and proudly wearing my Maguuma Trailblazer title.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Nope, you’r not alone my friend.

Agreed. I frequently chastise my brother for buying games on Steam that have been in “early access” for 3 years because he (and people like him) are rewarding laziness and incompetence in game design.

Gamers should outright refuse to provide so much as a cent for unfinished product. We deserve better than that.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Vayne.8563

i disagree,

The right thing to do would have been to make those hall of monuments prerequisites for special legendaries.

1 – legendaries and titles should mean something, not just bought

2 – these new players are green behind the gills because they have NO idea how the real gw tactics work….now we just have a bunch of people running around in circles, healing and screaming for more loot. Honor should be more valuable than loot!

You can disagree all you want, but I was there on guru long before this game launched, and the community was actually saying the opposite of what you’re saying. They were plenty of fan comments asking for that not to happen. Because that, in and of itself, becomes a entry barrier. Anet would have been stupid to do it.

And you know, over the years, we’ve had very very few complaints about the HoM. In case you noticed, this is not a bashful community. If that was really a big deal, it would have been outed before now.

Ricky.4706

how many old players would come back if it were the case ?

I’m confident of my position no matter how many agree with you

Gw2 is built on the passion we had in Gw1 – the loot was so easy to get that it didn’t matter , what mattered was skill, teamwork and tactics. Good old fashioned pride!!
what do we have to show for it, a sword that looks like it was on fire and doused with water ? no…just no.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Hmm. I’m not sure “misled” is the right term. It’s all there in the faq – the point I want to make is that the extra character slot is only given if you pre-purchase. Whether that’s fair or not is personal opinion.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

9000+ hours play time. Even half that time my C.E. phystical edition would be worth it, but heh at double, why should I even bother to complain about HoT price? Especially with free slot.

Even with the minimal I know, i will defenitely want to play Day 1 HoT. Nice specializations, new wvw map, Stronghold (big plus for me – finally will play pvp with love), new pve story, maps, gliding, guild halls. Count me in. sure it may not be best of world, but meanwhile i still play the game free. Gw2 earned no money of me after gw2 launched, yet i played on their servers and new content. Don’t see why paying them 45 euro is that bad, unless you almost never play the game (casual).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Vayne.8563

Forum users have been misled by the title of this thread. Misleading usually means that someone is saying something that isn’t what you think it means. Anet is telling us directly what they’re giving us and what’ they’re not giving us.

Vayne.8563

how many old players would come back if it were the case ?

I’m confident of my position no matter how many agree with you

Gw2 is build on the passion we had in Gw1 – the loot was so easy to get that it didn’t matter , what mattered was skill, teamwork and tactics. Good old fashioned pride!!

The Guild Wars 1 players that like this game, and it is very different, are mostly still here. The ones that don’t like the game aren’t going to come back for a cool skin, no matter how cool it is.

Plenty of Guild Wars 1 players left this game a long time ago, but judging from the number of GWAMM titles I see floating around, plenty are still playing.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I actually was looking at playing other games if Anet was not not going to look after the Veteran’s. But since they reconsidered I am staying and going to pre-order.
I like the game and the $50 will not only give us some new maps ( which I don;t care about) but pay for the new content.

My only concern is after reading the Business Model we will be doing this again in 2-3 years.

Ricky.4706

but that means this is a different game , different genre.
It went from hard core team strategy, to casual loot loving kite flyers ? there was a formula.

we need to school our kids on the glory and passion of guildwars. -randomly zaps a noob-

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I don’t like it how ANet handled this.

They were basically bullied, yet again, into giving out refunds and MORE free stuff… They do this way too often about everything regarding the game.

Before I make the point of the thread, another thing regarding this is refunds for recently bought games. If you bought the game recently, you’re already playing and enjoying it and you will keep playing until HoT gets out.
Why on earth would someone in that position feel entitled for a refund? I would only refund that money if those people got their recently created accounts deleted, and when HoT gets out they can start over again from scratch. You think anyone in that position would take that deal? Probably not, because given that choice they would sure as hell rather shell out that little money so they could keep playing RIGHT NOW.

Now, the argument that “they’re giving us a new profession and no new char slot” was always weak at best, it’s one of those things someone thought about saying and everyone else started repeating.
The game released with 8 professions and only 5 character slots, they didn’t “make” us buy another 3 slots, did they?
How many players today play ALL the professions REGULARLY? Personally I even have repeated professions amongst my characters while other professions in game right now are no where to be found.
Why are people under the impression they HAVE to play a Revenant? I’ve heard the most absurd comments about this, some people are threating this new profession as if it’s going to be over-powered and it’s gonna be a go-Revenant-or-go-home deal.

ANet is really setting a bad example here, give a mice a cookie and he’s gonna want a glass of milk, I honestly don’t see why would anyone think they have the right to make a fuzz about this.

As for pre-purchase, use common sense, my rule is NEVER pre-purchase a game.
For the people that do it then worry if they’re gonna get their moneys worth, here’s an idea, how about you wait and see? What do you think you’ll miss out if you buy it a few days after it’s out?

I’ve been on since the start and I play most days, I’ve got more than my moneys worth several times already I don’t need and incentive, I’ll most likely buy HoT even if it’s slim.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Vayne.8563

but that means this is a different game , different genre.
It went from hard core team strategy, to casual kite flyers ? there was a formula.

First of all, a lot of it depended on how you played Guild Wars 1. I don’t really play Guild Wars 2 very differently.

Now, Guild Wars 1 had a lot of things I really liked, and a lot of things I really disliked. Still thought it was a great game. But some of the strengths of that game were also the weaknesses.

I enjoyed making builds, but I didn’t like build wars. I didn’t like pathing. I didn’t like no jumping/z axis. I didn’t like no TP. There are strengths and weaknesses in both games.

I knew from following the game before it launched that it was going to be a very different game, and I knew even more from playing the betas. Yes, it’s a different game.

In a lot of ways, I like this game MORE.

Vayne.8563

I actually was looking at playing other games if Anet was not not going to look after the Veteran’s. But since they reconsidered I am staying and going to pre-order.
I like the game and the $50 will not only give us some new maps ( which I don;t care about) but pay for the new content.

My only concern is after reading the Business Model we will be doing this again in 2-3 years.

But they’ve told you, from now on, everyone who buys the expansion is going to get all the previous versions. There’s no reason for you to play the game now and protest in 3 years time. Anet was completely transparent about this.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I am quite happy with my pre-purchase in this case, thankyouverymuch! Yes, it’s marketing. The character slot is ‘interest’ on the money I’m lending A-Net upfront, and I know that. If you don’t trust A-Net enough to give them a loan, fine. But then you can’t complain that they didn’t pay you interest, can you?

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!