That's enough!

That's enough!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Legionnaire.4059

Legionnaire.4059

I just realized how casual this community can be , i mean seriously?!?! Actualy i don’t know if casual it is the right word to describe this thing. You no longer want to do anything , you just want things done without moving a bone. There are many genius players asking :

*Q: Why there are champions for Hero points? Why the mobs are too hard to beat?
A: The game was too easy before and thats why it is called MMO you don’t solo , it is not a single player game. Also staying face to face atacking is really boring , i really like the thing that mobs have more actions like leaps and dodges.

Remember MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online , it wasn’t designed to do things solo . PS: I’m not that social but if i need help or to do something that requires more people i use LFG or ask in map/guild. It’s not hard to get into a kitten guild people are recruiting anytime.

*Q: Why are we forced to do Adventures, why do we need silver rank to complete collections/acquire mastery points?
A: Nobody forces you , if you are too lazy and want to get gold rank from the 1st try this thing won’t get you far. Tip: watch a video on youtube , somebody who made gold rank , learn from it! PS: I’m not a hardcore player and i’m not that good at this kind of things but i try do my best.

I can agree some Adventures are really hard or some of them its not your type for example Shooting Gallery for me i can’t even get silver , probably i have to practice more. But don’t tell me none of this are your type because i don’t believe you.

*Q: Why can’t I level my masteries anywhere?
A: Because you can’t go and study Medicine and become a Mechanic thats why. Gliding is not for Tyria you can’t glide there , bouncing mushrooms none of them in Tyria and so on…

*Q: Why do we have to get masteries in order to lvl them up? It’s not enough that we have to get experience? OR I just want to explore why do i have to lvl them up?
A: I don’t know guys but this sends me to think the logic here it’s something like that : "Why do they force us to play? We paid for this game , i just want to explore like in a simulator … ". That’s the jungle you have to learn in order to master it !

*Q: How can i make gold since dungeons got nerfed , why is everything too expensive ?!?!? blah blah blahh i’m lazy again , i don’ want to play …
A: Of course the things are more expensive now there are many new things to craft. Nothing changed it was like before the expansion , every major updates did that. For example when Ascended Crafting came out. For example Silk scraps from 8 copper to 3 silver back then , linen also … They had to do something also with leather it was too cheap , you could sell it at vendor if you had too much of it.

Doing dungeons just for gold is absolutely sad , yea you won’t see many people doing dungeons these days probably because of that nerf (lol) or because NEW CONTENT! Now you can make more gold by selling these mats if you don’t need them than running a dungeon even if the reward wasn’t nerfed.

I’m not saying i like eveything about this Expansion and i’ll tell you what:

• Time Gated stuff – i don’t like waiting in for something in order to get it and i don’t talk about doing events to get to a boss or something like that , when i say waiting i mean afk/not doing anything until the event spawns without beign able to progress in that time.
  • Some bosses don’t reward enough compared to time spend killing. Or maybe i’m wrong because i’m not an economist.

Yea there are more things to talk about / answer but i’ll stop. Have a nice day!

EDIT: I’m responsible for what i say not what you understand!

(edited by Legionnaire.4059)

That's enough!

Posted by: MacDaniel of the isles.5910

MacDaniel of the isles.5910

Yes! Finally! Well said.

That's enough!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

There will always be complaints because some people think the game is made for themselves instead of for the community.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

That's enough!

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

you have an opinion. So have others.

That's enough!

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

I’m not sure what your point is other than to berate others for being unhappy. In your post you tell people to quit complaining then admit there are aspects you don’t like either.

So… quit complaining about those aspects, then?

Perhaps you should research what an MMO really is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

That's enough!

Posted by: Somnium Luna.6294

Somnium Luna.6294

Well said OP. I wanted to write similar thing myself. People complain about everything. They introduced harder and funnier content still people cry I can’t explore. For, you have real word go explore it if you just wanna see things. People say vanilla was nice, for solo exploring and enjoy sight seeing. It was just content worth playing once, with boring hearth quest. If you like it just go and watch nature, no one forces you to play in the jungle. You don’t need legendary armor gated behind raids for that. I am glad we finally got over press 1 1 1 boring world boss content or clear mobs attacking object by relaxing spaming AOE.

(edited by Somnium Luna.6294)

That's enough!

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The OP is just another person complaining about the people that have complaints.

When he has his own complaints about the game, hypocritical.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

That's enough!

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Quote:
*Q: Why are we forced to do Adventures, why do we need silver rank to complete collections/acquire mastery points?
A: Nobody forces you , if you are too lazy and want to get gold rank from the 1st try this thing won’t get you far. Tip: watch a video on youtube , somebody who made gold rank , learn from it! PS: I’m not a hardcore player and i’m not that good at this kind of things but i try do my best.
I can agree some Adventures are really hard or some of them its not your type for example Shooting Gallery for me i can’t even get silver , probably i have to practice more. But don’t tell me none of this are your type because i don’t believe you.

Yes, you are forced to do ‘adventures’. Stupid gimmicky time gated sometimes unavailable mini games is a better description. You need 13 silver to complete your mastery lines in H0T if you pick up every other point from everywhere except raids.

Not everyone has hours to spare or wants to spend their short, valuable leisure time doing something they despise (if it’s even open when they can log in). Having to watch a video in order to have some clue of how to complete this garbage isn’t my idea of fun content either.

As for champs on hero points, I suggest you try and reach the ones in DS, or just log in to maps outside of prime time and see how easy it is to get people to help at a HP. Remember, you just spent 30 minutes out of your hour of game time reaching that spot (or triggered it and died, now waiting 8 minutes for respawn), now you find out you need help- spam lfg, map chat, etc and nothing- turns out the meta is in progress on another map and people will come to help you when that finishes- in about an hour. Game session over. Was it in any way fun? Does it make you excited to log in and play tomorrow? No.

And exp for masteries is gated so they force you to play the maps, making their metrics look better as well as hopefully pushing enough people in to metas to say they are a success too.

It’s a shame exp gained in wvw is complete wasted- doesn’t count towards anything at all- and the reward chests don’t stack either.

Doing chest runs in SW is about as mindless as it is possible to get without actually having a bot play the game for you, but is one of the best ways of making gold in the game.

Game has become a time gated event gated grind fest and is no longer ‘play how you like’ but ‘play what we force you to’.

That's enough!

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

*Q: How can i make gold since dungeons got nerfed , why is everything too expensive ?!?!? blah blah blahh i’m lazy again , i don’ want to play …
A: Of course the things are more expensive now there are many new things to craft. Nothing changed it was like before the expansion , every major updates did that. For example when Ascended Crafting came out. For example Silk scraps from 8 copper to 3 silver back then , linen also … They had to do something also with leather it was too cheap , you could sell it at vendor if you had too much of it.

Actually that’s not true. They heavily nerfed the gold rewards of dungeons. And heavily means you get like 20 silver for a completed dungeon. I get almost the same amount from a champion bag which requires less effort. Especially on the new maps.

That's enough!

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Actually that’s not true. They heavily nerfed the gold rewards of dungeons. And heavily means you get like 20 silver for a completed dungeon. I get almost the same amount from a champion bag which requires less effort. Especially on the new maps.

Wait, they nerfed the gold rewards down to 20 silver? Forgive me, I’m aware they had plans to nerf but I have not done dungeons since the update. That’s what it was at launch.

That kind of ticks me off that their solution to funnel people into content they enjoy was to destroy the unique experiences they themselves worked hard to create. I mean if that’s the reward for dungeons, just get rid of Explorable mode then. kitten .

That's enough!

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

Wait, they nerfed the gold rewards down to 20 silver? Forgive me, I’m aware they had plans to nerf but I have not done dungeons since the update. That’s what it was at launch.

That kind of ticks me off that their solution to funnel people into content they enjoy was to destroy the unique experiences they themselves worked hard to create. I mean if that’s the reward for dungeons, just get rid of Explorable mode then. kitten .

Hmm I just looked up in the wiki and I was mistaken by the amount. Fast paths went down to 35s which is still a joke.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon#Bonus_Chests

Only Arah still gives a nice amount but takes really long as everybody knows. Anything else became a big waste of time. Any of the new maps gives us more gold in the same time. I only went CoE for 2 more days after HoT release because I needed the tokens for armor.

That's enough!

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

it takes 80+ hours of silverwastes chest farming in order to be able to experience the raid.

80 hours of non stop grind.

Let that sink in for a minute.

I call bs. Have you done the math? Then show us. Also, ascended for raid isnt necessary as been pointed out many times. Sure most ppl might say you must have it to join them, but that is not a valid reason to say you MUST farm for ascended. You dont HAVE TO farm silverwastes, and you dont HAVE TO have acended for raids.

Deal with it or go home

That's enough!

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

it takes 80+ hours of silverwastes chest farming in order to be able to experience the raid.

I call bs. Have you done the math? Then show us. Also, ascended for raid isnt necessary as been pointed out many times. Sure most ppl might say you must have it to join them, but that is not a valid reason to say you MUST farm for ascended. You dont HAVE TO farm silverwastes, and you dont HAVE TO have acended for raids.

Deal with it or go home

Silverwastes gives roughly 10g per hour (often times less). You also need to do the meta event to get keys so that adds to the time. A full set of ascended armor if you buy everything off the TP costs roughly 700-800g and you also have to level crafting.

I have tried literally every way of making gold and Silverwastes is still the most reliable way to earn a bit of gold. Doing the full DS event I make roughly 2-4g total if I sell everything and sell all the mats after the event. That´s 2-4g for an hour and a half of playing the game “normally”.

And you DO have to have ascended if you want to raid with pugs. First thing that gets asked now when you join a group is to ping your gear. You also need to be the right class (sorry thieves, no raiding for you) and have to have the right build.

I don´t want to raid with a guild because then you have to follow raid schedules etc… which makes the game feel more like work than an actual game.

That's enough!

Valentine.4286

Deal with it or go home

Silverwastes gives roughly 10g per hour (often times less). You also need to do the meta event to get keys so that adds to the time. A full set of ascended armor if you buy everything off the TP costs roughly 700-800g and you also have to level crafting.

I have tried literally every way of making gold and Silverwastes is still the most reliable way to earn a bit of gold. Doing the full DS event I make roughly 2-4g total if I sell everything and sell all the mats after the event. That´s 2-4g for an hour and a half of playing the game “normally”.

And you DO have to have ascended if you want to raid with pugs. First thing that gets asked now when you join a group is to ping your gear. You also need to be the right class (sorry thieves, no raiding for you) and have to have the right build.

I don´t want to raid with a guild because then you have to follow raid schedules etc… which makes the game feel more like work than an actual game.

Thats your math? Way to many variables, cant take you seriously with that.. And yes, lots of ppl ask for it. But not everyone, its not a must. But I dont care, I got my sets and you wont see reason just because I say something. Enjoy silverwastes

That's enough!

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Yes, you are forced to do ‘adventures’. Stupid gimmicky time gated sometimes unavailable mini games is a better description. You need 13 silver to complete your mastery lines in H0T if you pick up every other point from everywhere except raids.

Not everyone has hours to spare or wants to spend their short, valuable leisure time doing something they despise (if it’s even open when they can log in). Having to watch a video in order to have some clue of how to complete this garbage isn’t my idea of fun content either.

Agree,

When I started playing video games, I enjoyed fighting and went away from donkey-kong and marios. When he appeared MMO’s the idea of taking swords and fight appeared to me also attractive. Fortunately, now I know of one more item to check before choosing any MMO: check that it is not a replica of Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong rather than a fighting game.

That's enough!

Posted by: Legionnaire.4059

Legionnaire.4059

The OP is just another person complaining about the people that have complaints.

I’m a hypocrite ? for what? Nobody loves time gated stuff i can bet . Do you enjoy looking at the screen without knowing when an event spawns? I talk mostly about Legendary Collections because i needed a numerous champs having no idea when they spawn and i just stand and look at the screen. Sounds like fun, no?

That's enough!

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

You are complaining about people complaining.

We gave Anet a bunch of money for this product. We have every right to complain about it’s failings.

That's enough!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I just realized how casual this community can be , i mean seriously?!?! Actualy i don’t know if casual it is the right word

It’s not the right word. Most of the complaints are from the gates that inhibit players from doing. That’s not being lazy, that’s players being annoyed by artificially being held back.

….It’s called a Hero Point, that’s singular.

Adventures and for the most part the entire Mastery system is just another time gate. Nothing being done in game by the player is actually aiding us to learn a Mastery. We’re not Gliding to learn how to Glide. We’re not jumping on the mushrooms to learn how to jump higher. Nope, we’re gathering and killing mobs to learn how to glide, to learn new languages, etc. So I think it a valid complaint when one ask “Why do we have to do such things?”.

For Gold complaints, it’s the sum of several factors. One is the reduction of several forms of income players enjoyed. One of the sources of income was hit so hard it’s been virtually eliminated from the game. Combine that with the Dev’s removing what some of us had already earned (Guild buffs) and gating it behind a huge paywall. Now you start to paint a picture of why customers are angered over the games direction. Removing features one had already earned and placing them behind 7k+ gold paywall is enough to anger any sane person.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

That's enough!

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

You are complaining about people complaining.

We gave Anet a bunch of money for this product. We have every right to complain about it’s failings.

Unless you preordered.

That's enough!

Grim West.3194

Preorder only gave a small window into HoT.

It didn’t warn us that WvW would be decimated, dungeons abandoned, small guilds kicked to the curb, loot nerfed, etc, etc, etc

That's enough!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Agree,

When I started playing video games, I enjoyed fighting and went away from donkey-kong and marios. When he appeared MMO’s the idea of taking swords and fight appeared to me also attractive. Fortunately, now I know of one more item to check before choosing any MMO: check that it is not a replica of Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong rather than a fighting game.

Maybe they can add fighting game minigames? I think a martial arts based expansion would be awesome and they can poach some talent from Virtua Fighter to do some balancing and mechanics. They can also release a karate gi outfit like what Phantasy Star Online 2 has (based on Virtua Fighter no less!)

That's enough!

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’m a hypocrite ? for what? Nobody loves time gated stuff i can bet . Do you enjoy looking at the screen without knowing when an event spawns? I talk mostly about Legendary Collections because i needed a numerous champs having no idea when they spawn and i just stand and look at the screen. Sounds like fun, no?

Yes you are a hypocrite.

You make a thread about people complaining about aspects of the game they don’t like and then go on to complain about aspects of the game you don’t like.

So according to you, your the only one allowed to make complaint threads ?

Everybody has their own views on this game, people have a right to a voice when they don’t like something, just leave them alone and let them voice their opinions.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

That's enough!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Please learn what MMO actually refers to.

Clue: it doesn’t, automatically, mean everyone actively playing together.

Also, you can make the most gold by standing, on your own, in DR/LA, playing the TP.

Um, what was that about people being lazy and antisocial, again?

I do find it hard to support ex-speedrunners, in their quest to become the number 1 gold-earners, again, but still.

Playing the TP 24/7 isn’t any better.

In fact, it’s probably even worse.

…and yes, you are being the very definition of a hypocrite, in complaining about the game, while denigrating other people’s complaints.

Everyone has a right to complain about anything about the game.

They don’t need your approval, just as you don’t need theirs.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

That's enough!

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

It didn’t warn us that WvW would be decimated, dungeons abandoned, small guilds kicked to the curb, loot nerfed, etc, etc, etc

It also didn’t warn us that EVERYTHING would be gated. Time-gated, PvE-gated, Number-gated, everything is behind a gate of some kind or another. Want to gather ley-line sparks? Better have enough Chak acid. Chak acid that you better complete meta for or spend all your super special currency getting. Want auric dust, again, another gate.

All directly PvE gates as well. There are NO WvW gates, therefore WvW is gutted. All the players who would rather go WvW are forced to PvE for everything. Honestly I feel it’s spite on the part of ANet for all the posts reviling their boss about his “WvW players really like PvE” statement.

That's enough!

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

People can not hide behind it’s just my opinion in every argument, of course we know it’s opinion, can you imagine if everyone just use it’s just my/your opinion in every conversation? Then human conversation would not exist .

On another note, I agree with OP completely, forum always tries to make things look worse than it actually is. If you just read forum and not play the game you would think GW2 is one of the worst game of all time.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

That's enough!

Grim West.3194

People can not hide behind it’s just my opinion in every argument, of course we know it’s opinion, can you imagine if everyone just use it’s just my/your opinion in every conversation? Then human conversation would not exist .

On another note, I agree with OP completely, forum always tries to make things look worse than it actually is. If you just read forum and not play the game you would think GW2 is one of the worst game of all time.

For many people HoT is the worst game of all time. They feel ripped off and lied to.

Of course many people also like HoT. But the amount of people who hate it is much larger than you usually see in an expansion.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

That's enough!

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

It also didn’t warn us that EVERYTHING would be gated. Time-gated, PvE-gated, Number-gated, everything is behind a gate of some kind or another. Want to gather ley-line sparks? Better have enough Chak acid. Chak acid that you better complete meta for or spend all your super special currency getting. Want auric dust, again, another gate.

All directly PvE gates as well. There are NO WvW gates, therefore WvW is gutted. All the players who would rather go WvW are forced to PvE for everything. Honestly I feel it’s spite on the part of ANet for all the posts reviling their boss about his “WvW players really like PvE” statement.

If you think these are gate, then you might as well say that to everything. Almost all rpg are level gated, gear gated, story progression gated. And if we go further then Dota is also level gated, item gated, farm gated. If that’s how you look at things everything in video games are gated.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

That's enough!

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Come on, this xpc does have a lot of problems.

Too many HP for Elite spekittenil Anet fixed it.

Wayyyyy TOO MANY bugs in the personal story, especially last story mission. I’ve never seen a boss design THIS buggy.

The wild open world being a bit cruel, especially TD.

The Meta in TD is WAYYY too punishing.

That's enough!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

:/ Yup. It never ends.

A: The game was too easy before and thats why it is called MMO you don’t solo , it is not a single player game. Also staying face to face atacking is really boring , i really like the thing that mobs have more actions like leaps and dodges.

Ok, this is just your opinion about difficulty.

Nobody forces you to log in either, technically. Maybe we just shouldn’t anymore.

A: Because you can’t go and study Medicine and become a Mechanic thats why. Gliding is not for Tyria you can’t glide there , bouncing mushrooms none of them in Tyria and so on…

Yet you can get XP for fractal masteries outside of fractals, so…

*Q: Why do we have to get masteries in order to lvl them up? It’s not enough that we have to get experience? OR I just want to explore why do i have to lvl them up?
A: I don’t know guys but this sends me to think the logic here it’s something like that : "Why do they force us to play? We paid for this game , i just want to explore like in a simulator … ". That’s the jungle you have to learn in order to master it !

Mastering something and exploring something are two different things. Why we would need to master the jungle to explore it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Leather changed, as you said. Fractal rewards got mangled. Demand for ascended skyrocketed due to raids. And Anet literally did nothing to alleviate this, even though they had to have known that raids would make demand for ascended gear go through the roof.

Doing dungeons just for gold is absolutely sad , yea you won’t see many people doing dungeons these days probably because of that nerf (lol) or because NEW CONTENT! Now you can make more gold by selling these mats if you don’t need them than running a dungeon even if the reward wasn’t nerfed.

This is partly true, though as someone pointed out in another thread, if you need some of the mats that you get, you can’t just up and sell all of them or you’re going backwards, despite getting some gold. Part of the reason it’s lucrative to sell certain mats right now is because so many people want them for crafted items.

• Time Gated stuff – i don’t like waiting in for something in order to get it and i don’t talk about doing events to get to a boss or something like that , when i say waiting i mean afk/not doing anything until the event spawns without beign able to progress in that time.
  • Some bosses don’t reward enough compared to time spend killing. Or maybe i’m wrong because i’m not an economist.

I don’t like these either.

Or words to that effect.

That's enough!

Grim West.3194

If you think these are gate, then you might as well say that to everything. Almost all rpg are level gated, gear gated, story progression gated. And if we go further then Dota is also level gated, item gated, farm gated. If that’s how you look at things everything in video games are gated.

But GW2 (and GW1) were marketed to be “play your way”. And by and large, that use to be true. They also marketed HoT the same way. It turns out that was a blatant lie.

That's enough!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

There will always be complaints because some people think the game is made for themselves instead of for the community.

Well, it is made at least partially for them, because they are part of the “community”.

Obviously, if they always seem to have minority opinions and/or unfair-to-others opinions, any well thought-out game will tend to be disappointing for them.

But, assuming that is not the case, it is reasonable for them to expect that at least most of the content will please them.

Otherwise, why would most people even bother playing games?

This game has taken a departure from its roots, in this xpac, so of course that will displease people.

If you liked Snickers and bought a “New, Improved, Snickers” and it turned out to be a fish stick, in a Snickers wrapper, of course you would probably be disappointed.

Even if it was a good quality fish stick and they kind of did try to, partially, warn you in advance, in some rather obscure postings and long online streams.

There are certain things you can change in a game and probably get away with; especially things that were badly designed/unbalanced, to begin with.

Some people would probably still complain, but they wouldn’t be too many and some well written responses, about how the new things were objectively better, would be hard for them to refute.

But, these changes are solely about subjective taste.

So, of course you’re not going to get away with a massive shift in gameplay direction, difficulty and priorities, without quite a lot of people being upset.

Some other people might be happy, or might not mind.

But, if the people who do mind are in the majority, which is as you would expect when a game changes like this, there will inevitably be a lot of complaints.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

That's enough!

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

So, basically, you have an opinion too?
Without opinions there wouldnt be much need for communication, I mean, what would we talk about?
-“We have weather today”
-“yes”
What OP is about IS pure opinion, it is about what HE thinks, what HE find reasonable and what HE thinks maybe is a bit hard. And he even has an opinion about other peoples opinion. Basically that they should keep it to themselves. In a massiv multiplayer online role-playing game….

That's enough!

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Remember guys, it’s a MMO, A MMO !
If you want to get gold, find a group and run GROUP content such as dungeons… ermmwhat? Oh my bad, it’s GW2.
Take your axe and go chop wood.

VoxL, NSPPT

That's enough!

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

*Q: Why there are champions for Hero points? Why the mobs are too hard to beat?

Remember MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online , it wasn’t designed to do things solo . PS: I’m not that social but if i need help or to do something that requires more people i use LFG or ask in map/guild. It’s not hard to get into a kitten guild people are recruiting anytime.

Yea there are more things to talk about / answer but i’ll stop. Have a nice day!

1. Disagree and agree all at once for the champ stuff. I think it is reasonable to make new content harder to earn, but I disagree with the old stuff being too easy. There isn´t a too easy in a game for everyone, just a too easy for you personally.
2. Nobody is forced to do adventures, but if you don´t you have to pick up your points elsewhere. It is either take the route we built for you or leave it. I personally find the miniadventures the weakest point in a series of soso decisions of Anet. They are not heroic or enjoyable, just grindy and overall horrible minigames with then intent to kill time and trick people into going into HoT maps out of necessity if they want to have the masteries. I plan to do them at the least possible grade to get the mastery point to do them never again after that, I already shoved the first I managed to do out of my memories. Replayabilty? A thick 0 from me.
3. Agree. Leveling masteries where they will be used makes sense.
4. I am not even a dungeon runner, but I get why they are mad about the situation. It is a really thinly veiled attempt to drive people out of dungeons and into fractals, PvP and raids. If I would love to do dungeons and see them as my primary income, I would have probably ragequitted then.
5. Making ascended even more expensive is also a thinly veiled attempt at cash cowing. I have 4 full sets of ascended armor, but I will take a long time to complete the fifth with the changes made because it is sadly a cloth armor that was already expensive to make before requirements went up.

That's enough!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Remember MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online , it wasn’t designed to do things solo . P

This is so demonstrably untrue that I can’t even believe you actually said this in public. I could fill up 10 posts with evidence that huge sections of just about every MMO out there has solo content – and it was designed to be solo.

This statement is blatantly and embarrassingly false.

That's enough!

Celtic Lady.3729

A: Nobody forces you , if you are too lazy

Nice. So people that dislike a type of content that you do are just inherently lazy people. Gotcha.

Why is it so hard for so many people to believe that this type of mini-game content simply doesn’t appeal to everyone? Why does it mean that if I don’t want to grind a given mini-game for hours on end that I’m “lazy?” Why can’t it be possible that I just don’t enjoy grinding mini-games or racing against a clock?

And don’t trot out the useless “You just want to get gold on the first try.” This is not why many of us don’t like this content.

That's enough!

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

And don’t trot out the useless “You just want to get gold on the first try.” This is not why many of us don’t like this content.

I don’t even want to try. And I don’t.

That's enough!

Valentine.4286

Remember MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online , it wasn’t designed to do things solo . P

This is so demonstrably untrue that I can’t even believe you actually said this in public. I could fill up 10 posts with evidence that huge sections of just about every MMO out there has solo content – and it was designed to be solo.

And HoT got alot of solo content. And it was designed as such. Still ppl get mad because there is some stuff not made for solo. There is both, and that is good.

And since you could fill up 10 posts with evidence AND you felt the need to mention that, I would like to see it. Thx in advance…

That's enough!

Celtic Lady.3729

Doing dungeons just for gold is absolutely sad

And again with the “lazy” meme. Does it not strike you as odd that you’re accusing people that are spending time not working and simply relaxing by playing a game “lazy?” It doesn’t even make any real-world sense. Of course, playing a game is “lazy.” Duh. That’s the whole point of doing it. It’s purely entertainment and we have every right to be “lazy” while doing it.

As for the comment on dungeons, that’s just your opinion and, according to the listings in LFG pre-HoT, was not one espoused by many, many players in this game. And guess what? There was nothing wrong with it if that’s what you enjoyed.

That's enough!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

And HoT got alot of solo content. And it was designed as such. Still ppl get mad because there is some stuff not made for solo. There is both, and that is good.

And since you could fill up 10 posts with evidence AND you felt the need to mention that, I would like to see it. Thx in advance…

What solo content did HoT get?

I can think of two things off-hand. Adventures and more Living Story. That’s about it.

Or words to that effect.

That's enough!

Celtic Lady.3729

Pay me, and I will.

That's enough!

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

To be fair, you can make many events without having a group by loosely banding together with other wandering players. And if you´re a pro, you can also do the soldier escort events on your own on the first map.

That's enough!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Some serious disconnection from reality in the OP. I shall assume, being nice here, that it is due to comprehension or cognitive issues rather than dishonesty.

Remember MMO=Massively Multiplayer Online , it wasn’t designed to do things solo .

This is incorrect. Most of the game is designed for players to do things solo. This is pretty common in MMOs. Please note that there is no G for group in MMO.

Not enjoying the adventures does not equate to being lazy. Your claim that everyone in the game enjoys some of the adventures, and that any statement to the contrary is a lie, is pretentious. Unless you can prove that you can read minds and have interviewed every person who has ever played an adventure in HoT, your claim is ridiculous.

Is leveling your gliding mastery accomplished solely through practicing gliding, or is leveling masteries more abstract?

Blatant falsehoods.

Gotta love the hypocrisy inherent in tossing pejoratives at anyone else who has complaints about the game but saying that his own complaints are legitimate and acceptable.

That's enough!

Valentine.4286

What solo content did HoT get?

I can think of two things off-hand. Adventures and more Living Story. That’s about it.

Apart from what U said; exploring, lots of the HPs (yes, many can easy be soloed when learned), many of the smaller events can be done solo, the problem is more often other ppl joining in if not on an empty map (which ppl say many of the maps are there days, funny).

Vs non solo bigger map events, harder HPs, raids. Is there really more thats not soloable?

Probably forgetting stuff, since I dont play everything HoT has offered. Just now trying the adventures. fun for now. Achievements too if you wanna go into details can much be done solo (ofc point wise I will give this one more to the non-soloable as get like 50 achievement for killing the mouth in DS), but you get my point here hopefully

To sum up, you can easily run the maps (DS will be exception as it is blocked by the events, not liking that either), and do most new stuff (HP, smaller events around, adventures) alone without needing others to do it. I am first now doing some bigger events after getting almost all maps done. Sweet AP

That's enough!

Valentine.4286

Pay me, and I will.

As long as you got my point and keep the bs about stuff you COULD do to yourself most of those things are bs

That's enough!

Celtic Lady.3729

Pay me, and I will.

As long as you got my point and keep the bs about stuff you COULD do to yourself most of those things are bs

You have no idea what I’m capable of doing or not doing. Claiming you know what I can or can’t do is even more BS.

That's enough!

Valentine.4286

Pay me, and I will.

You have no idea what I’m capable of doing or not doing. Claiming you know what I can or can’t do is even more BS.

If you say you can do something (but dont do it) and then use that as reason for saying someone is wrong, that is bs (no caps needed btw). Saying you got proof for something but dont show it, its “insert nasty word”.

That's enough!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Remember guys, it’s a MMO, A MMO !
If you want to get gold, find a group and run GROUP content such as dungeons… ermmwhat? Oh my bad, it’s GW2.
Take your axe and go chop wood.

I’d rather do dungeons because they create gold instead of destroy it on TP taxes but dungeons aren’t worth it anymore except for mastery points for a one time deal or unlocking their PvP reward track. There’s actually a great thread topic there. Suggestion: Remove story mode for PvP reward track unlocks!

That's enough!

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Why even bother?

Some people do not appreciate awesome design on maps, do not appreciate challenging content, do not appreciate having to actually work towards something.

Some people want generic MMO maps where everything could be solo’ed. Some people are here just for the rewards. Give them a super-mario map with a legendary item upon completion and they will take it a hundred times rather than playing HoT.

Can you really put any reason to them?

That's enough!

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Pay me, and I will.

If you say you can do something (but dont do it) and then use that as reason for saying someone is wrong, that is bs (no caps needed btw). Saying you got proof for something but dont show it, its “insert nasty word”.

I don’t think most of the players can’t do it, but they have to spend a lot of effort to be careful and this made them complain.

Overall this is a GAME and GW1-2 were very friendly to solo players, they don’t want to spend such effort to explore the open world new content. That’s very understandable.

To me everything is a bit painful but the problem that really freaks me out was the TD Meta and buggy last fight.