Unplayable Solo

Unplayable Solo

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mayga.7241

Mayga.7241

Liadri was faceroll? No. It was solo challenge. I did it (without rogue or necro). I like challenge and I play very well. But I still don’t want to sit in a big guild.
Let us give an opportunity to build the Guild hall with so many people, with what we want. Let it will be difficult. Let it be VERY difficult. However, it should be.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

this game is a MMORG (massively mutiplayer online role playing game)

hence you are supposed to socialize, talk, chat, voice chat and make friends, MMOS are not for introvert or solo players.

you gotta talk to people, make contacts, otherwise you can even raid, use LFG to make a exploration party

so sorry you can leave.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hello ,

Open world events are quite easy solo. You just have to dodge the obvious animations / use invul / stab.

Champions are quite easy to solo , like any champion solo the key is understand the mech they use and adapt.

Group events (skill points)/Champion may take one or 2 – 3 try but are doable solo.

Legendary Champions are the only one i couln’t do solo wich is fine i think.

I’m a Pvp based player and it’s the first time i appreciate the pve content cause i finaly can use the game mechs (dodges , los , damage mitigations , blocks, reflect , burst).

I hope arenanet won’t do the mistake they did with the first gw2 and nerf mob AI into the ground making the game unchallenging.

Nb : To all those who have problems start with a mixed gear : Def/zerk and learn to dodge obvious tells , disengage when they cast huge AOEs, etc… . If you like to play with your feets and your neigbour cat controling your mouse , just don’t play Hot.

I can fight the champions toe to toe just fine, but what are you gonna do when the full cheese 4 minute timer runs out regardless of what gear you use? That’s what I’m annoyed about, if anything I could do with more difficulty.

Isn’t it this golem thing. yeah I fought with him with full berserker gear, I could bring him to %70s and 4 min timer resets. Then I waited to see will somebody else will come so we can do it together, 30 min waited nobody appeared then I go to the Halloween farming instead of wasting my time.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Duskflow.4523

Duskflow.4523

Yeah you supposed to socialize, talk, and other stuff, but not forcing to play in party for progress, the true MMO should give different kind content for different players.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Don’t try to melee everything. A couple of challenges I have to come back to 2 or 3 time (even the one that take a bit to get too but, they are doe able in zerker gear.

My ability has improved a lot because of the harder content. The skill challenges are just that skill challenges. A champ alone isn’t a real challenge Champs surrounded by frequently spawning mobs are only a tab bit more difficult.

Even the Balthazar one isn’t hard if you use your head (not sure if that the right one the champion ooze that is healed by the little oozes). If you use aoe skills and kite you kill the smaller oozes so they cant heal the champ. Having timers means its just a dps race.

If you want easy then go with a friend. Things tend to be easier when its 1 – 5 people when its starts scaling up you get more people stacking toughness or healing and not pull thiere wait on the damage end.

If you are really having a problem gear for damage and trait for defense.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Unplayable Solo

Mayga.7241

So, until HOT it was not a MMORPG?

I had a guild, I had banners, I had the opportunity to communicate with people when I want. I was not forced to do it for some buffs.
I deliberately chose GW2, when I left WoW after 8 years played. I played in my own big top guild, I have a lot of raids, I was raid leader. After that, I spent two years playing GW2 the way I really want and I was happy as never before in any mmo. Anet was told – “play as you want” and it was true. Now they took my opportunities and gave nothing in return.
I’m tired of raids and big guilds. And now I violently shoved into a clone of WoW? Again?

(edited by Mayga.7241)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

This is an mmo. Of course some things are going to be “unplayable” solo.

Doh OK. I guess before HoT it wasn’t an mmo?

Doh Doh – how do you fare solo in Dry Top or the Silverwastes? Do you solo Balthazar, Grenth and whatnot?

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

I really wish I could see how many of the “It’s too hard” crowd are running bad zerker builds.

If something is too hard in your current set up, reflect, rebuild, retry. As long as we aren’t talking extremes, “too hard” is MUCH better than “too easy”.

It’s not just the builds … I started out in full Zerk gear and quickly switched to my WvW suit. Now I get hit by an AoE, lose about 1/3 of my life and see tons of downed players around me …

And I also see those guys that rush in front of a monster and keep swinging. Monster throws back head and lifts arms – they still stand in front and keep swinging …

What “solo” players (I am one myself) quite often do is to rely on auto attack to finish a monster, never moving once they start hitting. That sure does not work in HoT. As soon as you have a bit of toughness on you, a reflect, something to get rid of conditions, possibly a stunbreaker and pay attention to what monsters do, things become manageable.

My big complaint is the slow XP gain for the lower masteries. It would be better if you could get the tier 1 and 2 masteries faster.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Never have seen an empty map.

that is so much bs lol
there is a big reddit thread about this too and other sites had this complain too but ok

I, me, this person typing have never seen an empty map. Badly organized absolutely, never empty.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Solo players cannot advance in the new content, and any decent publisher would disclose such a fundamental change prior to taking your money.

where are you at? I’m decently far and so far have solo’ed every story and exploring maps. A couple of skill points have champ bosses but even solo the game allows and usually has players around also doing it. While not as easy as the core game its not impossible either. Just requires some skill.

ps: dodge and animations are more important now. Changing traits and skills too. Using more range weapons than before. Doing it on my squishy thief but having 3 bars of endurance helps ^^ We aren’t meant to just run through everything and never fail. We are suppose to learn and play better. If anything I’m enjoying the challenge.

ps2: if still having trouble I would recommend minion type classes. With the 90ish% damage reduction to minions by aoe (unless targeted) they are very strong right now and would help “solo” as they take the pressure off of you.

So, you play cheese stealth class so you can skip most of the content to reach places others can’t get to.

Then you suggest people switch from whatever class they need HP’s on to play minion type class? How exactly does that help anyone who wants the elite spec on their, say, ele? Guess we’ll all have to dust off our rangers and necros then- except those aren’t the toons I want the elite specs on…

Could care less about the masteries really, but gating elite specs behind this massive grind and then facing having to do it all over again on deserted maps when no one is around to kill a champ guarding HP’s doesn’t appeal.

Standing around on a map fighting off enemies whilst asking in map chat for an hour for people to come to a HP to help isn’t my idea of a valuable use of my limited leisure time.

Oh, and champs aren’t that hard if you play minion necro or ranger, seeing as minions now have a huge buff in pve. Sadly those are two of the classes way down on my list of wanting to get the elite spec for.

But if we all switch to ranger or necro then there would be less people complaining it’s too hard, as the pets can absorb 50 times more damage than you can….

(edited by Notsoperky.2348)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

So, until HOT it was not a MMORPG?

I had a guild, I had banners, I had the opportunity to communicate with people when I want. I was not forced to do it for some buffs.
I deliberately chose GW2, when I left WoW after 8 years played. I played in my own big top guild, I have a lot of raids, I was raid leader. After that, I spent two years playing GW2 the way I really want and I was happy as never before in any mmo. Anet was told – “play as you want” and it was true. Now they took my opportunities and gave nothing in return.
I’m tired of raids and big guilds. And now I violently shoved into a clone of WoW? Again?

yup better go back to a SP game you didn’t learn your lesson even after 8 years?

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Tango Fro.5942

Tango Fro.5942

No wonder u cant solo/achieve a god ya know thing cause you are here on the forums complaining all the time instead of playing you cry that mommy wont hold your hand anymore when you go to school .And just as little kids are they want everything now “Please mommy can i open all my santa presents right now?” Its only 3 weeks before his fat belly jumps through the chimney. “But i want it now!!”Then the kid screams and cries.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

No wonder u cant solo/achieve a god ya know thing cause you are here on the forums complaining all the time instead of playing you cry that mommy wont hold your hand anymore when you go to school .And just as little kids are they want everything now “Please mommy can i open all my santa presents right now?” Its only 3 weeks before his fat belly jumps through the chimney. “But i want it now!!”Then the kid screams and cries.

Did you even play HoT or are you just desperate to kitten about something?

Unplayable Solo

Mayga.7241

yup better go back to a SP game you didn’t learn your lesson even after 8 years?

No, I’m naive and usually trust people who tell me “play as you want”.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I play solo a lot and have had no such issues. Most of the normal events only need one or two players. Player skill and picking and making the right build play a large part out here.

If someone asks for help I come. If I need help I call it out in map chat. Every once in a while I am met with failure but one thing I know is this sure beats the face roll content in most of the base game.

HoT has brought back the need to have good personal skill/build if you want to solo.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Please nerf Teq, I can’t solo it.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Jorrahn.3059

Jorrahn.3059

i agree with the point that the champ hero points are unsoloable. my question is that over ALL of the new maps, are there enough soloable hero point locations to max your elite spec…since the core game is standard you have access to a ton of points already. i used my left overs to unlock and get 40 percent of the way.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Edmond Dantes your points are well considered but don’t address the issue: They forced all this upon the paying casual player who doesn’t want to deal with raid-style group and tactical requirements. As I said, they are free to change the gameplay, but when it’s this drastic they have to disclose the changes before taking money.

I’m sorry, you are right. Why on Earth would a game mode primarily focused on fighting have tactical requirements. How silly of me to think we should have anything but loot piñatas. We should all be able to have like it is in Orr now, put no thought into our build and face tank 6 mobs at a time.

For the record, I’ve soloed every loose champ in Orr except for the Megalodons and that one undead with the yanks and bubble. His name escapes me atm. I’ve also killed Melandru with no more than 3-4 people(before they changed the mechanics) and the wife and I once duoed Grenth priest to 20% before we messed up.

And has been stated multiple times, if you thought this new content was going to be the same difficulty before you bought the game you weren’t paying attention.

You also mention using stealth cheese in the new zone . . . I already stated my build above. I don’t run the stealth heal unless I need the cleanse and I only put shadow refuge on my bar when I was in a group for a hero point . . . So I could Rez teammates. I’m proud to say I’m running Withdraw for my heal and haven’t rolled off of anything to my death yet. I am evasion cheese thank you very much! :-D

(edited by Basharic.1654)

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

i agree with the point that the champ hero points are unsoloable. my question is that over ALL of the new maps, are there enough soloable hero point locations to max your elite spec…since the core game is standard you have access to a ton of points already. i used my left overs to unlock and get 40 percent of the way.

If you only play PvE you’ll have to get them (unless you have some in Tyria left) – if you play WvW (or the PvE version of it called EotM) you can quickly get those tokens you can trade in 10 for 1 HoT hero point. As the point unlocked is random I recommend doing the solo friendly ones first.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: alvhienda.3245

alvhienda.3245

Was playing GW2 for fun. It s not fun anymore. Honestly you ve lost me there and yes I give up.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

hence you are supposed to socialize, talk, chat, voice chat and make friends, MMOS are not for introvert or solo players.

You underestimate the percentage of the player base that plays this way.

Anet has always embraced and encouraged solo play. The change to allow the vanilla PS to be soloed is just one example.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: MonteCristo.2065

MonteCristo.2065

I think that empty new maps – this is big proof that HoT has failed. I played all weekend and I’ve never seen so empty maps. And it’s the first weekend of the new expancion! Unbelievably.

Nobody announced that we cannot play like before. Nobody said that HoT is not for us. For what we paid? What we can now do in this game, as a solo players? Almost nothing.
For three years we could play solo – now suddenly cannot. For three years we could create and upgrade our small guilds – now we cannot. For three years we could choose – constantly cooperate with other players or not. Now, someone decided it for us. But we are not foolish children. We are adults and solvent people.

Anet, you should have warned us about the upcoming changes. You had to say – “solo players, you are no longer welcome here”. And then we did not pay to new addon. But we have actually deceived.

As a developers, you should know that hardcore gamers and raiders make tiny percentage of community. All the rest – it’s casual gamers and solo gamers. They are the core of the community. They also make a lot of micro-transactions.

Now look at your empty new maps and think, who filled them before?
You kick larger half of community. Great decision. Congratulations.

Just one question – what for?

I really don’t get comments like this. The Developers have kept us in the loop since day one. There’s been the website, the twitch channel, the Points of Interest episodes, forums and even Guild Chat episodes.

“For three years we could play solo – now suddenly cannot.”.
Am i missing something….did the core GW2 game get deleted when HoT came out???
There is tons of awesome new content which can be enjoyed in the older maps if the new maps are not your thing. If people are only playing the new maps to get the 10 hero points per hero challenge, then ask yourself if you’re up to the challenge to earn 10 hero points at a time, because it shouldn’t be easy to get 10 hero points just like that.

On the topic of small guilds not being able to get Guild Halls, many small guilds, (some even less than 10 members) have unlocked the Guild Hall. My Guild has exactly 10 members and we completed it fairly easily.

To spite all the great new features and content, if you find yourself still not enjoying the game, don’t stress, just find yourself something else to play, after all gaming is about enjoying yourself

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Mina.2409

Mina.2409

Hmm, this is a tricky topic because many want more difficult content and a challenge, and many really enjoy solo play. In my opinion they should give us more ways to get hero points in pve so that solo players can at least open up the elite specs they paid for. That way players that enjoy group content with difficulty can get them that way, and the solo players that also paid for the expansion have some options too.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Deffbee.5302

Deffbee.5302

Sorry if this is crass but maybe you are just sucking?? I’ve only joined a group for a guild hall, everything else outside of large scale meta events I’ve been able to eek out on my own. It’s a bit more challenging yeah, but not impossible.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Thunderwitch.3672

Thunderwitch.3672

There is tons of awesome new content which can be enjoyed in the older maps if the new maps are not your thing.

Wat? You want to tell me, that I payd 100$ for core game again? No, I paid for Hot. And I want to see guild halls and scriber, I want my banners back. My guild is very little – there is 2 members. New requirements – 3 ppl.
I wish that these requirements have been removed.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Sambuca.9754

Sambuca.9754

i feel the same. it’s Monday morning and i have no interest in playing the game at all anymore. i didn’t have to group up before. money down the trash

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

I’m sorry, that you are disappointed about the new content. I find it great. I mostly hated old PvE content because it was all soloable while facerolling on the keyboard. There was no challenge at all. When I did map completion I hated the hearts, because it was such a wast of time doing easy content over and over again to get the achievement.

Now on the new map I finally get a challenge. When I run around, I can choose what I want to do next and I am not forced to spam autoattack to finish off unchallenging content.
I ran around in WvW with one class for years, because I didn’t want to repeat the PvE content with another class once again to level up.

In my opinion the new content is casual friendly and mostly soloable, but there are some points you have to keep in mind, if you want to run solo.

1. New enemies, new mechanics: You have to adjust your playstyle on the enemies you are about to meet. You can no longer run full berserker damage builds all the time and you have to learn the skills of the new enemies. Look at the enemies you are facing. What are they doing? Which ones are the most dangerous for you and therefore need to be eliminated first. What is the best way to kill them.

2. New Options: Some harder content can be more easily managed, if you make use of the new options. I know this is kind of a conflict, because you have to finish new content to be able to use the new options. But there are easy parts in the new content to help you advance in the new options.

3. Go slow: If you have trouble with big enemy groups, then go slow. Take out the mobs one by one while advancing slowly. Try to focus less on damage and more on survival (in build and style of play).

4. Take it easy: Do not envy players who are able to advance faster because they run in organized groups or have adjusted their style of play much faster to the new content. It will probably take another three years until the next add on. So there is plenty of time to explore all the maps. Failure allowed.

5. Have a break: If things get frustrating, try other things. Go back to the old maps. Take a break. Wait for a map with more players on it. Look at the details. Especially in the night things are difficult on the map. Come back later and explore in the daytime of the map.

My advice to players that find the new content too difficult:
Please go slow. Do not try the new content in the same manner as the old. Adjust your build to the new content. Try out other things. You probably have another three years time to finish the new content. Don’t try to do it in three days.

My advice to Arenanet:
Please be patient. Those who are pleased about the new content and enjoy it are playing the game and don’t come to the forums to discuss about the new content. Give it time to get a feedback that is more substantial than what you get by now.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)

Unplayable Solo

MonteCristo.2065

Hmm, this is a tricky topic because many want more difficult content and a challenge, and many really enjoy solo play. In my opinion they should give us more ways to get hero points in pve so that solo players can at least open up the elite specs they paid for. That way players that enjoy group content with difficulty can get them that way, and the solo players that also paid for the expansion have some options too.

I agree with your statement about giving solo players more options to get hero points.
In fact, rather than giving more options just rework the requirements for elite specs.
To ask players to complete 100% of the map and then still grind out some more levels or wvw or Maguuma challenges is pretty crazy. I’m really not sure how ANET came to this number of 400 hero points to fully unlock a specialisation.

I’m sure a lot of the hate that’s on this forum is a symptom of the root cause (Elite Specialisations requirements are too high) and this high requirement is now making players who don’t enjoy the new maps and difficulty levels feel “forced” to do it just to get the specialisations they paid for.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

How can people say there was empty maps Oo?
I could barely hit foes because of the overflow of players during week end!
I missed an achievement because too much players were doing the event more than once! The one you must talk to Sylvaris…

I agree with your statement about giving solo players more options to get hero points.
In fact, rather than giving more options just rework the requirements for elite specs.

Actually, you can unlock it all by yourself.
All central Tyria Hero challenge can be done solo.
Many HoT Hero challenge can be done solo.
True there are some champs needing a group, but not all Hero challenge are champs!

(edited by Kulvar.1239)

Unplayable Solo

MonteCristo.2065

There is tons of awesome new content which can be enjoyed in the older maps if the new maps are not your thing.

Wat? You want to tell me, that I payd 100$ for core game again? No, I paid for Hot. And I want to see guild halls and scriber, I want my banners back. My guild is very little – there is 2 members. New requirements – 3 ppl.
I wish that these requirements have been removed.

2 members….that’s a couple not a guild (Just kidding)
I would be happy to help you find some nice friendly guilds on your server.

Maguuma (the 4 maps) is not the crux of the expansion, its just one small part of it.
You can still enjoy all the great things you want from HoT without having to get frustrated in Maguuma.

Unplayable Solo

MonteCristo.2065

How can people say there was empty maps Oo?
I could barely hit foes because of the overflow of players during week end!
I missed an achievement because too much players were doing the event more than once! The one you must talk to Sylvaris…

Actually, you can unlock it all by yourself.
All central Tyria Hero challenge can be done solo.
Many HoT Hero challenge can be done solo.
True there are some champs needing a group, but not all Hero challenge are champs!

You’re 100% right. I’ve unlocked one of my elite spec’s by doing 90% solo play.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Actualy, HoT highly favorize ranged weapons over melee. Sometimes, I got one shoted by something I can’t even see, and I play a mix of soldier and knight. I don’t mind the difficulty, it makes things interesting. But having to sit with mortar and pewpew from 1200 range isn’t the reason why I picked scrapper. The legendary wyvern is a perfect example of it (animation are obvious though, but with all the fire aoe, it’s almost impossible to melee)
And the champ timer… such a great idea -_-. I see people talking about the golem champ, this guy you can only reach from canopee? 5346135426542652685265426354 hit points, impossible to complete within the timer. So the HP is gated by the chopper event, and noone is doing it 3 days after release. I can’t imagine in a couple of weeks.

Otherwise, I’ve been able to complete other champs with the help of LFG tool. I might try the golem one next time.

VoxL, NSPPT

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: rojoka.5976

rojoka.5976

i usually play solo and join event groups or support people doing stuff i stumble upon.
whenever i got to a spot that i couldn’t solo (champ spawns etc.) i waited for people to show up. this worked pretty well in the open world.
in HoT this isn’t working for most HP challenges. its sometimes hard to figure out where they are and when you finally get there (usually in the upper level) i have to realize that you cannot solo it. after waiting for 30 mins without anyone showing up i usually leave the spot or die trying to solo it.
the problem is that those HP locations are difficult to reach and there is no need to go there beside the HP’s – so you never find people passing by like in the open world or on flat maps that would jump in and help. something that made GW2 special for me.

it also seems the maps are too big for the number of players allowed as the population sometimes seems very thin- and that’s on the first and second day of the expansion?

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

I’m sorry, that you are disappointed about the new content. I find it great. I mostly hated old PvE content because it was all soloable while facerolling on the keyboard. There was no challenge at all. When I did map completion I hated the hearts, because it was such a wast of time doing easy content over and over again to get the achievement.

Now on the new map I finally get a challenge. When I run around, I can choose what I want to do next and I am not forced to spam autoattack to finish off unchallenging content.
I ran around in WvW with one class for years, because I didn’t want to repeat the PvE content with another class once again to level up.

In my opinion the new content is casual friendly and mostly soloable, but there are some points you have to keep in mind, if you want to run solo.

1. New enemies, new mechanics: You have to adjust your playstyle on the enemies you are about to meet. You can no longer run full berserker damage builds all the time and you have to learn the skills of the new enemies. Look at the enemies you are facing. What are they doing? Which ones are the most dangerous for you and therefore need to be eliminated first. What is the best way to kill them.

2. New Options: Some harder content can be more easily managed, if you make use of the new options. I know this is kind of a conflict, because you have to finish new content to be able to use the new options. But there are easy parts in the new content to help you advance in the new options.

3. Go slow: If you have trouble with big enemy groups, then go slow. Take out the mobs one by one while advancing slowly. Try to focus less on damage and more on survival (in build and style of play).

4. Take it easy: Do not envy players who are able to advance faster because they run in organized groups or have adjusted their style of play much faster to the new content. It will probably take another three years until the next add on. So there is plenty of time to explore all the maps. Failure allowed.

5. Have a break: If things get frustrating, try other things. Go back to the old maps. Take a break. Wait for a map with more players on it. Look at the details. Especially in the night things are difficult on the map. Come back later and explore in the daytime of the map.

My advice to players that find the new content too difficult:
Please go slow. Do not try the new content in the same manner as the old. Adjust your build to the new content. Try out other things. You probably have another three years time to finish the new content. Don’t try to do it in three days.

My advice to Arenanet:
Please be patient. Those who are pleased about the new content and enjoy it are playing the game and don’t come to the forums to discuss about the new content. Give it time to get a feedback that is more substantial than what you get by now.

Hm … this does not cover things like “Coztik Itzel Belongings” Hero Challenge. You finally make it up there, see it is a fighting point so you go uh-oh (hardly any space to move) then you have 1 champ (Bladedancer) and 2 vet Shadowleapers – one shot. And I run full tough + vit + condition gear. Not really a great experience. Hero challenges is what gives you your elite spec – and they should be soloable! Not group content!! And they should not be offering this (!) content in that (!!) location at all. So – gonna see if I pop my tag and shout a bit on the map if I can get enough people to join … for this char and again for the next, and – oh – the next as well …

I like the new map – but the hero points are a failure!

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: MadFlea.4596

MadFlea.4596

“The transfer from … to your PayPal account for the amount of x,xx EUR is now complete. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal account balance.”

First time I’ve ever felt (a little) disappointed to receive money into my Paypal account.

It WAS destined for HoT.

Unplayable Solo

Kulvar.1239

Hero challenges is what gives you your elite spec – and they should be soloable! Not group content!! And they should not be offering this content in that location at all.

There is enough solo challenge in central Tyria and non-fighting challenge in HoT to unlock it fully without other people…

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Karmiel.1065

Karmiel.1065

Maps are already emptying. I sat at a Hero point for 3 hours waiting for people to come do it yesterday. The maps are already losing players. Maybe because some of us don’t have the time to invest like allot of the children posting here do.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: ShaelynSnow.2395

ShaelynSnow.2395

I’m giving up, this is more like Dark Souls online then GW2, it’s a horrible experience to try and play this solo.

The shift in game style from the core game is like day and night, you go from a fun, solo casual, game to hardcore, group only in a second.

This x1000, they draw us in with the fun, solo, casual game then drop this bomb on us and we are all like WTF…

Game companies need to get use to the fact that these days most gamers are casual gamers and that little group of hardcore people will speak up, then they change it for them and lose their biggest player base.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

I’m giving up, this is more like Dark Souls online then GW2, it’s a horrible experience to try and play this solo.

The shift in game style from the core game is like day and night, you go from a fun, solo casual, game to hardcore, group only in a second.

This x1000, they draw us in with the fun, solo, casual game then drop this bomb on us and we are all like WTF…

Game companies need to get use to the fact that these days most gamers are casual gamers and that little group of hardcore people will speak up, then they change it for them and lose their biggest player base.

‘’Cool, a new monster, i’m going to kill it!’’
Runs to the mob, about to do a skill, gets downed… the hell?

The joy of getting 2 hit killed in zerker, ok fine, people told me to go soldier’s set.

‘’Back for revenge, i’ll kill you this time!‘’
*Starts tickling the mob, where’s my dps? or maybe i should… nvm, dead again!*

How to ruin a good game, i don’t want to be forced to group with people, and solo mode is gone.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: ShaelynSnow.2395

ShaelynSnow.2395

The joy of getting 2 hit killed in zerker, ok fine, people told me to go soldier’s set.

How to ruin a good game, i don’t want to be forced to group with people, and solo mode is gone.

Exactly! The most frustrating thing for me was working my way to a certain spot and I see a gazillion mobs so I try to run past them all, dead. Well, that didn’t work. Le’t fight my way through, dead. WEll, crap… lets glide as far as I can then see what happens. RInse and repeat. I was take 20 steps forward and 100 steps back.

One of the devs said, “berserker ruined the game”. I mean you make a game with NO trinity, all dps and then you say the best dps spec has ruined the game… WAAA??

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Byakhee.8652

Byakhee.8652

It is possible to play solo, but you may want to reveal your build here before you declare its’ impossible to play Solo. Think a lot of normal Tyria (the training zone) metas will not be viable for HoT (the advanced area).

You may have to take different items to swap in/out.

And yes some mobs are not solable (even with mesmer clones).

[Wonders how many people claiming it is not solo-able are running full zerker gear]

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Hero challenges is what gives you your elite spec – and they should be soloable! Not group content!! And they should not be offering this content in that location at all.

There is enough solo challenge in central Tyria and non-fighting challenge in HoT to unlock it fully without other people…

Not enough, I think – even on the chars that i did map completition with I do not have the master trait fully unlocked. And – yes, there are solo hero challenges – problem, though, is – you cannot tell one from the other unless you clicked them. A simple colour code would be a really helpful hint. Green = solo content, blue = group content. So you’d know beforehand which ones you go at.

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Maps are already emptying. I sat at a Hero point for 3 hours waiting for people to come do it yesterday. The maps are already losing players. Maybe because some of us don’t have the time to invest like allot of the children posting here do.

Why would you passively sit anywhere for three hours in game?

Every time I’ve called out in map, “hey, I’m doing x” people have come. Every. Single. Time. I’m not that popular. I’m not on as much anymore, RL is busy these days, but if anyone needs advice or help and I’m not in WvW I’ll gladly lend a hand where I can.

Unplayable Solo

Kulvar.1239

There are people running Zerk that successfully solo thing ;)
(they equipped traits and skills grant vigor, protection, cleanse, heal, … But they’re in Zerk gear :D)

As Byakhee said, which monster with wich build are you struggling to kill?

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Try relogging Usually helps with empty maps – the maps I am at are pretty lively (EU zone, 1st and 2nd map)

Unplayable Solo

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I sat at a Hero point for 3 hours waiting for people to come do it yesterday.

Maybe because some of us don’t have the time to invest

Anyone else spot a slight contradiction in these two statements hehe?

3 hours? Really? I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate…

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

Ack, I am a casual too – so what WOULD you like? Have your elite spec done in 2 hours? Get all masteries in 4 hours? And THEN complain, that there is nothing new to do …

It needs tweaking (especially so the XP needed for unlocking the low level masteries) and the hero point concept but apart from that I am having a blast with all the chars I have played the new maps with (PU Mesmer, Power Necro, Condi Necro, Hybrid Revenant, Condi/Trap Ranger).

My thief is struggling a bit – probably need to go for condi, engineer will ne next.

Unplayable Solo

HtFde.3856

You can run full zerker My power necro does it – but then I have a nice high life pool and I got my 2nd chance pool via shroud. Question is – what class are you running, what build? And – even with Soldier’s you cannot just stand in place and whack the baddies and hope to survive. Positioning is 50% of survival in HoT and 25% is learning when to use your block or when to evade – the next 25% are aggro control and to learn when to disengage because you have found too many new friends who want to cuddle ….

Unplayable Solo

Karmiel.1065

Why would you passively sit anywhere for three hours in game?

Every time I’ve called out in map, “hey, I’m doing x” people have come. Every. Single. Time. I’m not that popular. I’m not on as much anymore, RL is busy these days, but if anyone needs advice or help and I’m not in WvW I’ll gladly lend a hand where I can.

Actually I did some events while waiting on people to show up but the 4 I found doing the event that did try to help were wiped. The maps are already getting low on people. And many are doing their own things I can not make them come do the HP.

Unplayable Solo

Karmiel.1065

I sat at a Hero point for 3 hours waiting for people to come do it yesterday.

Maybe because some of us don’t have the time to invest

Anyone else spot a slight contradiction in these two statements hehe?

3 hours? Really? I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate…

I took a day off work to have an extra day to play the release. That bother you? Troll much?