Veteran entitlement mentality.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

Bla bla bla…

No you have a right to say what you dont like about it. But when it steps into the realm of entitlement your arguments are overlooked. If you dont think the expansion is worth $50 go ahead, voice away. If you think you are owed something because you played for 3 years I get get the kitten out and dont come back.

See? This is why people like you keep repeating like parrots same arguments without noticing the right point: you really don’t read threads. Just imagine the point and charge against it.

Let me tell you the real point.

Most of ‘vets’ who are protesting settle these two clear points against the pre-purchase:

1. Anet shows very, very few information about what HoT will offer. This causes players to not trust the purchase will satisfy their interests.

2. The issue with the Basic Pack isn’t -I repeat: isn’t- the price, but what gives the pack. A ‘vet’ player won’t get more than HoT, while new players get HoT and the core. It’s a good deal for new players? Of course. It’s good for the community? Of course! It’s good for the vets? No. Why? Because there is no real incentive for buying the pack.

Now you’ll say “but you have other two options”. Yeah, true, but…

… what if I’m not interested in the skins, the statue and/or the gems? Really, the only incentive for those packs is the character slot. Oops, but wait… why they didn’t include it in the Basic Pack too, since ‘vet’ players only gonna recieve HoT with it?

There is the point why many ‘vets’ feel disappointed and mad.

Argue with these statements, once you know the real points.

Theres a third option too, dont buy it. See how simple it is?

I think most people who have been playing the game for 3 years want to buy HoT and not feel like they are being treated unfairly while doing it.

Posted by: Jongi.7612

Jongi.7612

But lets see, special treatment. Theres another word for it.

yes, it’s discrimination

Reading comprehention. Im not saying that there is another word for special treatment or entitlement, im saying special treatment is another word for entitlement.

Buy a dictionary.

Ive already posted the definition, maybe you should look it up.

Why should I look it up for you, can’t you read a dictionary yourself?

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
“no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement”

There… just so you know what we are talking about here. Thats right out of the dictionary as well.

Except that we are not believing we inherently deserve any special treatment, we just want the same as new players for 50 bucks. A copy of the core game + hot.

You have the core game already. Would you be happy if they just let you create as many accounts as you wanted and play to 80?

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

No you have a right to say what you dont like about it. But when it steps into the realm of entitlement your arguments are overlooked. If you dont think the expansion is worth $50 go ahead, voice away. If you think you are owed something because you played for 3 years I get get the kitten out and dont come back.

See? This is why people like you keep repeating like parrots same arguments without noticing the right point: you really don’t read threads. Just imagine the point and charge against it.

Most of ‘vets’ who are protesting settle these two clear points against the pre-purchase:

1. Anet shows very, very few information about what HoT will offer. This causes players to not trust the purchase will satisfy their interests.

2. The issue with the Basic Pack isn’t -I repeat: isn’t- the price, but what gives the pack. A ‘vet’ player won’t get more than HoT, while new players get HoT and the core. It’s a good deal for new players? Of course. It’s good for the community? Of course! It’s good for the vets? No. Why? Because there is no real incentive for buying the pack.

… what if I’m not interested in the skins, the statue and/or the gems? Really, the only incentive for those packs is the character slot. Oops, but wait… why they didn’t include it in the Basic Pack too, since ‘vet’ players only gonna recieve HoT with it?

I think most people who have been playing the game for 3 years want to buy HoT and not feel like they are being treated unfairly while doing it.

Most of the people on the forums. I dont feel like im being treated unfairly because I know that I got my monies worth. Its not like WoW where they charge a monthy fee, say all this stuff is going to be in the expansion and then release something like WoD. If you dont like what your getting dont buy it. Its really just that simple.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Every business I know caters more to the new customer than to the existing one.
Now, if the loyal customer feels slighted, than that has to be rectified. But how does Anet go about that?
A character slot for only veterans? Seems like two wrongs there, and a vicious circle tbh.
Still even with any extras, kids are still screaming price when every video game ever released on ANY system is $60.
So if Anet caters to us ‘veterans’ what about those unhappy about price?

Why two wrongs? GW2 straight up said that the core GW2 is F2P (except you need to buy at least HoT to use it). So we preowners of the core GW2 are entitled a replacement for that now “worthless” item because it’s ANet fault it’s worthless.

Which is very similar to saying : HoT bundle purchase includes either a copy of GW2 or something else (800 gems? a char slot? both?) if you already own one.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

But lets see, special treatment. Theres another word for it.

yes, it’s discrimination

Reading comprehention. Im not saying that there is another word for special treatment or entitlement, im saying special treatment is another word for entitlement.

Buy a dictionary.

Ive already posted the definition, maybe you should look it up.

Why should I look it up for you, can’t you read a dictionary yourself?

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.
“no wonder your kids have a sense of entitlement”

There… just so you know what we are talking about here. Thats right out of the dictionary as well.

Except that we are not believing we inherently deserve any special treatment, we just want the same as new players for 50 bucks. A copy of the core game + hot.

You have the core game already. Would you be happy if they just let you create as many accounts as you wanted and play to 80?

Just because we already own the game doesn’t mean another copy has no value. I can give it to a friend, use it as a mule account, use it to get extra daily rewards. There is plenty we can do with it. Your “you already have the game” argument is invalid.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I paid $150 for GW2. I paid $100 for HoT. All because I feel like I get more than my money’s worth. I’ve never looked at what the player next to me payed or what they recieved. But it looks like I am in the minority.

What would you like Anet to include in the veteran version?

A character slot.

Why? Your not owed anything… thats the thing.

The base game was being sold for $10. With the $50 HoT expansion the base game (previously $10) is given away free. Except to people who already have it. They get nothing. So, give those people a $10 character slot. Simple. No Anet don’t owe me anything, they’re free to rip me off as much as they like. But until I feel like I’m getting a decent deal and not getting screwed over my $50 is going to spent elsewhere.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

Most of the people on the forums. I dont feel like im being treated unfairly because I know that I got my monies worth. Its not like WoW where they charge a monthy fee, say all this stuff is going to be in the expansion and then release something like WoD. If you dont like what your getting dont buy it. Its really just that simple.

Wait now you’re telling us to go back to not buying it?

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

Well, to be honest even the game press is starting to align with customers, or at least they understand their point of view and they deem it legit.
http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-players-rightly-upset-by-heart-of-thorns-pre-purchase-scheme/

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

Your not though. The expansion is 50 dollars with or without the free core game. If you dont think its worth it dont buy it.

Jongi.7612

Bla bla bla…

I never told you to go out and buy it in the first place.

Starlightpaw.5871

Now, if the loyal customer feels slighted, than that has to be rectified. But how does Anet go about that?
A character slot for only veterans? Seems like two wrongs there, and a vicious circle tbh.
Still even with any extras, kids are still screaming price when every video game ever released on ANY system is $60.

People are only unhappy about the price because they don’t think they are getting their moneys worth, and I am in that category. If ANet included a character slot for veterans with the expansion, then I would feel like I’m getting my moneys worth, but I can’t speak for other people.

When you put “only” in that statement that means everyone who is unhappy falls under that category and that isnt the case. People just want free stuff. If you dont think the expansion is worth its cost due to limited information then by all means, wait, talk with your wallet. But coming on the forums screaming that you should get something for playing for 3 years wont accomplish anything. It just makes people look childish like they are deserving of something because they played a game.

Like I said, I can’t speak for everyone, and I doubt that everyone is upset because they “just want free stuff.”

And I’m not screaming, I’ve been discussing the situation civilly anywhere I post on the forums. And if you don’t think that a mass amount of people complaining about the same thing on the forums won’t change anything, then you are dead wrong. Either ANet will change the way they are marketing the expansion to make it seem fairer to veterans, or they do nothing and potentially lose players or not make as much money as they would have off of HoT.

If you cant speak for everyone then dont put “only” in the post. It clumps everyone in the same category. Never said “you” were, just making an example of what is going on and what it would be like if you did do something like what others are doing. This will blow over when something like the engineer specialization comes out or something.

You can’t speak for everyone either, so stop saying that veterans just want free stuff. And no, this won’t “blow over” until the specific problem have been addressed by ANet and they’ve done something about it.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

You’re right anet doesn’t owe me anything, just like I don’t owe them anything. This white knighting isn’t really helping btw. You can actually kill the game you love by driving people away….look what happened to Star Wars Galaxies. People got fed up with the super fan mentality and eventually the game died. Who wants to dump money into a game with people like that? This goes back to the saying “have fun playing by yourself”

(edited by Vanive.3804)

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

Not for repeating until the end same words, Jongi, you’re gonna stop the protests. Its really just that simple.

Its really just that simple.

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Your not though. The expansion is 50 dollars with or without the free core game. If you dont think its worth it dont buy it.

You are objectively wrong. As a veteran (=someone who owns GW2, not someone who has been playing for years), you don’t get the core game. So, you get less.

Your only basis for your argument is that the core game has no value, so you lose on something with no value, therefore you don’t lose anything. Which is again wrong, as an extra account has value as a mule, login reward farm, additional slots, or even a present for a friend.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Most of the people on the forums. I dont feel like im being treated unfairly because I know that I got my monies worth.

But you haven’t gotten your money’s worth for the expansion, because you don’t have it yet. No one is arguing that we didn’t get our money’s worth with the original purchase. I’d just like to see an expansion and to see it sold in way that’s also my money’s worth.

Jongi.7612

Well, to be honest even the game press is starting to align with customers, or at least they understand their point of view and they deem it legit.
http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-players-rightly-upset-by-heart-of-thorns-pre-purchase-scheme/

There is no scheme, just a misunderstanding. If they would of worded HoT as such “new players get the core game for free” a lot of the arguments would of been erased. HoT is $50 dollars with or without the core game.

Though that isnt the point at all of my original post. It was addressing people who think that just because they have played for 3 years they should get something in return". No other reason, just because they have played for 3 years.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

and as a concerned vet, I have to ask you…how does that help anet ?

what if I do care about the developers well being and informing them I think their marketing department is not acting in their best interest ?

what if ironically enough, I do want anet to be around a very long time, and am saying their approach is harming the community with negative reactions. What if I wanted to tell anet, that if they needed more money, there are enough people that really care so they do not have to resort to such negative marketing ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

As customers , the veteran community is unhappy with the product offered so they are letting the company know so they can potentially solve that issue. There’s nothing to do with entitlement.

Take for example my problem, I want to preorder the Deluxe edition so that I get every bonus item/title , I however feel that price of 75 euro is too high, so I would normally shop around, however A-net is the only vendor at the moment, in this case I would attempt to negotiate the price down to the level I want. In cases such as this I’d want others to express this as well to add weight to my negotiation, known as collective bargaining. The company may then feel as a combination of PR and potentially more sales at a lower price point it would be worth lowering the price.

As for the “free copy” The complaints are less about it being given but more that “hey we’d like that copy too even if we upgrade our accounts” Because it is missing out on something you were offered for already being a customer…which is not good business practice.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

And yet again, you see the same morons saying the same tired arguments. We’ve already explained countless kittening times why we’re so upset and the one argument you idiots can come up with is “omg you’re entitled!!”.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The expansion is 50 dollars with or without the free core game.

You still didn’t answer my question – do you honestly believe noone is paying for that core game, and the money for maintenance of additional new accounts just appear in Anet’s accounts out of thin air?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

indeed, when given the choice to be scammed or not to be scammed, I choose not to be scammed

and i post in the forums for two reasons:
1. I want to help other players not be scammed
2. I try to prevent what is happening, because if it goes down as it is now, it will set a precedent and anet/ncsoft/whoever will try to pull it again; then the new players who are receiving the bonus now will be scammed in turn (if they have to pay for base+hot+2nd expansion, and just get the second expansion)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Bla bla bla…

I never told you to go out and buy it in the first place.

What precisely are you accusing me (as a veteran) of if not my unwillingness to buy the game?

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

Why so… complicated:
You like gw2 and you like what you have seen in HoT: Prepurchase, don’t mind anything else

You like gw2, but there wasn’t enough to convince you to buy/preorder/prepurchase HoT: wait. Either until more Content is revealed where you feel the price is right, or until the price drops

Arguing about how ppl get someting more, how we Veterans are treated without respect… well, if you really want to see it that way… then do. I sure hope you don’t see everything like that in life.

Think of it as a promotional thing: You could get exactly the same as every newcomer: A gifted gw2 acc including expansion… or should I say a complete NEW gifted gw2 Account including the expansion?
You opt to forgo this gift, if you add the expansion to your existing Account… it IS sad that we don’t get a promotional gift. Though who cares?

For me it boils down to:
You think HoT is offering enough new content for your money, or you don’t

If no, wait, but it is no use/there is no need to ragem flame, cry about it. Would be the same as first time visitors to a club get an 50% discount from this moment on, for their first two orders/club fee… practically they paid half of that what you did… but… so what?

Though I can understand to say: Hey Anet: This is to expensive for my taste because, not enough content shown. No bang for my buck: Might reconsider if you add char slot in base/lower price by.

Though somehow it always get out of hand…. maybe you should just KISS (keep it short and simple)

For me:
I like GW2, I like what I’ve seen in HOT, I’ll prepurchase soon

(edited by Rai.9625)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Why exactly do some of the veteran players think ANet owes you anything? I see a lot of vet players understand that nothing is owed to them, but the vocal majority of vets here on the forums think something is owed to them.

The expansion is $50 bucks, end of story. If you dont already have GW2 and you buy HoT you get it for free. Its so that it brings in more players.

Veteran players have already gotten their fair share of free stuff, living story which if these new players want to experience they have to pay for, free level 20 boosts for being active during the anniversaries, free skins, free level 80’s if you didnt waste your tomes, and who knows what else was given out.

So what exactly are you guys complaining about? Its just like these spoiled kids that didnt get the car they wanted, or the 64gb iphone and rage at their parents. Its stupid and I hope ANet sticks to their guns.

The ONLY people that should be kittened off are the people who bought the core game recently and now have to dish out another 50 for the expansion in turn making the expansion more expensive. Give them a free skin, gems or something. Everyone else has gotten their monies worth from the game.

If you think you are owed something because you have been playing for 3 years and new players get the core game for free to increase the size of the community that is the exact definition of entitlement.

It’s multiple things. When they announced the game they said that the base game was required to play HoT. They then had multiple sales for the base game. At no point did they tell the existing player base that the core game would be bundled for free with the game. People have a legit reason to be ticked. I am not saying ArenaNet did that on purpose. They decided to add it later, but that doesn’t change the fact that had people known the base game was being bundled with the x-pac now, a lot of us wouldn’t have bought second or third or fourth accounts until now. That is money we have spent on the game for no reason.

There are other legitimate reasons as well for people being ticked. Some are purely opinion-based. Perceived value is one. They rightfully offered incentive to new players to get the game and that’s great. Not only is there no perceived value offered for vets, but if you don’t have any empty character slots you have to pony up an extra $10 to play the Revenant. You are now paying $60 for an expansion pack that has significantly less perceived value than the core game.* Does that make sense why some people would not feel like they are getting their money’s worth?

^That in and of itself is no big deal except for the part where ArenaNet has given character slots in previous games when a new profession was added. In Factions and Nightfall(standalone GW1 campaigns)when they released 2 new professions per game, if you owned a game previously you were given 2 character slots to provide you with a way of adding those professions to your roster. With EotN they didn’t give a character slot but there was not a new profession added to that expansion. A precedent had been set of them giving a character slot for a new profession being added. It added value to the package.

There are a ton of other reasons as well, but I hope you can see why some people are ticked and rightfully so.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Starlightpaw.5871

Then that’s the way you feel, and that’s fine. I’m glad you’re happy with what you paid for, but there are too many people who aren’t happy for this issue to be swept under the rug. It doesn’t help that they people who are happy keep calling the people who aren’t “entitled,” while we clearly have our reasons for being upset about ANet way of marketing.

And I won’t be buying it, not until ANet does something about it. In the end it’s ANet’s loss though.

Jongi.7612

Most of the people on the forums. I dont feel like im being treated unfairly because I know that I got my monies worth.

But you haven’t gotten your money’s worth for the expansion, because you don’t have it yet. No one is arguing that we didn’t get our money’s worth with the original purchase. I’d just like to see an expansion and to see it sold in way that’s also my money’s worth.

Where did I say I got my monies worth from the expansion. Its like there are 40 different conversations going at the same time none of which are about the original post. I got my monies worth from the core game. I dont need a free character slot, I dont need a free skin, a free core copy or anything else because I got my monies worth.

Do I think the expansion is worth it though, yes. Thats why I pre-ordered.

And yes, people are using the argument that they didnt get their monies worth from the core game, thats why I made the post. They think they should get more and more just for playing the game for 3 years. Thats the entire point of my post.

The core game ALWAYS goes down in price no matter the game when an expansion is released. You can get Vanilla through MoP for like 20 bucks now though others spent $250 if the prices were at $50 each. The only difference between here and there is Anet made it free with a purchase of the expansion.

RabbitUp.8294

There is no scheme, just a misunderstanding. If they would of worded HoT as such “new players get the core game for free” a lot of the arguments would of been erased. HoT is $50 dollars with or without the core game.

Pshht, I have this [Banana] for sale. Because the [Banana] is sitting on my kitchen table and I don’t have the keys with me, I’m willing to give you the whole house as a complimentary gift. Price is $100,000. I repeat, you are only buying this [Banana], the house is $0.

Though that isnt the point at all of my original post. It was addressing people who think that just because they have played for 3 years they should get something in return". No other reason, just because they have played for 3 years.

Nobody has said that, but those like you who are eager to scream “entitlement”. You will notice that the solutions suggested are never limited to 3-year-old veterans, but all those that already own the game, even for a single day. And the reason is specifically because they get less value out of the HoT purchase.

Even if they just gave the core game copy to everyone, veteran or new, the very definition of equal treatment, there would be a lot less complaints about this particular issue.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.heartofthorns?_ga=1.207357715.1443775863.1426267586&cid=90:5::::Global:40:::

Four days later the store in English still says for £34.99

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion(includes Guild Wars 2 core game)

Yet if I were to purchase it I would not get the core game, despite it saying in black and white the purchase would net me it.

stof.9341

The core game ALWAYS goes down in price no matter the game when an expansion is released. You can get Vanilla through MoP for like 20 bucks now though others spent $250 if the prices were at $50 each. The only difference between here and there is Anet made it free with a purchase of the expansion.

But the core doesn’t get dropped down to $0 in price, and for sure not without some compensation for current owners.

Jongi.7612

Then that’s the way you feel, and that’s fine. I’m glad you’re happy with what you paid for, but there are too many people who aren’t happy for this issue to be swept under the rug. It doesn’t help that they people who are happy keep calling the people who aren’t “entitled,” while we clearly have our reasons for being upset about ANet way of marketing.

And I won’t be buying it, not until ANet does something about it. In the end it’s ANet’s loss though.

You didnt read my original post did you? People want something just because they have played the game since launch. THAT is what im addressing, not if you think the expansion is or isnt worth $50. I dont think steak should be $20, some people do… no point in arguing over that. But if you think you should get a free beef tip because you shopped there longer than someone who just walked in the door, thats entitlement.

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

Quoting myself:

So you’re telling those who say that the pricing is fine off for trying to get people to believe their side, but then doing the same thing but for the opposing side……

People should make their own minds up based on the evidence available. Not because someone else said they should be on one side or the other.

The difference is that we’re addressing Anet to get a response from them, not from others users that are okay with this. But said users, are trying to convince people that isn’t okay with Anet’s actions, for whatever reason (price, quality, lack of slot, shaddy practices), and in most cases like if we were crazy or cheap. Even in some cases with fallacies, like the lack of subscription*.
So yeah, it’s starting to get annoying. If you guys are okay with the whole situation, great I respect your opinion, but stop trying to back seat moderate the forum or tell other people what they should be or not complaining about. We already have enough with all the complaints being merged into one thread while the threads in favor of the price are not.

*: Yes, there’s no subscription, but we have the gem store. GW2 doesn’t use a subscription model as a marketing strategy, not because they’re our friends. For example, while I didn’t buy this game only for that reason, it was a very important one, that and the fact that I’m okay with cosmetics being sold. Otherwise they wouldn’t have my money in the first place so the argument of “we didn’t pay subscription” is pointless. Also, the subscription model isn’t working that well anymore except for that one game that has a different type of community, so this game with a subscription model could be another dead MMO.
So, we have plenty of potential scenarios and neither of them is true because Anet choose not to use a subscription model hence they marketed the game that way.

There you go. Stop trying to back seat moderate or tell customer what they should do including things like leave the community. If we’re upset is because we like the game and the community and we don’t want to leave, but we also don’t agree with this unfair treatment
If anyone has entintled mentality here is you and the other people telling other users that they shouldn’t complain. Who are you to say such thing?

Quit trolling. Thanks.

Starlightpaw.5871

But that is how ANet worded it, and our arguments are justified.

Jongi.7612

But the core doesn’t get dropped down to $0 in price, and for sure not without some compensation for current owners.

Anet made it free with the expansion. Its a buy to play game. If you already have it what is there to complain about?

Jongi.7612

But that is how ANet worded it, and our arguments are justified.

No it isnt, go look at the basic package. They had to post in the forums stating the correction.

Ricky.4706

i’m in 2 big guilds with like 450 members each….none of them log on anymore or have been around in years. this deal isn’t bringing them back.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Manasa Devi.7958

Where did I say I got my monies worth from the expansion. Its like there are 40 different conversations going at the same time none of which are about the original post. I got my monies worth from the core game. I dont need a free character slot, I dont need a free skin, a free core copy or anything else because I got my monies worth.

I didn’t claim you said anything, I was just explaining how having gotten your money’s worth out of one product has nothing to do with how you should value your next purchase. It’s not rational, it’s emotional, and it’s your prerogative to base your own decision on that, but you can’t use it as an argument in a discussion about the expansion. Our feelings about GW2 up to now has no bearing on our feelings about this expansion situation. Your continual pointing at what we got out of the original game is completely without merit. Pointless. A waste of time.

stof.9341

Anet made it free with the expansion. Its a buy to play game. If you already have it what is there to complain about?

The fact that ANet can scream all they want the core is free, this is false :
- there is no such thing as a free lunch
- there’s no proof it’s free since it’s impossible to aquire it for that price
- the value people put into their possessions is completely decolerated from their price anyway!

In fact the value doesn’t change much over time and tends to completely ignore price fluctuations. So all that ANet can manage to accomplish by saying the core is free is make some owners feel riped off.

Jongi.7612

Quoting myself:

So you’re telling those who say that the pricing is fine off for trying to get people to believe their side, but then doing the same thing but for the opposing side……

People should make their own minds up based on the evidence available. Not because someone else said they should be on one side or the other.

The difference is that we’re addressing Anet to get a response from them, not from others users that are okay with this. But said users, are trying to convince people that isn’t okay with Anet’s actions, for whatever reason (price, quality, lack of slot, shaddy practices), and in most cases like if we were crazy or cheap. Even in some cases with fallacies, like the lack of subscription*.
So yeah, it’s starting to get annoying. If you guys are okay with the whole situation, great I respect your opinion, but stop trying to back seat moderate the forum or tell other people what they should be or not complaining about. We already have enough with all the complaints being merged into one thread while the threads in favor of the price are not.

*: Yes, there’s no subscription, but we have the gem store. GW2 doesn’t use a subscription model as a marketing strategy, not because they’re our friends. For example, while I didn’t buy this game only for that reason, it was a very important one, that and the fact that I’m okay with cosmetics being sold. Otherwise they wouldn’t have my money in the first place so the argument of “we didn’t pay subscription” is pointless. Also, the subscription model isn’t working that well anymore except for that one game that has a different type of community, so this game with a subscription model could be another dead MMO.
So, we have plenty of potential scenarios and neither of them is true because Anet choose not to use a subscription model hence they marketed the game that way.

There you go. Stop trying to back seat moderate or tell customer what they should do including things like leave the community. If we’re upset is because we like the game and the community and we don’t want to leave, but we also don’t agree with this unfair treatment
If anyone has entintled mentality here is you and the other people telling other users that they shouldn’t complain. Who are you to say such thing?

Quit trolling. Thanks.

How exactly is telling other people to stop whining entitlement? Your so far off the mark its embarrassing. What some people are doing is trying to make the complainers see that their arguments are kind of stupid. I paid for something 3 years ago I should get something free now, no the expansion isnt $50 (yes it is), the expansion comes with a free core game (only to new players), wheres my character slot (they dont owe you one, other games when bringing out a new class dont give you free character slots for them how is this any different). If you dont like the price because you dont think what your getting is worth it thats fine, nothing to debate there, its your opinion.

Cambeleg.7632

You didnt read my original post did you? People want something just because they have played the game since launch. THAT is what im addressing, not if you think the expansion is or isnt worth $50. I dont think steak should be $20, some people do… no point in arguing over that. But if you think you should get a free beef tip because you shopped there longer than someone who just walked in the door, thats entitlement.

Again, your point is wrong.

People don’t want something just because they have played the game since launch. Forget this idea… c’mon, forget it! Good. Now, repeat with me: people want to get same deal than a new player. Not more, not less. Same. If they get a new core copy, ‘vets’ want too; and if ‘vets’ aren’t gonna get a new core copy, you should give em something in equal value since they’re getting less for their purchase.

Not for repeating same defense, the protests will be less justified. For every ‘vet’ who considers this deal as unfair, is justified. Its really just that simple.

Ricky.4706

Jongi, do you realize you are endorsing oppression ?

Posted by: iHungeri.4096

iHungeri.4096

i’ll put it in simple language for those who can’t understand simple concepts and like to generalise.

new purchaser: £35 for HoT + base game

recent purchaser: £35 for HoT + nothing + regret because of no prior announcement (once again, i’m sorry to my friends who i persuaded to get the game in recent weeks after HoT was announced but before it was available)

“veteran” (whatever that means for you): £35 for HoT + nothing. oh, you wants character slot? £60 plis

just from a consumerist, value-for-money point of view, some people are getting less for £35. and that makes some people feel that some injustice is going on, and that’s why they complain. true, some will still buy the expansion regardless, but if nobody makes a stand against poor business practice (and against inequality in general), gamerkind (and humankind in general) is doomed.

rant: i just hate that the bigger a gaming company gets, the more kitten they get as well. electronicderps, kitten xon and now ncderp

edit: lol at the inconsistent censoring of dherpes

will pay for a dolly rocket booster

(edited by iHungeri.4096)

Rai.9625

Again, your point is wrong.

People don’t want something just because they have played the game since launch. Forget this idea… c’mon, forget it! Good. Now, repeat with me: people want to get same deal than a new player. Not more, not less. Same. If they get a new core copy, ‘vets’ want too; and if ‘vets’ aren’t gonna get a new core copy, you should give em something in equal value since they’re getting less for their purchase.

Not for repeating same defense, the protests will be less justified. For every ‘vet’ who considers this deal as unfair, is justified. Its really just that simple.

I could quote myself… but KISS:
You can get the exact same. A brand new account including GW2 base Game and the Expansion on top. That is the exact same a new player gets and you can too.

RabbitUp.8294

People want something just because they have played the game since launch. THAT is what im addressing

Find a single post and quote it here. A post from someone asking for special treatment, above what others receive, specifically because they have been playing for 3 years.

Manasa Devi.7958

What some people are doing is trying to make the complainers see that their arguments are kind of stupid. I paid for something 3 years ago I should get something free now

Who is asking for anything for free? Asking for a better deal is not asking for freebies. People like you who continually and viciously misrepresent other people’s writings on these forums is what makes this place toxic, not the people expressing their opinions.

RabbitUp.8294

You can get the exact same. A brand new account including GW2 base Game and the Expansion on top. That is the exact same a new player gets and you can too.

You are only saying that I can turn myself into a new customer by forgoing my progress of all those years to get the deal. How is that helping? You just show that newcomers get more value for their money, as by the end, I will have 1 core account and 1 HoT upgraded one.

Cambeleg.7632

Wrong, Rai. Since HoT binds to your account, if you want the core ‘for free’, you must open a new account and to start again, ’cos your HoT copy will be bound to this new account, not to your old one.

Maybe you’re fine being forced to start again, but many people isn’t.

Ricky.4706

so unless they agree with you, they are whining ? you don’t see that as oppressive behavior ?

Cambeleg.7632

Again, not for repeating like a parrot same arguments, protests that ‘vet’ players consider justified will stop. Its really just that simple.

Jongi.7612

Why two wrongs? GW2 straight up said that the core GW2 is F2P (except you need to buy at least HoT to use it). So we preowners of the core GW2 are entitled a replacement for that now “worthless” item because it’s ANet fault it’s worthless.

Which is very similar to saying : HoT bundle purchase includes either a copy of GW2 or something else (800 gems? a char slot? both?) if you already own one.

No no no no no… just no. Your not entitled to anything. You even helped my point across that you think your entitled because you bought the game 3 years ago. Did you not forget you got soooo much that isnt able to be gotten anymore in those 3 years without paying for it like living story season 2? Or how about just all the time you spent in game already, or the free level 20 boosts, or whatever else you could think of.

This is exactly what my original post was addressing, people need to understand this.

Rai.9625

Wrong, Rai. Since HoT binds to your account, if you want the core ‘for free’, you must open a new account and to start again, ’cos your HoT copy will be bound to this new account, not to your old one.

Maybe you’re fine being forced to start again, but many people isn’t.

You just said you wanted to be treated the same/get the same. That’s all. And THAT you can get, new acc incl. exp.
That is what newcomers get. They don’t get an existing Acc and then the Exp…

You said the exactly same thing as me and saying I’m wrong. That is quite illogical for me. New player gets new acc, new gw2 new hot. You can too. That is all.

True is, it isn’t preferred and I can understand that.

Though you ‘demand’ or ‘wish’ to get something similar, but not the same. You want something else as a bonus, promotion, because you are a veteran, no?