which one is the official forum ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

Here or reddit?

why Mr. Colin response at the reddit but not here?
is that means devs are ignore us all the time at here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v3t6c/colins_responses_on_effect_change_and_pvp_balance/

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Official information is posted here, but for personal comments devs seem to like r/Guildwars2 more.

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

They haven’t posted anything here since the release of HoT despite the plethora of issues. I haven’t checked but I’m betting they are posting in the spvp forum.

I think it’s a disgusting way to treat the customers who just shelled out to buy your product!

That’s how Anet rolls these days.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I find the outrage on dev silence a little curious. I’ve been a gamer for years, but hardly gave a second thought to the ‘men behind the curtain’, and certainly never expected them to check in with the players in any meaningful way. I suppose interacting with the community is the new standard, now that technology permits it.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I find the outrage on dev silence a little curious. I’ve been a gamer for years, but hardly gave a second thought to the ‘men behind the curtain’, and certainly never expected them to check in with the players in any meaningful way. I suppose interacting with the community is the new standard, now that technology permits it.

The main thing people want is for them to acknowledge or explain their reasoning behind buffs and nerfs, which they rarely do, and most of all, justify nerfs disguised as bug fixes like what’s been happening with Druid lately.

The big reason I think they prefer Reddit for discussion is the bigger base and the fact people can down vote negativity.

I’m also one of those people who enjoyed the dialogue we had before HoT, but now we see hardly any red posts about profession balance or fixing core specializations, and feel a bit salty over that.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Since devs post on their own time. they’re free to post wherever they feel most comfortable. Looking at reddit and looking at the official forums, if I were a dev, I’d feel more comfortable on reddit too.

I feel like I find less biased posts on reddit, and more analytical informative posts there.

Also because the community maintains reddit, banal, insulting or worthless posts are usually downvoted to oblivion, where as constructive criticism often gets a lot of upvotes.

So Reddit does their sorting for them.

If part of a dev’s official responsibility was posting to these forums, you might have a point OP. But it’s not. And in their own time, Anet employees can post anywhere they feel like it.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

They read. Posting is on their own time.

I know some are concerned about whether ArenaNet is communicating with you and listening and responding to your feedback. As you saw with yesterday’s announcement, we do. All of us at ArenaNet play the game with you, chat with you and read your forum posts, and work on the things that we think will most delight and entertain you.
We’ve set a clear policy in the past year: we don’t talk speculatively about future development. We don’t want to string you along. Creating fun is an uncertain business: sometimes things work out and sometimes they don’t; sometimes we go back to the drawing board over and over before we get something right. If we make optimistic promises and then can’t deliver on them, everyone suffers. So when we attend a trade show or give an interview, we’re there to talk about what we’re getting ready to ship, not to speculate on what we might ship someday.
Don’t read that as meaning that we don’t want to talk with you about the longer-term roadmap. The intention of the CDI threads is to talk with you about the roadmap. We want to talk design philosophy with you and hear how you want to see the game evolve. When those discussions trigger development, we’ll work internally until we have something we’re proud of before we’ll announce it.
A lot of the questions I’ve seen posted this week are as simple as this: does ArenaNet have an agenda to never do something? That’s almost never the case, and if it is the case you deserve to know and we’ll make sure we get more clear. In general the simple truth is this: when we’re not currently working on something, it’s because we’re working on something else instead that we think is more important for the game and community.
Our developers post on these forums on a voluntary basis, and in addition to developers, we have a community team who can clarify and be the bridge between players and developers. They’re ready to engage you on these topics. And I know it’s hard for the community team to engage players across all the forums and sites where these questions are being discussed, so I’m going to support the team in consolidating and focusing as necessary, so that we can be clear to the community where you can go to get a response.

See you in-game,
Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

To answer the OP: The one with all the tears; so you are clearly right here.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Reddit. If we have to go there to find answers and responses, while the ‘official’ forums is dead of developer replies . . . I think the answer is glaringly obvious.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

This is the official forums
Reddit is just a place for all the white knights so yea of course poorly skilled developers
would prefer it more where ppl can defend them and remove posts they don’t like to see lol

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

This is the official forums
Reddit is just a place for all the white knights so yea of course poorly skilled developers
would prefer it more where ppl can defend them and remove posts they don’t like to see lol

Not anymore…they tearing apart Collins there too.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I don’t think it has anything to do with where the player response is more negative.

I think it has to do with a corporate culture that clamps down on unscripted developer communication. Remember when one of the developers said too much and had to back away from his previously open communication?

I think they post on Reddit because this is the OFFICIAL FORUM where every communication, if not completely devoid of detail, must be run through the PR department and triple stamped by the powers that be.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

This is certainly the official forum, but not necessarily the forum many devs choice when they want to engage players. “Why?” is most likely an unique combination of all the reasons listed depending on the dev in question.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

This has always totally ground my gears aswell.

THIS is the supposed official communication point for GW2- a year or so ago there was some sort of massive tech hitch and the game was down for sometime – the first all the hundreds of people heard about a possible solution was from some guy who had just been in Reddit, nothing on anything formal just a reddit post and FB post – another time there was some sort of bug issue that we only heard from by another forum poster who had had to TRANSLATE the Portuguese Anet FB comment into English and post on the forums.

I don’t give a rats kitten where you ‘prefer’ to post – have some professionalism.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

THIS is the supposed official communication point for GW2- a year or so ago there was some sort of massive tech hitch and the game was down for sometime – the first all the hundreds of people heard about a possible solution was from some guy who had just been in Reddit, nothing on anything formal just a reddit post and FB post – another time there was some sort of bug issue that we only heard from by another forum poster who had had to TRANSLATE the Portuguese Anet FB comment into English and post on the forums.

I don’t give a rats kitten where you ‘prefer’ to post – have some professionalism.

+100

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Well Reddit is a superior forum system, so i dont blame the devs. Here on forums you need to sift through tons of posts, which can be time consuming.

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

GW2 forum : a place where players suggested what they don’t like in the game and trying to gives new ideas to the dev….but apparently no one answer

Reddit : Anet fan boys forum , where everything the dev says …..is good …..because even if they made mistakes there they will always find love.

Vayne.8563

GW2 forum : a place where players suggested what they don’t like in the game and trying to gives new ideas to the dev….but apparently no one answer

Reddit : Anet fan boys forum , where everything the dev says …..is good …..because even if they made mistakes there they will always find love.

Well there are over a thousand people on Reddit right now and there are over 100,000 signed up for the Guild Wars 2 reddit.

Now if someone posts a negative thread and enough people agree with it, find it constructive, that thread will get upvoted. We’ve seen it a lot.

And if people post a negative, inflamatory post that has little value, it gets downvoted, because there are enough people there who think the post isn’t valuable to be on the front page.

Negative posts get to the front page of reddit every single day. But the community does get a say on which negative posts have value.

Here, on the other hand, anyone can say what they want, even if it’s baseless, or even completely wrong. So yeah, I prefer reddit to here.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You see more Dev activity on Reddit because it’s more active and the type of posts are different.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not too surprised that the devs don’t post here as much. Nowadays when they do post on a thread there are a series of posts after it complaining about how they posted on this thread and not on that thread and why they posted on this thread and not that thread. Since their posting here is voluntary and any post has a stream of negative comments following it, then yep. They ain’t going to voluntarily put their hand into the snake pit to be bit.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Here, on the other hand, anyone can say what they want, even if it’s baseless, or even completely wrong. So yeah, I prefer reddit to here.

I’d love to see devs posting something on wvw sub forums. Like, really. When you need to post a request on reddit about legendary effects on engie kits to get an answer about wvw, you know there’s a communication problem somewhere.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

If you are an expert at your profession and are in any way qualified to make good judgement and advocate a professional environment, there should be no hesitation in posting on an official forum. Posting elsewhere simply means you are unable to deal with the issues at hand and you are simply stalling to come up with an acceptable answer.
Period.

Ayrilana.1396

If you are an expert at your profession and are in any way qualified to make good judgement and advocate a professional environment, there should be no hesitation in posting on an official forum. Posting elsewhere simply means you are unable to deal with the issues at hand and you are simply stalling to come up with an acceptable answer.
Period.

No.

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

This. I also don’t care which place they prefer to post at, because here is their “so-called” official forum and I’m also getting tired of all those external links to get info on the game (reddit, fb, twitter, dulfy). If they really can’t take the negativity here, which is partially inspired by being ignored btw, they finally need to grow a thicker skin. And I’m NOT only talking about devs, I’d like to mainly adress the communication / marketing director if they have one.

I would even say that the complains about HoT repeat themself constantly due to no information on where the game is heading right now. And people don’t ask for unreasonable info on future content, they only ask for ArenaNets position regarding the current HoT content and the direction changes GW2 has gone through. Was all of this intended? Do they agree with part of our critism? Or is everything working perfectly? We really don’t know much about all that.

I mean, what’s the reaction 80-90% of the time whenever Gaile gives us some communication update? Really, most people are/were very thankful for that. I rarely saw someone being rude or aggresive over that.

It’s not like we could jump out of their monitors to strangle someone. I just really wish we would get at least one reply on the front page of guildwars2.com that explains ArenaNet’s position to the big critism points players made over the last month.

Yes, there were many rage posts (mine included), but staying silent and ignoring the reasonable posts won’t solve this. It might get worse instead.

(edited by ShelBlackblood.7826)

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Ha reading some of the comments in this thread and people wonder why the devs do not post. Common human decency goes a long way in getting a response on a topic. If people would act a little more respectful with what they post maybe there would be more interaction. Until this happens I hope the devs ignore posting on here at all, keep it to reddit.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

They haven’t posted anything here since the release of HoT despite the plethora of issues. I haven’t checked but I’m betting they are posting in the spvp forum.

I think it’s a disgusting way to treat the customers who just shelled out to buy your product!

If you just click on the Dev Tracker you’ll see your statement is absolutely false. They may not be posting about what you want them to post but they have been posting.

Akkeros.1675

Period.

No.

yes

Ayrilana.1396

Period.

No.

yes

No. You’re assuming that the only reason that one would not comment on their official forums is for the reasons that you mentioned. That’s false.

Nausicca.6038

Ha reading some of the comments in this thread and people wonder why the devs do not post. Common human decency goes a long way in getting a response on a topic. If people would act a little more respectful with what they post maybe there would be more interaction. Until this happens I hope the devs ignore posting on here at all, keep it to reddit.

Reddit WvW overall mega thread in wvw sub forums just got deleted. This is how Anet communicates with their wvw community since launch. How do we wvw’ers are supposed to react?

VoxL, NSPPT

(edited by Nausicca.6038)

Nausicca.6038

Reddit WvW overall mega thread in wvw sub forums just got deleted. This is how Anet communicates with their wvw community since launch. How do we wvw’ers are supposed to react?

If a thread gets deleted that’s the moderators, not the Devs. The devs don’t come on the forum to moderate. I didn’t read the thread but presumably there were posts that broke the forum rules sufficently that the mods deleted it. They do that on each forum, not just the WvW forum.

It wasn’t even a flaming thread. People were talking about the alliance system rumors, bringing interesting ideas, why it would or wouldn’t work etc… Then poof, no more. Not even a word. Nothing.
What are they trying to do exactly? Why don’t they moderate all the QQ threads in this sub forum as well? Or pvp sub forums? Or fractals/raids? There are a lot of useless threads here that have been filled with QQ for days and they didn’t even react.

So why this specific one ?

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you just click on the Dev Tracker you’ll see your statement is absolutely false. They may not be posting about what you want them to post but they have been posting.

Have you clicked on the Dev tracker? It’s been a barren wasteland when talking about the future. All that has moved off-site that last month or so.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Akkeros.1675

Period.

No.

yes

No. You’re assuming that the only reason that one would not comment on their official forums is for the reasons that you mentioned. That’s false.

No
I am assuming big picture questions have been purposely avoided on the main forum yet addressed on others instead.
Pudding —> Proof
Assumption confirmed
So, Yes

p.s. i like you, you keep it short and simple, lol

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

It would be nice to get devs posts about gw2 on official gw2 forum. I don’t even see why there needs to be other gw2 forums unless it’s easier to create a hivemind. It really is frustrating to hear about dev posts on other sites.

No wonder people say that Anet doesn’t communicate well with players.

Ayrilana.1396

Period.

No.

yes

No
I am assuming big picture questions have been purposely avoided on the main forum yet addressed on others instead.
Pudding —> Proof
Assumption confirmed
So, Yes

p.s. i like you, you keep it short and simple, lol

How about this scenario. Many of the Anet staff answer questions on their own time with Reddit being their preferred media to read. They see something they want to comment on at that time so they do to. It’s not that they’re actively choosing to abandon the forums.

Many people prefer Reddit over the forums. This doesn’t necessarily mean there’s anything inherently wrong with the forums; it’s just not what they prefer. The atmosphere between Reddit and the forums is very different.

Akkeros.1675

No

lol, jk

Ayrilana.1396

No

lol, jk

:)

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Official information is posted here, but for personal comments devs seem to like r/Guildwars2 more.

Well, there are still quite a few forum posts from Gaile and the others – you can see where through the Dev Tracker.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker

But yup, a lot of main posts seem to be on Reddit. (Odd.)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

shaquinna.2869

If I’d use my official title outside of working hours (read: ‘my own time’) to communicate any information about my company in any ‘extern’ way I’d get fired…. But I suppose this works differently for Anet, so anyway…

I can’t believe the argument: ‘Too much negativity here, they are absolutely right in prefering to post on another forum.’

Personally I think they have nothing to prefer.. They should ‘grow a pair’ and start taking some responsibility in actually talking to their actual costumers on the forum created by ANET themselve to communicate about their product.

Now I’m not saying they should respond to every thread, that’s ridiculous. I’d ignore the ‘loads of kitten’ threads aswel and that’s what they should do. But there are also a lot of constructive posts here sometimes adressing the same issues over and over again. Heck some of them are even [merged] which, in my opinion, means they even acknowledge there is a ‘problem’ but without a repsonse. (Or is there a Reddit link I haven’t seen yet?)

Anyone noticed these kind of post for example?:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-do-we-promote-this-behavior-Nevermore-IV-Merged/page/2#post5823323

It’s about events needed failing, a topic that has been adressed a LOT since HoT release. I’ve been following these threads and my experience is this in this order:

1. People start asking questions about if it’s intended that events need to fail to be able to retrieve a certain collection object
2. People are still asking why, and some are suggesting how to obtain the item in a different way or how else the event can go (yes these kind of posts excists)
3. People post ‘angry’ threads about how Anet can be promoting this kind of playstyle..

But wait… what’s that comment there in the topic I linked???:

There is a thread on reddit discussing this issue that has a developer response to the effect that they are removing requirements for failed events in these collection progressions.

Take heart, ANET agrees with you.

I mean.. seriously ??!!

How many angry and negative posts could have been avoided on the ‘Offical Forum’.. I wonder….

Edit: Grammar and stuff

Btw: The input Reddit has is not bad. It can even help, but it’s not the place the devs should ‘hang out’ in their spare time.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square

(edited by shaquinna.2869)

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

snip
But wait… what’s that comment there in the topic I linked???:

There is a thread on reddit discussing this issue that has a developer response to the effect that they are removing requirements for failed events in these collection progressions.

Take heart, ANET agrees with you.

I mean.. seriously ??!!

How many angry and negative posts could have been avoided on the ‘Offical Forum’.. I wonder….

:) at this point, whoever is responsible for the offical forum should just do all of us a favor and close this site. Or better: redirect forum-en.guildwars2.com to reddit. Because as I’ve seen countless times ever since HoT launched (and a few times before, but not that extreme) posting here has become rather meaningless. Again, I write this looking at the management and not at the devs who – I assume – are mostly innocent about the whole lack of communication issue on their official site.

Unless we have some sort of reddit guru aka linkhero who creates communication bridges between both sites frequently…! Nah that sounds ridiculous.

shaquinna.2869

For those of you who don’t know it (I didn’t until recently), Reddit also has a dev tracker:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gw2devtrack

In the past few days, some devs posted many interesting comments on reddit.

I find this sad… very sad

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Since devs post on their own time. they’re free to post wherever they feel most comfortable. Looking at reddit and looking at the official forums, if I were a dev, I’d feel more comfortable on reddit too.

I feel like I find less biased posts on reddit, and more analytical informative posts there.

Also because the community maintains reddit, banal, insulting or worthless posts are usually downvoted to oblivion, where as constructive criticism often gets a lot of upvotes.

So Reddit does their sorting for them.

If part of a dev’s official responsibility was posting to these forums, you might have a point OP. But it’s not. And in their own time, Anet employees can post anywhere they feel like it.

Excuse me sir, but if they posted those reddit posts on here instead, the atmosphere here wouldn’t be degrading every day.

They obviously have time to post about issues on here if they are currently doing so on reddit, so do it on their own official forums, show support to the customers who paid for their game, and are on here looking for support and direction.

They need to consolidate their posting on gaming issues to one forum, if they want to post somewhere else about non game related stuff they feel free to do so like anyone else. This forum is suppose to be the direct gateway between the company and it’s customers, so start using it. You think it would be ok if Apple started replying to customers over on the Microsoft forums instead? Hey maybe Dell should head over to the Newegg forums to reply to customers.

It’s too uncomfortable for them? well I’m sorry but that’s on them, communication is a two way street, their customers are on here stating their concerns, it’s up to Anet to reply. You don’t throw up a post like Mike did about communicating more with us and then go back to being even worse than before.

They like the up down voting system? then implement it in here on the boards. So bloody stupid how badly this company handles communications and marketing.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think they’ve figured out that they can have a more sensible conversation on Reddit because they’ve left us whiners on here.
Anyone for Golgafrincham?

shaquinna.2869

- snip -

Excuse me sir, but if they posted those reddit posts on here instead, the atmosphere here wouldn’t be degrading every day.

They obviously have time to post about issues on here if they are currently doing so on reddit, so do it on their own official forums, show support to the customers who paid for their game, and are on here looking for support and direction.

They need to consolidate their posting on gaming issues to one forum, if they want to post somewhere else about non game related stuff they feel free to do so like anyone else. This forum is suppose to be the direct gateway between the company and it’s customers, so start using it. You think it would be ok if Apple started replying to customers over on the Microsoft forums instead? Hey maybe Dell should head over to the Newegg forums to reply to customers.

It’s too uncomfortable for them? well I’m sorry but that’s on them, communication is a two way street, their customers are on here stating their concerns, it’s up to Anet to reply. You don’t throw up a post like Mike did about communicating more with us and then go back to being even worse than before.

They like the up down voting system? then implement it in here on the boards. So bloody stupid how badly this company handles communications and marketing.

Your wording is probably way better than mine.. I can’t agree more with your post.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square

Vayne.8563

- snip -

Your wording is probably way better than mine.. I can’t agree more with your post.

The atmosphere degrades here no matter what they do. It was degrading during CDIs when Anet was communicating more with us too.

The problem is, here anyone who bought the game can post, even if they no longer play the game. They can post troll posts with impunity and as long as they stay within boundaries, their posts will remain up.

On reddit troll posts are quickly downvoted and so the place doesn’t carry the same weight.

I’ve seen these forums when Anet communicated more. If they don’t like what Anet has to say, they’re as bad as they are now. People don’t want ANet to communicate. They want to hear what they want to hear.

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

So, should I make a sub-official GW2 forum account on reddit?

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

…because you can’t have 20 fake accounts to downvote every negative comment into obscurity on THIS forum…

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I just want to mention, that at least the search function is working on Reddit, while Anet’s own AAA forum cannot fix a simple search function for 3 years. After that, even mentioning professionalism is kinda weird.

2pro4me

shaquinna.2869

The atmosphere degrades here no matter what they do. It was degrading during CDIs when Anet was communicating more with us too.
The problem is, here anyone who bought the game can post, even if they no longer play the game. They can post troll posts with impunity and as long as they stay within boundaries, their posts will remain up.
On reddit troll posts are quickly downvoted and so the place doesn’t carry the same weight.
I’ve seen these forums when Anet communicated more. If they don’t like what Anet has to say, they’re as bad as they are now. People don’t want ANet to communicate. They want to hear what they want to hear.

How can you speak for the whole forum community / all the people? I for once don’t want them to tell me ‘what I want to hear’. The answers they are giving on Reddit are in my opinion perfectly fine and clear answers. The problem is that people in here are looking for those answers… They are looking on the forum of the game they bought to find help and understanding in how things work around here.

I’d like to refer to my previous post here (about events needing to fail for precursor collections). People are making posts about how ANET can possibly encourage this gameplay and they conspiring about ANET intentions to let people fail event with whatever reason they can come up with.

And then I go to Reddit and I see this:
https://np.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qveea/rant_can_we_not_have_precursor_collection_depend/

How many ‘negative’ post did we have on the forums about the failing events needed for precursor crafting lately? How many you think we would have had if this Reddit dev information (which is a month old) would have been right here on the forums? Regardless if they are doing it ‘from home’.

It’s only speculation of course, you can fill it in for yourself, I know I do.

“The problem is, here anyone who bought the game can post, even if they no longer play the game.”

You’re kind of blowing my mind here.. Yes, when I bought the game I bought the right to post on the forum aswel, and yes, even when I no longer play the game. (Hence F2P cannot post on the forums) See.. I bought the game, I payed for the game.. I put the money I work for into the game.
I don’t have a clear view of the people who are posting on Reddit, but I know that when I created my Reddit account they did not ask me if I actually bought the game or have it in my possession. So I suppose they asked no one who’s posting on the Gw2 sub either.

“On reddit troll posts are quickly downvoted and so the place doesn’t carry the same weight.”

That’s Lazy, that’s really lazy. They are letting the people (every random person with a Reddit account) ‘decide’ what needs addressing and what doesn’t. And with ‘decide’ I mean they let the people do their ‘dirty work’? I am sure they are perfectly capable of deciding what’s important on their own forum, they just refuse to. They go to Reddit because it’s ‘easy’ and not because there are less trolls, but because the Reddit community does the filtering for them. At least that’s what I see then.

Like Xenesis.6389 said: If they like it, implement it here. I sure don’t care, especially not if it makes them use their own forums instead.
Then there’s the ‘Code of Conduct’

‘You agree that ArenaNet may take whatever steps it deems necessary to maintain a suitable forum environment at its sole discretion and without notice to you.’

(This is what you need to accept before posting on the forums)

This basically gives them a free-pass to ‘clean’ up the forum the way they want. Why not make use of your own rules?

My conclusion and suggestion
Let Anet implement the down- and upvoting system on their own forums. If that’s really the issue here I suppose there are enough reasonable people on the *official * forums (like there are on Reddit) who can down and upvote posts that are either important or trolling.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And look at this post. It’s on reddit and not on their “official” forum.

Letter of introduction, AND let’s talk about Legendary Weapons

Hello all!
My name is Matt Pennebaker, and I wanted to reach out and say “hi.” As many of you know u/LinseyMurdock is rolling off of working on legendary collections as she is needed elsewhere. I will be stepping in and attempting to fill her metaphorical shoes (my literal feet are like twice as big as hers).
I have worked directly with Linsey for a couple of years on rewards, but I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations. This is important to get out there because it means that I am still familiarizing myself with everything that’s been done, and where things are hooked in to the game. So please, bear with me.
Now that you are bored with who I am, you may be asking, “why is this guy still talking?” First off, rude, second, to get some details about my plans.
I have a small team working with me, but we are working on a few different things. Specifically: issues with current legendary weapons, new legendary weapons, and festivals (that’s a topic for another day)
The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows:
Fix blockers as soon as I’m made aware of them. Anything that halts your progress is unacceptable and I’ll do everything I can to get it fixed ASAP.
Fix issues that encourage toxic play or interactions. No collectible should be gated behind failed events, or mechanics that make you upset that another player is playing a specific way. Unfortunately these things take longer to fix and test around the fixes (don’t want to break something else on accident), so the turn around will be slower
Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner), and minor inconsistencies. We will get to things when possible, it may just take a while. Something to remember, every minute spent on one bug is a minute not spent somewhere else.
If you see something, say something. We actively read reddit posts and the forums. My QA partner
(edit: found his reddit handle: u/ANET_Blonk) is all over things here. We want to know what’s wrong with our content, so please let us know.

New legendary weapons! The good news: yes, we are working on them. The bad news: no, I cannot tell you any more about them. Sorry, some things just need to be a secret.
Communication: I’m not a very social-media-focused person, and to be honest, have a lot of stuff to do, but I’m going to try my best to be communicative and up-front with you all. There are things I won’t be able to talk about, and things I won’t have the knowledge or authority to talk about, but I will do my best to not hide things from you.

Alright, I think that’s about everything I wanted to cover. I’ll be popping in and out of here the rest of the day so I can try to answer questions you might have.

Posts like these say more than any words ever could which forum they consider their real forum to communicate with Guild Wars 2 players.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

So, should I make a sub-official GW2 forum account on reddit?

Yes…please do, they don’t seem to care to communicate to us through their own forum.