Theorycrafting on Scarlet

in Lore

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

The more I think, the more I wonder if the dragon painting is either a giant red herring or something else we’re missing.

There’s no evidence that Mordremoth or Primordius has been napping all this time beneath Lion’s Arch – no husks or destroyers in the near vicinity. The only evidence of a dragon being involved is Scarlet talking of ‘dragon magic’ at Thaumanova, but blowing up Thaumanova didn’t register a blip in dragon activity as far as we’ve seen. And everytime I hear the voice in Scarlet’s head conflated with the Nightmare, I compare the nightmares she describes in her journal to that of the warden at Fallias Thorp.

(And, just as added fodder, remember all the giant creepy heads sticking out of the tree next to the outpost. Said tree also happens to be next door to Twilight Arbor and the Nightmare Court’s Brisban camp and the Great Jungle Wurm.)

Everything I see almost points to Not A Dragon. I’m led to believe it might be Menzies or Dhuum except there’s nothing mentioning them in the evidence either. Save for potential Scarlet shenanigans at the Fall of Abaddon.

So why is there a dragon in the cave?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

It could always be a demon, such as Kanaxi, who could drive people into insanity…

I mean personally I hope it’s Kanaxi and that bridges is to Cantha, but that’s me just being wishful.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I feel like Kanaxai would struggle to exert influence over someone an entire continent away – and I can’t imagine what he would want in Tyria anyway.

Also Uruz – why would there be evidence of a dragon sleeping? Sleeping dragons are not surrounded by minions – we know this from GW1. Kralkatorrik didn’t have any branded around him whatsoever. Neither did Primordius – of course his champion the Great Destroyer was producing Destroyers, but that’s not the same as the dragon itself.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I really lose faith in humanity right now.

Prepare yourself to have your faith shattered completely, (insert evil laugh here)

Through the logic that a painting of a dragon automatically points to an Elder Dragons, Cantha is already a bastion of Elder Dragon Power for the empire that rules that land is called….The Empire of the Dragon.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Arena Net likes refencing real-world stuff. Asian ‘dragon’ is something else. It is often a kind of title of the emperor, or rather an epithet. It may be the reference, or intentional use of that ‘dragon’ epithet. Think harder before posting, bro. Plus dragons, as it seems, exist in this universe, aside from dem Elder Dragons. Problem, officer?

Erm…

You guys know that Glint and Kuunavang (and Rotscale) had been compared to each other in the same way that Elder Dragons have been compared to each other, right? This also after Glint was revealed to be a champion of Kralkatorrik.

Just saying.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

You guys know that Glint and Kuunavang (and Rotscale) had been compared to each other in the same way that Elder Dragons have been compared to each other, right? This also after Glint was revealed to be a champion of Kralkatorrik.

Are you implying that my sarcastic remark may actually be possible?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It’s actually been theorised a few times that Cantha might be the domain of an elder dragon, of whom Kuunavang was the champion. The nature of this dragon varies according to different theories – in some, it’s a benevolent one that counterbalances the others, in some, it’s like Jormag in that it accepts worshippers, and its now viewing the entire empire of Cantha as such, and in others, it’s going to trash the continent when it wakes up just like other elder dragons.

Either way, though, there certainly are a lot of dragons and dragon-like creatures in Cantha, enough to postulate that Cantha might be where the dragons originally came from. Or, it could be a land that the elder dragons didn’t go to for some reason, allowing it to be a safe haven for dragons that were not assimilated into the armies of the elder dragons.

(Incidentally, on the grawl – I’ve seen an Aboriginal cave painting with complicated designs on a roof several meters up and also several meters across, with no clear means of climbing to it. So-called “primitive” people can be quite ingenious if there’s something they really want to do.)

It’s a tree! What is it going to do? Grow cannons? If a bunch of airships show up to set fire to it, it is utterly helpless. We have no reason to assume the Pale Tree has any sort of defense what so ever. Not just because we haven’t seen any, but because it is a tree. A tree!.

A magic tree. One of the most powerful magic items we see was created by the Pale Tree from one of her thorns. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Pale Tree is an incredibly powerful magic-user, possibly the most powerful short of gods and dragons.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

There’s a marked difference between the Aborigines and Grawl >.>

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Are you implying that my sarcastic remark may actually be possible?

Not directly, but yes.

However, the Empire of the Dragon, if memory serves me right, was named such because of the Celestial Dragon – take this with a grain of salt, mind you. The Celestial Dragon was once a human empress by the name of Tahmu, whom died during an assault by naga in a time unknown. Celestials are attributed to the Six Gods but…

Kuunavang, however, is somehow tied to celestial powers as well, given that she grants celestial skills in Raisu Palace and Imperial Sanctum. How she ties in, is unknown. And the Celestial Dragon takes on the personage of Saltspray Dragons – which is what Kuunavang is (now, it is possible that they are dragon minions, but we hold no evidence of such and if so they’d all be freed like Glint somehow – or their ED is benevolent).

It’s a tree! What is it going to do? Grow cannons? If a bunch of airships show up to set fire to it, it is utterly helpless. We have no reason to assume the Pale Tree has any sort of defense what so ever. Not just because we haven’t seen any, but because it is a tree. A tree!.

A magic tree. One of the most powerful magic items we see was created by the Pale Tree from one of her thorns. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Pale Tree is an incredibly powerful magic-user, possibly the most powerful short of gods and dragons.

Bark* Calabolg was made from the Pale Tree’s bark.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Assuming that Kuunavang is an elder dragon luitenant and there also is an elder dragon in Cantha, I would have the following theory bout that dragon.

In western (european/northern american) cultures, dragons are evil. We are used to see them as evil and creatures you have to fight. This is what is happening in the continent of Tyria, and also happened the last time the dragon’s where here.

In Asian cultures, they are seen as holy/celestial beings. So it is more likely that an elder dragon is there seen as a God. A bit simular how the sons of Svanir worship Jormag and are also promoting other species like Grawl to do so.

I could imagine that the Canthan Celestial dragon or the Dragon God is actually an elder dragon.

Keep in mind that many off the motivations off the leder dragon is unknown. We know they consume magic, but we don’t know why or what their purpose is. It can very well be (and something I find likely) that they need magic to live like we need food to live.

So from the perspective of an elder dragon, the world looks as follows.
They where ‘born’ or ‘created’ when the world was full off magic. They used that magic to eat and sustain themself (and maybe even mate) and after an episode off time the amount of magic wears off. So like a polarbear in the winter, when his food supply is short, he goes into hibernation, to wake up again when the food has returned.

From an Asian culture I could see that they would worship this dragon as a God and even help him getting his food (offerings). Cause the humans are actually helping him reach his goal, he will actually be a ‘good’ god (in a sense that he doesn’t turn Canthans into minions, just as Jormag doesn’t convert the sons of svanir into minions (a lot).

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

Not directly, but yes.

I need to be sarcastic more often. But that fit the serpentine appearance of the concept art for the Deep Sea Dragon.

However, the Empire of the Dragon, if memory serves me right, was named such because of the Celestial Dragon – take this with a grain of salt, mind you. The Celestial Dragon was once a human empress by the name of Tahmu, whom died during an assault by naga in a time unknown. Celestials are attributed to the Six Gods but…

Kuunavang, however, is somehow tied to celestial powers as well, given that she grants celestial skills in Raisu Palace and Imperial Sanctum. How she ties in, is unknown. And the Celestial Dragon takes on the personage of Saltspray Dragons – which is what Kuunavang is (now, it is possible that they are dragon minions, but we hold no evidence of such and if so they’d all be freed like Glint somehow – or their ED is benevolent).

There also is that quest in the original Guild Wars where the gods’ avatars took the form of Dragons to consider. Perhaps the Elder Dragons aren’t true dragons but entities basing their appearance on dragons, as I think you suggested in a previous thread. Or they could be dragons that dabbled in magic forbidden by the other Dragons, and Kuunavang was part of a group that researched into celestial type magic. Another possibility is the Celestial Dragons were previous humans that took the appearance of Saltspray Dragons.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Facet’s are tied to the forgotten though, it’s possible that they simply take that form because in the Tyria that we knew Glint was the only (not undead) dragon and the form of the dragon seemed powerful and unequalled within Tyria.

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

The Facet’s are tied to the forgotten though, it’s possible that they simply take that form because in the Tyria that we knew Glint was the only (not undead) dragon and the form of the dragon seemed powerful and unequalled within Tyria.

I wasn’t suggesting the Human Gods are the Elder Dragons or even related, I was suggesting that perhaps them assuming Dragon forms might be suggestive that the Elder Dragons aren’t actual dragons but just assuming the form of Dragons, as I believed Konig suggested in an earlier thread or post (my memory doesn’t serve me very well since an incident involving something heavy striking me on the top of the head)

(edited by Darkbattlemage.9612)

in Lore

Posted by: Ian Kennedy.4563

Ian Kennedy.4563

Everyone has been firing off left and right theories, and from what little I’ve read several seem quite plausible. But, I have another one, and this may have already been mentioned. What about the Mursaat? Anet said that they would do something cool with them and this would be pretty cool. Think about it, we know that Scarlet has voices in her head, but for those of you who played gw1 and remember the Lazarus quest, this is possible and within their power. Also at the end of GW1 the Mursaat withdrew from the world into their own dimension. What better way to access a portal to their dimension but on an intersection of leylines in Lion’s Arch? As for the toxin and the poison, if Scarlet is fighting the influence of the Mursaat then she’s gonna want as many assets as possible. A powerful poison could well kill a Mursaat and you can’t fight an army without your own. How she got possessed, that’s easy, in the voodoo crazy-man machine she soared past the vision of the Pale Tree and onward. What if she went far enough out that a Mursaat found her and pushed its way in? I realize its not a perfect theory and there are loopholes but there are loopholes in every story. One of the arguements you guys will probably use is: What about Caithe’s secret? There are a few possibilities, one: that Anet is distracting us from Scarlet’s goal. Two: Caithe could be working for either Seer or Mursaat (or Forgotten?). I just thought that the theory fit the facts a little too well for coincidence, but its entirely possible that I am completely mistaken.

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Thought I’d throw this here: https://vine.co/v/MZZ1b1mgw0F

That link was posted on the GW2 Facebook page with the quote “The ground will open. The sky will fall.”

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There also is that quest in the original Guild Wars where the gods’ avatars took the form of Dragons to consider. Perhaps the Elder Dragons aren’t true dragons but entities basing their appearance on dragons, as I think you suggested in a previous thread. Or they could be dragons that dabbled in magic forbidden by the other Dragons, and Kuunavang was part of a group that researched into celestial type magic. Another possibility is the Celestial Dragons were previous humans that took the appearance of Saltspray Dragons.

The Facets were not the avatars taking a new form… if that’s what you meant.

The Facets’ appearance are a reflection of the power the Six Gods harnessed – specifically, Zhaitan when empowering the Bloodstone – and are also tied to the Forgotten (in unknown ways).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Timebandit.3570

Timebandit.3570

Everyone has been firing off left and right theories, and from what little I’ve read several seem quite plausible. But, I have another one, and this may have already been mentioned. What about the Mursaat? Anet said that they would do something cool with them and this would be pretty cool. Think about it, we know that Scarlet has voices in her head, but for those of you who played gw1 and remember the Lazarus quest, this is possible and within their power. Also at the end of GW1 the Mursaat withdrew from the world into their own dimension. What better way to access a portal to their dimension but on an intersection of leylines in Lion’s Arch? As for the toxin and the poison, if Scarlet is fighting the influence of the Mursaat then she’s gonna want as many assets as possible. A powerful poison could well kill a Mursaat and you can’t fight an army without your own. How she got possessed, that’s easy, in the voodoo crazy-man machine she soared past the vision of the Pale Tree and onward. What if she went far enough out that a Mursaat found her and pushed its way in? I realize its not a perfect theory and there are loopholes but there are loopholes in every story. One of the arguements you guys will probably use is: What about Caithe’s secret? There are a few possibilities, one: that Anet is distracting us from Scarlet’s goal. Two: Caithe could be working for either Seer or Mursaat (or Forgotten?). I just thought that the theory fit the facts a little too well for coincidence, but its entirely possible that I am completely mistaken.

the mursaat were working with abbadon too could their resurgence indicate that abbadon and his nighfall plan didn’t completely end. maybe shes saw abbadon and the voice she hear is him, abbadon having been banished from the world upon his defeat would need a way back.Wy not use scarlette to open a portal to allow him and his minins back into the world.

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

The Mursaat were not working with Abaddon – they were working against him.
They were trying to STOP the Titans leaking through from the Foundry of Failed Creations.

Abaddon was not banished from the world – he was completely destroyed. He does not exist anymore.

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

the mursaat were working with abbadon too could their resurgence indicate that abbadon and his nighfall plan didn’t completely end. maybe shes saw abbadon and the voice she hear is him, abbadon having been banished from the world upon his defeat would need a way back.Wy not use scarlette to open a portal to allow him and his minins back into the world.

I think the Mursaat were actually working against him, since they were trying to prevent the Lich from unleashing the Titans who was Abaddon’s servant.

Edit: FlamingFoxx beat me to it. Although I doubt Abaddon was completely destroyed.

On a side note can someone refresh my memory on what happened to the Fondry of Failed Creations, was it destroyed with Abaddon’s defeat or does it still exist.

in Lore

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

I am bitterly disappointed with the idea that Mordremoth is behind this but have to concede that it he is the most likely candidate for the antagonist overarching Scarlet.

Still, having said that, in response to your own query Aaron – I agree, there is a rather obvious logical loophole in the idea that the leylines are pivotal to any attack on LA. You no doubt recall Konig’s suggestion that Scarlet wishes to recreate Thaumanova 2.0. Essentially, utilizing her Aethercannon, she will blast the leyline intersection, possibly destroying not only LA but also greater Tyria. This is the only real explanation that makes any sense to me. (In conclusion, it is a really weak plot-point in the finale. The significance of the copious thumpers placed across the continent is marginalized when we learn that the probe at LA is the only one that makes any strategic sense.)

However, there is the possibility that Scarlet has been searching for leyline intersections across Tyria that are indications of “weak points” in the continent’s come planet’s crust. She intends to blast each point with her Aethercannon, thereby destroying Tyria and using the various raw elements of the EA (fire, earth, air, water, aether) to recreate it. Understandably, any such effort must start somewhere and LA is a strategic bastion that is best eliminated sooner rather than later. Whatever, I really don’t have a clue…

in Lore

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Taimi stated that the thumpers may have another purpose than just mapping the leylines, but she added that she has no idea what that could be.

in Lore

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Well tomorrow is likely the day we get answers. It’s been real, all.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well tomorrow is likely the day we get answers. It’s been real, all.

That depends.
It is not the last release after all.
It is fully possible that we will not see the “man” behind Scarlet until the very end of the Season.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Edit: FlamingFoxx beat me to it. Although I doubt Abaddon was completely destroyed.

On a side note can someone refresh my memory on what happened to the Fondry of Failed Creations, was it destroyed with Abaddon’s defeat or does it still exist.

Abaddon is dead. Gone. Forever. This has been stated – multiple times – by ArenaNet.

The only way he’ll return is via means like the Fall of Abaddon fractal. A mere echo of the past, unable to leave its little bubble of existence.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The foundry is part of the domain of anguish. To get to the gate of anguish (the first time) you need to kneel before the statue of Kormir, the godess of knowledge etc.

So when the door of Komalie opened, Abaddon was still alive, but when we actually visted the place and killed the fury, abadon was allready defeated.

So you can asume that it was not destroyed

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Lore

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

The only way he’ll return is via means like the Fall of Abaddon fractal. A mere echo of the past, unable to leave its little bubble of existence.

Thanks casuals

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

in Lore

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I feel like the last release will be a kind of reconciliation/ where do we go from here scenario, with this release being the big colorful final act. I could be wrong. I just think it would be a point where there’s too much information if the big reveal and the “closing ceremony” was all wrapped in one. We will see!

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

Abaddon is dead. Gone. Forever. This has been stated – multiple times – by ArenaNet.

They also stated they wanted to avoid linking everything to one single point but according to people Scarlet pointing to Modremoth, who certain forum users claim is the Jungle Dragon, which can be summed up as “The Elder Dragons did it” Also he may be destroyed but his power could still exist. Kormir only absorbed the power he possessed, but what if he was like Grenth and unable to fully destroy the deity whose power he absorbed? Perhaps that’s the secret of the human gods?

Also as I said developers say a lot of things, until that particularly franchise or project is officially concluded whatever they say is subject to change. We can argue and debate about if there is or isn’t reason to change the verdict until we bored of the topic, so long as the Guild Wars franchise continues there will always be that possibility.

Actually he could return in the present day, just not in the way some are hoping. While he may be truly gone, his legacy lives on. Artifacts, Demonic Servants,. and Forbidden Knowledge may be hidden across the Mists and Tyria that could be mre dangerous than Abaddon in his disembodied state ever could. There also the possibility that his original body may actually still pose a threat, perhaps a certain Sylvari utilizing Snaff’s devices to control the body through her mind?

Since Scarlet seems interested in the way the world works, seeking out lore of Abaddon will be more in line with her character than following the directives of some Elder Dragon. Perhaps she was arguing with one of Abaddon’s old servants, who believes he could be resurrected, or perhaps she did find some dark artifact of the destroyed god that is sapient? Another thing to consider is that since this is Season 1 of the Living Story they probably won’t introduce a new Elder Dragon so soon, especially considering the disappointment in the Zhaitan boss fight. It would make more sense to introduce a smaller more manageable villain behind Scarlet in order to work out the bugs and kinks of the formula.

@mercury ranique: Thanks

in Lore

Posted by: Jealle.1926

Jealle.1926

i think it has something to do with the bloodstones, and the mursaat, as a side effect it may well cause a new elder dragon to appear.

What i meen is that we know of 4 bloodstones, 1 in Ring of Fire Island, 1 in Maguuma Jungle, 1 in Shiverpeak bloodstone, 1 in arah what if the big arrows on scarlets map show where the 4 bloodstones could still be linked btw with the magic we are talking about here, show that the last 1 is under old lions arch.

As it would of been a long time since humans settled there and the bloodstones being chucked out of the volcano Abaddon’s Mouth. So plenty of time for the land to change and humans to settle near a high source of magic.

Now fast forward 1000’s years and proberly 2 of the only races that know of them are the tengu lost knowledge i.e where the bloodstones landed maybe that caused them to flee the kryta area in the past.

And the Mursaat who we know theres at least 1 survivor, so what if it is a mursaat who is behind scarlet and Mr E is infact saul d’lessio having been imbued with their most powerful magic, as didnt marjory say something that she hadnt felt that kind of power before.

Now finally we get to what the Pale tree said about In seeking to comprehend the forces that shape us, you will unleash them. Society cannot withstand that. Now what if she was on about magic, and the bloodstones as they are high concentrated bits of magic, hence why after breaking the bloodstones to lessen magic they chucked em in the volcano. If we had the abadon fractal i think we would of learnt about the bloodstones and about his fall. So what would happen if scarlet has the rest and the last is under old lions arch and she gains the last one, now i have heard people talk about queen jenna not being jenna so ok what if the real one had been kidnapped by scarlet and was gonna be the sacrifice seing as shes a descendent of Kind Doric, whoose blood was used to seal the magic, now if she sacrificed jenna to the stones and unleashed that magic wouldnt that been unleashing the forces that create us i.e magic. Which could tie into the horizontal progression with new traits/utilities/elietes etc as a side effect it could cause the awaking of an elder dragon or more then 1 due to the high concentration of magic.

Now the mursaat if he is the last 1 could just as easily phase out of this reality like they had done in the past completing his revenge that he said he would do, so what if saul is someone that doesnt want that and is providing help as the mysterious Mr E.

So what do you guys think.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

I’m just gonna throw in that my friend has converted me to “It’s an Elder Dragon”

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Scarlet only started having the mysterious corrupter whisper into her mind when she came out of Omadd’s machine not while inside it.

What ever the machine did to turn her into Scarlet it also weakened the defenses in her mind to something outside it.

Whatever it is it’s under Lion’s Arch….

in Lore

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Kind of interesting hint that maybe Scarlet and Caithe have had more previous interaction than we know about:

Attachments:

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Why couldn’t that be referencing their interactions in the Aetherpath of Twilight Arbor?

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So the drill is digging precisely on top of the location of the probe (I believe) and no other probe, indicating that that probe is on top of whatever Scarlet was looking for. Do the other probes serve a purpose still? There are still some in EotM and the regular WvW maps.

It seems since Taimi’s first appearance, the writers are giving her the answers to what Scarlet is up to. Everyone else doesn’t get it, but Taimi seems to be written with the correct answer. This time she is saying Scarlet isn’t in Lion’s Arch she’s somewhere else (maybe it was just promotional images but I could have sworn I saw Scarlet on an one of the air ships). If Taimi turns out to be right, Lion’s Arch is either a decoy or not her only target (or she’s watching reruns of Blossom until the drill is finished doing it’s work). The map in her lair has arrows pointing to all the Order HQs so that hasn’t come true yet (unless the arrows represent refugees).

What else could Scarlet be looking for? Where else in Tyria would Scarlet be interested in? Thaumanova? The Grove? The Mists?

I’d speculate on the Caithe point but I don’t think we’ve been given enough to do more than blindly guess.

I would like to revive one point. Each of Scarlet’s steps is foreshadowed in her short story. The Molten Alliance is foreshadowed by her studies with a blacksmith and weaponsmith, the toxic alliance is foreshadowed by her study with hylek (she herself is a sylvari with knowledge of plant magic presumably). Each of her studies have been intentionally used in the story somehow, are we to assume her studies with the three colleges are limited to her work with Omadd or is the next part of the story specifically relevant to areas of study of each of the colleges (the naming of the backpack items refers to the three colleges)?

in Lore

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

Why couldn’t that be referencing their interactions in the Aetherpath of Twilight Arbor?

From what I understood (I’ve only cleared the path a few times), Scarlet wasn’t actually there when we went in. All that was left were her holo recordings.

From the first boss:
“Let the boss talk, Spark. She spent a lot of time setting up these messages.”

Also in the very beginning of the Aetherpath Caithe says:
“I met Scarlet in the Grove, before she went on her academic pilgrimage. I was not overly impressed. Now she’s sent me a direct challenge. She claims to know things…things I wouldn’t want the world to know.”

This sounds to me like Caithe is leaving something out about when they met.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

i think it has something to do with the bloodstones, and the mursaat, as a side effect it may well cause a new elder dragon to appear.

So basically it has to do with everything. Well I’m glad you narrowed it down for us. :P

What i meen is that we know of 4 bloodstones, 1 in Ring of Fire Island, 1 in Maguuma Jungle, 1 in Shiverpeak bloodstone, 1 in arah

1 in Arah? Really? That’s news to me.

what if the big arrows on scarlets map show where the 4 bloodstones could still be linked btw with the magic we are talking about here, show that the last 1 is under old lions arch.

So all the Bloodstones are conveniently underneath all the orders and Lion’s Arch? I think we can safely say that there are no Bloodstones underneath the orders.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It seems since Taimi’s first appearance, the writers are giving her the answers to what Scarlet is up to. Everyone else doesn’t get it, but Taimi seems to be written with the correct answer. This time she is saying Scarlet isn’t in Lion’s Arch she’s somewhere else (maybe it was just promotional images but I could have sworn I saw Scarlet on an one of the air ships). If Taimi turns out to be right, Lion’s Arch is either a decoy or not her only target (or she’s watching reruns of Blossom until the drill is finished doing it’s work). The map in her lair has arrows pointing to all the Order HQs so that hasn’t come true yet (unless the arrows represent refugees).

Taimi is saying that because none of the refugees she’s questioning saw Scarlet. In the cutscene we see that she’s just hanging out at the top of the drill, but none of the NPCs would be able to spot her up there.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I don`t know… from the last release i got the feeling that Scarlet is out for a hunt.
Seeing her at the end of that cinematic, her rifle ready…

With the last patches she has narrowed it down and is now ready to flush it out…

The reason why has been discussed a lot. However that is just how i fel after that trailer.
She ahs her goal in reach and is ready to snipe it… (charr training reference)

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

She ahs her goal in reach and is ready to snipe it… (charr training reference)

So she on a safari?
The question is what is she hunting that she believes a mere rifle can harm?

I think I might of unintentionally led to a pun.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Btw, if you are a priory member and talk to the scholar in the camp IMMEDIATELY NORTH of LA (where Roc and bro-ham are) you actually are informed that the probe detected not just one leyline, or an intersection of two leylines but a multitude of leylines crossing in that location.

I really wanna know what happens when dragon energy hits that mass…. BOOM BABY!!

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

Taimi is saying that because none of the refugees she’s questioning saw Scarlet. In the cutscene we see that she’s just hanging out at the top of the drill, but none of the NPCs would be able to spot her up there.

She’s also saying that scarlet MIGHT not be in LA, not that she isn’t. But as Aaron said, it’s because she’s not getting any info from the Refugees on whether she’s there or not.

in Lore

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I just went to speak to the Pale Tree she doesn’t have any new info as such but there is one thing struck me- The Pale Tree mentions that the Sylvari needed Ceara and that she didn’t care.
She also mentions that Ceara turned away form this destiny.

now I am very curious to know what that might have been, and what actually happened to Ceara.

Scarlet is bent on her own way but how much of that is her own or just a kicking against the pricks of whatever it was she was supposed to accomplish?

Anyway it just made me wonder if we will ever find out

Some pics of the conversation

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

in Lore

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So I have a theory on Scarlet that I’m not sure if anyone else has thought this. I havent gone though all 15 pages of this thread and though i’ve seen it, i’ve never really followed it, but here I go. Scarlet isnt a bad guy.

After gathering a large army, including a disposable force she can easily replace (Twisted minions), Scarlet starts drilling in LA for a dragon resting below the city possibly Primordus, in a fight against Primordus not only would a army made up of 5 different races and a force of disposable minions be useful, but the flame legion who are a mastery of controlling fire and the dredge with a knowledge of the underground. As well as Scarlet having her own personal brigade of airships to fight a dragon.

The same could be said about the krait with a knowledge of the sea if Scarlet wanted to also take on the deep sea dragon. The sylvari with the immunity to a dragons corruption would be useful for most dragons except Primordious who isn’t known for corrupting living beings anyway.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s also possible that Scarlet is curious what effect Dragon Corruption will have on all these different races. They make for excellent disposable test subjects.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Random thoughts that come to mind that I just need to blurt out:

‘What does God need with a starship?’

‘What does an elder dragon need with a giant drill?’

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

‘’What does an elder dragon need with a giant drill?’

Maybe they got a tooth act and need dental work?

in Lore

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

So I have a theory on Scarlet that I’m not sure if anyone else has thought this. I havent gone though all 15 pages of this thread and though i’ve seen it, i’ve never really followed it, but here I go. Scarlet isnt a bad guy.

After gathering a large army, including a disposable force she can easily replace (Twisted minions), Scarlet starts drilling in LA for a dragon resting below the city possibly Primordus, in a fight against Primordus not only would a army made up of 5 different races and a force of disposable minions be useful, but the flame legion who are a mastery of controlling fire and the dredge with a knowledge of the underground. As well as Scarlet having her own personal brigade of airships to fight a dragon.

The same could be said about the krait with a knowledge of the sea if Scarlet wanted to also take on the deep sea dragon. The sylvari with the immunity to a dragons corruption would be useful for most dragons except Primordious who isn’t known for corrupting living beings anyway.

This theory has been stated before, both with Primordus and Mordremoth, but there are a few problems. We KNOW for a fact from this current patch that she is drilling under LA for an intersection of leylines, not a dragon. The other problem with this is why does she need to go murdering everything? Why not just collaborate with the other races to fight the dragons? There’s no point in killing everyone if your goal is to save them. There’s just a lot of weak points on that theory. If she is doing it because “no one will believe her” or something along those lines then it is a weak argument.

As patches keep coming it just seems less and less likely its a dragon. In all honesty, I’m starting to think she’s going for a Thaumanova Reactor incident version 2. Just like at Thaumanova, there is an intersection of leylines. She might try to use chaos/dragon magic right this time and…do something? Scarlet said that the Inquest mixed the magics wrongly at Thaumanova, not that they couldn’t be mixed. Perhaps she is going to create a stronger magical being that was the final boss of Thaumanova?

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

This theory has been stated before, both with Primordus and Mordremoth, but there are a few problems. We KNOW for a fact from this current patch that she is drilling under LA for an intersection of leylines, not a dragon. The other problem with this is why does she need to go murdering everything? Why not just collaborate with the other races to fight the dragons? There’s no point in killing everyone if your goal is to save them. There’s just a lot of weak points on that theory. If she is doing it because “no one will believe her” or something along those lines then it is a weak argument.

As patches keep coming it just seems less and less likely its a dragon. In all honesty, I’m starting to think she’s going for a Thaumanova Reactor incident version 2. Just like at Thaumanova, there is an intersection of leylines. She might try to use chaos/dragon magic right this time and…do something? Scarlet said that the Inquest mixed the magics wrongly at Thaumanova, not that they couldn’t be mixed. Perhaps she is going to create a stronger magical being that was the final boss of Thaumanova?

Prepare for the worst argument fans of this theory have been putting out:

- She is against the system of controll, she wants to be her only boss. She aint gonna get commanded by Trahearne to kill a dragon, she just murders everyone and then also kills a dragon so she is the only one left to celebrate.

I might be a bit exaggerating here but I hope you get my point.

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

If the datamined ending is correct… i can only say that we’re not gonna be surprised, it has been an accurate theory for months. Just wait for a week and we’ll see what happens. Nevertheless, i bet we’re gonna have more questions than answers.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

If the datamined ending is correct… i can only say that we’re not gonna be surprised, it has been an accurate theory for months. Just wait for a week and we’ll see what happens. Nevertheless, i bet we’re gonna have more questions than answers.

In your opinion, since you appear to have seen the datamine, what would be the largest reaction from the community? I am actually curious what to expect when I get off work, since I’ll be starting work again next month.

in Lore

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

In your opinion, since you appear to have seen the datamine, what would be the largest reaction from the community? I am actually curious what to expect when I get off work, since I’ll be starting work again next month.

If you actually did read this entire 15 pages thread… i’m sorry to say that you’ll get no surprise. I know i didn’t get a reaction at all, i expected something like that. However if you are really into gw2 lore and how the world changes, you might have hype for a few minutes after discovering what’s happening.

That’s i guess the problem about the theorycrafting theories. If someone actually finds the right guessing and you read it (and you believe it makes sense and will happen), the surprise feelings are gone when it actually happens and your reaction lacks of emotion.

Edit: What i can say for sure is that it’s all up about Anet. Knowing what is coming is interesting, however i’m honestly curious as how it’s delivered to us. If they give us a lot of information and details, animations, events, etc and it feels like really awesome… the ending of the LS might be incredible. However if the update will lack of answers, give us just the minimum information and the events doesn’t feel enough good… it’s gonna be a dissapointing ending.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)