Aetherblade Armors

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: curlydim.8461

curlydim.8461

Hello dudes and dudettes,

I was just wandering what your thoughts were on the Steampunk-ish new armors.

How do you think they will be made accessible for the players?
Do you think they might be a gem store purchase or another type of RNG acquisition?
Maybe you think that they will be rewarded after completing a one of the things you need to do for the achievements?

I am interested to see what you think about them as well … I am leaning towards the medium set atm, as I would very much like it on my engi.

Long story short:
How would one get such an armor in your opinion?
What do you think about each set, according to your race and sex?
(My opinion = HEAVY/terrible, MEDIUM/I like it, LIGHT/decent, but meh)

You can find the armors on youtube and the official ANet post.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Don’t really care about how u get them as much as i do about how they look…..and they really are …..how to put it in nice words… “less then compelling” multiplied by about “over 9000”

There are tons of better looking sets in the game. Sry but the design is just ugly and not worth to stress yourself over how u get them. It’s just a stretch-suit with cogs duck-taped to it. Just my opinion.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

Don’t really care about how u get them as much as i do about how they look…..and they really are …..how to put it in nice words… “less then compelling” multiplied by about “over 9000”

There are tons of better looking sets in the game. Sry but the design is just ugly and not worth to stress yourself over how u get them. It’s just a stretch-suit with cogs duck-taped to it. Just my opinion.

Your opinion on the sets was really constructive and I’m sure a lot of people have taken something away from reading it, thank you!

To the OP, I believe they are going to come out as Gemstore sets (that’s something I heard) and will cost gems similar to how the Primeval/Krytan, etc. armor sets cost now. Either that or it will be something tied to the new temporary dungeon that’s coming out though that seems less likely to me (especially since we get a set of shoulderpads for the jumping puzzle).
That being said, the update notes said something about rewards being added with the event that we can obtain (i forget the exact wording but it sounded like it was a reward that everyone got.) maybe that’s the armor sets? We’ll have to wait and see

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Some of the individual items look pretty sweet. It’s not a style that any of my current characters would pursue, but there is some stuff in there that I wouldn’t mind to pick up. I think I like the light pants, some of the helmets and shoulders, and the medium chest (male only) the best.

But I always mix’n’match, I wouldn’t want to go “full clockwork”.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Naginto.4597

Naginto.4597

The look is horrible. I imagine it was someone coming up with a concept (steampunk since it was popular a decade ago) and having the artists try to create something under that guideline.

What they should do instead is give the artists free reign to create good skins without some kind of parameter – steam punk- so they can just make good looking weapons and armor.

80 Ranger / 80 Mesmer
80 Engineer / 80 Guardian
80 Necro / 80 Thief

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

To the OP, I believe they are going to come out as Gemstore sets (that’s something I heard) and will cost gems similar to how the Primeval/Krytan, etc. armor sets cost now.

That’s what I was about to say myself. I recall reading something somewhere that indicated that somewhere during the Dragon Bash festival there would be new armour skins released that would be available on the gem store, and I’m guessing these are it.

IIRC, the spot where I read it indicated that they would be permanent additions, so that’s a plus.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: curlydim.8461

curlydim.8461

I think that if they add them as a gem store skin (such as the existing 3) they would be doing themselves a favor.

As for the looks, people have different opinions. I think that this is based on wether your character is male or female and what race and profession they are. Also the player’s taste.

I personally create armor combos too, but for my engi, I would like the full medium set. Again of course some people might not like them, but a lot will, so adding them to the gem store is the best imo, since people will buy gems to support the game (hopefully Anet and not NCsoft, as they will put the money towards a deferent game which would suck imo).

Bottom line is I hope it’s a gem store skin

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I’m all for it to be a gem store skin. No RNGs please, i’d do almost anything….anything to go around RNGs.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I’m all for it to be a gem store skin. No RNGs please, i’d do almost anything….anything to go around RNGs.

they’ll be probably obtained by a dungeon merchant using tokens from the new upcoming dungeon.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

they’ll be probably obtained by a dungeon merchant using tokens from the new upcoming dungeon.

Except the dungeon isn’t going to be permanent (lack of permanent keyword, which they used for scavenger hunt and JP). Which is gonna suck.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m completely fine with the skins. I kinda wish the medium chestpiece wasn’t another trenchcoat, or that it was at least more “tight”. But besides that, I’m one of the few people who absolutely LOVE the skins!

Try using individual pieces rather than the whole set. Namely, the medium headpiece and shoulders look lovely! And I will be doing something for sure with the light armor!

Really great job, whoever designed the skins. Kudos, ANET!

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am thinking for the dungeon. I hope that they are just on the gem shop as straight purchases though. It’s odd to me that in GW1 the costumes sold really well and that philosophy hasn’t carried over to this game. Sure, there are 3 full sets we can buy right now, but I would have thought they would have rolled out sets every other month or so. If we can earn full sets in the dungeon that is coming up that would be AMAZING. If they are just a straight purchase in the gem shop that is fine by me as well. If they end up being RNG in the shop, I will be ticked. Sure, I just won’t end up spending any money on the shop because I refuse to gamble for fake items in a game, but I like the sets and would like to have them. I just refuse to gamble REAL money for FAKE items.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I HIGHLY doubt it’ll be a dungeon token system.
But seeing as how they look silly, I’m guessing this would be the first time they’d release an item in a normal fashion, rather than gamble box.
ugh what a ball drop with the steampunk look. coulda been awesome. Heck, the medium male isn’t even steampunk, it’s just leather draped ranger coat. Then, for some reason, made the female one a proper steampunk coat & just said… meh with the male.

Then the Heavy Male? OMG.. don’t get me started on the gigantic cog… looks SOOOO stupid. especially for the MMO with some of the worst clipping & inflated skins. They still haven’t fixed most of the problems but they added this MASSIVE cog that will blatantly clip though your head when you have a greatsword. At least Male Norn.
I’m surprised they listed clipping as the reason for no capes..

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: LamanKnight.3650

LamanKnight.3650

So you wanted my thought, personally I only want the full light armor for my male Asura, I think it will really look good on him. Besides that I really only want the weps.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

generalraccoon.3857

You know, i really dont mind that at all. run dungeon a few times, enough tokens, get skin,,, thats infinitely better than opening a BAZILLION boxes, which u get either by mindles grind upon grind or pay an obscene amount of money for, or BOTH… all to be foiled because ur just…unlucky?

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: wezeal.3756

wezeal.3756

these might b a good idea but is it just going to b another major grind for chest that have a retarted drop rate . like ive never gotten a ticket from any event and I have bought them from the store. I leveled I toon 1 to 80 on southsun for nothing and have opened over 3k dragon chest to get nothing. I would only think buying gems again were good if anet got the money instead of ncsoft. u really need to work on these events most r pointless while being nothing more than a major 2 or 3 day gringd fest kill 300 of this find 200 of these make the dungen fun but not overpowered . but I guess well c if this come out like dragon suck fest as its being called.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I hope you’re right. Also hope the new dungeon is not another of these temporary kittens.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

I think they are going to be gem store because the first item codes that were found for the item sets were like a full set in one. Just like how the current armors are, purchase a box set and open it to receive the gloves, pants, chest, etc.

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Long story short:

About how to obtain them, this image matches the art used in Gem Store:

http://i.imgur.com/24SD0QX.png

My opinion is that there are pieces of them that in a mix and match set could look really sweet. The whole sets don’t attract me too much (they look much better on female characters than on my male characters btw, and dyes help a lot too) but there are intriguing pieces.

To be honest I’m more interested in knowing how to obtain the weapons and I hope it isn’t through RNG chests. I REALLY WANT that Revolver!! And if the set’s shortbow is a compound bow and looks as good as that one I will finally drop my Steam Shortbow (I like my bows to be compound bows and I love steampunk!)… So if I’m going for multiple skins in the set I would like them to be available for something reasonable and not random U.U (oh, and the sword looks good too!)

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

it seems like they would be a gem store set though i’m hopeful the dungeon will be permanent and the rewards would be like other dungeons.

not likely but i can hope

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Lokheit.7943

it seems like they would be a gem store set though i’m hopeful the dungeon will be permanent and the rewards would be like other dungeons.

not likely but i can hope

This is what I’m hoping too, but the fact they call it multiple times “story dungeon” makes me think it will be like the Facility, with a chance of the Mini First Mate (the guy with the bazooka cannon) and the monocle instead of jetpack as random drop.

At least I think we will get a steam pun loggin axe which may be my first permanent tool :P

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

Long story short:

My opinion is that there are pieces of them that in a mix and match set could look really sweet. The whole sets don’t attract me too much (they look much better on female characters than on my male characters btw, and dyes help a lot too) but there are intriguing pieces.

To be honest I’m more interested in knowing how to obtain the weapons and I hope it isn’t through RNG chests. I REALLY WANT that Revolver!! And if the set’s shortbow is a compound bow and looks as good as that one I will finally drop my Steam Shortbow (I like my bows to be compound bows and I love steampunk!)… So if I’m going for multiple skins in the set I would like them to be available for something reasonable and not random U.U (oh, and the sword looks good too!)

It may not be a full set. The impression I get is that the weapons are the weapons used by the Aetherblades, which will be made available to players through some currently unknown means because, hey, they’ve gone to the effort of making the art assets anyway. I don’t think any of the Aetherblades use bows, so there are probably no bows in the set.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

My issue is all you really need to do is slap cogs and goggles on items and call it steam punk with no other regard to the style type itself. It isn’t just that. It’s more or less victorian style clothes itself with slight modifications which DON’T have to be just cogs slapped everywhere. Don’t get me wrong I like the style when it works and this stuff is so eh to me.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Drayven.6408

Drayven.6408

Honestly if they add them in via the Gem Store similar to the way they added in the Krytan Ranger/Primeval Warrior/Profane Necromancer armors that would be a fantastic step…

I refuse to spend real money on RNG boxes to get anything, however I will spend money on armors that are directly bought. At least that is… Armors that I like, lol… I definitely would have bought a ticket for the Dragon Staff Skin and the Shield skin, had they been given as a ticket and not a drop out of an RNG Chest, but… Seems ANet didn’t want my money in that one… I will continue to refuse to buy RNG Chests, and will further support actual skins.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

generalraccoon.3857

Honestly if they add them in via the Gem Store similar to the way they added in the Krytan Ranger/Primeval Warrior/Profane Necromancer armors that would be a fantastic step…

I refuse to spend real money on RNG boxes to get anything, however I will spend money on armors that are directly bought. At least that is… Armors that I like, lol… I definitely would have bought a ticket for the Dragon Staff Skin and the Shield skin, had they been given as a ticket and not a drop out of an RNG Chest, but… Seems ANet didn’t want my money in that one… I will continue to refuse to buy RNG Chests, and will further support actual skins.

My thoughts exactly! Really hoping direct gem store purchase! (will be working xtra to get extra cash to buy it! )

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Lokheit.7943

Long story short:

It may not be a full set. The impression I get is that the weapons are the weapons used by the Aetherblades, which will be made available to players through some currently unknown means because, hey, they’ve gone to the effort of making the art assets anyway. I don’t think any of the Aetherblades use bows, so there are probably no bows in the set.

The Molten alliance didn’t use every fused weapon either (they used 8 skins of the 15 total list), yet we got the whole set.

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, the cogs are annoying.

@Lokheit: The Molten Alliance weapons came through an RNG scam, so it was in their interest to have a full set to make them as attractive as possible – wouldn’t want to have a possible mark turn aside because their favoured weapon wasn’t an option now, would we?

The Aetherblade weapons don’t seem to be like that, though – the dragon coffers are supposed to still be around until early July, IIRC. Certainly, at this time before DB started the data miners had found all the jade dragon weapons, but so far they’ve only found aetherblade weapons that are wielded by actual aetherblade members. That could, admittedly, simply being a case of tighter security and only putting the art into the game that they needed to for the events that have currently been released, but it’s definitely looking that, like the SAB items, it’s only a limited set.

If they DO fill out to be a full set, I’d be willing to bet it’s going to turn out to be yet another RNG scam after all.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m guessing that these are all the Aetherblade weapons.
As well as an image of the armors.

Also, for those that have not gotten the chatcodes for the armors, here they are to save you from digging them up.

Light Armor Full Kit: [&AgF2pwAA]
Vest: [&AgGKpwAA]
Pants: [&AgGQpwAA]
Mantle: [&AgGUpwAA]
Goggles: [&AgGOpwAA]
Gloves: [&AgGMpwAA]
Shoes: [&AgGHpwAA]

Medium Armor Full Kit: [&AgF1pwAA]
Coat: [&AgGYpwAA]
Leggings: [&AgGepwAA]
Shoulder Pad: [&AgGgpwAA]
Helmet: [&AgGcpwAA]
Gloves: [&AgGapwAA]
Boots: [&AgGWpwAA]

Heavy Armor Full Kit: [&AgF0pwAA]
Chestplate: [&AgF6pwAA]
Leggings: [&AgGDpwAA]
Pauldron: [&AgGFpwAA]
Helmet: [&AgGBpwAA]
Gauntlet: [&AgF+pwAA]
Boots: [&AgF4pwAA]

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Lokheit.7943

@Drax to be honest the Dragon Weapons set only appeared less than 15 hours before the event started and it wasn’t even with codes.

I know it because I made a thread to ask for them and tried to keep it alive all the time and I was always searching the internet to find them (in fact I was the first one to post them in this forum when I finally foud them I think in guildwars2hub and they weren’t even the codes, just the preview image probably from them having a gameplay preview of the event).

So I think they now have better security with that. Data Miners found many weapons used by the Aetherblades (including the cannon that is very unlikely to be usable as it’s from a special boss, and the holographic weapons from the dragon minions holograms) because that’s what is implemented right now (they had to as those enemies were in the game). But I still think it’s gonna be a whole set.

I really hope they don’t follow the “random ticket” system as I really want at least the revolver, and if they have a cool shortbow, probably that too, but if that system still gives them money…

I hope they listened to the players and put some sort of dungeon token for them (but with the armors being on the gemstore that would break how dungeon equipment and tokens work so we’re probably in for another RNG scam… I’m just trying to keep hope alive).

I’m also betting on a steam punk logging axe to go with the fused pick and sclerite sickle following the way they’ve been adding things.

@StinVec those weapons are the Ascalon Dungeon weapons. Here are the codes for the known weapons:

Shield: [&AgGuqQAA]
Mace: [&AgGtqQAA]
Scepter(?): [&AgGrqQAA]
Pistol: [&AgGvqQAA]
Sword: [&AgGzqQAA]

(edited by Lokheit.7943)

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I’m guessing that these are all the Aetherblade weapons.
As well as an image of the armors.

Also, for those that have not gotten the chatcodes for the armors, here they are to save you from digging them up.

Light Armor Full Kit: [&AgF2pwAA]
Vest: [&AgGKpwAA]
Pants: [&AgGQpwAA]
Mantle: [&AgGUpwAA]
Goggles: [&AgGOpwAA]
Gloves: [&AgGMpwAA]
Shoes: [&AgGHpwAA]

Medium Armor Full Kit: [&AgF1pwAA]
Coat: [&AgGYpwAA]
Leggings: [&AgGepwAA]
Shoulder Pad: [&AgGgpwAA]
Helmet: [&AgGcpwAA]
Gloves: [&AgGapwAA]
Boots: [&AgGWpwAA]

Heavy Armor Full Kit: [&AgF0pwAA]
Chestplate: [&AgF6pwAA]
Leggings: [&AgGDpwAA]
Pauldron: [&AgGFpwAA]
Helmet: [&AgGBpwAA]
Gauntlet: [&AgF+pwAA]
Boots: [&AgF4pwAA]

Ascalonian Catacombs weapon skin.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

@Drax to be honest the Dragon Weapons set only appeared less than 15 hours before the event started and it wasn’t even with codes.

Don’t know about images or codes, but they’d been identified around the end of May.

Either way, we’ll find out in a few days, so no point arguing about it. I would advise not getting your hopes up, though.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

StinVec.3621

@Lokheit
@pownguin

Thanks for the information and chat codes. I didn’t know for sure what the Aetherblade skins looked like that were being discussed so guessed at it in a Google search. Glad to get a peek at the actual ones so far.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

StinVec.3621

Ran across these while digging around the net.

Steam Hammer: [&AgGqqQAA]

And some ghost weapons:
Hammer: [&AgE8qQAA]
Mace: [&AgE7qQAA]
Shield: [&AgE9qQAA]
Sword: [&AgE6qQAA]

Attachments:

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Lokheit.7943

The ghost weapons are basically the models wielded by the holograms in the dragon bash. Probably not usable but you can preview them as they’re equiped weapons on those monsters and had to be included.

The hammer probably belongs to the aetherblades too, it looks like what the anchor on their ship would look like.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Lokheit.7943

Well, it looks like I won my imaginary bet against myself for a steam punk loggin axe…

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2dc0aPermanentLoggingAxe.png

Still no news about the weapons (even the ones that are available for preview). I hope we can get them at least on the July release… please?

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Some of the individual items look pretty sweet. It’s not a style that any of my current characters would pursue, but there is some stuff in there that I wouldn’t mind to pick up. I think I like the light pants, some of the helmets and shoulders, and the medium chest (male only) the best.

But I always mix’n’match, I wouldn’t want to go “full clockwork”.

Never go “full clockwork”.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

I put the Ankh-shoulders you can choose to start with as a Guard with the heavy set and it looks awesome.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I like heavy for Charr.

They look different for each race.

Aetherblade Armors

in Living World

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

I used to like the heavy armor for charr.
Then someone made a field goal with a paper football through my shoulderpiece.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief