in Living World

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

37 runs, still need 2 coats, awsome! =3

Carapace Coat Box: Feedback & Suggestions [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I love how people start to complain 24 hours after the patch.
How about 1 try per day? You’ll most likely have your two missing boxes within a month and it’s not that frustrating if you do other things in between, too.

Are you dumb? Do you realize how fast this map will die once everyone gets their luminescent gear/achievements? If we do it once a month we’ll never get a coat box due to there being not enough people by the time 3 weeks comes around.

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

im pretty sure (Hero of the Wastes) buff does help.

just tried 5 times tonight with no luck, just when i stayed in a map with (Hero of the Wastes) buff i got the Coat box.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ve only done the event twice. First time I got the box. Second time nothing. And I would like to add I had the box as the bonuse for killing it the first time.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

OH yea. I’ve done 70+ vine runes….NO COAT!!!!! GRIND WARS 3. ANYONE????!!!!!!

Then you have the singular worst luck ever. I’ve heard its a 50/50 chance. Do you have bad luck at heads or tails?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I’ve heard its a 50/50 chance.

It’s definitely not. People get that wrong all the times: Just because there are two results (get it or don’t get it) doesn’t mean that it’s 50/50 (because therefore it has to be a laplace experiment: every result has the same chance. that’s not the case here).

I’d guess the chance is between 5 and 15 percent. No chest at 70 tries sounds quite rare, anyways.

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Then you have the singular worst luck ever. I’ve heard its a 50/50 chance. Do you have bad luck at heads or tails?

50% chance and 70 runs with nothing?

punch in calculator the probability is something like 0.00000000000000000000008%.

with 22 zero.

in Living World

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

And gw2 just closed to update before we could reach chest, lovely..

in Living World

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

50% chance and 70 runs with nothing?

punch in calculator the probability is something like 0.00000000000000000000008%.

with 22 zero.

2*(1/2)^70=1.6940659e-21 or 0.0000000000000000000016940659…

Seems likely.

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Did you guys complete the story before you started farming the final event like there is no tomorrow? I completed all achi’s before I did the final event and got 3 boxes out of 3 attempts. Might be RNG, might not be.

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

a friend got 5 boxes in a row. he has a total of 6 boxes now.

I got nothing.

something seriously is not right

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

a friend got 5 coat boxes in a row. He has 6 boxes now.

I got nothing.

something is seriously wrong here

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

1 for 4 here. Love seeing Hector troll every thread.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

15 times and no Coat… this is not High Drop…

Sample size is a bit small to make assumptions of drop rates.

70+ times. ZERO coat

Slightly better sample size, but I still feel that we might need in the hundreds (ideally a thousand or two) samples

Maybe I should just play something without luck as a factor.

Which basically means not playing a single loot based game (which means most of the MMOs on the market would be off of the table).

in Living World

CureForLiving.5360

RNG is RNG.

Or item isn’t even some accounts loot table.

Accounts do not have loot tables.

How can you know?

It would literally means someone at ANet coded unique account loot tables. Programmers are a proudly lazy lot (Keep It Simply Silly and all), so I doubt someone would go through all that effort. Extra effort for no reasonable benefit other than the create a verbose system that can only introduce additional problems.

Look at Hector’s post history.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Carapace-Coat-RNG/4698910
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Game-is-broken/4698913
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Suggestion-Carapace-Coat-Box/4698921
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/carapace-coat-box-1/4698929
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/So-are-the-coat-boxes-my-new-Teq/4698931
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/RNG-as-a-concept-Discuss/4698938
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/So-are-the-coat-boxes-my-new-Teq/4698965
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Carapace-Coat-RNG/4698969

Please note each of these posts essentially the same and riddled with liberal capitalization and exclamation. I don’t think we should be given too much credence to what he says.

I got nothing.

Have I told you about human’s and their monkey brains? No. Well let’s just say that there wasn’t much need for monkey brains to ever objectively track and measure probability. In fact to the contrary, monkey brains tend to err on the side of caution and is more likely to see pattern where there are none.

in Living World

Posted by: IvanGL.4271

IvanGL.4271

i make with diferent mobs and 0 coat boxes…

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Why is it so many people in todays society expect to be GIVEN things.
You paid for the game and the playable content, not all the items under the sun.
Play the game and stop thinking about it and those items will drop.
HAVE FUN!

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Living World

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

3 days straight 70+ runs and NOTHING. QQ

is it possible ? 70+ succesefully completed events in 72 hours ? don’t lie to us

(edited by Exo.2965)

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I got nothing.

All is working as intended, your friend is killing the chances for other people by “setting the average”.

Seems like no one understands how RnG and averages work?
Gezus.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Finally found a box. 21 attemps, 1 fail, 1 box. I am so happy. One more to go.

NNNNN
NNNNN
NNFNN
NNNNN
B

in Living World

Posted by: Dhalis.8297

Dhalis.8297

I do think this system is broken. With RNG you have indeed an average, but you also have people at the high end of the spectrum and people on the low end (also explained by a dev).
The problem is, people at the low end could never get a drop, even if that is a verry low chance. Still if there’s a chance, how slim that may be, it’s not working, since people generally wan’t an achievable goal.

Just my two cents.

If you never heard that silence, it’s a godawfull sound…

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Account based loot tables. Lol. You guys need to replace your tinfoil hats.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

I do think this system is broken. With RNG you have indeed an average, but you also have people at the high end of the spectrum and people on the low end (also explained by a dev).
The problem is, people at the low end could never get a drop, even if that is a verry low chance. Still if there’s a chance, how slim that may be, it’s not working, since people generally wan’t an achievable goal.

Just my two cents.

It wouldn’t be random if some people would not get 10 boxes while others get 0 with the same number of tries.

Anyhow, they might very well add the lootbox to the Camp Resolve vendor after a few weeks. Just wait and see if you don’t want to take your chances with RNG.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

70+ times. ZERO coat

You’re kittenting me, right? You’re saying you’re actually defeated the VineWrath 70+ times already? And are not talking about how many chests you’ve opened there?

One – Piken Square

in Living World

IvanGL.4271

This morning 4 times and 0 boxes…

in Living World

IvanGL.4271

This morning 4 times and 0 boxes… Smell like a bug…

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

ANet.. REALLY? Some of us who actually like the Bioluminescent Armor worked hard farming over 8k bandit crests over Christmas and New Year hoping to get the full set and you unleash the unspeakable thing called RNG on us? This really is the pits.

And you are surprised why? I thought that outcome was entirely predictable specifically because I read repeatedly how people were saving up their crests so they could outright buy all remaining carapace armor pieces as soon as the update went life.

Mind, I’m not at all happy about it, especially when reading about people who’ve done dozens of Vinewrath events without getting even one additional coat box, but I absolutely expected either RNG or a price of at least 10k crests per chest piece.

in Living World

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Mind, I’m not at all happy about it, especially when reading about people who’ve done dozens of Vinewrath events without getting even one additional coat box, but I absolutely expected either RNG or a price of at least 10k crests per chest piece.

I would much prefer a 10k crests cost per chest piece than the RNG. That way, at least :
1. I can plan my gameplay accordingly
2. I can estimate how long more to get it and something to look forward to at the end rather than get disappointed every time opening the chest.

I’m not suggesting that ANet remove RNG from the end chest. It is good that people have something to look forward to from the chest. But an alternative means should be given to players who get disappointed by the RNG – either make it saleable by vendors or make it saleable on TP rather than account bound. I just want the chest pieces.

(edited by Horus Nightlight.1276)

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The problem is that outside the coat box and the few achievements there’s not really much reason to do Vinewrath. AFAIK, there’s no rare, exciting drops in that chest to look out for, or even a mini. This would’ve been the perfect spot to put those Mordrem weapon skins in to keep replayability high, but no, gemstore. Few bandit chests in same spot, but other than that, the same old 2 blues and 1 green from that box.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

10 runs only 1 box so far… I just need 1 more… do I need to start killing kittens or something?

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

~10 kills, maybe a bit more, still no coat. I’ll keep doing it since its rewards are not overly bad and I kinda like how this fight is (I was a big fan of the Marionette fight). I think I’ll get them at some point, they seem to drop at a decent-ish rate – rare but not too rare.

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

The problem is that outside the coat box and the few achievements there’s not really much reason to do Vinewrath. AFAIK, there’s no rare, exciting drops in that chest to look out for, or even a mini. This would’ve been the perfect spot to put those Mordrem weapon skins in to keep replayability high, but no, gemstore. Few bandit chests in same spot, but other than that, the same old 2 blues and 1 green from that box.

I’m not 100% but I’ve seen people link Endless Mordrem Teragriff Tonic after the looting of Vinewrath’s chest. So I’m guessing it drops from there. But the prices on it are dropping fast on the TP it seems so it won’t matter soon.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

3 kills now. And out of the three kills I’ve had 2 boxes.

in Living World

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

RNG is RNG stop seeing conspiracy theory behind it. My friend got 3 coat boxes in 2 runs. My other friend who’s doing silverwaste non stop since path only got 1. Its always like that with RNG. I used to do a lot of fractals and i never got 1 single ascended chest, neither weapons nor armor. I got 5 of them in the last 2 weeks.

RNG is RNG.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Living World

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

RNG is RNG. I’ve had terrible luck with everything else but I’ve gotten 4 Coat boxes in maybe 7 Vinewrath runs. I like to think Hero of the Wastes improves the drop chance since I had the buff for each run but the first, but Magic Find only affects loot drops and PvP loot.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

in Living World

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So rng means that some people have better chance get box? If they would use some mechanical lottery machine i would say rng is rng. Pseudo rng is just big hoax.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So rng means that some people have better chance get box? If they would use some mechanical lottery machine i would say rng is rng. Pseudo rng is just big hoax.

RNG means that all people have the same chance of getting a box. Because it is a chance though, some people will get it more often than others. It isn’t a result of anything other than distribution.

If you drop 100 pins on the floor, are the pins that wind up touching another pin more lucky than the pins that don’t touch another pin?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

3 days straight 70+ runs and NOTHING. QQ

is it possible ? 70+ succesefully completed events in 72 hours ? don’t lie to us

Although this sounds a little far fetched I do think he could be close, with good instance hopping you can get 3 or 4 VW kills an hour. I think he is over estimating a bit but even 20 runs without a coat box would be pretty horrible.

Took me 13 for the first and I still don’t have my second.

in Living World

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I think Bosses should be harder and have tokens like dungeons with loot vendors. Make each fight as epic or more so than Tequatl, with chest for that RNG bonus drop of Tequatl’s Hoard/Mini/etc., but award tokens for the event; 1 for fail and 3 for win. Then, if you haven’t been lucky enough, you can cash in your tokens for one of the unique drops after running the event so often.

It’s luck and progression all in one.

This is neat in theory, but before Teq got nerfed, no one did him because he was too hard and too much work was necessary to get people to listen to you to get it done. Only TTS did him then (pre-nerf) and only TTS does the triple headed wurm now.

in Living World

Posted by: Lanfear.9802

Lanfear.9802

Just give us a second way to get the boxes. After you do the boss enough times you should just get a coat-requisition-order and be able to buy them with crests for example. This is seriously ruining my fun.

Edit: I’m 0/12 so far.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

RNG smiled on me this once, I had all my coat boxes in three wins, then got another. None since. I think I’ve done the fight five or six times, one of which was a failed attempt. In all but one I had actively done the zone events from the start of Pact preparations; in the last one (no box), a guildie told me her zone was about to Breach and I hurried over just in time to jump into Red for the Breach.

That one was my first time seeing the Darkwing and I did not know to jump on the flowers, so I went down every time >< Now I know, and will try doing it the right way. Maybe avoiding the big blast damage aids box chances? Y’know, do it right and up your odds? … nah. ’tis RNG.

in Living World

Posted by: Squeeks.8496

Squeeks.8496

Vinewrath 7 times so far, 1 coat-box for doing it 1st time. Boot/shoulder boxes from the bandit chests there, that’s it.

Update: Runs 1, 8 and 10 gave me all 3 coats, whew.

(edited by Squeeks.8496)

in Living World

CureForLiving.5360

Done it 4 times. 2 coats. RNG is smiling down on me. Of course I’ve probably just jinxed myself…

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Maybe anet could fix accounts that have broken rng. This is precursor all over again. Maybe some accounts can’t never get these boxes.

Maybe some people should realize that the “unlucky accounts” conspiracy is not only ridiculous but has no logical basis.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The drops are random. The game is functioning just fine, as proved by those who have gotten a box, or more than one box.

If there were an issue with the game, the right place to post would be the Bugs Sub-Forum. But because nothing is broken, there’s no need to post there, and there’s certainly no need to continue to post the same complaint in multiple threads.

Closing thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

4 days of fighting Vinewrath boss, about 9 fights a day… still only have the first box you get as an achievement. I have all of the achievements, all of the organs, everything but my last 2 coats.

in Living World

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Keep the drop rate, don’t give in to those to just want to be given everything! :P
I like grind, makes it more exciting and rewarding when it does drop.
Love all of the recent and announced changes, talk about taking one giant sprinting leap in the right direction.
Keep up the great work

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Living World

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Why does everyone need more than one coat? Alts?

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Why does everyone need more than one coat? Alts?

You must unlock all three if you want the luminescent version. You need the luminescent collection complete if you want the title “A Light in the Darkness.”

Also alts.

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I wish there was a way to trade in boxes for armor you already have the full set of or don’t want for boxes of armor sets that you do want. For example, I went and bought my last carapace glove to complete the collection and the next bandit chest gave me a carapace glove box. I feel like I just wasted 1000 bandit crests. ;(