I am Sylvari! I am not Zombari!

in Living World

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

There is anger and distrust amongst the allied races now as Sylvari have shown themselves to be corruptible by Mordremoth’s influence. This is understandable, since the destruction of the Pact fleet resulted from this discovery. But this wasn’t treachery on behalf of the Sylvari race. It was a brilliant strategic move by our common foe, the Elder dragon Mordremoth.

Please don’t forget that all of the fauna-based races were corruptible by Zhaitan, while we remained immune. Those poor lost souls were pitied, not vilified. And we Sylvari still fought by your side and put our trust in you. We simply ask our fellow sentient beings for a little understanding in a time that scares us flora-based races even more than it scares you.

As a show of solidarity, I personally vow to wear only human-style garb outside of the grove. Sylvari cultural clothing only points out our differences in a time when we should be fostering strength through unity. It is my hope that this small gesture might help put you, our allies, at ease.

I am Sylvari! I am not Zombari! I stand with you against the elder Dragons!

- Breanna Banana, Sylvari Ranger

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Go away, you filthy salad head. We don’t need dragon minions in our parties or guilds.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

in Living World

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

the problem is, you’re not corruptible, you’re born as a dragon minion. Fully born, easy to influence and if you’re born close enough you’re immediately corrupted.

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

the problem is, you’re not corruptible, you’re born as a dragon minion. Fully born, easy to influence and if you’re born close enough you’re immediately corrupted.

You don’t know that any more than we knew you weren’t already born pre-corrupted, simply awaiting Zhaitan’s activation command. We’re talking Elder Dragons here. Powerful magic. Your ability to resist Zhaitan’s influence is on par with our ability to resist Mordremoth’s.

If we are to survive, we need to work together. We can’t always be looking over our shoulders wondering if our friends are going to turn on us. It may happen, and it may not. We Sylvari have lived with that all our lives thanks to Zhaitan. You can do it too. Do not give in to fear!

The Elder Dragons already have the power to make any of us into their unthinking tool. Please don’t voluntarily become their unthinking tool by shredding our alliance!

in Living World

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

Who let the potentially traitorous salad bowl in?

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’m with you! If that oversized beastie decides to look me up, I’m going all conscientious objector on its hide! I refuse! No dragon’s going to tell me what to do!

- Geirionydd

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Living World

Mirta.5029

You don’t know that any more than we knew you weren’t already born pre-corrupted, simply awaiting Zhaitan’s activation command. We’re talking Elder Dragons here. Powerful magic. Your ability to resist Zhaitan’s influence is on par with our ability to resist Mordremoth’s.

except that we’re not born fully grown adults, capable of fighting from the get-go with hive like mind and commands being passed trough the dream. We even seen the dragon in the dream. If sylvari hive is spawned far away enough though they’re still very prone to violence and insanity (see nightmare court), however it does seem to be distance based, so if all sylvari ran away to Far Shiverpeaks to fight a dragon there instead of charging into corruption that would potentially help.

Sylvari are the absolutely perfect dragon minions.

However see the writers come up with some magical potion that keeps all sylvari main characters sane.

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Shall we take a trip to Orr and see how many of your kind have turned against the light?

I know the recent shock has put you on the defensive. In your mind-numbed state, the simplest of name-calling belittlement is comforting to your sense of personal safety. But as you come to grips with the recent developments I have no doubt you will become our most valued ally in the fight against the Elder Dragons. I forgive you your moment of unthinking passion.

in Living World

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Those people were killed and then corrupted, sort of like how an undead would raise another in warcraft.

Whereas sylvari race are born corrupted

in Living World

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Shall we take a trip to Orr and see how many of your kind have turned against the light?

I know the recent shock has put you on the defensive. In your mind-numbed state, the simplest of name-calling belittlement is comforting to your sense of personal safety. But as you come to grips with the recent developments I have no doubt you will become our most valued ally in the fight against the Elder Dragons. I forgive you your moment of unthinking passion.

It is very simple to tell whether or not something is dead and then consequently raised. Need I remind you that we lost the entirety of the pact fleet thanks in no small part to your traitorous fellows, who were accepted as friends and allies? If we are going to take down Moredremoth, Tyria cannot suffer another setback of that magnitude. Please do the honorable thing and quarantine yourselves or form your own outcast regiment, but do not put all of Tyria at any more risk then it is already in by inviting the further potential for disaster that the Sylvari race has come to embody.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

except that we’re not born fully grown adults, capable of fighting from the get-go with hive like mind and commands being passed trough the dream.

No, you are born young and impressionable. Easy to manipulate. One has to wonder why it is your kind that wants to split us apart and make us easy pickin’s.

But I won’t hold that against you. If our fears and suspicions overcome our ability to work together, then the Elder Dragons have already won. So I will trust you, and just hope that you can trust me when it comes down to crunch time. Right now you are just suffering the shock of a great loss, and your passions are getting the better of you. I have no doubt you will see us as friends again in time. If nothing else, fewer Trahearne speeches will do wonders for everybody’s morale.

in Living World

Mirta.5029

No, you are born young and impressionable. Easy to manipulate. One has to wonder why it is your kind that wants to split us apart and make us easy pickin’s.

But I won’t hold that against you. If our fears and suspicions overcome our ability to work together, then the Elder Dragons have already won. So I will trust you, and just hope that you can trust me when it comes down to crunch time. Right now you are just suffering the shock of a great loss, and your passions are getting the better of you. I have no doubt you will see us as friends again in time. If nothing else, fewer Trahearne speeches will do wonders for everybody’s morale.

one of my main’s is sylvari. Did you even go trough the sylvari story? Heck did you even see the dream? Like did you even try to create a sylvari?

Also perhaps go trough living story season 2 where Caithe is perfectly fine in slaughtering a friendly tribe of centaurs just for her lover, who attacked first. What about the violent sylvari in the grove that think that charr should be killed because they think that first borns are nothing special? What about Nightmare Court and how easy it is to corrupt sylvari without a dragon even? What about the dragon in your dream? What about the fact that you can fight as well as other species that trained for years while you were just born an adult with a perfect body shape? That’s a thing. Ever seen a single sylvari born with a body unfit to fight? A fat sylvari? A mutilated sylvari? Birth defect don’t happen.

So yes, the only thing that I’m questioning is why the hell is my character charging into Maguuma Jungle when it’s obviously dangerous for her. Like do I want to join the dragon? Is that it?

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Those people were killed and then corrupted, sort of like how an undead would raise another in warcraft.

Whereas sylvari race are born corrupted

Being killed by one of the corrupted can create another corrupted. But the Elder Dragons do not need to kill first. Mordremoth can create minions of Sylvari (and all other plant life, as we’ve seen) without killing them first. The Branded were created by a simple fly-by. Do you think Zhaitan needed to kill first to create one of the corrupted? Certainly not!

What is this “Warcraft” of which you speak?

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

one of my main’s is sylvari. Did you even go trough the sylvari story? Heck did you even see the dream? Like did you even try to create a sylvari?

Also perhaps go trough living story season 2 where Caithe is perfectly fine in slaughtering a friendly tribe of centaurs just for her lover, who attacked first. What about the violent sylvari in the grove that think that charr should be killed because they think that first borns are nothing special? What about Nightmare Court and how easy it is to corrupt sylvari without a dragon even? What about the dragon in your dream? What about the fact that you can fight as well as other species that trained for years while you were just born an adult with a perfect body shape? That’s a thing. Ever seen a single sylvari born with a body unfit to fight? A fat sylvari? A mutilated sylvari? Birth defect don’t happen.

So yes, the only thing that I’m questioning is why the hell is my character charging into Maguuma Jungle when it’s obviously dangerous for her. Like do I want to join the dragon? Is that it?

Nightmare Court? How easy it is to corrupt a Sylvari? Why don’t you ask the Sons of Svanir? The Human Bandits? The Inquest? The Flame Legion?

Birth defects? Perfect body shape? This is GW2! No characters allowed that don’t conform to supermodel standards! It’s a rule.

The dragon in my dream? You mean the one that I fight and kill without any of you fauna-types helping? That dragon?

Why are you charging into the Maguuma Jungle? Well you can answer that one better than me. But I suspect it will be because you paid something on the order of $30 and don’t want to see your investment go to waste.

in Living World

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Salads huh? My flamethrower is ready.

in Living World

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

1)The human bandits aren’t corrupted by any dragon minions.
2)Zaithan did indeed need to kill in order to corrupt. He raised the undead as his minions – he corrupted the dead not the living.

I don’t like sylvari. Didn’t like them before – and certainly don’t like them now.

The only good things that the race has and only good influences on their race come from a human and a centaur ( Ronan and Ventari).

That pretty much says a lot about the potential of this race if left to its own devices.
Honestly – their origin as dragon minions is not surprising.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Sylvari are salads. We’re “good for you”. The rest of you are meat. You’re just plain good! Yum!

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

In the war of Nature vs Nurture, you lose! <—- <said in the skritt voice>

#SmoketheGrove2015

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Please! Someone help me! I can’t stop saying “More violets, less violence”! I’m driving myself insaaaaaane!

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Would you like to be a Sylvari on a zamboni? I know a dude in Toronto.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Only if you can assure me he’s an ice guy. (A nice guy? Get it? Get it?) Ahh, Sylvari humor. Lettuce spray it doesn’t catch on.

in Living World

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

If I were a minion of the dragon, you would be dead already.
-Kailak

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

1)The human bandits aren’t corrupted by any dragon minions.
2)Zaithan did indeed need to kill in order to corrupt. He raised the undead as his minions – he corrupted the dead not the living.

Actually, possession of artifacts carrying Zaithan’s power could and did corrupt the living. There are recorded cases of it corrupting living humans and norn. Yes, they eventually died of the corruption, but it corrupted them while they were still alive. We’ve also seen how easily the ice and crystal dragons can corrupt the living.

It’s also worth pointing out that humans are born, only to grow old and die. It may have taken longer, but humans were as destined to be Zaithan’s minions as much as any sylvari is to be Mordremoth’s.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

haha this is what I thought of when I saw the title

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

Glint was also from an elder dragon – she even was in the attempt to kill him, why treat Sylvari differently, so long as they have a strong connection to the dream, they’re fine – otherwise, they just need to be kept away from their grandfather or closer to their mother, the pale tree needs to be kept strong, alienating the Sylvari only serves to drive them and the dream to nightmare, increasing the chance of the dragon taking control.

Strong willed sylvari are welcome in my guild – I even have an IQ test to see how strong they are you stupid bookahs would throw a resource away simply for suspicion? Ha! silly bookahs.

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Living World

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I feel like maybe the group to really support the sylvari when time passes are gonna be the norn. After all..what greater hunt can there be than to kill your own maker.

Ghost Yak

in Living World

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Foolish Sylvari! As your sister Sylvari I say F*** all of the other races who wish to hate us. I can’t wait to tangle them in my poisonous vines of lust and death! Come at me races of Tyria, me and my brethren will kill you all with pleasure! HAIL MORDREMOTH!!!

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Living World

Crysto.7089

Glint was also from an elder dragon – she even was in the attempt to kill him, why treat Sylvari differently, so long as they have a strong connection to the dream, they’re fine – otherwise, they just need to be kept away from their grandfather or closer to their mother, the pale tree needs to be kept strong, alienating the Sylvari only serves to drive them and the dream to nightmare, increasing the chance of the dragon taking control.

Strong willed sylvari are welcome in my guild – I even have an IQ test to see how strong they are you stupid bookahs would throw a resource away simply for suspicion? Ha! silly bookahs.

You would make an illogical risk to humor one of the lesser races? The council will hear about this.

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

I feel like maybe the group to really support the sylvari when time passes are gonna be the norn. After all..what greater hunt can there be than to kill your own maker.

The Charr threw down their gods in GW1. Humans killed the Human god Balthazar. Even the golems are presumed destined to have an uprising against their Asuran masters. Why can’t Sylvari rebel against one who holds a measure of power over them?

We will plant the seeds of rebellion, and root ourselves to our branch of beliefs. We will leave behind the blooming idiots who doubt us, and sap our resolve to weed out the threat of Mordremoth!

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Foolish Sylvari! As your sister Sylvari I say F*** all of the other races who wish to hate us. I can’t wait to tangle them in my poisonous vines of lust and death! Come at me races of Tyria, me and my brethren will kill you all with pleasure! HAIL MORDREMOTH!!!

Okay, now. HERE is a pretty good sign that this person just might be one of the more weak-minded Sylvari capable of being turned by Mordremoth. Get her, fellas!

But be gentle. We can’t be certain. Some questioning may be in order. There still seems to be a little gray area here.

in Living World

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Okay, now. HERE is a pretty good sign that this person just might be one of the more weak-minded Sylvari capable of being turned by Mordremoth. Get her, fellas!

But be gentle. We can’t be certain. Some questioning may be in order. There still seems to be a little gray area here.

Evil seductive lustful laughter’Ahhhhhh hahahahahahahaaha! As if you think you can capture me!?mIf you can even find me, or maybe better yet, notice the real me! Eeeee heeee heee. MORDREMOTH is my lover, my dear daddy! And with my advance Mesmer abilities I will warp all of your minds! My big strong daddy, is Master of plants and mind, and as a Sylvari mesmer, iam his blade that will cut anyone who crosses him!

Distorts out of reality, laughing sinisterly

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Living World

Hamfast.8719

Evil seductive lustful laughter’Ahhhhhh hahahahahahahaaha! As if you think you can capture me!?mIf you can even find me, or maybe better yet, notice the real me! Eeeee heeee heee. MORDREMOTH is my lover, my dear daddy! And with my advance Mesmer abilities I will warp all of your minds! My big strong daddy, is Master of plants and mind, and as a Sylvari mesmer, iam his blade that will cut anyone who crosses him!

Distorts out of reality, laughing sinisterly

Yes, definitely some gray area here. I’m still not sure…

in Living World

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Hail Mordremoth!

Come at me bruh =D

Signed,
Mordrem Rage, Proud Dragon Minion.

Attachments:

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

in Living World

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

Shouldn’t have called my asura an imp, that’s what ya get dragon cabbage.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

You don’t win friends with salad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_OhlQ0ZkA

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

in Living World

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Personally, I like a bit of meat with my salad.

Signed

Charr

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Living World

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Introducing to the good and meaty people of Tyria, an answer to all of your Mordrem and suspicious Sylvari woes!

This and other fine products brought to you by – KreweTek Industries: The finest Asuran minds, serving you.

Attachments:

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

in Living World

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I’ll just take this opportunity to dust off a time honored tradition of Tyrians long past.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Obviously you weren’t corruptible by Zhaitan because you were already corrupted. Why else would the dragons stick to their zones for the most part? Simple answer: They can’t steal each others’ minions. When I heard this after seeing the dragon in my dream I knew we were Mordremoth’s minions, luckily nurture won out in our nature/nurture argument.

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Pfftt, pathetic Dreamer Sylvari and foolish people! (other races)
Our time has come, Nightmare Court and Mordremoth shall rule the world!
Join us, or you all shall die!!
MUWHAHAHAHAHHHAHA!!

[PS. Only Sylvaris are allowed to join, rest of you pathetic wurms can die,]

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Living World

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

“calmly invites friendly spinach heads into hoelbrak…calmly dusts of avenging wrath trait for the rest”

Ghost Yak

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

it really does feel nice that sylvari get the kitten for once…not we charr. Excuse me while i get a cup of tea and take a seat in the corner to watch and chuckle

in Living World

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Wait.. I’m so lost… I thought the Sylvari were born from the Pale Tree?
So was that a lie? Is the Mother Sylvari just one of Mordremoth’s Lieutenants ?

Where is this all explained? I’m so confused now.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in Living World

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Wait.. I’m so lost… I thought the Sylvari were born from the Pale Tree?
So was that a lie? Is the Mother Sylvari just one of Mordremoth’s Lieutenants ?

Where is this all explained? I’m so confused now.

In the last episode of the Living Story.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Living World

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

The PC Sylvari are pretty much all but immune to the corruption as long as they stay connected to the dream. The dream teaches us good values and the Pale tree helps us uphold these values while countering Mordremoths attempts to control us. We are not your enemies, Sylvari born from other trees however we don’t know. Think of the Pale tree like Glint, who at one point was a servant of the dragon but turned away.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Dream imbues us with the power of love and friendship, which is the strongest power that will defeat Mordremoth’s evil. Uncorrupted Sylvari are the ultimate force in Tyria.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Living World

Posted by: corrosivechains.5476

corrosivechains.5476

I can’t help but chuckle at the “you were born corruptible, whereas we need to die to be corrupted.” Were you not born to die? Isn’t that the pentultimate outcome to any such life of the more fleshly of races? You were indeed born corrupted, because it is your very fate to die.

in Living World

Crysto.7089

I can’t help but chuckle at the “you were born corruptible, whereas we need to die to be corrupted.” Were you not born to die? Isn’t that the pentultimate outcome to any such life of the more fleshly of races? You were indeed born corrupted, because it is your very fate to die.

A living person isn’t just suddenly going to go AHAHA JOKES ON YOU I WAS DEAD ALL ALONG I JUST HID THE MAGGOTS AND SMELLS ! HAIL ZHAITAN! You know that if it isn’t dead, its not a corrupted minion of Zhaitan. The same cannot be said for Sylvari.

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Do you ever party with an undead? Nope, you kill them.
Just like you never party up with a Crystalize mobs.
So what makes Syvari any difference than an undead?
Undead can’t resist Zhaitan’s command,
how are you Syvari so sure you can resist Mordramoth, the Elder dragon that symbolize “MIND” and PLANT?

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Great Forum bug again, need to post one more.