Mawdrey 2 is the real problem

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Please research the following words to find their actual meaning and then try posting again:

1. Problem
2. Fair

You are using these terms in a very nonsensical manner. As it stands there is no problem and the process is very fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Is anyone crafting the back piece for the skin? Or just for the bloodstone dust eating pet?

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I am crafting it because it is fun. I did not buy any single item (plant food or foxfire) and I am crafting it slowly. It is fairly easy to do so and it covers a lot of the game, like a mini legendary. And as far as an ascended back piece goes, it is on the cheap side albeit time consuming if you do not use the TP

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

There’s people crafting it for the skin, since there were several Mysterious Vines already made two weeks ago, long before Mawdrey II existed.

There’s also people crafting it to get an Ascended backpack, as even with all the scavenger hunting it’s the cheapest Ascended backpack to put together, barring Spinal Blades made during the Lion’s Arch LS when Blade Shards were flowing like water.

in Living World

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Soooo I had to grind WvW for weeks to get my first leggie despite hating the guts of it, but you can’t be kitten d to run a lvl 1 fracs five times for a thing you want ‘cus omg fractals I’m so scurred of the elitists in instances.
Ok.

in Living World

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

That post is funny, Just do a party wipe and the hammer will respawn, they fixed it a long time ago. LOL the fix is to have your party wipe?

in Living World

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Is anyone crafting the back piece for the skin? Or just for the bloodstone dust eating pet?

i wanted the dust eater, but also infusing the thing once you have the pink version is really really easy and i didnt have an infused back piece yet.

now i can pug 40 fractals when i feel like it instead of only 21-30ish.

the skin actually makes my game crash.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Living World

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Why should I have to do map exploration for my legendary? Why should I have to run countless fractals in a futile attempt at getting the skin I want? Its only 4 fractals… Get over it . It could be so much worse

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

There’s people crafting it for the skin, since there were several Mysterious Vines already made two weeks ago, long before Mawdrey II existed.

Oh yes a lot of people made the Mysterious vine, but they aren’t use it. I ran around Lion’s Arch a couple of times today and I was the only one who had it equiped. The same at Tequatl.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

It’s unfair? I’m pretty sure the requirements to get the item are exactly the same for everyone, so no, it isn’t unfair. You maybe don’t want to put in the same amount or type of work as others, which actually is unfair.

Except everyone isn’t putting in the same amount of work. People who already run fractals and have a heap of pristine relics saved up put in zero extra work for the crafting. People who have never done fractals or have tried them and don’t care to try them again, they will need to put in 10 or more additional hours into crafting this item. So yes it’s an unfair requirement.

They put in the “work” earlier. Either way everyone still needs to run 7 daily fractal missions, before or after mawdrey II.

10 or more hours if the pugs are terrible, you only need to run fractal level one which isn’t going to take nearly that much time and is as simple as dungeon runs in terms of difficulty.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Living World

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The only question I have about it is “Why just bloodstone dust?”

Hopefully we’ll get other pets to take care of the other types of ascended mats clogging up our banks.

Agreed, even though it’s going to take up some time for my bloodstone to go (similiar situation to that screen shot) for what is pretty useless (and largely worthless) “gifts” (junk item, a mat, often a cooking one for me….which I have no use for and most have little to no value, and a green items because we all know that’s so valuable to argue over) it’s still psychologically more appealing than deleting and I could do with the bank space.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Unfair
adjective
1. not fair; not conforming to approved standards, as of justice, honesty, or ethics:
an unfair law; an unfair wage policy.
2. disproportionate; undue; beyond what is proper or fitting: an unfair share.

Your perception of what is “fair” can certainly vary from mine. In my view, this doesn’t conformed to what I considered to be fair within the context of other reward paths in GW2.

You’re still not getting it. Mawdrey II is fair because this is the only way to get it. It’s available to everyone equally for the same requirements. That’s fair.

Your issue is that you think there should be other ways of getting Mawdrey II (or a similar item) besides crafting the backpiece. That has nothing to do with fairness. It has everything to do with the implementation of the item.

Please stop throwing the word around. The term you’re looking for is “inappropriate.”

in Living World

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

That post is funny, Just do a party wipe and the hammer will respawn, they fixed it a long time ago. LOL the fix is to have your party wipe?

And that doesn’t always work either…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yes, they fixed it a long ago, but it got broke again lately.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

On a side note, yes, I’m going to grind this out. Not so much for the back piece, but for Mawdrey II. I think that’s a very valuable bonus reward, and it’s way out of proportion to what it requires to get the back piece.

I’m not going to argue fair or unfair, anymore, but I still contend it’s a reward that shouldn’t be included with the back piece, and it sorta surprises me ArenaNet has included this.

It might seem a bit inconsequential, but it’s worth a few silver every day, maybe much more (One person in the forums claims to have gotten a lesser vision crystal.). Anything that saves me time and makes me money is worth having. ArenaNet understands this at some level, because they put a high gem value on items like the ore and wood nodes. Mawdrey II seems to be worth at least that.

In my mind, Mawdrey II is worth at least 800 gems.

in Living World

Posted by: Urelementar.6120

Urelementar.6120

I buid Mawdrey because it is very cheap for an accendet backpeace, even infiused it is sill less then 20g (if u get all items for yourself)

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I don’t think it’s fair that my Mawdrey II went on a hunger strike and barely ate anything for several days in a row. Still getting more bloodstone dust in that she’ll eat :P

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

You hates fotm, the only endgame you have outside of WvW/sPvP?

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’m sorry, are you complaining about 5 Pristine relics? 5 miserable, stinkin’ relics?

No. I’m complaining about ArenaNet giving a useful item as a bonus for completing the back piece. That’s something they’ve never done before. It’s not a vanity item, like the Balthazar back piece, it’s something useful. That’s not fair.

Put aside all the stuff about the Mist Stone. It’s not about fractals or dungeons or WvW. It’s about giving people who finish this back piece a practical means of getting rid of their Bloodstone dust. Those who don’t choose to finish this back piece – and given how involved the process is, there are probably going to be lots of them – will still not have a useful means of getting rid of their dust.

And if they want the reward, they can put in the effort. Overall cost analysis of what you gain vs. what you put into the acquisition.

For example, I want an Olympic gold medal, however to get one I would need to devote my life to its acquisition. The prize, in this case, is not worth the cost so I choose not to do it. On the other hand, I want a cheeseburger and the price of gas for my car and $2 is worth it to me and therefore I put forth the effort to pay the required price.

Simply put, is the usefulness of the item worth the acquisition cost of gathering the mats/gold? If the answer is yes, then put in a little effort and acquire it. If the answer is no, stop complaining because it obviously isn’t that important to you.

Hmm, now I want a cheeseburger…brb!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“For example, I want an Olympic gold medal”

Yeah right great example. That would only be applicable if the IOC sent everyone an entry form to the competition and a pair of running shoes to get people started. The start of this task was given to everyone so everyone expects it to be relevant for them and not just relevant to Usain Bolt.

in Living World

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

you do know there are some recipes that use Bloodstone Dust as a material,

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

in Living World

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

you do know there are some recipes that use Bloodstone Dust as a material,

Right.. and they tend to need 50 Ecto, 250 Powerful Bloods etc… I’d love to know what farm you’re doing, where that all balances out.

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

To be honest, 5 level 1 fractal runs isn’t that hard, or that bad. Ask in your guild. When I was doing hardcore fractal running, you had to do level 10+ to get a pristine relic. It’s so much easier these days, it really isn’t funny.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

It’s unfair? I’m pretty sure the requirements to get the item are exactly the same for everyone, so no, it isn’t unfair. You maybe don’t want to put in the same amount or type of work as others, which actually is unfair.

Except everyone isn’t putting in the same amount of work. People who already run fractals and have a heap of pristine relics saved up put in zero extra work for the crafting. People who have never done fractals or have tried them and don’t care to try them again, they will need to put in 10 or more additional hours into crafting this item. So yes it’s an unfair requirement.

I suppose by that logic it’s unfair to people who don’t have map completion too? The scavenger hunt was easy for me because I could just waypoint and upgrade the necessary item.

in Living World

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

If you want Mawdrey 2, then craft it. It is already available for everyone.

Not everyone has the time or money to craft this back piece, which would be fine if it was only a back piece. It’s also a personal loot machine for anyone who crafts the back piece.

There are two main issues. First, that’s unfair. Second, this isn’t an reasonable way to address the surplus Bloodstone dust problem.

It’s unequal … but it’s not unfair. It would be unfair if you didn’t have access to make one … yet everyone has access to make one. It’s unequal because your situation doesn’t allow you to make one vs. someone else’s situation. That’s not the game’s issue, it’s yourself. The game can’t be made to ensure equality over every aspect of it, nor should it.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I want and a lot of people want a better way to dispose of their Bloodstone dust. That ability shouldn’t be coupled with a back piece.

If this is what you’re concerned with, Mawdrey II isn’t the answer, anyway. Especially since some players have this issue with a different Ascended material entirely – WvW and EotM players are likely overburdened with Empyreals.

Mawdrey II is basically as “necessary” as Ascended equipment itself (excluding their Fractal use!) – it confers one small benefit, and takes tremendous work to obtain. We don’t need it. Even if you champ farmed and got flooded in Dust, you also would have had at least a dozen times the loot you’d get from Mawdrey. Meaning that it’s increasing your overall loot by only 8%.

Treat Mawdrey II as what it is: A prestige reward for the most epic scavenger hunt of GW2. It’s nice, but it’s really no more than that, in practice.

P.S. For a REAL solution to the “ascended material abundance” issue, I’ve always thought they should be convertable in the Forge, with a recipe to the tune of [250 “A” + 250 “B” + some Forge-related material + 10 or 25 Thermocatalytics == 11-40 “C”], where A, B, and C are the three flavors of (unrefined) Ascended material. (Meaning the recipe can be used to turn surplus stacks of ANY TWO of the three into some portion of the third type.) If we still had a Suggestions forum, this would have been posted on it back in June.

A special, hard-to-make item that takes only ONE ascended resource and turns it into minor loot is not the answer you want for this, even if it is the resource most PvE-ers have in extreme surplus.

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

Having crafted Maudrey this evening I must say the animation looks pretty sweet.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Oh yes a lot of people made the Mysterious vine, but they aren’t use it. I ran around Lion’s Arch a couple of times today and I was the only one who had it equiped. The same at Tequatl.

I’m still hoping it will grow/evolve into something more impressive. Because right now, visually, it’s one of the least impressive back pieces there is.

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Honestly, the pristine fractal relic requirement isn’t a big deal. If you stick to scale 1 fractals it’s a breeze – mobs don’t hit that hard, there’s no agony, and you get to see some of the more interesting maps in the game. Once a day for five days will get you the relics you need, at least 5 gold, and 20 champ bags. I’m not a fan of PvP, but I’ve been willing to buckle down and play seriously to complete six reward tracks, which is a lot more painful than five fractal runs.

That being said, what really gets me is the ridiculous clay requirements. We apparently have the ability to spot veins of valuable metals hundreds of feet away, but collecting clay? Nooooo, we have to buy that – and we can’t even buy it with gold, we have to pay with rocks.

Excuse me, Zephyrite peasant, but your home just exploded and fell out of the sky, stop being so kitten picky about what shinies I pay you with.

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

That being said, what really gets me is the ridiculous clay requirements. We apparently have the ability to spot veins of valuable metals hundreds of feet away, but collecting clay? Nooooo, we have to buy that – and we can’t even buy it with gold, we have to pay with rocks.

Excuse me, Zephyrite peasant, but your home just exploded and fell out of the sky, stop being so kitten picky about what shinies I pay you with.

+1 Bravo, this made me laugh

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

so what about all the people who dont like jumping puzzles and mini dungeons? they have to deal with it and u have to deal with a little bit of fotm

in Living World

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I want and a lot of people want a better way to dispose of their Bloodstone dust. That ability shouldn’t be coupled with a back piece.

If this is what you’re concerned with, Mawdrey II isn’t the answer, anyway. Especially since some players have this issue with a different Ascended material entirely – WvW and EotM players are likely overburdened with Empyreals.

Mawdrey II is basically as “necessary” as Ascended equipment itself (excluding their Fractal use!) – it confers one small benefit, and takes tremendous work to obtain. We don’t need it. Even if you champ farmed and got flooded in Dust, you also would have had at least a dozen times the loot you’d get from Mawdrey. Meaning that it’s increasing your overall loot by only 8%.

Treat Mawdrey II as what it is: A prestige reward for the most epic scavenger hunt of GW2. It’s nice, but it’s really no more than that, in practice.

P.S. For a REAL solution to the “ascended material abundance” issue, I’ve always thought they should be convertable in the Forge, with a recipe to the tune of [250 “A” + 250 “B” + some Forge-related material + 10 or 25 Thermocatalytics == 11-40 “C”], where A, B, and C are the three flavors of (unrefined) Ascended material. (Meaning the recipe can be used to turn surplus stacks of ANY TWO of the three into some portion of the third type.) If we still had a Suggestions forum, this would have been posted on it back in June.

A special, hard-to-make item that takes only ONE ascended resource and turns it into minor loot is not the answer you want for this, even if it is the resource most PvE-ers have in extreme surplus.

I liek this idea. Then I can turn all my Dragonite and Emp. Frags into dust and get more Gifts from Mawdrey. Because I’ve gotten some really good items from her.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

in Living World

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Ran across Mawdrey II on the forums, and got a little excited about something in GW2 for the first time in a long time. Then found this thread, and lost that excitement.

Ascended is here to stay, and, as time goes by, it will be increasingly difficult for people to say “Ascended is completely unnecessary” with a straight face. It will, slowly, become more and more integrated into the content until it is no longer luxury, but too difficult to pass up.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes a drink

in Living World

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

Since this thread hasn’t died, yet, I thought I’d post an update. I ran my fractals, because, as I mentioned, I think that Mawdrey 2 is worth it. If it wasn’t for Mawdrey 2, I wouldn’t have bothered, but I will say the Mawdrey back piece is nice.

I’ve had Mawdrey 2 for about a week. So far the plant has yielded about 30 silver worth of stuff every day in exchange for my dust. I don’t think that’s insignificant. I would’ve run the fractals and done all the other stuff just for those rewards alone, but the plant also puts out some pretty sweet rewards: I got a Vision Crystal, once.

I’ve attached a screen shot.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

It took me a while but I finally made Mawdrey. I still think that backpiece could use some customization for dyes as the color contrasts that of my Necromancer which I intended to go for an all Midnight Green color scheme.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: amber.4815

amber.4815

Since this thread hasn’t died, yet, I thought I’d post an update. I ran my fractals, because, as I mentioned, I think that Mawdrey 2 is worth it. If it wasn’t for Mawdrey 2, I wouldn’t have bothered, but I will say the Mawdrey back piece is nice.

I’ve had Mawdrey 2 for about a week. So far the plant has yielded about 30 silver worth of stuff every day in exchange for my dust. I don’t think that’s insignificant. I would’ve run the fractals and done all the other stuff just for those rewards alone, but the plant also puts out some pretty sweet rewards: I got a Vision Crystal, once.

I’ve attached a screen shot.

I don’t think this is enough to be a valid drop rate research.

Anyway, as i can see in the screenshot, the only valueable items you dropped are the rosemary sprig and the sprockets . You can make the same amount of gold, gathering the same items, in… 10 minutes max? You just have to wp to the right zones.
About the vision crystal, you’ve just been lucky i guess.

(edited by amber.4815)

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Just buy the recipe and craft toxic oils with your extra dust.

It costs like 6g/7g for the recipe, but that’s a one time purchase. Also, people who bought the recipe paid 5g + 250 spores for it, so the recipe is cheap, not expensive. Thanks to people burning dust on maw dreyfus, crafting oils has never been more profitable.

so quit complaining.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

HOLY MOTHER OF A DOLYAK!

Still complaints about having to run 5 mini-dungeons on the easy setting? To get an ASCENDED backpack only necessary for that same mini dungeon on higher levels, anyways?

……………………

I am speechless.

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think the complaints will intensify once someone gets a Precursor drop from Mawdrey.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Raire.7983

HOLY MOTHER OF A DOLYAK!

Still complaints about having to run 5 mini-dungeons on the easy setting? To get an ASCENDED backpack only necessary for that same mini dungeon on higher levels, anyways?

……………………

I am speechless.

Lots of faux-indignation that anyone would complain about an arbitrary Fractal req, tacked onto the only semi-interesting reward in the current LS, is what’s leaving me speechless.

It’s going to be hilarious if ANet expect us all to continue trudging through the next half of season 2, only to get more parts (+random tat) for a backpack they’ve already alienated some of us from pursuing.

Remember, we are the same community that hated on dungeons being forced through the monthlies back in 2012, and that was way less important than this – if only because ANet should have learned from their mistakes.

in Living World

Posted by: amber.4815

amber.4815

Lots of faux-indignation that anyone would complain about an arbitrary Fractal req, tacked onto the only semi-interesting reward in the current LS, is what’s leaving me speechless.

It’s going to be hilarious if ANet expect us all to continue trudging through the next half of season 2, only to get more parts (+random tat) for a backpack they’ve already alienated some of us from pursuing.

Remember, we are the same community that hated on dungeons being forced through the monthlies back in 2012, and that was way less important than this – if only because ANet should have learned from their mistakes.

I’m sure someone already said this, but:

- you don’t need to run fractal to get the second step of the backpack (exotic);
- the ascended back item is useless unless you want to run fractals;
- Mawdrey II is just a nice prestige item that gives you almost nothing;

And anyway you’d waste max 40 minutes per run if you do five lvl 1 fractals (1 hour max if you don’t know what to do or if you have a party of 4 people).

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Everyone dying usually resets the dungeon/fractal to a certain point. GW2 isnt the first game where a party wipe restores things to an earlier state.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If you want Mawdrey 2, then craft it. It is already available for everyone.

The point OP was getting at is that he wants to get Mawdrey 2 (or something equivalent) in a way that best suits his play style. There’s probably some merit to his complaint (although there’s also some demerit), since GW2 does allow for multiple play styles (so the dedicated PvPer or WvWer would be less likely to get it). However I don’t think changing how you get Mawdrey 2 is the solution, so much as ANet eventually adding similar types of items that can be obtained in various ways.

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

in Living World

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

some people man….

in Living World

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Bundling the ascended backpiece and pet together is like expecting me to pay for 500 cable TV channels, just to get the dozen I want to watch. Not happening.

I should be writing.

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

My only motivation to get Mawdrey 2 was that it eats bloodstone. I’m rich and have nothing else to spend my money on, so I thought I should get it, despite being fully ascended.

If something that’s easily attainable and similar to Mawdrey 2 is released, I will lose some trust in ANet.

in Living World

Posted by: CrimeDog.5614

CrimeDog.5614

I’ve never posted on the forums when it pertains to players voicing a negative option that I don’t agree with because everyone is entitled to their own option. But now I feel like I have to say it baffles me at how much people complain about free content and how they want everything for little to no effort. It’s very strange to me, I must say. Yes, I’m currently grinding through the process to get the back item Ascended, and it can be frustrating at times, but what in life isn’t truly enjoyable without a lot of hard work that you can be proud of putting yourself through?

in Living World

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I know this isn’t really about the fractal relics, although if you need help getting them please look me up! I’m not asking for anything, I just happen to be one of those crazy people who love fractals.

in Living World

Raire.7983

I’ve never posted on the forums when it pertains to players voicing a negative option that I don’t agree with because everyone is entitled to their own option. But now I feel like I have to say it baffles me at how much people complain about free content and how they want everything for little to no effort. It’s very strange to me, I must say. Yes, I’m currently grinding through the process to get the back item Ascended, and it can be frustrating at times, but what in life isn’t truly enjoyable without a lot of hard work that you can be proud of putting yourself through?

You know what baffles me? When people ignore everything said; argue with their own spin on a subject and always seem to finish with a lecture stemming from that bizarre work-ethic-cult-mentality, that seems to have consumed so many gamers.

On the subject of “little to no effort” vs “hard work” – my opinion is that it’s perfectly fine to desire content that takes time to complete, but nobody should be advocating doing things they absolutely do not enjoy, in a game!

ANet pushing its forced group/instanced content has been a major irritation for me since launch – it’s the primary reason I became disillusioned, and spent several months out of the game, last year. I’m actually only hanging around now for the WvW tournament, because I missed the previous couple. If ANet don’t fix this issue by the start of LS2/ part 2, I’m giving up on them completely.

Please forgive the snark at the beginning, but this issue and the predictable “you want everything for nothing” type responses, just makes me very angry.