Prepare to Craft New Legendaries!

in Living World

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I will challenge Anet directly right here and make a bold prediction with 100% certainty that we are getting new legendaries with Season 2. Here is my list of reasons for being so confident:

1. It’s about time! We’ve all enjoyed working towards and crafting one or more legendaries by now, saw other players wielding them and especially with the wardrobe system these skins have become less of a novelty. (Although don’t get me wrong we do have access to the most visually creative skins in the MMO market) It’s been close to 2 years so it makes sense for Anet to give people new stuff to work towards.

2. It’s been a common complaint that legendaries were largely disconnected with skill or any kind of accomplishment to be proud of. They could be acquired from TP or by just farming mats over time or even if you are rich in RL with a credit card. Season 2 presents the 1st real opportunity to link Legendary crafting to skills or accomplishments. As with the journal announcement, LS will have challenges for skilled players with “material rewards” at the end. What if these were Legendary components? What if the next legendary you have will have people appreciate the feats you have accomplished in the game instead of a lucky TP investment (I’m looking at you Silk Scraps)

3. Ability to time gate the Legendary Creation process. Anet has gotten a taste of time gated crafting, it creates a reason for people to do some daily crafting to get their hands on some sweet gear. In the LA storyline we’ve seen Anet time gate the back piece with content progression. You could only make the back pieces colored if you checked back and played the next episode. I’m sure this is the path Anet will take with Legendaries so that players will be motivated to come back for each episode to further their progress for them.

4. One year ago it was already promised that we would get more legendary weapons but then this was postponed saying “We needed to implement new things” (don’t remember the exact words) With new map(maps?) being rolled in, we will undoubtedly have new mats (and tokens?) to collect, new rare drops from end bosses etc. The new legendaries need to be crafted from these new materials so that they wouldn’t pop on TP two days after they are introduced… Once again these materials may be linked to content that will challenge the players so the end result is worthy of more respect by other players.

5. If new legendaries will require new precursors, it would make sense that they start appearing with season 2. We venture out to new lands so we encounter new weapons etc. If armors are introduced, the RP way of explaining their sudden appearance may be linked to the new challenges that lie ahead of us.

6. A big appeal of GW2 for many players I talk with are legendaries at the end of the day. The sense I get from all of them is that they would be delighted with new legendary armors (with stat switching) and even more so with weapons (because it would present an alternative skin to the current ones, some of which don’t suit people’s tastes) It makes good business sense for anet to give these players what they crave.

7. Anet has had enough time to come with cool new concepts for legendaries. Complain about rainbows and unicorns, you still need to accept that GW2 has done more for legendary weapons than any other game combined, auras, footsteps, trails etc. are all major innovations. In 2 years, I am betting that right now there are shiny new designs already in development or even being tested. I think we’ll get to hear about them pretty soon!

8. Precursor quests, hunts etc were all postponed for some reasons that Anet really didn’t go into. They said they needed to introduce some new dynamics to make them meaningful etc. We already know that with the new Journal system we are getting them. What better time to introduce the old and if they are needed new precursor quests with these new systems? You achieve something remarkable that few can dream of doing (think hardness level= Liadri x 10) and you get a quest to hunt for your precursor etc.

9. We got Legendaries, ascended gear etc. for Season 1. A whole new season which will be equal to tons of new content (added together= almost an expansion) makes it necessary to give players just as exciting new rewards to work towards.. Gem store skins or some exotic new skins will be disappointing vs what we got in Season 1.

Well that’s all the reasons I have for now but I think it supports my original assessment that we’ll get to craft new legendaries with the upcoming season. So I challenge you Anet, am I wrong in thinking so? I’ll accept your silence as acceptance that I am correct!

What do you guys think?

P.S. thanks for reading this lengthy post if you did

(edited by Taisia.2813)

in Living World

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

Didn’t ANet promise no “Gear grind” no " Better gear" was their promise or are they joining the train that Blizzard perpetuated all those years and why so many hate them too ..

Is Anet ready to do that and become what they promised they wouldnt be ?

in Living World

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Too late.

Didn’t ANet promise no “Gear grind” no " Better gear" was their promise or are they joining the train that Blizzard perpetuated all those years and why so many hate them too ..

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Legendary Armor datamined! That explains the sharp increase in Gossamer prices. Good thing I bought dozens of stacks when they were 1 Silver a piece.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Legendary Armor datamined! That explains the sharp increase in Gossamer prices. Good thing I bought dozens of stacks when they were 1 Silver a piece.

Do you have a link to the datamined stuff by any chance? And how long do you think this price spike will last, will it go back down later or will it keep rising?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Do you have a link to the datamined stuff by any chance? And how long do you think this price spike will last, will it go back down later or will it keep rising?

Someone was linking the armors in game. I never got the codes from them.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

nearlight.3064

Someone was linking the armors in game. I never got the codes from them.

Does that mean you were able to preview how the armors look on your character? If so what did they look like?

I bought bunch of gossamer last fall for like 2 silver, so I could sell it now for a decent profit, but I’m unsure if thats the best thing to do right now or if I should wait for it to rise some more.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Living World

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The sharp increase in value of gossamer scraps is not due to some datamined legendary armor. As far as i remember, the legendary armor was datamined months ago and it looked to me as if it was just an item code from the armor that the Legendary Defenders in WvW are wearing because it had a level requirement of 82.

The reason gossamer scraps spiked recently is due to the sapphyre supply boxes and gossamer being one of the cheapest conversion rates for those boxes:
http://zephyrcalc.wolchok.org/

If you check the prices for gossamer scraps you will notice 2 huge spikes, one when the zapphire sanctum arrived and one with the last patch, when there was a rumor that droprates for back skins from supply boxes got stealth buffed.

Bolts of Gossamer, however, experienced a way smoother spike in price, which is related to the spike in scraps, rather than speculation about legendary armor.

If it was somehow true that legendary armor would be introduced next week, it would most certainly use Bolts instead of scraps, so it wouldnt make sense to just buy up scraps.

TL/DR: The price spike in scraps of Gossamer is related to Supply Boxes and speculation about a buffed droprate of backpieces and not speculation about legendary armor.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Living World

nearlight.3064

Oh okay, that makes more sense. So I should sell gossamer now before its value goes down again?

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I’m preparing with everything I can muster to not craft more legendaries. One horrendous grind was quite enough.

in Living World

Posted by: teriyakininja.4698

teriyakininja.4698

I would like to see a different way to acquire precursors instead of gambling your money, or gambling your time. Some sort of lengthy, challenging, story-line or questing or whatever. Even if I have to draw quaggans, I just want some other way to get a precursor!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

I would like to see a different way to acquire precursors instead of gambling your money, or gambling your time. Some sort of lengthy, challenging, story-line or questing or whatever. Even if I have to draw quaggans, I just want some other way to get a precursor!!!

I want my legendary quaggan-skin boots xD !!!

Humans aren´t real

in Living World

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I will challenge Anet directly right here and make a bold prediction with 100% certainty that we are getting new legendaries with Season 2. Here is my list of reasons for being so confident:

1. It’s about time! We’ve all enjoyed working towards and crafting one or more legendaries by now

I have not actually….

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Living World

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

I think they need to work on getting the process of making a Legendary more… legendary… first.

After that then put in new ones.

in Living World

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I think they need to work on getting the process of making a Legendary more… legendary… first.

After that then put in new ones.

That is exactly what I was trying to explain in the OP. With the new mechanics at play in Season 2, I believe getting new legendaries will be tied more to legendary endeavors and less to TP flipping prowess.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’m only interested in new legendaries if the designers won’t be working under the misapprehension that “legendary” is synomous with “kitsch”, like they did with the first batch.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You’ve never played GW1, have you?

Because they promised us the same but we ended up with a worse grind.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They never promised we wouldn’t need to grind. Legendaries are not “necessary” to complete any of the content of the game.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Datamined legendary armor doesn’t exist.

The legendary colored armors that were linked to you in chat are placeholder armors that WvW guards wear. They’ve been here since the start of the game.

And gossamer rose because of the buffed reward drop chance

in Living World

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

John Smith actually gave a good hint why a new sink for t6 mats (suggested precursor crafting or new legendries) wont be introduced without adding new ways to acquire them. The topic is closed so i cant quote directly but he said, replying to the thesis that t6 mat prices are too high atm:

2. T6 prices are too high, the material drops are too rare.
A. There are arguments that can be made here on both sides that I think are valid. (I know this is really frustrating so I apologize for the generic response) I can’t give my opinion on either side for fear of shocking those markets which won’t be positive either way. What I can say is that it’s something we watch, there’s always room for improvement, and we will continue to work to make the game better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Golds-from-dungeon-is-killing-the-economy/page/4#post4141549

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

just finished 100% map completion and ready to make new legendaries for tomorrow if they coming out

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

The grind was practically non-existent beyond looks, mats, and money spent. You didn’t get significant stat changes going from 15-45k armor sets since both had the same exact values but one required more materials and platinum to obtain. UW, FoW, Kurzick, Luxon, Vabbi, etc

in Living World

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

John Smith actually gave a good hint why a new sink for t6 mats (suggested precursor crafting or new legendries) wont be introduced without adding new ways to acquire them. The topic is closed so i cant quote directly but he said, replying to the thesis that t6 mat prices are too high atm:

2. T6 prices are too high, the material drops are too rare.
A. There are arguments that can be made here on both sides that I think are valid. (I know this is really frustrating so I apologize for the generic response) I can’t give my opinion on either side for fear of shocking those markets which won’t be positive either way. What I can say is that it’s something we watch, there’s always room for improvement, and we will continue to work to make the game better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Golds-from-dungeon-is-killing-the-economy/page/4#post4141549

99% of john Smith posts are made of:
Economy is awesome
I have data i cannot show you that proves economy is awesome
You can t understand since you don t have a degree in economy (and if you have one you are wrong anyway i have data that proves it….but cannot show you).

Still waiting for the silk fix he promised, but aside that, i think that even him can understand the mess of adding T6 sinks when he nerfed almost every farming activity.

Unless he wants to beat diablo 3 economy.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Living World

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

All I need is my precursor.

I get Dawn, and I’ve got my Legendary. -_-

in Living World

Posted by: papamadoo.8169

papamadoo.8169

I didn’t hear of any new Legendary but I heard of a new way to got legendary, Treasure hunt.

You craft of find lot of stuff to build your precursor for the legendary.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The grind was practically non-existent beyond looks, mats, and money spent. You didn’t get significant stat changes going from 15-45k armor sets since both had the same exact values but one required more materials and platinum to obtain. UW, FoW, Kurzick, Luxon, Vabbi, etc

So what about the PvE only skills? They got stronger the higher your title rank was. Good luck getting max kurzick/luxon without grinding And they provided the same small boost an ascended armor now provides.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Legendary armor would be silly and wrong to implement. Please don’t! New legendary weapons would be fine, since the staff sucks.