[SPOILERS] Season 2 Finale [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

When i ran like a boss to the signal fire i thought i would be killing everyone down below as a sacrifice. But no.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

in Living World

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

If you did Crucible of Eternity you’ve known for 2 years that Sylvari were actually dragon minions not to be trusted.

Better put all Sylvari to the torch. I’ve been in support of that since oh, LS season 1 when Scarlet was revealed.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

It would have made much more sense if the airstrike was used to cut-off/eliminate the mordrem reinforcements (those that had not yet entered the base), and then our job would have been to clean up the remaining mordrem in the base, then declare victory.

Not only would there be no senseless “oh look, we survived the bombardment we target at our own troops”, but it also would have made Trahearn thanking us feel a lot more satisfying.
“Thanks, you did a grunt’s job and carried that torch! you saved the day!” doesn’t feel like a very good reason for all the appreciation and credit we received for the victory.

Trahearne literally thanks the player for every little thing. ALL THE TIME.
So many of his dialogues have at least one “Thank you”. “Thanks to you” or “We/I couldn’t have done it without you” that I kinda expect him to do that, now.

Likely due to all the kittening people did about how they’re not the center of attention through the Personal Story.

I get tired of hearing all that stuff.

I don’t think so, since he does that in the PS too.
Not to mention phrases like “(excited) Welcome back! (relieved) I’m glad you are safe” that pretty much shows how much he cares for the PC. It is just part of his character, which is why I could never want him dead. Dead for what? For loving my character too much? For treating my character like his best friend? I don’t care if some nameless soldier thinks Trahearne is the sole responsible for the death of Zhaitan or something. The Pact Marshal, one of the most important characters of the game, knows what I did and reminds me all the time he is thankful for that. Maybe people that complain that he “steals their glory” should stop skipping dialogues. I, too, got tired of hearing this.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

My sylvari missed the air-ship. thats how she survived. by the time she got back from chasing Caith. The Pact had already left.
So she waited at camp resolve for the next one…. and waited…and waited…

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

in Living World

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

If you did Crucible of Eternity you’ve known for 2 years that Sylvari were actually dragon minions not to be trusted.

Better put all Sylvari to the torch. I’ve been in support of that since oh, LS season 1 when Scarlet was revealed.

Yeah lets burn every race that has at least one evil person in their race (Let’s go with Scarlet being evil, I still have think they will reveal her as someone trying to do good but in a different way) aaaaand the world would be empty.

in Living World

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

my sylvari is a necromancer. so when they told me i was evil it was just like “wha else is new? how about telling me something new. like why i need this egg. or when im going to actually go fight a dragon.”

in Living World

Gabby.3205

All of those people who hate Trahearne are finally happy now.
Calling sylvari traitors and such hahah, like they had a say in the matter. They are basically slaves now. Common sense would say that we should help them and free them cause they helped, well, everyone in the past. But nooo, lets burn them now etc etc. Ignorant people all over the place, just like reality.

I still hope that they didn’t kill him just to appease that crowd.
Actually, I hope that they didn’t kill him at all.

The fact that they say this kind of stuff, that “Trahearne stole our glory” and that the “Sylvari are traitors” just shows how much of the story they ignore and how many dialogues they skip, and quite frankly ANet should tell the story for people that actually care to pay attention to it, not for them.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

All of those people who hate Trahearne are finally happy now.
Calling sylvari traitors and such hahah, like they had a say in the matter. They are basically slaves now. Common sense would say that we should help them and free them cause they helped, well, everyone in the past. But nooo, lets burn them now etc etc. Ignorant people all over the place, just like reality.

I still hope that they didn’t kill him just to appease that crowd.
Actually, I hope that they didn’t kill him at all.

The fact that they say this kind of stuff, that “Trahearne stole our glory” and that the “Sylvari are traitors” just shows how much of the story they ignore and how many dialogues they skip, and quite frankly ANet should tell the story for people that actually care to pay attention to it, not for them.

Exactly. I don’t want them to make their story based on what those type of players want in game. It would be horrible if things went with “They want Trahearne dead, ok so lets kill him and our players will love us”.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It doesn’t make much sense from a plot perspective…

There are entire tribes of Norn who are willingly and openly joining Jormag, and no one seems to care about that… but 2 slvari get converted into dragon minions and now all of a sudden ALL slyvari are evil?

What about the 1000’s of Charr who became minions of the crystal dragon? Why aren’t all Charr considered evil?
What about the millions of humans t hat became undead minions? Why aren’t all humans evil? wouldn’t it have been better to burn every human in existence to prevent them from becoming minions of Zhaitan?

There just doesn’t seem to be any logic behind this preview of trying to kill all the slyvari…

in Living World

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I don’t think the Tree can be taken by Mordremoth unless he exerts huge and close influence on it personally, but the individual sylvari are a totally different thing. Let’s not forget that in the cinematic almost all sylvari in the Pact fleet were instantly taken by Mordremoth and they started attacking their fellow Pact members of other races.

Are you sure those were pact Sylvari? They don’t seem to wear the usual pact uniforms. I would’ve guessed that those were in fact Sylvari from other trees (as we know from the Sylvari personal story that there are other trees further west) who are the dragon’s minions and attack the pact to defend their dragon.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

There are entire tribes of Norn who are willingly and openly joining Jormag, and no one seems to care about that… but 2 slvari get converted into dragon minions and now all of a sudden ALL slyvari are evil?

What about the 1000’s of Charr who became minions of the crystal dragon? Why aren’t all Charr considered evil?
What about the millions of humans t hat became undead minions? Why aren’t all humans evil? wouldn’t it have been better to burn every human in existence to prevent them from becoming minions of Zhaitan?

There just doesn’t seem to be any logic behind this preview of trying to kill all the slyvari…

That’s because the other races don’t really know how it happened, and because the Sylvari are a new race and lots of people don’t know much about them.
What they know is that the Sylvari are creations of Mordremoth. They don’t care for the fact that most of them didn’t go crazy and that the Pale Tree still protects the Sylvari of the Dream, they probably don’t even know that the Sylvari themselves didn’t know they were creations of a dragon.
Because of that, even if Trahearne is still alive, the Pact is done for (at least for now). Not only because they lost most of their soldiers and equipment, but because the other races of Tyria will look at him with mistrust at best from now on. It is ignorance, pure and simple. And, really, I can’t blame them (though I CAN blame the players that are hating on the Sylvari for not paying attention to the story).

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

Plot twist, SAB comes back, we have to rescue princess Rytlock from the Lord Vanquish

i would play this plot twist

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

This. Thank you for this post.
But it makes sense for people who are hating on sylvari to begin with cause of Trahearne. They will take any small thing to start the flame wars.

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I don’t think the Tree can be taken by Mordremoth unless he exerts huge and close influence on it personally, but the individual sylvari are a totally different thing. Let’s not forget that in the cinematic almost all sylvari in the Pact fleet were instantly taken by Mordremoth and they started attacking their fellow Pact members of other races.

Are you sure those were pact Sylvari? They don’t seem to wear the usual pact uniforms. I would’ve guessed that those were in fact Sylvari from other trees (as we know from the Sylvari personal story that there are other trees further west) who are the dragon’s minions and attack the pact to defend their dragon.

There is validity in what you say, but in the cinematic there is clearly at least one Lionguard sylvari going berserk (and there were Lionguard on the ships since all cities sent troops to help the war effort) and some other sylvari are shown blowing up the ships they are on. The truth might be in the middle since it’s almost certain we will fight sylvari of different trees in the jungles, who will be joined by Pale Tree sylvari taken by the dragon and definitely the Nightmare Court (since we see Faolain killing a Pact trooper in the cinematic with a spear).

Malyck, my friend, yours is a woeful destiny…

in Living World

Gabby.3205

There is validity in what you say, but in the cinematic there is clearly at least one Lionguard sylvari going berserk (and there were Lionguard on the ships since all cities sent troops to help the war effort) and some other sylvari are shown blowing up the ships they are on. The truth might be in the middle since it’s almost certain we will fight sylvari of different trees in the jungles, who will be joined by Pale Tree sylvari taken by the dragon and definitely the Nightmare Court (since we see Faolain killing a Pact trooper in the cinematic with a spear).

Malyck, my friend, yours is a woeful destiny…

I wonder if these Sylvari were all soundless.
If Dream Sylvari are going crazy, then lots of important characters might be at risk (Trahearne included, if he survived the crash).

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Fauven.3195

Fauven.3195

But ppl say the Sylvari get killed in the trailer and yes I see that too. But some minor shadow details make me think it are the nightmare court ones that are killed. Adding that at the end of the fight you see someone with a spear killing a non-sylvari guy. This person somehow reminded me of Foalain (leader of the nightmares).
Yea possible that I’m switching persons up

Ranger & mesmer 80
Piken Square [Gwen]

in Living World

Gabby.3205

But ppl say the Sylvari get killed in the trailer and yes I see that too. But some minor shadow details make me think it are the nightmare court ones that are killed. Adding that at the end of the fight you see someone with a spear killing a non-sylvari guy. This person somehow reminded me of Foalain (leader of the nightmares).

Pretty sure it was Faolain, and there were weird stuff growing from her, so I suppose she went full mordrem. Guess we are going to kill her soon-ish.
Unless Caithe intends to use the egg as a “cure” somehow, but I don’t think that it is likely to be any cure for this kind of stuff.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Pretty sure it was Faolain, and there were weird stuff growing from her, so I suppose she went full mordrem. Guess we are going to kill her soon-ish.
Unless Caithe intends to use the egg as a “cure” somehow, but I don’t think that it is likely to be any cure for this kind of stuff.

I’ll take a closer look again at that trailer but I’m pretty sure nothing weird is growing out of her, looked to me like TA shoulders that she always wears.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

I’ll take a closer look again at that trailer but I’m pretty sure nothing weird is growing out of her, looked to me like TA shoulders that she always wears.

Here, at 1:07
There are spiky vines growing out of her back, that’s not the TA shoulders since they are leaves, not spikes. Also, seconds later, you can see BOTH the TA shoulders and the spiky vines (it is easier to see when it zooms in).

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Yeah lets burn every race that has at least one evil person in their race (Let’s go with Scarlet being evil, I still have think they will reveal her as someone trying to do good but in a different way) aaaaand the world would be empty.

There’s a big difference here. You are not people. You are dragon minions. You are constructs. You are not born, you are created as an imitation. Knowledge is planted into your head, and you act on it. You do not learn your own perspective and choose your own path, your path is set before you, you are programmed.

The only difference is what knowledge was planted into your head prior to the Dragon’s Awakening was Ventari’s Teachings rather than the instructions of the Dragon.

Now the Dragon is awake, and able to reprogram Sylvari to serve him.

This isn’t a case of a few bad apples. This is the case of all Sylvari being vulnerable to corruption from the Dragon.

Also in other cases, people make conscious CHOICES to be evil but each person of you know ACTUAL people, Asura, Charr, Norn, Human, Tengu, Quaggan, Kodan, Skritt, Largos, even Krait (in their case it’s a cultural difference), each individual makes their own choices, so yes, it’s wrong to judge that entire group of people by the actions of one or a few.

However, Sylvari are not entities of free will and choice, they are constructs, they are programmed with a “wild hunt” which they are compelled to fulfill. Their life isn’t one of making choices, but one of obligation to fulfill their programming.

… and a Dragon can program them however he wishes.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

(edited by Devildoc.6721)

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Here, at 1:07
There are spiky vines growing out of her back, that’s not the TA shoulders since they are leaves, not spikes. Also, seconds later, you can see BOTH the TA shoulders and the spiky vines (it is easier to see when it zooms in).

Ah I see it now. Nice catch. She became the champion of Mordy Would be funny if that was just Mawdrey

in Living World

Gabby.3205

There’s a big difference here. You are not people. You are dragon minions. You are constructs. You are not born, you are created as an imitation. Knowledge is planted into your head, and you act on it. You do not learn your own perspective and choose your own path, your path is set before you, you are programmed.

The only difference is what knowledge was planted into your head prior to the Dragon’s Awakening was Ventari’s Teachings rather than the instructions of the Dragon.

This isn’t a case of a few bad apples. This is the case of all Sylvari being vulnerable to corruption from the Dragon.

As far as we know, the Pale Tree still shields the Dream Sylvari from the power of the dragon, so not every Sylvari is corrupted. If Trahearne survived the crash and is shown to be corrupted, him of all people, then the Dream Sylvari might be in trouble too.
However, I see why there would be lots of mistrust from the other races. After all, who can say someone is a Dreamer or not, other than the Sylvari themselves?

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Also in other cases, people make conscious CHOICES to be evil but each person of you know ACTUAL people, Asura, Charr, Norn, Human, Tengu, Quaggan, Kodan, Skritt, Largos, even Krait (in their case it’s a cultural difference), each individual makes their own choices, so yes, it’s wrong to judge that entire group of people by the actions of one or a few.

However, Sylvari are not entities of free will and choice, they are constructs, they are programmed with a “wild hunt” which they are compelled to fulfill. Their life isn’t one of making choices, but one of obligation to fulfill their programming.

This is not yet proven. No one in game can you find yet that the dragon can corrupt/reprogram all sylvari. Sylvari have free will, which was proven so many times, some decide to be good little boys and girls and follow the rules, others don’t. That is still free will no matter what you decide.

They are not constructs, no one is making them piece by piece, they actually are born. Not from a gaping kitten but from a tree, they are still born.

in Living World

Posted by: Vamexu.7650

Vamexu.7650

I definitely think that was a Mursaat. Before that Mursaat shot comes up the CGI video that says:

“but we can break free from destiny”, “it will require strength, strategy and insight”.

I believe this is showing how the Mursaat ‘broke free from destiny’, they hid themselves and their city with their special ability to phase into the mists and that we may very well have to either follow the Mursaat’s lead or find our own way to break free from the dragon’s like they did.

in Living World

Posted by: pjuppi.3460

pjuppi.3460

where did you see this? printscreen or explain where you can see it plz

in Living World

Urosh Uchiha.9732

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Sort of like how humans were programmed to Zhatains will when they came in contact with him…

Or sort of how Norn’s will’s were programmed when they came in contact with Jormag…

Or sort of like how all Charr were programmed to serve the crystal dragon when they come into contact with the crystals…

So basically you are saying the Slyvari are evil because they have resisted not one, but 5 different dragons influence?

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Sort of like how humans were programmed to Zhatains will when they came in contact with him…

Or sort of how Norn’s will’s were programmed when they came in contact with Jormag…

Or sort of like how all Charr were programmed to serve the crystal dragon when they come into contact with the crystals…

So basically you are saying the Slyvari are evil because they have resisted not one, but 5 different dragons influence?

technically they didnt resist anything.. they started out as dragon minions…so yea..

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

They stacked in the corner when the bombs fell

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

28 seconds into the video.

http://i.imgur.com/AWSzIun.jpg

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

at about 0:25-0:30 you can see him floating across the screen.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

I’d wager after some thought that it is a Margonite, the glow would make sense, Mursaat have distinct outstretched feathers with humanoid bodies, save for some golden armor.

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d wager after some thought that it is a Margonite, the glow would make sense, Mursaat have distinct outstretched feathers with humanoid bodies, save for some golden armor.

Margnoites were humans corrupted by the god Abbadon. I’m still leaning towards the Mursaat.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I also thought it was a possibility that Caithe didn’t kill her. Maybe made her heart stop with her dagger poison or something and revived her when Faolain left. But then she said that the Pale Tree felt Wynne die so yeah…

Maybe she just said it to make it sound more convincing. Maybe the Pale Tree was in on it, somehow. Say, what do sylvari do with their dead? Bury? Burn? Mulch? Can one perform CPR on a sylvari? Surgery? I’ve pondered this before: limb (or heck, since they seem to have them, organ) transplants?

That internal similarity to humans bothers me. It just seems too, as the church lady would say, conve-e-enient. If they are truly that similar to humans on the inside, they might as well be like humans in every other respect — and reproduce as humans do.

Speaking of which, with the Pale Tree’s fate hanging in the balance, maybe it’s time for the sylvari to evolve… and become real boys and girls.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Also, Margonites usually did not float above the ground, and those that did were usually female spellcasters who only floated an inch or two above the ground. All Mursaat floated several feet off the ground.

Additionally, Margonites should’ve been wiped out by Kormir within this time period.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

(edited by Vagrant.7206)

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Some things people might have to think about is, that devs can sometimes give things a new design.

I think that is a Mursaat, and while it doesn’t have the exact same tendril/wing like things from the first game, it still got some sort of tendrils coming out of the back.

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Why is it so hard to believe Wynne is dead?
She’s not even a very important character.

Dead, and will stay dead.

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

kitten why would a MARGONITE be in the Maguuma? They are human followers of Abaddon turned into demons. They have NO PLACE at all in this story.

in Living World

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

Why has nobody mentioned Seers?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ancient_Seer.jpg

Mursaat didn’t have anything spiky around their heads, but if you look at a GW1 model of a Seer, they have a very high spiky collar.

Could be a modern revision of the Seers, but that wouldn’t explain the lack of an extra set of arms.

We don’t know where they are from, but we know they were at odds with the Mursaat, created agony resistance and were around when the Tome of Rubicon was created.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Why is it so hard to believe Wynne is dead?
She’s not even a very important character.

Dead, and will stay dead.

Because her death was…

Well…

Personal Story SPOILER!

Remember the Battle of Claw Island, when all those mentors shut the big gate, sacrificing themselves to hold back the risen, when the risen were already on the other side of the gate? Yeah.

Kinda like that. Plus, I like her. And, in light of the lack of evidence to the contrary, I believe she’s a monk. ;-)

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So… Uh… Do airship cannons and explosions have friendly fire mode on or something? How exactly did that Michael Bay scene cause everyone but the Mordrem to die, yet leave everyone else alive and intact?

It was probably as realistic as the fact you needed to light a signal fire before the fleet patiently hiovering over your head the whole time decided to act. Because, you know, if not for your heroic action, they wouldn’t know someone down below needed help.
Right.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Main character immunity.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Yup margonites do not float that high, but then again nothing really did in GW1, you couldn’t jump so enemies floating off somewhere would be irritating based on how strong the margonites were anyway. Besides, Abaddon was the god of secrets, pretty sure a Margonite would have some tasty knowledge.

If it is a Mursaat, it could be artistic licence, same with it being a Seer just missing a set of arms (or having them folded so they aren’t particularly noticeable). The glow and the outfit do not point to Mursaat, neither have they ever been particularly helpful to anyone but themselves. I’m hedging my bets that it isn’t Mursaat tbh. They don’t glow, nor are they the only ones that float, also they have a distinct set of golden armor that they all wore (http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/0/0f/Mursaat_caster.jpg/209px-Mursaat_caster.jpg), not to mention all but one were killed during the Battle of Lions Arch, Lazarus the Dire.

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

The impression I had was that the cutscene is a direct effect of many of the sylvari going mad and attacking their allies.

but Rytlock was lost to the mists. I mean, really, what the heck, shouldn’t we solve that mystery BEFORE you put him in a cutscene?

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

My thought was took them long enough to think about calling in a air strike. I would have called them much sooner then when they did.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Please use spoiler tags or edit title to add spoiler.

Rytlock has been on a journey in the mists recovering the sword. Perhaps he came back found that his friends are dead or presumed dead and has great hatred for the sylvari.

That was not so much a cutscene but a trailer.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

…not to mention all but one were killed during the Battle of Lions Arch, Lazarus the Dire.

Actually there were a few remaining surviving Mursaat if we look into it. Atleast 4 were left alive during the War in Kryta.

Plus i would imagine there would be some chillin on the Isle of Janthir

in Living World

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Burning down the Pale Tree will only make the situation worse.

Ciera/Scarlet was away from the Pale Tree’s influence and fell under Mordy’s pull. There was evidence that Aerin had gone Soundless. The dragon attacked the Pale Tree.

The Pale Tree, under guidance and protection from the teachings of Ventari, acts as a buffer to help protect the Sylvari that maintain and nurture their connection to her. Sure, there’s a risk that Mordremoth’s influence could corrupt the pale tree and, through her, corrupt all known Sylvari born from her, but for now her protection still stands. It would be a pretty big gamble to think matters are going to be fixed by simply burning down the tree.

Not to mention, there is evidence of Sylvari born from other trees with no connection to the Dream that our Sylvari know. They are probably going to be the bigger problem.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

THAT IS A SPOILER! Edit it, GEEZ!

Like someone already stated, it was a question not a statement.
For all we know Mordremoth has no effect on Sylvari Player Characters at all.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors