Stuck at 4/5 forever...

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

So I never talked to Rox and Brahme after I finished the Molten dungeon. I did every other thing required for the F&F achievements. But those two NPC’s are gone now, and I can never, ever speak to them again.

So no title for me, no 5/5 achievements, and no molten gauntlet ticket.

So my motivation to keep playing, and try the Southsun content is…?

Because what if I don’t finish all the achieves on time?

Seriously. This is a horrible way to encourage people to log on. You’ve just encouraged me to leave the game entirely, because I’ll never, ever, be able to take the 5 minutes to talk to those NPC’s and finish the achievement. What happens if I’m out of town during some Living Story chapter?

Why would I log on and even bother with Southsun, now?

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t know if you noticed but you can get the Southsun achievement reward backpieces (2 items this time) from the first day of the story arc till the last.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Your reason to log in and keep playing could be that you enjoy the content and want to do it.

I don’t understand this attitude that some people have where a game is only worth playing for the rewards. Isn’t the point of playing a game to have fun doing it? Sure getting a reward can be fun too, but if that’s your only motivation to play I think you’re already missing out on a lot.

(And in case you’re wondering I’ve missed achievements and items too. I wasn’t able to get the final version of Mad Memories at Halloween because I wasn’t at a high enough level for the zones, I couldn’t do the jump puzzle because it wouldn’t load and I missed some of the Wintersday achievements too. But it doesn’t bother me, I’m enjoying the other content anyway.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Cherrylin.5869

Cherrylin.5869

Well, if it’s because you feel you can’t complete Living Story stuff anymore, then, as Pixelpumpkin said, you can still do Southsun.

Assuming that what you mean is that you don’t want this to happen again with Southsun and future events, I can understand you; while I don’t think the actual world should still be affected, an NPC (as someone else suggested at some point, unfortunately can’t remember who, but I wish to give them credit) should stand somewhere, who could tell you what had happened and then port you and a group into the old dungeons and see what happened/complete the achievements.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

So I never talked to Rox and Brahme after I finished the Molten dungeon. I did every other thing required for the F&F achievements. But those two NPC’s are gone now, and I can never, ever speak to them again.

Why didn’t you go to them immediately after you completed the dungeon?
Would have been 5 minutes of extra time and you would have the gauntlets.
Don’t have the time to make the dungeon that would have been a problem, but talking to the NPCs? Must be your fault to miss it – no mistake of Anet.
Or do you made the dungeon on the last minutes it was open? That’s sad then, but you had 12 days time for that.

But would be good if things like an event-dungeon would last longer than only 12 days.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

This one time, I set my alarm but then in my sleep I turned it off.

I don’t get up for mornings anymore…

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I ate at a restaurant that gave free cookies after the meal. There’s signs that say “Free Cookie with Every Meal” yet I still forgot to grab one. Do you think if I went back today—a week later—they might still give me a free cookie? I think I’ll pay more attention to the signage next time.

By the way, these are by far the coolest gauntlets in the game. Nah, I’m just busting your chopps OP. Go get yourself a new back piece; no one even remembers the fused gauntlets by now.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I guess Anet should check your schedule for the coming months to see if it suits you…

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

takes 5 minutes to talk to them, it’s your fault for missing it. (hint : don’t leave things til the last minute if you want them)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I almost voluntarily did this with the clock tower. But that empty spot in my achievement list drove me mad (however, I eventually got it) and now I simply have to do all the event achievements. So I can sympathize with the horrible feeling of missing one, especially considering you can never get it.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Chuo.4238

I realize that I should have been more studious in making sure I finished the achieve before logging off, and I’m not saying it’s anyone’s fault but my own; my point here is that it’s frustrating as hell for this to happen, and quite possibly is not a good model for how to do future content.

I’m hoping that ArenaNet rethink this. It’s very, very demotivational. I’m always going to be 4/5 and missing that achievement. I’m far less interested in even bothering with future content now, because what if it happens again?

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

LameFox.6349

…what if it happens again?

Well I’ve ignored achievements before and so far nothing bad has h

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m far less interested in even bothering with future content now, because what if it happens again?

Then it happens. I think anet has been really good since the concerns people had with the way Lost Shores was handled with giving everyone ample time to accomplish everything they deem important within the timeframe of living story events.

Two weeks for the MWF, and leaving the entire rest of the arc active up until the end was tons of time to get everything accomplished. I don’t really see how anyone can complain aside from the idea that living story content is temporary, and honestly, I like the idea of the living story and its limited time cosmetics/achievements each arc. They’re like little time capsules, like the cool hats from holiday events in GW1, only all year round.

In fact, just yesterday I was with some guys on their way to the karka hive and we got to the end bit and one of them was like “man, this is tough” and then I was like “Nah, you should have been here when they FIRST settled the island” And I got to tell the mighty tale of the ancient karka, Took the guy on a tour of the entire ancient karka battle across the island, and link my ancient karka bag to prove i wasn’t just making it all up. That was a really nice moment for me, and the guy thought it was awesome that Southsun had real history… like a real place in a real world.

If it happens again, you’ve either got more important things going on in your life than logging in for a few hours on a weekend or something to do some event content, or you just don’t care much about that content or reward.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

By the way, these are by far the coolest gauntlets in the game. Nah, I’m just busting your chopps OP. Go get yourself a new back piece; no one even remembers the fused gauntlets by now.

Huh. Oh yeah … gauntlets. I still have that claim ticket in my bank, I think. Never decided which toon it would look best on.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I don’t think I’ll ever understand the “I missed an achievement and now I’ll never be able to have fun again” attitude. I’ve skipped plenty of achievements(I’m missing 7 Wintersday achievements, and didn’t bother with the Mad King Clock Tower), and plan to skip even more(I’m not doing any of the Crab Toss ones, other than the 2 I have now). The game didn’t cease to be fun for me.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

I realize that I should have been more studious in making sure I finished the achieve before logging off, and I’m not saying it’s anyone’s fault but my own; my point here is that it’s frustrating as hell for this to happen, and quite possibly is not a good model for how to do future content.

I’m hoping that ArenaNet rethink this. It’s very, very demotivational. I’m always going to be 4/5 and missing that achievement. I’m far less interested in even bothering with future content now, because what if it happens again?

I don’t know about you, but 0/5 would bother me more than 4/5.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

@OP

I don’t understand where your complaint is coming from. If you did 4/5, then why didn’t you spend the extra 5 minutes to finish the conversations? That content was available for an extended period of time, to the point that people were complaining that the F&F segments were too drawn out.

I’m sympathetic, since I hate when I have permanently-unfinished achievements, but I don’t think this particular situation was ANet’s fault.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: sanelson.4028

sanelson.4028

I understand that this situation might be upsetting, I also missed half of the halloween event because I had other things more important to do, however It was my own fault, I didn’t correctly manage my time. Anyway, It’s not the end of the world, there are other things to do, 4/5 achievements is actually pretty good mate!

Aldir Valentine
Mesmer lvl 80
Seaferer’s Rest

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Chuo.4238

I don’t mind not getting all of a festival event. Those come around each year, and can be tried again.

It’s the one-time stuff that’ll never come back that bothers me. I just don’t think there should be major content that’s a one-time deal. Work, family, other things take people afk for periods of time….

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

I don’t mind not getting all of a festival event. Those come around each year, and can be tried again.

Do you know that? Could also be that there will be other achievements next Halloween and the old achievements won’t be doable again. We can’t know what Anet plans about this.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Seriously. This is a horrible way to encourage people to log on. You’ve just encouraged me to leave the game entirely, because I’ll never, ever, be able to take the 5 minutes to talk to those NPC’s and finish the achievement. What happens if I’m out of town during some Living Story chapter?

I can only caution you not to even post stuff like this, UNLESS you are prepared to take alot of flak, such as it’s your fault, give up on real life, you should have done—I did etc. type of comments from the fan peeps. They just will not and cannot comprenhend that these kinds of events can be considered wanting by some people. But just shrug it off and remember you have a legitmate complaint regardless of the negative comments fanpeeps throw at you.

(edited by Moderator)

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Chuo.4238

I can only caution you not to even post stuff like this, UNLESS you are prepared to take alot of flak, such as it’s your fault, give up on real life, you should have done—I did etc. type of comments from the fan peeps. They just will not and cannot comprenhend that these kinds of events can be considered wanting by some people. But just shrug it off and remember you have a legitmate complaint regardless of the negative comments fanpeeps throw at you.

I appreciate the sentiment. That said, I really could give a kitten what somebody who wants to be a jerk from the other side of an internet connection thinks.

Mostly I made this post to try and encourage ArenaNet to find ways for people who missed things to be able to go back and get them.

For example: what about military people who are deployed, or at sea, and can’t play for a few months? Are they just left out forever on the chance at these achievements?

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

For example: what about military people who are deployed, or at sea, and can’t play for a few months? Are they just left out forever on the chance at these achievements?

Sometimes they will miss whole bits of content! And content > achievements. That is part of the Living World experience. Experience it now because a lot of it will not last. That bit is not going to change because it is core to the live experience that ArenaNet wants to bring.

Honestly though this appears very sour grapes. If the achievement was so darn important, why didn’t you spend the 5 minutes to get it? What was more important to Chuo then? Are achievements more important to Chuo now, or just because you can’t get them?

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

At the time of Halloween, Wintersday and even Southsun, I was travelling for work a lot and had other things on my mind. I completed none (I think) of the related achievements. I did the Wintersday dungeon thing a couple of times only. I didn’t do either of the jumping puzzles.

I only got my Southsun reward chest because my boyfriend literally dragged me into the game for that event.

Later when I had to travel less for work, my schedule opened up a bit. I’ve been playing a lot more in the last 3 months. Sometimes I wish I had done the jumping puzzles, or at least gathered some of the crafting materials. But that’s not the choices I made at the time.

I do have my occasional regrets, but the decisions were my own, not ANet’s.

I also found out that the few times in my life when I missed something amazing due to circumstances I really, really couldn’t have changed (ranging from childbirth to funerals), I honestly didn’t care about amazing but trivial things anymore.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

I have to admit though not looking forwards to missing out on stuff in September when im away due to care work for 2 weeks without connection.

Maybe if Anet extended windows on LS stories to 3 weeks as most people only take 2 weeks maximum at a time on holiday or away on work. Just an idea. That way they would have at least a week either at the start or end of the window to complete and not miss out.

More concerning with some of the bits that have a prerequisite to unlock them i suppose.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I agree that 3 weeks is a better duration for temporary content than 2. Or you could introduce new content after 2 weeks, but allow for an overlap wherever the story makes this possible…

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I do think they should eliminate the achievement alltogether if you are no longer able to complete it. As a completionist it bugs the heck out of me that it is there at 4/5 with no way to finikitten.

Edit: ok hold up, why is the forum sensoring finish…..it

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Sometimes they will miss whole bits of content! And content > achievements. That is part of the Living World experience. Experience it now because a lot of it will not last. That bit is not going to change because it is core to the live experience that ArenaNet wants to bring.

Honestly though this appears very sour grapes. If the achievement was so darn important, why didn’t you spend the 5 minutes to get it? What was more important to Chuo then? Are achievements more important to Chuo now, or just because you can’t get them?

Ravious bats .500 – P1: ; P2:

It’s not sour grapes at all – Chuo has a valid question. And here is the answer:

As KTR said, this is how Anet is building Tyria – it’s innovative, interesting and fun. Also, it is and will be frustrating for all of us. I understand that having a 100% completed achievement list is now ruined by having that hole that can never be filled.

The answer to your question is that you should continue because ALL of us have or will have holes in our achievement logs. There will be no way around it for almost all of us. The only one who will be able to always be online at the right time, in-game and properly prepared to grab every achievement that will ever be offered by GW2 will be the one who has no life or is incredibly lucky.

So, the challenge for all of us is to have the least holes in our achievement logs. IMHO no one will be able to have absolutely every achievement that will ever be available for ever.

So relax… but not too much, because you CAN get most of the achievements and possibly more than anyone else!

(edited by Aproposs Of Fire.4056)

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

I don’t understand the people posting that they missed achievements too and don’t care.

That’s great for you that in your mind it doesn’t matter to YOU.

Obviously, this guy cared about completing it and missed out (even though his way of missing out was pretty silly.)

People have different feelings towards different things. Trying to get him to “move on” and forget about it isn’t really going to make him go away or feel better about it.

Just my 2 cents.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I’m at 4/5, also, and it is driving me insane. They should remove the achievement from my list or give me 5/5. Either will work.

I despise dungeons. However, I tried to run Molten Facility and every group I joined fell apart halfway through.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Ravious bats .500 – P1: ; P2:

It’s not sour grapes at all – Chuo has a valid question. And here is the answer:

As KTR said, this is how Anet is building Tyria – it’s innovative, interesting and fun. Also, it is and will be frustrating for all of us. I understand that having a 100% completed achievement list is now ruined by having that hole that can never be filled.

The answer to your question is that you should continue because ALL of us have or will have holes in our achievement logs. There will be no way around it for almost all of us. The only one who will be able to always be online at the right time, in-game and properly prepared to grab every achievement that will ever be offered by GW2 will be the one who has no life or is incredibly lucky.

So, the challenge for all of us is to have the least holes in our achievement logs. IMHO no one will be able to have absolutely every achievement that will ever be available for ever.

So relax… but not too much, because you CAN get most of the achievements and possibly more than anyone else!

Having no life because you manage your time correctly regarding achievements in a game?, what about people that stay at home most of the day because they are sick but still get out once in a while and meet with friends?, they have no life either?, that insult is just awfully bad just because some one has more achievements/played time than you.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t understand the people posting that they missed achievements too and don’t care.

That’s great for you that in your mind it doesn’t matter to YOU.

Obviously, this guy cared about completing it and missed out (even though his way of missing out was pretty silly.)

People have different feelings towards different things. Trying to get him to “move on” and forget about it isn’t really going to make him go away or feel better about it.

Just my 2 cents.

In this thread I only threw in a quick mention that I’d missed some achievements because I suspected otherwise someone would say it’s easy to say rewards don’t matter when you’ve got them, but in other ones I did go into more detail.

Specifically saying I missed some of the Halloween achievements and later the Wintersday ones. At the time it did bother me, mainly because I missed out on the content rather than the achievement but it’s pretty much the same thing.

But now I don’t even remember what it was I missed (except the Clock Tower because I remember the weird bugs I got) and I never notice the missing achievements, I’m too busy focusing on the content that’s still available.

I post about it because I suspect a lot of people will feel the same way. Give it a few months and those missed achievements will seem like nothing compared to the stuff you have done.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

LameFox.6349

Probably not, but I doubt he’ll ever be able to get all the achievements, so it’s better for him to take another look at it and realize ‘oh wait, this is all in my head’ than forever being frustrated and quitting games when he realizes he can’t do every possible thing in them.

I only got my Southsun reward chest because my boyfriend literally dragged me into the game for that event.

Literally?

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Its been said already but if you miss doing an achievement then you only missed doing that achievement. No other consequences. Nothing bad will come of it, so dont worry!

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

…what if it happens again?

Well I’ve ignored achievements before and so far nothing bad has h

Yeah. I know my world is ending cause I didn’t tick off all the Mad King stuff, or Wintersday….. it crumbles around me

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Paragon Studios had a good solution to this, if you finished the achievement (badge) you kept it, after the event was done the ticker if incomplete was hidden.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Its been said already but if you miss doing an achievement then you only missed doing that achievement. No other consequences. Nothing bad will come of it, so dont worry!

You have lost all potential to ever get 100%.
Which pretty much kills the appeal in doing anything in a game for some.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

You have lost all potential to ever get 100%.
Which pretty much kills the appeal in doing anything in a game for some.

No one has ever completed every title track in GW1, and I expect GW2 to be the same. Even OCD completionists (such as myself) need to realize that getting 100% on every achievement will never happen. Anet keeps adding more, and even in the distant future when they stop, some achievements will require such a time commitment that it makes getting all of them impossible. I still do as much as I have time for, but I’m fine not defending Stonemist Castle for 5 years without sleep, and I can live with my lack of the Mad King’s Tower achievement.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Stuck at 4/5 forever...

in Living World

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Guessing you haven’t heard the news, huh? Literally no longer means literally. They actually changed the definition in the Oxford, Merriam, and even Google dictionaries. Yay for changing a word to mean the exact opposite!

twitch.tv/aliettefaye