What happened to Kessex Hills?

in Living World

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I gotta admit, this foreshadowing is awesome! When I think of the Living Story concept, this is the kind of thing I want to see. The best part is that none of this was there in the patch notes, it was left for people to discover & share by word of mouth.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer are back yay! And this foreshadowing works really well, +1 for finally doing some decent lore presentation Anet.
Whatever is coming next seems to have a lot of potential. I just hope there’s more in-game than on blog posts.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

Ooh wow, good catch. This is very ominous.

in Living World

Posted by: yakobu.4183

yakobu.4183

Marjory, my only love, nice to see you somewhere else.
(And, how are they simultaneously in Divinity’s Reach and in Kessex Hills? … And, when do I get my Marjory mini-pet?)

MBP 13", Early 2011, 2.7 GHz i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB, OS X 10.8.2

in Living World

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Marjory Delaqua […] back yay!

After going through the Bloody Prince’s dialog and thinking, “Yes ANet! More of this!” and then you bring back Marjory it’s starting to feel like my birthday. Can’t wait to get home and go see what she has to say.

More of all of this ANet, really. I don’t know what you decided to change in your creative process but the change is good: really good.

If you do this type of stuff to Scarlet you will probably fix her bad reputation with all of us. Just keep doing what you are doing right now.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Why Kessex hills? Mount Maelstrom and timberline falls has a larger Krait density. Also its not so “right under our noses”

Half the adventure is the journey in any story, having this happen in the backyard of Kryta is not the best option.

in Living World

zamalek.2154

timberline falls

Although it’s my favorite area in the game it’s usually deserted – meaning that there would be the very real possibility that nobody would actually notice the new content.

Either way I am sure it will all be explained in the next LS. I think it might have to do with who is there rather than where there is: basically, the champion Krait Witch.

Also, having it right under our noses is a way to let us know we should start looking out for (or searching for) this kind of stuff. Now that we know they might be doing this type of stuff you might find more people head out and look for teasers after a LS update (if they keep doing this, which I hope they do).

Imagine trying this for the first time, putting the tower in the middle of nowhere and then nobody notices it by the time the LS appears: that would be a massive waste of time/money and a missed opportunity. They are teaching us first, then challenging us.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

4 devs and the thread just broke page 2; my… something’s afoot! …or adrift, depending on which element we’re moving into next.

Gotta go check out this when I come home; would love to see Marjory and Kasmeer again.

Tip of the hat to Anet for actually sifting in unannounced threads of subsequent LS story updates; this makes it a living world – just because it’s Halloween and everyone’s crazy running rampant with the Mad King Thorn and the Bloody Prince, the rest of the world doesn’t halt. Here the Krait are moving towards some action; another place other things could be stirring.

More parallel stories unfolding that keep us involved!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

I’m loving this foreshadowing sort of thing! Please keep doing these! I’m having fun with the Halloween patch but I’m already thinking and speculating etc about what’s coming next! These small(or big) things are the start to actually making Tyria feel like a living world!
ANet, Maybe overlay future LS hints like these? for the next 2-3 LS chapters, considering(if I’m not mistaken) you’ve planned months in advance!
We could have something suddenly happening like this Kessex Hill thing, and then something happening around Ascalon, etc depending on where the LS would take us in the next weeks!
The tension would start to build as players, as Hero’s, wouldn’t even know where to turn to!
Well done ANet, loving this!

in Living World

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Woulda been cool if their was some mini puzzle/scavenger hunt like last year to figure out what’s going on under there. Kinda sucks that all we get from these npcs is a little dialogue would love Anet to start adding puzzles and relics around the world to allow us to dive into more of the lore.(similar to the Rift Puzzles/artifacts)

in Living World

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

Move along. There’s nothing to see here.

Marjory Delequa and Lady Kasmeer are looking at the wrong way… It’s you! You’re suspicious. You must be a Krait who broke out of the mists and come to corrupt us!

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I hope it involves scarlet. Anet need to give some hint about her agenda, and i hope it’s good. 9 months of living world updates and no clear motives yet.

Yeah like Scarlet trying to land her Aetherblade ship at the krait obelisk then suddenly her ship is struck by some krait magic and she just dies randomly. A krait then walks by Scarlet’s corpse and wears her wig.

I hope with all my heart that they eat her alive!!

Krait don’t eat rotten crap, Aka Scarlet

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yesterday some gaming blogs/sites (people who get previews) said that they are hearing something big coming up

Guild Wars 2 Hub ?@GuildWars2Hub 20h ooooooh some super exciting news coming in #GuildWars2 soon. #iknowasecretRetweeted by Dragon Season

and

Dragon Season ?@DragonSeasonCom 22h So, I have something cra-azy to share, but I don’t know if it’s the appropriate time. I can’t hide my enthusiasm since morning. ~Tilion

Though the latter may just be a personal thing (unrelated to GW2)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Living World

Posted by: Mak.7625

Mak.7625

Oh my god…wood logs sink……….

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

If you stick them in piles OF COURSE

in Living World

zamalek.2154

Not only that, but also artistic license. Imagine completely silent Star Wars space fights – yeah not too interesting. If they were just piled up on the shore it their position wouldn’t be significant.

A story is being told: not a physics lecture.

Auroraglade

in Living World

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

For all we know the krait pulled those logs to the bottom and chained them to some rocks.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanis.5134

Tanis.5134

Obviously the Mad King cut down the forest to supply the wood for the doors.

Where else would he get enough wood for all those doors?

in Living World

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

what I am reading from this is that I should buy Krait slayer sigils and potions now…

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The krait were driven from the ocean floor by the underwater dragon (‘Bubbles?’); the obelisks are believed (by the krait) connected to return of their prophets. Could the Krait be preparing for such a prophet’s return?

So far we’ve already heard of the wake of most elder dragons and we “killed” Zhaitan, but we’ve yet to see one of them rise. Could the LS be taking a turn to let us experience the wake of an elder dragon? It’s been quite monumental each time it’s happened in the past; tidal waves, etc.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I suspect this is one of those performance updates they are talking about. My fps sure is higher there now… I’m anxiously waiting to see what will happen to DR next patch! O.O

On a serious note I just hope this has nothing to do with Scarlet. Those little details this patch make me feel like GW1 all over. Nostalgia drugs sure are awesome.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Living World

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Not only that, but also artistic license. Imagine completely silent Star Wars space fights – yeah not too interesting. If they were just piled up on the shore it their position wouldn’t be significant.

A story is being told: not a physics lecture.

Guys….. they’re tied down….

/me eye roll
Give them some credit.

Although you know, if a tree falls in the forest and no one was there to hear it, Scarlet did it.

in Living World

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Keep this up ANet! I love how this was stealthily introduced: give a hint inside the game and let it spread by word of mouth. It’s like a teaser trailer for the next episode, only it’s in game.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in Living World

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

I just want to say thank you anet….this is the first time you’ve bombshelled us in game without any warning on this scale….I love you, /fingers crossed its a hard boss encounter like tequatl but I’ll understand if it isn’t. Either way I’m stoked I promise I’ll never call you out again Colin =P

in Living World

Posted by: DymondHed.9026

DymondHed.9026

This concept art was posted on reddit and its a concept for something called a Krait Obelisk

maybe this is just wishful thinking, but maybe we could be seeing Leviathan soon?

i have too many hours logged >_>

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Why Kessex hills? Mount Maelstrom and timberline falls has a larger Krait density. Also its not so “right under our noses”

Half the adventure is the journey in any story, having this happen in the backyard of Kryta is not the best option.

It is if there also happens to be a mysterious floating wizard tower in that same region, albeit farther east.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

They appear to be bound by ropes.

A simpler explanation, obviously, is that the Krait are just TP speculators stalking up on Soft Wood Logs. I mean, just look at the current price!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

Maybe some species of Tyrian wood sink? Maybe it’s been treated with something? Maybe a high mineral content and some mysterious substance in the water causes rapid petrification? Hmmm, not sure I want to be swimming in that.

in Living World

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

So 4 devs actually take the time to reply in this thread, but they ignore almost every other one…get your kitten together anet

Professional noob guardian

in Living World

Posted by: Zoreander.6710

Zoreander.6710

Was that pillar of darkness always above the lake?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nope, it is need and probably outlines the thing hidden by the magic.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

To people that are saying the Krait may have allied themselves to Scarlet Briar, I completely disagree with you. The Krait are very xenophobic and will enslave or kill all other species on sight. Why would they affiliate themselves to Scarlet? That is ridiculous. And if the krait did ally themselves that will make Scarlet the ultimate Villain Sue.

To Arena Net, I am impressed. We need more of this living and breathing in game, though. Please put more in game for future Living Worlds and not just the upcoming patch.

The dredge and flame legion were pretty xenophobic too but that didn’t stop them from following little miss perfect around.

Not trying to dispute your point, I really hope scarlet isn’t involved in this, all I’m saying is there’s a precedent for her flying in the face of established lore, logic and reason.

Yes the Dredge and Flame Legion are xenophobic, but it isn’t unlikely fot them, to build the Molten Alliance under Scarlet. It was a dire situation for them when they founded it. ( Dredge Moletariat facing a revolution, and some very important persons dead. Flame Legion facing war against an enemy too powerful. Even Gaheron as a god couldn’t win it. )

But the Krait. They are xenophobic to the extreme. They kill, eat and sacrifice every non Krait they see. It’s impossible for Scarlet to work with them, they would just attack her on sight. Perhaps this one is a prelude to another Living Story Arc that will come after the Scarlet Arc.

I really like it how Anet changed Kessex. Little or big changes, foreshadowing events are a good way to make this world more living and less static. I wish you could do that more frequently Anet

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Nevah! I shall not move along! I’m liking what I see.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Monkey Fritz.9052

Perhaps this one is a prelude to another Living Story Arc that will come after the Scarlet Arc.

I think you are suffering from some rather serious delusions here. Scarlet is the “main” villain and your personal nemesis. She will never die. She will always show up. She will always send you annoying stalker mail. She will somehow be responsible for the awakening of the elder dragons. Five years from now, people will still be begging anet to just kill her off already.

in Living World

zamalek.2154

Nevah! I shall not move along! I’m liking what I see.

I’m going to JP my kitten up the thing and proceed to AFK up there.

Auroraglade

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Perhaps this one is a prelude to another Living Story Arc that will come after the Scarlet Arc.

I think you are suffering from some rather serious delusions here. Scarlet is the “main” villain and your personal nemesis. She will never die. She will always show up. She will always send you annoying stalker mail. She will somehow be responsible for the awakening of the elder dragons. Five years from now, people will still be begging anet to just kill her off already.

Why are you assuming that Scarlet will be the main villain for all Living Stories?
For all we know she will only be here for THIS Living story and we will face something else when the next “book” is released so to speak.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: JerekLo.5893

JerekLo.5893

It’s pretty obvious what happened to the logs… It’s fantasy! A witch did it! :x

I was all excited for Halloween last night, and then I finally got home and I spent most of the night messing with this mystery. I’m pretty sure it won’t take up the entire cloaked area, but it’s so massive. I wanna fight my way up it and leap from the top! :x

This has got to be our first full blown Krait obelisk or something close to it. Maybe they got their hands on a piece of Zhaitan? Would tie in nicely with teq getting powered up.

Jerek Lo | Singh | Slagg Blackclaw | Wilhelm von Wilhelm | Viscerious
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

in Living World

Monkey Fritz.9052

Why are you assuming that Scarlet will be the main villain for all Living Stories?
For all we know she will only be here for THIS Living story and we will face something else when the next “book” is released so to speak.

Because she’s a cheesy comic book villain, they never die. They just. Keep. Coming. Back.

Also she has already killed whatever hope I had for a decent conclusion to any LS.

in Living World

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

She is going to convince Traherne to wed her, and we get to deal with the union of the two.

in Living World

zamalek.2154

• They would have to make another distinctive Sylvari to replace her.
  • They said TA3 should be chronologically stable no matter when you play it. While they could logic themselves out of that situation (it’s only holograms, or something) it’s far easier to just keep her around.
Auroraglade

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Well, well. This is interesting. Makes me feel dumb for not noticing it. Kasmeer and Marjory taking a break from their secret dating to deal with the krait being up to something right under the nose of all this Halloween business. Hopefully that invasive weed isn’t playing a role in this too.

in Living World

Posted by: Valandras.2093

Valandras.2093

USING MY AMAZING PSYCHIC POWERS I HAVE DETERMINED WHAT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL ENTAIL:

There shall be a Great Krait Obelisk revealed in the middle of Lake Viathan. Also, there will probably be a Lake Viathan Leviathan, because that name is too stupid to NOT lead to that.

We shall climb this Obelisk, fighting krait as we do, and there shall be a boss fight with Interesting Mechanics at the very top.

There shall be Mini Krait available in the Gem Store, and nobody will buy them because minis are stupid.

There may also be “buffs” that don’t actually buff anything, because Anet are mortally afraid of buffing anything that doesn’t wear Heavy Armor.

(edited by Valandras.2093)

in Living World

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

USING MY AMAZING PSYCHIC POWERS I HAVE DETERMINED WHAT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL ENTAIL:

There shall be a Great Krait Obelisk revealed in the middle of Lake Viathan. Also, there will probably be a Lake Viathan Leviathan, because that name is too stupid to NOT lead to that.

We shall climb this Obelisk, fighting krait as we do, and there shall be a boss fight with Interesting Mechanics at the very top.

There shall be Mini Krait available in the Gem Store, and nobody will buy them because minis are stupid.

There may also be “buffs” that don’t actually buff anything, because Anet are mortally afraid of buffing anything that doesn’t wear Heavy Armor.

The mini krait queen will be a reward for completing the 16-achievement meta, and a krait 3 pack will be in the gem store along with some unlimited chopping axe that has to do with the krait story.

In all seriousness, this could be a really cool step in the right direction and I’m pretty excited about it, but I do fear that it might be some shallow Scarlet thing.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Ooo..Oooooh…

Oh this is exciting !

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: KitOnlyHuman.6807

KitOnlyHuman.6807

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Finally actually something that changes the world in a BIG way not like them geysers in Wayfarer Foothills.

Because the destroyed fountain in Lion’s Arch and the replacement of the large hold in DR wasn’t something that changed the world? =P

But yeah, I agree. I love changes!

Kit
Lady Shade | Lydia Barakov | Tesse Centirum | Quote Nevermore| Axe Bloodclaw | Beta Zee

in Living World

Posted by: Erichermit.6018

Erichermit.6018

To people that are saying the Krait may have allied themselves to Scarlet Briar, I completely disagree with you. The Krait are very xenophobic and will enslave or kill all other species on sight. Why would they affiliate themselves to Scarlet? That is ridiculous. And if the krait did ally themselves that will make Scarlet the ultimate Villain Sue.

To Arena Net, I am impressed. We need more of this living and breathing in game, though. Please put more in game for future Living Worlds and not just the upcoming patch.

The dredge and flame legion were pretty xenophobic too but that didn’t stop them from following little miss perfect around.

Not trying to dispute your point, I really hope scarlet isn’t involved in this, all I’m saying is there’s a precedent for her flying in the face of established lore, logic and reason.

Yes the Dredge and Flame Legion are xenophobic, but it isn’t unlikely fot them, to build the Molten Alliance under Scarlet. It was a dire situation for them when they founded it. ( Dredge Moletariat facing a revolution, and some very important persons dead. Flame Legion facing war against an enemy too powerful. Even Gaheron as a god couldn’t win it. )

But the Krait. They are xenophobic to the extreme. They kill, eat and sacrifice every non Krait they see. It’s impossible for Scarlet to work with them, they would just attack her on sight. Perhaps this one is a prelude to another Living Story Arc that will come after the Scarlet Arc.

I really like it how Anet changed Kessex. Little or big changes, foreshadowing events are a good way to make this world more living and less static. I wish you could do that more frequently Anet

Indeed, the Krait are so xenophobic that you can even see them attacking living races while said living race is under attack by risen.

You’d think at the very least you’d side with life.. But not with Krait.

in Living World

Posted by: iPenguin.7069

iPenguin.7069

If I recall correctly, this used to be a small seaside town or village that nearly always had an event where Krait would attack and take villagers as prisoners. Did they finally wipe them out once and for all?

Attachments:

Pengu | The Sickest Guild [NA]

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

This concept art was posted on reddit and its a concept for something called a Krait Obelisk

I hope it’s a new Dungeon. I dislike content that levels you down.
Maybe the new dungeon has some water bosses and the new update focuses on underwater fighting.
So underwater weapons get updates since they had no changes at all in the last huge patch even though it had alot of balance changes.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

If I recall correctly, this used to be a small seaside town or village that nearly always had an event where Krait would attack and take villagers as prisoners. Did they finally wipe them out once and for all?

You’re right! I was checking all this out this morning on my necro and found those very ruins…and failed to make the connection.

And for UberQuaggan’s sake, the rest of you stop worrying about Scarlet. Last time I checked she was chasing my thief around the Iron Marches.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I hope it’s a new Dungeon. I dislike content that levels you down.
Maybe the new dungeon has some water bosses and the new update focuses on underwater fighting.
So underwater weapons get updates since they had no changes at all in the last huge patch even though it had alot of balance changes.

Chances are very low it is a new dungeon because we just had a dungeon update 2 weeks ago (will be 4 weeks when it comes out) and the other living story team working on dungeon content is focusing on the Thaumanova Reactor fractal (something probably out in December).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant