"I'd really like this..." [Gifting Strangers]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nasty Nacho.5869

Nasty Nacho.5869

I would appreciate a name change contract. My reapers name sucks and is in bad need of a fix

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

I would really like if someone could gift me 25 gossamer patches! I managed to get 10 so far and I need just 25 more to craft insignias! It would be very appreciated!

EDIT: Someone gifted them to me! Thank you so much! I’m really grateful ! GW2 has the best community of any game I’ve played!

(edited by Brigantia.5746)

Posted by: Cansire.5079

Cansire.5079

Hello Guys! I’ve just get back to gw2 after half year to finish my industrial training, bought HoT along as well. When checking out the posts I found this, which is almost like a god sent for me. I really want the shadow longbow skin for my ranger but it’s absurdly high price. I really hope I manage to afford it but the material price doesn’t seem to earn me a lot now. Btw, I’m really happy with all the new pets for my ranger especially the wyvern <3 and the final fight in dragon stand is so amazing. And yeah, Happy Wintersday everyone!

EDIT: A good person gifted me this on the first day of wintersday! I’m so happy and grateful! I’m so fortunate to be part of the community and will start gifting others after I finished my asc set!

(edited by Cansire.5079)

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I just bought the game on Friday so I don’t have really anything to offer anyone yet but I’ll keep reading this if I happen to come across something that one you is looking for. I know lots of folks like those pets/miniatures (which I hate) so I’ll toss all of those up that I find.

For me, if you all find “strange” dyes that you don’t want any will likely sell them to a vendor, I’d love to have them.

Oh, and is there an easier way to find this Super Longbow in the attachment than through chests? I have the worst luck in finding keys.

Attachments:

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Posted by: corvus.2793

corvus.2793

Hello all! I know this is a long shot of a request, but I was wondering if anyone could help me get The Crossing staff skin from the first Halloween event. I’ve been playing almost since launch (but am admittedly pretty casual compared to a lot of people) and fell in love with the skin as soon as I saw it but have never been able to permanently get it. I specify permanently because, during Halloween that first year, Anet actually experimented with letting people rent the holiday skins for a certain amount of time and I got to rent it for awhile. Unfortunately, I hadn’t fully understood the system at the time, so I thought I had the skin permanently and was then subsequently disappointed when my time ran out and my staff reverted back to normal. Anyway, if anyone could help me get it, that would be amazing, but if that’s (very understandably) not possible, I would also greatly appreciate any donations toward the 100 Crystal Lodestones I’d need to craft the gift of souls needed to start crafting the staff.

Happy Wintersday everyone!

P.S. I’m from the NA server.

Posted by: graxsor.1274

graxsor.1274

I would really like to have the crystalline dragon wings backpack and i dont think i will be able to afford them before they are removed

Edit: I got my gift and thx alot to who gifted me it!!!

(edited by graxsor.1274)

Posted by: Nastariel.8659

Nastariel.8659

hello ! this is great initiative and i really love the idea
I’ve returted to game after 1,5y breake, I’ve bought HoT and strarting play at revenant. I love this guy so much, idc he is out of meta, or overnerfed.
The point is I’m using hammer as my second set, cause on fractals you sometimes have to stay on long ranged of enemy, also hammer build is usefull on WvW but…. i don’t have any nice hammer skin i’m running on very cheap and casual one….
could someone make me happy with nice hammer skin? or maybe help me craft Mjolnirhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mj%C3%B6lnir ? 350 charged logestones is alot thanks for all the help, and see you all in Tyria !

server: EU

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Self-fulfilled, thanks for those who read it.

(edited by Chaos.2108)

Posted by: chimenep.7241

chimenep.7241

Hello! I would love to have either the Wedding Attire or the Crystal Savant outfit. I’m trying to create a crystal/frozen themed Human Necromancer. I would love to help you out if I can if I get one of these two items! They are some of my favourite items in the whole game, and I can’t seem to get one from the guaranteed wardrobe unlocks… I can’t get gems that much and I don’t have enough gold to convert to gems. I’m on Far Shiverpeaks in the European server!

(edited by chimenep.7241)

Posted by: Matt.7890

Matt.7890

I would really like the crystalline dragon wings glider and backpack set if anybody could gift them to me. I was farming gold to convert to gems, but unfortunately didn’t get enough. I wrote a post similar to this one and then deleted it because the wings are no longer available in the gem store. However, somebody could have bought an extra set or the wings could come back at any time, so I am re-writing this post. I really hope that I will be able to get these wings, as they’re really the one thing I’ve wanted from the gem store so much.

P.S. I’m on an NA server.

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Asking Not for me but for a guildmate that i unfortunatly Not got on our guilds secret Santa, she is reletively new and i wanted to help her out by getting her a copperfed salvege tool or some bag slot expansions but i simply can Not afford it.
I know it Sounds a Bit stupid to ask for gifts to Gift someone else, but help in anyway or Form would be much appreciated
Forgot to mention that we both Play on eu kodasch

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

(edited by Horus.9685)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Asking Not for me but for a guildmate that i unfortunatly Not got on our guilds secret Santa, she is reletively new and i wanted to help her out by getting her a copperfed salvege tool or some bag slot expansions but i simply can Not afford it.
I know it Sounds a Bit stupid to ask for gifts to Gift someone else, but help in anyway or Form would be much appreciated
Forgot to mention that we both Play on eu kodasch

Can you can ask for a gift for someone else like this? If it’s sent to you you only have the option to accept it. At that point it’s soul bound to you. The person would need the display name of your friend to send it to them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Drami.2061

Drami.2061

I would really like the new ice encasement outfit they have on the gem store if it is possible. I am fairly new to the game (about 2 months) and I am loving it a lot! Especially the whole customizable armors and weapons. I would totally buy the gems myself but sadly I do not work and I don’t have enough gold in game.

Other than that, Happy Wintersday everyone!

I am on an NA server.

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Can you can ask for a gift for someone else like this? If it’s sent to you you only have the option to accept it. At that point it’s soul bound to you. The person would need the display name of your friend to send it to them. [/quote]
I have some gems left over, a Bit Short of the 300 but not enough gold to buy the rest

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589:

Can you can ask for a gift for someone else like this? If it’s sent to you you only have the option to accept it. At that point it’s soul bound to you. The person would need the display name of your friend to send it to them.

I have some gems left over, a Bit Short of the 300 but not enough gold to buy the rest

If you’re asking for gold in order to buy gems and then you’ll gift it yourself that way then you should give an estimate of how much gold you’ll need.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: maxray.8452

maxray.8452

hey i would like the timekeeper longbow skin i unfortently dont have the gold or the clam tickets to get it my self but my dragon hunter would like it

thanks to the person who giftet me the skin here is a pic

i play on EU
srry for my bad English

Attachments:

(edited by maxray.8452)

Posted by: Shayla.3725

Shayla.3725

Heya guys, not sure if ppl still look here but i’ll give it a shot anyways.
I’m working on crafting Nevermore right now, and i already have The Raven Staff completed. Since it forced me to buy some mats which i did not have on the TP, i’m completely broke right now, and i wanted to continue crafting my first legendary
Anyways, reason for this post is that i need 250 amalgameted gemstones, and i only have 5 of them. If any of you have some you do not need, i would really appreciate them!

Total count: 11/250 amalgamated gemstones

Thanks in advance!

PS: if any of you need help ingame, feel free to pm me. I’ll gladly help if i can

(edited by Shayla.3725)

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Just a couple of reminders:

1. Please read some of the older posts as people often track what they are asking for if it happens to be mats for crafting.

2. It doesn’t always have to be about Gem Store items. Ask for things you need in game as well like mats or help getting achievements or collection pieces.

3. Please update your posts, so we can all help each other more efficiently.

I love this thread, and often help out those looking for things in game as much as I can. I don’t have the extra bank for Gem stuff either, so I try to help out anyone the best way I can.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Smistrato.6718

Smistrato.6718

Hey guys, I thought that the legendary precursor collections were cool scavenger hunts to go on so I gave the incinerator collection a go, problem is I can’t progress to the next collection without crafting the first tier. I don’t have the gold to spare for the elonian leather squares for a legendary inscription, so if anybody could donate an elonian leather square or two that would be great!

Posted by: Jake the Dog.5398

Jake the Dog.5398

Hey guys, I’d love if I could get the Hawk glider/backpack set from the gem store or better yet, someone who would be willing to help me in game going around to do the achievements in order to unlock the first tier precursors

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Just a quick update…I had the best luck today…got an endless repair contract from a BLC. Sold it and bought the rest of my Charged Lodestones to make Mjolnir!!!

Big thank you to everyone who gifted me Lodestones to get to this goal…there were several of you. I will have a pic added into my original post to show that I did make it and it is Mine, Mine, Mine!!!

EDIT: AND I had enough Gold left to buy all the drinks I needed for Winter’s Presence! So I have achieved both goals!!!

Adding pic here too…just cause I am so proud!

Attachments:

I do because I can
I can because I want to

(edited by Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209)

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Just to re-emphasize…

This works, folks. I had several very kind gifts of Lodestones and Drinks to help me get the items I was collecting/crafting. (Mjolnir and Winter’s Presence)

It doesn’t have to be something from the Gem Store.

Please don’t forget to add status updates to your posts.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Posted by: Feirin.5481

Feirin.5481

i would love if someone could give/spend me 1 Invisible Bag (18 or 20 slot) <3

Thanks in advance

(edited by Feirin.5481)

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I would dig some fun folks to run Arah paths with.

I just came back to the game. Am a condition Guardie, and on a lot of the Arah paths conditions were…not so helpful back in the day. Now I think I have a shot with the condition changes. Unfortunately, my guild isn’t so active these days.

Also, if anyone knows an active guild that loves lore and PvE, I’d appreciate a heads up!

Posted by: Drake Bauer.6034

Drake Bauer.6034

I would really apreciate any advice you can give a new player.

Server: Devona’s Rest
Julie Gal

azureai.9764

I would really apreciate any advice you can give a new player.

1. Go to this awesome thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/OMG-If-you-only-knew-this-tips-for-new-players/first

2. The Guild Wars 2 wiki is your friend. You can type /wiki anything into the chat bar and come up with an article. It even has tips and tricks on the front page.

3. DO NOT use a Lv 80 boost. This game is best learned by exploring, and there’s a long learning curve. Most of the game is still well populated. I truly think with all of the in-game systems (and how poorly they’re explained in game), boosting to 80 is a recipe for disaster.

Posted by: Tygerbite.8539

Tygerbite.8539

Hey everyone. I would love it if I could get a new greatsword skin. I’m a relatively new player and what little gold I have is going toward other things. I don’t care if it’s cheap and not very flashy, I just want to replace this bland sword I’m currently running around with.

Huge thank you for the lovely new skin. I love it!

Attachments:

(edited by Tygerbite.8539)

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Hey everyone. I would love it if I could get a new greatsword skin. I’m a relatively new player and what little gold I have is going toward other things. I don’t care if it’s cheap and not very flashy, I just want to replace this bland sword I’m currently running around with.

I highly recommend the Jotun Greatsword. It gives off a cold mist effect, and can be acquired from a Renown Heart Vendor in Snowden Drifts.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jotun_Greatsword

I have used this on my warrior ever since launch(just after launch actually) when I stumbled upon this as I completed this Heart. I still get asked to this day by players where I got this skin, as it is pretty unique and I rarely see anyone else using it in game.

There are lots of very cool Greatsword Skins that can be easily obtained from Heart Vendors, so if the Jotun Greatsword isn’t your style, I suggest exploring the gallery here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_greatswords

Just follow the links and see if any you like can be gotten from Heart Vendors(pretty much the easiest way to get some fairly nice skins). Others may take a bit more work to acquire.

Also, if you need to find one, or get to one in an area you haven’t explored yet, feel free to send me a message in game and if we both happen to be on I will gladly get you to any heart vendor you need.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

Posted by: Tygerbite.8539

Tygerbite.8539

I highly recommend the Jotun Greatsword. It gives off a cold mist effect, and can be acquired from a Renown Heart Vendor in Snowden Drifts.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jotun_Greatsword

I have used this on my warrior ever since launch(just after launch actually) when I stumbled upon this as I completed this Heart. I still get asked to this day by players where I got this skin, as it is pretty unique and I rarely see anyone else using it in game.

There are lots of very cool Greatsword Skins that can be easily obtained from Heart Vendors, so if the Jotun Greatsword isn’t your style, I suggest exploring the gallery here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_greatswords

Just follow the links and see if any you like can be gotten from Heart Vendors(pretty much the easiest way to get some fairly nice skins). Others may take a bit more work to acquire.

Also, if you need to find one, or get to one in an area you haven’t explored yet, feel free to send me a message in game and if we both happen to be on I will gladly get you to any heart vendor you need.

I completely forgot about heart vendors! I usually run off to do something else after I finish a heart. I’ll have to go around and see what stuff I missed. Thanks for the tip!

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

My one and only dream… the Glittering Longbow skin. With that precious, I’d finally be able to perfect my Druid, who has lately become one of my favourite characters.

//I was asking for alot, yet someone incredibly generous just gifted me the skin! Thank you so much! :) I’ll make sure to forward this awesome deed whenever I can. Happy Lunar New Year everyone!

Here’s my Druid with her new bow.

Attachments:

(edited by Hevoskuuri.3891)

Posted by: Haws.8031

Haws.8031

I would really love some unbreakable gathering tools. As a node junkie that is my biggest annoyance.

Posted by: Dolothane.4306

Dolothane.4306

A total makeover kit or unbreakable gathering node kits would make my dreams come true! This thread makes me so happy, it’s so great to see this kind of stuff. Hard to beat the GW2 community.

Posted by: Owlicious.2016

Owlicious.2016

I would absolute LOVE anyone who could help me out with mats for ascended medium armour. Haven’t managed to make any of the pieces yet. I just absolutely love fractals and am having a hard time gearing up to get the AR to do anything other than T1’s

Also, if anyone on NA servers want to learn fractals feel free to message me, I’ll run with anyone who wants to learn!<3

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

If I had one wish for free, it would not be Eternity or the Juggernaut. Those are goals that I might yet set for myself in a far away future.

But I’d really like the Inventor/Sport Sunglasses for my Engie and/or Thief, since it is the pinnacle of swagness! I know this can be hard as they are no longer available but you never know maybe one of you has one set of sunglasses to spare.

Thanks in advance for considering this!

Server: EU

Edit: Now that the inventor sunglasses are back in the shop, I’ll fulfill that desire myself Still a wonderful thread!

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

(edited by Plautze.6290)

Posted by: mosser.7695

mosser.7695

Thank you very much, I finally got it

(edited by mosser.7695)

Posted by: Rawr.9467

Rawr.9467

Hey guys,

I would love to have the celestial chicken glider. I find it hilarious and really want to purchase it but my gold is currently all going towards Chuka and Champawat (and you know how pricey legendaries can be :P)

Anyway I’ll start trying to fund it myself but if anyone is feeling generous it would be appreciated

Posted by: JustACat.1086

JustACat.1086

I’d like to thank a very kind player very much. :) I absolutely love that skin regardless of my choice of toon – specific character for whom it will fit greatly is low level so far, however I’ve whole idea of a perfect look in my head. :) Can show it only in a preview window so far. I know that it’s far from perfect in the aesthetic sense but it’s perfect for me. Also dyes in a preview window are very much hit or miss.

Also, if I can help anyhow… Don’t have much gold or valuables but I’ll do my best. :)

Attachments:

(edited by JustACat.1086)

azureai.9764

I’ve had everything for Twilight except Dusk since I took a break from the game a couple years ago. Now I’m back, and I’ve made progress on the precursor scavenger hunt.

I’m at the stage in part two where I just need a TON of mithril ore. Small donations from anyone with some to spare would be appreciated by this working charr.

Edit: I received a good deal of ore from a few, extraordinarily kind people. With it, I was able to finish off crafting 250 mithril blades, and I’m currently working on the 250 mithril hilts. It’s still gonna take some time, but I certainly appreciate folks helping to get me this far!

(edited by azureai.9764)

Posted by: novaspire.9801

novaspire.9801

Hi, I’ve been working towards the astralaria axe, and am just dying from the lack of wood needed. Id super appreciate any wood someone could send my way.

edit : a kind donator has already sent me a huge help, so thanks!

(edited by novaspire.9801)

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

This is a FANTASTIC thread! I’m going to read through later and see what I can help with.

Personally, I’ve always wanted a Bolt legendary sword.

Posted by: Anarchy.5893

Anarchy.5893

This is such an amazing thread, I honestly love this community
I’d really like a copper fed salvage-o-matic.

Posted by: platypusofdoom.2413

platypusofdoom.2413

This is such a nice idea. I could definitely use something – and I’ll pay it forward when I make some more gold. My daughter plays too and she’s trying to make Nevermore (she’s a big fan of Edgar Allan Poe too!). I’ve given her all of the mats and gold I can muster. At the moment, we’re short the 250 Amalgamated Gemstones – and I’m all out of resources. She’s really looking forward to making Nevermore while she has school holidays next week, and I’m trying so hard to make that happen for her. Any generosity would be greatly appreciated!

platypusofdoom.2413

Posted by: Viliath.9240

Viliath.9240

I would honestly love celestial dye.. The pure white is amazing!

Posted by: ShardOfNarsil.6045

ShardOfNarsil.6045

This is such an wonderful idea , seems like everything I heard about this game having a friendly community before starting to play is true.

I really want those hawk wings but I’m a broke college student and already splurged on HoT xD. Help would be greatly appreciated ^.^

Server: Desolation EU

(edited by ShardOfNarsil.6045)

Posted by: GalenWolffit.3842

GalenWolffit.3842

I’m trying to craft Dusk, and am stuck on the time-gated lumps of mithrillium I need to craft Deldrimor Steel Ingots.. of course the mithrillium is account-bound, so if anyone would be generous enough to donate one or more Deldrimor ingots that would be incredible.

thanks!

Posted by: PazuzuCat.9365

PazuzuCat.9365

This is really such a cool idea, I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it anywhere else.

I fell in love with the Mursaat cosmetics the first time I saw them, specifically the Mursaat Wings but at the moment I am a broke college student, so any help getting the Mursaat wings would be incredibly welcome. Hopefully one day I can pay it forward

Server: Ehmry Bay: NA

Posted by: rochersuchard.9751

rochersuchard.9751

Hey guys !

I spend a lot of time raiding and doing meta events in open world, and one thing that would help me quite a lot would be a Permanent Trading Post Express Contract. Btw this topic is amazing and shows how great the GW2 community is !

Server : EU

(edited by rochersuchard.9751)

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

Hello community,

I’ve seen this topic long ago and couldn’t decide. Something useful, but I didn’t want to be egoistic about it. After today’s raid pug commanding on TS I decided I know what I could ask for – please help me get commander tag so I could bring in people and help them out. Especially in raids now. But in open world as well to lead events. Perhaps at some point I’ll lern to properly wvw so it would be useful then as well.

Server: EU

EDIT: I managed to self fulfill this. Into the raids now! If you still would like to help me out, msg me in game

(edited by Shampanix.3928)

Posted by: CrowMeridian.3168

CrowMeridian.3168

I’m a recently returned player after not playing for a few years, and am working toward my first legendary! I’m doing pretty well for it, but I’m stuck on the time-gated portion of making mithrillium for Deldrimor Steel ingots. Have about 20 more to go, so any amount would be helpful to speed up the process!

Server: NA

EDIT: A very kind person sent me a couple! Thank you very much – I’d feel bad to take more, so this is fulfilled.

(edited by CrowMeridian.3168)

Posted by: Third Degree Ember.6430

Third Degree Ember.6430

Oh wow! It’s so nice to go through the pages and just read all the posts. Definitely a nice change of pace in the forums.

Even though I’m working on my first legendary, it’s something I’m slowly making progress on and something I think I’ll eventually get. Something I don’t think I could ever justify getting for myself—but would be such a wonderful quality of life improvement—is a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic. If anyone’s kind enough to gift me that, I’d even personally drop the gold for the shared inventory slot because I’m such a alt-o-holic :P

Desire: Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
Server: NA

EDIT: Wow! Thank you so much, gifter It feels like Wintersday all over again!

(edited by Third Degree Ember.6430)